Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E02: Let Them Eat Cake

• Start Topic

On 10/13/2017 at 11:53 AM, blueiris said:

I have a different take on the wreath ceremony.  It was a regular wreath built on a metal ring and probably used Styrofoam and lots and lots of tape.  Where do these dumasses think this unraveling mess is going to go. Dissolve nice and easy into the ocean? The same with those lit lanterns people float over water.  I've read that while the claim is that the frame completely burn up, this is not true,  This junk (balloons too) wreaks havoc for the creatures - turtles, birds, fish, dolphins.  They try to eat it or get wrapped up in this crap.  Please think about this when planning events. 

I was thinking about this too, and hoped the paddle board guy was paid to go pick it up as soon as these women turned their attention back to themselves (about five seconds later).

Edited by nexxie
  • Love 8

Yeah, I probably overstated the quantity, but I wouldn't say abnormal. Although who's to say what that is.  My brother stayed in AC and married a woman who was born and raised on the AC boardwalk (the first two properties of the Monopoly board game!).    My brother (we are from a WASP family - Finnish, English, and Swedish) speaks with a thick Jersey accent and wears cut-off shorts and flip-flops and is a licensed boat captain of some sort.  He's a walking stereo-type too.   NJ is very, very diverse.  I think another thing that you alluded to was hicks. NJ is the garden state and its pretty rural in the western regions.  That's a whole 'nuther range of personality types.

Side note regarding my brother....Both he and his wife are super smart and educated but one wouldn't be pick that up at first glance.   I kinda love that about them, though. 

Haha, what about the weird hybrid of body-builder types that also want to be what they think is "alternative"? They just never seem to get the latter part right--or "right"; who am I to say what they're trying to do with that? As for the hicks (which I should not call them, I know), it's funny when people outside of here think we all live next to the Turnpike or down the shore (ha, Jerseyism) when some of our towns are practically in the wilderness!

I also laugh when people allude to the Jersey accent, as if there's just one (and usually they're thinking of one of the many NY ones anyway). My mom grew up in South Jersey and while I never picked up her accent (which she denies she has), my sister somewhat did.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, nexxie said:

I was thinking about this too, and hoped the paddle board guy was paid to go pick it up as soon as these women turned their attention back to themselves (above five seconds later).

I didn't even think the guy would even have to go out to pick it up. He walked as far as the water hitting his shoulders. They were in a bay/inlet. The wreath would eventually go back to shore I don't think it had any power to go out into the ocean.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Jextella said:

Yeah, I probably overstated the quantity, but I wouldn't say abnormal. Although who's to say what that is.  My brother stayed in AC and married a woman who was born and raised on the AC boardwalk (the first two properties of the Monopoly board game!).    My brother (we are from a WASP family - Finnish, English, and Swedish) speaks with a thick Jersey accent and wears cut-off shorts and flip-flops and is a licensed boat captain of some sort.  He's a walking stereo-type too.   NJ is very, very diverse.  I think another thing that you alluded to was hicks. NJ is the garden state and its pretty rural in the western regions.  That's a whole 'nuther range of personality types.

Side note regarding my brother....Both he and his wife are super smart and educated but one wouldn't be pick that up at first glance.   I kinda love that about them, though. 

Hey Jextella, just wanted to give a shout out to someone with the same Finnish/English background. Ancestry DNA threw in an unexpected ten percent Iberian Peninsula.

I've lived in NYC most of my life, oddly my son goes to school in NJ. At school functions there is a total mishmash of every ethnicity under the sun. It's one of the things I really enjoy about many schools in this area.

Whomever made that comment about Tre and Melissa trying to dial Siggy back a notch was spot on. I also think that Siggy is playing the character of Siggy, in Siggy's life story. The other ladies didn't sign on to be her supporting players.

• Love 12

I think things went south when Melissa announced she was entitled to throw the birthday cake because it was her birthday.  It was very "sisterly" of Teresa to stand up for Melissa, but Teresa should have brought up she had already apologized to Siggy and Melissa should have also.  I don't think of the birthday cake as a gift to the person-anymore than someone else's entrée as belonging to Melissa.  I use to kind of feel sorry for Melissa but year after year she seems to have some sort of conflict-it makes me wonder if maybe she isn't the problem.    

