Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E10: Driving Miss Unconventional

Drogo
  • Start Topic

10 minutes ago, cinsays said:

What were the judges thinking?  Kentaro is a sweetheart but that was an ugly mess, drab, unattractive, a mishmash of doodads and just horrible.  He should have been the loser and gotten Tim's save because of his past work.

I loved Ayana's top, thought it showed a lot of creativity and it was well tailored.  The bottom, not so much, but she didn't have much to work with.

I also loved Kenya's dress and, yes, it did have kind of an unusual shape, but so did Brandon's top and Margarita's alien breast covers.

I would love to see an Ayana, Kenya and Kentaro ending, but it looks like Brandon is a shoe-in.  He almost seems surprised to me that he is getting such praise from the judges.

And, golly, the guest judge......why did they get her?  Yeah, she likes blue and that's about it.  

I'm kind of surprised Heidi didn't rave about Michael's outfit - looks like something she'd wear.  She dresses ok on this show but out in the real world her sense of style is somewhat lacking (imo).

Heidi's red carpet style is mostly bad but her daily style while traveling, out with kids etc is good. 

First-glance wise, Kenya's looked the best. 

• Love 1

I liked Brandon's and pretty much have like everything he's done, but I agree he hasn't shown much range.  Did you notice how the cameraperson tried to get an angle up the back of her short skirt to see how much tootie was showing.  Classy.

Maybe Liris overheard Kentaro saying she had a lot of junk in the trunk (or bump in the junk or however he mangled that).  Hee.  Revenge.

Edited by backgroundnoise
  • Love 1

Such a stumble for Kentaro. Liris summed it up in her mirror TH: Pocahontas about to play football. With different styling it could have been okay. With that styling, SO appropriative. Cuddly Kentaro dodged a bullet because Michael's was so much worse. We seem to be headed for Brandon/Kentaro/Anaya in the finals, no? The winning look was very cool in the transformation of materials, especially in that meager time frame, however the hard hat bugged me. How much cooler if she had made the hard hat into a purse. 

• Love 4
10 hours ago, BabyVegas said:

I don't mind if the guest judges are either fashion professionals or at LEAST celebs who are noted for their style, but these third-tier whoevers who don't have anything useful to say should just be quiet.

Yes, the choice of guest judges seems increasingly tortured.  Last night’s Judge wasn’t even put together and that shirt she was wearing?!?!?!

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Desert Rat said:

Also, I believe Zac is gay, so I don't see anything sexual about his touching the garments on the women models during judging. 

I don't care if he's gay or straight, or a woman for that matter. I wouldn't want someone pawing my breast like this. I don't think he meant anything sexual by it, but it's just one of those "private parts" that people other than your partner shouldn't touch.

Screen Shot 2017-10-20 at 11.53.56 AM.jpg

Edited by dleighg
  • Love 11
16 minutes ago, PrincessSteel said:

Such a stumble for Kentaro. Liris summed it up in her mirror TH: Pocahontas about to play football. With different styling it could have been okay. With that styling, SO appropriative. Cuddly Kentaro dodged a bullet because Michael's was so much worse. We seem to be headed for Brandon/Kentaro/Anaya in the finals, no? The winning look was very cool in the transformation of materials, especially in that meager time frame, however the hard hat bugged me. How much cooler if she had made the hard hat into a purse. 

Guess I'm in the minority here but I thought the hard hat cocked at a jaunty angle on Ayana's model was adorable.

• Love 18
2 hours ago, Yokosmom said:

Yes!  Why haven't any of the judges or Tim ever mentioned THAT HE DOESN'T KNOW HOW TO MAKE ANYTHING BUT A CROP TOP?  Not to mention the ever present dangly bits. Sorry to shout, but I just don't understand it, and I actually like Brandon as a contestant.  Can he make a blouse?  A form fitted dress?  That said, major props for completely redesigning his outfit at the last minute.

I like him too, but this is what bugs me.  We constantly hear the judges telling contestants to step out of their comfort zone, not to design the same type of thing challenge after challenge.  I do believe Zac said something to Brandon early one, but since then....crickets, except for oohing and aahing.   And Heidi should quit with the "anonymous runway show".  If it the  model is tripping over straps, it's Brandon.  If  it's peplum, it's Kenya.  If there's  a head covering, it's Ayana, if the colors are muted, it's probably Kentaro.

