Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

Here's the link to the DOOL forum I lurk on:   http://daytimeroyaltyonline.com/forum/3000335/

They have administrators and posters who get behind the scenes info, and one of them advised that Ari was still filming as of Dec. 19th.  I've also read there that Eric will be on screen until April.

I agree with y'all that DEATH is not the only way to get a character off screen.   Serena - maybe.  Paige - possibly.  Will - never, he should have just gone to Paris to try to win Sonny back.  Daniel - ehhhh - I don't care, but still creative writers could have found a different exit.

The only death that made real sense was Bo, since Peter Reckell really, really says he is done with Bo and acting, so it was the only way to let Hope move on.

• Love 4

I agree with y'all that DEATH is not the only way to get a character off screen. Serena - maybe. Paige - possibly. Will - never, he should have just gone to Paris to try to win Sonny back. Daniel - ehhhh - I don't care, but still creative writers could have found a different exit.

The only death that made real sense was Bo, since Peter Reckell really, really says he is done with Bo and acting, so it was the only way to let Hope move on.

Correct and correct.

I wasn't some huge fan of Guy Wilson's Will but since Freddie was leaving they could had wrote them both organically out without killing Will. I still don't agree the writers killed Will because they were homophobic, that's bs since they killed women too, should NOW or other feminist groups be on the phone and be like "Youre soap is sexist stop killing women characters." It's just legacy characters especially when they come from The Hortons is a no-no since they have been a stable family since the very beginning.

Bo dying (even though there are still raw feelings with that from Bope and Bo fans alike) was understandable for me (coming a huge Bope fan). And while the actors wishes alot times shouldn't come before the character, I couldn't see anyone else playing Bo but PR. Look at Bold and the Beautiful right now with Thorsten Kaye playing Ridge. He's definitely a better actor than Ron Moss but he's a sleeper in the role and you can't play out Ridge/Brookes troubled history via flashbacks either. And Hope would had never fully moved on if she knew Bo was still out there and could possibly come back to her romantically even they didn't character assassinate Aiden and they married - it would still be a lingering effect from Hope that Aiden wasn't Bo. Death was what kept Bo and Hope apart the first time when Hope disappeared for four years. Death was the only way to keep those two apart again.

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 2

Considering Dan ended up leaving anyway, I remain bummed he wasn't the killer in the end. It would have been much more interesting for him to snap, considering his connections to Paige and Serena through his loved ones and friends. They still could have had Ben get blamed for the murders too. Let's say they started to establish that JJ didn't trust Ben after Clyde was arrested...then Ben might have snapped and attacked JJ, been accused of all the murders and kidnapped Abigail to the cabin, etc, etc. And then the big reveal of Daniel as the real killer could have still happened.

SC's one shot of looking at Marlena in her hospital bed was enough to get me excited about what he could do as a villain...certainly more than Mannequin Ben.

I'm a little confused by why John seems to appear happy applauding Theresa at the fashion show. Hopefully there's a line about how its all for Brady's sake and about keeping up appearances...because she almost killed him, yo! I kinda like John/Theresa as enemies. Anne had better be front-and-centre there too.

Bo's exit was a sad mess for me. They really could have had noble Aiden bow out of the wedding to give Hope time to deal with her husband's return (and take Chase with him, to Ciara's disappointment), Bo stick around through New Year's to bond with everyone again and ease Caroline into health (stupid, but clearly still a plot point they wanted to go ahead with) and then die from problems stemming from all the torture in early Jan. Then Hope could have still gone rogue and Aiden could have returned, and we would have had a happier Xmas with Bo back.

The other characters would still have been mourned but having one more Xmas with Caroline and all her kids around her would have been great.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 6

I don't think the pain would had made it easier for me as a Bo fan.

Could you imagine seeing him like GH's Stone Cates hang on for life up til this point - having seizures, going blind, bed ridden and/or with an oxygen tank during Horton Christmas trimming. My heart just would had been a mess. Too much. I wouldn't want remember Bo like that.

