Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E24: There's A New Team In Town Part 2

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

The Irreplaceables and The ALDC go head-to-head at competition for the first time. Abby's team competes a fan-favorite group number while the older girls shock the audience with a mature routine that causes an uproar from Abby and her minions.

Maybe if you walk away from a fight it's not because you can't win, but because you're a grown woman and don't want to roll in the muck with a bunch of trashy bitches. If I never see Jill Camille, Christie or Kira again, then yay. these elite team moms just don't get it that their kids are mediocre at best (save perhaps Kalani, though she hasn't been very graceful in awhile). I honestly think Brynn and the Ana's are far more talented and am sad that Brynn has left the show, as I love seeing her dance. But good for her and for Ashley for putting her best interests first. And as horrible as Abby has been at times, these "elite" girls would have been nowhere without her.

• Love 9

@meatball77 Right? The banned "fan dance" episode where they appeared to be totally nude at 8-13 years old was much, much worse. I thought of that one immediately when Abby thinly used that excuse to run out.

I thought the burlesque dance was performed well but I did side eye a bit. The asses hanging out of the high cut bottoms was a bit much.

Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 1

The dance the older girls did was just horrible. Lifetime tried to make it look better than it was. Just go on Youtube and see the full dance unedited. Very sloppy and the timing was off.

Edited by MoonWalker
  • Love 2

Abby and her - I made these girls so much money - really bothers me.  The SHOW made them money, Abby.  You had a studio in a broke-ass parking lot, and needed Melissa's married lover to bail you out.  The show is titled Dance Moms, not Dance Teacher, not Abby Lee's Show.  And yes, the shows named after you lasted only 1-2 seasons . . . . . because you're not the draw.  Ugh.  It bothers me every time she starts this BS up.  Also, there's a reason that the moms aren't going to jail but Abby is - she's a liar and a thief.  

"Those are definitely not the dancers that I raised them to be."  Why no, Abby, they're not.  You sent pre-pubescent girls out performing burlesque, and giving the impression they were nude.  You sent them out there to be drooled over by pedophiles.  Your own show caught so much heat they didn't rerun the episode (or so I've read).  You had Mack out they're bumping and grinding like a pre-pubescent version of an ass shaker in a hip hop video.  You do not own the high ground here.  

• Love 6

I get where Abby is coming from when she says she made them so much money. She has been the real draw of the show whether you love her or hate her. She taught the girls, her personality catapulted the show from mediocre and without her the Moms would have nothing to gripe about. Not to talk about her (& Gia's) choreography which on the whole has been really good and memorable.

She took a bunch of below average dancers and made them somewhat great and that is no mean feat. Nia, for instance, has no innate ability but can at least cobble some steps together. & Kendall who has no expression can at least turn and keep up. Hell, she even convinced us that Maddie was the next best thing since sliced bread despite her lack of flexibility and not so great feet. Brynn and Kalani have really shown us what great dancers look like. I won't critique Chloe yet as she is no longer a real dancer - her mother put paid to that with her venom. Why is Christi back - she is nothing but spite & hate with a face now to match.

The "burlesque" dance this week was terrible. Those girls puppies were popping out all over the place. they have, with the exception of Camryn, become so heavy and thick they are not pleasant to watch. 

Edited by glowing28
  • Love 8

I understand Abby's perspective too.  I have empathy for her feeling used with some of her dancers, I get it.  I wish people could see the whole picture of Abby like Brynn, but sometimes hurting or ungrateful people can't.   Abby was not a balanced character with the good and bad traits.   She is a victim of the character she created that got many people tuning in to love to hate.   I think the show would have not lasted as long without key characters like Abby and Maddie.  Abby was a crucial part of this show, so crucial the Abby's storyline does not end when she's not around.  She left her mark on Dance Moms.  I think the girls would have not gotten the attention without Abby's antics on the show, and for some of the girls Abby knew how to make them shine with dance and promoting them.   