• Love 11
18 minutes ago, dleighg said:

I don't care if he's gay or straight, or a woman for that matter. I wouldn't want someone pawing my breast like this. I don't think he meant anything sexual by it, but it's just one of those "private parts" that people other than your partner shouldn't touch.

Screen Shot 2017-10-20 at 11.53.56 AM.jpg

You're in the wrong profession if you don't want to be touched.  Of course there's appropriate and inappropriate touching, and this was clearly the former.  

• Love 18
33 minutes ago, PrincessSteel said:

Bold is mine.  I agree about Brandon and Kentaro, not sure about Anaya.  I think Kenya or Margaurite might slide in there.   The judges seem to like both of them.   And while Anaya has won two challenges, I'm not sure they are that impressed with her overall.  I would like to see a collection from her, though.

• Love 1

The judges must have seen a different Margarita dress than the one I saw, which was ridculous, hideous and unoriginal (Wonder Woman, anyone?).   And Margarita is getting on my last nerve with her operatic trilling during her th's.  Michael deservedly went home for that mess, which was as unoriginal as Margarita's.  Kentaro shouldn't have been dinged for using fire hoses if they are included in the materials the designers get to work with, but the look was just ugly enough to be sent home regardless of materials.  Ayana's definitely fit the challenge best and she deserved the win.  Not crazy about Kenya's sillouhette, but the use of the materials with painting made that a real standout of a black dress.  Brandon is Brandon and it's too bad he refuses to push himself, - I was underwhelmed by last night's look and puzzled by the judges drooling over it.  That said, I fully expect him to win the season because I'm sure his collection will look cohesive on the runway and he seems to be getting a complete pass for making the same look over and over.   All in all, meh.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Desert Rat said:

Also, I believe Zac is gay, so I don't see anything sexual about his touching the garments on the women models during judging. 

Being gay didn't stop Isaac Mizrahi from aggressively groping Scarlett Johansson on live TV. That being said, I'm not really bothered by Zac examining the garments even if it means he ends up touching covered breasts. This is an edited TV show. We don't know what happens behind the scenes. Zac could be asking the first time he does it. He could be asking every time and it's just being edited out. It could be something that is covered when the models are hired. I don't think we have enough information to assume the worst and I say this as someone who has been very vocal about sexual assault not only recently but for a long time now.

And further to the Kentaro firehose thing. If you don't let the designers go to Mood and you don't give them muslin, you can't ding a designer for creating something uncomfortable for a model to wear. Kentaro might have chosen to line that entire outfit if given the materials.

• Love 13

Zac Posen touching/feeling/tugging on the bra-lette to check for fit and construction = appropriate. Zac Posen grabbing the models boobs and going "honk honk! ah-ooga!" = inappropriate touching. JMO.

Brandon, too me, is like the restaurant you go to that does one thing but does it well. I like how is silhouette is androgynous yet weirdly feminine at the same time. I like the muted palette. He displays zero range, but I like what he does, and he has a strong aesthetic. I guess sometimes there is a fine line between having a strong aesthetic and being a one way monkey. I, personally, think he's the former. That said, it would be very nice to see how he could adapt his aesthetic to a *true* red carpet look (and not just the camp thing he did for Liris in E1) or bridal or professional wear. 

• Love 14
15 hours ago, vibeology said:

Liris selling out Kentaro was trash. Everyone must have been uncomfortable but she actually owned up to it. So unprofessional. I don't care that her walk is great, shenshould be selling the look the entire time.

Right, especially when you compare Liris with Margarita’s model, who helpfully pointed out that the blue in the shoulder pads was shaved helmet. That’s what you do - you sell the garment. Always.

• Love 19

When the show started, I realized that I don't dislike any of the remaining designers.  

I was SO worried for Kenya.  Not enough material, hates unconventional challenges, couldn't really beg, borrow or steal much from the others--she seemed completely paralyzed by the task at hand.  Then she ends up in the top.  Nice.  I love her personality.  She and Kentaro are too sweet for words.  And her dumping styrofoam packing peanuts out of her boobs during materials collection made me seriously LOL.  And talking to the seatbelts---they listened, Girl!

Kentaro being safe resulted in my biggest sigh of relief.  Shut up, Liris.

Margaritas.  Her model called it Wonder Woman.  Zach called it Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and I saw Power Ranger.  It was very superhero costumey.

I really LOVED Brandon's.  It was cute, flirty and looked nothing like the materials he used.  

