Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E04: I'm A Little Boss

• Start Topic

Jen and Bill are to be the godparents at the baptism of Jen's nephew; The Kleins travel to Charlotte for baby Nathan's baptism; and Will and Zoey make a homemade birthday cake for their uncle, created with a healthy helping of love and taste-tested.

While I agree Zoey is wildly and insanely cute I felt like Jen's mom really favored Zoey over Will tonight during the cake baking segment and it bugged, it bugged hard.  It probably bugged way more than it should have.

On the other hand I grew up in Charlotte so it was fun to see Discovery Place.  Also fun that they made it seem like Discovery place was the only thing to do with kids in Charlotte. That probably isn't true but it is sure as heck how I felt about it when I was a kid growing up in Charlotte.

Edited by bybrandy
  • Love 2

I am SO with Zoey on this one.  OK, there's a baby ... BUT - there's an animal by the back door!!!  Guess where we're hangin'?  ;-)

The ONLY reason my niece was able to be baptized without her "Godmother" being distracted by wildlife and/or stray animals was those effing stained glass windows and heavy wooden doors.  ;-D   (I choose to believe my spiritual obligation consists of making her think for herself, peppered with an undeniable guilt trip over the state of the environment.  Hey, they're "Lutherans" who only went to Church ONCE, fer eff's sake.  I have a semblance of moral conviction!).

Will is always hungry.  I believe it is psychological, and that food equates with happiness, love, and comfort in his world.  Good thing he hasn't been introduced to heroin.  ;-)

• Love 13

I wasn’t really paying attention during the cake baking scenes- except to wonder about the convenient presence of 2 three rung stepladders in the kitchen

It was a sweet episode. 

I laughed at Zoe’s TH where she says she no longer likes animals- she was now a princess.  Will loves  babies- that was cute, too. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 5

I would have excused will and Zoey out of the kitchen after they greased and floured the pans. Call them back in when it is time to lick the spoon. putting the frosting spoon in his mouth and then on the cake was beyond disgusting. Bad habits at home magnify themselves away from home.

Also big moment of will not following directions, used to be told over and over again, and not being disciplined for his actions. At every opportunity he kept touching the baby's head. If I was a new mom, I would have took the baby to a room and hid. Jen should have had a conversation with both of hers on the way over - "touch the baby gently, do not touch his head/face". At least bill was the voice of reason an grabbed the sanitizer.

I guess they gave them the lollypops to keep them quiet in church. I suppose they were sugar free.

Jen's brother had the right idea - tell everyone to be ready an hr before the real time. Says a lot for the family. That is why on some occasions it is best to stay separately - so everyone can attempt to be ready at once and no one has to worry about the meal before for a bunch of people. I bet the baby's mom ( I didn't catch her name) was a nervous wreck by the time she got to the church.

oh.. Bill made a comment that they missed the diaper and bottle feedings stage... didn't the get both children before they were potty trained ? they might have missed multiple bottle feedings, but I think they went though a long sippy cup stage

• Love 7

I thought it was sweet how eager Will was to help with the baby. Zoe losing interest after about five minutes was pretty funny as well. 

I was completely grossed out by the cake making scene.

It seemed like Jen's brother was ready to toss everyone out the house by the time the baptism rolled around. I don't understand why it was so difficult to leave on time when there were six adults and only three children. At first I thought it was fake drama for the show, but Jen's brother and his wife seemed genuinely pissed, so maybe not. 

I did think Jen and Zoe looked really nice at the ceremony. I loved their dresses.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, sATL said:

I guess they gave them the lollypops to keep them quiet in church. I suppose they were sugar free.

But they'd still stick to the carpet and/or pews.  I always thought that one of the Ten Commandments was, "Thou shalt only give thy children dry Cheerios in church."

I, too, cringed when Will kept touching the baby's head while Jen quietly explained why he shouldn't.  Sometimes, a firm "do not do that" is required - as in the case of potential physical harm.  

