Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E10: Driving Miss Unconventional

Drogo
  • Start Topic

Thank you, thank you, thank you! So glad Michael, his extremely questionable taste, his overinflated ego, and his dramatic sense of justice are gone.

The only thing that would have made this episode better is if Margarita had (rightfully) been in the bottom with him.

Very sad news about Mychael Knight.

• Love 17
53 minutes ago, susannot said:

I believe that Tim is saving the Save for Brandon or Kentaro.

From the beginning I've felt Tim will use his save on Kenya.  He has a soft spot for people with humble beginnings and financial struggles.  He also often saves designers who could not afford formal design school - I have no idea if that includes Kenya or not.  Tim also likes upbeat, positive people. 

No spoilers read, but I think Kentaro and Brandon will sail into final three.  Zac's all but called it on Brandon, and Kentaro should have been eliminated tonight - he was in the bottom two, and he used material for an unconventional challenge, which is absolutely not fulfilling the challenge.  So they're planning on Kentaro making final three, IMO.

• Love 15

I  wonder if the models (Liris) having more of a say has anything to do with situations in past seasons like when Erin put that poor model in a yellow outfit with the metal grate that poked her and she bled.

Margarita's outfit was tacky looking.

• Love 7
21 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

From the beginning I've felt Tim will use his save on Kenya.  He has a soft spot for people with humble beginnings and financial struggles.  He also often saves designers who could not afford formal design school - I have no idea if that includes Kenya or not.  Tim also likes upbeat, positive people. 

No spoilers read, but I think Kentaro and Brandon will sail into final three.  Zac's all but called it on Brandon, and Kentaro should have been eliminated tonight - he was in the bottom two, and he used material for an unconventional challenge, which is absolutely not fulfilling the challenge.  So they're planning on Kentaro making final three, IMO.

Kenya does have a degree in fashion design. I looked it up after her horrible proportions on the friends and family challenge. I was sure she was self taught 

• Love 4

Liris never impressed me (certainly not as much as she is impressed with herself), but throwing sweet, humorous, tolerant (the mummy wrap was not funny, Michael) Kentaro under the proverbial bus? Bye, Felicia!

Michael? If it's any consolation,  Margarita will be the next to be Aufed. Mark my words. You got Claire, but you also embarrassed Tim. 

Happy for Ayana! Nina recognized exactly what Ayana intended: Fire!

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Love 22
32 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

I agree re: Brandon and Kentaro, and Ayana will round out the final three.  No question.  (Also not a spoiler - just my guess!)  The show wants to be seen as fashion-forward, progressive, and inclusive, so Ayana's brand of head coverings and modest styles fits this model, similar to how they put season 14 Ashley in the finals and asked her to use plus-size models in her show.  And then the travesty of crowning her the winner even though her designs were atrocious.  It didn't matter - they just wanted to be progressive.  (Ayana's really talented, though, so her spot in the finals would be merited, unlike Ashley).  

• Love 20

I wouldn't have been surprised by anyone being eliminated, because I thought they were all ugly, but I really thought Tim was going to use his save for Michael.

The guest judge was pretty useless, "it's blue!, & there's more blue, & she's wearing blue lipstick!" 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, BabyVegas said:

I'm so annoyed with Brandon. He's a one trick pony and he can't tailor worth a damn

No, he’s a one-way monkey. Swinging on his straps.

I was annoyed that the materials in this challenge were so similar to the first unconventional challenge, mostly a bunch of plastic. Just to shoehorn in a sponsor. I seem to remember seasons that had even more than two unconventional materials challenges, but they managed to vary them a little more.

Michael and Margarita’s outfits look like a pair of Mad Max hookers, if the only colors left in the world were red and blue. I don’t see how one was praised and the other derided. Margarita’s look also made me think of roller derby. In the Thunderdome. 