I was really loving Ayana's until she added the caution tape and hard hat but I guess it worked for the judges.  I thought her having to glue the sleeve would get her dinged but that wasn't an issue at all.

That guest judge looked sickly and added nothing to the panel.

Bye, Michael.  You were a sweetheart who really excelled at fitting all sizes.  I expect to see big things (no pun intended!) from you.

• Love 8

The producers are surely egging the models on to speak up, for more supposed drama. God I hate reality TV. This one show had always been my one exception as it really worked and seemed real way back in the early seasons. So disappointing to watch it go down the same way America's Next Top Model did, which was creative ,and professionally done, at one time, believe it or not. Social Media and pop culture have a lot to answer for, imo. So many producers seem to have decided that highly stupid manufactured drama is the key to getting viewers.

• Love 12

I liked the guest judge, no idea who she is but she was funny, like she was high the entire time and instead of food, she had the munchies for clothes.

The judges are whackadoodledoo. I the past they have ALWAYS slammed designers for the wide hip thing, always reciting their mantra "no woman wants extra fabric poofing out at her hips..." and then they give Kenya a tongue bath over her wide hipped dress? WTF man? They are all soooo full of shit.

• Love 5

I don't understand why Tim was trying to admonish Kentaro to not use the fire hose since it is considered "fabric".  It's no different than Kenya using seat belts.  It was among the materials given to use, it wasn't purchased at MOOD, it wasn't muslin - sheesh!  I wasn't thrilled with what he did with it, but I thought it was perfectly acceptable to use.  A company here in Detroit makes purses and various tote bags out of woven seat belts - virtually indestructible!  And on my wish list!!!

• Love 9
10 hours ago, zoemom said:

Sadly, you're probably right Miss Ruth,  I wish they'd had a double elimination - he could take his BFF Margarita with him, as far as I'm concerned.  I wasn't impressed by her "knee pad" boob design - (sometimes I think those judges are on some kind of meds when they make their comments), I thought her design was ugly - and I'm sure those blue "shoulder pads" weren't comfortable to wear, but at least her model didn't whine about it (yes Lirius, I'm giving you the stink eye).

Luckily Margarita seems so impressed with herself it probably doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.  Now that the twins are not there to overshadow anyone with their personalities it has given her (and the editing people) their opportunity to stand out.  She has me screaming "SHUT UP" every time she has something to say.  I don't think she has produced anything on the show so far that stands out in a good way.  The chance of her winning this is so remote.  I look forward to her auffing. 

I didn't understand the praise given to Kenya's outfit .  Manipulating the straps into fabric by sewing them together wasn't particularly inventive, and I thought the dress was unnattractive and unflattering.  The model looked like she had to hobble somewhat also because of it being too tight around the knees to allow her to walk normally. Still, it didn't come as close to the bottom as Michael's or Kentaro's looks did.  Kenya seems nice but still bugs me a bit too.  Being brought to tears and joy each time the judges say something positive  about her designs is a bit much.  I think if a person even considers trying out for a show like this they must have confidence they have a shot at winning because they believe they possess the skills and ability to do so, and that seems to belie the neediness and insecurity she displays.  She reminds me of Melinda Doolittle when she was on American Idol who reacted in much the same way despite already having a singing career and receiving consistant praise from the judges. 

In future seasons I hope they decide to do away with featuring the model's thoughts about the designs each week.  I simply don't care what they think and don't believe it adds any value to this show and the competition.

• Love 6
54 minutes ago, gingerella said:

The judges are whackadoodledoo. I the past they have ALWAYS slammed designers for the wide hip thing, always reciting their mantra "no woman wants extra fabric poofing out at her hips..." and then they give Kenya a tongue bath over her wide hipped dress? WTF man? They are all soooo full of shit.

They gave wins to the wide waisted hip "Umbrella" dress back on the Wet Runway and also the 'Brooklyn Bridge" dress in previous seasons. Some one of the judges also offered that she started with a "boat" as a kind excuse. But I know I've seen the exact silhouette on maybe a Comme Des Garcons runway. I don't believe they really expect Ready to Wear out of the UMC.

Edited by Eulipian 5k
Hip not waist. (I'm a man, don't know the difference)
1 hour ago, dleighg said:

But we know she REALLY likes blue!!!!!

She sounded like a kid that ate too much paste and it damaged her brain.

