Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
boes

Spoilers And Shockers

Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Interesting....but why would Laura (who was in a sanitarium at the time) pay off Gwen's mother? Jennifer and Jack had never met at this point. Why would Laura care that the senator's single son had a baby with some girl named Tiffany?  🙄 Are we going to be told that Jack and Laura hooked up two different times--both in the 90's and mid 80s??? This is starting to sound like Ron failed Days History 101.

Also is that just a bad picture of VK or is Ciara supposed to looking that rough?

Edited to Add: Another spoiler site does mention Laura's return in Feb and her "shocking confession."   Days of Our Lives Spoilers in 2 Weeks and More! (dayscafe.com)

I can see it now...

Laura: Call me crazy but I had a vision that my daughter was going to marry Jack some day and gosh darnit I didn't want her to have to raise a stepdaughter. 

😆

Edited by Peanut6711
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

57 minutes ago, FrankOFoley said:

Just saw the promo where Abigail gives Gwen a little “comeuppance”. Brava.

Yup here is the new promo. That's one hell of a punch!

 

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

Interesting....but why would Laura (who was in a sanitarium at the time) pay off Gwen's mother? Jennifer and Jack had never met at this point. Why would Laura care that the senator's single son had a baby with some girl named Tiffany?  🙄 Are we going to be told that Jack and Laura hooked up two different times--both in the 90's and mid 80s??? This is starting to sound like Ron failed Days History 101.

Didn't Gwen say that it was years after she was born that her mother went back to Salem and got paid off? So, maybe by this point Jac and Jennifer were together?

Good punch Abbi!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

Interesting....but why would Laura (who was in a sanitarium at the time) pay off Gwen's mother? Jennifer and Jack had never met at this point. Why would Laura care that the senator's single son had a baby with some girl named Tiffany?  🙄 Are we going to be told that Jack and Laura hooked up two different times--both in the 90's and mid 80s??? This is starting to sound like Ron failed Days History 101.

Also is that just a bad picture of VK or is Ciara supposed to looking that rough?

Edited to Add: Another spoiler site does mention Laura's return in Feb and her "shocking confession."   Days of Our Lives Spoilers in 2 Weeks and More! (dayscafe.com)

I can see it now...

Laura: Call me crazy but I had a vision that my daughter was going to marry Jack some day and gosh darnit I didn't want her to have to raise a stepdaughter. 

😆

That site those spoilers come from doesn’t have any real inside information or spoilers.
 

All they do is dress up and rehash speculation from Twitter and any released spoilers from magazines, cable guides, and or the show/network. 

As soon as the show aired yesterday and it was clear that Laura couldn’t be Gwen’s mother based on the time frame, the speculation then shifted to she’s the one who paid off the mother. Anything and everything to still make Gwen as Jack’s make sense. That site and others like it by six pm had released new “spoilers” to reflect the new speculation. 


 

 

Edited by KBrownie
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Gwen’s gonna talk slick to Abigail and get her shit rocked. See she don’t know Abby as well as she thinks, huh? 😂 

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, ajs1615 said:

Maybe it'll make him feel better about his failed flirting attempts. 

Or worse since he was flirting with his sister!

3 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

Also is that just a bad picture of VK or is Ciara supposed to looking that rough?

She looked bad in the promo lol.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Abby also punched Ben at one of her weddings to Chad.

So MM's Abby is Punchy while KM's Abby was Slappy.

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, howmanywords said:

Yup here is the new promo. That's one hell of a punch!

 

Ouch! I wonder if Gwen is going to punch her back? LOL

Edited by Sidney
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
46 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Abby also punched Ben at one of her weddings to Chad.

So MM's Abby is Punchy while KM's Abby was Slappy.

KM's Abby punched Gabi and Juliette.

  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, KBrownie said:

That site those spoilers come from doesn’t have any real inside information or spoilers.

All they do is dress up and rehash speculation from Twitter and any released spoilers from magazines, cable guides, and or the show/network. 

As soon as the show aired yesterday and it was clear that Laura couldn’t be Gwen’s mother based on the time frame, the speculation then shifted to she’s the one who paid off the mother. Anything and everything to still make Gwen as Jack’s make sense. That site and others like it by six pm had released new “spoilers” to reflect the new speculation. 

