Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

Maybe that's why Clyde kidnaps her, so that he can raise his grandchild his way.

Man, this makes me feel very sorry for Clyde.  The guy may be bad, but can you imagine being stuck with Abigail alone for any length of time??  Having to listen to her blathering will be almost as bad as having to listen to Jenn shriek and whistle like a rabid bat when she finds out HER BABY has been kidnapped.

• Love 2

Well, that promo was confusing..

We've gone from A to Z, with all of the other letters in the middle gone missing....

I'm confused.  Are we sure that is new footage of Sami and EJ.  Seems like it could have been lifted from the Sami won't sleep with EJ because he protected Kristne storyline.  Never saw ay of that.

Yeah, I'm wondering if that was some kind of fake-out. The transition back together seems way too quick. This show is dumb, so it could be real, but the transition is odd.

The spoilers for Days always seem so misleading.

Edited by bantering

In response to questions from fans on twitter, Alison Sweeney replied that there were a lot of things Sami and EJ should have said to each other, and problems they should have discussed/worked on, but it didn't happen.

I think the promo is either misleading, or idiot Corday and the idiot writers believed they might get AS or JS to stay so they didn't bother writing an exit for them until the very last second.

Since one day in Salem is a week or a week and a half our time, that really only leaves about eight or ten days Salem time before both Sami and EJ are gone.

If EJami are reconciling, I don't think I care about whether it makes sense or not, just cos this whole storyline didn't even make sense and was a ploy to prop Abby. The closer we get to AS and JS leaving, the less I'll hopefully see of KM in scenes with them. If this article drama is the last of Abby vs. Sami and a way to get EJ and Sami to team up, I'll take it. Hopefully this is the fork in the road where Abby becomes irrelevant to Sami and EJ. Although. I did read that for the week of September first, the spectre of EJ hangs over Ben and Abby. Here's hoping it's in an abstract way that doesn't mean much and that their won't be anymore interviews of KM milking Abby's lingering feelings for EJ. I wish they would move past using this Abby/EJ thing as a plot point, but Deirdre Hall said she shared scenes with KM during September, so maybe Marlena offers therapy to Abby?

I don't 'ship Sami with anyone (except maybe Kate, haha), but I'm really disturbed at the increasingly likely prospect of her and EJ getting back together. No matter how much I happen to loathe Abby, I've always really hated the message that it's only the 'other woman' who deserves all the wife's wrath while said cheated upon wife forgives the cheating man who had the commitment to her in the first place. Sadly, I've found that to often be true to life, but I think it sucks as as a sendoff story for Sami. I adore sami, but that would make her look weak, desperate and pathetic to me. Combine this affair with the gazillion other instances of how grossly dysfunctional this couple's history is, even by soap standards, and I just can't feel anything but a mild wave of nausea at the idea of them reconciling.  And this is coming from someone who used to enjoy EJ a lot, by the way, if only because he's one of the few Salem men with even a shred of personality! 

• Love 7

I hate Abby more than I hate EJami being together, so since the writing is on the wall, I'll just enjoy getting to see Abby miffed at them being happy. Although, AS did say EJami didn't get to talk a lot of stuff through, so maybe EJ does die in the end. So I'll still be happy. I think Abby as the other women makes me want to see EJami together because she is disrespectful of Sami and she thought her affair with EJ would be the last straw. Maybe women take it out on the other woman more because she actively wants to use problems in their relationship to cause a permanent break up? I can see a wife forgiving her husband for seeking sex elsewhere ( if it was just physical) over remembering that the woman who wants her marriage to break up is equally culpable.

