Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

I like Ciara's wedding dress but the tiara is bad and fucking hell that choker is so tacky.

This wedding is gonna be fun to hate watch, I think. It's like every single thing about it is so bad and offensive that it's actually straight-up hilarious.

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I like Ciara's wedding dress but the tiara is bad and fucking hell that choker is so tacky.

This wedding is gonna be fun to hate watch, I think. It's like every single thing about it is so bad and offensive that it's actually straight-up hilarious.

It's just so surreal, Ciara wearing a choker at her wedding to the town's professional choker.

Are all these loving tributes going to begin with, "I remember the time Ciara did something else that was also incredibly STUPID"........

• LOL 13
  • Love 1
47 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Not a fan of the dress at all. I do wonder if the "something new" gift was an extraordinary push-up bra perhaps?

Between Julie officiating [being officious], Marlena's über-matronly royal blue ensemble, and my extreme distaste for those crazy kids, it will be a hate watch for sure.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, boes said:

I don't blame KA one bit.  She's never been a particular favorite of mine, but there's no disputing she's been a big draw for decades and IMO, she deserves more consideration than it seems she got.  

I'm very much over the idea that employers don't owe their employees respect and acknowledgement for helping in their success because they sign the checks.  Those checks wouldn't exist without the hard work and dedication of their employees.  If KA felt she wasn't getting that after 37 years of hard work, I 'm glad she told them to stuff it.  

Yeah I agree I saw 25 people at my company got unexpectedly laid off so if you can leave on your own terms I suggest you do so. I am trying to find something else before I'm next.

Then on Days you factor a low budget and a virus who's to say that 5 month plan was going to happen at this point? I mean I can't imagine any character getting a new love interest in the Coronavirus era.  There's not much for Hope story wise even before this I don't see Doug/Julie returning, Ciara may be gone as well so what were they going to do with Hope.

Plus she probably is set financially and wants to do other things in life.. best to leave before being shown the door permanently.

That being said I don't think she'll be gone forever if something were to happen to Bill or Susan I would think she would return for that.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, boes said:

Pretty much the same thing happened to Julia Barr, who played Brooke English on All My Children for 30 years.  She was an important part of the Show and eventually, the only representative left of what was a founding family.  Her role diminished and diminished until they told her she could take recurring and said, no thanks.  Even with notice, the character just disappeared without any explanation.  She was brought back to usher the show out and after the shitty treatment she got I was surprised she did.  Long winded way of saying I'm not positive the current regime would even have given Hope a proper sendoff if she'd agreed.

On GH, the sad and bad way the showrunners treated Anna Lee who had played the matriarch, Lila Quartermaine is legendary.  After decades on the show, this much loved actor was bumped to recurring.  Her son said it contributed to her death.

I'm all for a little "FU" to the higher ups when it's deserved.

Well this isn't entirely accurate. Julia Barr did return when David Canary left the show and Adam/Brooke got a HEA. Then they both returned near the end of the show where their characters got engaged in the final episode.

I have to say despite my many issues with GH they did give Lila a decent funeral and reminded me of how good GH once was.

That being said I agree I doubt they would give Hope a proper send off.

• Love 1
(edited)
43 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Well this isn't entirely accurate. Julia Barr did return when David Canary left the show and Adam/Brooke got a HEA. Then they both returned near the end of the show where their characters got engaged in the final episode.

I have to say despite my many issues with GH they did give Lila a decent funeral and reminded me of how good GH once was.

That being said I agree I doubt they would give Hope a proper send off.

It's accurate.  I said Julia Barr returned to usher the show off the air.  All I didn't include was her storyline with David Canary, but since this isn't an AMC board all the details don't matter.

Edited by boes
37 minutes ago, boes said:

It's accurate.  I said Julia Barr returned to usher the show off the air.  All I didn't include was her storyline with David Canary, but since this isn't an AMC board all the details don't matter.

My point was Brooke did disappear but returned for a few weeks to give Adam/Brooke a send off together. Then they returned at the end so she did return before the show ended was my point.

10 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Short of bringing Bo back alive or killing Hope, how would you guys write her off the show?

I wouldn't mind if she went on a cruise with Doug/Julie as I don't expect either of them to return either given the virus and their ages.

• Love 1

They can't really say that though, can they, because who in their right mind would think of that as a happy ending given what's going on in the world right now? It would be like telling the audience they went off to be executed. Even if the show doesn't address the virus, this seems like a bad idea. Two years ago, it would have been perfectly fine send-off though...

