Type keyword(s) to search

Curb Your Enthusiasm - General Discussion

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, aghst said:

Only Jeff works yet Susie is the dominant one in the relationship.  But she has to keep demanding pricey things to keep the domestic peace?

Jeff seems to be the type who'd go for a trophy wife, younger, less combative, less scary.

Susie is pretty much a psycho, but in her defense her husband is a scumbag pig who still uses his Hollywood connections to prey on women. I doubt having a less combative trophy wife, like Cheryl (who was still combative) would make him stop. In short, they’re both a match made in hell.

On another note am I supposed to believe that Susie ended up willingly showing her “melted cave” vagina to Irma? Seems really out of character for her.

Tracey is truly the MVP this season because she’s the only thing that has made me genuinely laugh in what’s been a very mediocre season. 

• Love 9

Ullman is so brilliant. Outside of the main players, Larry doesn't have some typical annoyance with her, like the sweater tucking, or the lady in the line, or a million other things. Or here wanting to get the sweater. (I would have waited until they let their guard down.) She's not continually yelling at him or always amping it up, so I don't know how their scenes ever play out. 

I don't know if anyone was listening, but when Ullman almost backed into the guy with the dog, 'Morning Becomes Eclectic' was on the radio. I listen to that every morning!

I actually agree with Larry - I always ask the concierge.

For all the constant yelling, as soon as Larry has the plot of getting Susie in on the surgery, she bargains with him, but is right in from the start. 

I don't know who the desk nurse was, but she was great with Larry. 

I thought the second vase breaking was a little much. Susie could have taken the vase and still bargained for the surgery. It's not like Jeff is in any position to refuse. 

• Love 1
12 hours ago, Blakeston said:

I hope she passes the swimming pool resolution, then realizes what Larry was up to, and then extracts revenge somehow. Maybe by insisting that she be cast on the show!

I'm in there. I actually want Larry to get the partial win on this one because it's a ridiculous ordinance imo. It's my property. He lives in a proper city; not some homeowners place with weird rules (my parents live in one, and their Nextdoor is off the chain). 

14 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I liked the Jeff/Larry exchanges in which they "talked about nothing."

They're best at that. I know they (as actors) don't actually talk about characters, but they're together a lot professionally so they're going to talk about random things. Susie and Larry are best at plotting and screaming at each other. Richard Lewis and Larry are in a class by themselves. They just try to rip and get the other to break.

10 hours ago, aghst said:

Larry's shplendid Sheinfeld shyndication money!

If that line was all Hader, it's brilliant. 

6 hours ago, Blakeston said:

I don't think Larry is concerned about the cost of the fence at all. That was just his explanation for Irma as to why the law is unjust - because it forces people to spend so much money.

He's definitely not concerned with the price. The beat there was that *she* thought it was a lot of money.  

5 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I would have at least tried to speak to the cyclist from the corridor.

He would have never made it over there close enough. The cyclist was 'resting'. 

• Love 1
On 12/14/2021 at 6:22 PM, Not4Me said:

Tracey Ullman has elevated every scene she’s been in this season, which is no surprise.

I've missed her for a while, and am so glad to see her back. Give her another show of her own. And she's such a trooper to play this role full on, and I can't imagine anyone doing so better. Though "Irma" in undoubtedly a completely original creation, Larry could easily have imported another Tracey Ullman character that could also have also fit this role surprisingly well: "Fern Rosenthal." See 

And yes, she's paired with Julia Kavner in both these clips.

• Love 2
On 12/20/2021 at 12:37 PM, cambridgeguy said:

I think it's pretty clear Larry cares about the "principle" of things - the perk of being filthy rich.  He's willing to be in a relationship with a woman he finds repulsive, pay for surgery, etc. just because he thinks the fence law is unjust (and somehow can be waived retroactively) so he'd rather blow time, money, and mental energy on overturning it rather than spend a cent on just building the stupid fence and moving on with his life.

This is exactly what I have to keep telling myself.

Larry's easily worth half a billion dollars - a cashmere sweater or a $10k vase to him is what a dollar is to us mere mortals, and it takes me out of the moment to see him kvetching about the cost of *anything*.  So I just say, if asked about it his response would be that it's the principle of the the thing, not the expense.  Doesn't completely work for me though, because I don't think I'd be that way if I had that kind of disposable income.

