Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

15 hours ago, tribeca said:In that clip Is Brady flirting with Chloe?

I don’t think so. I think he’s asking her the question about a man in her life, while his tone (to me)  says he’s going to tease her about it either way. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 11/30/2020 at 11:25 PM, methodwriter85 said:

Oh my god there is speculation that Allie is going to threaten Tripp with a gun to his dick. An homage to what Sami did to her (first) rapist. Ugh. Make this story stop!!!

Why Ron? why?  Why does he always have to copy stories?  I remember being stunned when Sami shot her rapist in his family jewels, I think it was the day Sami achieved a certain type status that cemented her place on the show.  Ron will never duplicate that moment with Sami's insipid daughter..

• Love 3
11 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

In reality, Allie and Tripp would be working out some form of child support or visitation rights.

Except in Tripp's mind he has no need as he never had sex with her. And I for one believe that

• Love 6
12 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Why Ron? why?  Why does he always have to copy stories?  I remember being stunned when Sami shot her rapist in his family jewels, I think it was the day Sami achieved a certain type status that cemented her place on the show.  Ron will never duplicate that moment with Sami's insipid daughter..

Also, we saw the rape happen. It wasn't a he said/she said murky one they're going with here.

• Love 5
On 11/30/2020 at 11:25 PM, methodwriter85 said:

Oh my god there is speculation that Allie is going to threaten Tripp with a gun to his dick. An homage to what Sami did to her (first) rapist. Ugh. Make this story stop!!!

It sure looks that way 😫 PS seek help, Ron!

20201202_205203.jpg

• Love 3
On 12/2/2020 at 12:09 AM, Pearson80 said:

I could accept him copying stories if any of it was good and while I had my issues with JER he at least could write a story, build up a moment etc so the payoff is actually satisfying.

Allie should've been a good girl/Ciara should've been a bad girl the polar opposite of their mothers would've driven a lot of stories.. Ciara/Allie should've been the frenemy dynamic that they want to use with Claire.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
22 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I just don't know what to think about Allie at this point. She doesn't remember if Tripp raped her...but she'll shoot his willie off? Um....yeah. You're kind of a flake, aren't you?

She's a classic case of be careful what you wish for. I always thought it would be good for the show to bring back Allie along with Lucas and see family drama play out(this isn't what I had in mind).

I could by VK's Ciara doing this convincingly but this chick? No and I don't think she's that bad acting wise but the way they want us to think this character is this fierce bitch but she's a drip. They could've written Allie as this normal character who was inherently decent and met Tripp and genuinely fell for him. Ava could've been a meddling mom and Lucas could've been against this relationship because Tripp is a Vitali.  That's too normal for this show to write though. 

She reminds me of Mia above all else tbh.

• Love 2

Yep ,just as I had suspected. Ava will have a redemption arc and we will be expected to forget that she was responsible for Grandpa Shawn's death and that she raped Steve. ..

Brace yourselves people !!

7 hours ago, Rafael said:

Yep ,just as I had suspected. Ava will have a redemption arc and we will be expected to forget that she was responsible for Grandpa Shawn's death and that she raped Steve. ..

Brace yourselves people !!

I didn't get that either - at least not from the promo. Even her own son has a WTF look on his face when she suggests it's remotely possible for them to be a family with Patch, whom Tripp knows she raped the last time she was in Salem.

Not saying it ain't possible, considering a serial killer is now the show's hero, but it's not in the promo.

Edited by Aymery
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Petunia13 said:

Crazy Lani gonna name one of her twins after Kristen in some way. Bet. 

Or name the boy Christian...if one of them is a boy.  Do we have any identical twins waiting in the wings on this show? 

Oh joy, the holiday episode will be Kristen's dream?  Ugh.

And while I'm happy to see Anna, I kind of wish it was someone else getting wise to Gwen. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

"Tripp and Charlie share a passing resemblance. That could help explain why Claire’s so attracted to the new guy. He sure looks a lot like her ex, doesn’t he?"

Actually, I don't think they look anything alike. Just like the Gwen-is-Jack's-daughter spoilers Soapdirt has been peddling for months, I'm really starting to doubt their speculation that Charlie is Allie's rapist/Tripp's brother. I guess there may be some movement soon regarding Charlie and his possible nefarious deeds, but at this point I think the show doesn't even know where the hell they're going with he-said/she-said rape story.