• Love 22

Not a Brandon fan, do not see innovative in his stuff, Just see straps on things we have seen before, nothing like having an anonymous runway and there is Brandon's' straps, ha ha .  This day his skirt looked like a terribly short poodle skirt, including the stripes.  How many times have people almost been kicked out because some but shows through short skirt, but for Brandon it is ok because he is so "innovative" even though I Have seen the same thing before with straps

The thing with Kentaro's model is that the fire hose had fiberglass in it, that can cause a nasty rash, not good for a model and it is really horrible on the skin. Some materials should have not been included or Kentaro should have made an undergarment for his model like Michael did. 

Edited by holly4755
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, Bebecat said:

Are we allowed to post during show? Or just after?

I think in one of the info subforums, the mods said it's okay to post during the show if you don't use the episode thread as a livechat with short comments throughout the episode.

One thing I enjoy about the unconventional materials challenge is seeing the designers walk around the workroom wearing random pieces of weird stuff.

We're also at the point in the season when people are exhausted and getting loopy which is how we get delightful moments like Michael wrapping Kentaro's head as Kentaro just keeps on working and then says, "Thank you, bitch." Remember that the unconventional challenge in S2 (which took place in week 9) is also what gave us "What about Andrae?" and the Red Lobster story.

The thing I dislike is that the judges are so inconsistent about what the designers are actually supposed to do. This time around, Tim made sure to tell Kentaro that he shouldn't use actual fabric that he scrounged from the back of the Lexus because he was supposed to transform the unconventional materials. But then he was totally fine with Brandon using the silver space blanket (which to me is no different from the year that the designers got their materials from the overpriced candy store and some of the designers used material from the pillow cases and blankets).

One thing I love about being at his point in this season is that ALL of the designers get feedback. No more safe/middle people who get no comments on what they made.

I liked Brandon's skirt (the stripes were nice) but I hated his shapeless crop top. I am now convinced that he doesn't know how to deal with designing for boobs.

I love Kentaro but when you're saying that your look is "good enough" and "it doesn't look that bad," you're not doing well - especially when we're down to the last six designers. His design was way too simple, especially considering that he used actual fabric. The pleated part of the skirt was cute though.

Michael's bondage dress was the kind of dress that "I'm questioning your taste level" was made for. I'm pretty sure there are strippers out there who were like, "Ugh, I wouldn't wear that tacky cheap looking outfit." It just made it seem even funnier that Nina was wearing a prim floral dress while telling Michel that his dress didn't look good. Normally I can take or leave the guest judges because their comments are pretty useless but I liked that this week she wasn't afraid to be blunt and say that his dress was tacky and hookerish. Which is a great segueway to Heidi then saying she thought the model looked hot. OF COURSE Heidi approves of anything short and tight! If only he'd added glitter, she would have said it was in the top. I appreciate that he was ambitious making the bra top out of the seat belt straps but it Zac was right when he said it was not flattering on her breasts.

I didn't like Ayana's dress for so many reasons. I appreciate that she tried to use more than one of the materials she had, but the end result was bad because it looked like exactly what it was - a bunch of crap attached to a dress base. The "mosaic" looked like what it was (shards of plastic glued to the top). The skirt looked like it was (netting stuck on top of a long skirt). I don't know why the judges liked it.

Kenya's was interesting because weaving the seat belts gave it some texture, which is really needed with black material on the runway. I agree with her model about not wanting to wear something that makes your hips look bigger, but hey, if the judges liked Ayana's crazy dress then the exaggerated hips on Kenya's was acceptable too. The bodice of the dress looked cute on the model. I thought this looked like something you would see on a runway. I might be biased because there was a period in the early 2000s when I was obsessed with these purses made of old seat belts that were woven into a diamond shape.

Margarita's was like Ayana's - it was really obvious that it was made out of a bunch of different crap. Both of their dresses looked like shitty art projects. But I will give Margarita points for using so much color. If you're going to throw together a bunch of garbage to make an outfit, at least it's not dull looking, I guess. I appreciate that she did different things with the materials (weaving the red tape, sawing the knee pads, etc) so she really tried to do something with them (as opposed to just gluing shit on top of a base).