I have never watched a full episode of "Seven Little Johnstons," but saw the beginning of one after "The Little Couple" ended last night.  Their one son is in 5th grade, so I'm assuming he's about 10.  Will is 7.  The Johnston child (also adopted from Asia) was articulate and well-behaved.  He was verbalizing his fear of having a mouth mold done so he could get braces - full sentences, correct words, not just screaming "NO" and flailing all over the place.  There was one scene where he was wearing a welder's helmet and walked up to Trent and said, "Dad, I am your son" while imitating the voice of Darth Vader.  We were laughing out loud at our house.  

I am no professional, but I do think Will has something going on developmentally, and the lack of structure and discipline at home doesn't seem to be a good thing for him.  Grandma seemed annoyed with him while he was helping with the cake; I think she expected him to see and follow her example that you don't jam a candle halfway through the top of a cake.  I understood her frustration.  I was just glad that the cake wasn't the top of Baby Nathan's head.

• Love 5

I enjoyed this episode. I was laughing during the ceremony when Bill was talking about breaking out in a sweat while holding the baby. Usually, I don't find Bill's humor funny, but that did make me laugh.

As someone said above, Bill and Jen did miss the bottle stage, but they definately didn't miss the diaper stage. In fact, the diaper stage went on much longer for them than it does for most people. 

• Love 3

Say what you will about her behavior at times but I LOVE Zoe...she is too funny...her whole "I'm the little Boss"! Her vocabulary has grown SO much...

I do believe that a lot of Will's behavior comes from the early days in the orphanage I know some of my family members who were adopted from over seas orphanage, I know my "typical" cousin from Korea was very similar, and still struggles with impulsiveness today.

• Love 8

OK. Not 5 minutes into the hour and Jen says, "My brother has asked Bill and I to be Godparents." C'mon, Jen. You're educated and a professional who gets paid for speaking engagements. Don't be afraid to say "Bill and me". It's not dumb. It's correct. Geeze! That gets on my last nerve.

There is no way in hello that I would eat anything from a kitchen that Will and Zoe have participated in making. I think the reason NaiNai appeared to be correcting Will more than Zoe was because Will was the real leader. Zoe was watching his behavior and imitating it. Will was the problem. Zoe was actually trying to listen. If that cake had been made in their own kitchen and just for the immediate family of four, that's different. Just don't ask me to eat it.

That said, look at the picture at the end. Will's big smile is so endearing.

• Love 14

When Will and Zoey did their one-on-one with the camera, I heard her say she didn't like animals anymore because she was a princess.  Then Will told her she wasn't (I think that's what I heard).  Anyway, Zoey sighed and said, "Okay Will".  She was like..."whatever dude".  Now THAT shows maturity in any four year old.  When they were on the way in the car and Zoey had to pee - she was so "grown up" about trying to hold it.  I look at these two kids and it's hard to believe Will is two years older.

I did not like the fact that he kept rubbing the baby's head.  Jen should have taken his hand away and said, "Do not touch the baby's head - PERIOD."  Instead, she drones on and on about the soft spot while he continues to rub the baby's head while looking like he's in a trance.  Come on Jen, Will wasn't hearing a word you were saying.  In his world it's all about Will.  He needs parameters.  If they've set any, it's done off camera.

Zoey can be a little hard-headed too, but it's a typical four-year-old hard-headedness.  Like others have said, I too believe Will has some developmental issues.  I think his grandmother feels it as well.  Notice how she had him standing in front of her when they stood up at church.  She had both hands on the pew in front of her like she was fencing him in.

Jennifer has been around enough babies/children to know when there are developmental issues.  They probably have Will enrolled in some type of specialized therapy sessions.

Edited by Evagirl
typo
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, Ina123 said:

I think the reason NaiNai appeared to be correcting Will more than Zoe was because Will was the real leader. Zoe was watching his behavior and imitating it.