I wouldn't disagree that Soap Dirt is generally 90% rehash and 10% speculation based off a few show release spoilers.  Days Cafe though is usually correct for the 1 week and 2 weeks to come. Either way, we know Laura is coming back in Feb. for a few episodes so she's there for some reason, presumably some role in this Gwen reveal given the timing.  

Share this post


Link to post

Man, what a swing for me from yesterday to today.  Yesterday, I was happy that they had this be a pre-Jennifer occurrence which would mean it's not Laura's baby.  That'd just be too twisted (although perhaps I shouldn't count my chickens.)

But today, it really does look like Laura was the one to pay off Gwen's mother (or "mother"  --- no way will be the final mother be some dead woman who can't come back and stir up trouble).  Having it be Angelica or Harper would have made so much more sense and in character.  They wouldn't want an out-of-wedlock baby with a cocktail waitress ruining Jack's potential political future.  I know both are "dead" and Laura is not but still, so little of this makes sense.

Laura was in an institution until the mid 90's. 

Share this post


Link to post

I was just reminded of something - wasn't Harper supposed to be sterile, so that is why Jack was adopted? If so, then he can't be Gwen's father, or she was a miracle baby - ha! I am back to thinking that Gwen has no relation to Jack and someone used his name. Still thinking that Laura paid Gwen's mother.

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, Sidney said:

KM's Abby punched Gabi and Juliette.

When I first read juliette I was thinking of Eli’s daughter 😂

the.poor babies only days old and already kidnapped 

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Retired at last said:

I was just reminded of something - wasn't Harper supposed to be sterile, so that is why Jack was adopted? If so, then he can't be Gwen's father, or she was a miracle baby - ha! I am back to thinking that Gwen has no relation to Jack and someone used his name. Still thinking that Laura paid Gwen's mother.

He was sterile and he made his second wife Anjelica think that she was the problem about why they couldn't have children together. Hence when she had her affair with Justin, there was no way that Harper could be the father.

  • Useful 1
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

Man, what a swing for me from yesterday to today.  Yesterday, I was happy that they had this be a pre-Jennifer occurrence which would mean it's not Laura's baby.  That'd just be too twisted (although perhaps I shouldn't count my chickens.)

But today, it really does look like Laura was the one to pay off Gwen's mother (or "mother"  --- no way will be the final mother be some dead woman who can't come back and stir up trouble).  Having it be Angelica or Harper would have made so much more sense and in character.  They wouldn't want an out-of-wedlock baby with a cocktail waitress ruining Jack's potential political future.  I know both are "dead" and Laura is not but still, so little of this makes sense.

Laura was in an institution until the mid 90's. 

Yes especially since this was in the 80s where that sort of thing was frowned upon. 

7 minutes ago, nilyank said:

He was sterile and he made his second wife Anjelica think that she was the problem about why they couldn't have children together. Hence when she had her affair with Justin, there was no way that Harper could be the father.

This might veer into past plot discussion territory but Anjelica had this really bitchy line when she found out that I enjoyed "There's a sterile cuckoo in your clock sir!".  Which reminds me that Justin should be involved in this storyline if Harper/Anjelica are involved but instead they have him with an Adrienne look-alike which is another fail in this storyline.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

Man, what a swing for me from yesterday to today.  Yesterday, I was happy that they had this be a pre-Jennifer occurrence which would mean it's not Laura's baby.  That'd just be too twisted (although perhaps I shouldn't count my chickens.)

But today, it really does look like Laura was the one to pay off Gwen's mother (or "mother"  --- no way will be the final mother be some dead woman who can't come back and stir up trouble).

I was feeling pretty confident that Gwen might be lying and Laura would come to town to reveal she's a loon who can't be trusted. Now that Laura is going to reveal she paid off Gwen's mother, I have the uneasy feeling that might also be a lie and it will eventually come out that Gwen is Laura & Jack's love child (BARF!) like we'd been speculating before Gwen spilled her sob story. I just feel like Jack is coming off too clean in this story and since the show always shits on him, making Gwen his kid with Laura would be the perfect way to make him the bad guy & ruin his relationship with Jennifer & Abigail. 