• Love 1

I definitely know what you're saying, queenie. And I hate Abby (and the jaw-droppingly terrible actress who plays her!) with a fiery passion, but I guess I just generally feel like the person who's actually made the romantic commitment to you is more culpable for violating that commitment than the 'other woman.' I think it just makes Sami disappointingly pathetic for running back to EJ, especially when one considers all that transpired between them even pre-Abby. Personally, I'd prefer she go out by setting them both on fire and figuring out how to be happy without a man in her life, but perhaps that's a little extreme ;) 

• Love 6

I don't think so.  I would love to see Sami set EJ and the boring twit on fire.  There are so many reasons Sami should not get back together with EJ.  Beginning with EJ blaming Sami for his cheating, dismissing it as being no big deal, and acting like Sami is in the wrong for being hurt and angry.  EJ is so abusive to Sami.  I really want him to die.

• Love 4

Days has announced that Mellisa Archer, who played Natalie on OLTL, will be joining the show in the fall.  Her character has not been revealed.

Kassie dePaiva tweeted a welcome to the show to her today, so probably four months from now?

• Love 3

Days has announced that Mellisa Archer, who played Natalie on OLTL, will be joining the show in the fall.  Her character has not been revealed.

Kassie dePaiva tweeted a welcome to the show to her today, so probably four months from now?

Can't wait to see her on screen again! LOVED Natalie on OLTL! FRESH NEW STORIES, PLEASE!

Thanks for posting!

Oh boy......

So Flubbette is coming to Salem......The actor has lots of fans but I'm not one of them.  She....how do I say this.....has a certain abrasive quality similar to sandpaper on a chalkboard.

And that's when she's going for "dramatic".  When she's doing comedy......ohboyohboyohboy.....

Maybe she's spent this time since OLTL ended taking acting lessons???

• Love 1

Rumor is that she's going to be Maggie's daughter Sarah.

Hmmm,,,,, I can see that.  Although wouldn't Maggie's daughter Sarah be older?

Physically, though, they do share some characteristics.  Red hair, of course, and a certain undeniable "presence" in the upper regions.

• Love 1

Oh excellent! I like her too! I remember her more from her early days of OLTL but I liked her style. It's nice to see they are bringing in more new actors. Plus it means more competition for KM's airtime.

• Love 2

Here's to hoping this new character and Abby don't become friends.

I heartily agree. I'm hoping that NO ONE becomes friends with Abigail and all her scenes are with Jennifer so I can skip right over them.  I do like the idea someone had about Abigail and Daniel pairing up because the LOLs would be priceless. SC's expressions of utter pain and despair while he has to "act" with KM and MR would be worth watching. 

• Love 3

I do like the idea someone had about Abigail and Daniel pairing up because the LOLs would be priceless. SC's expressions of utter pain and despair while he has to "act" with KM and MR would be worth watching.

I can't get that scene out of my head when Abs showed up unexpectedly at Dirty Dan's apt while he was trying to take Parker out for the 4th. He was annoyed as hell and she wouldn't tell him about the law suit, just that something was going on.  It looked like she wanted him.  Then he gets accosted by Eve in the square.  I almost felt badly for the him that day.  So yeah, I think he would hate working with KM.  Seducing DD is probably the only thing that would make JenJen finally have a talk with her daughter.  I seriously don't believe they didn't consider taking her to a shrink, even if it was just that they were worried about her poor fee-fees. Then the shrink would put a proper diagnosis on it.  But now that I think about it, it would come back to daddy issues and I don't want to see Jack blamed in any way, despite his responsibility for abandoning his family for walkabouts.  I keep wondering if KM as an actress knows how this is being received.  Sweetheart?  Woody Allen calls you, not the other way around.  "I always knew I would be in entertainment....I want to be a triple threat..."  Does Jen even know about the pregnancy Abs so desperately wanted?

I heartily agree. I'm hoping that NO ONE becomes friends with Abigail

The one thing I like to remember when I'm loving to hate Abs, is that back in the day where there was Melanie, Chad, Nathan, Gabby - her age group - none of them really let her in on what was going on.  They couldn't stand her either. 

Edited by QuelleC
  • Love 3

Oh excellent! I like her too! I remember her more from her early days of OLTL but I liked her style. It's nice to see they are bringing in more new actors. Plus it means more competition for KM's airtime.