I feel like the producers are just dying to make something happen.  Last year it was a teaser about something in Vermont-and it turned out it was a joke.  I also recall some sort of food fight last year and chocolate ending up on the couch in the inn in Vermont.  Repeated bad behavior doesn't make it a "Jersey Thing" it just shows continuing bad manners.    

Danielle is so brave to denounce being called trash.  I wonder if she has truly reflected on her past post of RHONJ?  

• Love 3
6 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

But I wholeheartedly disagree that these women (and those Jersey Shore people) are "not abnormal" for the region. Even as a lifelong denizen, I'd totally do a double-take at that breed of over-the-topness...

I think it also depends on whether you're a watering hole for that set --  in the city I live in, every weekend, the place fills up with stereotypical Jersey girls (and their dates) straight out of central casting. Lots of other types here as well (the nonnas are dying out, sadly) but on the weekend, it's like somebody's shooting a third rate movie full of the worst New Jersey stereotypes....except it's real : )

Edited by film noire
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, nexxie said:

have a different take on the wreath ceremony.  It was a regular wreath built on a metal ring and probably used Styrofoam and lots and lots of tape.  Where do these dumasses think this unraveling mess is going to go. Dissolve nice and easy into the ocean? The same with those lit lanterns people float over water.  I've read that while the claim is that the frame completely burn up, this is not true,  This junk (balloons too) wreaks havoc for the creatures - turtles, birds, fish, dolphins.  They try to eat it or get wrapped up in this crap.  Please think about this when planning events. 

The ones in Hawaii are made like Leis and will fall apart and sink - just with flowers and no metal or things that are bad for the Ocean. I am sure there are some sort of laws about doing that type of things so dude on board probably went to get it. I was at the one for Don Ho and it is a beautiful ceremony and makes me tear up even now.

• Love 8

I could really go for a Siggy-free or even Siggy-lite episode right about now, and for the rest of the season ?. She was insufferable in this episode, heck she was annoying last week too. Then again I’ve not ever been a fan of her so maybe it’s extra annoying for peeps like me. I loathed how she was up Jaq’s arse last season ?

• Love 7
1 hour ago, BodhiGurl said:

I could really go for a Siggy-free or even Siggy-lite episode right about now, and for the rest of the season ?

Unfortunately I feel it's gonna get worse - did anyone catch that moment from the previews for next episode: she says somehing to Margaret who then reples "that's not a very 'female empowerment' thing to say"

Then Siggy says 'I don't want to empower you, I want to DESTROY you'

I can pinpoint that as the moment I went to complete dislike on the woman.  That's the harshest thing I've ever heard a RHW say (when you consider that Margaret didn't really do anything that bad to Siggy), and that's saying a lot...

• Love 13
On 10/12/2017 at 0:34 PM, TattleTeeny said:

I thought the salty-crabcake remark was funny--like the "I said good day" of RH-world (though it would have made more sense if Siggy had mad the food; that chef was an innocent bystander!). I also laughed at Siggy saying something like, "I'm sorry, Sexy Chef; the crab cakes were delicious."

I thought she said "Slicker"--like she's crying so much that she needs a raincoat, haha!

LOL @ "I said good day" .

I think Ziggy is mostly ticked off because her "I'm going to shun the yoga class" turned out to be more than just a yoga class.  (more filming she was not a part of)

• Love 9
On 10/11/2017 at 11:03 PM, beesknees said:

Siggy is obnoxious but why am I the only one that agrees with Siggy that tossing the huge cake across the restaurant was waaay out of hand and super disrespectful?

Let's be honest...does anyone really like fondant cake?  What a waste of calories. I'd rather have a salty crabcake....

• Love 10

I loved, luuuuhhhved fondant covered petit fours (so small! so pretty! so delish!) until I read this thread and started thinking about how much handling the fondant gets.  Fingerprints, getting under fingernails and them somehow getting back out from under them only to be reincorporated back into the rolling pile, smoothing out with water covered fingers. It's all too gross.

My diet plan thanks you. 

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Jel said:

I loved, luuuuhhhved fondant covered petit fours (so small! so pretty! so delish!) until I read this thread and started thinking about how much handling the fondant gets.  Fingerprints, getting under fingernails and them somehow getting back out from under them only to be reincorporated back into the rolling pile, smoothing out with water covered fingers. It's all too gross.

My diet plan thanks you. 

I'll  take butter creme frosting! YUM!  Fondant is basically  just a sheet of conf sugar and water.......sooooooo sweet. 