Yeah, I didn't mind NaiNai correcting Will more because Will was doing more wrong.  But Will was given the dump the spoon on the cake job while Zoey was given the much bigger (and more work and less opportunity to eat icing) job of spreading the icing on the cake.   Fine.  It was an assembly line thing, whatever.  But then when it was sprinkle time Will wasn't allowed to do that bit either.   Zoey is easier than Will.  I get it.  But it still felt unequal to me and it bugged.  

And I'm not sure she didn't feel like she had too much to manage with giving Will decorative jobs.  I'm not sure it was that she preferred Zoey.

But it is how it read to me and it bugged me... but I'm willing to say I overreacted.   She only took selfies with Zoey, too.  But Will wasn't outside and Will might not be at all interested in Selfies.  So again maybe not a preference for Zoey.  But it adds up in a way that bugged me, but maybe more than it should.

• Love 1

I want to keep Zoey! I laughed hilariously at “I’m the little boss”. My granddaughter said the same thing when she was a preschooler. My D-in-law was the director of a preschool and my granddaughter said “Mommy is the big boss and I am the little boss!” And she really believed it!

• Love 4
5 hours ago, AZChristian said:

I am no professional, but I do think Will has something going on developmentally, and the lack of structure and discipline at home doesn't seem to be a good thing for him.  

Did you happen to see the preview for next week's episode? Bill and Will are smashing cupcakes in each others faces at the shop in DC while Zoe shrieks at them to stop. To me, that's the sort of thing that Bill needs to quit doing. I understand he wants to be one of those parents who doesn't take life too seriously, but kids model behavior. If Will sees Dad sticking his hands in food, it's no wonder he doesn't think twice about doing it while baking a cake with his grandmother. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 15
18 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Did you happen to see the preview for next week's episode? Bill and Will are smashing cupcakes in each others faces at the shop in DC while Zoe shrieks at them to stop. To me, that's the sort of thing that Bill needs to quit doing. I understand he wants to be one of those parents who doesn't take life too seriously, but kids model behavior. If Will sees Dad sticking his hands in food, it's no wonder he doesn't think twice about doing it while baking a cake with his grandmother. 

It bothered me to see that, especially for a kid who clearly has trouble distinguishing boundaries and regulating his behavior.  I also thought it was way out of line for the time and place.  Family picnic outside and dad decides to engage in food fight with his son, that's their business.  In a place of business during an event for someone else, even if it is your other child, you're way out of line.

• Love 14

I haven't seen this one yet, but the kids are adorable & will have all advantages. That said, Bill needs to grow up.  I think, judging from his THs, he likes to entertain & be liked.  Of course it's healthy to joke & have fun with the kids, but he is the adult so he must also teach (& model) proper behavior, & do boundary setting/corrections at times. I don't know if this is just something for TV or not, but it will become draining for Jen (& possibly on the marriage eventually) if she becomes the only true adult in the house.  Just my $.02.

Edited by gonecrackers
forgot an 's'
  • Love 19
1 hour ago, bybrandy said:

But then when it was sprinkle time Will wasn't allowed to do that bit either.   Zoey is easier than Will.  I get it.  But it still felt unequal to me and it bugged.  

He was allowed to do it. He had the bottle of sprinkles and started dumping a pile of them in one spot so grandma put her hand over his and showed him how to do it more gently and spread the sprinkles around the cake.  That kid is like a bull in a china shop. 

2 hours ago, Evagirl said:

When Will and Zoey did their one-on-one with the camera, I heard her say she didn't like animals anymore because she was a princess.  Then Will told her she wasn't (I think that's what I heard).  Anyway, Zoey sighed and said, "Okay Will".  She was like..."whatever dude".  Now THAT shows maturity in any four year old.

I caught that, too! The exasperated expression on her face was priceless. Zoey is a very special and different little girl. She is so smart, very wise beyond her years. I enjoy listening to her comments. Having said that, she still needs discipline and direction just like any other child. 

Bill just wants to be the good time daddy. He gets on my nerves. 

• Love 15
19 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Bill just wants to be the good time daddy. He gets on my nerves.