Besides, I had grown use to PR not being on the show. I had my mourning 3 years ago when he chose to retire then. What I hated was how TomSell couldn't give him a proper exit story then but instead had to go make him a deadbeat dad who neglected his wife and young daughter. Bullshit.

Aiden could had been a formidable character still had TomSell filled in holes and suspicion into his past properly as well. Daniel Cosgrove and Kristian Alfonso did have good chemistry but Aiden I couldn't really trust as far as I could throw him.

Plus sidenote - those Haiden fans scare me.

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 1

Damn you had to go and mention Stone :( By far for me the toughest and saddest soap death to watch. As rough as Bo dying was I would have HATED a slow death like Stone. Ironically I also rank BJ'S death on GH as one of the saddest and now it looks like they're going with the same premise on Days with the whole organ donation thing.

Don't even get me started on the hatchet job they pulled with Aiden. Still posses me off they went that route.

Wasn't it said somewhere GV said in an interview SC was fired or was that a rumor?

• Love 5

Wasn't it said somewhere GV said in an interview SC was fired or was that a rumor?

Hmm haven't read anything on that. Shawn C. was up for contract negotiations and apparently was indecisive if he wanted to come back or not. I guess with he wanted to make sure whatever new acting gigs were solid and set before he gave Corday/Sony his word he was going for sure.

I wouldn't have wanted a slow death for Bo. I wanted the while month of December to be him back and being normal, and not suspecting he was ill. Heck maybe he would have been examined by Tan, who would say to rest rest rest but he'd ignore that. And since it would only be one scene, it wouldn't be heavy foreshadowing. And then there could have been talks with Shawn D and Ciara and Claire and John and Roman and Aiden and Caroline. Like a whole month of Bo being okay and understanding what Hope found with Aiden and them bring all resolved and okay with one another. And sure, sleeping together one last time, but without it being crazy manipulative, the way it was in reality.

And then in January, Bo could be called out for skipping so many appointments and go in and learn he needs to be hospitalized, but not want to and just pass in his car or something. Something simple. No Hope ripping up plants. Just satisfying.

There was nothing satisfying about how they did it.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 4

Damn you had to go and mention Stone :( By far for me the toughest and saddest soap death to watch. As rough as Bo dying was I would have HATED a slow death like Stone. Ironically I also rank BJ'S death on GH as one of the saddest and now it looks like they're going with the same premise on Days with the whole organ donation thing.

Don't even get me started on the hatchet job they pulled with Aiden. Still posses me off they went that route.

Yes, GV did say in an interview that he and SC were let go.

The interview can be found here. This is an excellent message board. 

http://daytimeroyaltyonline.com/forum/3000335/

• Love 1

I go there to be updated on what goes on but some scare me there too. Like now all is talked about Crabby this and that. That's why I came here. I needed a balance and not be attacked not liking the show eaters.

Yes I know what you mean. I go over there for the scoops and interviews. I come here for the balance too.

• Love 1

I go there to be updated on what goes on but some scare me there too. Like now all is talked about Crabby this and that. That's why I came here. I needed a balance and not be attacked not liking the show eaters.

Yes I know what you mean. I go over there for the scoops and interviews. I come here for the balance too.

Me too.  They have the scoops, but I just lurk there.  I like this forum for actually expressing my thoughts and opinions. :)

• Love 1

Oh you know he will get used eventually. I think they are clearing the decks once Daniel and Eric goes they will slide him in. Wasn't one of his first scenes was with Nicole? The writers were already chemtesting them. And who knows Chloe comes back full time in the Spring so he could be for her too.

• Love 2

Oh he'll be seen again.  There was an article last month about how his original 3 month stint got a contract extension so given how far DAYS tapes in advance I bet he probably did more episodes even before the contract extension. I'm fully expecting him to be seen at Daniel's funeral, too.

I'm so over the Ava/Steve/Kayla storyline already, and it's only just begun.

I am too. It's like the same thing from years back is being repeated. There are other potential storylines for Steve and Kayla besides Ava. Joining Hope on her revenge quest to find Bo's captors would have made more sense. I'm not even gonna get started on this Ava/Joey hinting crap!