Ha I had to laugh when Heidi said, "All of you did a really amazing job today. There's nothing there that we don't like," and then Zac and Nina immediately made noises of disagreement.

Michael had to go home for that fug dress. When he was packing up his stuff in the workroom, I snickered when I saw he had a measuring tape out on the table.

3 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

Ugh.  She was beloved on Suburgatory, but I couldn't stand her dead eyes and horrific voice.  I didn't know until tonight that that's her real voice.  *Shiver*

I liked that she wasn't shy about her opinion, she didn't fawn over everything, she offered more than "I would (not) wear that," and that she wasn't afraid to disagree with Heidi. I will always love her for this scene:

• Love 13
5 hours ago, Bebecat said:

i have a stone cold heart as a rule and really don't care about the phone calls home. I can barely take most contestants these days, much less their relatives. I am only here for the clothing, made out of FABRIC.

Just finished watching last night's PR.  I always DVR it -too many commercials on it for me to take it any other way!

I'm glad I'm not the only one who can't stand those stupid (unecessary) phone home calls - unless they can find a cell phone company to sponsor the show (Apple/Samsung/LG - that's got to be a better fit than Dixie!) I really see no need for them.   With time so tight, I find it hard to believe that the designers "drop" everything to call home.  Unless the designers aren't allowed to use their cell phones when they go back to their apartment, I find it totally unecessary (except for the "drama/tearjerk aspect).  

It's a design/fashion show after all; IMO, there's too much drama on it as it is.

I think Michael will be back next week

Sadly, you're probably right Miss Ruth,  I wish they'd had a double elimination - he could take his BFF Margarita with him, as far as I'm concerned.  I wasn't impressed by her "knee pad" boob design - (sometimes I think those judges are on some kind of meds when they make their comments), I thought her design was ugly - and I'm sure those blue "shoulder pads" weren't comfortable to wear, but at least her model didn't whine about it (yes Lirius, I'm giving you the stink eye).

I was talking with a co-worker yesterday, we both agreed  thinking PR has jumped the shark - what with JC Penny being the Wall sponsor (I have nothing against JC, I get my "work" pants from their catalog) and the "non" sponsored/generic "our hair salon" it seems like sponsors no longer want to be/spend advertising $$ on the show.  Not to mention the D-List "celebrity" judges that keep showing up that are clueless about fashion.

I was surprised that the winner didn't get one of those Lexus SUV's.  In the past didn't they win one when they won this challenge?

I know the overall winner gets one at the end as part of the prize package, but was surprised there was no "big" prize this time around.

RIP  Mychael Knight. :(

Edited by zoemom
a woman has the right to change her mind.......
  • Love 11
4 hours ago, holly4755 said:

Not a Brandon fan, do not see innovative in his stuff, Just see straps on things we have seen before, nothing like having an anonymous runway and there is Brandon's' straps, ha ha .  This day his skirt looked like a terribly short poodle skirt, including the stripes.  How many times have people almost been kicked out because some but shows through short skirt, but for Brandon it is ok because he is so "innovative" even though I Have seen the same thing before with straps

The thing with Kentaro's model is that the fire hose had fiberglass in it, that can cause a nasty rash, not good for a model and it is really horrible on the skin. Some materials should have not been included or Kentaro should have made an undergarment for his model like Michael did. 

Are we to assume Kentaro knew that? Now that I THINK of it after the California fires, I have no fucking clue what materials line fire hoses. And before Tim said they were fabric, I would have assumed that they were made of something that was inflammable, which would not include most fabrics, unless treated. I guess that's what we assumed we all knew,  but Kentaro didn't. Glad he's safe. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, susannot said:

Totally agree with this.  He would have used it if Kentaro had been auf’d. Micheal had sent crap down the runway several times now.   I imagine Tim makes an internal decision after several weeks who would be worth saving and waits to see what happens with their progress.  