Mine too!  He's just like a big kid.  I think (hope) most of his childish antics are for the camera, you know, trying to make "good TV" or something.  He should know not to encourage Will to do things that are not proper because Will will just go hog wild.

I agree with you about Zoey.  She's a smart and precious little girl, but they need to reign her in.  She screams at her parents when she feels she's being ignored or not getting her way.  There is nothing wrong with getting eye-level with her and saying, "Zoey, that is not the way to behave.  You will NOT raise your voice to Mommy or Daddy."  But Jen and Bill have to mean it and there has to be consequences otherwise nothing will change.

• Love 12
27 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

He was allowed to do it. He had the bottle of sprinkles and started dumping a pile of them in one spot so grandma put her hand over his and showed him how to do it more gently and spread the sprinkles around the cake. 

I swear I thought that was Zoey.   Wasn't that Zoey?  And then Will asked to do some and she didn't let him?

• Love 3

I love Zoey. I think she is adorable. I'm with you and Zoey @walnutqueen: "huh. a baby. Terrific. Oh, look! A kitty!!" (or doggie, in this case). I did like seeing Will so nurturing toward the baby. I hope he is able to sustain that, rather than listening to Bill with his insistence that men are afraid to handle babies.

The cake-making grossed me out completely.

Serious question: when they were getting into the rental vehicle at the airport, I really noticed how small Jen is. Wouldn't it be safer for her to have a booster seat? I know the laws around boosters (at least in California) are height- and weight-based. I get that it might feel a bit demeaning but I wonder about her safety if the airbag were to go off.

• Love 4
41 minutes ago, bybrandy said:

I swear I thought that was Zoey.   Wasn't that Zoey?  And then Will asked to do some and she didn't let him?

Nope, that was Will. Then after that he shoved the candle way down in to the cake. That's when grandma Nai Nai had enough! lol, she kept her cool in front of the camera, though!

52 minutes ago, jcbrown said:

Serious question: when they were getting into the rental vehicle at the airport, I really noticed how small Jen is. Wouldn't it be safer for her to have a booster seat? I know the laws around boosters (at least in California) are height- and weight-based. I get that it might feel a bit demeaning but I wonder about her safety if the airbag were to go off.

I was wondering the same thing.  Maybe she does when not filming.

I really like Bill, he's got a great personality, but he does need to start disciplining his kids, especially Will.  Will can't distinguish between the times when it's okay to play and the times when he needs to behave.

• Love 10
43 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Nope, that was Will. Then after that he shoved the candle way down in to the cake. That's when grandma Nai Nai had enough! lol, she kept her cool in front of the camera, though!

I just watched my recording again and it was Zoey who had the sprinkles, Will asked for a turn but Judy said no to him and gave him the candle instead.  

• Love 7

I also rewatched a little while ago.  It was definitely Zoey who piled up the sprinkles - and then dropped the sprinkle container onto the top of the cake.  It looked to me like Grandma was equal in her correction of both the kids' behavior.  She kept telling Zoey to be gentle in spreading the icing, and all she had to say to Will was "another scoop."  At one point, she repeated his name a couple of times and then said (a little louder) "William Klein."  It's the code of adulthood . . . when the full name comes out, the kid starts to pay closer attention.  LOL.

I also noticed that the whole time Jen was holding Nathan and talking to Will about the baby's soft spot, Grandma actually had her hand on Will's wrist.  She would have stopped any potential harm to the baby a lot faster than Jen's voice - which was doing nothing.

• Love 11

Overall nice episode. Except the cake baking part. I am tired of the gratuitous "lets bake a cake or make a pizza" segments. It was ok to watch early on but now ....gross and disgusting. Even Comedian Bill was wary of what went on before the cake was served to people. Bill and Jen are producers on this show?? What are they thinking?? Nai Nai was/is the only family member who can sort of discipline those kids. Nai Nai was definitely ready for her close up, whatever cosmetic surgery she had done looks great.