• Love 4

If I was Freud and I looked at the presentation of Corday's stories ala "romance"--(the destruction of popular super couples and the older woman-younger (sometimes teenage) man love interests) I would infer that Corday has some deep seated sexual frustrations, a penchant for older women, and a string of failed relationships. Because that is basically what he projects on screen. 

The only thing that's making me laugh about what's going to be a total tearjerker of a story is that they just had to make Dan a hero right to the very end if all this speculation is true and he ends up saving Brady by donating organs.

So, does Dr. Tan the Dan Man end up donating his DOOD organs?  Maybe his Hip Twizzler?  Or, gosh, could there be a surfer DUDE necklace transplant in the works?  OH!  Maybe they do a chest hair transplant, Dan to Brady!

Seriously, Show, Dan does not have ONE part anyone either needs or wants.   Hell, even Kristen pulled back at the last moment....

So, does Dr. Tan the Dan Man end up donating his DOOD organs? Maybe his Hip Twizzler? Or, gosh, could there be a surfer DUDE necklace transplant in the works? OH! Maybe they do a chest hair transplant, Dan to Brady!

Seriously, Show, Dan does not have ONE part anyone either needs or wants. Hell, even Kristen pulled back at the last moment....

LOL I hope the recipient doesn't end up orange!

• Love 5

[

So, does Dr. Tan the Dan Man end up donating his DOOD organs? Maybe his Hip Twizzler? Or, gosh, could there be a surfer DUDE necklace transplant in the works? OH! Maybe they do a chest hair transplant, Dan to Brady!

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 2

Hmm

Maybe the brainwashing plot point didn't work for Corday

I just found this

28ivk44.png

I know Dena took a break because of personal matters and Beth Milstein waa put in place. That will be a better fit for Days since Beth gets romance and she was on the show most of the late 80s to early 90s.

Hmm

Maybe the brainwashing plot point didn't work for Corday

I just found this28ivk44.png

I know Dena took a break because of personal matters and Beth Milstein waa put in place. That will be a better fit for Days since Beth gets romance and she was on the show most of the late 80s to early 90s.

When was this posted? Because until the rehire earlier this year, the past part was true.

It was always on her profile, she never changed it.

So this means we are likely still stuck with her. Which means the Ava show with a taste of the horrid Melanie will be in full effect.

Writers like Higley are a huge part of the reason soaps are dying. Shows keep recycling writers who have all but ruined their previous shows. They ruin the show they are on and get hired back a few years later (sound familiar Days). No new blood, now new creativity, just rinse and repeat.

• Love 5

Writers like Higley are a huge part of the reason soaps are dying. Shows keep recycling writers who have all but ruined their previous shows. They ruin the show they are on and get hired back a few years later (sound familiar Days). No new blood, now new creativity, just rinse and repeat.

I agree...and I have never ever understood this. Maybe one time giving a head writer another shot on a different show but to do it over and over after failing at a previous job? Nah. 

• Love 6

If the show actually listed real credits at the end of the episode like they once did we'd know who did the writing and who was still head writer. Guess the writers are too ashamed to put their names on the pieces of crap they air these days. 

• Love 1

From Days's spoilers Facebook page:

Monday, January 4th
Abigail urges Chad to believe Thomas is his son.
Jennifer, Eric, Brady, and Daniel are rushed to Salem Hospital after a tragic car accident.
Maggie is faced with an impossible decision.

Tuesday, January 5th
John offers to make a huge sacrifice for Brady.
A bereft Nicole lashes out at Jennifer.
Ciara, Joey, Claire, Chase, Theo, and their friends sneak into Club TBD to hold their own       New Year's Eve party.

Wednesday, January 6th
Nicole says a final goodbye to Daniel.
Chad has a major breakthrough.
Rafe is concerned when it's clear Hope will go to any lengths to get a confession out of Stefano.
Brady and Eric's fate is decided.