• Love 10
4 hours ago, BodhiGurl said:

I could really go for a Siggy-free or even Siggy-lite episode right about now, and for the rest of the season ?. She was insufferable in this episode, heck she was annoying last week too. Then again I’ve not ever been a fan of her so maybe it’s extra annoying for peeps like me. I loathed how she was up Jaq’s arse last season ?

Was she on something ?? Or maybe she wants to become Queen of the show 

What a narcissistic woman she is - I would never go to her

• Love 9
23 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

Yes, can't you see she's not well? She'll accept some sympathy soup if a casserole is not available

RHONJ701SiggyFacelift.gif

This is HILARIOUS!!! I swear Soggy looks like she's the Godfather or something :D

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

Unfortunately I feel it's gonna get worse - did anyone catch that moment from the previews for next episode: she says somehing to Margaret who then reples "that's not a very 'female empowerment' thing to say"

Then Siggy says 'I don't want to empower you, I want to DESTROY you'

I can pinpoint that as the moment I went to complete dislike on the woman.  That's the harshest thing I've ever heard a RHW say (when you consider that Margaret didn't really do anything that bad to Siggy), and that's saying a lot...

I agree...even vicky who's disgusting...or kelly who's super vile has never said something so evil lol 

• Love 7

The trip to Boca wasn't about having a good time to cheer up Teresa or for Melissa's birthday.  It was all for Siggy to show off what a supposed big shot she is in Boca.  "My town, my town".  

I doubt Siggy paid for the cake, probably production did.  A nice cake would have sufficed, no need for a $1000 cake except to say look at how chic and classy I am.  This is how I do it in "my town".

The cake throwing, while not the classiest, eh, get over it already.   They were drinking and blew off some steam.  You yelled like a banshee as you walked into that other restaurant, so don't talk about classy or being dignified.  Yes, I'm sure some people know you in Boca, if you yell as you go into restaurants on a regular basis.  

I believe the women called and then waited briefly for Siggy and Dolores to go with them to yoga.  Siggy and Dolores were no shows, so they missed the flower ceremony.   Snooze ya lose.  They were all butt hurt about the cake throwing, so they didn't want to be with the offenders.  Sounds like Margaret (or production) had it all set up (flower ceremony).  Sure, she was to call the two who didn't answer before, who apparently blew off the group to go get smoothies, and tell them to haul ass out to the beach for this ceremony?  Nah.  You decided you wanted to be elsewhere.  Siggy was just butthurt that she didn't think of it, and that she wasn't the main attraction.   It's her town, after all.

Yeah if Siggy kept calling me trash or inferring it, I would have just excused myself, but this group, can't just get up and leave quietly.  Siggy knew she'd be getting a big confrontation over cake-gate.   Now, I would've just sent her a cake the next day - with a crying smiley decoration, maybe with the smiley begging for forgiveness (all in snark).  I mean if it was Melissa's birthday cake, then she should've been the one pissed at Teresa.  It was no longer was Siggy's cake once presented to Melissa.   Restaurants have spills all the time, and it didn't really look like many were around, plus all the cameras would've told anyone, this is a SCENE for a tv show, and taken any cake throwing with a grain of salt, probably laughing at it.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, Jel said:

Also skin flakes and DNA!

:(

Add the occasional nose boogie and eye boogies and saliva. Ever watch Cake Boss, you'll never want fondant again.

I thought it was a bit of shade to Melissa, Siggy giving her that cake. She had to emphasize how she had the wallpaper of Envy copied for the edge of the cake like that made it special. Did Shiddy do that because Jackie and the mouth breather divested the store of all of its inventory inclusive of hangers and shelves?

rhonj-teresa-and-melissa-food-fight-sigg

PS I rewound the part where Siggy was speaking to her husband...she said 1000 pound cake not 1000 dollar cake.

PPSS she got ripped off if she paid $500 as more than 2/3 of that platter was the display not actual cake. There was probably 2% actual cake and 98% Play Doh

• Love 8
On 10/13/2017 at 3:09 PM, SweetieDarling said:

South Jersey tends to be more suburban Philly, whereas North Jersey is suburban NYC, so that observation is totally believable and, I'm sure, completely accurate.

As for the bolded, anyone remember the show Jerseylicious?  I could  not believe people actually walked around in public wearing all that spandex, makeup, hairspray and "jewlerry" as a norm, but the RHNJ would blend right in.