Thank you.   You've just given me a reason to be happy about MS coming to Salem.  If she reduces KM's airtime, and/or makes her life miserable, I will put her at the top of my LIKE list.

Hope is a wonderful thing!

• Love 2

I can't get that scene out of my head when Abs showed up unexpectedly at Dirty Dan's apt while he was trying to take Parker out for the 4th. He was annoyed as hell and she wouldn't tell him about the law suit, just that something was going on.  It looked like she wanted him.  Then he gets accosted by Eve in the square.  I almost felt badly for the him that day.  So yeah, I think he would hate working with KM.  

I think it's very telling that when SC acts opposite Nicole or Kristen, he comes to life. He gets all twinkly and sparkly and yeah, the character is still annoying because he's SuperDan, but at least he looks like he's having fun. When he has to do a scene with MR, the light goes out and he looks pained and constipated.  I remember the day you are referencing when he ran into both Abby and Eve and I felt bad for him too.  All he wants to do is take his kid for a walk and he can't get away from these self-absorbed ninnies. He should just tell them all he's gay now so he could have some peace.  Maybe him and Sonny could hook up.  Anyone's better than Howdy Doody Will.

Thank you.   You've just given me a reason to be happy about MS coming to Salem.  If she reduces KM's airtime, and/or makes her life miserable, I will put her at the top of my LIKE list.

Hope is a wonderful thing!

Glad to help out.  I don't remember too much about her acting but I thought she was great when she was pining away for the cop that used to be a vampire. She's got ooomph and Days seriously needs a big helping of that.  I also love her red hair.  She's different than your usual soap actress.

Melissa Archer should be interesting.  I liked her on OLTL, especially her early run when she bonded with Christian and was being gaslighted by the awful Jen Rappaport.  She can be very good given the right story.  And yes, a thousand times yes, if her arrival means less time for the awful Abigal and her hag of a mother, all the better. 

• Love 3
(edited)

Melissa Archer should be interesting.  I liked her on OLTL, especially her early run when she bonded with Christian and was being gaslighted by the awful Jen Rappaport.  She can be very good given the right story.  And yes, a thousand times yes, if her arrival means less time for the awful Abigal and her hag of a mother, all the better. 

You're right, she was good in that storyline.  And I also enjoyed her when she came to town with that HUGE chip on her shoulder, and all the Mitch Lawrence fallout.  It was only her relationship with McBain that soured me on the character so much.  I didn't like Jessica being de-Bucked in favor of her but the show made that right in the end.

MS as Maggie's daughter could be good, especially if she comes to town and is utterly UNimpressed with her new brother.  And at least she won't want to date him......please, soap gods, don't go there.

And isn't Sarah the child that Eve accidentally ran down in a drunken stupor years ago?  Yep, feeling more hopeful.

Edited by boes
  • Love 2

Rumor is that she's going to be Maggie's daughter Sarah.

Great another uprighteous Horton on the screen. 

Maybe that's why Clyde kidnaps her, so that he can raise his grandchild his way.

If he bounds and gags Abby so I don't have to listen to Miss High & Mighty for a few weeks I will kiss creepy Clyde on the cheek. 

• Love 3

Even though I know Days shoots very far ahead, it is still striking or surprising or something whenever I see it in print.  It's ridiculous.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to Melissa.  Hopefully the writers won't fuck it all up by making her a sanctimonious blowhard like Jennifer, Abby, Maggie, Daniel, etc.

From http://soaps.sheknows.com/daysofourlives/spoilers/:

Fall previews from Ken Corday:

When Chad returns to Salem, he and EJ and Kristen have some heated moments, especially with EJ, which gets physical.

Chad is ready to find his place as a prominent member of the DiMera family.

Jordan is confronted by a man from her past and Chad comes to her rescue.

EJ too will be confronted by someone from his past who has been keeping tabs on him. They're not happy with what happened with Abigail.

