Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

(edited)
22 minutes ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

I wish Vivian had another gun to pull on Kate.

Or a coffin to dump her in and bury her alive I'm not picky.

I don't entirely hate Hope's top probably because she can pull it off.

I think Chad/Gwen look kind of good together course we know nothing will happen because of Abby.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I think Chad/Gwen look kind of good together course we know nothing will happen because of Abby.

I like Hope’s top, too. And I like her hair pulled back in a low ponytail. I’m glad they are accepting the damn key to the city so Kate can shut up about it now. 

I hope Chen team up against Gabi. So far Emily is impressing me with her chemistry with all her co-stars.

• Love 2
43 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I like the shirt, but for going out at night with the girlfriends, not to receive the key to the city - even if that city is Salem. Hope is usually pretty "buttoned up", so it's a surprise when she'd be dressed like this for what is typically a more formal event.

• Love 3

Even though it seems like there's nothing but bad news about this show lately, I had an epiphany today and realized that no matter how much the writing seems to be pushing Hope and Rafe back together, it's going to be very short-lived if Rafe's leaving the show as we've all heard he is. That means no more Rope! Thank God.

• Love 4

Will as the officiant for Justin and Kayla is weird.  I mean, I guess I get it, but still.

Do we know who the father of Allie's baby is?  I saw a RUMOR in one spot that it's Tripp, but it sounded made-up so wanted to see.

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Even though it seems like there's nothing but bad news about this show lately, I had an epiphany today and realized that no matter how much the writing seems to be pushing Hope and Rafe back together, it's going to be very short-lived if Rafe's leaving the show as we've all heard he is. That means no more Rope! Thank God.

I’ve actually been enjoying the Rope friendship scenes. Then I realized it’s because I enjoy Hope in a supportive role instead of front-burner stories. She plays “friend” and “daughter” well. 

• Love 7
43 minutes ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

I’ve actually been enjoying the Rope friendship scenes. Then I realized it’s because I enjoy Hope in a supportive role instead of front-burner stories. She plays “friend” and “daughter” well. 

If they're not going to commit to a non Bo love interest that isn't Rafe I rather they just keep her in the friend/daughter role.

46 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Will as the officiant for Justin and Kayla is weird.  I mean, I guess I get it, but still.

Do we know who the father of Allie's baby is?  I saw a RUMOR in one spot that it's Tripp, but it sounded made-up so wanted to see.

We don't know but Tripp is one of the few people connected to Salem she isn't related to and maybe that's why there's an uptick in Will/Kayla scenes. I could see them have a custody battle over Steve's grandchild? 

Of course Kayla is Will's great aunt via Sami but apparently the show rarely lets Kayla interact with the Brady side of her family.

• Love 1
(edited)

I had actually totally forgotten Will and Kayla are related lol.  I was thinking about his connection to Justin via Sonny.  It's just kinda odd seeing Will doing this given his involvement, as innocent as it ended up being, in, you know, the demise of Justin's last wife.

Speaking of, I haven't been watching, is Sonny conflicted at all about his father remarrying after his mother's death or it just his usual bland smiles?  And did any of Sonny's off-screen brothers have something to say about this? 

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3

Spoilers for the week of July 13th, from soaps.com:

Monday July 13:
While away from Salem, Kayla and Steve reconnect; Jack is thrown when he runs into Bonnie.

Tuesday July 14:
Kate gets the serum for Vivian from Dr. Rolf.

Wednesday July 15:
Gabi and Jake wait impatiently for the serum to kick in.

Thursday July 16:
Eric and Nicole celebrate their first night as a married couple.

Friday July 17:
Sami orders Rafe to turn down Allie’s offer.

Extended promo for next week:

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, QueenSerena said:

Spoilers for the week of July 13th, from soaps.com:

Monday July 13:
While away from Salem, Kayla and Steve reconnect; Jack is thrown when he runs into Bonnie.

Tuesday July 14:
Kate gets the serum for Vivian from Dr. Rolf.

Wednesday July 15:

Thursday July 16:

Friday July 17:
Sami orders Rafe to turn down Allie’s offer.

Extended promo for next week:

I hope the serum doesn’t work. I don’t want him to be Stefan.