• Love 3

Kentaro was the worst, hardly any invention.  That suggests they are saving the Tim Gunn save?  It looked like he would have to use it for Kentaro this episode.  And of course he will use the save at some point, he pretty much admitted that on the runway.  It's there to create more uncertainty and drama so will always be used, even if I don't normally like how he does use it.

Not that happy with the winner, it was ok but the bottom looked a bit of a mess at the back to me.  The hard hat just looked silly.  And the bit she tore off as she walked down the runway was silly (wasn't the idea of using that bit draped around from a Lady Gaga shoot).  I wonder if they want her in the final 3 for 'diversity', I think Margherita is better, but going by Zac Posen's remark he doesn't like her.  Also the edit is still trying to fit in looks from Margarita at particular points when others are mentioned on the runway like she is some villain.  Very annoying as she deserves final 3.  I would have had either Brandon or Margarita as the winner.

Kenya wasn't really that exciting and they didn't seem to mind she couldn't get it to fit.  Kentaro got his to fit but showed little.  Hard to see the consistency sometimes.  I was annoyed at Kenya asking for things from others, it's a competition if she didn't get what she needed that was her fault.

I've no interest in cars, and the car advert was annoying.  Strange to do an unconventional (in effect environmental recycling challenge) with a car promo.

I do think the episodes work better when there are fewer designers like this as you can concentrate better on the individual efforts.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

Another unconventional materials challenge. Are they running out of ideas to torture the designers with? And so many product themed challenges. Not sure I like this. 

Not only are they doing two unconventional materials challenges in one season but these are the exact same materials they used for the unconventional material challenge they did on Project Runway Allstars, season 4.

• Love 2

Still watching the show - but I have to say - there is no way the judges don't know Brandon's and Ayana's looks when a model comes down with straps hanging everywhere or a model has her head covered. Both of these designers need to save their specific esthetic and try to blend.

• Love 11
10 hours ago, DasFlavorPup said:

Judges, I was in near total agreement with you, until you got to Margarita's.  What the actual HELL.

I liked Brandon's, but it was a distant third to Ayana's stunner (clear winner there, no doubt) and Kenya's elegant outfit, mild hip dysplasia effect notwithstanding.  Brandon had his damn straps yet again, but I loved the color and construction, although I hated the midriff-baring and how far the hem was from the model's body.

Michael and Margarita's were tacky crap and both of them badly need to stop blowing gold dust up their own culos, but boy howdy Kentaro is the clear loser this week, to  me.

Ditto this entire post.  I will also add that Ayana is not only talented but beautiful. What was up with Margarita saying that she and Kenya were mere "dressmakers"? I find them easily more talented than Margarita, Michael or Brandon (who is a one note designer). 

• Love 12

The right look was sent home.  That was hideous. Sorry Michael.

However, I am O-V-E-R Brandon and his regurgitated "silhouette".  If he is trying to create a portfolio to become the lead designer for the Star Wars franchise, then great.  Mission accomplished.  Rey and her fellow Rebels and Jedis will look fabulous in your beige dolmen sleeved caftans.  The strappy appendages will come in handy if the characters need to tether themselves together on the next Death Star or to pull R2 out of a sand pit.  Why the judges are enamored with his one way monkey ability, I don't know.  But, this is the same panel that awarded Erin the win last year, so...

Margarita is really starting to bug me more every week.  She isn't as insufferable as some of the past seasons' overly confident, smug designers, but she's pushing the envelope.  Her looks have been meh overall. Up until this challenge, her stuff has been wearable, but not so memorable (to me anyway).  Her model last night looked as if she made a Super Hero costume after shopping at the Dollar Store.  Yes, the materials were unconventional, but everyone (minus Michael) made "clothes" versus costume out of their collected materials.

