Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E10: The Next Step

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

With two suspended vets, the team must re-block their formations for their Hall of Fame performance; new vets step up as a new point of the triangle is named; the rookie candidates attempt to get their footing during a rehearsal.

The episode topic is spoiler free. Please, for the mods sanity, discuss only what was seen in the episode. DO NOT hint at social media and gameday spoilers. With that said, previews from the show are not spoilers. Vague speculation and discussion of past season trends are not spoilers. In short, use your best judgement and be aware of what topic you're in.

• Love 2

So Holly resigned and Kelli just admitted that this will probable help another make the team. 

Just now, HowdeeDo said:

Of course myy tv glitches the first few minutes. What'd they say about Holly? 

"we accepted her letter of resignation"

• Love 5
1 minute ago, HowdeeDo said:

Of course myy tv glitches the first few minutes. What'd they say about Holly? 

talking head with Kelli saying they'd accepted her letter of resignation, and that Holly was young and made so,e bad choices.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

Yay blocking! Something I've always wanted to see.

Me too!!! 

Also, Jenna is on her 6th year, she doesn’t NEED to practice Thunderstruck. But I loooved Judy saying “f it” and taking off her shoes hahaha

Edited by tajalexander
  • Love 8

We've all been there Judy. Marching band/Colorguard girl here, as soon as we were done marching we took our shoes off in the bleachers to feel the cold metal. 

I want to see this much dancing in every episode. 

• Love 13

I think they handled Holly's departure pretty well this episode. No drama, quick explanation, moving on...

Loved Jenna hugging Kashara. I thought that was very gracious of Jenna. I agree that Jenna knows Thunderstruck inside and out, I think Judy just wanted her to practice because she's in the proverbial doghouse right now. 

• Love 15

Part of me wants to know how they handle suspension. Is it just "still have to be at practice but no performing at games and events" kind of thing?

I figured they would go this route with the follow up episode. Holly resigning was about the only thing she could do at this point. 

• Love 1

I have to admit that I did not like Tasha last year and I have been kind of harsh on her this year. While she is still not my favorite I do see a different side of her this episode. After all the Holly/Jenna drama her life experience can help ground the team and calm down the rookies. If I were a rookie I would be scared after all the Holly/Jenna drama. I love Heather and Stephanie, they did great with the show group performance.

• Love 6

I want to throw something over Brennan's cut. Savannah can't manage to walk in a straight line with the other rookies and isn't fun to watch but gets a warning. I think Brennan's facials were so scared, etc. because she was scared she was going to get cut during all of training camp. I think it would have improved if she made the team as she wouldn't have that sword hanging over her head. 

Christina gets winded, has excuses for everything, can't walk in a straight line with the other rookies and isn't cut. smh. I have enjoyed watching Brennan more this season than Christina, Savannah or Alexandria.

• Love 21
52 minutes ago, tajalexander said:

Me too!!! 

Also, Jenna is on her 6th year, she doesn’t NEED to practice Thunderstruck. But I loooved Judy saying “f it” and taking off her shoes hahaha

No she wasn't practicing because she isn't going to HOF.

Holly was leaving with nothing from the locker so my guess was this was filmed when she returned her uniform and the gold dress.

Oh, Jenna feels like she is being punished and Kelli thinks this could be toxic!!  Can't wait till next week! 

Edited by cherryblossom
More info
  • Love 4

Dangit! I have to watch on the CMT website and totally forgot until 9:57 (stupid hockey opening night...love hockey and just forgot about MTT completely); does anyone know when CMT loads the show online? I can usually watch the 10:30 repeat, but of course since I need to tonight, they're not playing it. 

Edited by Spooky
Just now, Spooky said:

Dangit! I have to watch on the CMT website and totally forgot until 9:57 (stupid hockey opening night...love hockey and just forgot about MTT completely); does anyone know when CMT loads the show online? I can usually watch the 10:30 repeat, but of course since I don't need to, they're not playing it. 

Usually not until Friday morning. 

• Love 1

That conversation with Gina sounded fake as shit.  And I have no problem with it.  Kelli and Judy asked her to make a change and she did.  But that change didn't seem natural for Gina.  Poor girl.  I'm still a fan.

