Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
boes

Spoilers And Shockers

It's interesting how folks here mention how good an actor Matthew Ashford is, when I haven't seen him do anything on the show that didn't seem incredibly cheesy and awkward. Even other people I know who watched the show agree he's a bit strange.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

It's interesting how folks here mention how good an actor Matthew Ashford is, when I haven't seen him do anything on the show that didn't seem incredibly cheesy and awkward. Even other people I know who watched the show agree he's a bit strange.

Well the show made Jack into a clown to try to play down some of the character damage that occurred after the rape of Kayla and I think they still like to write him that way to some degree.  If you watch clips from early on, circa 1987/88/89, you can really see why I think he's a great actor.  Some of his work with Stephen Nichols and Mary Beth Evans is incredible.  I think in the early days of J & J, even when he was silly, you can see his wit and humor just shine through.  He is definitely a bit of a quirk actor, though.  I agree with you on that.  Lol

Edited by domina89
  • Like 4

Something that occurred to me.  When Tripp left the show, he was going to study medicine at Stanford.  Now he was at "that university".  I wonder if he was studying in the UK, and that's where he met Allie.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

Jack was a better overall character in the late 80s early 90s. He was a bit darker, shadier etc much like how JJ started out when he first arrived. Course everyone was better character-wise

I also thought he was good on OLTL playing the creepy Dr. Haver. 

However I don't think they really knew what to do with Jack when JER took over because he never really cared for him and the show didn't in general beyond Jennifer.

• Like 2

Whoever called Eric leaving for Africa as his exit was right! Just remains to be seen why he goes alone.

Any word on when Ciara returns? I'm just wondering so I can have my ear plugs ready for the endless moaning and screaming "CIIIIAAAARAAA!"

• Like 2
  • Laugh 2

"Her baby daddy's ID is on the DL." Followed by Allie bumping into Tripp.

Well, shit, if that doesn't pretty much confirm our speculation then I don't know what does. Now I want to know why Miss Allie decided to keep Tripp out of all decisions regarding their baby. Did he leave her high and dry when he learned she was pregnant? Or does he have no idea about the baby? I am actually really interested in this part of the baby saga. 

• Like 4

I'm expecting the excuse to be weak. "I didn't tell you because I knew you HAD to finish your studies!" or "It was just one crazy night...I didn't think you cared!"

I'd prefer it to be "after you told me your dead mother was from a creepy mob family that kept trying to track you down, I didn't want to have anything to do with you" ...its the best explanation, IMO, so I doubt we'll get it.

• Like 4
  • Laugh 2

I'm here for Melinda ripping Kristen a new one! Is Lani going to be pissed at her too?

Gwen knowing Rolf is giving me vibes that the Jake is really Stefan rumor is true.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, bunnyblue said:

"Her baby daddy's ID is on the DL." Followed by Allie bumping into Tripp.

Well, shit, if that doesn't pretty much confirm our speculation then I don't know what does. Now I want to know why Miss Allie decided to keep Tripp out of all decisions regarding their baby. Did he leave her high and dry when he learned she was pregnant? Or does he have no idea about the baby? I am actually really interested in this part of the baby saga. 

Or maybe his mob ties since he's Ava's son? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

I'd prefer it to be "after you told me your dead mother was from a creepy mob family that kept trying to track you down, I didn't want to have anything to do with you" ...its the best explanation, IMO, so I doubt we'll get it.

36 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Or maybe his mob ties since he's Ava's son?

If this is Allie's excuse, then I can understand. But since I wasn't watching when Tripp was around before, you guys gotta fill me in. Were Ava's enemies after Tripp at some point? And did Allie & Tripp ever cross paths when they both lived in Salem?

Tripp's mob ties would be a good reason to keep him in the dark about Billy Bob Horton. But I feel the writers will go for the excuse that Allie/Tripp was a one night stand and she didn't know where to find him or didn't think he'd want anything to do with the baby. I just want Steve to be involved in this. I would love to watch Sami butt heads with Steve regarding their shared grandchild (which is so damn bizarre considering she was just a toddler when an adult Steve came on the show).

• Like 6

In the REAL world, no way would Melinda be able to prosecute Kristen, since she has a personal bias and would have had to recuse herself. I hope that Kristen is thrown in jail and never seen again. Maybe they could use that as a cause for appeal, though. 

For me, the only "shocker" would be if they had a story I was interested in. I haven't watched since Sami name back, and reading spoilers and summaries are all I need these days.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

Didn't Melinda move to Chicago?  How can she still be the D.A.?

Maybe she's going to be a witness?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Retired at last said:

In the REAL world, no way would Melinda be able to prosecute Kristen, since she has a personal bias and would have had to recuse herself. I hope that Kristen is thrown in jail and never seen again. Maybe they could use that as a cause for appeal, though. 

For me, the only "shocker" would be if they had a story I was interested in. I haven't watched since Sami name back, and reading spoilers and summaries are all I need these days.

This also applies to every single thing the Salem PD does. I'm sure RandomExtra#4 even has some kind of personal tie to all the criminal element of Salem.

Edited by RunningMarket · Reason: spelling
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 2