Edited by DaisyFields500
  • Love 10

Ugh. The older girls had trouble with that simple routine. They look flabby and out of shape, with attitudes to match. How many of their new choreographers have to tell them how lazy and mediocre they are, before they catch on? And afterwards, they're all, "Hey we're awesome, yay." Really? Who would want to work with them in RL? And their harpy mothers literally chasing people around to bully them? WTH? GO AWAY, HARPY MOTHERS. And take your entitled brats with you. Bye.

The younger girls really have the makings of a good team. Some real talent there.

• Love 11
7 hours ago, MoonWalker said:

This whole Abby being "scared" of Christi/Chloe and Christi's attempts to make the viewers believe so, is beyond stupid.  The Lukasiaks obviously have a restraining order against Abby, so they need to move past that lame storyline. 

They do? On what grounds? I'm not trying to be disagreeable, I just thought there had to be violence or threat of violence against someone to have a restraining order granted & I hadn't heard of any.

Edited by Daisy head
31 minutes ago, OhSnap said:

Ugh. The older girls had trouble with that simple routine. They look flabby and out of shape, with attitudes to match. How many of their new choreographers have to tell them how lazy and mediocre they are, before they catch on? And afterwards, they're all, "Hey we're awesome, yay." Really? Who would want to work with them in RL? And their harpy mothers literally chasing people around to bully them? WTH? GO AWAY, HARPY MOTHERS. And take your entitled brats with you. Bye.

The younger girls really have the makings of a good team. Some real talent there.

SO SO SO much this!

• Love 3

Did I honestly hear Jill call Ashlee a coward because she would not engage in an argument in the parking lot in front of all of the kids? I despise every single one of the "Irreplaceable" (snort) moms, including Dr. Holly.  I hope she doesn't plan on going back to academia when this is over.  I, for one, would want no part of any school who would hire this nasty shrew who has made money disparaging children.  I know the moms work every newcomer over, which is bad enough, but I feel like they were especially cruel to not just Ashlee, but Brynn as well. At least when Jill - who is NOT an original, despite how that idiot would like to revise history - Kira, and the mini moms came on their kids were largely spared the wrath of the ignorant bully moms.  At least to their faces.  Poor Brynn was yelled at and picked on to her face.  And I think Brynn seems like the sweetest and quietest of all of the kids.

I love drama on TV, but these moms are so hateful - and the kids aren't far behind - that I really think I may be out after this.  I would, however, tune in for the inevitable comeuppance this motley crew will get when this ends & they see how insignificant they really are.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, Daisy head said:

they were especially cruel to not just Ashlee, but Brynn as well

They were really cruel because they felt threatened by Brynn's talent - she showed all of us what Abby meant when she spoke about flexibility, lines, and feet. Maddie and the others (bar Kalani) looked very heavy and clumsy next to the gracefulness of Brynn. 

• Love 6

I can't believe how rude the girls were to the choreographer when she was speaking to them about the reality of the industry. They were just ignoring her and doing their makeup - talk about delusional. No one will employ them after this and it looks like their fan base on social media is turning away from them too if you look at the comments on facebook and twitter. 

I am beginning to realize that Kalani is a bit slow like her mother Kira who is also aggressive to the max. The lights are just not on.

Edited by glowing28
  • Love 8

It's sad to see but it's obvious that Kalani has regressed over the past year.  She does look "heavy" in her dancing now.  Kendell is a complete drip and Nia is a better performer than she is a dancer.  Some may disagree but I find the minis to be boring beyond belief and their mothers to be as, if not more, absurd than the original crew.  I find the little ones' "confessionals" to be ridiculous.  They are being fed these lines by the scumbag producers of this pitiful show who have a new set of tykes to abuse and profit from. If the show, next year, ends up being about them, I'm out.  Brynn may be a good dancer but her mother stands every good chance of ruining her.  There is something seriously wrong with Ashleigh.  She may a more miserable example of the human species than Jill and that's saying  a lot.  Let's see what Cheryl can do with the older girls who are not close to the level that they should be at this point.  Cheryl can be very nice but she can also be a hard ass as those who have watched DWTS know.  She could lay the lumber on some her celeb partners when necessary.  As someone previously stated, the older girls seemed to have no reaction to Aisha telling them what a dancer's life was really like.  Kalani, maybe, showed a glimmer of understanding but the rest had blank stares.  Maybe they should talk to Ryan about what a working dancer's career looks and feels like.  She did well on SYTYCD and has done OK since but I'll bet that she has some horror stories that she can tell these girls.