  • Like 1
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

17 minutes ago, bunnyblue said:

Now that Laura is going to reveal she paid off Gwen's mother,

Is this an actual reputable spoiler from somewhere or is this rehashed speculation masquerading as spoiler?  Nothing official or reputable has said or confirmed anything about WHY Laura is coming back, just that she is.  Anything else is just speculation, and no problem with that, but if it's a confirmed spoiler, I would be interested in knowing the original source.  

I just wonder why Laura would pay off a woman who had a child in the mid-80s from the son-in-law she didn't even meet or know about until the early to mid-90s.  Could Laura tell the future and know that Jack would marry and have kids with her daughter and that she paid off Gwen's mother for what? She knew that future Jennifer, who was a teenager when this supposedly happened, wouldn't want to marry Jack if he had a kid already?  And Laura was lying in the 90s when she claimed she didn't know who Jack was and that he had any connection to Jennifer when they first encountered each other?

That's a LOT of retconning of Jack, Jennifer, AND Laura's histories for this all to work.  Or maybe crazy Gwen is just a crazy, delusional liar who has made this all up and Laura, because she works in the mental health field, knows Gwen and her history and is trying to help her daughter and her family.  Sounds a lot more plausible than a lot of the other speculation.  Laura encountering the random Gwen is lot more likely than a lot of these other possibilities.  I know, "it's a soap," but Gwen doesn't HAVE to be related to Jack.  Or anyone.  Her being a crazy loon with no rhyme or reason to her melodrama is also very "it's a soap."

  • Like 1
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

Jason47 been mum on it and he’s the only one who has ironclad spoilers. He did say BB/Shawn’s been extended to tape until April and Gwen’s taping now so will be around at least another month or 2. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

Jason47 been mum on it and he’s the only one who has ironclad spoilers. He did say BB/Shawn’s been extended to tape until April and Gwen’s taping now so will be around at least another month or 2. 

Martha Madison said the other day on Twitter that they're eight weeks ahead

 

  • Like 1
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

Is there talk of Gwen leaving?  

57 minutes ago, KBrownie said:

Is this an actual reputable spoiler from somewhere or is this rehashed speculation masquerading as spoiler? 

Probably technically spec but we know Laura comes back and has a secret for Jennifer and then tells Jennifer and Abigail the truth about Gwen. Not sure why Jack isn't there.

This comes after the DNA test results come back.

Who knows?  Maybe Laura lies and says Jack knew all along in some long held obsession over Jack but I suspect she either paid Gwen or know who does.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
35 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Martha Madison said the other day on Twitter that they're eight weeks ahead

 

That's a much shorter period than I expected tbh I figured they were already in March/April by now.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Irlandesa said:

we know Laura comes back and has a secret for Jennifer and then tells Jennifer and Abigail the truth about Gwen.

Yeah, but that's nothing that confirms that the secret or truth is that Laura supposedly was the one who was paying off Gwen's mother or that Gwen is her secret love child with Jack.

And no spoiler has revealed that the DNA says that Gwen is Jack's kid either.  It may be, but it might also be revealed that she's not related to Jack.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Susan is going to help murderer Ben?

Leave her out of your mess,  Ron. She has nothing to do with this. Thank GOD Eileen isn't here for this humiliation. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Susan is going to help murderer Ben?

Leave her out of your mess,  Ron. She has nothing to do with this. Thank GOD Eileen isn't here for this humiliation. 

No after Lanis GF escapes from prison she uses Ben as her hostage or some bullshit and puts on false teeth to pretend to be Susan to get away or see Brady after he’s shot. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Petunia13 said:

No after Lanis GF escapes from prison she uses Ben as her hostage or some bullshit and puts on false teeth to pretend to be Susan to get away or see Brady after he’s shot. 

Oh good, I don't have to watch those scenes then.

  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

Can you believe in a week is February sweeps? I’m going to need them to step it up w some of these storylines. 

Not really sure why they decided a couple characters w the likability and charisma of tap water should be in lead story. 

Share this post


Link to post

Ha! Well said.

