Type keyword(s) to search

My Gift Is Prophecy: Spoilers, Speculation and Wishlist

Raja

My first wish, now that the Stan Lee cameo is in, is for a second link to the movie verse. With the X-Men "away" and probably no chance to get one last appearance out of Hugh Jackman then I would like to see Rebecca Romijn's Mystique in a role like Samuel L. Jackson's Nick Fury did in the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D first season

I wish that the FOX owned Marvel could start to interact with the MCU proper (a la S:H).

A nod or two to the incident in New York, the Sokovia accords, Infinity Stones, StarLord, Pym Industries, etc. etc.

I sincerely doubt I'll get my wish considering there are hordes of attorneys waiting and watching for any infringement of intellectual property, but a girl can dream. 

14 minutes ago, AngelKitty said:

I just read this was renewed on a website called renewcanceltv.

This isn't exactly a reliable site. They certainly make educated guesses on if a show is renewed or not, and they do report renewals as they come. But some of their information is not entirely accurate, and unless it gets reported by other news sites, I tend to not believe them. They've said a bunch of shows have been cancelled when the networks most likely haven't made a decision, and probably won't until the new year. It may be likely to be renewed, but it's not officially renewed. 

• Love 1

X-MEN PRODUCER WELCOMES AVENGERS–X-MEN CROSSOVER, WEIGHS IN ON HOLLYWOOD HARASSMENT
by Fred Topel | January 5, 2018 
https://editorial.rottentomatoes.com/article/x-men-producer-lauren-shuler-donner-on-avengers-x-men-and-hollywood-harassment/

Lauren Shuler Donner, who produced all the X-Men movies, is executive producer on TV shows The Gifted and Legion, and will surely have some say in the franchise’s next steps, offered fans a ray of hope.
Fox just announced it was renewing The Gifted for a second season. The X-Men series centers on the Mutant Underground, on the run from Sentinel Services. Season 1 has been a lot of running and fighting. Season 2 is going to have time to see if the Mutant Underground can get along with each other.

“Hopefully season 2 will let us explore a little bit more their own conflicts and the interdynamics, where they’re going,” Shuler Donner said. “You’ll see what happens in the final episode.”

Don’t get too excited about all the Trask Industries logos around the sets of The Gifted, though. Comic book readers recognize the company, but Trask Industries namesake Bolivar Trask already appeared in an X-Men movie, played by Peter Dinklage in Days of Future Past. The character will not appear on The Gifted.

“Basically we don’t want what you see in the movies to come into the TV show,” Shuler Donner said. “We want our own world. Yes, it’s Trask Industries, but no, he’s not going to show up.”

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

One wish is for them to start writing for Amy Acker to exploit her talents as a cold-blooded killer a la PoI's Root.  My most fervent wish is that they never, ever, ever dream up a character for Stephen Moyer's real-life wife Anna Paquin to play.   That would make me violently ill. 

• Love 1
On 1/17/2018 at 4:33 AM, navelgazer said:

One wish is for them to start writing for Amy Acker to exploit her talents as a cold-blooded killer a la PoI's Root.  My most fervent wish is that they never, ever, ever dream up a character for Stephen Moyer's real-life wife Anna Paquin to play.   That would make me violently ill. 

She’s already Rogue in the movie franchise, so they technically wouldn’t have to dream up anything.

2 hours ago, bow said:

She’s already Rogue in the movie franchise, so they technically wouldn’t have to dream up anything.

Paquin's version of Rogue took the cure, though, at least in that timeline. 

With the new season of The Gifted on the way, I know you have something to get me excited! What will make my jaw drop? –Keith
Caitlin channeling a chiseled Sarah Connor sends my jaw south, and it sounds like we’ll get a bit of that. As Amy Acker told me the other day, “We got the script for the first episode [of Season 2], and it said ‘Six months later, Caitlin’s face is hardened by grief, her body is hardened by six months of intense training’ — and I was like, ‘Uhhhh… someone could have mentioned that to me!,” seeing as she only had five days to get pumping some iron. As for the now-infamous rumor of Caitlin swinging some steel, “That has yet to come to fruition,” Acker clarified. “But I paid for sword-fighting lessons, so I feel like we’ve got to do something, right?”

https://tvline.com/2018/08/14/ncis-los-angeles-season-10-spoilers-deeks-dead-or-alive/

Big time jumps is a cheap way to escape problems, like how the Mutant Underground gets itself restarted. 

The real thing about the Mutant Underground is that they essentially are working for the government, serving up the bodies of evil mutants for meal tickets. As police assets they should be getting paid, and living much more comfortable lives. Lauren can shut off arteries, meaning she would be an ideal assassin for SHIELD/HYDRA or the CIA. Without some sort of deals with the powers that be, there really isn't any safety for mutants being offered by the Mutant Underground. There's just the moral purity of non-violent resistance+violent opposition to mutants who are not non-violent with humans. I'm not feeling the hero worship for this. I'm not quite sure what the point of the MU really is.

The thing about the Hellfire Club is that they are about the top mutants joining the rest of the ruling class, they way they feel they should. As such they should be making alliances with fellow top dogs. Tony Stark should be invited to the Inner Circle (I gather even the comics knew this?) If we want to stick with cheap actors, Carmen Guerra would be an ideal candidate. Then we could have tri-angst! The whole we want to conquer the world, but secretly because it's easier that way, doesn't make you feel like rooting for the Hellfire Club. Why watch?

On the family drama, the question is why Lauren hangs with Mom and Dad. I'm pretty sure she's active, judging from the smirks on her and Wes' face in the Fairburn ep. (And Andy said so explicitly about Jack, and he would likely know.) There's not really any contribution from Reed and Caitlin. None of them actually like Andy, so why would they try to get him back? Lauren is so perfect she isn't tempted by Fenris, unlike the contemptible Andy. Marcos has the problem that he's rejected the assassin, and Lorna will always be the assassin. So unless his story is custodial kidnapping, I'm not sure what's up. Marcos will not join Lorna, because only nonviolent mutants who will kill violent mutants are acceptable.

The show did a lot of foreshadowing, which made the season end really well, with a true dramatic climax, where people made meaningful choices that actually changed things. The usual pattern for serialized shows is to spin their wheels undoing them, like getting Polaris "back," or by taking off on tangents while leaving the consequences unexplored. Which is after all another way of undoing the drama. Even if they then somehow work out some sort of histrionics where basically things get repeated, where Andy has come back to the family, then leaves again, repetition weakens the effect. 

There is the possibility that Andy would want to find out where Andreas and Andrea went, or who his great-grandmother was, but it seems really unlikely the show would give such agency to a male juvenile. But the goal that the characters should be pursuing, a goal that binds the episodes into a story line, finding out where the X-Men went, will almost certainly not happen. It ties into the larger Marvel universe. Tom Holland and Percy Hynes White were in a movie together, and that's about as close as TV Marvel and the real Marvel will ever get.