Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E15: Love You, Mean It

nikita
  • Start Topic

15 minutes ago, mrsh said:

I'm not picking on you by any means but this made me chuckle a little. When I got married and before I had kids, I said the same thing and for the most part was able to do a decent job of it. Then my youngest was born and everything changed, ky house is a mess, clean, but not a magazine spread by any means. He is 20 months now and is a high maintenance kid, so he needs to be close to me at all times and I can only take so much screaming so I choose to spend time with him versus cleaning. I think Chelsea may be priorotizing her time with her kids over organizing and cleaning as well. Mind you, if I made the money she does I would hire a cleaning lady and maybe get my house professionally organized. I'd like to have a beautiful home, but for now it will have to wait. Also, I think it would be awful if Cole thought Chelsea wasn't pulling her weight by cleaning. He seems like an understanding guy and I think he is happy to have her stay home with baby Watson, instead of shipping him off to daycare like Jenelle does to her kids.

I think you do have a good point, as I remember my mom doing a great job of cooking and cleaning when I was older...obviously I can recall those times, and everyone in the house was 10+ for my clearest memories. I'm sure if being really clean and cooking great meals is your intention, you will be able to do it easier when your kids are older. Plenty of families even have two working parents, older kids, good meals, and a clean house. I definitely understand Chelsea having a baby, but she is lazy and didn't do any of that before the baby ether. I remember in that scene where she and Aubree were talking about Aubree marrying a coley one day, the stairs behind them looked like a death trap! Her laziness just irritates me, as well as her attitude that she doesn't have to lift a finger. Leah has this attitude as well, but her organizational skills are way worse, so she is a straight up hoarder! I don't see why it's acceptable to criticize Leah for not doing laundry, for instance, but not Chelsea's crap all over the floor (I do think Leah's overall situation is worse, and I like Chelsea better than her, but she gets criticized for every little thing). 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, toodywoody said:

OMG, everyone has to have those and I hate both. Most granite to me is too gaudy and ugly as hell. And I have a stainless steel sink and hate it. My sister had stainless steel appliances and hated them because they showed everything.

I use to watch HH all the time and when people would say that it would irritate the hell out of me. They would automatically not want the house because of the freaking appliances, when they can buy whatever they want later or when they move in, but are making a big deal out of it. OR they make a huge deal out of an enormous master bedroom that just isn't big enough or that could fit their furniture. Like what do these people have in their fucking rooms? An elephant family?

YES - and with the stainless steel, you have to clean everything TWICE!  Once to clean it (with pine sol or whatever) and once to polish it (with the stupid stainless steel polisher)!  Even my stupid garbage can is stainless steel, and it was super expensive so I am not just going to toss it.  By the way, I just recently found out you can use wood polisher on stainless steel, and it looks better, just fyi.  I am never getting stainless steel again, at least not on purpose.  

Ha - I know, right, what do you need a big bedroom for?  I use my bedroom to sleep and sometimes watch tv.  I have a big bedroom now and all I have done is filled it with more useless furniture I never sit on.  A big closet, yes!  A big room, who cares?  I would prefer the space to be given to a living room.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Mr. Minor said:

Sweet little Chelsea is damn lucky she didn't get knocked up by Adumb a second time. Remember when her diaphragm "fell out"?

These girls have more "accidental" birth control malfunctions than every other woman in the U.S. combined.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, toodywoody said:

OR they make a huge deal out of an enormous master bedroom that just isn't big enough or that could fit their furniture. Like what do these people have in their fucking rooms? An elephant family?

Or when the living area "isn't large enough for entertaining." Like what the hell, are these couples hosting State Dinners on a weekly basis or something? 

I know it's all fake and producer-driven, but goddamn, it makes me stabby.

• Love 13
2 hours ago, Uncle JUICE said:

We can't move in here...I don't like the color of the walls in this room. There's no solution for that problem. 

I want to scream when I watch those shows. Is it mandatory that they say "open concept" and "room for entertaining" at least 5 times? I wouldn't make it on that show.  "Yea, I need about 1000 acres and a moat with alligators in it so that no one comes to visit.  We will not be entertaining!"

Edited by Mkay
  • Love 15
9 minutes ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

PREACH.

