Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E03: Part Three

OMG, it's Paul Gross, of my beloved Due South, as Kinnear!! Not only has he kept his looks, he's now a smoking-hot silver fox (and he does a pretty damned good Scots accent). Of course, I'll have to get over all of these facts, as I suspect this character will most certainly not be upholding the values of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.

But still--Paul Gross!!

ETA: I've been knitting as I watch this, so not really paying attention to the credits. I'm kind of glad, because seeing him without realizing I'd be seeing him was such a great surprise!

Edited by spaceghostess
  • Love 3

This episode seemed a little boring, though it was necessary to set the stage for coming events. One problem with all the episodes so far is that the doctor interviewing Grace speaks in such an expressionless way. Even though that may be a deliberate (acting) choice--as a psychiatrist he doesn't want his own feelings to influence what Grace remembers or says--it has the effect of making the scenes he is in less interesting. He even talks that way with other people, so he comes across as an almost lifeless character. No spoilers, but in the book we learned much more about him, and this added more tension when he interviewed Grace.

Can anybody explain what Nancy was talking about when Kinnear was off to visit his friend? The wife wasn't gonna be there so that made it easier for him to visit. But then Grace asked "why is that?" and Nancy gave some explanation about someone being sent off somewhere. Who was she talking about? Thanks. 

10 hours ago, viamber said:

Can anybody explain what Nancy was talking about when Kinnear was off to visit his friend? The wife wasn't gonna be there so that made it easier for him to visit. But then Grace asked "why is that?" and Nancy gave some explanation about someone being sent off somewhere. Who was she talking about? Thanks. 

She was talking about Kinnear. His family originally sent him to Canada to escape scandal involving a woman or to escape gambling debts.

• Love 1
On 11/5/2017 at 2:28 PM, spaceghostess said:

OMG, it's Paul Gross, of my beloved Due South, as Kinnear!! Not only has he kept his looks, he's now a smoking-hot silver fox (and he does a pretty damned good Scots accent). Of course, I'll have to get over all of these facts, as I suspect this character will most certainly not be upholding the values of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.

But still--Paul Gross!!

ETA: I've been knitting as I watch this, so not really paying attention to the credits. I'm kind of glad, because seeing him without realizing I'd be seeing him was such a great surprise!

I saw his name in the credits early on, and was on the lookout for him. Spotted him immediately when Mr. Kinnear showed up. If you haven't seen Slings and Arrows, do yourself a favor and find it now! One of the best shows I've ever watched. He is terrific in it.

• Love 2

After the cook's veiled warning in the previous episode, I was bracing myself this entire episode for Kinnear to be super rapey. Thankfully he only seems interested in Nancy (so far). Even if we didn't know from the earlier episodes that McDermott called Grace a murdering whore, he still would have creeped me out. His apology didn't seem very sincere either. Now that I'm halfway through, I kind of want to slow down because I'm really enjoying the show and don't want it to end! On the other hand, once I finish watching all the episodes, I can read the book.

I agree that Simon is pretty expressionless, which I also agree is his attempt at being professional. Heh, but his little fantasies show why he is trying so hard to maintain his professionalism.

• Love 6
On 11/14/2017 at 9:09 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

After the cook's veiled warning in the previous episode, I was bracing myself this entire episode for Kinnear to be super rapey. Thankfully he only seems interested in Nancy (so far). Even if we didn't know from the earlier episodes that McDermott called Grace a murdering whore, he still would have creeped me out. His apology didn't seem very sincere either. Now that I'm halfway through, I kind of want to slow down because I'm really enjoying the show and don't want it to end! On the other hand, once I finish watching all the episodes, I can read the book.

I felt like his "women look good when they blush" (paraphrasing here)comment towards Grace was pretty inappropriate. 

I agree that i don't want the show to end :( I'm really enjoying it. 

Thank you for saying that because I heard “mish”

and thought “mush butter? What does that mean?”

Nancy seems possessive and jealous so why hire such a pretty maid? This is when I guess it would help if she looked younger. 

I feel sorry for wee Jamie who seems sweet on Grace. Johnny is a jerk and all I can say is there must be pheromones because I  find him repellant...