I see Sami is back to being her bossy self. She makes Julie look tame. I hope Rafe doesn’t listen to her, and I don’t like Rafe.

• Love 1
(edited)

Hmmmm. No mention of the Ericole wedding. Guess I'll go into it without spoilers. I hope it's good...

I thought Chloe might be back for it....

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 1

This Rope shit is all for naught since Rafe will leave in a couple months and I heard a rumor this week they are trying to court back Peter Reckell. I don’t like Hope but want that reunion and for him to get his ass in here and drag his daughter and Ben. 

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29d72970253d62beecaa

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Seriously, is pretty much everyone leaving this show?  So far we know Will, Sonny, Gabi and Rafe are leaving right?  And this is apparently going to leave us with a Chad/Abby/Stefan triangle, Cin and Elani I guess?  Yikes!!!

• Love 1
6 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Hmmmm. No mention of the Ericole wedding. Guess I'll go into it without spoilers. I hope it's good...

I thought Chloe might be back for it....

Yeah the lack of spoilers is weird, like no buildup or anything? There was that clip in the summer promo of Sami and Nicole brawling but I think thats it.

9 hours ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

I see Sami is back to being her bossy self. She makes Julie look tame. I hope Rafe doesn’t listen to her, and I don’t like Rafe

Same. I can't stand Rafe but the idea of Sami ordering him around is making me cringe.

9 hours ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

Let me take a guess here. The serum won't work? 

• Love 2
14 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I had actually totally forgotten Will and Kayla are related lol.  I was thinking about his connection to Justin via Sonny.  It's just kinda odd seeing Will doing this given his involvement, as innocent as it ended up being, in, you know, the demise of Justin's last wife.

Speaking of, I haven't been watching, is Sonny conflicted at all about his father remarrying after his mother's death or it just his usual bland smiles?  And did any of Sonny's off-screen brothers have something to say about this? 

Nope nobody seemed to have an issue with this except Jennifer at first because she just found out Adrienne died and that Justin/Kayla became an item shortly after but it was short lived.

I like to think JJ was bothered by this and stopped talking to Justin/Kayla because of it as he didn't have any scenes with them after the TJ but that's wishful thinking on my part.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, bubble sparkly said:

Seriously, is pretty much everyone leaving this show?  So far we know Will, Sonny, Gabi and Rafe are leaving right?  And this is apparently going to leave us with a Chad/Abby/Stefan triangle, Cin and Elani I guess?  Yikes!!!

I'm sure we're getting other people in their place but I don't think it would hurt to trim the cast and right tighter stories if possible. There are too many characters on this show and most of them are barely written for.

Here are the remaining spoilers from DR:

Monday, July 13
Roman gives Eric an unexpected gift before the wedding.

Tuesday, July 14
Gabi accuses Chad of being interested in Gwen.

Wednesday, July 15
Ivan returns to help his beloved "Madame"!

Thursday, July 16
Marlena warns Will and Sonny that Sami is in town; Gabi and Vivian reel after finding out the truth about Jake

Friday, July 17
Claire, Allie and Ciara celebrate Ciara's impending nuptials.

15 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Sonny was upset about Justin moving on so quickly for like 2-3 episodes, pretty early on after the time jump. He got over it on Thanksgiving, when the family was gathering for dinner. I don't remember his brothers being mentioned along those lines at all; it's a shame that no one gets to be upset or hold grudges when it would make stories way more interesting imo.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I'm sure we're getting other people in their place but I don't think it would hurt to trim the cast and right tighter stories if possible. There are too many characters on this show and most of them are barely written for.

Fair enough point, but what have most of the characters they're keeping actually done?  All Cin and Elani ever do is pretend to go to work and make schmoopy faces at each other.  Chad is basically a robot and Abby's only conflict is HOW she will go crazy next (not if, we all know that's coming.)

• Love 3
1 hour ago, DaphneCat said:

Fair enough point, but what have most of the characters they're keeping actually done?  All Cin and Elani ever do is pretend to go to work and make schmoopy faces at each other.  Chad is basically a robot and Abby's only conflict is HOW she will go crazy next (not if, we all know that's coming.)