I don't like it when the designers throw their models under the bus (Margarita), but the models also shouldn't throw the designers under the bus. You're not the client, you're the coat hanger, suck it up and sell it, LIRIS.

• Love 14
52 minutes ago, ichbin said:

In future seasons I hope they decide to do away with featuring the model's thoughts about the designs each week.  I simply don't care what they think and don't believe it adds any value to this show and the competition.

Hear!  Hear!  I would take it a step further and not allow Tim to comment on the outfits or what went on in the workroom, while the judges are inspecting them.

41 minutes ago, Eulipian 5k said:

They gave wins to the wide waisted hip "Umbrella" dress back on the Wet Runway and also the 'Brooklyn Bridge" dress in previous seasons.

Kelly's "Brooklyn Bridge" dress was for an Avant Garde challenge that was to be based on a site in New York City.  Based on that, I don't think the wide hips were out of line. 

Edited by Miss Ruth
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, suzeecat said:

I don't understand why Tim was trying to admonish Kentaro to not use the fire hose since it is considered "fabric".  It's no different than Kenya using seat belts.  It was among the materials given to use, it wasn't purchased at MOOD, it wasn't muslin - sheesh! 

It's also not that much different from the rubber raft used by Brandon.  In past unconventional materials challenges Tim would have admonished a designer for using anything that could be cut up into one big chunk, whether it was fabric-like or not. 

15 hours ago, millennium said:

I'm sick of the Brandon set-up: 1. creative anguish ("i've never made [fill-in-the-blank] before");  2. editing to make it appear Brandon's doomed; 3. Brandon producing something in the last five minutes that looks like nothing he worked on the whole show; 4. Brandon showered with verbal roses by the judges.   Plus I find Brandon kind of creepy.

I agree with this 100%.  I detest his design aesthetic and also find him really creepy.  He actually seems like a nice enough person, so I think I find him creepy because he looks like Evan Peter's character this season in American Horror Story Cult.  Dye Brandon's idiotic man bun blue and he'd be a dead ringer for American Horror's cult-leader Kai.  In fact, Brandon's stupid hippy dippy bathrobe aesthetic would be perfect for a cult leader.

I really hated his top this week.  It was shapeless and not at all flattering.  The color/pattern placement made no sense to me either. The skirt was kind of cute, but too short.

• Love 7

I apologize for this being OT, but has anyone seen the Project Runway Dixie cups in stores? The only place I can find them online is Amazon where you have to pay $19.00 for a 6-pack of 14 cups. I wanted to buy one package for my mom as a little gift. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Edited by Jsage
  • Love 1
53 minutes ago, suzeecat said:

I don't understand why Tim was trying to admonish Kentaro to not use the fire hose since it is considered "fabric".  It's no different than Kenya using seat belts.  It was among the materials given to use, it wasn't purchased at MOOD, it wasn't muslin - sheesh!  I wasn't thrilled with what he did with it, but I thought it was perfectly acceptable to use.  A company here in Detroit makes purses and various tote bags out of woven seat belts - virtually indestructible!  And on my wish list!!!

I agree. I remember judges dinging designers for using things like shower curtains and table linens during an unconventional materials challenge, for good reason--those things actually were fabric or close to it. On the runway they criticized Kentaro's styling and embellishments, but not the use of the hoses. This wasn't the designers going to a store other than Mood and having to be sure to select non-fabric items; this was selecting from materials chosen by production. If it was there to take, it was unconventional. Kentaro had a nice look going until Tim ill-advised him.

I haven't liked Zac's Handsy Time since it was introduced. I get that its intention is neither sexual nor disrespectful, but it looks like both. It's possible to check fit and construction without all the tugging and touching he does. The show needs to make up its mind. Either the models are coat hangers, in which case they can shut up about their feelings and the designers and Zac can grope them or they're stakeholders who can criticize the designers and thank the judges for complimenting a designer and Zac can learn some manners.

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, Passing Strange said:

I agree. I remember judges dinging designers for using things like shower curtains and table linens during an unconventional materials challenge, for good reason--those things actually were fabric or close to it.