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, bunnyblue said:

"Tripp and Charlie share a passing resemblance. That could help explain why Claire’s so attracted to the new guy. He sure looks a lot like her ex, doesn’t he?"

Actually, I don't think they look anything alike. Just like the Gwen-is-Jack's-daughter spoilers Soapdirt has been peddling for months, I'm really starting to doubt their speculation that Charlie is Allie's rapist/Tripp's brother. I guess there may be some movement soon regarding Charlie and his possible nefarious deeds, but at this point I think the show doesn't even know where the hell they're going with he-said/she-said rape story.

Thank you. I’m glad I’m not the only person who thinks they look nothing alike. It’s long been rumored and speculated that Charlie is the real rapist but a resemblance doesn’t exist ( to me) for there to be confusion. I’m definitely going to need to see more than Charlie being jealous to show he’s the culprit if it’s not Tripp. 

• Love 1

Probably because DNA is more conclusive than a lie detector in this instance. 

I still think Charlie is likely the rapist, especially with his weird jealousy about Ben, and the random timing of his appearance.  I will say, though, that they're doing a pretty good job of keeping those stories separated. 

But Gwen as Jack's kid?  I've been off of that spec for a while.  She's too Abigail focused.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

I think Ava does figure out that if Tripp did not rape Allie, then her other son, Charlie, probably did. I don't know if she will share that since that would mean throwing one of her sons under the bus, but maybe as another enticement to get Steve to get in bed with her again? Also, why is it assumed that Charlie (if he is Ava's son) is also Steve's? I don't think they look alike, either, and I think that Ava sent Charlie here to be her spy on Xander and Phillip.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Retired at last said:

I think Ava does figure out that if Tripp did not rape Allie, then her other son, Charlie, probably did. I don't know if she will share that since that would mean throwing one of her sons under the bus, but maybe as another enticement to get Steve to get in bed with her again? Also, why is it assumed that Charlie (if he is Ava's son) is also Steve's? I don't think they look alike, either, and I think that Ava sent Charlie here to be her spy on Xander and Phillip.

My thinking is that Charlie might not be Steve's son; and she may allow for Tripp to be thrown under the bus in order to spur on the rift that's between Steve and Kayla so she can have him for herself.

Edited by drtslim
  • Love 3

Can't they just let Stayla be a boring happy settled couple FFS? I like them like that. They're good like that. Marlena too, please. Ava wanting Steve at this point is like....why? Girl, he ain't all that. I mean no disrespect to Patch, but wouldn't this mob princess be equally satisfied  with a...um...nightstand accessory to sustain her while she searches for a willing and eager mate? Steve's mid-60s and there are plenty of other fish in the sea.

Got to hand it to Kirsten, at least she found herself a guy who can keep her young.

Ava has curb appeal and could easily land a Xander or a Philip or an Eli or Shawn.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

I disagree.  This Tripp is a rapist story is frustrating but the Steve and Kayla stuff is rather good. 

48 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Back in the day Stayla would be settled while one or both of their kids were on the canvas dealing with their own drama...  however that's when the genre had good soap writers and now.. welp.

I'm not sure why "settled" is being held up as some great panacea from back in the day.  It wasn't.  Settled back then was similar to being settled now in that the stories were usually not interesting. And airtime could be lacking, especially for the less favored spouse.

A dumb story for the adults is what Jack and Jennifer are in right now because it goes against who they are.  Kayla and Steve still love each other.  Are still together.  They disagree about Tripp but I don't think either see this as a grand couple-destroying betrayal.   I don't even think Ava is a serious threat. 

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 7
39 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

I disagree.  This Tripp is a rapist story is frustrating but the Steve and Kayla stuff is rather good. 

I'm not sure why "settled" is being held up as some great panacea from back in the day.  It wasn't.  Settled back then was similar to being settled now in that the stories were usually not interesting. And airtime could be lacking, especially for the less favored spouse.

A dumb story for the adults is what Jack and Jennifer are in right now because it goes against who they are.  Kayla and Steve still love each other.  Are still together.  They disagree about Tripp but I don't think either see this as a grand couple-destroying betrayal.   I don't even think Ava is a serious threat. 

Well it depends on what you consider "back in the day" I'm talking 80s when Tom/Alice were settled but the show managed to make them useful in dealing with the problems of their children and grandchildren. Same with Shawn/Caroline. Doug/Julie have managed to still have life to them and they went from the major drama to the happily married phase of their lives.  They manage to do this with John and Marlena now but not with the other established couples.. its not hard they just don't care...

