Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

I could have sworn someone was cast as EJ. Did I imagine this lol?

I remember some spec about an actor--Daniel Goddard maybe?--based on something he posted on social media.  That social media post made people think a) he was joining DOOL and b) if he was, he could be EJ.

But neither of those speculations were confirmed, I don't think.

Now,  I don't pay attention all the time so I could have missed a more solid rumor by people who post such rumors but that's all I know about.

Call me crazy....but Laura's funeral should be attended by not just Abigail, Chad, their kids, Jen and Jack...but Maggie, Sarah, Julie, Doug, Marlena, John, Lucas, Kate and Roman. JJ and Mike returning for good measure would be appreciated. And it should be held at St Luke's.

But because of budgets there'll be no cameo returns or St Luke's....and Covid probably makes it impossible to have so many elderly vets in the same scene together (though I'd just film them apart and edit it to look like they're together).

Plus this was all done for the sake of Gwen's story anyhow.....so who cares about really paying proper respects to Laura?

😑

• Love 10

At this point, I honestly don't understand why the Salem universe doesn't just acknowledge Covid or create a similar problem as a storyline (i.e. Rolf unleashes a contagious plague via one of his experimental serums gone wrong). It would make their filming constraints easier and some of their flimsy explanations (John & Marlena got food poisoning) less eye-roll worthy.  For instance, it would explain why out of town characters didn't return for funerals and weddings.  

• Love 3

I hate shows incorporating Covid tbh. First of all, I'm living it and it fucking sucks, so I don't need to be reminded of it on every show I watch. But also, it makes the terrible ways shows are dealing with the precautions look even worse. Like on Superstore when random people just won't have a mask on and others will or when they just don't wear masks when they should, etc. On this show, they seem to be almost purposefully doing things they shouldn't so if Covid was a thing in the show it would be even more gross to watch that.

• Love 7

I hate shows incorporating Covid tbh. First of all, I'm living it and it fucking sucks, so I don't need to be reminded of it on every show I watch. But also, it makes the terrible ways shows are dealing with the precautions look even worse. Like on Superstore when random people just won't have mask on and others will or when they just don't wear masks when they should, etc. On this show, they seem to be almost purposefully doing things they shouldn't so if Covid was a thing in the show it would be even more gross to watch that.

Yeah any show that features characters wearing a mask etc I'm turning it off. I watch TV to escape the real world not be further immersed in it. I'm glad Days is pretending Covid doesn't exist. I think it would be especially difficult if Steve wore a mask as he would only have one eye and you could barely hear the dialogue.

• Love 1

OMG....LOLOLOL. Thanks for the mental image of Covid Mask Steve 😄 One eye! One eyebrow!

Well since the show skipped 2020, it's technically in 2022 now....when *knocks wood* Covid could be a thing of the past.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

But because of budgets there'll be no cameo returns or St Luke's....and Covid probably makes it impossible to have so many elderly vets in the same scene together (though I'd just film them

I was thinking the other day watching that shitastic CIN Romeo & Juliet crap that the money that went into the props alone for that it could have easily went to something more important. Of course we will see a character that has been around for 55 years get a rushed $2 funeral.

• Love 6

I just don't know how they've convinced themselves than Cin are what'll bring in viewers. Is anyone in High School even watching this show? Back in the day, Sami/Austin/Carrie were popular with teen girls who watched. I can only assume they keep pushing Cin because they think they appeal to youngsters....but I don't see much proof there are youngsters watching...so what's the deal?

Who is Cin appealing to? What are the demos?

Anyway, I wish Charlie had just been a nice guy for Claire to date for a while. They had appeal. They started out so good - he was patient, respectful, into her - and then, they Aiden-ed him. Poof. Long term potential all gone.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I just don't know how they've convinced themselves than Cin are what'll bring in viewers. Is anyone in High School even watching this show? Back in the day, Sami/Austin/Carrie were popular with teen girls who watched. I can only assume they keep pushing Cin because they think they appeal to youngsters....but I don't see much proof there are youngsters watching...so what's the deal?

Anyway, I wish Charlie had just been a nice guy for Claire to date for a while. They had appeal. They started out so good - he was patient, respectful, into her - and then, they Aiden-ed him. Poof. Long term potential all gone.

I don't think Charlie is an Aiden. I thought it was clear that Charlie was never intended to be anything but a villain. When Mike Manning first joined he even hinted as such. 