Seriously, if the major "controversy" surrounding Chelsea is whether or not her house is a little bit cluttered/cleaned depending on our different tastes in housekeeping, Chelsea is still beating the other TM2 girls by several miles..... 

On that note, if Chelsea's upper middle class background is held against in terms of her cleaning capabilities, what are Leah and Kail's excuses then? Neither of them grew up in the lap of luxury, yet both are messy and lazy when it comes to house work. If anything I would expect less laziness out of two people who grew up working class, but they are both spoiled and entitled. It seems excepted that they are huge slobs but Chelsea isn't allowed to be a little slobish? 

I didn't add Jenelle because, outside of her heroin years, I never noticed a mess in her homes. No doubt due to her soulmates and hangers on, but still.

• Love 7

OMG David is scary. I don't doubt he beat the sh*t out of her after the camera crew left when the producer was asking them about their fight. I know Nathan is no prize of a parent but how can he not fight for custody of Kaiser knowing that David is probably abusing him too? At least we know Nathan's mom is a good person so if he were to end up with Nathan most likely it would be his mother taking care of him. No wonder Jace wants to stay with Barb. I think Janelle is so obsessed with having someone she is blinded by what others are seeing. Very sad for everyone involved.

• Love 6

Also I am so upset about Kaiser I hope someone does something. I see that Janelle turned off comments on her Instagram because she probably didn't want people telling her how much of an idiot she is for staying with David and subjecting her children to abuse. Ughhhh.... I really hope someone intervenes for the sake of these children.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

PREACH.

Seriously, if the major "controversy" surrounding Chelsea is whether or not her house is a little bit cluttered/cleaned depending on our different tastes in housekeeping, Chelsea is still beating the other TM2 girls by several miles..... 

AND the OG ones too...

• Love 2
59 minutes ago, JuliesMommy said:

AND the OG ones too...

Have you ever thought of how you would rank the Teen Mom OG adn Teen Mom 2 girls if you had to put them in order by who has their stuff together the best?  I think it's clear that Chelsea would likely be first.  Maybe Maci would be second?  I don't know.  Might be easier to work from the bottom.  I'd definitely say Jenelle is probably worst off with Amber being just slightly above her.  For the most part, though, there are major parts of almost all of the girls' lives that are just train wrecks.  

• Love 5

My kids are 7 and 9 and they have a bunch of chores to do and I hate a mess. I still find myself shoveling during a blizzard sometimes... it’s just life with kids. 

I have been both a SAH and working mom and there was always a scratch cooked meal on the table for dinner bcs I make it a priority. My dog is always walked twice a day. I run 40 miles a week. But right now there are hundreds of bulbs to be planted in my garage and the leaves keep falling as fast as we can scoop them up. 

Honestly I like that Aubree has been shown swiffering and helping her mom. I just think of poor Maryssa and Endtable... rough times ahead for them. 

As bad as the photo shoot scene was what really scared me was the gaslighting with Kristen the producer. Jenelle with that blank look, crazy Dave and his sunglasses storming out. Kristen knows everything wasn’t fine because she was standing outside when he threatened to call the cops. I admit when she deleted the Twitter I thought maybe it was all made up drama but then I watched that scene. Crazy. Those poor kids. 

What kind of mother does Maryssa have where Jenelle and Dave are a better alternative? 

• Love 12
11 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Have you ever thought of how you would rank the Teen Mom OG adn Teen Mom 2 girls if you had to put them in order by who has their stuff together the best?  I think it's clear that Chelsea would likely be first.  Maybe Maci would be second?  I don't know.  Might be easier to work from the bottom.  I'd definitely say Jenelle is probably worst off with Amber being just slightly above her.  For the most part, though, there are major parts of almost all of the girls' lives that are just train wrecks.  

Chelsea

Maci

Farrah

Leah

Kail

Cate

Amber

Jenelle

(I'm leaving Briana off because I'm a stubborn brat about her addition this show.)

