Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E01: Shaddy Beach

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, msrachelj said:

dear god! it has to be said. it is very fucking easy to spew inspiration and give life advice and all that bull shit when you are filthy rich. especially in this country as it is right now. who friggin cares!  this is crap talk for the 1% or those who have enough credit to think they are.  i thought i liked her too but i don't like any of them. i have had the unfortunate experience to be around this type in the past. shallow to say the least, uninformed, inarticulate, me me me. 

i hate these women but i can't stop watching. i hate-watch the same way i do house hunters!

Hate watching House Hunters and any tiny home show is one of my favorite past times as well!  There should be a drinking game for every when "open concept," "stainless steel appliances" and "I don't like this lighting fixture therefore I don't know if I can live here," is mentioned.

• Love 6

I couldn't stand Siggy last season, but she takes the cakes (or orders it) this season. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I would rather watch Asslee Holmes on screen than Siggy. Her poor kids. Does she actually have any qualifications for being a "relationship expert", or is she just so damn loud that no one could shut her up with her advice giving? This was such a snoozefest. I hope it picks up soon.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

I was conflicted by several things with this premiere.   One of which was that I love cake, but I hate fondant.  So for the fact that it was dressed in edible pastry gum, yeah throw that bitch in the garbage.   The conundrum was you don't trash a thing someone was kind and thoughtful enough to have made especially for you.   I've got a jewelry box full of 1st-6th grade macaroni bracelets to prove it.   I get its food fight advantages, but where I'm from and how we grew up, wasting food intentionally is abhorrent.  That's just never gonna be funny to me.  Second, the reason I probably can't hate Siggy is that she's the only one who went to go clean it up.  I'm sure it was part hurt feelings but the other part seemed like:  the mom in me won't let me sit here looking at your dumb ass make a mess and act like it doesn't bother me.  (sidebar, this is actually why, though I love the Little Couple, I can't watch regularly, ya'll are old enough to sing the clean up song).  Anyway, it may cancel out (for me) the way she spoke to the wait staff.  I didn't find it intentionally rude as much as distracted.  Kinda:  I have ADD and you're in the way of the next thing I want to say before I forget it, so yes, yes, coffeeokaybacktowhatIwassaying.    The way that (is his name Bobby? Billy?) the tall bald waiter greeted her makes me believe she's (generally) not an asshole to servers.

@Mindthinkr

Reveal hidden contents

in the previews, she says something that makes her brother respond with "watch your mouth that's my wife"  to which Tree says "she's not a (real?) Gorga, she's only a Gorga by marriage"   It really doesn't matter what Melissa ever does or says, Teresa will always be that piece of shit who wants her to look like the outsider.....12 damn years later.    Melissa then leaves wherever this conversation is taking place.   She is a far FAR better woman than I could ever be, for real.  My sister in law could get and stay all the way out my life,                                                                                                                                      tenor.gif?itemid=4932175  

OMG - add me to that wagon - Fondant gives me the heebie jeebies. Too many people handling it. I always picture kids having craft time with Play Doh and sticking it onto a cake.

Give me a lopsided imperfect cake with real buttercream frosting or cream cheese frosting any day over a petit four with mystery person's thumbprint embedded in it.

• Love 4

Petite fours deserve the glaze god demanded they have, death to fondant. 

(Thick glaze, not like donut glaze so it's like a pourable frosting-ish thing. Now I want some bahhh)

Edited by Chicklet
  • Love 1

Rewatching.. so Ms “most talented person in the world” (aka, Siggy) feels that a man who insists his wife not follow her passion is a “real man” not a ”pu$$y or wussy” mmmkay... good thing she fancies herself a “relationship expert” yeesh... she’s exhausting. I was living for Margaret’s side-eyes tho... dare I admit I’m looking forward to her challenging the most talented person in the world....

Edited by BodhiGurl
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:
9 hours ago, Rbonnie said:

which one or two, I can fix em.  Lol.  I kid, I kid.  here, take 1/2 my sandwich.