• Love 3

I don't feel these elite girls want to be working dancers.  Nia and Kendall seem to want fame via music videos.  Chloe, as mentioned by Christi, fame in movies, books, social media.  Kalani has said she really wants to choreograph.  Cam might be the best at getting work dancing.  They are young, however, and, as we know, aspirations change due to life changes.

About the elite dance :   I enjoy the "burlesque" type of performance, - the movements, the seductive "sultryness", the costumes, music, etc.  But, I am uncomfortable when the dancers are underage, no matter how many yrs. younger (referring to Abby's dance).  We hear the phrase, espeicially now in our permissive society, "Let kids be kids as long as they can - let them hold on to a semblance of innocence as long as possible."   That is why it bothered me that the banter was:  "You are older now, and should be doing this sort of dancing."  At the ages they are, they have plenty of time to accomplish that.

• Love 2

My 2 cents - despite others on Facebook disagreeing - I actually like the new Where Have All the Children Gone better. I thought their was a lot more dance and expression in this routine.

I concur that the burlesque dance was cringe worthy - even more so now as the girls are busting out all over and have put on weight - and not in a good weigh. I love Fosse - but the Fosse inspired routing Abby did back a couple of years ago was way better - these girls did look like strippers. The difference in the raunchy routines that Abby put out - and I found those disgusting - is we hated them because these were little kids performing them and we didn't feel it was appropriate - this one was disgusting because it wasn't subtle like Fosse routines - you could actually see these girls in a strip club - where unfortunately many kids their age end up after being kicked out of their homes or running away.

Watching the annas - both are much better dancers than Maddie was at that age. I tend to like Lilly better - even tho Ellie is a more technical dancer as Ellie has that constipated look - just like Maddie did. I thought Brynn was beautiful. It's been reported that Brynn went back to school and is now on her Pom Cheerleading team - just being a normal kid. Good for her as she deserved better than all this drama.

The moms - I usually defend Christi and Holly and dislike Yolanda. There is nothing I could say in defense of the elite moms - they were all disgusting! Whereas - the ALDC moms stood by each other - kudos to them.

As I said before and explained on Facebook - the original show was suppose to be about Dance Moms - but morphed into the Abby show due to her training habits. People turned in every week to watch the girl's dance but to also find out what Abby would do to whom that week. As much as we hate the villain - we love to smack down the villain. Abby went on to have AUDC and the Dance Studio remakes. Girls and moms line up to become part of the ALDC when they have auditions - not because they are fans of the girls - but they want to be taught by Abby and have a chance at stardom. Neither Kalani, Jojo or Asia as well as some of the girl on the other elite team or dancers for Jeanette or Cathy's studios would have ever gotten the chances they have had it not been for dancing on AUDC.

Although Ashley sometimes over does it as did Jess - both Brynn and Jojo took a lot of crap from the girls and their moms. Neither of those girls deserved the treatment they received. I actually commend Ashley for walking away - because I would have hauled off and slapped one of those bitches. I have never been so mad at the behavior exhibited on this show. I love Cheryl and want to watch what she can do with the girls - but at this point I don't want to see anyone of them. Let's put a whole new team together and have Cheryl have her own Dance Team.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, glowing28 said:

They were really cruel because they felt threatened by Brynn's talent - she showed all of us what Abby meant when she spoke about flexibility, lines, and feet. Maddie and the others (bar Kalani) looked very heavy and clumsy next to the gracefulness of Brynn. 

To be fair, kalani has a curvy figure not really made for dancing. Brynn is childlike and it's easier to be light and airy at that stage. Brynn has more flexibility than most but that won't get her anywhere outside of the dance competitions.   Brynns not an entertainer and neither are most of them, that's the main issue. The reason maddie and jojo have moved on to the big paying jobs is,because they are the only real entertainment talents, each in their own way. 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, OhSnap said:

Ugh. The older girls had trouble with that simple routine. They look flabby and out of shape, with attitudes to match.