• Love 7
13 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Chelsea

Maci

Farrah

Kail

Leah

Cate

Amber

Jenelle

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

This would be my order (best to worst):

1. Chelsea

2. Maci

3. Farrah (although she is vile she at least is generating her own income)

4. Kailyn

5. Caitlyn

6. Leah

7. Briana

8. Amber

9. Jenelle

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Uncle JUICE said:

We can't move in here...I don't like the color of the walls in this room. There's no solution for that problem. 

I know, I have never understood that. And I give the TV a look, like WTF, it is paint. OR they rag on the carpet, pull it up and change it. I can see not wanting carpet, but if you have the money to take it up or can do it at a later date and really love the house and you don't like the carpet or the paint then it isn't that bad. Appliances, floors and wall coloring can be changed.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Mkay said:

I want to scream when I watch those shows. Is it mandatory that they say "open concept" and "room for entertaining" at least 5 times? I wouldn't make it on that show.  "Yea, I need about 1000 acres and a moat with alligators in it so that no one comes to visit.  We will not be entertaining!"

OMG, this is so me. Personally, I don't want to clean the house for judgmental people coming into my house. It isn't like my home is trashed but I just, no, hell no. I work two jobs, I don't want to entertain anyone but my dog and cat, plus people piss me off, so I don't want to be around anyone but my family and a few friends who don't need entertaining.

Here is my ranking:

Chelsea

Maci

Leah (only because she is doing better this season)

Kail (only because she does love her kids)

Farrah 

Brianna (if this girl would get away for the Coven and stop sleeping with dudes at clubs, maybe just maybe she would be a better mother and away from the bs of her mom and sister)

Cate

Amber

Jenelle

Edited by toodywoody
my list
  • Love 3
33 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Absolutely!! I think for me from top to bottom (best to worst) would be like this.

1. Chelsea

2. Maci

3. Kail

4. Farrah

5. Catelynn

6. Leah

7. Brianna

8. Amber

9. Jenelle 

*although jenelle and amber are in SUCH a close tie...lol

• Love 2
5 hours ago, HeySandyStrange said:

On that note, if Chelsea's upper middle class background is held against in terms of her cleaning capabilities, what are Leah and Kail's excuses then? Neither of them grew up in the lap of luxury, yet both are messy and lazy when it comes to house work. If anything I would expect less laziness out of two people who grew up working class, but they are both spoiled and entitled. It seems excepted that they are huge slobs but Chelsea isn't allowed to be a little slobish? 

Kail and Leah are not excepted. We continuously slam them over their messy homes and lives. 

To me, Chelsea seems untouchable because many fans take offense by negative comments made about her.

• Love 7
45 minutes ago, Blissfool said:

Kail and Leah are not excepted. We continuously slam them over their messy homes and lives. 

To me, Chelsea seems untouchable because many fans take offense by negative comments made about her.

I'm by no means a Chelsea apologist, but I don't really see too much that is over the top negative about her. She not particularly bright, witty, or ambitious, but neither are the other girls for the most part. She was spoiled and coddled, but pretty much all of them except Kail were spoiled and they all are 10x more entitled then she has been, for the most part. She keeps a moderately messy home, but she hasn't brought drugs, dicks, and abuse around Aubree. She spends time with and nurtures her children in a real way that I have hardly seen from the others.

Don't get me wrong, I do think that Chelsea's image benefits a lot from sharing a screen with the trashy triangle of Leah, Jenelle, and Kail. Those three definitely make her look like a saint. I think she is pretty average and even basic, but there isn't that much that is offensive about her. So I just can't pick her apart over a messy home.

Edited by HeySandyStrange
  • Love 18

Honestly I like that Aubree has been shown swiffering and helping her mom. I just think of poor Maryssa and Endtable... rough times ahead for them. 

Aubree looked so cute when she was cleaning. She really seemed to want to help around the house. I would love for Maryssa to see how life is like in an ordinary home, even one that is cluttered here and there. I recall a relative telling me it was okay to play with the toys in her home. This was back when I was 8 years old. I told her I didn't want to make a mess. She said, "It's a home, not a museum." 

I'd love to add Katie from TM3, and of course, Vee, CofCinci. 