As others have noted, this season more than ever, it seems like there's a lot of Larry getting worked up way out of proportion over things, and the purpose of every scene seems to be a set up for him to overreact to a situation.  That aspect of the show has become an exaggeration, if not a parody, of itself. 

The whole this-for-that-for-something else plotline with the vase to make up for an affair in exchange for a false vaginal rejuvenation testimony to avoid sex reminded of an episode of MASH where Radar traded favors about 5 times to get Col. Potter some tomato juice, which he ultimately didn't drink.

"Va-jama party" made me LOL.  Dat vas a goot one. 

Edited by Lone Wolf
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

This is exactly what I have to keep telling myself.

Larry's easily worth half a billion dollars - a cashmere sweater or a $10k vase to him is what a dollar is to us mere mortals, and it takes me out of the moment to see him kvetching about the cost of *anything*.  So I just say, if asked him about it his response would be that it's the principle of the the thing, not the expense.  Doesn't completely work for me though, because I don't think I'd be that way if I had that kind of disposable income.

As others have noted, this season more than ever, it seems like there's a lot of Larry getting worked up way out of proportion over things, and the purpose of every scene seems to be a set up for him to overreact to a situation.  That aspect of the show has become an exaggeration, if not a parody, of itself. 

The whole this-for-that-for-something else plotline with the vase to make up for an affair in exchange for a false vaginal rejuvenation testimony to avoid sex reminded of an episode of MASH where Radar traded favors about 5 times to get Col. Potter some tomato juice, which he ultimately didn't drink.

"Va-jama party" made me LOL.  Dat vas a goot one. 

I totally agree with you.

Yes! I meant to mention “Va-jama party,” too. Although I suspect that was one important line they tried to work in. 

• Love 1
On 12/20/2021 at 3:32 PM, Blakeston said:

Speaking of money, I honestly thought the vase would be worth a lot more, considering how much money the Greenes throw around, and how Jeff described the cost as astronomical. $10,000 is astronomical for most of us, but not for the people in Larry's social circles.

$10,000 tchotchkes add up.

I continue to be entranced by Larry's walk.  The hands in the pockets are crucial, and possibly because of skinnier pant legs these days, I've noticed he's bow-legged. 

Usually when we see him walking, he's shot from his knees up (there's actually a term for this--plan américain; thank you, film class in college).  But there was a scene (I think walking into the antique store) where you could see his feet and he was putting them in front of each other, like models on a catwalk.  I wonder if that has something to do with it.

Plus he has a slight backward lean, reminiscent of R. Crumb's Keep on Truckin' guy, that I think exudes casual confidence. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

$10,000 tchotchkes add up.

I continue to be entranced by Larry's walk.  The hands in the pockets are crucial, and possibly because of skinnier pant legs these days, I've noticed he's bow-legged. 

Usually when we see him walking, he's shot from his knees up (there's actually a term for this--plan américain; thank you, film class in college).  But there was a scene (I think walking into the antique store) where you could see his feet and he was putting them in front of each other, like models on a catwalk.  I wonder if that has something to do with it.

Plus he has a slight backward lean, reminiscent of R. Crumb's Keep on Truckin' guy, that I think exudes casual confidence. 

I remember an SNL sketch that parodied CYE back in its early seasons.  Whoever was playing LD wore a semi-bald wig and glasses and did the walk, basically walking normal but letting his arms hang straight down - no swinging.  That was the defining characteristic of the impression.  Ever since then when I see LD walking with his hands in his pockets, it makes me wonder if he's doing it because of that sketch, even though I'm sure that (if he even knows about it) he couldn't care less.

Edited by Lone Wolf
  • Useful 3
10 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

I remember an SNL sketch that parodied CYE back in its early seasons.  Whoever was playing LD wore a semi-bald wig and glasses and did the walk, basically walking normal but letting his arms hang straight down - no swinging.  That was the defining characteristic of the impression.  Ever since then when I see LD walking with his hands in his pockets, it makes me wonder if he's doing it because of that sketch, even though I'm sure that (if he even knows about it) he couldn't care less.

Interesting. I’m not sure which is more accurate, IMDb or Wikipedia. IMDb states that Larry David was one of the writers of season 8’s Summer of George. Molly Shannon portrays Sam, Elaine’s coworker, who doesn’t swing her arms when she walks. According to Wikipedia, Larry David was only the head writer for seasons 1-7. Wikipedia states that Alec Berg and Jeff Shaffer wrote that episode.