One thing I noticed and liked in this version of UC is they didn't supply muslin as a foundation fabric.  Or maybe it was there, but no one took the easy way out?  Either way, I applaud the choice.  In the past I think too many designers did themselves in by relying on the muslin.

I would like to see Kenya, Ayana & Kentaro in the finals.  I know it won't happen, but these are the people I like best based on personality first & ability second. Ayana has a unique perspective re. "modest" designs, so I think she will get in.  I have a feeling it will be Brandon who joins her since the judges are experiencing some kind of Stockholm Syndrome.  3rd spot is a toss up, but realistically it'll probably be Kentaro, Brandon and Ayana.  No spoilers, just guessing.  If I were at Fashion Week and knew Brandon were showing, I'd try to get a front row seat and bring my scissors to snip off all the trailing belts and straps as they parade by.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Peggyk said:

1 hour ago, Peggyk said:

And one more rant,    I am very upset with Michaels model, saying she was a hooker.   How dare she?    Her job is to wear the clothing and make it look good, NOT TO VOICE A NEGATIVE ATTITUDE AND OPINION!    

Has this show lost its direction?   

Actually, the guest judge Carly Chaikin made that comment about her during the runway show. I think the model was just joking with her about the comment. 

Also, this isn’t Carly Chaikin’s first rodeo as a guest judge. She appeared last season as well, although I think her commentary was more useful last time. I’m still not sure why she has been chosen as a guest judge other than to promote each new season of Mr. Robot. 

I think Michael was the right choice to be auf’d. He was so determined to produce a fetish wear outfit, but did nothing to try to make it fashion by classing it up in some way. I think at the very least a longer skirt would have helped. 

Kentaro should have painted or tried to dye his fabric after Tim’s critique. The red and yellow arrows were just wrong for the outfit. 

I didn't hate Brandon’s outfit, but it did seem like what he’s done before. I didn’t see heaping so much praise on that particular outfit. It made me worried he was going to win again. I was glad Ayana won instead. I could have done without the caution tape gimmick and the hard hat though. 

Margarita’s outfit looked like a homemade super hero costume. It didn’t seem fashionable at all to me. I can understand why Zac questioned who she is as a designer. 

I think Kenya did a good job with the seatbelt dress. Too bad her zipper broke. 

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Miss Ruth said:

If they didn't want those hoses to be used, they shouldn't have been included.

I think Michael will be back next week.

But by now the designers should know to stay clear of the hoses\cords. Just like you should know not to go on the Amazing Race without knowing how to drive a stick.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, BabyVegas said:

All of this! I'm so annoyed with Brandon. He's a one trick pony and he can't tailor worth a damn. Every look he does is a tent with sleeves or a poofy crop top. His look this week was basically a rehash of his first look. I don't know why they keep falling all over themselves to praise him. Until and unless he shows any capability to tailor, I will continue to stand by my assertion that he is just not that skilled.

I don't mind if the guest judges are either fashion professionals or at LEAST celebs who are noted for their style, but these third-tier whoevers who don't have anything useful to say should just be quiet.

I like Brandon's personality, but I really think he needs to prove that he can do something other than cover breasts with a tent. Or with a cropped tent.

And yes, the judges and Tim are wildly inconsistent when they decide whether or not it's acceptable to use an unconventional material, that possesses fabric-like properties, as they would any other fabric. 

I agree with the poster who thinks it's ridiculous that just after Heidi reminds us that it will be an anonymous runway show, out pops Brandon's model with the dangling shit.

I know Michael's dress was hooker-ish, but I thought he knotted, twisted and wove the bungee cords in a beautiful way. 

Margarita's model was so kind, informing the judges that the contrasting blue on the top was not paint, but shavings or dust produced when Margarita was sawing the blue helmets for the shoulder pieces. 

I really thought the judges would have told Margarita that there were too many ideas going on with her creation.

• Love 6

I like Brandon's personality, but I really think he needs to prove that he can do something other than cover breasts with a tent. Or with a cropped tent.