Aw Brennan, girl. My heart breaks for her.

Edited by woodscommaelle
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, HowdeeDo said:

Usually not until Friday morning. 

Figures. Not my night for tv; my hockey game was pre-empted, missed MTT, but it looks like Gina had a talkin' to, so that gives me something to look forward to.

I must say that Kelli looked so much better in this episode with her vertically lined black and white top. It was very flattering and made her look thinner. A much better look for her than those super tight dresses. 

• Love 5

I think they made a mistake cutting Brennan. She is well spoken and definitely better than some of the ladies still on the team. I feel so bad for her. 

Edited by ElenaFR
  • Love 13

I loved seeing Judy block the formation. I thought she gave good explanations for why she placed dancers in certain spots.  Kashara looks great at point. It was sweet of Jenna to give her a hug. 

Savannah's hair is gorgeous.

I would love if  every episode had this much dancing in it. I enjoyed this so much more than fashion shows, etiquette training, etc.

Edited by Slate
  • Love 21

The Holly segment at the very beginning seemed like it was added in last minute. I'm glad they showed it and acknowledged that she quit though. 

Hearing Judy talk about changing formations and having to start from scratch to the girls must be mortifying for Jenna.  I am not her biggest fan but kudos to her for being able to show face after all the drama and rule breaking. Hearing that someone is "disappointed" in you sure sucks, especially coming from K&J. I'm sure she must feel 2 feet tall. And you just know that some of those girls are loving her fall from grace. 

So adorable watching KaShara named point ? She seemed genuinely surprised and humbled

Judy scolding Jenna for just sitting there and not rehearsing, LMAO. Girl is on her shitlist!!

102 degrees outside! I would die. Like literally explode and die.

Heather O.: "we're dealing with unforseen circumstances".

What she probably really wanted to say: "thank you Holly and Jenna for acting like a bunch of asshats and making us have to work twice as hard and change everything"

Jenna hugging KaShara bothered me and I'm not sure why. It was like she wanted to make sure KaShara knew it was her spot she was taking. If I got fired from my job, I wouldn't be hugging and congratulating my replacement... I don't know, it was just weird to me. 

Things are definitely not shown in chronological order like Shelly has said they are because that is Holly with Show Group. They actually blurred her face out during a quick second right before they turned around for kick line #savage 

And Allie still has a locker. Sheesh CMT, how old was this footage? 

Resized_20171005_215821.jpg

Resized_20171005_221101.jpg

Resized_20171005_221704.jpg

Edited by NMDD43
  • Love 10
3 minutes ago, NMDD43 said:

The Holly segment at the very beginning seemed like it was added in last minute. I'm glad they showed it and acknowledged that she quit though. 

Hearing Judy talk about changing formations and having to start from scratch to the girls must be mortifying for Jenna.  I am not her biggest fan but kudos to her for being able to show face after all the drama and rule breaking. Hearing that someone is "disappointed" in you sure sucks, especially coming from K&J. I'm sure she must feel 2 feet tall. And you just know that some of those girls are loving her fall from grace. 

So adorable watching KaShara named point ? She seemed genuinely surprised and humbled

Judy scolding Jenna for just sitting there and not rehearsing, LMAO. Girl is on her shitlist!!

102 degrees outside! I would die. Like literally explode and die.

Heather O.: "we're dealing with unforseen circumstances".

What she probably really wanted to say "thank you Holly and Jenna for acting like a bunch of asshats and making us have to work twice as hard and change everything"

Jenna hugging KaShara bothered me and I'm not sure why. It was like she wanted to make sure KaShara knew it was her spot she was taking. If I got fired from my job, I wouldn't be hugging and congratulating my replacement... I don't know, it was weird to me. 

Things are definitely not shown in chronological order like Shelly has said they are because that is Holly with Show Group. They actually blurred her face out during a quick second right before they turned around for kick line #savage 

And Allie still has a locker. Sheesh CMT, how old was this footage? 