• Love 2

A Maria Sophia sighting.  Leon throwing 107mph fastballs.  Oscar play off music. Vindman!  The shoes.  Irma off the wagon.  That ending dream montage.  and then VINDMAN again.  Quite possibly a perfect episode of Curb.

• Love 7

Finally, a good episode.  The best episode of the season.  Unfortunately I had to hate watch an entire season to get here.

I was actually laughing.  I actually rewound parts over and over to watch them again.  It's really been a while.

• Love 3

Tracy Ullman and Keyla Monterroso Mejia (Maria Sofia) were the MVPs of this season which really picked up for me once Irma showed up.  They both struck a perfect balance with Tracy needing to be part caricature and yet very real and Keyla needing to portray a bad comedic actress while having perfect comedic timing.

• Love 10

It was a perfect call!

The man hug.

Big Fence.

The Mormon Advantage.  (thought for sure this was going to lose him the vote).

I can see Vindman suiting Larry politically but personality-wise, a whistleblower?

How about Larry and Leon both teasing/flirting with Susie about the new vajayjay?

CYE is past its prime but can still hit it out of the park occasionally.

Other thing is, this is more than just a show where LD writes simple outlines and an ensemble cast just improvises perfect lines.

This show uses special effects and stunts for some games, including Larry tripping and falling into the pool.  (Is Larry going to sue the councilman for not having a fence?).  That requires planing and more than saying random lines by the actors.

So Leon is a Pisces. And a Leap Year baby. Yeah, that all tracks. 

Good finale to a scattershot season. I liked the flashy shooting and editing of the search for the Vindman transcript, and of Larry's Young Larry fantasy. 

I doubt real-life Ted would ever take an ongoing series role that would have him in a bald cap. In the version in my head, in-show Larry sprung that detail on him after he'd signed on, for pure spite.

Larry's Trump impression in the call with the Mormon councilwoman was a highlight. "I want a repeal. A big, beautiful repeal." It was surreal to hear Trumpian language and cadences from "Bernie Sanders." 

Colonel Vindman stepped up pretty well for a non-performer! It's something I've noted on this show before. On a lot of series, famous non-actor guest stars stick out like big blocks of wood. Not so much on Curb. Barbara Boxer was really good too in the one about Larry's Yankees jersey disappearing at the dry cleaners. Salman Rushdie was hilarious. There have been others. 

The next time I hug someone, I'm going to see what I do.

I loved Cheryl's mystification at the season plot. "Why do they have him by the balls?" Susie's "Oh, Cheryl, it's such a long story, you don't even..."

I like Cheryl, but is there anything more Cheryl than being the gentile at the Holocaust museum telling two Jews that they need to watch their language and show some respect? 

All the talk this season about dating with large age discrepancies has an upbeat conclusion. Mary Ferguson #4 was played by a 39-year-old, and in moving from Leon/JB Smoove to Alexander Vindman, she more than halved the age gap.

Music note: Curb uses arrangements of popular numbers from Carmen often. It's been going on ever since the first-season episode with a character named Carmen (the interior decorator who wouldn't give Diane Keaton's phone number to Larry).

Edited by Simon Boccanegra
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Simon Boccanegra said:

I doubt real-life Ted would ever take an ongoing series role that would have him in a bald cap. In the version in my head, in-show Larry sprung that detail on him after he'd signed on, for pure spite.

Isn't it true Ted Danson has been wearing a hair piece for years?  I thought the joke was that he needed a bald cap!

• LOL 1

It's a breakfast nook! It's a puzzle corner! Leon was about to go up Irma's ass with a spray can.

Why couldn't Larry put Leon up in a hotel?

OMG, Larry joking about sampling Susie's new 18-year old vagina. Because he likes the young stuff. 🙄

Leon also offering to put some highway miles on Susie's vaj.

How do you sign an audiobook, Leon? Now that was needlessly rude IMO.

China & Russia On That Bullshit. It'll be a bestseller! 😏

All Larry had to do was take off those shoes he stole from the Holocaust exhibit. Or not have stolen them to begin with. Dummkopf. (Did people actually have their name in their shoes back then or was it because Irma's uncle was a cobbler?)

So either Larry drowned or he'll now have a way to blackmail the councilman for not having a pool fence.