Yes!  Why haven't any of the judges or Tim ever mentioned THAT HE DOESN'T KNOW HOW TO MAKE ANYTHING BUT A CROP TOP?  Not to mention the ever present dangly bits. Sorry to shout, but I just don't understand it, and I actually like Brandon as a contestant.  Can he make a blouse?  A form fitted dress?  That said, major props for completely redesigning his outfit at the last minute.

Kentaro probably deserved to go home over Michael this week,.  I was fully expecting Tim to whip out his save if that had happened. Kentaro is a much more talented and inventive designer than Michael, but on several challenges he has experienced a brain freeze and gotten stuck. Glad that Tim didn't use his save on Michael, as he has been pretty inconsistent as a designer.

Margarita is showing herself to be a bit of a mean girl, but isn't in the major leagues for that designation yet.  But Zac was right--I have no idea of her as a designer, outside of the fact that she likes color.

Kenya's outfit was a bit drab, but she did everything in her power to give it texture.  I think that she has a problem choosing materials, or at least in the time frame that she is allotted--she doesn't have enough fabric/materials, or she doesn't get enough of her main color, or she doesn't pick out a variety of fabrics. 

I don't mind the models expressing their opinions.

Guest judge was useless.  She likes blue!  I thought that the blue at the top of Ayana's dress was a bit jarring, myself.  but she deserved the win--she went all out and used the materials as creatively as possible.

• Love 9
11 hours ago, susannot said:

I thought for sure Kentaro was going last night and the save would come into play.  I thought Kentaro sent a mess down that runway. So did Michael, but Kentaro’s? And the styling made it worse.

Kenya should have been in the bottom too.  Her dress was ok but the judges and Tim keep saying that at this point in the competition, any little mistake can send you home.  Zippers don’t break unless they are poorly sewn in or the dress is too darn tight.  But she was like “my zipper broke” and they were like”ok”.

And to to the surprise of no one, Zac wants too see a collection from Brandon. I like Brando, but news flash Zac- you’ve been seeing his collection all season.

Was glad Ayana won, especially because I thought she was robbed last week.  And I like her personality (“me, celebrating with....me”.)

Will not miss Michael  Margarita can go next, but for some reason the judges really like her.

A

• Love 4
10 hours ago, LotusFlower said:

I think this is a really unfair comparison.  Zac didn't grab her breast - he was walking around the model and pulling and yanking the dress to examine the construction and design.  He's a designer and judge; Harvey was a movie producer, mogul, pig, and sexual predator.  Big difference.

Also, I believe Zac is gay, so I don't see anything sexual about his touching the garments on the women models during judging. 

• Love 2

All of the designers have an aesthetic.

For Kenya it's all about making a woman's waist look smaller by adding a peplum or volume to the hips.

Ayana likes tight sleeves and tops that cling but emphasizes modesty.

Kentaro makes ballet practice wear.

Margarita is doing a take on Carmen Miranda each week.

Brandon does athleisure wear.

They all step outside that sometimes, sometimes with good results, like Brandon's fantastic black form-fitting black dress with a jacket in E3, sometimes a freaking disaster like Kenya's green pantsuit that the judges inexplicably liked in E6. 

At this point, looking over their entire body of work, Brandon is the most consistent in construction, design and fit while remaining true to his aesthetic. I'm with Zac and I love with Brandon is doing. I think he would make an incredible collection.

Kenya seems to always be designing to hide a woman's body rather than show it off and that is a real problem. Her garment this week was interesting and intriguing but her construction was shit. I look at her stuff so far this season and have no desire to see a full collection.

Ayana is very hit and miss. When she has a standard model, she excels, but looking back at her work, she made a hideous weird smock top in E7 for one of the less than stick thin models. Clingy only works on thin.

Margarita is just all over the place. Some of her looks are fun and intriguing and show thought and design, like her E9 avant garde, but then you get crapfests like last night's Super Girl Cosplay.