Do we know when Dano debuts?

2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Oh good, I don't have to watch those scenes then.

Oh sweet Jesus thank God. Thanks for spoiling that, Petunia, I was so pissed. And yay, I'm not alone in my Susan love. Come sit at my table Peach!

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I wonder if Ciara is going to be rescued, or will she stay captive?  And if Ben finds her, are they going to let Hope know?

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

This is all shit.

The retcon history is shit.

The writing is shit. Gwen is DEFINITE shit.

Epic FAIL. And the ratings bear that out.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Frozendiva said:

Some stuff on Laura Horton from SoapDirt. There is a glaring typo. At least get the show name right.

https://soapdirt.com/days-of-our-lives-spoilers-laura-horton-cheated-gwen-rizczech-jack-stunned/

"Laura Horton wanted to spare Jenn the pain of finding out Jack was sleeping around. And she didn’t want him distracted from Jenn."

What the fuck is this?! Here I naively thought Jack would come out relatively clean from all this, but oh NO, they have to make him a serial cheater after all. So Gwen was not conceived pre-J&J; she was conceived when they were already married & Abby was probably already born? This flies in the face of who Jack was in the 1990's. This man did NOT sleep around. FFS on his wedding night with the beautiful Eve he slept with a shirt on, and 10 years later he pretended to be gay to avoid a relationship with Greta. And when did Laura pay off Gwen's mother? Before or after her affair with "Clark"? This storyline has gone over the cliff. And what makes it more infuriating is that it is being made up as they go along, because there is no way that when Gwen was first introduced she was intended to be Jack's daughter. 

Edited by bunnyblue
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

This is all shit.

The retcon history is shit.

The writing is shit. Gwen is DEFINITE shit.

Epic FAIL. And the ratings bear that out.

The ratings should be an easy slam dunk at this point. It’s been a pandemic a damn year, people have been home and feening for fresh content. So that’s on Ron and Corday. 

Not to be a bitch but Gwen doesn’t look younger than Abigail. Ron’s kinda a dumbass since one of the things people liked about Jack and Jen is they only had kids together like a true love match, but this dumb dumb likes hitting on show legacies and revered expectations he did this on OLTL.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

5 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

Not to be a bitch but Gwen doesn’t look younger than Abigail. 

Seriously. She's only 3 years older than MM but imo she actually looks older than that. Her being younger is ridiculous.

EO/Gwen is still one of the few actors/characters that I enjoy on here but this story really is stupid.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

This is weird.  This is the site that sometimes speculates, right?  I can't find sources that this is the reason behind Laura potentially paying off Gwen's mother but the timing is wrong.  They were specific to say it happened before Jack came to Salem.  In between Jack coming to Salem and Jack getting with Jennifer was a few years.  It's one thing to add on/subtract a few months from someone's age but two years is kind of huge.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

It probably is speculation.

None of this was up to Jennifer’s mom. The storyline and retcon is ridonkulous. If Jack did cheat on Jennifer and Gwen came about, it is between him, Jenifer, and Tiffany. Let the chips fall where they will. Jack would have paid support and been a dad to Gwen.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

There is going to be a murder mystery in February.  I'm going to assume it is going to be Charlie.  There are certainly enough suspects.  And isn't Sami coming back?  Not that I expect it will be her, but Allie will probably be the suspect, especially since she tried to shoot Tripp.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

There is going to be a murder mystery in February.  I'm going to assume it is going to be Charlie.  

If they kill off 1 of the like 3 characters I get some entertainment out of well, dammit, I'll keep watching but I'll be so annoyed!

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

16 hours ago, bunnyblue said:

"Laura Horton wanted to spare Jenn the pain of finding out Jack was sleeping around. And she didn’t want him distracted from Jenn."

What the fuck is this?! Here I naively thought Jack would come out relatively clean from all this, but oh NO, they have to make him a serial cheater after all. So Gwen was not conceived pre-J&J; she was conceived when they were already married & Abby was probably already born? This flies in the face of who Jack was in the 1990's. This man did NOT sleep around. FFS on his wedding night with the beautiful Eve he slept with a shirt on, and 10 years later he pretended to be gay to avoid a relationship with Greta. And when did Laura pay off Gwen's mother? Before or after her affair with "Clark"? This storyline has gone over the cliff. And what makes it more infuriating is that it is being made up as they go along, because there is no way that when Gwen was first introduced she was intended to be Jack's daughter. 