I've always felt sorry for NJ in that the state is suburbs of two cities at pretty much each end and doesn't really have it's own personality.  The entire state is only about 170 miles long so it makes sense it would be this way.   

• Love 2
1 hour ago, hoosier80 said:

The trip to Boca wasn't about having a good time to cheer up Teresa or for Melissa's birthday.  It was all for Siggy to show off what a supposed big shot she is in Boca.  "My town, my town".  

I doubt Siggy paid for the cake, probably production did.  A nice cake would have sufficed, no need for a $1000 cake except to say look at how chic and classy I am.  This is how I do it in "my town".

The cake throwing, while not the classiest, eh, get over it already.   They were drinking and blew off some steam.  You yelled like a banshee as you walked into that other restaurant, so don't talk about classy or being dignified.  Yes, I'm sure some people know you in Boca, if you yell as you go into restaurants on a regular basis.  

I believe the women called and then waited briefly for Siggy and Dolores to go with them to yoga.  Siggy and Dolores were no shows, so they missed the flower ceremony.   Snooze ya lose.  They were all butt hurt about the cake throwing, so they didn't want to be with the offenders.  Sounds like Margaret (or production) had it all set up (flower ceremony).  Sure, she was to call the two who didn't answer before, who apparently blew off the group to go get smoothies, and tell them to haul ass out to the beach for this ceremony?  Nah.  You decided you wanted to be elsewhere.  Siggy was just butthurt that she didn't think of it, and that she wasn't the main attraction.   It's her town, after all.

Yeah if Siggy kept calling me trash or inferring it, I would have just excused myself, but this group, can't just get up and leave quietly.  Siggy knew she'd be getting a big confrontation over cake-gate.   Now, I would've just sent her a cake the next day - with a crying smiley decoration, maybe with the smiley begging for forgiveness (all in snark).  I mean if it was Melissa's birthday cake, then she should've been the one pissed at Teresa.  It was no longer was Siggy's cake once presented to Melissa.   Restaurants have spills all the time, and it didn't really look like many were around, plus all the cameras would've told anyone, this is a SCENE for a tv show, and taken any cake throwing with a grain of salt, probably laughing at it.

Melissa/Teresa should have sent her a Play Doh Fondant cake in the shape of a "horse" since she likes that theme

maxresdefault.jpg

• Love 5
2 hours ago, crgirl412 said:

I've always felt sorry for NJ in that the state is suburbs of two cities at pretty much each end and doesn't really have it's own personality.  The entire state is only about 170 miles long so it makes sense it would be this way.   

Jersey has several personalities.  Like other posters have stated, it is a VERY diverse state.  There are lots of farmlands and rural areas as well as cities, and each Jersey shore town has it's own personality.  I grew up outside of Philly and moved about 20yrs ago, we still go "down the shore".  I laugh inside my head every time I see my cousins from South Jersey, they completely fit the stereotype with the "youse guys" and undying love of Springsteen and Bon Jovi.  They are NOTHING like the Franklin Lakes gals (are we still in Franklin Lakes?).

• Love 5
On 10/13/2017 at 4:03 PM, KungFuBunny said:

Yes, can't you see she's not well? She'll accept some sympathy soup if a casserole is not available

RHONJ701SiggyFacelift.gif

What's going on in this picture?  Did Siggy have plastic surgery? 

• Love 1

Soggy is an unbearable, unstable mess. She doesn't have Jacqueline Laurita's nutcase self to distract the cast from her own issues this season.

She is a narcissistic individual who has to make everything about herself and how it makes her look or how it makes her feel. She could have addressed that topic without being as abrasive and confrontational as she was.

I like Margaret. She surveyed the land, saw that Soggy wasn't going to be the team she would play for, and got to work via the wreath ceremony. She seems like a straight shooter who will not be afraid to call Soggy to the carpet with her condescending, incoherent rants. 

• Love 7
15 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

Jersey has several personalities.  Like other posters have stated, it is a VERY diverse state.  There are lots of farmlands and rural areas as well as cities, and each Jersey shore town has it's own personality.  I grew up outside of Philly and moved about 20yrs ago, we still go "down <to> the shore".  I laugh inside my head every time I see my cousins from South Jersey, they completely fit the stereotype with the "youse guys" and undying love of Springsteen and Bon Jovi.  They are NOTHING like the Franklin Lakes gals (are we still in Franklin Lakes?).