It was a shocker when they all came out stage. All of them overweight except camryn. There are too many dancers working every day on working out, eating healthy, taking multiple classes, etc .  Choreographers won't give them a second look.

Those are some junk food bodies. you can tell it's bad habits and not their natural body types. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Valmarmar said:

Nia and Kendall seem to want fame via music videos. 

Kendell has about as much of chance of fame via music videos as my pet cat.  Actually I could post videos of him being his silly, crazy self and they would be far more entertaining than anything that Kendell could post.

• Love 9
28 minutes ago, Lemons said:

It was a shocker when they all came out stage. All of them overweight except camryn. There are too many dancers working every day on working out, eating healthy, taking multiple classes, etc .  Choreographers won't give them a second look.

Those are some junk food bodies. you can tell it's bad habits and not their natural body types. 

There's no way Chloe could ever be considered overweight.  Her belly is concave.  Part of the problem was the horrible high waisted granny panties.  The look is flattering on few.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

There's no way Chloe could ever be considered overweight.  Her belly is concave.  Part of the problem was the horrible high waisted granny panties.  The look is flattering on few.

I guess with her is that she has good genetics and it wouldn't take much for,her to maintain a well toned body but it appears she doesn't even bother. 

speaking of the two kids who were plucked from the group, my five year old was watching a jojo video on YouTube.  She doesn't watch dance moms but she found jojo!

20 hours ago, Rebecca said:

@meatball77 Right? The banned "fan dance" episode where they appeared to be totally nude at 8-13 years old was much, much worse. I thought of that one immediately when Abby thinly used that excuse to run out.

I thought the burlesque dance was performed well but I did side eye a bit. The asses hanging out of the high cut bottoms was a bit much.

The costumes were a bit much. I didn't see any issue with the dance itself, and Abby has certainly made younger girls do way more inappropriate things. I remember Abby telling a 7-year-old MacKenzie to "be sexy" during a dance. Her outrage was a bit ridiculous.

This is going to sound terrible, but I didn't even think those skimpy costumes were flattering. They almost seemed too small. I don't want to body shame girls that young,  because I don't think any of them are overweight at all. But I think it would have looked much better with different outfits. 

12 hours ago, DaisyFields500 said:

I understand Abby's perspective too.  I have empathy for her feeling used with some of her dancers, I get it.  I wish people could see the whole picture of Abby like Brynn, but sometimes hurting or ungrateful people can't.   Abby was not a balanced character with the good and bad traits.   She is a victim of the character she created that got many people tuning in to love to hate.   I think the show would have not lasted as long without key characters like Abby and Maddie.  Abby was a crucial part of this show, so crucial the Abby's storyline does not end when she's not around.  She left her mark on Dance Moms.  I think the girls would have not gotten the attention without Abby's antics on the show, and for some of the girls Abby knew how to make them shine with dance and promoting them.   

The girls would not have gotten the attention without the show, period. Abby wouldn't have gotten attention without the mother's antics on the show either. It was a mutually beneficial relationship.  Until being on a reality show got Abby sent to jail anyway.

I thought the new Where Have All the Children Gone was pretty good. It seemed like it had better dancing than the original one, but that first one was a better performance piece with all the girls acting out their death. This version was more dance and less performance.

• Love 2

I think kalani is the most talented of the dancers on the show , but her body distracts me . She is not overweight in every day life whatsoever , but for a dancer she is and it takes away from some of her movements . 

I don't think nia and Kendall care that much about doing the perfect spin and being the perfect dancer because they don't seem to care to go in the professional dancing direction . As someone said above , they seem like they want to be more of the iTunes / YouTube people which might get you a celeb spot on DWTS but that's about it . Speaking of dwts , I wonder if any of them will get a pro position when they turn 18. Out of all of them I can see kalani doing it . 