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 12
16 minutes ago, HeySandyStrange said:

I'm by no means a Chelsea apologist, but I don't really see too much that is over the top negative about her. She not particularly bright, witty, or ambitious, but neither are the other girls for the most part. She was spoiled and coddled, but pretty much all of them except Kail were spoiled and they all are 10x more entitled then she has been, for the most part. She keeps a moderately messy home, but she hasn't brought drugs, dicks, and abuse around Aubree. She spends time with and nurtures her children in a real way that I have hardly seen from the others.

Don't get me wrong, I do think that Chelsea's image benefits a lot from sharing a screen with the trashy triangle of Leah, Jenelle, and Kail. Those three definitely make her look like a saint. I think she is pretty average and even basic, but there isn't that much that is offensive about her. So I just can't pick her apart over a messy home.

I was just responding to your statement that Leah and Kail aren't picked on for being slobs, when in actuality they are. More so than Chelsea.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Or when the living area "isn't large enough for entertaining." Like what the hell, are these couples hosting State Dinners on a weekly basis or something? 

I know it's all fake and producer-driven, but goddamn, it makes me stabby.

It is fake. The producers practically give them a script to read and follow. They want them to say all those things on camera. 

6 hours ago, Lusterleaf said:

Also I am so upset about Kaiser I hope someone does something. I see that Janelle turned off comments on her Instagram because she probably didn't want people telling her how much of an idiot she is for staying with David and subjecting her children to abuse. Ughhhh.... I really hope someone intervenes for the sake of these children.

David is the one who turned off the comments. My money is on that is what happened. He is behind her Twitter also being deactivated. He is one controlling asshole. Many of us called it way back. Jenelle may be an abusive asshole, but David does have her isolated and away from the world. Their house is surrounded by gators, snakes, poisonous spiders, who knows what else. *shudder*

• Love 9
2 hours ago, CofCinci said:

Maci drank while pregnant. With these dirtbags that secures her the second best mother slot. 

After Chelsea, the best mothers are Kristina and Miranda.  The rest are twits  

Yes! Kristina, Miranda, and Vee all win. 

I just can't stop thinking about Maryssa still, and how at 8 years old, her parent/guardian situation has been all over the place, and as if that wasn't enough, she now has cameras everywhere, in her home and whenever she's in the car. How irresponsible of David to sign off on that. Kristina's baby daddy got it right when he said no to their daughter being on camera. It's cute when they're little kids and you get to kind of see them grow up, but shoving an 8, 9, or 10 year old in the spotlight in this context is not right. It's confusing AF to the kids, not to mention there are creepy people out in the world and for the most part, all of these people seem to be living in small towns where it would not be difficult to track them down. I mean, Adam sucks, but at least he had the sense to be like 'enough is enough' with the show.

And furthermore, I know it's been mentioned on here before -- it came up a lot on the last episode that had Ali's doctor visits, but it's becoming inappropriate for all of these kids to be on this show, really. At this point, they'd be doing all of these kids a favor by pulling the plug and doing a once a year special, where they actually focus on whatever good things are going on in these peoples' lives. And no more follow-ups with Dr. Drew. 

A lot of these kids already have pieces of shit for parents, the least MTV can do is stop filming before they hit puberty, FFS. I know the moms want the money, but surely they can figure something out that doesn't involve their kids. 

I am curious to see how Amber does without Matt. Leah is so sweet and smart, and I hope for her sake Amber can get it together. I don't think Amber is a lost cause yet, she's just been enabled for too long. 

It's just funny to me how this show started off looking at young moms and what a struggle it was for them. Then we got the first few seasons, and, okay, clearly they're not doing too bad financially with the show appearances, but it's still fun to watch them and the kids, and see them making big life decisions. Now it's like...WTF did I just watch? Find something new and interesting, MTV. Give these kids a break.

• Love 12
6 minutes ago, MoonMountain said:

I am curious to see how Amber does without Matt. Leah is so sweet and smart, and I hope for her sake Amber can get it together. I don't think Amber is a lost cause yet, she's just been enabled for too long. 

David has Maryssa on the show because it fills his wallet with more money. He is pimping out his kids. 

Amber is already in the arms of another man. She didn't have a cooling off period. 

• Love 9
On 10/12/2017 at 0:50 PM, guilfoyleatpp said:

I mean, if he wanders by...it's not like anyone would be looking for him for several hours anyway...

