Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E03: The Relaxation Integration

On 10/9/2017 at 8:35 PM, Spartan Girl said:

I loved the multiple aspects of Sheldon's personality at the end. I would watch a whole episode of that.

The "Council of Sheldons".  Honestly, I would rather watch a TV show about that than Young Sheldon, but that would be too much work for Jim Parsons.  Reminded me a lot of the Council of Ricks from Rick and Morty, but that concept goes back way farther than that.

On 10/9/2017 at 9:15 PM, BooksRule said:

I loved this:

Sheldon:  'Why can't there just be one week each month for famous people to die?'  Amy: 'Well, they've already arranged to die in threes.  What more do you want?'  

Thought that was funny also.  This is a more sobering thought, but since it was famous people saying it, I wonder if they've ever thought about what other two celebrities they might get matched up with?

• Love 4
On October 10, 2017 at 0:55 AM, Snarklepuss said:

I think the show is teasing us because it has to KNOW we're all hoping Raj gets his head out of his ass one of these days, but noooo, he's still acting exactly the same way as always and defeating himself.  Hopefully the perfect pot to his cover will come along and turn him into a likable human being.  I know a lot of people have already given up on that but I'm a hopeless romantic and still holding the torch for that!

I hope this is the girl for Raj, too. They gave him the half-assed redemption arc, so let him have the girl and end the series with Raj's big fat Indian wedding. 

On October 10, 2017 at 7:04 PM, MissLucas said:

They really, really need to stop the sad-sack writing for Raj and Howard. Not only is their behavior creepy and pathetic it's also boring. They both have interesting professional backgrounds. Remember when Raj was actually doing astronomy stuff (and not just mentioning it as a pick-up line)?

Yup, and he got written up in Time for being one of the "30 under 30" top professionals or something. But we're supposed to believe he was broke and spent all his money on... sweater vests and comic books, I guess?

• Love 2

Personally I'd rather themjust have Raj accept that maybe he's going to be single.  They could write it that he has the realization that maybe you don't have to be married or in a relationship to be happy.  Knowing Lorre though this won't happen.  He loves to have pathetic loser characters on his shows and right now he's got two of them.

Edited by BlossomCulp
  • Love 5
On 10/10/2017 at 8:44 AM, TigerLynx said:

Raj and Stuart are pathetic.  In the first few seasons of the show, I detested Howard, but somehow while Sheldon and Howard have grown a little, Raj and Stuart are devolving.

I’ve said it before but they completely ruined Stuart’s character. Remember when he went out with Penny? Now he’s completely unfunny and uninteresting.

• Love 7
On 10/11/2017 at 4:48 AM, Zahdii said:

I like the idea of Amy asking Sheldon if he'd wear Star Trek underware and T-shirt under the tux until most of the photo's were taken, then switch to a formal ...

If the tux is going to be rented, Sheldon will be wearing long underwear, so if there's such a thing as Star Trek longjohns that might work. 

Edited by welnoc
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, LaChavalina said:

Yup, and he got written up in Time for being one of the "30 under 30" top professionals or something. But we're supposed to believe he was broke and spent all his money on... sweater vests and comic books, I guess?

Don't forget the collectibles and gadgetry he likes.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, rmontro said:

The "Council of Sheldons".  Honestly, I would rather watch a TV show about that than Young Sheldon, but that would be too much work for Jim Parsons.  Reminded me a lot of the Council of Ricks from Rick and Morty, but that concept goes back way farther than that.

My first memory of something like that was "Herman's Head" in the early 90's, but it probably goes back even further than that.

I would absolutely watch Council of Sheldons over Young Sheldon. Jim Parsons is a treasure.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Accidental Martyr said:

I’ve said it before but they completely ruined Stuart’s character. Remember when he went out with Penny?

So Leonard, how are you enjoying Anything Can Happen Thursday?

• Love 4
On 10/10/2017 at 1:58 PM, LoneHaranguer said:

Sheldon idolizes Spock and TOS uniforms aren't very bulky. If he's going to be wearing the informal uniform we've occasionally seen, it's not much different than a sleeved t-shirt. In the more likely case that he goes with a formal uniform, he can wear it in place of a dress shirt, with an appropriately colored tux and skip the tie; the gold trim will make it a little flashy, but that's his taste in clothing, as demonstrated when Penny helped him pick out a suit back in S3.

3 hours ago, welnoc said:

If the tux is going to be rented, Sheldon will be wearing long underwear, so if there's such a thing as Star Trek longjohns that might work. 