The minis bore me to tears and I don't know why . I think I just liked watching the originals grow up but for some reason I just don't care to see that again . 

1 hour ago, Jaclyn88 said:

As someone said above , they seem like they want to be more of the iTunes / YouTube people which might get you a celeb spot on DWTS but that's about it . Speaking of dwts , I wonder if any of them will get a pro position when they turn 18. Out of all of them I can see kalani doing it . 

Not a chance.  The pros on DWTS are, for the most part, trained ballroom dancers who competed in high level national and international competitions for years before joining the show.  There have been quite a few SYTYCD alums among DWTS's pros and its troupe. None of these ALDC girls have anywhere close to the drive, dedication, talent or training needed to succeed on either show.  I thought that Kalani might have the goods but based on what she's shown recently, no way.

Edited by cali1981
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Jaclyn88 said:

The minis bore me to tears and I don't know why . I think I just liked watching the originals grow up but for some reason I just don't care to see that again . 

Yup and if, somehow, DM gets another season with these minis and their atrocious mothers as the core of the show, I suspect that there are many more like us who would say "no thanks".   It's likely that the ratings will completely crater and you would have to wonder how long Lifetime would stick with it.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

Those are some junk food bodies. you can tell it's bad habits and not their natural body types

Nia, Kalani & Kendall definitely are out of shape. Their backstage videos show them munching on huuuge pots of icecream and chicken wings. They are not serious about dance hence not concerned about their nutrition.

• Love 2

I don't know, because at their age, it could still be some baby fat. Dance is really good for staying in shape , and they claim to practice all week so if that's true they should be able to maintain tight bodies. Usually 13-15 year olds bodies aren't too affected by eating junk food. That usually comes on in your 20's. I think it's their natural body types and in a few years they'll shape up once they lose some of that baby fat.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, cali1981 said:

It's likely that the ratings will completely crater and you would have to wonder how long Lifetime would stick with it.

The ratings pretty much already have.  They're down in the 700K range per episode now for the latest episode.  I wonder how low Lifetime will tolerate and keep the show.  It can't be much lower.

• Love 2

I am not a dance mom (though I watch them on TV) so my reaction to watching the older kids' dance is obviously YMMV and by "Y" I mean you guys with a lot more insight and understanding but ... that said ... I actually thought Camryn was by far the best dancer out there, re: combination of her look, her attitude, etc. I know we've seen basically none of her but for me, she's the one who jumped out at me in a positive way.

I can't keep the "ana's" straight but while the older/bigger one may be an excellent dancer her manic pixie personality exhausts and annoys me. Not to dump on a kid but I just find her irritating. I don't know if she's really all that sugarplums and moonbeams on sugar overload or her mom pesters her to "sparkle, baby" to get airtime.

Is Maesy still a thing? I'm guessing yes since I still see her mom (award winner for worst hair on TV) but we never see her at all. She's like Brynn without the looks or talent. 

• Love 4

While I believe the two little Ana's are talented dancers, I am not a fan of the acrobatic style Abby favors for them.  The grinning leg lifts get old and boring.  However, the comments they make on camera are hilarious.  The two girls are a lot smarter than their odious moms.

Wow, that dance.  I'm not sure what to say without sounding harsh, but it made me squirmy and, as much as it pains me to agree with Ashlee, it did look a bit stripperish.  I half expected them to run out in the audience and offer lap dances (granny panties notwithstanding).  Abby, however, was a total hypocrite considering a couple of the dances she made them do when they were Much! Younger!  So, shut up Abby.

Brynn seems like a nice, decent kid and it's good to hear she's back in school doing cheer and normal school stuff.  Better than that dream world the other kids and moms live in.  Maybe Ashlee will regain her sanity.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Jaclyn88 said:

I don't know, because at their age, it could still be some baby fat. Dance is really good for staying in shape , and they claim to practice all week so if that's true they should be able to maintain tight bodies. Usually 13-15 year olds bodies aren't too affected by eating junk food. That usually comes on in your 20's. I think it's their natural body types and in a few years they'll shape up once they lose some of that baby fat.