I just want to love on him and give him a normal life without screaming. He seems so cheerful as a default, I think he has a shot at being normal.  I would love to see better opportunity for him.

I would take the little roll now. He would still have a chance at a normal life. He's such a sweet ignored kid.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

Amber is already in the arms of another man. She didn't have a cooling off period. 

With all the medication she takes, I'd be surprised if she can ever warm up.  But yeah, she can't be without a man.  

5 minutes ago, Quilty said:

He's such a sweet ignored kid.

I find his temper tantrums really scary.  

5 hours ago, Booger666 said:

Chelsea

Maci

Leah

Amber, Farrah, Kail, Cate (bc either woefully negligent or emotionally abusive)

Janelle (physically and emotionally abusive)

I would agree with this list except that Leah/Corey engage in serious neglect by not taking care of Ali's disability properly. That is just one grievance but it is a  very, very serious one IMO.

By the same token, it's confusing because what are we really rating here? Kailyn WITH her kids directly actually seems pretty good, but what she subjects them to and the messed up lives they have because of the 3 baby daddies and constant upheaval take a lot of that away. And I don't think Farrah is actually bad with Sophia at all. The thing she does do, though, is subject her to the fights with her mom, which we could consider emotionally abusive. And then Amber is terrible with her daughter, but at least she's not around all that much to mess her up since she's usually sleeping or lazing around on the couch with Latest Matt. Like...at least she's a deadbeat so the poor kid doesn't have to see her much. So I really don't know how I could rate these people as parents. The parameters of shitty parenthood levels would have to be clearer.

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

David has Maryssa on the show because it fills his wallet with more money. He is pimping out his kids. 

They all all pimping out and exploiting their kids.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

It is fake. The producers practically give them a script to read and follow. They want them to say all those things on camera. 

David is the one who turned off the comments. My money is on that is what happened. He is behind her Twitter also being deactivated. He is one controlling asshole. Many of us called it way back. Jenelle may be an abusive asshole, but David does have her isolated and away from the world. Their house is surrounded by gators, snakes, poisonous spiders, who knows what else. *shudder*

Yeah I’m sure he did. I also noticed on his own Instagram account he was deleting all negative comments and leaving positive ones. He’s not fooling anyone. 

Some other thoughts:

So I know that Nathan’s Mom has filed for emergency custody last month of kaiser and withdrew it, but now everyone on Nathan’s instagram is commenting about how he needs to go get his son from janelle and save him from her and David, I hope his mother puts in a new request for custody. 

Also I doubt janelle will discontinue filming because how else would she make any money?

• Love 4
13 hours ago, Lm2162 said:

I would agree with this list except that Leah/Corey engage in serious neglect by not taking care of Ali's disability properly. That is just one grievance but it is a  very, very serious one IMO.

By the same token, it's confusing because what are we really rating here? 

I know, right?   How f'ed up is it that in most situations the "bad" parent is the one who gives pop tarts instead of apple slices and has a 9p instead of 8p bedtime.  Here I had to think about the parent ignoring medical advice vs drives frequently without seat belt while on phone and 'stole' child from loving father and willing to do it again vs repeatedly leaves child for weeks on end with person they claim put them though severe abuse as a child and constant screaming at everyone vs always high and checked out.  The other issue I have with Farrah is her OCD house (interesting in light of our recent Chelsea discussion here) and inappropriate focus on appearance.  I believe Sophia is going to have some serious emotional damage from growing up with that.

• Love 8
16 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

I know someone who was on HH...it was all bs because they'd already selected and purchased their home before supposedly choosing it on the show. They were told they houses are usually already purchased and it's all "reenacted" to make a show. So I guess no wonder people make stupid comments on it, they're trying to act like houses they're definitely not buying are contenders and they're bad at acting because they're not actors.

My ranking would be:

Chelsea - no explanation needed

Maci - sadly, despite the drinking and stupid choices she's ranked this high bc of this crowd..

Farrah - she's willing to work hard, seems decent with her daughter despite her general unpleasant personality and she doesn't bring potentially dangerous and strange men around her daughter. I can't see her sitting on her (fake) ass when the show is over collecting gov assistance like many of the others...actually, most of them past this point in my list I can see sitting on their asses quite clearly..