Oh I'd love it if those characters left instead tbh but the show likes these characters and are interested in them. So get rid of the characters you don't care for (which they have JJ, Tripp, Haley etc) they're better gone than wasting away being ignored.

I think anyone that leaves gets the better end of the deal at this point. I want new writers above all else but that's not going to happen getting rid of dead weight is the next best thing.  

• Love 1
(edited)

Maybe what they're doing is freeing up money to have a consistent rotating supporting cast and reunite old favourite couples and then swap them out for other characters to come back and reunite. Maybe that's why they're letting go of main cast members. Maybe they feel like they get more mileage out of having Anna and Tony back for a couple of episodes worth of headlines and then let them leave, and then a short while later bring back Claire for a couple of episodes again for media attention, and then have her leave and then bring back Chloe and Philip, reunite them have them leave, yada yada repeat etc.

What that does at the end of the day though is turn this into the Ben, Ciara and Stefan show.

It's so depressing right now that it seems as if the only thing to look forward to is having fan favourites return briefly get a happy ending and then leave the show before Ron can screw them up.

I don't want Bo back. They pretty much wrecked Hope as a character with the way they handled his return for the 50th anniversary, and that was all in the name of giving him a special exit and appeasing him. Hope needs to grow as a character without him. They need to learn how to write for her. Just because Bo would be back on the show does not automatically make him and Hope interesting. Jennifer and Jack are completely boring and even irritating. If you can't write for the characters well, it's better that you don't even have them on. If they were smart, they would let Hope be a friend for a couple of months, do some screen testing in secret and see if they can find another guy with whom she has chemistry, and devise a good plotline for her to fall in love again. Or maybe just not have her fall in love at all but instead make a friend. A lot of widows later in life form close friendships with people. Why can't Hope do that?

They can't do anything right. It's not as simple as "bring back Actor X and the ratings will go up!" Not when the show can't tell good stories.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

Maybe what they're doing is freeing up money to have a consistent rotating supporting cast and reunite old favourite couples and then swap them out for other characters to come back and reunite. Maybe that's why they're letting go of main cast members. Maybe they feel like they get more mileage out of having Anna and Tony back for a couple of episodes worth of headlines and then let them leave, and then a short while later bring back Claire for a couple of episodes again for media attention, and then have her leave and then bring back Chloe and Philip, reunite them have them leave, yada yada repeat etc.

What that does at the end of the day though is turn this into the Ben, Ciara and Stefan show.

It's so depressing right now that it seems as if the only thing to look forward to is having fan favourites return briefly get a happy ending and then leave the show before Ron can screw them up.

I don't want Bo back. They pretty much wrecked Hope as a character with the way they handled his return for the 50th anniversary, and that was all in the name of giving him a special exit and appeasing him. Hope needs to grow as a character without him. They need to learn how to write for her. Just because Bo would be back on the show does not automatically make him and Hope interesting. Jennifer and Jack are completely boring and even irritating. If you can't write for the characters well, it's better that you don't even have them on. If they were smart, they would let Hope be a friend for a couple of months, do some screen testing in secret and see if they can find another guy with whom she has chemistry, and devise a good plotline for her to fall in love again. Or maybe just not have her fall in love at all but instead make a friend. A lot of widows later in life formerly close friendships with people. Why can't Hope do that?

They can't do anything right. It's not as simple as "bring back Actor X and the ratings will go up!" Not when the show can't tell good stories.

I agree these ratings stunts go so far. I still like J&J they aren't on all that much and mostly at this point they're supporting everyone else which is the right role for them at this point. However they've had better storylines but that could be said about everyone.

I resent this show trashing Aiden the way they did. They could've had Bo return and Aiden step aside to let Bo/Hope have final moments together. Bo dies and Hope has to deal with her grief. Meanwhile Aiden moves onto someone else in typical soap fashion while Hope deals with losing Bo. When Hope is ready to move on Aiden is with someone else and she tries to get him back.  Instead they had Bo bless Rafe and we're stuck with Rope which doesn't help either character. Hope kills Stefano and the show has been trying to rectify the damage it caused Hope even to this day. 