Jack/Jennifer at least have a kid on screen so they could just deal with Abby's drama as well as the rest of their families, while working as reporters looking into cases etc while having a romantic moment once in a while. They could investigate Jack's missing years I mean there's a lot of directions they can go in but that would require good writers and well none of the soaps have them. 

I'd go for Ava/Rafe would solve a lot of the show's problems tbh.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Well it depends on what you consider "back in the day" I'm talking 80s when Tom/Alice were settled but the show managed to make them useful in dealing with the problems of their children and grandchildren.

I know what you were talking about and I maintain that "being involved in the drama of their children and grandchildren" was never all that dynamic.  Their roles were similar to the role Roman plays these days.

And technically, the Stayla story is being generated by Steve's son.

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

Why does it have to be Ava's son, why can't Stefanie or Joey give them a story.. 

This is an unpopular opinion but I hate Tripp simply because he is Ava's son. 

The actor should have been cast as either Joey Kiriakis or Joey Johnson.

Edited by Pearson80
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
16 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

I know what you were talking about and I maintain that "being involved in the drama of their children and grandchildren" was never all that dynamic.  Their roles were similar to the role Roman plays these days.

No way it was way better Shawn/Caroline got a story out of Victor's arrival and at that point they were supporting players in the lives of their children but they also had a POV, secrets revealed etc. I mean sure they aren't getting those passionate angst ridden stories that Bo/Hope, Jack/Jennifer, Steve/Kayla did back in the day but they weren't lifeless either which is how soaps view old people now unless they are acting like teenagers. That wasn't the case back then you didn't suddenly stop existing after a certain soaps were creative enough to find ways to use these characters to drive story even if they matured, evolved..

All Roman does is serve chowder and is a nonfactor in his children's lives as he's Roman in name only. John/Marlena were more like Tom/Alice and Shawn/Caroline.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 2

One question - why the hell would Charlie keep Tripp's note instead of, oh I don't know, burning and destroying the evidence? Seriously, this has got to be one of the stupidest twists and criminals ever to have kept the note and brought it to Salem with him from another country across the ocean,

• Love 10
8 minutes ago, cmahorror said:

One question - why the hell would Charlie keep Tripp's note instead of, oh I don't know, burning and destroying the evidence? Seriously, this has got to be one of the stupidest twists and criminals ever to have kept the note and brought it to Salem with him from another country across the ocean,

Yes!  This whole thing is beyond stupid.  This isn't even like keeping a "trophy" of the incident as Allie had nothing to do with it.  I REALLY hope they wrap this story line up soon.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, cmahorror said:

Charlie and Kate went to the same training course on keeping written evidence against wrongdoings.

• LOL 12
  • Love 2

If Allie still has that notepad and didn't use it, if Tripp pressed hard enough with his pen, she could take a pencil and reveal the handwriting. Used to work.

If it is Charlie, maybe he will use the note as a form of blackmail. Or is just really stupid.

• Useful 1
On 12/12/2020 at 12:54 PM, Frozendiva said:

Brady and Kristen? Shit.

The whole Allie/Tripp mess? Shit.

Ava Fucking Vitali? MEGA SHIT.

Rafe/Nicole (Hell, Rafe and ANYTHING?) Too boring but still shit.

Absolutely NOTHING of value to watch here. Including Gwen. Piss or get off the pot with her. (Even if I think the likely bullshit retcon that may involve Jack is ALSO shit.)

Wake me if/when ANYONE is allowed to off that bitch Ava for good (though Joey should get the honor as he has been rotting for nothing; at least make it have a point! Or forgive him and give him the Key to Salem!) or Ron gets canned. Whichever comes first.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
20 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Wake me if/when ANYONE is allowed to off that bitch Ava for good (though Joey should get the honor as he has been rotting for nothing; at least make it have a point! Or forgive him and give him the Key to Salem!) or Ron gets canned. Whichever comes first.

I've been thinking about that...couldn't Joey kill her and walk free??? Double jeopardy and all that. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

I've been thinking about that...couldn't Joey kill her and walk free??? Double jeopardy and all that. 

Wasn't that the plot of a movie with Ashley Judd and Tommy Lee Jones? She went to jail for killing her abusive husband, who was just setting her up and wasn't dead, so when she was released, she planned to get him for real, using that theory.