Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

Wasn't that the plot of a movie with Ashley Judd and Tommy Lee Jones? She went to jail for killing her abusive husband, who was just setting her up and wasn't dead, so when she was released, she planned to get him for real, using that theory.

Not to get too off-topic, but yes. The movie is called Double Jeopardy. As she says in the movie, "I could shoot you in the middle of Mardi Gras, and there's not a damn thing anyone can do about it."

I missed the original Ava era, so I'm not as on the hate train as others, and I'm enjoying the actress. Can we just get a move on with the Allie/Charlie/Tripp story, because it's time.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, RunningMarket said:

Not to get too off-topic, but yes. The movie is called Double Jeopardy. As she says in the movie, "I could shoot you in the middle of Mardi Gras, and there's not a damn thing anyone can do about it."

Only in silly movie plots, because that is not the way Double Jeopardy works. You cannot be charged for the same crime, in the same circumstances (date, time, victim, method, place).

Edited by nilyank
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Retired at last said:

Wasn't that the plot of a movie with Ashley Judd and Tommy Lee Jones? She went to jail for killing her abusive husband, who was just setting her up and wasn't dead, so when she was released, she planned to get him for real, using that theory.

That sounds familiar. '90's movie maybe???

Never mind, answered and thanks RunningMarket

Edited by Peanut6711
  • Love 1

Joey was emotionally drained by what he did and with his family covering it up for him.  Did those emotions just go away?   Even if Ava was brought back to life Joey still had it in him to kill someone.  
a lot of people on the board did not like his take on the character but I found it interesting.  

• Love 1

I think Joey has potential to be interesting if played by a different actor and played up him having a darker side and struggling with it like Steve.. However that's too character driven for this show. 

I was hoping that was going to be the case with JJ before they neutered the character entirely.

40 minutes ago, tribeca said:

Wasn’t his dad gone most of his life?  Joey should be more like Kayla.  

This is where I think SORAS has made a jumbled mess of the Johnson family history. Technically Stefanie should be the one who grew up w/out Steve since she was an adult till they realized he was alive.  Joey was born after his return. But after Joey was SORASed the age difference between him and his sister is much less sooooo....who knows how much time he was supposed to have spent with Steve. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 12/9/2020 at 1:14 AM, DisneyBoy said:

Ava has curb appeal and could easily land a Xander or a Philip or an Eli or Shawn.

But the plumbing is rusty, the foundation is cracked and her belfry is full of bats.  And let's not even start on the rat's in her basement.

On Gabi's swirl through town...  I REALLY thought she would have a miracle pregnancy based on "oh baby!" spoiler from dayscafe.  But then they dressed her in a tight outfit for her whirlwind visit.  I'm hoping they just are bad at math and she waltzes back in town with a new baby.

Edited by SueB
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
20 minutes ago, RunningMarket said:

Claire gifts Ben something (likely the ornament with her name)? Charlie is going to lose his shit.

It will probably be Ben's ornament. I hope they have a necktie on it.

• LOL 10
5 hours ago, nilyank said:

It will probably be Ben's ornament. I hope they have a necktie on it.

Apparently before she died she ordered Ben's ornament and it looks exactly like hers.

🙄 Yep still rolling my eyes that he gets a damn ornament.

ETA:

Edited by howmanywords

This may be better served in the UO thread but the Horton ornament tradition lost its luster a good 15 years ago(or close to it) when they started giving everyone an ornament (I think Stefano got one at one point) that was a JTS moment for the Horton Family Christmas.

Edited by CanaryFan98
Wrong Place
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, CanaryFan98 said:

This may be better served in the UO thread but the Horton ornament tradition lost its luster a good 15 years ago(or close to it) when they started giving everyone an ornament (I think Stefano got one at one point) that was a JTS moment for the Horton Family Christmas.

How the hell did Stefano get one? Once the tan man and his stupid daughter got theirs, I was over it..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Pearson80 said:

We know the serial killer with the abs will get one..

Their ornaments should probably hang next to each other. Heck, I'm not sure Rolf doesn't deserve one more than Ben. At least he brought Hortons back from the dead instead of the other way around. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
39 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

How the hell did Stefano get one? Once the tan man and his stupid daughter got theirs, I was over it..

I might be misremembering Stefano getting one he did stuff an IOU in a Horton ornament for Bo/Hope because Alice helped EJ get the medical care he needed though (which Hope cashed in) sometime in the mid 90s.

2 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I might be misremembering Stefano getting one he did stuff an IOU in a Horton ornament for Bo/Hope because Alice helped EJ get the medical care he needed though (which Hope cashed in) sometime in the mid 90s.