Will there be a 12th season? I'm thinking LD should quit with CYE now and move on to something else.

• Love 1
42 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

He had a bald spot when he was on Cheers.  It may have progressed since then.!

There were paparazzi photos of him a few years ago cavorting in the ocean with Mary Steenburgen (who, by the way, jolted me in my seat in Nightmare Alley last week; anyone who's seen it knows the scene). He still has a decent amount of hair that appears to be real. It's just scarcer at the crown, which, as you note, has been the case since the Cheers days. 

So I think he's in the Richard Lewis range. Larry acknowledged once having a camera placed to emphasize Richard's bald spot, because he was always jealous of prime Richard Lewis's luxurious mane. 

5 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Will there be a 12th season? I'm thinking LD should quit with CYE now and move on to something else.

My gut feeling is that there will be one more season. Garlin has said (prior to Garlin's recent bad press) he thinks Larry has one more in him, but not two. But something I like about the show is that every season finale would work well as a series finale. 

If this is where it stops, I'll remember it as one of the great sitcoms for most of its run, and still watchable at the end. 

(Season ranking: 3, 2, 1, 7, 8, 6, 5, 4, 10, 9, 11.)

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Hmmm, it wasn’t great but it wasn’t terrible either. I mean it ended with how it started, I suppose.

I think Leon was probably in his best form, he had me rolling with every interaction he had with Irma. It’s a shame he got screwed in the end. Ted Danson in that ridiculous skull cap and pot belly was the other laugh out loud moment; there’s no way that a handsome man like Ted, who would never sit in the ugly section of a restaurant, would ever allow himself to look like that on camera.

Also am I imagining things, or was the Mormon mistress Heidi Gardner from SNL? I could only see her from behind. You could barely see her. Was her part cut down for time?

Edited by Not4Me
  • Love 2

I was disappointed with this.

It certainly had some funny moments, like total penis awareness, and Larry stealing shoes from the Holocaust museum, and Susie pointing out that Leon jizzed on her monogrammed towels.

But after all of that build-up with Marcos and Maria Sofia and Irma, I expected a conclusion that was a lot more satisfying than Larry falling into a pool and Irma falling off the wagon.

Thee timing of things didn't make sense, either. Why did Larry think the success of his plan would hinge on whether he successfully stole Vindman's letter to the head councilman? Wasn't the councilman already at the meeting where the vote took place? 

I could understand Larry wanting to prevent the councilman from seeing the letter, so that the councilman wouldn't have grounds to publicly criticize Larry after the fact. But Larry seemed to think that securing the letter meant that he could rest assured that the law would be repealed.

• Love 2

There's really no reason for Leon to be anywhere, but JB is so hilarious with only a few lines. 'Stockholm tappin'. 

I know Susie and Jeff knew the line was coming about 'sampling the wares,' but they both looked like they were going to break. Susie even turned her head. 

I like Larry's asides, 'So you know about the party?' 'yes, I know about it, I'm going to it.' 

20 hours ago, aghst said:

The Mormon Advantage.

I'm all in for LDS jokes. The multiple wives is low hanging fruit, but I'm still going to laugh. 

I liked the whole running gag about roping off the chair. Everyone just riffing was great. I think I liked the Cagney & Lacy best. Larry should have roped off the bathroom. 

One thing Larry is really great at, and this totally works; just make the apology, even if you don't think it's that big a deal. It is *amazing* what you get off. Not that you should do something bad and then just apologize. 

I certainly agree with Larry about the fence law, but even if it got repealed, it was a law when this whole mess started, so I don't know how that would solve Larry's problem with the show. 

Wow, I totally wasn't expecting the new Mary to scame Larry.

12 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Leon also offering to put some highway miles on Susie's vaj.

The 'highway miles' was a brilliant callback, and just so Leon. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, DoctorAtomic said:

One thing Larry is really great at, and this totally works; just make the apology, even if you don't think it's that big a deal. It is *amazing* what you get off. Not that you should do something bad and then just apologize. 

I agree.  A lot of times, that's what someone wants.  

9 minutes ago, DoctorAtomic said:

The 'highway miles' was a brilliant callback, and just so Leon. 

What was the callback?

9 minutes ago, DoctorAtomic said:

I certainly agree with Larry about the fence law, but even if it got repealed, it was a law when this whole mess started, so I don't know how that would solve Larry's problem with the show. 