I wonder if MR saw this coming and figured nah I'm good staying away... regardless I'm glad she and JJ are nowhere near this storyline. That's the only good thing I can say about this.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, bunnyblue said:

"Laura Horton wanted to spare Jenn the pain of finding out Jack was sleeping around. And she didn’t want him distracted from Jenn."

What the fuck is this?! Here I naively thought Jack would come out relatively clean from all this, but oh NO, they have to make him a serial cheater after all. So Gwen was not conceived pre-J&J; she was conceived when they were already married & Abby was probably already born? This flies in the face of who Jack was in the 1990's. This man did NOT sleep around. FFS on his wedding night with the beautiful Eve he slept with a shirt on, and 10 years later he pretended to be gay to avoid a relationship with Greta. And when did Laura pay off Gwen's mother? Before or after her affair with "Clark"? This storyline has gone over the cliff. And what makes it more infuriating is that it is being made up as they go along, because there is no way that when Gwen was first introduced she was intended to be Jack's daughter. 

Actually, yes he did. During the Riverfront Knifer case Jack is brought into the police station when evidence points to either him or Harper as the serial killer and it's established that Jack has been frequenting prostitutes. So I suppose Gwen can at least be glad her mum wasn't a murdered hooker who granddaddy Harper knifed to death. 

Never the less, I agree that this plot as it is speculated to play out has some serious plot holes.  Though I'm getting the impression that Gwen was still conceived prior to Jack's '87 arrival in Salem (surely Gwen knows her own age), but that it was several years later (after he and Jen were together) that Tiffany came to town and got paid of by Laura. Of course, that would make Gwen about ten or older by that point since it's established that Jack and Laura never met in person till after their little self-help retreat hook-up.   

Quote

"Laura Horton wanted to spare Jenn the pain of finding out Jack was sleeping around. And she didn’t want him distracted from Jenn."

This is laughable! Jennifer married him knowing he was a rapist! Surely the consensual sex he had prior to knowing her shouldn't be a problem, especially considering Jenn was only a teenager in high school dating the star football player when Jack (presumably a college grad) hooked up with Tiffany. 

14 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

Ron’s kinda a dumbass since one of the things people liked about Jack and Jen is they only had kids together like a true love match, but this dumb dumb likes hitting on show legacies and revered expectations he did this on OLTL.

Fans of every major couple prefer not to have estranged offspring from an interloper show up out of the blue. People in hell want ice water but it doesn't mean they're likely to get it as the saying goes.  The writers (I suppose the devil in this metaphor) from every decade don't care. But seriously...

Steve and Kayla have Tripp (though I do like his character and I was a big Steve/Kayla fan in the 80s) via Ava who later raped Steve via some serious dubious consent.  Also Tripp was conceived after Steve and Kayla had a child of their own, not before they even met. 

Justin and Adrienne had the son he has with Angelica. Also after they met, though Justin knew Angelica first. Still I recall the big insult here was that Adrienne was suffering her own infertility. 

Shane and Kim have Eve via Shane's former ISA partner lover. (Though I always did like Gabrielle better with Shane and she came before Kim). Still Shane and Kim were married when Eve showed up, and Eve's trouble with prostitution lead to a miscarriage for Kim. 

Bo and Hope had "Dead Swamp Baby" otherwise known as Chelsea via Billie. This has to be the absolute worst insult to Bo & Hope fans. Not only was her retconned stillbirth insulting to viewers who watched Billie rock a dead baby, but then to have the kid who should have been dead herself cause the death of Bo and Hope's son Zack....just cruel. 

So when you consider the highlights of Day's supercouple history, I can't imagine what Gwen could do that could be worse than that. Her simply existing is just par for the course. And even if she murdered Abs now....well a lot of viewers might thank her for that.  After all, Abs is hardly the innocent child Zack was. 