Kailyn - lots of personal issues but her kids are the best so she must be doing something right in that respect. I appreciate she graduated college even if it might not be the most viable career. I'm on the fence with whether or not she will be fine on her own after the show ends but at least I think there's a glimmer of hope for her to be a "normal" person with a good job.

Briana - Nova is exposed to wayyyyyy too much. I don't want to rank someone who depends on mommy for everything this high but I guess tiny props for knowing you're useless alone and you need mommy. Nova isn't neglected but she hears so much she should not. 

Catelynn - it was kind of a toss up of where to put her and Briana but Catelynn's Nova is far more neglected and she has Tyler to help! Catelynn also loses points for leaving Nova with felons and addicts. 

Leah - she does seem a little better but I can't help think she's just better at covering herself. Her sister is clearly still using... She hasn't admitted to her real problems. She feeds her kids 100% crap. She's only interested in supposed "get rich quit schemes" and things that require minimal effort. Her medical neglect of Ali is inexcusable.

Amber and Jenelle - I can't really choose a loser right now because we haven't even seen Amber's "new man" in action. They both abandon their kids until the time comes to parade them out for social media. Theyve both choosen guys and drugs over their children and expose their kids to dangerous people because of it. They feed their kids crap and neglect them when they do have them - Leah is left with Netflix and Jenelle's kids are left with video games. There's so much more but you all know. Jenelle is a sociopath but I've never thought Amber was - who does that make worse? 

Edited by Rebecca
To add ranking
  • Love 6

Yep.  I googled it once to see if anyone told what it was like. You have to have already signed on a house before you can be on the show. I’d still refuse to say “room

for entertaining” and Open concept.  

• Love 3
4 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

They all all pimping out and exploiting their kids.

My point was, that is the only reason he wants her in his custody. If not for the show, she'd be with someone else.  

15 minutes ago, Rebecca said:

I know someone who was on HH...it was all bs because they'd already selected and purchased their home before supposedly choosing it on the show. They were told they houses are usually already purchased and it's all "reenacted" to make a show. 

Yep. I read about this years ago. 

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 2
23 minutes ago, Rebecca said:

Kailyn - lots of personal issues but her kids are the best so she must be doing something right in that respect. I appreciate she graduated college even if it might not be the most viable career. I'm on the fence with whether or not she will be fine on her own after the show ends but at least I think there's a glimmer of hope for her to be a "normal" person with a good job.

Javi’s parents are the reason her children do well. I wouldn’t be surprised if they are watching the baby now while she’s on another vacation. 

• Love 9
1 minute ago, CofCinci said:

Javi’s parents are the reason her children do well. I wouldn’t be surprised if they are watching the baby now while she’s on another vacation. 

I'm sure they're a factor. Do we know they still watch Isaac?

Edited by Rebecca

I appreciate she graduated college even if it might not be the most viable career.

We don't even know if she did in fact graduate. She went through the motions, as many people do when they still have credits to complete. She has yet to flash her actual degree on social media. 

1 minute ago, Rebecca said:

I'm sure they're a factor. Do we know they still watch Isaac?

I would assume the Marroquins are there for Isaac. He was referring to them as his grandparents. I think Javi said that one time. 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

We don't even know if she did in fact graduate. She went through the motions, as many people do when they still have credits to complete. She has yet to flash her actual degree on social media. 

I would assume the Marroquins are there for Isaac. He was referring to them as his grandparents. I think Javi said that one time. 

Either way, I give her credit for going to school when the others are not. I was more wondering if Kailyn would "let them" be involved, not saying they'd drop Isaac. I don't think I've seen enough of them to judge them as people, though.

Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Rebecca said:

Either way, I give her credit for going to school when the others are not. I was more wondering if Kailyn would "let them" be involved, not saying they'd drop Isaac. I don't think I've seen enough of them to judge them as people, though.

Jenelle went to school. 

To me, people can go to school. They don't always use that education. Kail going to school and then purposely getting knocked up with a trap baby sounds like she was doing what Jenelle did when she graduated from her tech school. Jenelle blamed her mysterious illnesses and then suddenly, she is pregnant.  Kail is pregnant and she has an excuse to not follow through with her plan. People remind her that plenty of women have babies and have careers. She then spouts on television how there is no work in her area. Kail always has an excuse. 