Resized_20171005_215821.jpg

Resized_20171005_221101.jpg

Resized_20171005_221704.jpg

Just a thought..perhaps they don't change the images until they announce the new team....I did not even catch the Holly being on show group in that show...I will have to re watch

• Love 1

I think Jenna giving Kashira the hug was probably fake as hell, but I think Jenna has the right idea and just keep eating the humble pie.  I thought for certain she would be cut, but I think her putting the team first and doing whatever Kelli and Judy tell her is working.  Then I see some "toxic" talk next week, so who knows.., can't wait till next week.

• Love 7

If they have to go outside in that awful heat, I am surprised Judy and Kelli don't wear loose, floaty dresses or at least loose linen pants. I would die in slim fitting pants in that heat.

• Love 3

Jenna & Holly both broke the same rules, together.  They both got suspended.  Holly resigned from the team & Jenna should have too.  Previews for next week  shows Jenna in the office whining about her punishment. Really? She broke the same rules as Holly.  Jenna should resign & end the mode of bad behavior.  Judy should have told Jenna to take the last row.  And I agree, the hugging of Kashara felt wrong.  

I liked the blocking & seeing more of the rehearsal.  The team was a hot mess.

Maddie rocked her entrance with showgroup.  Her walk was the perfect amount of sexy.  The others looked like a stroll.  She should teach the others how to make an entrance!  

I was happy for Kashara & I loved Kelli adding a little twang when talking about Kashara.  She will be great in that position.  

Breelan was doing just as well as the others and I wish she was not cut. 

• Love 10

I have to say, I will miss seeing Holly's incredible dancing... But I think it was the right decision. She was humiliated by K&J. Which was absolutely her fault. But still, I do not blame her for leaving. According to instagram, she is moving to Hollywood to pursue a dance career there.

The talk with Gina felt very awkward for me. Like she was trying SO hard to show them that she has been talking to the girls about personal things. Definitely seemed fake. But like others have said, she did what they asked... Nothing they can do now.

I love Lauren more and more every episode. She just seems so genuine and humble. 

I'm pulling for Taryn because I think she's cute and sweet. But I am thinking she may be the next to go because of those kicks. I was surprised they didn't call her in tonight.

I have always been a huge fan of Erica. I don't know what this whole situation is but I hate not seeing her on the field. This could have been her year to be point. But I do love Kashara at point! Just wondering if Jenna will get that spot when they get back from Canton.

Edited by Roo22
  • Love 3
23 minutes ago, Rosiemac said:

Just a thought..perhaps they don't change the images until they announce the new team....I did not even catch the Holly being on show group in that show...I will have to re 

Edited by NMDD43
  • Love 1
19 minutes ago, NMDD43 said:

Jenna hugging KaShara bothered me and I'm not sure why. It was like she wanted to make sure KaShara knew it was her spot she was taking. If I got fired from my job, I wouldn't be hugging and congratulating my replacement... I don't know, it was just weird to me. 

Jenna wasn't doing that for KaShira's benefit but for her own in front of K&J to show she has good "leadership" qualities and is putting the team first IMO.  Very smart move.  In the end Jenna's motives don't matter if Kashira found some sort of encouragement from it.

3 minutes ago, Roo22 said:

I have always been a huge fan of Erica. I don't know what this whole situation is but I hate not seeing her on the field. This could have been her year to be point. But I do love Kashara at point! 

This! I miss Erica and would love to know what happened.  I keep looking and don't see her in footage so if it was just an "injury" I don't know if they would go out of their way to cut her out.  Maybe there is a legal reason she is edited out?

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, Mardo2044 said:

This! I miss Erica and would love to know what happened.  I keep looking and don't see her in footage so if it was just an "injury" I don't know if they would go out of their way to cut her out.  Maybe there is a legal reason she is edited out?

I have seen her in the background in most episodes and I saw her in the background of the preview of Canton. But she is sitting out (but still in practice uniform). Any time I have seen her, she has not been dancing. So I do believe there's an injury. But I wonder if she left the team because of it... 