1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

If they kill off 1 of the like 3 characters I get some entertainment out of well, dammit, I'll keep watching but I'll be so annoyed!

Same here!  Charlie has more potential than a lot of characters taking up airtime. Maybe they should let the fans vote on who they want killed off, kinda like a reality show vote off. 😆

Edited by Peanut6711
  • Like 5
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

Yep I hate Swamp Thing for that reason if they wanted to give Bo a retcon kid it would've made more sense to have been with Carly. She could've left town with Lawrence pregnant with Bo's child. When she returned Lawrence could've died and then Bo finds out about the kid. Having Chelsea kill Zach was really cruel(although Zack might be better off dead at this point) 

It would've made more sense for Kayla to have a kid with someone else than Steve. Kayla could've gotten remarried had a kid.. her husband dies and then Steve comes back into her life. Instead amnesiac Steve had a kid with Ava while he was away while Kayla didn't have anyone. 

  • Like 5
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Yep I hate Swamp Thing for that reason if they wanted to give Bo a retcon kid it would've made more sense to have been with Carly. She could've left town with Lawrence pregnant with Bo's child. When she returned Lawrence could've died and then Bo finds out about the kid. Having Chelsea kill Zach was really cruel(although Zack might be better off dead at this point) 

It would've made more sense for Kayla to have a kid with someone else than Steve. Kayla could've gotten remarried had a kid.. her husband dies and then Steve comes back into her life. Instead amnesiac Steve had a kid with Ava while he was away while Kayla didn't have anyone. 

This brings up a great point. There is a serious sexist nature to these supercouple interloper kids--they are always via the male party.  It's always the 'hero' rather than the 'heroine.'  Kayla had plenty of time to remarry and have other kids in the years she believed Steve was dead as you mentioned.  Same with Jennifer when Jack was either dead or away.  Not surprising she never got pregnant while married to Peter Blake. Yet given that Abby was a small child and Jennifer still in her childbearing years it would have made the most sense. Hope's kids always turned out to be Bo's even when she had the gestation of an elephant and the paternity should have been Patrick Lockheart's when Ciara didn't pop out with elephant ears. Kim's paternity with Andrew of course was really Shane and not Victor. Adrienne never had a miracle baby with Emilio. 

On a Hope note, Ron could actually rewrite part of the Swamp Thing Kills Zack wrong by having Hope (off screen since KA is gone) get a tip that Zack is actually alive.  So when Ciara turns up not burnt to a crisp, they can explain why she still hasn't come back to town. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
59 minutes ago, Peanut6711 said:

This brings up a great point. There is a serious sexist nature to these supercouple interloper kids--they are always via the male party.  It's always the 'hero' rather than the 'heroine.'  Kayla had plenty of time to remarry and have other kids in the years she believed Steve was dead as you mentioned.  Same with Jennifer when Jack was either dead or away.  Not surprising she never got pregnant while married to Peter Blake. Yet given that Abby was a small child and Jennifer still in her childbearing years it would have made the most sense. Hope's kids always turned out to be Bo's even when she had the gestation of an elephant and the paternity should have been Patrick Lockheart's when Ciara didn't pop out with elephant ears. Kim's paternity with Andrew of course was really Shane and not Victor. Adrienne never had a miracle baby with Emilio. 

On a Hope note, Ron could actually rewrite part of the Swamp Thing Kills Zack wrong by having Hope (off screen since KA is gone) get a tip that Zack is actually alive.  So when Ciara turns up not burnt to a crisp, they can explain why she still hasn't come back to town. 

It is on this show GH tends to be the opposite usually its the female. Y&R also similar.  I would've loved that ending for Hope tbh finding Zach off screen(or Bo even). 

It would've made more sense for Ciara to be Patrick's than Bo's but its not a surprise. Hope always has to deal with Bo's other women but Bo never had any real competition where Hope was concerned...

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Peanut6711 said:

After all, Abs is hardly the innocent child Zack was. 

She ain't did shit to Gwen though.  Like her or not, most logical people can see Gwen has no basis for anything she's done to Abigail.

