Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Frankie Drake Mysteries

I'm surprised the morality police didn't arrest Frankie for those skinny pants she was wearing out on the street.  They really looked ridiculous for that era. Wide pant legs would have looked great and far more suitable.

Sounds like Flo is not far off becoming a doctor.  As usual, it's Flo and Mary who really make the show good.

• Like 1

I was cringing at Mary listening in on the calls but the payoff was great! The whole episode kinda dragged for me. Just wasn't into the story at all. Was better than Murdoch, though.

• Like 1

Sad episode.  Too bad they couldn't get rid of Jake altogether, instead of just moving him from Toronto to Vancouver.

More and more I want to see the Flo & Mary show. I think Flo would be a gas to hang out with.

Trudy seems to barely have an impact these days and I just don't like the Frankie character. 

• Like 1

A well done episode. Did notice they needed to add a "not all men" coda so they wouldn't get ripped apart. I did like that we got a see a moment where Frankie wasn't in control. I loved all the Flo and Mary scenes. Nice that there was some sense of justice but just like real life, not solving the problem. Maybe some eyes get opened watching this.

• Like 1

I think I've just seen too much real life politics to get invested in this story.

It was good to hear Trudy singing again.

12 hours ago, Trey said:

I liked this episode.  I wonder if Debussy really did stay in or around Toronto. 

My roommate did some research after we watched it and we determined that he wasn't here. Another musician is listed as introducing Debussy to the city. 

I realize that I didn't comment on last week's episode but I really liked it. It was nice to see Trudy with other people who mattered to her besides her mother and the gals. And I'm always up for a cool political story.

This week was lovely. I've been doing work for Music Toronto for that last five years and that has given me an appreciation of classical music and of violinists. Now my nephew plays the instrument. So this episode was catnip for me. And it was nice to see a side of Nora that wasn't trying to play an angle and was just enjoying life. Also great to see Mary finding confidence and Flo kicking ass.

• Like 2

A good season finale.  I hope they get another season.

I am glad things worked out for Flo, even if it was in such a weird way 🙄

Joe Perry sure is a cutie!

And Patrick McKenna is becoming as ubiquitous as Colin Mochrie on Canadian shows. But that's a good thing.

I loved the scene in the bar where Joe pulls out a gun, the guy who's after him pulls out a gun and then everyone pulls out a gun.

Edited by Trey
  • Like 1

It was a lot of fun, although things looked very dicey there for a bit, especially for Flo. Loved that Frankie fenced the earrings for a trip for all of them - such a great way to end the season. Hope they're back!

• Like 1

On 10/25/2019 at 11:58 PM, marina to said:

So Season 2 we’re like, ‘OK, maybe we’ll try a wig.’ Right. That again added about an hour and a half to my day each day, and you’re already dealing with it a 14-hour day. That’s a lot of extra time to add to a day. And also, we were very limited in terms of how I could move with it, and if you’d be able to see it. It was one of those things where everyone’s like, ‘You know, you’re naturally a blonde. We’d love you as a blonde.’

There is nothing remotely natural about that platinum, so that seems like an extremely odd justification. And I am skeptical that it is any less effort to maintain (or less damaging to the hair).

On 12/3/2019 at 9:08 AM, Trey said:

And Patrick McKenna is becoming as ubiquitous as Colin Mochrie on Canadian shows. But that's a good thing.

I realized watching Colin on MM last night that CBC is trying to build a star system, something actors have been complaining about for decades. They get on a hit show and they they use them as much as possible on their other shows (Also thinking Gary Dee.) Only seems to be for men though.