Except they are not consistent with this. The 1st episode of Season 3 was an unconventional materials challenge; they gave the win to someone who used either a tablecloth or fabric shower curtain (can't remember which) - basically just yardage - when there were many gorgeous looks that actually used unconventional stuff, like Mychael Knight's coffee filter dress. Interestingly, that winner was the guy later thrown out for having pattern books in his room.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, bourbon said:

Brandon, too me, is like the restaurant you go to that does one thing but does it well. I like how is silhouette is androgynous yet weirdly feminine at the same time. I like the muted palette. He displays zero range, but I like what he does, and he has a strong aesthetic. I guess sometimes there is a fine line between having a strong aesthetic and being a one way monkey. I, personally, think he's the former. That said, it would be very nice to see how he could adapt his aesthetic to a *true* red carpet look (and not just the camp thing he did for Liris in E1) or bridal or professional wear. 

Eh. Brandon has zero range in an aesthetic he copied from (er, was inspired by) that British designer (Craig Green?). I don't see anything terribly original. Plus, his color range is so sad and drab. Like the fabric in old housecoats that have been worn and laundered to death.

• Love 4

Just binge read this thread. :^)

I agree with the poster who said Ayana will be in F3 with the boys in the name of diversity.  Tim will save her if need be.  

I would love to know where the recruiting team found all of them.  And in other reality shows, as well.   The quality has gone down in Survivor, too and I blame eliminating the application step as part of it. 

OT- I would like to hear what the judges and Tim said behind Ashley's back [season 14 winner].  You know it was not good! 

• Love 2
54 minutes ago, Broderbits said:

Except they are not consistent with this

Understatement for sure!  Not original vs. everybody copies.  Poorly constructed vs. design over sewing ability.  Hoochie mama vs. sexy.  Too short vs. it could have used a bit more length, but... Looks like a costume vs. interesting.  The list goes on.  It seems whatever fits the agenda trumps whatever has been stated previously.

• Love 7

I can't hate too much on Brandon for being a one way monkey that is getting a constant undeserved tongue bath from the judges when Margarita is there with her nasty cracks about other people's "taste level" while sending out something that looked like a roller derby exploded & randomly stuck to her model 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, suzeecat said:

I don't understand why Tim was trying to admonish Kentaro to not use the fire hose since it is considered "fabric".  It's no different than Kenya using seat belts.  It was among the materials given to use, it wasn't purchased at MOOD, it wasn't muslin - sheesh! 

2 hours ago, Cowgirl said:

It's also not that much different from the rubber raft used by Brandon.  In past unconventional materials challenges Tim would have admonished a designer for using anything that could be cut up into one big chunk, whether it was fabric-like or not. 

Exactly!  Like @Broderbits said, they're not consistent at all.

2 hours ago, ichbin said:

I didn't understand the praise given to Kenya's outfit .  Manipulating the straps into fabric by sewing them together wasn't particularly inventive, and I thought the dress was unnattractive and unflattering. 

The "v" cut in the neckline of the top was off center, too.  I also hated the one metal part down just past the hemline.  Maybe painting it made the belts look spectacular in person, but the design and construction were awful.

In regards to Zac:  I agree it's part of the job and he's so focused on the design and construction I doubt he realizes he's doing it.

I love Kentaro's personality and agree with those who think it will be him, Brendon (who I have mixed feelings about) and Ayana (who's look I loved until she painted black over the orange and added the hard hat) in the finale. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

Resized_Screenshot_20171020-145433.thumb.jpeg.0f57b51861192a181df02771fa9d6173.jpeg

May he RIP.

If any of you haven't seen Season 3, it is a delight.  Mychael was very sweet, very likeable.  It is why he won fan favourite.  I will never, for the rest of my life, forget Mychael jokingly calling himself "Captain Save a Ho" because of the other designers teasing him about his friendship with Laura.  (I learned about that song and that phrase that day he said it.)

Margarita saying that the only good designers were herself, Michael, Kentaro and Brandon and yet Kenya and Ayana were simply seamstresses?  What a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiih.  She is so incredibly unaware.

It was interesting to see Kenya under pressure.  The real Kenya came out.

I feel like Brendan or somebody should have told Kentaro how inappropriate the Pocahontas thing was.  Is Brendan really Kentaro's friend, or just wanting to make sure he makes the final 3?  ; )

I'm a Brendan fan but his outfit?  Bleh!  A circle skirt?!  Did anyone watch Kenley's season?  We've seen 50,000 of those.