That's not baby fat.  For a small example, look at the other dancers at MDP (?) that Chloe joined for a week.  Those girls had all different shapes but were all toned and healthy looking.  Chloe looked wheezy and out of shape when she danced with them.  Look at pictures of any teen dancers at professional schools. 

The Dance Mom girls are all starting to look alike and have the same shapes.  I couldn't tell the difference between Kalani and Kendall on that last dance.  They must all be on the same junk food diet. 

• Love 4

Wow was Christi always that nasty? She probably was, but Maddie/Melissa grated so perhaps I didn't notice. I couldn't make out what she was yelling at the end, I think it was, "Brynn will never be on Broadway!" You could still that about Chloe and the woman would freak. 

This storyline of caring that Brynn is dancing with the little girls is lame. Somebody's gotta be the oldest. And they're doing higher caliber dancing. 

The older girls looked like recreational dancers coming up with something for the high school variety show. Is that part of their popularity at this point, that they're relatable for ordinary teens? Maybe they need some cardio. The costume wasn't as inappropriate as it was plain unflattering, it was better suited for somebody hourglass shaped. I hate giving Abby credit, but she wouldn't have put them in that, for that reason. 

I just don't know how any of the moms care anymore. I said that a long time ago, it just being a tv show and all. But now, with the end so near, I really don't know how. 

Edited by BarbieMermaidia
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, BarbieMermaidia said:

Wow was Christi always that nasty? She probably was, but Maddie/Melissa grated so perhaps I didn't notice. I couldn't make out what she was yelling at the end, I think it was, "Brynn will never be on Broadway!" You could still that about Chloe and the woman would freak. 

First she said and "What place did BRYNN get!" Then she mockingly said ""BRYNN!! You'll never be on Broadway!!!!" Christi's always been a vile bitch who had no self-control. Bullying children sure doesn't look good when your entire empire is built on pretending that you and your daughter are innocent, sacrificial lambs. Playing the "poor widdle victim" angle. So fucking done with Christi and those other bitchy elite mothers on the show. Disgusting attitudes.

• Love 4
On 10/11/2017 at 10:34 AM, glowing28 said:

And there it is!

• Love 4

I've said for a long time that they needed to start over and that's what I thought they were going to do when they brought in the minis. I miss that group and they should have fazed out the older girls. I would have continued watching as I could fall in love with a whole new group of kids.

The money these original kids are worth shocks me as someone who's worked all there life, saved when they could and is close to retirement. Chloe is worth $6 million, Maddie $5 million, Jojo $5 million, MacKenzie $2 million, Kendall $1.5 million, Nia $1+ million, Kalani $1 million.

Although I love many of the girls - it's ridiculous that society places this kind of value on entertainment personalities and I've thought that for some time.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, MoonWalker said:

First she said and "What place did BRYNN get!" Then she mockingly said ""BRYNN!! You'll never be on Broadway!!!!" Christi's always been a vile bitch who had no self-control. Bullying children sure doesn't look good when your entire empire is built on pretending that you and your daughter are innocent, sacrificial lambs. Playing the "poor widdle victim" angle. So fucking done with Christi and those other bitchy elite mothers on the show. Disgusting attitudes.

And the crazy part is, that Christie had years off the show to think about what she would have done differently and how badly she behaved on the show, selling herself and her daughter out for the money. But she comes back for 2 episodes and acts like a nasty, mean witch again. You're a 40 something year old woman, get a hold of yourself.

• Love 6
On October 12, 2017 at 10:39 PM, MoonWalker said:

I despise the "elite" (I use THAT term loosely with this group) moms.  Holly, Jill, Christi... every one of them is worse than the last.  Can you even IMAGINE Christi if Ashlee or anyone had said that about Chloe??? I wasn't aware Chloe's name was up in lights. When, exactly, was she offered a spot on the great white way?  Last I knew she had made a few Z rated TV movies.  Good for Brynn for returning to normal teen life, going to school, cheering... I'll bet she winds up happier than all of them.  Say what you will about Ashlee, but I think she's the best of the bunch.  I know, with this bunch that isn't saying much.