Thursday, January 7th
Ava 'accidentally' leaves evidence of her secret for Steve to find.
Rafe grills Andre about Dr. Malcolm.
Belle confides in Philip, which brings him to comfort her.
Chad deceives Stefano and Andre.

Friday, January 8th
Hope and Stefano have an epic confrontation.
Nicole and Chloe reunite in their mutual grief.
Marlena and Roman fear for Eric's future.
Brady is devastated when he discovers all that has transpired.
  • Love 1

More detail from Days's spoilers Facebook page:

Abby/Chad/Thomas:  Chad learns that he is Thomas' father, but at first he is in shock and denial over the news.  Chad is angry and confused after the reveal, because of the brainwashing.  His inner self is fighting the brainwashing but Chad isn’t aware of that and takes his anger out on Abby.  He throws her out of his room.  Chad eventually calms down and decides he does want to know if Thomas is his son and wants to do another DNA test to make sure the claim is true. Chad tells Abby he is doing this for himself, not for her, and that if it is true he wants to be there for Thomas.  The results come back and he is indeed Thomas’ father. Chad is still in denial and doesn't even want to look at Thomas but changes his mind. Once he holds Thomas in his arms, everything comes back to him, Andre's lies and his love for Abby and Thomas.  Billy Flynn credits Thomas saying that his pure love and innocence saves Chad and brings him back to life. Chad apologizes to Abby for everything he has put her through.  Chad realizes though, that once Andre and Stefano know he is back to normal he will be in trouble with them.  He decides to lie to his family to get his revenge on them.

Rafe/Hope:  Rafe realizes that Hope will do anything to get back at Stefano if he is the reason Bo is dead. He is determined to get justice for Bo and also to save Hope from doing something drastic. Rafe turns to an old friend from the FBI to try to find a link between Dr. Malcolm and Stefano. He does find a connection between them but will he be able to keep it from Hope??
The accident:  The Basic Black debut fashion show is a huge success. Brady and Daniel both so very happy with their lives at this period in time. They are starting new chapters with the women they love.  Brady offers Daniel a ride to his & Theresa’s apartment so the couples can continue to celebrate.  Nicole is still at the party and sees Eric at the bar. She is upset at how drunk he is.  She orders him some coffee and tells him to call a cab, he should not drive home.  He says he will be fine and drinks a few cups of coffee, then gets in the car to drive home. 
Brady and Daniel talk about how wonderful things are for them both. Brady realizes he forgot the gift Theresa gave him and they head back to pick it up.  Jennifer is driving from the hospital and Eric is seen listening to loud music and letting the wind blow on him in an attempt to stay alert.  He dozes off and we see Jennifer notice a car coming at her. She screams.  Eric veers and hits both Jennifer and another car.  The result is a 3 car accident, Jennifer, Eric, and the car containing Daniel & Brady!  The crash is seen and ambulances arrive quickly that transport the victims to the hospital. Nicole and Theresa learn about the accident and are determined to get to Brady and Daniel.  Brady and Daniel are in different parts of the hospital and the women find their man and are by their side. 
Brady's injuries are very serious and it serves to make Theresa realize just how much she truly does love Brady.  She cannot bear the idea of losing him. Maggie and Victor arrive and they are worried about both men. Roman and Marlena arrive and they are worried about Eric.  They realize that Eric is responsible for the accident and wonder what is going to happen to him.  Jennifer is not seriously injured, just a back injury.  Nicole is upset about Daniel and unleashes her anger out on Jennifer after she runs into her at the hospital.  Nicole again watches the video message Daniel left for her earlier about how much he loves her.  Victor lashes out at Theresa and blames her for the accident.  He tells her that she is the worst thing that ever happened to Brady.  She falls apart because she believes him and she also feels guilty about Daniel being hurt. She feels bad because of all the mess she put him through in the past and was so glad that he and Nicole were so happy.  John and Marlena reach out to her and this starts to thaw the animosity between them and Theresa as they both love Brady so much.  Maggie must make a big decision that will affect lives and relationships forever.

• Love 2