Circle skirt....!?!?!  A freaking circle skirt and a crop top!?!?!?!?!?!?

tumblr_n9ydtt6jvy1sp0gvao3_r1_500.gif

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 7
12 hours ago, tessat said:

there is no way the judges don't know Brandon's and Ayana's looks when a model comes down with straps hanging everywhere or a model has her head covered. Both of these designers need to save their specific esthetic and try to blend

I think by this time, if they judges can't recognize your designs on the runway - you're doing something wrong! Take off the straps and the head coverings and I'll bet the judges could still identify Brandon and Ayana's. Kentaro's too. Because they are showing "who they are as a designer" and "what they're trying to say" with their designs.

• Love 9

Before I ready everybody else's posts:

I am so happy Ayana won!! I really liked her look and I loved how she went whole-heartedly into the challenge and embraced it! It's been exciting to watch her these past two challenges. She's developing her niche, crazy modest fashion! I hope she keeps it up and makes it to fashion week. I thought she would be one of the earlier boots, but she's hanging in there. I liked her look, kind of Halloweeny and Cruella de Ville but it had cool elegance at the same time. (Plus I liked how she left her naysayers in the dust.)

I disliked Margarita's. I don't know what the judges saw in it, well, I sort of do, but those two black boob coverings looked like giant insect eyes to me, like an ant monster. It's all I could see.

Michael's was the worst, although I think Kentaro was saved by his past work. That bungie cord thing over basic clothing, not that great. And what was Kentaro thinking? Braids?? If Liris's hair had been different it wouldn't have been so bad.  I'm assuming Kentaro didn't know what he was doing as far as any cultural references go. I wonder if he could have rearranged the hose fabric so that the stripes were vertical instead of horizontal. That might have helped, too.

Kenya's - I'm glad she pulled through, but we have seen a seat belt dress before (Korto, season 5). Kenya's, however, is a different style and shape from Korto's.  Korto's was more like a coat dress from what I recall. She has to stop being scared of challenges and just embrace them like Ayana does.

Brandon's turned out better than I thought it would. At least he switched up his color palette.

• Love 7
16 hours ago, zoemom said:

I know the overall winner gets one at the end as part of the prize package, but was surprised there was no "big" prize this time around.

That was the most insulting thing of all last night, including Michael's stripper design.  Show the contestants 3 brand new shiny Lexus SUVs with Project Runway license plates, then tell them it's a Lexus challenge.  Who wouldn't expect that the winner will receive one of the cars?  Margarita's already squealing that she hopes she wins because she wants the blue one.  But, psych!  The Lexus's are only there for you to pick out trash from their trunks.  I hated that.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

If any of you haven't seen Season 3, it is a delight.  Mychael was very sweet, very likeable.  It is why he won fan favourite.  I will never, for the rest of my life, forget Mychael jokingly calling himself "Captain Save a Ho" because of the other designers teasing him about his friendship with Laura.  (I learned about that song and that phrase that day he said it.)

I mostly remember him for the coffee filter dress, and for the fact that he sort of imploded in his Fashion Week show with a somewhat unsophisticated taste level.  But liked him very much and was glad he got to Fashion Week.

4 hours ago, Shannon L. said:

I love Kentaro's personality and agree with those who think it will be him, Brendon (who I have mixed feelings about) and Ayana (who's look I loved until she painted black over the orange and added the hard hat) in the finale. 

I could be remembering wrong but it seems like Kentaro's had the most problems when he's been told to change his style or design based on the needs of the challenge.  I think if he gets to present and has no constraints placed on him, he might come up with a fantastic runway show.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Passing Strange said:

Either the models are coat hangers, in which case they can shut up about their feelings and the designers and Zac can grope them or they're stakeholders who can criticize the designers and thank the judges for complimenting a designer and Zac can learn some manners.

We'll probably be hearing from the modeling "industry" soon enough regarding sexual harassment and the dehumanizing treatment models live with.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, suzeecat said:

I don't understand why Tim was trying to admonish Kentaro to not use the fire hose since it is considered "fabric". 

This seemed SO UNFAIR.  Did Tim see how heavy and difficult those fire hoses were to manipulate before Kentaro deconstructed them?   Surely someone "helped" him come up with the ghastly Native American vibe he presented.  Perhaps the Blahblahblah Make-up and "Our" Hair Studios (we change sponsors every season!) came up with the idea.  Kentaro's creation probably would have been fine--and (maybe) wouldn't have had those extra red/yellow "arrow" touches if Tim hadn't butted in to say he needed more.  I thought it was very clever...but the top could have been more tapered on the sides.  I love Little Kentaro.

• Love 3