• Love 7

This was my favorite episode of the season thus far. I plain and simply enjoyed watching how loving, affectionate and bonded Will and Zoey are -- not only to their parents-- but also to their extended family – grandparents, uncles, cousins and vice versa, plus I enjoyed the baptism and how much it meant to Jen and Bill to be godparents. It was obvious to me that Will and Zoey feel loved by their whole family, and in turn were so caring and responsible for their little cousin, baby Nathan. I especially loved how they shushed everyone, including the camera crew, when the baby was sleeping.  And then there were so many hilarious quips from both Will and Zoey, and Zoey’s facial expressions, which were priceless. I will leave it to others to speculate about Bill and Jen’s parenting approach and the children’s developmental progress. To me it seems that in spite of early history and ongoing speech issues, both of the children are curious and observant and ask good questions. For instance, Will was wondering what the jellyfish might have been thinking (after he had thought about how he might cook and eat them, lol.); he thought they might be thinking: “get me out of here!” Makes sense to me.  One of my laugh-out-loud moments was this:

Bill, to kids: What do you like about Charlotte (meaning, Charlotte, N.C,) when they first arrived

Will: Who’s Charlotte?

Sometimes I just need a feel-good, laugh-out-loud moment, just as a diversion, corny as it may be. Don’t judge, okJ?

• Love 17
4 minutes ago, Veronique Bette said:

One of my laugh-out-loud moments was this:

Bill, to kids: What do you like about Charlotte (meaning, Charlotte, N.C,) when they first arrived

Sometimes I just need a feel-good, laugh-out-loud moment, just as a diversion, corny as it may be. Don’t judge, okJ?

That was DEFINITELY funny.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, AmyFarrahFowler said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Princess Zoey decides to only have furbabies as her babies some day. I think it would be awesome. You can truly see the love in her little face when she's with her pets.

She could become a veterinarian...well perhaps a small animal vet as she's too short to be delivering a calf or foal. Jen is a MD and would know the challenges and how to support her through the education needed. She just has so much more focus than Will. 

• Love 7

I wonder if Jen and Bill continue to do the show for Bill's self esteem. Dave is the one who put up the money for Rocky and Maggie's. I truly doubt that a little pet shop makes much of a dent in the Klein's income. At least with the TV show, substantial income is coming in, which Bill can say that he has an equal part in. I would bet my bottom dollar that the show is Jen's way to keep Bill happy, even though it's really not good for the kids.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, AZChristian said:

But they'd still stick to the carpet and/or pews.  I always thought that one of the Ten Commandments was, "Thou shalt only give thy children dry Cheerios in church."

I, too, cringed when Will kept touching the baby's head while Jen quietly explained why he shouldn't.  Sometimes, a firm "do not do that" is required - as in the case of potential physical harm.  

I have never watched a full episode of "Seven Little Johnstons," but saw the beginning of one after "The Little Couple" ended last night.  Their one son is in 5th grade, so I'm assuming he's about 10.  Will is 7.  The Johnston child (also adopted from Asia) was articulate and well-behaved.  He was verbalizing his fear of having a mouth mold done so he could get braces - full sentences, correct words, not just screaming "NO" and flailing all over the place.  There was one scene where he was wearing a welder's helmet and walked up to Trent and said, "Dad, I am your son" while imitating the voice of Darth Vader.  We were laughing out loud at our house.  

I am no professional, but I do think Will has something going on developmentally, and the lack of structure and discipline at home doesn't seem to be a good thing for him.  Grandma seemed annoyed with him while he was helping with the cake; I think she expected him to see and follow her example that you don't jam a candle halfway through the top of a cake.  I understood her frustration.  I was just glad that the cake wasn't the top of Baby Nathan's head.

Alex Johnston was adopted from Korea at maybe 6 months?  He was a baby baby.  Will was adopted at 2-3 years of age from an orphanage.  So I think that is why he is developmentally more behind than Alex.  Also while Alex is smart and articulate, he is a spoiled brat.  Lots of spunk/personality, but very spoiled.  Not his fault.  But in both cases it’s up to the parents to correct their child’s behavior if they are misbehaving

• Love 10

Forgot to add that I loved it when Will was passing out party hats to everyone, including the crew. I think he has a lot of potential; he just has to grow (and be directed) into it. He definitely seems to have a big heart.

