Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

Ben’s gonna save Claire from rapist Charlie and when Sami comes back she’s gonna thank Ben for exposing her daughters attacker. 

Seeing Sami grateful and praising Ben will have me barf. 

Rafe and Nicole sounds like FF time. Adding Ava as a triangle w them is def FF material. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
14 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

Ben’s gonna save Claire from rapist Charlie and when Sami comes back she’s gonna thank Ben for exposing her daughters attacker. 

I mean it really sounds like it will be Steve, John and maybe Ava who will do that. I think Belle and Shawn would be the ones thankful to Ben (since they already don't hate him) for saving Claire.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Or in Days case they use the search engine "Ewe" that's Salem's version of Google(Nicole used this many times).

However if Sami waxes poetic about Ben even I would hate that for her and I don't even like Sami. 

So glad JJ has been totally removed from Ben's orbit and just pretends he doesn't exist too bad everyone else in Salem hasn't been as lucky.

• Love 3

Jamie Lyn Bauer is returning as Laura for 6 episodes. Gonna guess that she is going to reveal she got pregnant by Jack and gave up the baby to some British couple, making Gwen biologically related to the entire Deveraux clan.

• Useful 5
5 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Jamie Lyn Bauer is returning as Laura for 6 episodes. Gonna guess that she is going to reveal she got pregnant by Jack and gave up the baby to some British couple, making Gwen biologically related to the entire Deveraux clan.

Don't put that shit out in the universe! Ron's sick enough to do that! *ugly cries*

• Love 5
15 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Doesn't that mean that Jennifer would share a sibling with her own kids? If Gwen had a child, that child would call both Abby and Jennifer Aunt whomever. Has that ever happened on Days or a soap before?

• Useful 2
3 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

Doesn't that mean that Jennifer would share a sibling with her own kids? If Gwen had a child, that child would call both Abby and Jennifer Aunt whomever. Has that ever happened on Days or a soap before?

This would be the soap that would do it.

• LOL 7
3 hours ago, boes said:

This would be the soap that would do it.

Nah B&B would do this or something close to it. I'm sure it has been done if not I'm surprised. Although while I also think Gwen is Jack's daughter as most of us have speculated months ago are they going to actually bring JJ back for this arc or will he find out offscreen. If he's offscreen he's the lucky one.

16 hours ago, Retired at last said:

I still think that she is pregnant with Stefano's clone, thanks to Dr. Rolf, although I am not sure how he worked that magic behind bars! I know they have pretty lax visiting rules, but, this?????

Probably true. So when they do a DNA test, since Chad is Stef's son, as per Aunt Kayla's sooper-dooper test readings, she will say Chad is the father!

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, Retired at last said:

I still think that she is pregnant with Stefano's clone, thanks to Dr. Rolf, although I am not sure how he worked that magic behind bars! I know they have pretty lax visiting rules, but, this?????

Maybe they have a table with stirrups in the prison visitors room?  Perhaps Kristen is in charge of prison decor.

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, boes said:

Maybe they have a table with stirrups in the prison visitors room?  Perhaps Kristen is in charge of prison decor.

Impregnation via a dead man's "essence" must qualify as a conjugal visit. 😁 

• LOL 5
On 1/3/2021 at 8:30 PM, brisbydog said:

So Jennifer would share a sibling with her kids?!

Wouldn't Gwen have to be like...40 years old to be the result of the Jack/Jennifer hookup? She looks and acts younger....

Ugh. This rewrite annoys me. I wonder if she was originally just going to fight Gabi for Jake, lose and go away.

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Is there like reputable spoilers that Laura and Jack had an affair and produced Gwen or is it just people speculating about it since Laura is returning and many believe Gwen will be Jack's daughter?

It's ALL speculation.  

The normal places have tried to make it seem like a spoiler, but nothing has confirmed it.

The Laura stuff appeared almost as soon as JLB said she was returning for a batch of episodes, six I believe.  Her post didn't say who she worked with or what characters she would interact with.  

Some have absolutely been convinced that Gwen is Jack's child with Kate,  then the Jennifer clone, some random, unamed woman, and now Laura.  As if Jack's characterization hasn't already been messed up enough with the random, now seemingly pointless cheating, he's also got a random retcon kid too.

I, for one, would prefer it not happen.  And so far, there's been nothing to confirm that Gwen is related to anyone.  I personally think she's working for someone else who has some vendetta against Jack/Jennifer and she's personally jealous of Abigail, so she's focused on her.  Her folder also had articles on Chad, so who knows what her real agenda is . . . 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, KBrownie said:

It's ALL speculation.  

The normal places have tried to make it seem like a spoiler, but nothing has confirmed it.

The Laura stuff appeared almost as soon as JLB said she was returning for a batch of episodes, six I believe.  Her post didn't say who she worked with or what characters she would interact with.  