23 hours ago, tessat said:

I've said for a long time that they needed to start over and that's what I thought they were going to do when they brought in the minis. I miss that group and they should have fazed out the older girls. I would have continued watching as I could fall in love with a whole new group of kids.

The money these original kids are worth shocks me as someone who's worked all there life, saved when they could and is close to retirement. Chloe is worth $6 million, Maddie $5 million, Jojo $5 million, MacKenzie $2 million, Kendall $1.5 million, Nia $1+ million, Kalani $1 million.

Although I love many of the girls - it's ridiculous that society places this kind of value on entertainment personalities and I've thought that for some time.

I want to be happy for Jojo, but Jess was SO awful to Brynn.  Not far behind Jill.  I know that isn't Jojo's fault, but if a big part of her message is anti- bullying, I feel like she should start with her own mom.  Kind of like someone married to a Twitter bully taking a stand agains cyber-bullying... never mind...

Edited by Daisy head
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, Jaclyn88 said:

Chole is worth more money than Maddie?  JoJo makes the same as Maddie? How?

Those numbers are ridiculous.  It's not public information how much these kids have made so far. 

On 10/11/2017 at 9:00 PM, Jaclyn88 said:

I think kalani is the most talented of the dancers on the show , but her body distracts me . She is not overweight in every day life whatsoever , but for a dancer she is and it takes away from some of her movements . 

I don't think nia and Kendall care that much about doing the perfect spin and being the perfect dancer because they don't seem to care to go in the professional dancing direction . As someone said above , they seem like they want to be more of the iTunes / YouTube people which might get you a celeb spot on DWTS but that's about it . Speaking of dwts , I wonder if any of them will get a pro position when they turn 18. Out of all of them I can see kalani doing it . 

I get the impression that Nia and Kendall are only on the team/show for the fame and exposure. Their dancing is subpar at best. Kendall never stands up straight. For being a dancer her whole life, her posture is horrible. Unfortunately, Nia has never been a good dancer. I always found it odd that of all the students at the ALDC, she was picked to be on the elite competition team. I've never enjoyed watching either of them dance. 

I agree with other posters, this may be my last season watching the show as well (assuming it carries on past this season). I've been watching since day 1, but the show has changed so much. It feels very staged and scripted now. But i think what bothers me the most is how bitchy and snobby and down right mean the moms act. They were always nutty and dramatic, but the past few seasons they've gotten increasingly more arrogant and entitled. They act like their daughters are these A-list celebrities and continually ride their coattails.  I don't know, I'm just kinda over it 

• Love 4

As far as their worth - yes it is just estimates from the various businesses they are involved in - but these kids are worth millions. They started with meet and greets which were exorbitant to go to. They each have product endorsements, clothing lines, other entertainment opportunities and social media sites generating loads of cash - so believe what you want too. In the past few years - we've seen all their designer clothing, Maddie hitting Australia with Louis Vuitton luggage ect - hopefully college funds have been set up for these girls.

I didn’t like the dance but I don’t think they looked flabby.  Generally speaking, calling healthy girls flabby is one reason they become anorexic.

I don’t think Brynn is a great dancer.  She is stiff and lanky and just looks prepubescent as she dances.  One of the reason this scripted show had her go back to the ALDC is probably because she would never fit in doing the burlesque dance (not that she missed out on anything though).

• Love 3

Brynn IS prepubescent, isn't she?

I don't go along with the thinking that to point out the fact that a girl may be out of shape/overweight is taboo.  Of course they shouldn't be berated for it, but it behooves them to be told, in a way that is constructive, that in order to develop into healthy adults they will have to have a good balance of proper nutrition and exercise.  I wouldn't advocated for simply telling them "You're fat", but they need guidance in order to be healthy.   Being malnourished doesn't just mean being too thin.  It is possible to be overweight and malnourished as well, so it cuts both ways.  That's just how it is, not a put down, and if these girls want to make it in the dance world, it is doing them a disservice to let them think that they will be able to compete with more toned, conditioned dancers.  YMMV, of course, but this is what I think.