Yay, thanks!  I am kinda hungry. Can't wait to braid each other's hair, well you can braid mine, yours is kind of short.  But we can talk about boys!  (If you don't like boys we'll talk about girls) (or housewives)

all kidding aside you are really hilarious and spot on with your thoughts, I love it

• Love 1
On 10/6/2017 at 10:09 AM, lezlers said:

It was Siggy.  I can't fucking STAND Siggy, but I didn't think she was rude when she was ordering coffee.  He was her waiter taking her order, she wasn't outwardly rude but she doesn't have to kiss his ass while asking for coffee, either.  Her grabbing that waiters ass at the restaurant the evening before was insanely inappropriate, though.   One hour of Siggy was more than I could bear.  I'm surprised she lets her husband boss her around like that.  For starters, she's overbearing herself, so it's weird seeing her take orders from someone else.  Secondly, she's clearly narcissistic, so I'm surprised she even gives a shit was her husband thinks.  Finally, how could she think to deprive the world of the most talented person on the planet 24/7? (gag)

I rewatched that scene and I really think it was Delores. 

• Love 2
15 hours ago, sasha206 said:

Hate watching House Hunters and any tiny home show is one of my favorite past times as well!  There should be a drinking game for every when "open concept," "stainless steel appliances" and "I don't like this lighting fixture therefore I don't know if I can live here," is mentioned.

Lol. Sounds good, but my liver would implode.

12 hours ago, BodhiGurl said:

Rewatching.. so Ms “most talented person in the world” (aka, Siggy) feels that a man who insists his wife not follow her passion is a “real man” not a ”pu$$y or wussy” mmmkay... good thing she fancies herself a “relationship expert” yeesh... she’s exhausting. I was living for Margaret’s side-eyes tho... dare I admit I’m looking forward to her challenging the most talented person in the world....

I found Siggy/Soggy/Peggy/Huggy perplexing, too. What, exactly, is her "talent"? Regurgitating feel-good bumper stickers? Remembering the morals of after-school specials? Cribbing notes from a middle-schooler's Tumblr? I just can't understand her career.  I haven't read her books, but I'm hoping there's something more insightful than the "Hugs, Not Drugs"-level platitudes we've heard from her.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, BodhiGurl said:

I know right?

Ms. "Know Your Worth" is saying it's sexy for a man to tell her not to use her worth.  WTF kind of advice is that?  What an asshole.

I love Margaret already, with the exception of her always talking about sex with her hubby. When someone talks so much about their fabulous sex life, I tend to think they don't have one.

• Love 3

I hate Teresa with a passion. What a delusional, piece of shit she is.

Yeah, now that Juicy is away, Teresa's all about putting the sole blame on him for her crimes. Felonious coward. I'd love it if he served her divorce papers.

• Love 1
On 10/7/2017 at 4:18 PM, imjagain said:

The beginning about Teresa's mom dying made me so sad. It's never easy to lose a parent. 

Teresa is angry at Joe because she missed out on her mom's life for a year . I understand that they were responsible but Teresa is mourning , and anger is part of it. I personally think deep in her heart she knows joe was cheating. And now with her mom gone, she's sad and angry  and her truth about joe is coming out. 

This is exactly what I was thinking.  Teresa could forgive Joe for many things, however, the time she lost at camp away from her mother isn’t one of them.  In addition she must consider the stress the legal issues put upon her parents.  This couldn’t have helped the parents health and ultimately she blames Joe for this.

• Love 6

Thank God Jacqueline's not on the show. Do not miss her at all! Her Teresa hate was exhausting.

Siggy sucks all the oxygen out of a room and not in a good way. There is nothing about her or her life that would make me want to buy her book. She dishes out "advice" but the minute the women started questioning her about her husband she dumped her wine on the table. She obviously didn't care if anyone got splashed either. That's why imo she has very little right to be upset with the cake throwing, she set the example.

If you're going to wear pigtails you should probably have more hair. Other than that Margaret seems like a take no prisoners bitch which should be good.

• Love 1

No wonder what the "ongoing argument they can't get over" is...betting infidelity cause that's just how the guy is.. so lovable in Delores's eyes.. PUKE.

Does the ongoing argument have to do with why he's still so close with his ex-wife?  Because that would do it for me!  If I guy I was dating moved in with his ex I would be like buh-bye. 

I could be wrong but my gut tells me Teresa is laying the  "poor me, what else could I do" groundwork for a divorce down the road. 

This is exactly what Caroline Manzo predicted about 6 years ago, if anyone remembers that.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, FamilyVan said:

This is exactly what Caroline Manzo predicted about 6 years ago, if anyone remembers that.

I don't remember that, was Caroline referring to Tre and Joe and the state of their marriage vs. Joe's infidelity or shady business dealings?  But yes Teresa could be using her air time to lay the ground work for a divorce but I doubt she would actually divorce Juicy Joe.  