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I don't really keep up with the social media for Days anymore but when I was, CIN was pretty popular on twitter. I'd say they were probably the most popular thing about Days. It doesn't really seem to impact ratings but I'm sure TPTB are interested in social media reactions to the show, perhaps even more than ratings since ratings are so arbitrary nowadays.

3 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

I don't think Charlie is an Aiden. I thought it was clear that Charlie was never intended to be anything but a villain. When Mike Manning first joined he even hinted as such. 

I agree. It seemed pretty clear early on that Charlie was going to be bad news. And MM is very good at playing that so it's a real catch-22 for me since I really enjoy watching him and find Charlie more interesting than most of the other characters but at the same time this show really doesn't need another barely redeemed rapist/murderer turned into a hero character. I still think they could keep Charlie on though as long as they don't try to make him a romantic hero like they did with Ben.

• Love 5

Fair enough. They knew he was the rapist from the outset, and so did we, but I liked his scenes with Claire. There hasn't been a nice simple young love story on this show since....um....gimme a sec.....

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I don't think teens watch soaps anymore I know I did because my mom watched. Soaps were built on generational viewing when the older generation dies out the younger one isn't going to pick up on it unless their grandmother/mother watched it before them.  I think the actors have chemistry and are attractive(VK at least is) but there's not much else going for them beyond that. You need good writing and direction(plus a budget because imagine Bo/Hope or Steve/Kayla written for with a K-mart budget like today). 

I  agree about Charlie but that's too normal to write for. Soaps think normal characters can't be interesting well the nutcases aren't that interesting these days either so...

1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

Fair enough. They knew he was the rapist from the outset, and so did we, but I liked his scenes with Claire. There hasn't been a nice simple young love story on this show since....um....gimme a sec.....

Shawn/Belle as teens

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I still think they could keep Charlie on though as long as they don't try to make him a romantic hero like they did with Ben.

I also like the idea of keeping the actor who plays Charlie, but then where does he go from here? Does he remain a sad sack, loser, bi-polar character into infinity? IMO, without some type of "redemption", I don't see his relationship with Claire going very far...and I'm not talking romantic hero either.

• Love 1

I guess Sarah is preggers?

I kind of wish they'd hold off on giving Xander a kid. Let him and Sarah actually tie the knot and buy a house together first.

Or a room at the Salem Inn, whatever. You know what I mean. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

Evan's back? Good, another character I actually enjoy lol. The characters I've enjoyed the most and found the most interesting in the last like 5 years were all new and evil lol.

My go-to guide for who I like pretty much aligns with whoever Julie hates or whoever hates Julie.  It hasn't failed me yet.

Works the other way, too.

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

Gosh, no one saw this coming, right?😠

Is it some sort of guilt complex that he has - his unknown to him brother is an awful human being so he has to make up for it? Go back to med school, do your residency, work on yourself, have fun.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

Gosh, no one saw this coming, right?

Yep, this show is not subtle. I would have preferred Allie & Tripp be allowed to move on from this whole ordeal on their own, at least for a while. Let Allie continue to heal and bond with Henry, and let Tripp resume his quest to become a doctor. But I know that's considered boring, so by this time next year Allie & Tripp will already have broken up and gotten back together a few times. 

24 minutes ago, methodwriter85 said:

Ugh, I hate Tripp being tied with a drip like Allie. 

LOL. Unfortunately the only other available female is the equally dull Claire. And I think Allie is related to every other man in Salem so her only option is Tripp. 

I like Xander & Sarah but I'm incredibly annoyed that they're going to be saddle with a baby so soon. There's no need for anymore babies because after all the drama of the pregnancy & birth is over, the kids become completely irrelevant - case in point: Thomas, Charlotte, Rachel; soon to be joined by Jules, Carver, and Henry. The well of baby crises is dry, so what drama are they going to throw at Sarah & Xander in regards to their kid? 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, bunnyblue said:

I like Xander & Sarah but I'm incredibly annoyed that they're going to be saddle with a baby so soon. There's no need for anymore babies because after all the drama of the pregnancy & birth is over, the kids become completely irrelevant - case in point: Thomas, Charlotte, Rachel; soon to be joined by Jules, Carver, and Henry. The well of baby crises is dry, so what drama are they going to throw at Sarah & Xander in regards to their kid? 

Thankfully they have not written in Marci's pregnancy and given Chabby a third kid.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, bunnyblue said:

There's no need for anymore babies because after all the drama of the pregnancy & birth is over, the kids become completely irrelevant 

Especially with Covid, and them not able to have children on set.  