Does Hope have any relatives that she hasn't seen and would want to visit?

• Love 4
(edited)
37 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

They can't really say that though, can they, because who in their right mind would think of that as a happy ending given what's going on in the world right now? It would be like telling the audience they went off to be executed. Even if the show doesn't address the virus, this seems like a bad idea. Two years ago, it would have been perfectly fine send-off though...

Well, Hope has two half-brothers, a nephew and at least one more grand-nephew. Not sure she'd necessarily want to visit them permanently though, given that none of them have been mentioned, let alone seen, in decades. 

They should have written her out together with Shawn-Douglas, Belle and Claire (and give them another kid - adoption, whatever, I don't care. At this rate the Brady name is going to die out just like the Hortons).

Edited by Aymery
  • Love 2
(edited)
6 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Yes, thank you, word on the choker.  Are you cosplaying as Andrea Zuckerman, Ciara?

ETA...wow, seeing the promo of the Ciara/Ben wedding really shows you how janky the others were.  Not that, like, the Kayla/Justin non-wedding needed to be splashy given the point of it, but still.  Maybe four weddings in one month isn't so great an idea when your budget is the change you dig out of the couch, just saying....

Edited by TeeVee329
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5
(edited)
6 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Maybe she can visit JJ in Africa that seems to be the place this show sends characters to when they have no interest in them anymore.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, QueenSerena said:

Well, the extended promo should be fun:

All right, not as fun as I thought, but here it is:

I think I know who could have planted the bomb-Eduardo (just spec)

• Love 3

Do they have Viv's coffin wired with breathing tubes like the sarcophagus stories? There is no way that she is dead. And I am guessing that Eve and Eduardo are working together to get revenge for their daughter. And somehow I think Gwen might be working for them unless she is going to be around for a while.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
29 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

Do they have Viv's coffin wired with breathing tubes like the sarcophagus stories? There is no way that she is dead. And I am guessing that Eve and Eduardo are working together to get revenge for their daughter. And somehow I think Gwen might be working for them unless she is going to be around for a while.

I like the idea of them working together to get revenge for their daughter I just wish it didn't come out of left field after all this time. 

• Love 7
(edited)
17 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I like the idea of them working together to get revenge for their daughter I just wish it didn't come out of left field after all this time. 

This is all done to prop Ben to get the audience to feel sympathy for the serial killer.. I will never feel sympathy for that piece of shit.. Paige's murder was so damn brutal and haunting. 

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 7
(edited)

I actually think the timing makes sense. Finding out that the guy who murdered their daughter is happy and getting married I can see setting a parent off. My thought would be Paige will never have a wedding, why should her killer get to have one? Sadly this will end up being done in a way where they are the bad ones going after Saint Ben.

Eta: Kind of a weird promo. I get what they were going for but it didn't translate well. I did like the lack of voiceover with just the eerie music. 

Edited by howmanywords
  • Love 7

That part does but Eve valued sticking it to Jennifer over getting revenge on Ben during her last visit and Eduardo well he at least has the jail excuse going for him but it would've been nice if we saw him actually wanting to get to know Paige. Paige is barely mentioned or referenced by anyone in Salem so its kind of hard to care here. 

On paper it makes sense but on screen not so much.

• Love 4

In all seriousness, though, is this not further evidence that people should stop asking Will to be their best man? It's always ended badly, either for him or a member of the wedding party. 😄

Also, spoilers for the week of July 27th have all been released by soaps.com tonight:

Monday July 27:
Rafe questions Claire about what happened at the church.
Bonnie surprises Lucas in bed.
Steve and Kayla return to Salem.
Allie delivers good news to Will and Sonny.

Tuesday July 28:
Ciara confronts Clyde.
Will and Sonny move forward with their adoption plans.
Sami pleads with Rafe to keep her secret.
Eric and Nicole return from their honeymoon and find out disturbing news.

Wednesday July 29:
Nicole exposes Sami’s machinations to Allie.
Will and Sonny share their good news with Ari.
Ciara shares a new theory with Rafe about Ben.
Ben’s captor reveals their identity.

Thursday July 30:
Ben’s past comes back to haunt him.
Ciara and Claire decide to team up.
Allie goes into labor!
Chad learns Gabi has been making inroads at DiMera behind his back.