I don't agree with him.  Isn't the law specifically for children, to protect them?  Or that's where my mind goes when I hear about it.

10 minutes ago, DoctorAtomic said:

Wow, I totally wasn't expecting the new Mary to scame Larry.

What was this?

13 hours ago, aghst said:

Irma moved out of Larry's house but there's no reason she can't come back as a repeat or recurring character.

Did she? I thought that was only in Larry's fantasy.

19 hours ago, Simon Boccanegra said:

I like Cheryl, but is there anything more Cheryl than being the gentile at the Holocaust museum telling two Jews that they need to watch their language and show some respect? 

But consider who she was talking to.  One of them was minutes away from stealing shoes from a Holocaust victim.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

What was the callback? A

I don't agree with him.  Isn't the law specifically for children, to protect them?  Or that's where my mind goes when I hear about it. B

What was this? C

A: When Larry first explained to Leon Luscious why he was having sexual intercourse with Irma, Leon lectured him about bad/city miles on his Johnson. 

B: I agree that it will protect children. And the elderly. And the impaired.

C: I think @DoctorAtomic meant “scam Leon.” Mary Ferguson #4 con-artisted Leon into putting her in possession of one Mary Ferguson airline ticket to China. She easily found someone else she’d rather travel with.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

B: I agree that it will protect children. And the elderly. And the impaired.

Doesn't Larry have gates, a wall, etc. around his mansion?  That's the other way he could have taken it - he'd "rope off" his place, especially since he was burglarized, and the other residents would have been pissed about him turning his place into a fortress with much more visible security measures.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1

I meant scam Leon. 

5 hours ago, cambridgeguy said:

Doesn't Larry have gates, a wall, etc. around his mansion? 

I'm not seeing a case where Larry would be having children over his house, and you know he'd rip into the parents for not watching their child. 

It's not like you walk out of the house and right into the pool. I think you can stay well enough away from the pool if you're personally worried about falling in. 

• Love 1
On 12/26/2021 at 11:59 AM, StatisticalOutlier said:

Thank you! Larry’s walk has been the subject of some discussion in our house and both my husband and I will occasionally try to emulate it when we’re out and about and in the mood. He seems to think there’s a hip sway in there and I disagree and see the lean-back. It’s a casual, relaxed gait that does project some confidence. I noticed it a few years ago, and if I remember correctly, he does move his arms a bit, but not big wide swings.

It’s odd because I can’t think of anyone else on the show that I’ve noticed their stride, but Larry’s has stood out to me for a good while. Really when I think of it, Larry has a rather languid way of being-the way he sits, the way he stands during golf-he seems quite comfortable in his own skin.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

C: I think @DoctorAtomic meant “scam Leon.” Mary Ferguson #4 con-artisted Leon into putting her in possession of one Mary Ferguson airline ticket to China. She easily found someone else she’d rather travel with.

Oh my god.  That's right.  I missed that.  Thank you for the answers.

2 hours ago, DoctorAtomic said:

I meant scam Leon. 

I understood what you meant, I just didn't remember how she did it.

2 hours ago, DoctorAtomic said:

I'm not seeing a case where Larry would be having children over his house, and you know he'd rip into the parents for not watching their child. 

No - I mean children (Or elderly or the impaired as mentioned above) who might wander into your backyard.  Not guests.  I always thought the intent of the law was to protect children who might wander into the next backyard.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, DoctorAtomic said:

This has bugged me because I'm not sure about retroactivity of a repeal.  For example, if people were fined under that ordinance would they get their money back after it's repealed?  I wouldn't think so, but I don't know.

But this isn't a fine--he's being sued in civil court.  And if he's being sued for negligence for not having a fence, perhaps the fact that the fence requirement was repealed could be used as evidence that his actions weren't negligent.

That said, I'm not sure he was noncompliant anyway, since Santa Monica's ordinance says "The swimming pool or spa, or the entire parcel on which it is located, shall be walled or fenced from the street or from adjacent properties."  I would find it hard to believe you can access Larry David's back yard without going through a gate (or through the house).

http://www.qcode.us/codes/santamonica/view.php?topic=9-3-9_21-9_21_160&frames=on

But speaking of going through the house to get to the pool, Phoenix requires both external and internal barriers, and if the house itself is part of the internal barrier (i.e., there isn't a fence that completely surrounds the pool itself), the doors that lead directly to the pool have to be self-closing and self-latching.  There's an exception to the internal barrier requirement for pools permitted before 1990 if everyone in the house is over 6 years old, and latches have to be a certain height (in Santa Monica, too), so it's all about protecting children.

https://www.phoenix.gov/housingsite/Pages/inspectionsD_031194.aspx

Which might be another defense in a civil suit for negligence--the harm was not done to the people the ordinance was intended to protect. 