She should not get to take out her "woe is me" abandonment issues on someone who had nothing to do with it.  Gwen should buy a bridge and get over it.  Abby deserves all her scorn for simply being born? But she somehow has no beef with JJ?  But does have one with Jennifer?  One of the many things that doesn't make sense.

And what does she think is going to happen now? Jack might feel sorry for how she was raised, but he isn't going to care all that much about her otherwise, especially when he finds out about her drugging Abby.  She's never going to rate as much to him as Jennifer, Abby, and JJ.  She might have had a chance of at least being tolerated if she'd handled this the grown-up way and came to town and just told Jack who she was, but she's ruined that for herself.  Chelsea and Tripp at least had youth on their side for the things they did.  And for Chelsea, what she did was an accident.  I don't see anyone welcoming their arms out to bring Gwen into the family.  Especially if she continues to be a smug, unrepentant bitch about what she's done. 

I just can't believe that Jack, Laura, Jennifer, and maybe more characters' histories are all being messed up for this rando.  There's nothing endearing or rootable about her.  She's crossed too many lines to try and go back and I doubt they will have her, with all her superior smugness, show an ounce of remorse.   

Hopefully she's the one who ends up dead in this murder mystery.  That's the only salvageable thing about all this now.  Then viewers can forget about all the ways her existence doesn't make sense and how many character histories were sacrificed for it.  There are multiple, actual spoilers that lend credence to her being the murder victim.  Although I would hate that any character would have to suffer for taking her useless ass out.  There's a spoiler about Chad covering for Abby, one where Chad threatens Gwen, and one about Julie and Gwen having a confrontation.  The multiple run-ins with Anna must have some purpose.  She has no friends or allies in Salem.  I don't see how she could ever possibly have any after all she's done, so kill her off and be done.

Edited by KBrownie · Reason: Missing words
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
25 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

It would've made more sense for Ciara to be Patrick's

NYET! NAY! NEGATIVE! NO! (Any Lockharts are an affront to humanity. So as tedious as she is, still glad Hope AND Ciara dodged THAT bullet!  😛 )

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

It is on this show GH tends to be the opposite usually its the female. Y&R also similar.  I would've loved that ending for Hope tbh finding Zach off screen(or Bo even). 

It would've made more sense for Ciara to be Patrick's than Bo's but its not a surprise. Hope always has to deal with Bo's other women but Bo never had any real competition where Hope was concerned...

That's interesting about the other soap and kinda makes Days's sexual politics look even worse. Sami and Nicole are one of the few who have kids to other men, but they are both characterized as the "bad girls" and "troublemakers" as opposed to the other revered 'heroines.'  

I still have to laugh though at Zack's retconned paternity via mime sex.  Even without it, you are right that Stefano and John were hardly competition for Bo... well when Hope was in her right mind and not Gina's. 

 

2 hours ago, KBrownie said:

She ain't did shit to Gwen though.  Like her or not, most logical people can see Gwen has no basis for anything she's done to Abigail.

I didn't say Abigail did anything to Gwen. What I pointed out was that almost all of the show's major couples (the "true loves") have had children (from the male party) pop up years later to cause trouble. And that any trouble Gwen would likely cause would fail to compare to the grief heaped on Hope when it was apparently Bo and Hope's turn for the troublemaker interloper child to strike. So even if Gwen accidentally runs Abigail over with a car, there are a portion of viewers (see the Abigail Deveraux thread for example) who would probably send her a thank you card in Statesville for taking Abs off screen 😁(call it karma for bad deeds done to others on the show) as opposed to Zack, who I can't imagine any viewers rooted to be killed off since he was an innocent small child. 😢 Bottom line, the Deveraux's story right now is just typical soap writing to throw hitches in major families and keep older couples still relevant.  And Gwen is just your typical slightly off her rocker troublemaker with a chip on her shoulder.  Her ire towards Abigail isn't much different than those who came before her--she wants what she didn't get and someone else has.  See also Charlie in regards to Tripp, who never did anything to him. Or all the many times the 'other woman' did the same to the heroine who never did anything to her.  It's not even about whether these type of characters have a "basis" i.e. a good reason for what they are doing to their target; what they have is a motivation, usually psychological and emotional, and that's what's driving the plot. 

Edited by Peanut6711
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size