Friday July 31:
Ciara and Claire come to a stunning revelation.
Ben is horrified when his captor reveals their diabolical plans.
To Sami’s dismay, Nicole helps Allie deliver her baby.
Gwen and Jake move into the DiMera mansion!

• Love 3
39 minutes ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

Doesn’t sound like Claire is the one who planted the bomb with these spoilers. I wonder if Ben will eat crow.

I never thought it was Claire I always thought she was a red herring.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

Doesn’t sound like Claire is the one who planted the bomb with these spoilers. I wonder if Ben will eat crow.

I'd prefer he eat dirt, but crow will do, I guess.

• LOL 8
  • Love 3

So, is Allie giving birth like 3 months early, or are they already SORAS-ing her pregnancy lol?  Wasn't it implied she still had a couple of months to go when she first showed up, given her claim that she was just under the abortion cutoff?

• Love 6
5 hours ago, bubble sparkly said:

So, is Allie giving birth like 3 months early, or are they already SORAS-ing her pregnancy lol?  Wasn't it implied she still had a couple of months to go when she first showed up, given her claim that she was just under the abortion cutoff?

Yes indeed.  She went from 20+ weeks to early labor in about 1 month.  Sigh.  There's a timewarp in Salem that slows and speeds individual plotlines.  

It's obviously Eve.  And I appreciate her desire for revenge.  OTOH, I hope no one gets hurt.  I get her rationale -- 'you are supporting Ben-the-serial-killer' but this is not the answer.

I totally agree that Jake and Gwen should not be in the mansion. 

• Love 5
12 hours ago, Retired at last said:

And somehow I think Gwen might be working for [Eve/Eduardo] unless she is going to be around for a while.

I like this idea.

9 hours ago, QueenSerena said:

Ciara and Claire decide to team up.

I am decidedly not looking forward to Claire helping Ciara rescue Ben. Let him die, Claire!

8 minutes ago, SueB said:

OTOH, I hope no one gets hurt.  I get her rationale -- 'you are supporting Ben-the-serial-killer' but this is not the answer.

Personally, I hope Eve/Eduardo/whoever it is, succeeds in killing both Ciara and Ben lol. 

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I like this idea.I am decidedly not looking forward to Claire helping Ciara rescue Ben. Let him die, Claire!

Personally, I hope Eve/Eduardo/whoever it is, succeeds in killing both Ciara and Ben lol. 

But butbutbutbut....Ben has changed......or so I've been told (about a million times.

And Ciara, why she's the "smartest person I know".  Though in Salem, that has about the same cachet as a prize for Best Attendance.

Ben go BOOM!?

giphy.gif

And it looks like Julie is the only survivor...

• LOL 10
2 hours ago, SueB said:

Yes indeed.  She went from 20+ weeks to early labor in about 1 month.  Sigh.  There's a timewarp in Salem that slows and speeds individual plotlines.  

Not that this is much of a difference, but aren't we now seeing episodes sooner than we were supposed to? I think the Olympics were supposed to give us three weeks without Days, so let's tack on three weeks to her pregnancy. Of course, days on Days can take weeks to happen so maybe that only would have given us an additional 72 hours?

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

Bonnie surprising Lucas in bed doesn't appeal to me considering past history. Especially since this reminds me a lot like when Paige did that with JJ and then Paige got mad when JJ turned her down and he was the bad guy. I don't want Lucas to apologize the fact the show acts like this is ok is rather gross to me. I also hate that this is the best they can come up with a love interest for Lucas. I mean is it that hard to bring back Anne or Sheryl for him? The show doesn't see Lucas/BD as leading man material.

Even though I wish Claire let Ben suffer I do find it kind of refreshing to see Ciara/Claire work together (I just wish it was over something worthwhile)

Sami vs Nicole is the only worthwhile thing about Eric/Nicole being a couple to me because Nicole gets to be her true self w/ Sami.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I’m Team Eve. I hope she tortures Ben slowly and makes his life a living hell. She has every right to get revenge on him.

• Love 9
5 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

The show doesn't see Lucas/BD as leading man material.

Ugh!

3 hours ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

I’m Team Eve. I hope she tortures Ben slowly and makes his life a living hell. She has every right to get revenge on him.

I'm Team Anyone Who Doesn't Kiss Ben's Ass. I already love Eve though so that makes it easy, but let's say Jake were to start trying to murder Ben, I'd gladly join Team Jake lol.