I'm in the midwest now, and here we go "up north" .... usually to a cabin on a lake.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 1
On 10/14/2017 at 10:25 AM, Martinigirl said:

I'll  take butter creme frosting! YUM!  Fondant is basically  just a sheet of conf sugar and water.......sooooooo sweet. 

On 10/14/2017 at 10:28 AM, Jel said:

Also skin flakes and DNA!

:(

It doesn't matter as it was a birthday cake. 

The only food a group of people will eat after watching someone blow spit and germs on it to blow out candles. 

18 hours ago, Jextella said:

What's going on in this picture?  Did Siggy have plastic surgery? 

I believe Kungfubunny found this from last season.  And if I'm remembering right Siggy did have plastic surgery.  So I take back my comment that she doesn't appear on the show without being fully made up!  She's got more nerve that I! 

• Love 1

I was confused about Siggy "bringing in" Margaret.  Didn't she introduce her as some sort of "friend of a friend"? It didn't appear that she knew her very well at all.  I think it was one of those the producers hired this woman and needed some sort of "in" to introduce her, so they went with Siggy because there was some tenuous connection there type of thing.  So Siggy and Delores can lose me with all that "loyalty" bullshit.

I can't take Siggy.  She's a narcissistic, loud, obnoxiously exhausting woman  I'd love to see her and Ramona in a room together tho.  Crossover ep!

Edited by lezlers
  • Love 5

I can't work up any sympathy for Teresa or Melissa over the dead mom thing. They just suck that bad as people. I can't bring myself to care. They're too full of themselves. And if Melissa crawls any farther up Teresa's ass, they're going to have to surgically extract her.

The cake tossing was tacky, but it was also obviously pre-planned by Bravo.

I find Danielle and Melissa's bad nose jobs distracting.

• Love 2

I don’t watch this show anymore because it’s just too much yelling, screaming, gossiping, talking behind everyone’s backs, Danielle’s return, etc. I happened across the Boca vacation with T taking swimming lessons today. I lasted 5 minutes. Who in the hell acts like this in real life? No one that I’ve ever know or ever wanted to know. This is not entertaining, uplifting or fun to watch. BLECH.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, stcroix said:

I believe Kungfubunny found this from last season.  And if I'm remembering right Siggy did have plastic surgery.  So I take back my comment that she doesn't appear on the show without being fully made up!  She's got more nerve that I! 

Thanks St. Croix!  

3 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

I don’t watch this show anymore because it’s just too much yelling, screaming, gossiping, talking behind everyone’s backs, Danielle’s return, etc. I happened across the Boca vacation with T taking swimming lessons today. I lasted 5 minutes. Who in the hell acts like this in real life? No one that I’ve ever know or ever wanted to know. This is not entertaining, uplifting or fun to watch. BLECH.

I haven't watched much of NJ in a long time.   This was one reason.  I'm curious about Danielle, though, and am watching this season.  Although if the last episode was any indication of how things will be going forward, I might not last long.

NYC this season was such a breath of fresh air.  All the other cities have devolved (is that a word?) into fighting matches and it's just too much.  Same stuff, different cities.  

• Love 3

I was confused by Teresa's swim lesson. She was acting deathly afraid in that pool yet in prior scenes she was confidently on a paddle board in the Atlantic ocean. And weren't there scenes in earlier seasons when she was rafting?

Siggy is a disgusting braggart.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, lezlers said:

So Siggy and Delores can lose me with all that "loyalty" bullshit.

Also, if Delores knew Teresa and her mom since she was 16, how is it that she owes Soggy any loyalty?  Because production demanded that at least one person take her side?  It makes no sense otherwise.

• Love 7
On 10/11/2017 at 9:18 PM, Kiki777 said:

I went from loving Siggy last season to hating her more than I hate Teresa within 2 new episodes.  Ick what a delusional nutball.  (Still sad about the cake though, it looked delicious and I love vanilla cake with strawberry filling.

i like Margaret now and will stop calling her Pigtails.  I didn't think her memorial was a sneaky way to exclude Siggy and Delores.  I do think though that while it was really sweet she did want to suck up to queen bee Teresa at least a little.

WTF happened to Frankie jr- last season he was a cute kid and now he's all jacked up and bloated like his dad.  Put the steroids away, boy.