• Love 6

So one thing that has struck me looking at people’s ranking off the moms is the weird lack of ambition or curiosity about the outside world. I actually like that Kail (fucking bitch that she may be) is willing to do things and go places. She has attended a university and since I don’t know either way I’ll go with graduated. She has moved to a different state without a lot of fuss (other then ignoring a court order. I’m not saying she’s not the worst). Even the fact that her “career goal” is somewhat silly doesn’t get to me as much as it bothers some. Being a TV Host seems very much like a pie in the sky 25 years old career goal. The rest of them want to be moms (or wives to be more accurate in some cases) and that’s it. And no shade, being a full time parent is a solid life choice if you can make it work, but it’s odd to me in this day and age to find so many young women who don’t care about the world outside their front door. They were all given a financial windfall and chose to stay put. Again, in some circumstances that’s a good call, I just think it’s strange how many of the TM for both seasons make that call. Brianna still lives with her mom! All of them but Kail and Farrah still live in their home towns. Nobody moved to LA to be an actress or anything. They all just stayed put. 

• Love 11
On 10/13/2017 at 11:56 AM, heatherchandler said:

YES - and with the stainless steel, you have to clean everything TWICE!  Once to clean it (with pine sol or whatever) and once to polish it (with the stupid stainless steel polisher)!  Even my stupid garbage can is stainless steel, and it was super expensive so I am not just going to toss it.  By the way, I just recently found out you can use wood polisher on stainless steel, and it looks better, just fyi.  I am never getting stainless steel again, at least not on purpose.  

Ha - I know, right, what do you need a big bedroom for?  I use my bedroom to sleep and sometimes watch tv.  I have a big bedroom now and all I have done is filled it with more useless furniture I never sit on.  A big closet, yes!  A big room, who cares?  I would prefer the space to be given to a living room.

Really?? ?

I'm in the middle of staging my house for pictures for our realtor and I was trying to find a good way of making our stainless steel appliances look better in the photos. Thanks for the tip!

FYI, I wish I didn't get all stainless still either, which is why we are happy to roll the brand new (6 months old) appliances in the sale of the home.

Any tips on cleaning a glass top oven? Lol. I will never again buy one.

Back to the show. I don't think Chelsea's house is filthy at all, however I'm just confused on why these girls and their significant others don't take the time out to make the home look great for ONLY 1-2 weeks of filming. Lol. 

I love having my home looked lived in but if I were getting paid 300k for camera people to be in my house for 1-2 weeks I will do my best to have it looking the best it's ever looked. But that's just me. I don't care if people have clutter, as long as it's not DIRTY with old food and cat poop (Nova's bedroom) and dirty tampons lying around (Leah TM2) then enjoy your cluttered home.

• Love 8
10 minutes ago, FozzyBear said:

So one thing that has struck me looking at people’s ranking off the moms is the weird lack of ambition or curiosity about the outside world. I actually like that Kail (fucking bitch that she may be) is willing to do things and go places. She has attended a university and since I don’t know either way I’ll go with graduated. She has moved to a different state without a lot of fuss (other then ignoring a court order. I’m not saying she’s not the worst). Even the fact that her “career goal” is somewhat silly doesn’t get to me as much as it bothers some. Being a TV Host seems very much like a pie in the sky 25 years old career goal. The rest of them want to be moms (or wives to be more accurate in some cases) and that’s it. And no shade, being a full time parent is a solid life choice if you can make it work, but it’s odd to me in this day and age to find so many young women who don’t care about the world outside their front door. They were all given a financial windfall and chose to stay put. Again, in some circumstances that’s a good call, I just think it’s strange how many of the TM for both seasons make that call. Brianna still lives with her mom! All of them but Kail and Farrah still live in their home towns. Nobody moved to LA to be an actress or anything. They all just stayed put. 