• Love 8

If Lucas is only back for a short visit, then I can see why they don’t want to invest in a serious love interest for him. Although these wacky hijinks with his rapist are not the way to go!

Frankly, it would be much more soapy if Lucas and Sami had an affair while they were both in town. Their chemistry is still great, and they were always “breaking the bed” back in the day, so I could easily see them bonding over the Allie situation and falling into bed. If they want wacky hijinks have Will walk in on them the morning after and tease them about it, and maybe force his parents to perform some  embarrassing tasks / stunts in exchange for keeping quiet.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

I know there is a lot of stupid, unrealistic shit on this show but Eve never letting go of her venom towards the man who murdered her daughter is realistic as hell. If my child was strangled to death I would have to be held back from not wanting to kill him.

But it is unrealistic to take however many years it has been/wait for the wedding day. Where has she been all this time? 

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

.....but....but...she loved Jack! I mean Brady!

🙄

In retrospect Brady/Eve weren't that bad I mean if I had to choose a love interest for Brady between Eve and Kristen I would've chosen Eve. Both characters got worse after their breakup.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, bubble sparkly said:

If Lucas is only back for a short visit, then I can see why they don’t want to invest in a serious love interest for him. Although these wacky hijinks with his rapist are not the way to go!

Frankly, it would be much more soapy if Lucas and Sami had an affair while they were both in town. Their chemistry is still great, and they were always “breaking the bed” back in the day, so I could easily see them bonding over the Allie situation and falling into bed. If they want wacky hijinks have Will walk in on them the morning after and tease them about it, and maybe force his parents to perform some  embarrassing tasks / stunts in exchange for keeping quiet.

Even though I don't care for Lumi I agree if both are short term this could be a nice twist. EJ may not be "up to task" due to his injuries. Lucas is lonely, Allie is in crisis and they have such a long history a nice soapy recipe for an affair to take place.

Will would so blackmail them over it and it would be the most interesting he's been in months.

However it won't happen as they think Lucas with his rapist is oh so fun I bet they would write off Bonnie/Lucas together as opposed to having Anne, Sheryl etc return for him. You know women who wanted him and didn't violate him in the process.

• Love 2
46 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Even though I don't care for Lumi I agree if both are short term this could be a nice twist. EJ may not be "up to task" due to his injuries. Lucas is lonely, Allie is in crisis and they have such a long history a nice soapy recipe for an affair to take place.

Will would so blackmail them over it and it would be the most interesting he's been in months.

I admit I have always had a soft spot for Lumi, and I found it revolting that Sami ended up married to her rapist, but I totally agree that a Lumi affair would be classic soap.  There two have almost 30 years of history to mine so it could be really juicy.  Plus, like you said, EJ is possibly still a dried up bit of crispy fried chicken with penis problems, so Sami could be super horny.

Give us some scheming Will blackmailing his parents (in a lighthearted way), and purposely baiting them in front of Kate and Marlena etc. by dropping double entendres and making them squirm.  Then, considering tween Will really wanted Lumi to get married and be a "normal" family, maybe call back to that and have him start to enjoy the family vibe and decide to switch up his scheming to encourage them to get together for real.

Give us some old school Lumi bickering where they each blame the other for initiating the sex and being caught/blackmailed Will.  Maybe call back to some of their fights from years ago when they each accused the other of initiating the Titan photo lab sex.  Have them hatch a scheme to try to get some dirt on Will to counter the blackmail, which leads to them falling into bed again.

There's so much fun stuff Ron could do, but all that will happen is that Sami will be non-stop dialed up to 1000 and a total caricature and Lucas will keep getting harassed by his rapist.  Joy.

• LOL 2
  • Love 9

I so wish they could lure Charlotte Ross back for this round. I just cant ever commit to Kassie as Eve. My dream would be to get Nick Corelli back as well and give Eve the happy ending with the one guy who put her first. The actor was recently doing a play with Lisa Howard near me and it was neat to see him after 30 years. Still bitter about how he was killed off to do a murder mystery that ultimately went nowhere

• Love 2
(edited)

I’m looking forward to Kassie DePaiva returning as Eve. She was great when Eve confronted Ben on the park bench about killing her daughter and nearly strangled him to death. KDP does a great job as angry Eve, who is justified in going after Ben. Eve should have been used this way from the beginning instead of being in a triangle with Jack and Jennifer. I’m sure the show will attempt to make us feel sorry for “poor Ben” against “evil Eve” but I’ll be cheering her on.