I agree on both of those points, but Soggy is the most aggravating. If miss manners had bothered being with her guests or answering her phone, she could have participated. The first night I would have been mortified to be seen with Siggy on both nights. Not Theresa or Melissa.

• Love 4

Siggy Flicker reminds me of an episode of Sex and the city where Carrie gets hit by a ciggy flicker dude at an AA meeting. I just cannot get past her stupid name. How long did she search for someone with the last name Flicker?

• Love 3
11 hours ago, Jextella said:

I'm in the midwest now, and here we go "up north" .... usually to a cabin on a lake.

Oh, yes.  I went up north this weekend for colorama.  (Hee).  Does Jextella know what I'm referring to?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Iguessnot said:

I was confused by Teresa's swim lesson. She was acting deathly afraid in that pool yet in prior scenes she was confidently on a paddle board in the Atlantic ocean. And weren't there scenes in earlier seasons when she was rafting?

Siggy is a disgusting braggart.

I think the water was no more than waist deep when she was on the board, with the lifeguard walking alongside.  In the pool, she freaked out when she had to put her face in the water lol.

After all it's Teresa - she swims at her own pace!

Edited by SoCal4Us
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, beesknees said:

Oh, yes.  I went up north this weekend for colorama.  (Hee).  Does Jextella know what I'm referring to?

I've never heard of the word colorama but guessing you mean fall colors?

Is Siggy a member of Mensa?

Edited by Jextella
1 hour ago, SoCal4Us said:

I think the water was no more than waist deep when she was on the board, with the lifeguard walking alongside.  In the pool, she freaked out when she had to put her face in the water lol.

After all it's Teresa - she swims at her own pace!

I did a little research. Season 4 episode 15, Teresa was surfing . She said it was her first time surfing. She was unsteady on the board and constantly falling in the water. Obviously not afraid of having her face in the water. I still need to find the boating episode but it proves the swimming lesson was a farce.

• Love 4

I just want to add that I grew up in North Jersey for a long time, and my sister and mom both attended Ramapo High School in Franklin Lakes. Most women in North Jersey are not this tacky and horrible. These women are serious trash. I never met anyone like them when I lived there. I don't know anyone who would toss a cake at a restaurant. I would have been mortified. This show does everything it can to play up the Jersey girl stereotype.

• Love 5
On 10/12/2017 at 11:25 PM, B3cky50 said:

Zaldamowilder.... 

This entire post is probably one of the best I've ever read on here. I think I've posted on 5 things since I first came here years ago, but I had to sign back in to tell you.
Hilarious and SPOT ON. Please tell me you have a blog. 

Writing is what I'd actually do if money were no object but I understand Carole Radziwill better than I should lol.   Contracts and deadlines are so 2015.    But you did my ego a world a' good, thanks darl ;)

45 minutes ago, Kellyee said:

I just want to add that I grew up in North Jersey for a long time, and my sister and mom both attended Ramapo High School in Franklin Lakes. Most women in North Jersey are not this tacky and horrible. These women are serious trash. I never met anyone like them when I lived there. I don't know anyone who would toss a cake at a restaurant. I would have been mortified. This show does everything it can to play up the Jersey girl stereotype.

Hey neighbor!!   Paramus High School alum here.   I can't say I never saw it growing up - we're still in Jersey - but when I did I'm not sure if I would've attributed it to region or the fact that it was 1987 lol.   When my daughter was younger she was invited to a birthday party in Towaco (I believe that's where the Juicys and Gorgas live).  Do you know I was shocked to find out the host and all the attendees were completely normal (we didn't live close by so ya'll know I *had* to stay).  

Youse guys forgot an entire segment of Jerseyites - the set who live within a stone's throw of the Gdub - you can recognize them in the mawl (® Teeny) by their most casual of Saturday outfits - prada glasses, chanel bag, tori burch boots and of course a fur vest.  These women are actually wealthy.  I feel like Jane Goodall I want to follow them home when I come across them.

I love that you can gamble, grow tomatoes, go down the shore and get some poutine at 4 in the morning 50 miles in any direction.    Philly/SJers accents are still harder for me to understand than all of Boston though lol.   

Edited by ZaldamoWilder
  • Love 5

Boonton here (then, post-college, Wayne, Totowa, Paterson, East Hanover, Chatham, Clifton, Parsippany...). I always felt like a damn bumpkin on the few times I found myself in the Short Hills Mall, haha!

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 1