This might be a somewhat unpopular opinion but I agree 100% with this. Kailyn might only care about the outside world for the undeserved props it can give her and Farrah might really only be interested in the $ but I don't get how out of both sets of TM girls there is no one with an actual career except for Farrah, who owns several businesses. And most fans hate her the most! Cate talked big about her future career, Leah has pie in the sky dreams and Jenelle was going to 'save lives' and not one of them seems to have *any* curiosity, intellectually or otherwise. Kailyn claims to have hustle but I haven't really seen it. Where is the ambition, the drive, the interest in books or people or culture or the world? A few years back I would have DIED at the opportunity to have enough money to get whatever degrees I liked and traveled anywhere. It kills me to think of the number of graduate degrees, charities, books, experiences, small businesses, creative activities, private schools, after-school activities, DIY home projects, and/or entrepreneurial ventures these people's $ could have funded for themselves or their children. Instead they buy pets and cars, pay for expensive weddings/baby showers/engagement parties/photo shoots, and get pregnant over and over. BORING.

They could buy cameras for themselves and learn to take interesting photos instead of hiring so many people to take the photo shoots; they could do ANYTHING they liked. I just think of all of my friends from undergrad who had GoFundMes or applied to multiple grants or had summer jobs to save up for volunteer experiences, summer school, travel, master's degrees, etc. They would have killed to be on MTV broadcasting their drama for a few weeks per year and be able to use their money for amazing opportunities. Instead, there are pigs, dogs, lawyer's fees, and shitty T-shirt companies.

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 11
17 minutes ago, Lm2162 said:

I wouldn't necessarily put Amber above Jenelle. She is scary, scary violent. I think she might even be *more* uncontrollably violent than Jenelle. 

IMO, Amber is worst than Jenelle. Amber has violently attacked her child's father. Tried to attack both Farrah and Simon. Threatens bodily harm to people that disagree with her. Never parented Leah. Chose men over visits with Leah. Never cleans her home. Constantly screams at people or tries to intimidate them.

Amber is always saying how she wants to open up rehab facilities and that's partial reason why she started beforeverhautenomore for the proceeds but I don't believe one stinkin' word of it. I wonder if someone has asked if any of her earnings from her boutique has gone towards a separate account for saving towards those rehabs??

Amber and Jenelle are creepishly similiar (even though Amber thinks she's sooooo much better and classier than Jenelle) but Amber's the one to quickly resort to violence. Jenelle's more of the socio path that enjoys manipulating people to fight her battles for her.

Actually, I'm not sure who is worst because they both are people you can't trust, awful mothers, abandoned their kids so they could get high. They both have resorted to physical attacks.

I think I just confused myself lol. Um, I still think Amber is worst.

Edited by Calm81
  • Love 4

I never cared for ranking these people although, I think I did make a list at least once or twice over the seasons. To me, it is a moot point as more and more happens over these seasons that make me realize that overall most of the Teen Moms are damaged goods to the point I don't see them ever making personal changes.

I will point out that Jenelle and Kail have way too many similarities. I made a list and it was long. These two really stand out to me as never being able to change mainly because they are mentally in need of help that I don't think they will ever seek. They don't see themselves that way. They think all their problems and all the things that happen to them are due to external forces, not internal.

As much as she claims to have hustle, Kail doesn't come off that way to me. She has a massive ego and is impulsive. She will try a podcast job because, why not? She is after all, a famous tv reality star.  She will try a communications career only because, as she said a few episodes back, she thought she had her foot in the door with her 8 seasons of Teen Mom behind her. She clearly believes she is higher up on the totem pole, I think that is how she worded it. Kail chose a goal based on her assumption that she was someone who didn't need to hustle. She didn't need to go seek a job. She thought it would be handed to her. She may have thought MTV was going to give her the green light to start working for them and start working on projects for new tv shows.  The girl couldn't even hustle to get decent grades. Barely passing? Hardly the actions of someone who truly has aspirations. Kail just wants to flaunt that degree and expects to have some company hand her a job.

Even the fact that her “career goal” is somewhat silly doesn’t get to me as much as it bothers some.

Her career goal doesn't bother me. I don't think she has any career goals, period. I think that is what people snark at with regards to Kail. I truly don't see it as it bothering anyone. The only thing these moms and dads do that is truly bothersome is the dysfunctional lives they lead and the child abuse.

• Love 2