In the end Hope never recovered. Honestly Hope/Aiden dealing with married life and Chase's issues of finding out he was responsible for his mother's death along with Ciara losing her father could've provided plenty of drama for them along with them butting heads in their jobs but that's character driven for this show. She would've been in a much better place on this show instead of the directionless character she is now. 

I don't want Bo back either unless its for the final episode where he's reunited with Hope. 

• Love 6

Well I guess if that happens they think it would suck slightly less that Abby would be drawn to her rapist's twin....

Course they could change it to Stefan around the time Gabi leaves as well. 

I think the hatred for a resurrection of Chad/Abby/Stefan DID storyline is the one thing that most Days fans agree on. Which makes me wonder if they hope this kills the show I can't believe they think this story is a good idea.

• Love 1
(edited)

If Jake stays Jake and not Stefan, and if Abby sleeps with him, that will be 4 Dimera men that she has slept with. That's more than Kate who slept with Stefano, EJ and Andre. Although in the case of Stefan, it was her alter and it was rape.

Edited by nilyank
  • Love 2
36 minutes ago, nilyank said:

If Jake stays Jake and not Stefan, and if Abby sleeps with him, that will be 4 Dimera men that she has slept with. That's more than Kate who slept with Stefan, EJ and Andre. Although in the case of Stefan, it was her alter and it was rape.

Which would make it 3 men she would've willingly slept with not 4. That being said I bet if he remains Jake it will be a repeat of Stefan except Gwen will be the Gabi in this situation is my guess.

Kate slept with Stefano not Stefan.

39 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

I read something this morning that said that Freddie Smith is hinting that the WilSon departure is only temporary.

I think most of these departures are temporary even Gabi's tbh. The only ones I think are permanent this past year are JJ and Haley. 

54 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

I read something this morning that said that Freddie Smith is hinting that the WilSon departure is only temporary.

I started watching his most recent YouTube video vlog thing where he was speculating on how Days would go back into production given what's already been said about The Bold and the Beautiful and other shows. He had to offer a disclaimer at the beginning that he wasn't working on the show and didn't have any inside information from anybody, so it was really just him regurgitating what we already heard and throwing out some theories. It was during that that he made it sound like he felt Will and Sonny might only be gone temporarily, but he stipulated that that's just a feeling he has and not based on any facts. It didn't sound like he was trying to spill some spoilers, as much as fill up 10 minutes of time with the sound of his own voice. Simply put I don't trust much of what he says. He can selling things online with his wife and trying to organize meet and greets and side hustles for years now. Wasn't he involved in a pyramid scheme too? Long story short, I'll believe it when I hear it from a more reliable source in the know. When he and Chandler were talking about their departure in a vlog months ago, they said that it was very abrupt and Chandler spoke of it as if it would be a difficult thing for Will and Sonny to come back from. At least that was the impression I got. Watching Chandler talk about it, it was as if they had killed off Will and Sonny in one fell swoop and he was blindsided and just didn't see a possibility for their return. Hopefully it's not as bad as that. I'm operating under the assumption that the characters have been written into a corner. Given what seems to be going on behind the scenes at Days, I wonder if there hasn't been a push to completely keep the gay characters off the canvas all together. Maybe they found a way to do that with Will and Sonny that will explain why they may never come back to the show again. Hopefully that's not the case.

1 hour ago, nilyank said:

That's more than Kate who slept with Stefan, EJ and Andre.

Um.....when did Kate sleep with Stefan?

3 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

SoapDirt now has a story that Jake may be Stefan’s twin.

They are probably basing it on the spoiler that says "Vivian and Gabi reel after learning the truth about Jake". 

• Love 1
16 hours ago, howmanywords said:

They are probably basing it on the spoiler that says "Vivian and Gabi reel after learning the truth about Jake". 

I was gonna ask if we knew what that spoiler was about. Jake being Stefan's twin is almost more predictable than him just being Stefan lol.

• Love 1

I actually have thought for a while Jake is his twin but it’ll be revealed Stefan O is alive so he’ll play dual roles or Gabi will be ushered off to find the real Stefan not unlike Sami looking for EJ.