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I don't remember that, was Caroline referring to Tre and Joe and the state of their marriage vs. Joe's infidelity or shady business dealings?  But yes Teresa could be using her air time to lay the ground work for a divorce but I doubt she would actually divorce Juicy Joe.  

i don't remember Caroline referring to the Guidice's getting a divorce, she said Joe would go to prison and Teresa would profit off it by writing a book about raising her kids alone. Which I guess is true but it's a bitchy thing to say.  Teresa certainly wouldn't have chosen the road she's traveled the past few years if she could have avoided it.

• Love 1

Watching Caroline reminds me how much I like her.

Jac - honestly watching the episode she did not even cross my mind once, I was only reminded that she was ever on the show when she came up in discussion here. 

I am wondering - does Delores' ex own that house?  I have a funny feeling he does.  I think he owns it, and that is part of why he feels like he can just move in there.  I remember last year when she was renovating it, he had to be involved and had a lot to say about what was being done.  I bet he owns it.  She lives there at his benevolence.

I thought the cake/playfullness with Melissa and Tre was cute.  That dinner actually seemed like it was going well, everyone was laughing, enjoying themselves.  In years past bringing up something like that bachelorette fight from Tre & Melissa's past would have set them on a huge argument.  Here we see them laughing and shoving cake in each others face.  Tre used her actual piece of cake that she was eating and then Melissa grabbed the top tier of the cake, then Tre went for the base of the cake and flung it.  I do think this all was out of line and I would be mortified if my friends or my sister did this in a restaurant. But Siggy getting so mad about it was seriously being a wet blanket. They whole night was fun, Siggy is really the one who soured it by pouting and scolding everyone so hard about it all.

Also I loved the faces Margaret was making while Siggy talked - all kind of awesome.  I think I will like her.

• Love 3
On 10/15/2017 at 8:20 AM, FamilyVan said:

I am wondering - does Delores' ex own that house?  I have a funny feeling he does.  I think he owns it, and that is part of why he feels like he can just move in there.  I remember last year when she was renovating it, he had to be involved and had a lot to say about what was being done.  I bet he owns it.  She lives there at his benevolence.

I thought the cake/playfullness with Melissa and Tre was cute.  That dinner actually seemed like it was going well, everyone was laughing, enjoying themselves.  In years past bringing up something like that bachelorette fight from Tre & Melissa's past would have set them on a huge argument.  Here we see them laughing and shoving cake in each others face.  Tre used her actual piece of cake that she was eating and then Melissa grabbed the top tier of the cake, then Tre went for the base of the cake and flung it.  I do think this all was out of line and I would be mortified if my friends or my sister did this in a restaurant. But Siggy getting so mad about it was seriously being a wet blanket. They whole night was fun, Siggy is really the one who soured it by pouting and scolding everyone so hard about it all.

Also I loved the faces Margaret was making while Siggy talked - all kind of awesome.  I think I will like her.

The silly woman wasn't even paying her own bills. He paid for the renovation and I'm sure he owns the house. 

I always disliked Melissa however I liked that she and Teresa decided to reconcile for the sake of their family. It's good that they can laugh at the things that used to result in rages. I hope it endures.

Edited by Iguessnot
  • Love 1
On 10/4/2017 at 10:26 PM, breezy424 said:

What a yawn and Tre is still saying that it's all Joe's fault and she had nothing to do with it.  Meanwhile, she's still living 'grand' in the stucco box after they cheated companies out of millions of dollars.

And the poor girl hasn't been on vacation in 4 years.  Poor dear.  I bet all those people they swindled out of money haven't been on vacation either.  

• Love 3

If I were Melissa, I would have been super pissed that someone put cake on my hair and face. I DO NOT like people getting physical with me whatsoever -- not even in "jest".  I do not play like that at all.  I am also on Siggy's side.  It was disrespectful of her for Teresa to start the mess with the cake.  Melissa was just defending herself, so I don't blame her.  Teresa said she didn't think about it. Somebody better fucking think about it if I shell out hundreds of dollars for something...

My mom once had a cat who was legit psycho, and the vet put him on some kind of tranquilizer, and then he was still kind of low-grade, stealth-crazy with a vaguely stoned look on his face always. 

Danielle Staub reminds me of that cat. 

Edited by ladle
  • Love 3