Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E03: Third Wave Water, Fidgetland, Tangle Pets, Enso Rings

• Start Topic

On 10/10/2017 at 10:15 AM, mjc570 said:

Every classroom has attention -challenged kids, (or just fidgety ones)  and these things are small and discreet (unlike the fidget spinners).   

That's the advantage I saw, less distracting then the spinners.  I have a co-worker who uses a spinner a lot, and it's really distracting.  

I mostly like Barbara, but the "cougar" stuff is getting over the top. If one of the guys said to two women "now come here and give me a double hug" or whatever she said after that deal, people would be ticked. And she's gone off on the guys for alleged demeaning of some women on the show. Pick a lane!

The rings...my husband is a news photographer, we've been married for many years. Recently we bought one of those rings because his wedding ring was causing dryness at the base of his finger. After he wore it a week, he said he loves it even more because his camera handle used to crush against the ring and his finger. The silicone doesn't do that. My daughter then bought one to replace her engagement ring as she works in the corrections field and one for her fiancé as he's in the construction field. I think they're a good investment. 

• Love 1

I got myself a fidget spinner a few weeks ago at the recommendation of a coworker.  I have no idea if it annoys other coworkers or not, but I find it very calming.  I don't have ADD (to the best of my knowledge, anyway), but when things get stressful, I find it kind of meditative.  I was actually looking at the Fidgetland product on Amazon, because I would like to have something that's not as distracting to my patients, but it seems fairly expensive for what it is.  And he was right, a LOT of people have ripped him off.

Lori:  "I have a lot of familiarity with silicone..."

Me:  "I can tell."

I love coffee.  I was a barista in college, but I bowed to an incredibly busy lifestyle and a spouse who doesn't drink coffee, broke down, and bought a Keurig.  It does not taste appreciably different to me.  I can sort of understand Robert and Lori's confusion, and I honestly thought it was too goddamn many steps.  And I don't believe for a second that it was a fair head-to-head taste test, because I'm sure he went out of his way to make the tap water version taste bad.

I didn't think the brush woman needed a fidget spinner, I thought she needed a tranq gun.

• Love 3

Am I the only one that didn't think brush woman was that bad? I thought she was funny.  Sure she could have toned it down a notch, but it was her one time to sell and she's a salesperson by trade.

Also, I think the angle on the brush that would have interested me with my kid would be that she would be the one using the brush.  The focus seemed to be on getting the kid to enjoy mom brushing her hair, but for my kid, I had a struggle with her actually brushing her own hair when she was in elementary school.  Bugged the shit out of me.  Maybe if there had been some fun brush, she might've actually gotten into the habit.  Fortunately, kiddo is 15 and is all about hair and makeup now!

• Love 1
21 hours ago, sasha206 said:

Am I the only one that didn't think brush woman was that bad? I thought she was funny.  Sure she could have toned it down a notch, but it was her one time to sell and she's a salesperson by trade.

I don't think she was that bad if it was on purpose. And her comment indicated that at least partially it was. I do however think she needed an off mode, because that's way too much quirkiness to have across from me in an accounting meeting.