Some have absolutely been convinced that Gwen is Jack's child with Kate,  then the Jennifer clone, some random, unamed woman, and now Laura.  As if Jack's characterization hasn't already been messed up enough with the random, now seemingly pointless cheating, he's also got a random retcon kid too.

I, for one, would prefer it not happen.  And so far, there's been nothing to confirm that Gwen is related to anyone.  I personally think she's working for someone else who has some vendetta against Jack/Jennifer and she's personally jealous of Abigail, so she's focused on her.  Her folder also had articles on Chad, so who knows what her real agenda is . . . 

I also do NOT want a random retcon kid.  The writers are REALLY displaying their lack of talent when the only way they can introduce a new character (Stefan, Jake, Tripp, Paul - even Charlie.  And going back even farther to Chad and Vivian's various retcon offspring) is to make them someone's kid.  How about, if they want to retcon something, they give us some previously  not shown interaction with a person that gives them motive (good OR bad) to come to Salem.  People keep joking that they would love it if Gwen's whole vengeance plot is because Abby cut in line in front of her at Starbucks.   Why couldn't it be that when she was "dead" for a year she did Gwen dirty - maybe not even being aware of Gwen or how her actions were affecting her?

• Love 5
51 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

I also do NOT want a random retcon kid.  The writers are REALLY displaying their lack of talent when the only way they can introduce a new character (Stefan, Jake, Tripp, Paul - even Charlie.  And going back even farther to Chad and Vivian's various retcon offspring) is to make them someone's kid.  How about, if they want to retcon something, they give us some previously  not shown interaction with a person that gives them motive (good OR bad) to come to Salem.  People keep joking that they would love it if Gwen's whole vengeance plot is because Abby cut in line in front of her at Starbucks.   Why couldn't it be that when she was "dead" for a year she did Gwen dirty - maybe not even being aware of Gwen or how her actions were affecting her?

Yep.

There have already been SO many retcon kids.  No more are needed.  Your list just emphasizes this point.  And in the case of Tripp, why is he needed when neither of Steve/Kayla's other children merit any focus.  And don't even get me started on the retcons getting retcon siblings (Charlie and Jake).  It's tiresome.  

I think people forget that Gwen's first appearance was in a mental hospital.  She's crazy.  She could be after the Deveraux family just because.  I agree it would be more interesting and original to tie that to Abby's history with mental illness.  THAT is the angle I hope they take with Laura.  Maybe Laura was Gwen's doctor and learning that Gwen is messing with her daughter/grandaughter, she comes to town to give them a heads up.  

• Love 3

Just like when Charlie arrived in Salem just as we needed an age appropriate rapist for Allie (so to speak) and we all KNEW it was him, Laura returning just seems horribly likely given that she slept with Faux Jack eons ago. I hope I'm wrong, but this show usually goes with the most obvious and obnoxious choice

• Love 4
1 hour ago, KBrownie said:

I think people forget that Gwen's first appearance was in a mental hospital.  She's crazy.  She could be after the Deveraux family just because.  I agree it would be more interesting and original to tie that to Abby's history with mental illness.  THAT is the angle I hope they take with Laura.  Maybe Laura was Gwen's doctor and learning that Gwen is messing with her daughter/grandaughter, she comes to town to give them a heads up.  

Or, she could be the daughter of one of the other prisoners of war who was captured with Jack (remember that story that went nowhere?)  She could blame Jack for her father's death in the prison camp and want to blow up his family - especially Abby who is getting what Gwen was denied.  They could then tie in Laura as her doctor who was trying to help her deal with the trauma of losing her father.  See, just off the top of our heads, the fans can write more compelling stories than the writers.  Imagine what we could do if we actually tried - unlike the writers.

• Love 4

If its not a retcon kid I will be pleasantly surprised. I agree about these retcon kids that weren't needed these actors could've been brought on to play Andrew Donovan, Victor Kiriakis, Joey Kiriakis etc characters that were established and tied to the show instead of these retcons that nobody asked for.

Course if it is a retcon kid it figures that if this reveal happens and JJ is offscreen yet when he was here a couple months ago the show had nothing for him to do. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Frozendiva said:

"Gabi Hernandez (Camila Banus) comes back to claim her man on the NBC soap opera...Now, Jake Lambert’s (Brandon Barash) in an official and public romance with Kate Roberts (Lauren Koslow). And he’s falling hard for her. However, Gabi comes back to town to sink her claws back into him."

Her man?? They had sex once and now she thinks she has some claim to him?? It's stuff like this - the entitlement - why I can't stand Gabi and didn't want her to come back. I hope Jake tells her to fuck off and he and Kate continue with their relationship - which I've grown to like. 

Edited by bunnyblue
  • Love 6

It's just crappy writing. A gal as stunning as Gabi wouldn't be chasing after the car repairman twin of her dead husband - with whom she had relationship based almost entirely around sex, and only for a few brief months - because there would be plenty of guys willing and eager to hook up with her.