Edited by TenaciousWarrior
  • Love 6

I love Kassie but I do think the whole Jack storyline would have worked better had Charlotte Ross, with all of her Eve's history with Jack and Jennifer, been in the role. 

However, in terms of revenge on Ben, I think it makes more sense to have Kassie in the role since that Ben history was with her.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I love Kassie but I do think the whole Jack storyline would have worked better had Charlotte Ross, with all of her Eve's history with Jack and Jennifer, been in the role. 

However, in terms of revenge on Ben, I think it makes more sense to have Kassie in the role since that Ben history was with her.

I agree with this it would've been much better if it was CR's Eve with Jack/Jennifer because they could've used flashbacks and I thought she had better chemistry with MA than KDP did.  Oddly enough I thought KDP had better chemistry with Casey Moss than she did with Matt despite those two being more age appropriate.

(edited)

For those keeping score... with the Olympics canceled and the Days 'days' being faster... I think the weddings are closer together than intended -- like there was to be one per week or something.  Which brings up a point -- will characters leave a few weeks earlier?  And what's the tally at this point?

Here's my GUESSES - Please confirm/refute/correct based on post Time Jump characters

Currently "out"
- Kristen - In and out due to attempted murder charge - next appearance TBD
- Brady - I didn't even know he was leaving for a bit - next appearance TBD
- JJ - out unless they bring him back in the distant future
- Abigail - half-out - back soon with an actor change
- Vivian - oh please, so not dead... out for a bit to escape jail
- Stefano - out but there is some "Plan B" lurking with Chad's brain I think - maybe the Phoenix ring is a horocrux?

Just passing through:
- Sami - she'll blow out after four weeks is my guess
- Lucas - he'll blow out after a total of 8 weeks
- Eve - revenge tour
- Shawn/Belle to interact for 18 hrs with their child
- Chloe - maybe she'll take Lucas with her?
- Eduardo - backup vocals on the Eve revenge tour
- Bonnie - stopping for the booktour and to cause a dust-up

"18 Sep" -- or will it be 8 Sep?
- Rafe - Seems long term - I think he goes to be with David
- Wilson - Seems long term - Baby drama related is my guess 
- Gabi - also seems long term -- leaving Jake behind to canoodle with WHO?

November-ish
- Hope not returning after the COVID break

Likely staying to drive the story (in no particular order):
Jarlena*
Chabi
Ericole
Elani
Stayla
Jen/Jack
Xarah
Maggie/Victor*
Julie/Doug*
CIN (recast? Ciara? or just Ben in morning)
Claire - recast after the wedding?
Kate
Roman*
Abe*
Justin
Rolfe - he's got to stay around to mad scientist mwhahahah over Chad story
Gwen
Jake
Allie -- could be here just to drop the baby and then roll out
Phillip - could be a Brady replacement although I heard NOTHING about Eric M. leaving
* COVID-19 may cause them to limit filming (could affect everyone but the high-risk actors may only do small scenes together and not be in large groups)

Based on this:
1) I think EVERYONE survives the wedding - someone will be injured but the timing doesn't work for anyone to be dead
2) Kayla has to be back from her not-honeymoon because she has to be in the hospital to treat people
3) We need a nurse.  Someone get on that.
4) As speculated the Chad-possessed (or whatever) story is the big driver coming soon, I think. For the Fall. 
5) Phillip taking over Titan because Victor is a feckless ass seems probable
6) Eli for commissioner!
7) ELani baby drama will happen but this time she gets to keep her baby
8 ) I don't know WHO sleeps with WHO in the Gabi/Jack/Gwen/Chad ... thing. But someone is having scandle-sex. If they are going to include Gabi in this 4-some, they need to do this in August.

Edited by SueB
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, SueB said:

I don't know WHO sleeps with WHO in the Gabi/Jack/Gwen/Chad ... thing. But someone is having scandle-sex. If they are going to include Gabi in this 4-some, they need to do this in August.

I want it to be Gabi/Chad but it seems like it'll probably be Gwen/brainwashed Chad.

7 minutes ago, SueB said:

Which brings up a point -- will characters leave a few weeks earlier? 

I didn't think about this but yea they will since the show is now gonna be 3-ish weeks ahead of their original schedule.

So, Gabi, Will, Sonny, and Rafe were all supposed to be leaving September 18th? Where does that come from? Seems off they'd all leave on the same day lol.

• Love 2