Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E11: Warrior Fashion

Drogo
  • Start Topic

Kentaro - Monsignor Warrior

2 minutes ago, chitowngirl said:

I am amused that PR couldn't get a hair sponsor. Seriously. There is a whole row of products in my grocery store and none wanted to be featured on PR!

I've been ragging on their weak sales/marketing team for a while.  Dixie Cups?  Really?

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 12
8 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I would like to hire someone to "take care of" whomever it was that thought the ad for Lifetime's Christmas programming was a good idea.

That was painful.  Right up there with the Multitasking Mama commercial, compliments of Avon.

• Love 16
1 minute ago, mwell345 said:

That was painful.  Right up there with the Multitasking Mama commercial, compliments of Avon.

Blech!

Maybe it's me, but I'm pretty sure that I've never known anyone who sold Avon as a self-sustaining enterprise.  Most all of them brought in a couple of dozen books and strewed them on tables in the breakroom.  But you go ahead on there multi-tasking mama.  ymmv

• Love 16

I don't get Brandon's looks, but for the most part I can at least somewhat understand the judges' love for his work because it IS different and interesting if not necessarily beautiful.  Last week's, where he had to step out of his pale colors and make something bright and bold, was probably my favorite look of his this season.

This week is just straight up fugnificence, and I fully resign myself to hearing the judges eat it up.

• Love 17
3 minutes ago, Bebecat said:

Ok, Kenya's turned out better than I thought anyway. Am over Liris though.

DO NOT LIKE Margarita's at all. Or her.

Eh to Brandon and Kentaro, they are kind of alike if Brandon used anything other than bleak pastels.

I am not crazy about PR using diseases as inspiration. It would be one thing if they had to design for mastectomy survivors maybe. I guess the warrior thing kind of bugs me as lots of women do not survive breast cancer, but does not mean they were less strong.  Maybe PR should stay in its lane or go back to its original model of a show...rather than Kenya needing to stay in hers. Anyway, jmo...obviously. 

Well said.  Agree on all of it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seriousy Nina Garcia?  Millennial pink?  Commence gushing.

Ugh

• Love 14

I don't see how Kentaro isn't getting the auf this week (and possibly the save).  His is the only look the judges seem to universally hate, and the second they're comparing him unfavorably to Brandon...

Ayana is my favorite designer left - she seems able to do it all, the editorial, the wacky, the beautiful, the commercial.  

• Love 13
1 minute ago, SpiralRadish said:

I've lurked on these forums for a while on several different shows.  Finally had to cave and make an account just to comment because the judges have pushed me to it.

If they're going to talk about copying, at least be consistent.  Earlier this season when the twins were copying their own designs, other people's designs, possibly even outside designs?  Oh, that's just "taking inspiration from each other?"  But at the possible thought that their precious Brandon's clothes could be similar to someone else's?  OUTRAGE. SCANDAL.  COPYING!

And not that it never seems to occur to them that Brandon could be the one pulling inspiration from Kentaro (as he's done the past few weeks).  Rolling my eyes so hard they might get stuck.

You're right.  It's mind numbing.

• Love 6

I wanted to like this challenge because they finally got to sort of show the judges who they are. I was underwhelmed. 

I thought Margarita was going to change her design, it still screamed Wonder Woman to me. 

Kenya's was nice but wasn't crazy about the petal-y shoulders. Loved the blue color. 

Brandon's was different. Straps, poopy pants, Baby Huey bonnet. Doesn't matter, the judges love him no matter what he does. And of course he wins.

Ayana's was different too. I liked it. 

Kentaro's was severe, too much black, and he went with the Brandon strappy look. And it was modest, like Ayana designed it. I wanted him to do better than this. 

And OMG Tim...NO!!!!!! He saves Margarita! Did he get hit in the head in the beginning by one of the boxers? 

Edited by Straycat80
  • Love 9

Yeah, kinda not that surprised when Tim was standing behind the judges saying "I LIKED it!" when they were criticizing Margarita's dress.  Oh well.  I'm pretty sure this is going to be a Ayana/Brandon/Kentaro final three.  Brandon and Ayana because of their unusual points of view, and Kentaro because I'm pretty sure the producers want the final two to be a dramatic showdown between Brandon and his season-long bro. 

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, SpiralRadish said:

Really, Tim?  REALLY?  I feel like he had to use the save since there's so few people left, though.  And you gotta get those emotional points for the ratings.

Didn't get to watch the ending.  Who was kicked off/got the save?

Edited by farmgal4
1 hour ago, Mindthinkr said:

Bravo? Here on the US East Coast it is being shown on Lifetime at 9 pm EST

Yup, I was talking about Canada!  

I do not think Margarita should have been saved.  The auf was perfect for me, because I like Kentaro and Margarita as a designer is all over the place.  I don't get it.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 12