• Love 5

Well Days thinks hookups= true love..

Soaps don't write relationships anymore a shame really. 

Its also laughable that someone who looks like Gabi would have to fight a nearly 70 year old woman for a man. If this show had listened to me (and assuming Gwen isn't Jack's long lost daughter). Jake/Gwen would be hooking up instead of Jake/Kate. Then JJ/Gabi who want Gwen and Jake respectively would team up and try to make them jealous then end up hooking up themselves... They could be scheming without having it come off as sociopathic or pathetic... it could be a fun and non-depressing storyline on this show(soaps used to do that).

Kate should be dealing with her actual family members they gave her enough of them that she ignores. Yet Kayla can't have one of her kids in town.....

• Love 5
2 hours ago, bunnyblue said:

"Gabi Hernandez (Camila Banus) comes back to claim her man on the NBC soap opera...Now, Jake Lambert’s (Brandon Barash) in an official and public romance with Kate Roberts (Lauren Koslow). And he’s falling hard for her. However, Gabi comes back to town to sink her claws back into him."

Her man?? They had sex once and now she thinks she has some claim to him?? It's stuff like this - the entitlement - why I can't stand Gabi and didn't want her to come back. I hope Jake tells her to fuck off and he and Kate continue with their relationship - which I've grown to like. 

I kinda liked Jake initially kinda like a younger version salt of the earth guy like Dan on The Connors/Roseanne or Kev on Shameless which is sorely needed on this soap which is filled w 30-40 somethings bros who are C Suite executives in a small town but he’s not that likable or warm, I’m not seeing why he’s that’s sought after or being chased other than his looks or something 🤷‍♀️ The only reason Gabi would be remotely be interested in him is he looks like Stefan and that has passed and would not carry any love match... I’d buy her carrying a flame for Eli more than this. 

On that note the only time I’ve ever noticed Eli is attractive was when he was dating her which is incredibly telling that someone that gorgeous is so boring and a doormat in scenes with Lani and Rafe and Hope and Julie that you don’t even  notice his obvious appearance, easy wit, or toughness. Their dullness and how self absorbed they can be actually dimmed the light of his looks and personality which isn’t stanning him w Gabi; but saying he should be freed to not be some off hand prop or mere reactor. 

I’m happy Abby is leaving Chad. Long overdue in my book and I have HATED Abby for years so that’s a testament to Marci Miller’s portrayal and interpretation of the story and a wake up call to the writing of Chad, who’s a been a quick to anger and a more smug or bigger  dickhead for almost 2 years. Chad used to be a warm charming dude I liked a lot from his time working at Java Cafe till a couple years ago. His friendships w Will and w Kate used to be legitimately tender and meaningfully built up for hundreds of scenes. 

• Love 4

I do wish Eli had a better love interest as he's too good for Lani  and I agree has more spark to him than he's allowed to show. However, that isn't going to happen as that would require investing and writing for the character beyond the bare minimum they do with actors of color. They won't do that so... 

• Love 2
18 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

How do you go from being in love w Hope to falling for Ava? 

And why would Ava fall for this human embodiment of particle board? 

It makes no sense, but as being tied to the void that is Rafe is its own form of torture, it's what Ava deserves if she won't have the decency to croak.  😛

• LOL 2
18 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

How do you go from being in love w Hope to falling for Ava? 

And why would Ava fall for this human embodiment of particle board? 

Rafe was also with Sami and Kate. Ava isn't that odd a pairing considering that. Also, if this was a better written show, I think a Rafe/Ava relationship could be interesting in exploring Rafe's need to do evil things under the guise of love and protection. It could also explain his long-lasting relationship with Sami as a way of vicariously using the women he loves as a way of acting out his more evil and base instincts, which has been one of his most consistent character traits. Well that and being boring.

Instead, it'll probably be another way to redeem Ava.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, Artsda said:

Why would Ava the rich mafia Princess want the boring police commissioner? I guess they want a bad vs good plot.

I don't know how they plan to build that romance, but if it gets her off her obsession with Steve I'm all for it. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I see why KA left tbh she knew that Hope would forever be tied to Rafe or Bo as far as love interests. Its better to just leave the show as the budget gets smaller etc.

The one good plot she had since Bo died was Aiden, and we all know how that turned out.

• Love 5
On 1/8/2021 at 6:42 PM, CanaryFan98 said:

Its also laughable that someone who looks like Gabi would have to fight a nearly 70 year old woman for a man.

I don't find it that laughable. Gabi may be physically attractive, but not all men are that shallow to want someone with that black a soul. Kate's past is pretty bad, but Gabi's recent past is even worse. Plus, you're acting like Kate's some decrepit woman who can barely walk. Just because you're older, doesn't mean you can't be beautiful. Kate physically is just as attractive as some of the characters half her age.

• Love 8