Then again, this is a teevee show and not a documentary. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

Or nothing ever comes of that Young Larry show.

Contrast with the Seinfeld reunion in season 7 is interesting.

The table read, looked like everyone was into it and it was funnier Seinfeld because LD wrote it and incorporated all the things which had happened on CYE like taking the hooker on the commuter lane to get to a baseball game.

Edited by aghst
On 12/27/2021 at 10:55 AM, sugarbaker design said:

He had a bald spot when he was on Cheers.  It may have progressed since then.

That was hilarious!

I think it was in the second or third-last episode of Cheers, they revealed that Sam Malone wore a toupee, so Danson revealed his actual hair.

• Useful 1
On 12/20/2021 at 12:04 PM, Ms Blue Jay said:

Was the antique shop owner not willing to sell the vase AT ALL or just not to Jeff and Larry?  Because Larry could have sent Susie into the shop, or anyone else.

I don't like seeing Jeff either.

So I don't really think Garlin did anything "fireable" tbh, I just think he's a complete throwback who can't accept that his humor has run its course for most people except maybe junior high school boys.   HAHAHA a man saying vagina is hilarious LOLOL.  Except not to any adult with a shred of a real sense of humor or emotional intelligence. 

A nice "as told to" piece from Susie Essman on the fashion choices of Susie Greene, differences between Real Susie and Show Susie, and the odds for a season 12. Sample: "In the first season, the Greene’s house was very stark and modern with black leather furniture. Susie was screaming and yelling and cursing in her first scene. I remember thinking, This woman takes chances. She thinks she has the greatest taste in the entire world and listens to no one—no decorator, no stylist, no one. She doesn’t see any demarcations—it’s all part of her personality: big, take-no-prisoners, no second thoughts. She’s completely secure about every opinion and every choice, especially when it comes to fashion."

https://www.elle.com/fashion/a38594852/susie-essman-curb-your-enthusiasm-style-interview/

I think the scene she's remembering as Susie's first was in "The Wire," when she lets Jeff have it because the underprivileged kid he took in stole from them. That was the first taste of the Susie we all know. In her real first scene (episode 1, "The Pants Tent"), she was downright sweet.

• Love 1
22 hours ago, Simon Boccanegra said:

A nice "as told to" piece from Susie Essman on the fashion choices of Susie Greene, differences between Real Susie and Show Susie, and the odds for a season 12. 

My immediate thought was, "Please let there be some differences between the fashion choices of Show Susie and Real Susie."  Tracey Ullman's doing a nice job of being repellent, but I have to hand it to Susie for being willing to strut around so confidently in those heinous outfits.

• Love 4

We loved he finale and thought it was hilarious-so many great lines. And I’m satisfied that it ended as it began, which is someone ending up in someone else’s pool because they’re where they shouldn’t be. I don’t expect closure from Curb; it’s not an average sitcom. If there’s a season 12 I kind of expect they’ll start with something new and at best, Young Larry will get a throwaway line. Consider Larry’s Lattes and the restaurant; it’s a seasonal plot line show and I’m fine with that.

And Susie’s wardrobe gets crazier by the season and I’m all in for that. The knit jumpsuit or tracksuit or whatever she was wearing was damned amazing. I’d love to dress as her for Halloween.

• Love 3

LA County also has the same fence requirement.  Also his home owner's insurance  likely will have some sort of fence requirement too.   However the man who drowned had "unclean hands" and his relatives likely could not sue.

I finally got to watch the last episode. I didn't really care for the Maria Sophia plotline so I hope it doesn't continue. Irma cracked me up. I would actually like to see Young Larry be a thing, with Lily Collins! I wonder if Ted Danson called her up and asked her to do it. Fun fact: Lily is married to Charlie McDowell who is the son of Mary Steenburgen and Malcolm McDowell. So Ted Danson is Lily's stepfather-in-law.

• Useful 4
  • Love 2