That is disrespectful, he attacked Hope who is a Horton and Jack who is a Horton by marriage..

Edited by Pearson80
On 12/18/2020 at 10:29 AM, SueB said:

But the plumbing is rusty, the foundation is cracked and her belfry is full of bats.  And let's not even start on the rat's in her basement.

Bwahahaha! Oh good stuff!

So when do we start seeing John Aniston's real house? Probably the thing I'm most looking forward to....

Ben can stuff his frickin ornament up his chimney.

• Love 2
18 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Bwahahaha! Oh good stuff!

So when do we start seeing John Aniston's real house? Probably the thing I'm most looking forward to....

Ben can stuff his frickin ornament up his chimney.

I hope when we see it Victor references that he's watching a Friends marathon or something.

• Love 2

I didn't realize they were going to rebuild the set completely...I figured Victor would be in "another room" we hadn't seen before.

...how is it safer for John to have camera operators, a director, lighting guys, hair and makeup people and costars all at his house, though? I thought they'd just shoot one side with him at home, so only three or maybe four people would have to visit his house, and then shoot the other side at the studio with the rest of the cast...

• Love 2
On 12/22/2020 at 3:58 PM, DisneyBoy said:

Was that ever actually confirmed by anyone from the show, or was it just a bogus "source" trying to make headlines by mentioning Jen Aniston?  The original reports came out ages ago, when they first resumed taping, so we would have had to be seeing his real house by now surely?

On 12/19/2020 at 2:29 AM, SueB said:

On Gabi's swirl through town...  I REALLY thought she would have a miracle pregnancy based on "oh baby!" spoiler from dayscafe.  But then they dressed her in a tight outfit for her whirlwind visit.  I'm hoping they just are bad at math and she waltzes back in town with a new baby.

How long were Rafe and Gabi gone for in the show's timeline?  If it was supposed to be like 2 months or thereabouts then Gabi wouldn't be showing and she could believably not have realised she was preggo when she did her drive by.  I actually wouldn't be shocked if she comes back in the new year with a small baby bump and injects some drama into Jake and Kate's lame fling.  That might be why they suddenly had Jake develop feelings for Kate after one roll in the hay, so he'll be torn when Gabi turns up preggo.  Besides, it's probably the best explanation for why Gabi would leave Ari in Arizona (?) and return to Salem.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

Yeah.  I think Gabi was gone at most three months when she came back.  Perhaps she knew about a pregnancy but wasn't ready to tell Jake about it after what she found out.

But she wouldn't necessarily be showing at that point.  If they do a miracle pregnancy, that is.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

...how is it safer for John to have camera operators, a director, lighting guys, hair and makeup people and costars all at his house, though? I thought they'd just shoot one side with him at home, so only three or maybe four people would have to visit his house, and then shoot the other side at the studio with the rest of the cast...

Yea, that's what I was thinking. It really makes no sense. Maybe @bubble sparkly is right and that was an unfounded rumor and JA is still just filming in the studio.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I didn't realize they were going to rebuild the set completely...I figured Victor would be in "another room" we hadn't seen before.

They don’t have hair and makeup people anymore. No bullshit. When they came back after the break Camila said they “do their own hair and makeup now because of covid.” She also said they get those daily rapid result covid tests.

i don’t know why Jen thought it was safer  at home now for him unless she is having it deep sanitized often or it’s also because of his mobility and comfort 🤷‍♀️ anyways it’s a nice gesture and nice he’s still working. But yes she made an entire set Kiriakis wing for his home and the crew. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Petunia13 said:

They don’t have hair and makeup people anymore. No bullshit. When they came back after the break Camila said they “do their own hair and makeup now because of covid.” She also said they get those daily rapid result covid tests.

Wait, they have the budget for daily rapid Covid tests?!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

Wait, they have the budget for daily rapid Covid tests?!

I think they’re $90 per person (Jeffree Starr and Teyana Taylor using them at parties they thrown) I guess if they aren’t paying makeup or hair people anymore past couple months they can use that towards that? 

• Useful 1

2021 Preview!

Ben/Ciara
Ben, who is really at this low point, has some scenes with Claire and admits what he’s afraid to say out loud to anybody else. He says, “As much as I’m trying to move on, the reason I really can’t that deep deep down, I think Ciara is still alive. I think she could be out there somewhere and she needs me and what kind of person would I be, what kind of husband would I be if I didn’t do something about it?” But as the audience will soon see, it may not be totally crazy as he thinks it is.

