Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E11: Warrior Fashion

Drogo
  • Start Topic

On ‎10‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 8:09 PM, Tabbygirl521 said:

I normally wear my hair quite short but even so, I too found it liberating to be hairless after chemo - much to my shock! What I did hate, though, was losing my brows and eyelashes. Having a bald head can be a choice, but no eyebrows and lashes made me look ill. This was ironic because I actually felt pretty good - I tolerated chemo pretty well. 

I definitely would not have been into wearing a baby bonnet or any of the other "looks" that loaded up the wearer with layers, straps, constricting parts. I needed to feel as unencumbered as possible. And I am never into any "empowerment" look that relies on emphasizing breasts, especially now that I have to strap a pillow onto my chest each day (I am not a good reconstruction candidate).i will go with jeans and boots, as some said upthread. 

THIS is empowerment, to me:

http://www.bbc.com/news/av/health-41684252/henna-crowns-hair-for-cancer-patient

I wanted to post this several days ago, but I'm in New England and we lost power for a few days after the storm on Sunday. Better late than never!

Oh, and regarding the discussion of Project Runway designers who have been successful in their field - what about Austin Scarlett? He shows at Bridal Fashion Week every year, and is quite successful!

Edited by TwirlyGirly
Added .02 to discussion of successful designers
  • Love 3

Kenya deserved to win. Brandon´s designs, especially this one, make me want to throw up. My favorites are Kentaro and Margarita, even though I don´t especially like any of their designs. This is a horrible season, horrible, the worst even.

On 10/27/2017 at 5:24 AM, Sera Berlin said:

Reveal hidden contents

BUT when u go to the Fashion Week thread - u'll see Project Runway has decided to sent 5 designers + 1 mishmash collection of all designers this year to New York Fashion Week - so they have to carry Margarita through, also next week..

Also the secret winner of this season is in my eyes model MEISHA - week after week the designer who got her won - so often that I don't even remember the last winner look that she didn't walk down the runway - so there u see how much of a difference a good model can make - it can be everything... to be honest I think that's why Kentaro was so weak this week, his asthetics dont work with plus size models (same goes for Brandon imo) - Liris is a super strong model, u dont forget her outfit, she made some looks stand out this season but Jasmin was in the bottom quite regularly, more than not designers got eliminated when they had her - I think that is not fair for the designers who have weaker models, they should have all equal chances to show off their best work. so models in different sizes: yes! but only if every designer works on same size and they have equal chances every week.

Yes! I love Meisha - I think she has looked stunning every week. I may be among the very (very) few who like having to hear what the models have to say.

On 10/30/2017 at 6:51 AM, mmmbutteey said:

All this talk about preferential treatment in previous seasons and what we now know about Harvey Weinstein make me seriously wonder how much he potentially influenced Anya's win?  

Umm, I'm a little behind in episodes, should this not have been a spoiler or at least in hidden content????