Kentaro makes these incredibly beautiful tank tops with tulle skirts and most of the time, it works, but then he comes up with a total shitshow like. E3, a big old nothing in E5 but in between had that freaking amazing nightgown in E4. 

If I have to look at who I want to see more from, absolutely Brandon. No question in my mind that he is consistently doing excellent work. Second is Kentaro. He has done a whole lot of crap, especially last night's utter disaster, but when he's on, he's ON (E6 with the leggings, shorts and crop top!) Which brings me to the third spot for the finals, Margarita, Kenya or Ayana. Kenya is out because her work is just consistently a freaking hot mess. Margarita doesn't know who she is. That leaves Ayana, who has fantastic vision but whose aesthetic is for a limited body type.

Edited by BlackberryJam
Don't leave out articles, Jam.
  • Love 24
8 minutes ago, BlackberryJam said:

Margarita is doing a take on Carmen Miranda each week.

Margarita doesn't know who she is.

Which is it?  Can't be both.  I think Zac Posen was just thinking something up to criticise her with.

And I think she has better taste than at least 2 of those left.

Edited by amazingracefan
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, amazingracefan said:

Which is it?  Can't be both.  I think Zac Posen was just thinking something up to criticise her with.

If she knew who she was, what she wanted to be, she wouldn't be doing a take on Carmen Miranda each week. It's like she had no feel on who she wants to be so she makes clothes but then inserts something to match her cultural background. I never see "Margarita." I see, "Margarita making something she thinks she's supposed to make."

Edited by BlackberryJam
  • Love 6
33 minutes ago, BlackberryJam said:

If she knew who she was, what she wanted to be, she wouldn't be doing a take on Carmen Miranda each week. It's like she had no feel on who she wants to be so she makes clothes but then inserts something to match her cultural background. I never see "Margarita." I see, "Margarita making something she thinks she's supposed to make."

Everyone has influences though, who's to say whether it's true to her or not?  We don't know her.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, amazingracefan said:

Everyone has influences though, who's to say whether it's true to her or not?  We don't know her.

I'm not questioning her as person. I'm commenting on her designs. If you look at her entire body of work this season, I think it's obvious.

I have nothing to say about Margarita as a human being. That's been rehashed enough in these threads. 

• Love 1

What were the judges thinking?  Kentaro is a sweetheart but that was an ugly mess, drab, unattractive, a mishmash of doodads and just horrible.  He should have been the loser and gotten Tim's save because of his past work.

I loved Ayana's top, thought it showed a lot of creativity and it was well tailored.  The bottom, not so much, but she didn't have much to work with.

I also loved Kenya's dress and, yes, it did have kind of an unusual shape, but so did Brandon's top and Margarita's alien breast covers.

I would love to see an Ayana, Kenya and Kentaro ending, but it looks like Brandon is a shoe-in.  He almost seems surprised to me that he is getting such praise from the judges.

And, golly, the guest judge......why did they get her?  Yeah, she likes blue and that's about it.  

I'm kind of surprised Heidi didn't rave about Michael's outfit - looks like something she'd wear.  She dresses ok on this show but out in the real world her sense of style is somewhat lacking (imo).

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Callasin said:

But by now the designers should know to stay clear of the hoses\cords.

Just like you should know not to go on the Amazing Race without knowing how to drive a stick.

I still say they should not have been included if they weren't supposed to be used.

As far as your comment about the Amazing Race (whatever that is), why do you assume I should know anything about it?

1 hour ago, mwell345 said:

Zippers don’t break unless they are poorly sewn in or the dress is too darn tight.

As a seamstress, I can tell you that is not true.  The stitches she put in the garment did not break; the zipper did.  Once a zipper gets off track, or looses teeth, it's a goner.  I do agree it probably happened because the dress was too tight, though.

1 hour ago, mwell345 said:

Why do you think he will be back?  Just curious 

It's just a guess on my part.

Edited by Miss Ruth
  • Love 2