Charlie/Claire
As some people have suspected from the outset of his arrival in Salem, he, in fact is the rapist. Its really sort of tragic for Claire because she always feels second-best to Ciara and now she feels like, ‘ok, I finally met somebody. I come first with this person.’ And we know she will soon find out that he’s not such a great catch after all, and we fear for Claire’s safety. So while that’s brewing under the surface, John and Steve join forces to try and clear Tripp.

Brady/Chloe/Philip/Kristen
On New Year’s Eve, Chloe overhears a phone call of Philip’s and she’s really on to what he’s doing with Titan. She brings Brady into the situation, so it becomes less about money laundering and more about the romantic stakes between Philip, Chloe and Brady. Also on NYE, Brady and Chloe end up at this party together and when midnight rolls around, they share a platonic New Year’s kiss. Unfortunately, for them, its published in the newspaper and Kirsten in prison see it and jumps to all sorts of conclusions. Kristen, not being the most rational person in the world, really starts to be fixated on Chloe, which can’t be good for anybody, especially Chloe.
Eli/Lani
From the moment we see the twins in the hospital, we see a mysterious person watching seemingly interested in these babies. When they’re finally ready to take the babies home, we see this mysterious person taking the babies out of the nursery, so the new year does not get off to a good start for Eli and Lani when they realize their babies have been kidnapped. Everybody rallies together, this is not just two parents but two cops, and they’re determined to get to the bottom of who’s doing this.

Allie/Tripp
Tripp gets to Allie and shares his theory that his father has, that maybe there could be this other person who did it. So she starts to have this little question in her mind and ultimately goes to Marlena. And asks her grandmother to try and hypnotize her to remember this night. So the stage is set for her to have the memories of what really happened.

Sarah/Xander
Xander and Sarah ultimately get the goods on Philip, and Sara wants to proceed with caution and Xander is more of a hothead. He blows up the situation and he starts a chain reaction. By doing that, that pulls the mob into it and leads to some pretty deadly consequences.

Abby/Chad/Gwen/Jack/Jennifer
By New Year’s, Gwen sets the stage for Chad and Abby’s marriage to implode. But the big questions going into 2021 is, why is Gwen doing this? SO coming off of what happens on New Year’s, we will find out exactly what that is and it will not only have big consequences for Chad and Abby’s family, but the whole Deveraux family. And then, of course, the next chapter grows out of that.

Kate/Gabi/Jake
The truth about Jake and Kate comes out and just as they’re going public as a couple, Gabi returns to Salem and she’s ready to pick up where she left off with Jake. But Jake is like, ‘I just went public with Kate and we’re in an actual relationship.’ And Gabi is having none of that. So I think its going to be a little more challenging that Gabi thought, but the sparks fly immediately between Gabi and Jake.

Steve/Kayla/Ava/Rafe/Nicole
Ava is in a very different position that everyone else in the Allie/Tripp story, so how she will react and what she will do when this comes out, remains to be seen. But she really ends up being threatened by Charlie, so she is in this dangerous pickle in the moment and its actually Nicole that suggests to Rafe that he should take Ava in, that he should protect Ava until this crisis has passed, and he’s a little reluctant to get involved at that level. We have this friendship between Rafe and Nicole and Nicole is trying to broker police protection for Ava, so its early days, but you have to sort of see how that will develop.

• Love 2

Xander and Sarah ultimately get the goods on Philip, and Sara wants to proceed with caution and Xander is more of a hothead. He blows up the situation and he starts a chain reaction. By doing that, that pulls the mob into it and leads to some pretty deadly consequences.

Xander getting killed off would make my new year so here's hoping he's the deadly consequence. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, brisbydog said:

...the new year does not get off to a good start for Eli and Lani when they realize their babies have been kidnapped. Everybody rallies together, this is not just two parents but two cops...

Um.....they're barely cops.

Kristen fixating on Chloe makes sense. Could be interesting.

Could someone please tell Ron that Marlena isn't a actually a hypnotist?

I'd rather see Gabi working on her business and accepting that Jake is with Kate. He can come around in his own time....if it's what he wants. Nobody should need convincing to be with smoking hot Gabi. Come on.

I dread more Cin. Let Ciara and Hope live elsewhere for a while please. Let Ben vanish between scenes. I won't ask what happened, I promise.

• Love 4

Well sure, there's that LOL 😄 I mean, if you want to get technical about it...

I think what Gabi needs is to never have contact with the DiMansion set or Julie and she'll be A-okay. They're the ones driving her loco. Oh and Lani.

I refuse to give up on her LOL. Can you tell?

• LOL 1
  • Love 1