• Love 2
3 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Marci is pregnant?

Oh geez. I have no faith that they won't write it in.

I think she is about 7 or 8 months pregnant now. Just keep an eye out for her scenes. They have her dressed in a long overcoat, but the baby bump is there. I doubt if they will write her pregnancy in.

Edited by nilyank
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Marci is pregnant?

Oh geez. I have no faith that they won't write it in.

Considering she's due in about 6 weeks I lean towards them actually not writing it in. I could see them writing her out either to help Jennifer with Laura's death or preferably write out Chad/Abby together.

16 hours ago, bunnyblue said:

Yep, this show is not subtle. I would have preferred Allie & Tripp be allowed to move on from this whole ordeal on their own, at least for a while. Let Allie continue to heal and bond with Henry, and let Tripp resume his quest to become a doctor. But I know that's considered boring, so by this time next year Allie & Tripp will already have broken up and gotten back together a few times. 

LOL. Unfortunately the only other available female is the equally dull Claire. And I think Allie is related to every other man in Salem so her only option is Tripp. 

Ben could be paired with Allie would've made decent drama if Will was allowed to hate Ben and Lucas/Sami were allowed to hate him(although Sami seems to not care for him)

• Love 3
Just now, RunningMarket said:

Does Sami storming into town coincide with Charlie being killed? Because that's my guess. Mama Bear roars.

Yes and she is probably the first person the dumb Salem PD arrest for the crime.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
20 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I'm sure the writers don't even know yet lol.

I totally agree and I am sure we will see all of the suspects in their final scenes with Charlie so each one could be guilty. And, it is also equally likely that the killer will be someone we never see, like maybe Angelo, coming to save Ava from her devil child. I see this dragging on to summer!🥵

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

I totally agree and I am sure we will see all of the suspects in their final scenes with Charlie so each one could be guilty. And, it is also equally likely that the killer will be someone we never see, like maybe Angelo, coming to save Ava from her devil child. I see this dragging on to summer!🥵

Or it will turn out to be a character not even introduced yet at the time of the murder. 

• LOL 3
1 hour ago, Petunia13 said:

Knowing Ron, Allie will get a new Manny and it will turn out he did it only after he starts dating her and revealed to have also slept w Charlie totally off screen 

But doesn't he also have to be related to someone in Salem?  Who's next up in the rotation to have a ret-con relative?

• Love 2
15 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

Or it will turn out to be a character not even introduced yet at the time of the murder. 

I hate that.

But not as much as how irrelevant the consequences to this will be.

The guilty party will just cut a deal to help Lani get her head out of her ass in exchange for total immunity and within a week become Salem's newest reformed murderer/sex symbol.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
51 minutes ago, RunningMarket said:

Maybe Zombie!EJ comes to town to avenge Allie's rape!

... hey, it's entirely possible given the way this show goes.

Considering this is Ron, I expect Billie Reed had a psychotic break and created a new personality named Willie. Willie believes it's 1995 and Curtis Reed is still Alive. She thinks Charlie is Curtis and kills Charlie to protect Billie from him. Another personality, Millie, must then frame Ava - who Millie believes is Kate and Billie is still feuding with in 1995 - for the murder.

During this time, Lillie - another personality - has sex with Tripp and gets pregnant to start an Allie/Tripp/Lillie triangle.

Somewhere in all of this, Ron loses interests in the murder mystery, and we somehow discover that Orpheus did it during another one of his annual state penitentiary/citywide blackouts breakouts. The story will never be mentioned again and will have no bearing on anything in the future. 

• LOL 11
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

Considering this is Ron, I expect Billie Reed had a psychotic break and created a new personality named Willie. Willie believes it's 1995 and Curtis Reed is still Alive. She thinks Charlie is Curtis and kills Charlie to protect Billie from him. Another personality, Millie, must then frame Ava - who Millie believes is Kate and Billie is still feuding with in 1995 - for the murder.

During this time, Lillie - another personality - has sex with Tripp and gets pregnant to start an Allie/Tripp/Lillie triangle.

Somewhere in all of this, Ron loses interests in the murder mystery, and we somehow discover that Orpheus did it during another one of his annual state penitentiary/citywide blackouts breakouts. The story will never be mentioned again and will have no bearing on anything in the future. 

Can I nominate this as an early contender for Post Of The Year?

• LOL 1
  • Love 8