• Love 14
14 hours ago, AmyFarrahFowler said:

Is Will mainstreamed (is that still the term?) at school?

I wouldn't be surprised if Princess Zoey decides to only have furbabies as her babies some day. I think it would be awesome. You can truly see the love in her little face when she's with her pets.

Zoey reminds me so much of myself when I was a kid - loved animals more than people. (Still do). When I was 9 I was visiting my aunt who also had a newborn grandson visiting. My aunt said to me "isn't he cute" as I was walking by. I stopped, looked, and said "I would rather have a cat". At 60 years of age now, I would still rather have a cat. Lol. That said, I think Will and particularly Zoey are adorable. I was glad that Bill clarified their ages as 4 and 6 at the taping of those scenes, as I think some were filmed quite awhile ago.  According to google, Will turned 7 this past Feb. and Zoey turned 6 a couple of weeks ago so I guess the upcoming episode was from a year ago when Zoey turned 5.  

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

She could become a veterinarian...well perhaps a small animal vet as she's too short to be delivering a calf or foal. Jen is a MD and would know the challenges and how to support her through the education needed. She just has so much more focus than Will. 

I think maybe it might be okay to give Will at least another week or two before we start defining his potential ability to focus to obtain the education necessary to practice a career.

Edited by Tikichick
Cleaned up sentence.
  • Love 15

I was only speaking to the notion that since Zoey loves animals, that perhaps a career involving them might be up her alley in the future. Children's interests change many times over the course of their young lives. I did not mention any career path for Will. Only that at this time he doesn't exhibit the focus that his little sister does. Right now he's an adorable crack up that seems to love joking and playing around with his Dad. 

• Love 2
20 hours ago, AZChristian said:

I also rewatched a little while ago.  It was definitely Zoey who piled up the sprinkles - and then dropped the sprinkle container onto the top of the cake.  It looked to me like Grandma was equal in her correction of both the kids' behavior.  She kept telling Zoey to be gentle in spreading the icing, and all she had to say to Will was "another scoop."  At one point, she repeated his name a couple of times and then said (a little louder) "William Klein."  It's the code of adulthood . . . when the full name comes out, the kid starts to pay closer attention.  LOL.

I also noticed that the whole time Jen was holding Nathan and talking to Will about the baby's soft spot, Grandma actually had her hand on Will's wrist.  She would have stopped any potential harm to the baby a lot faster than Jen's voice - which was doing nothing.

I think a lot of people would also be complaining if Jen and Bill screamed at their kids.  It must be hard to know how much disciple to give when the cameras are focused on you.  Jen, as an educator/physician does tend to make things a learning experience. Bill wants to be the goofball fun parent. My father was also like that.

19 hours ago, Veronique Bette said:

This was my favorite episode of the season thus far. I plain and simply enjoyed watching how loving, affectionate and bonded Will and Zoey are -- not only to their parents-- but also to their extended family – grandparents, uncles, cousins and vice versa, plus I enjoyed the baptism and how much it meant to Jen and Bill to be godparents. It was obvious to me that Will and Zoey feel loved by their whole family, and in turn were so caring and responsible for their little cousin, baby Nathan. I especially loved how they shushed everyone, including the camera crew, when the baby was sleeping.  And then there were so many hilarious quips from both Will and Zoey, and Zoey’s facial expressions, which were priceless. I will leave it to others to speculate about Bill and Jen’s parenting approach and the children’s developmental progress. To me it seems that in spite of early history and ongoing speech issues, both of the children are curious and observant and ask good questions. For instance, Will was wondering what the jellyfish might have been thinking (after he had thought about how he might cook and eat them, lol.); he thought they might be thinking: “get me out of here!” Makes sense to me.  One of my laugh-out-loud moments was this:

Word!