• Love 3

Okay, I really don't like Gina and haven't this whole time, but I think this stuff where K&J are expecting her to prove she's BFF's w/ the other girls in order to earn a spot on the team is whack.    Gina has more than met the requirements to make the team as they like her look and her dancing, and I think as long as she's not being an outright mean girl to the others to the point that it's disruptive, it doesn't really matter if she's friends w/ the other girls.   I guess I'm just projecting this situation to a real workplace and how that would be a very unprofessional workplace if an employee would get questioned by their boss that way.   But I guess the DCC is a sisterhood, and not really a workplace.

I dunno why, but I am not liking Kashara at point - just don't think she deserves dance-wise or something.   Like how is the point girl a first time SG member the same year she gets point?

The Jenna hug was weird - not sure why, but it bugged me.

I have not been impressed w/ Brennan.  Don't think she has the look or figure (just too frail looking or something) to be a DCC...but I would have rather them cut Christina instead of her.

• Love 5

Regarding Erica not being shown - they've really never shown us the girls once they make the team.  As we've been told before when we've asked why you don't see vets that much - it's called "making the team" :)

Also, if she does have an injury that keeps her from dancing, why would they show her?  And here is Erica sitting on the sidelines again, here is Erica standing by the wall watching the other girls dance, here is Erica watching show group auditions since she can't audition.  They have rarely addressed girls getting injured.

And in DCC time, she hasn't done what ever it is yet.

As for showing us Holly so much before the "incident" - she did try out for show group, she has been able to practice and perform.  They had filmed her doing this stuff, not knowing what was going to happen.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Jazzmom said:

Jenna & Holly both broke the same rules, together.  They both got suspended.  Holly resigned from the team & Jenna should have too.  Previews for next week  shows Jenna in the office whining about her punishment. Really? She broke the same rules as Holly.  Jenna should resign & end the mode of bad behavior.  Judy should have told Jenna to take the last row.  And I agree, the hugging of Kashara felt wrong.  

Which DCC contract rule did Jenna break? Was she accused of or did she admit to fraternizing with players at the club as well? As per the KaShara hugging, I see it as a good friend/teammate/sister congratulating KaShara's promotion to point. I will bet that the other vets hugged her as well, but it wasn't actually shown. They made sure to show Jenna hugging KaShara because of her suspension story line. And for Jenna to not hug KaShara would just make her look even worse. It must have been very hard for Jenna to suck up and do.

I think KaShara is ok as point, but I think Lacey would have been HOT! #LaSexy!

As for Gina, I feel like she's exactly as she was perceived - aloof and feels like she's better than the other rookies. Her talking about how she helps the other rookies and that others might be jealous of her just reeks of Queen TCC Bee status. That being said, she knows how to play the game and does what she needs to do (ie: act like she's becoming a sister to the other TCC) in order to get her spot on the team. 

Edited by exitstageleft
  • Love 5

I saw Holly in the show group footage, too. There’s been several things this season shown out of order. Clearly, Jenna wouldn’t have participated post “benching” either. Still, it was neat to watch since most of the time the focus is on the rookies. I like that we’ve seen more of the vets this season, except Erica. Kelly stated her as one of the retirees in the first episode so it’s beem weird to see cameos of her in training camp when she clearly hasn’t retired  

I enjoyed the blocking, too, and I’m excited for Canton footage next week.  

No tears for Brennan but it sucks. I think her eyes are too close together and that’s what causes the “weird facials” and that’s definitely not something she can fix. It’s rare to see two returnees get cut in the same season though. 

• Love 2

I noticed Lacey was crying.   I'm assuming it's because Kashara got her spot.  I'm sure she was pissed. 

Bye Brennan.  Never thought she was attractive and she annoyed the shit out of me.   Very desperate. 

Jenna's hug was totally phony.  

• Love 2

If Brennan looked different than every other blonde on the team, she'd still be there. I think Savannah's look is the only thing saving her. I wish she wasn't cut, but I was happy to hear she's walking away and moving on---if she showed up again next year it wouldn't look good.

KaShara as point is weird, but I think she rocked it. I wish Jenna would have been cut or quit as Holly did. Every time I see her my stomach churns.

Why is Yuko still there? Why can't Stephanie tone down the eye make-up? 

Gina is Gina...she's gonna make the team and I can't hate her for that. She didn't what was asked. 

• Love 2