I agree!  No way would Sheldon let rented clothing touch his skin. So Star Trek uniform under the tux makes sense.

• Love 2
On 10/10/2017 at 7:13 PM, meep.meep said:

For the pictures!  You don't want to have a lovely shot with everyone else coordinated and one fool in a Star Trek uniform.

Amy looks like she is already wearing her Star Trek uniform under her clothing.  I will never understand why they put so many garments on her.  In real life Mayim may be modest, but she doesn't look stuffed.  Amy always wears a sweater, with a vest and a button down shirt under that, and it looks like at least 3 T shirts under that.

I saw an interview with Mayim.  They do it to make her look heavier and dowdy.

7 hours ago, LoneHaranguer said:

That was the just the first time. Stuart did a little better on his second date with her.

Not really, since Penny called Leonard's name while they were making out.  But I guess they were at least making out (not that great a feat with Penny in those days lol).

3 hours ago, AEMom said:

I saw an interview with Mayim.  They do it to make her look heavier and dowdy.

Yeah, they like to completely obliterate her figure. And she herself insists on not using hair extensions to fill out her hair, so it always looks thinner and limper than Penny and Bernadette's hair.

This whole episode we saw Amy being the one thing the other female characters for the most part aren't: a scientist who applies her work to the world around her. (Bernadette at this point is basically just there to make jokes about harmful drugs and germ strains.) I would love it if she brought her sciencey side to the wedding (ngl, as soon as I heard about wedding dates I shouted "Pi DAY!" but then I looked it up and March 14 2018 is a Wednesday). I'm thinking numbers and/or equations embroidered on her wedding dress (especially of course 73), or make the lace of her veil look like fluffy brains. You can tell how much Amy loves her work and I want to see that reflected in her wedding.

• Love 1
On October 11, 2017 at 4:48 AM, Zahdii said:

I like the idea of Amy asking Sheldon if he'd wear Star Trek underware and T-shirt under the tux until most of the photo's were taken, then switch to a formal
Star Trek uniform for a few pictures.  Maybe she'd also switch to an appropriate Star Trek outfit. 

Then have a Star Trek-themed reception, costumes optional for the guests.  When people arrive at the venue, have a Star Trek ensign waiting outside to inform the guests that at the request of the bride and groom, the Holodeck has been programmed for a typical Old Earth Wedding Reception, circa 2018.  Have the doors slide open with the requisite opening and closing sounds.  People are announced by Howard or Leonard in Klingon.

A three piece band plays regular music with a few Star Trek pieces thrown in.  Make sure Sheldon's Thermin is there so he can sit in for the theme song of the original Star Trek. 

When all the guests have arrived, Sheldon and Amy arrive via Transporter.  (Howard will use his magician's knowledge to make this happen.)

Have the wait staff dressed appropriately and let them approach several Food Replicators inset into a false wall separating the dining area from the kitchen area to get the food delivered in the Star Trek (Next Generation and beyond) way.  Later on the guests can approach Beverage Replicators to request beverages that the hidden bartender will make up for them.

Sheldon and Amy will knock everyone out with their fantastic first dance, set to a lovely tune played in the Star Trek style.  When they're ready to leave, they will leave the Old Earth way and take a Limo to start out on that quaint old tradition of a honeymoon.

For the honeymoon they'd take off on a train, maybe even one with sleeper cars (Amy, don't forget to pack Sheldon that sexy train engineers costume you once daydreamed about).  Stay the next night somewhere that Amy likes and Sheldon can at least tolerate.  During the day, try to find things that they both like or take turns deciding what to do for the day or switch off every few hours.  Another train trip home and it's done.

I could totally see Amy agreeing to a Star Trek themed wedding reception if Sheldon agrees to a Little House on the Prairie themed honeymoon. The honeymoon will involve trains, so Sheldon will be happy. 

On ‎10‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 11:56 PM, Sarah 103 said:

There's an episode of Friends where Joey and Ross are competing for the same woman, and they keep poking at the other (Ross brings Joey's PSA for STD awareness, Joey mentions Ross's ex-wives, and so on).

I thought of that, too - I also started singing "Morning's here, morning is here..." when Sheldon was playing that Chuck Mangione song! Lots of Friends flashbacks!

On 10/10/2017 at 10:07 AM, AriAu said:

Ok, that line wasn't bad, nor was Bernie throughout, but it did not make up for the pain of watching Raj and Stewart, who by the way is looking really old.

The black shoe polish hair dye sure doesn’t help. It look obvious and desperate.