4 hours ago, Tikichick said:

I think maybe it might be okay to give Will at least another week or two before we start defining his potential ability to focus to obtain the education necessary to practice a career.

My 4 year old grandson does not have a lot of focus either.  However, he does better at preschool, according to his teachers.  I know Will is older, but being in that orphanage, having hearing issues, probably lead a lot to his developmental delays.  Also, he is probably in special therapy, but maybe they don't want to broadcast it to the world.  At his age, it might be detrimental for all his friends to find out and comment on it, even though he is young. We saw Zoey go to speech therapy, but she is younger and it's not that unusual for kids to go to speech anymore.  Give Will a few years and he will come out ok.

• Love 5

Zoey cracked me up this episode. I laughed so hard when she was trying to hold in her poop..lol When they asked her if she had had an accident and she said, "I don't feel an accident" a couple of times, I died laughing. Then saying she would try to hold it in, so funny! I could listen to her talk all day.

The cake scenes made me cringe. Will for sure should know by now that you don't lick a spoon and then spread frosting with it. Since Bill said more than once that he's made cakes with them and knows not to eat it after, shows to me that he has never taught either of them to not do that. I find Zoey to be a little more mature than Will and at 4 and should know not to do that too. I agree with the person though that said she was following Will through much of the cake baking. When he did it, she did it. Jen's mom told him not to do that after the first time and after the second time, she should've taken the bowl away.

I'm also with those that were bothered with Will rubbing Nathan's head over and over.  When she was explaining about the soft spot, she should've been removing his hand from his hand. Again, I think Jen talks to much when explaining stuff and loses Will's attention quickly.

He was cute though with how much he seemed to love Nathan. I liked watching him help make the bottle and how he just watched him drink it. Zoey was too funny with being so much more interested in the dogs than the baby..lol

It was a good episode overall, not so much running around and screaming and from what we saw, they were pretty well behaved in church, suckers and all..lol

• Love 2

I could watch an hour of just Zoey.  Those eyes are stunning and her quips are hilarious.  She's going to be a corker and I bet she'll never be bullied - I can see her giving better than what she gets.

• Love 7

I do think out of the two kids Zoey seems stronger, emotionally, like a little fighter.

Wasn't it Bill who had issues in college? Suicidal?  I hope Will can cope well; at least he has parents who will understand.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 3
20 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

But doesn't vet school require you to learn farm animals as well?  I know some vets have cats-only practices, so it's just getting through the training in large animals. 

• Love 2
52 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

But doesn't vet school require you to learn farm animals as well?  I know some vets have cats-only practices, so it's just getting through the training in large animals. 

Well, somehow Jen got through all of the types of medical training that are required to be a doctor.  If she wants to be a vet, I think Zoey will be a vet.

• Love 10

LOL. She said she doesnt like animals anymore because she is a princess!! I have  high hopes for her despite the lack of discipline at home. It is going to be interesting to see how her relationship changes with Will over the years.  She has an advantage over him being plucked from an orphanage younger than Will.   Will can hang out with Bill for the rest of his life and come up with goofy experiments oops i mean business ventures.

• Love 3
On 10/11/2017 at 5:33 PM, Veronique Bette said:

One of my laugh-out-loud moments was this:

I agree 100%... Especially after watching the train wreck that is Teen Mom.  I laughed/smiled/giggled several times during this episode. And it felt good. 

• Love 3

I don't think that there's any doubt at this point that Will is delayed. If Bill and Jen were really doing the show to educate us, I would think that they would discuss it in order to help people with delayed children. I think that the jig is up as far as them doing the show for selfless, educational reasons. They are either doing it so that Bill can feel like he contributes to the family income or just for money alone.

• Love 6

I don't think that there's any doubt at this point that Will is delayed.

I agree that he appears to be behind most kids his age, however at this point there is no way to tell if it is a temporary or permanent situation.  I'm sure Bill and Jen are doing whatever is necessary to help him.  (Although a little discipline would probably help.)

• Love 7