EJ's more determined to win Sami back no matter what and if it means taking a more drastic stand against the family, he'll do it.

Nicole considers taking a job outside of Salem. She's curious how Eric will feel about that.

Tension between Daniel and Nicole eases.

Hope and Aiden kiss, and finally confront their feelings for one another head on.

Hope makes a decision regarding Bo. Executive Producer, Ken Corday says, "We felt the time was right to address Bo's absence so we could move Hope's story to another level."

Brady and Theresa's relationship takes another turn. They won't be able to stay out of each other's lives.

Clyde expands his sketchy business into Salem while he pursues Kate.

Will moves on to his next story with the DiMera family in his crosshairs once again.

JJ gets into trouble after a college party as Eve plots to break him and Paige up.

Chad and Jordan?  Interesting.

I wonder who the person from EJ's past is?  Maybe his mother?

Edited by Rick Kitchen

Thank you! That's the name of the ex-vampire cop. I couldn't remember it. I know he took his glum self over to GH but that's the last I heard of him.

DOOL is the first I heard of him.  I bet the next time his contract is up, DOOL tries to reunite him and whoever Melissa Archer is playing.

Tanner was an eternally boring character, but pretty despite his stupid hair.

Hope makes a decision regarding Bo. Executive Producer, Ken Corday says, "We felt the time was right to address Bo's absence so we could move Hope's story to another level."

The right time was two years ago when Bo left, but hey, better late than never, huh?  (insert huge eye roll at Corday)

• Love 3

When Chad returns to Salem, he and EJ and Kristen have some heated moments, especially with EJ, which gets physical.

I hope Chad beats EJ's ass.

Jordan is confronted by a man from her past and Chad comes to her rescue.

I hope Chad doesn't get stuck with useless Jordan. Keep her with Rafe.

Will moves on to his next story with the DiMera family in his crosshairs once again.

Will is way too bold for his own good. Someone needs to "teach him a lesson."

• Love 2

Chad wants to rescue that boring twit Jordan. Don't even think he can make Jordan entertaining. Well at least it ain't Lucas.

If Will wants to put the DiMeras in his crosshairs I won't mind Kristen or Stefano killing Will. Put most of us out of our misery and we don't have to look at GW's horrible acting anymore.

Don't know how I feel about Kate and Clyde. While Clyde is interesting, and he keeps calling Abby beautiful. Why not take Abby? Abby loves older men so surprised she hasn't gotten closer to Ben/Ollie/Kevin just so that she can keep making goo goo eyes at Clyde.

Hope & Aiden. Yawn. Aiden just looks weird to me and if Hope wants me to take her seriously, she needs to lay off them tights she's been sporting lately with the floral print cause it looks like something a high school or middle school girl would wear.

Of course JJ has to be the one that gets in trouble. Why not Paige? Then again if it's Paige we might have to endure Jenn's shrieking and neck straining.

• Love 1

Poor Chad he is going to be immediately stuck in dullsville with Jordan, the boring twit, and his idiot relatives.

James Scott at Boston event:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A170S0mAM1k

Jen Lilley:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNI6R49F91g

HEA Endings:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKTG0h7qgh4

Thank you so much for posting these, how great.

James Scott comes across as a very charming guy, and the dismay he expresses about his character's direction is both a hoot and sadly true.

Jen Lilley .... that woman is a treasure and I hope that TPTB at Days treat her as such.

And the Happy Endings bit is pure fun.  Eric Martzolf and Chrishell Strause in particular were charming - but they all are.

Thanks again for sharing this.

• Love 1

The thoughts about EJ becoming exceedingly dumber were pretty funny. It would have been even funnier if the camera had panned over to Brady/EM, although I can't remember if he was ever actually smart, even if only for a day or two.

I can't get over how different the lady who plays Jordan is in real life.

In the new soaps preview for the fall season, it was mentioned that Chad might get involved with Jordan.

Edited by bantering