Not looking forward to when WillSon and Gabi are gone. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
(edited)

Just read an article that says Kristien Alfonso is leaving the show and has already filmed her exit. Understandable, as she has not had any appreciable story line for some time, unless you want to count the Gina redux which I found rather pathetic and comedic. Also could explain the re-pairing with Rafe - will they ride off into the sunset together?

https://deadline.com/2020/07/kristian-alfonso-exits-days-of-our-lives-after-37-years-1202978733/amp/

Edited by salvame
Added link
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

I think the Days we know will be even more unrecognizable by the time it returns.

She's definitely not going to be the only long timer that's leaving either. Especially when most of them are up there in age.

• Love 1
On 7/4/2020 at 1:47 PM, CanaryFan98 said:

Nope nobody seemed to have an issue with this except Jennifer at first because she just found out Adrienne died and that Justin/Kayla became an item shortly after but it was short lived.

I like to think JJ was bothered by this and stopped talking to Justin/Kayla because of it as he didn't have any scenes with them after the TJ but that's wishful thinking on my part.

JJ Deveraux?  Why?  What am I forgetting.

• Love 1

Thursday July 16:

It's about DAMN TIME. Glad this wedding results in a marriage. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, SueB said:

JJ Deveraux?  Why?  What am I forgetting.

He barely had any scenes with Justin/Kayla after the TJ and I found it strange that Kayla never mentioned him much given past closeness and Haley dying in the hospital. Course its possible they just didn't care.

20 hours ago, salvame said:

Just read an article that says Kristien Alfonso is leaving the show and has already filmed her exit. Understandable, as she has not had any appreciable story line for some time, unless you want to count the Gina redux which I found rather pathetic and comedic. Also could explain the re-pairing with Rafe - will they ride off into the sunset together?

https://deadline.com/2020/07/kristian-alfonso-exits-days-of-our-lives-after-37-years-1202978733/amp/

More about that below

Days of Our Lives is losing one of his stars. Kristin Alfonso is leaving the series after 37 years as Hope Brady. The actress revealed her departure in a statement to Deadline.

She said the following about leaving the NBC soap opera:

“I feel blessed and honored to have been invited into people’s homes for over three decades. However, it is now time for me to write my next chapter, I will not be returning to Days when it resumes production in September. I’ve already filmed my last episode several months ago.”

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

Bye Ciara!!!! 

This show gonna just revolve around Abby’s love life and Elani in Fall 🤔 

With the rumors that the next story for Stefan (or Jake) is a love triangle with Abby and Chad (rumored to have been drugging her) why wouldn't DOOL go for the gold and throw Ben in the mix as well? 

Although with Lani being all about the crazies running around town, maybe Ben could be for her.

• Love 3
(edited)

My mind is going a mile a minute with this news that Ciara is leaving the show. They now have five characters to write off the show. If it were me, I would pay off Ben's only consistent character trait and have him go back off the deep end and attempt to murder Ciara...and maybe even Will too. In the process he could accidentally kill Rafe, which could prompt Hope to whisk her daughter off into Witness Protection or just flee overseas after Clyde gets wind of the news. And Will would be redeemed, at least in my eyes, for buddying up with the guy who tried to kill him as part of TPTB's Ben campaign.

Will, Gabi, Ari and Sonny could decide to leave Salem as a group, with Clyde and Ben left behind as villains to stir up trouble until they are inevitably caught and killed.

....I know, I'm dreaming here. They love Ben waaaay too much. But that's the best exit strategy I think for these characters.

Do you guys think they are going to bring back Belle and Shawn D full-time now? They need characters and they seem to be hemorrhaging them. I just can't think of what the story would be for those two since Claire is not staying on the show because the actress has found other work.

Christy Clark no longer lives in the States if I recall correctly, so getting Carrie back I think would be a bigger challenge than they might be willing to deal with. I personally think bringing Theresa back to the show would be wise since Jennifer Lily seems quite well liked. I would also bring back Theo...

...their lack of young characters is really problematic right now isn't it? If the veterans don't want to come back for more filming because their lives could be in danger, who will be filling that void? Of course the irony is covid-19 also effects young people so it's not as if they are automatically immune either.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 3

I do like the idea of Ben going back into serial killer mode but it looks like he's still around.

10 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

I just can't think of what the story would be for those two since Claire is not staying on the show because the actress has found other work.

I believe they're recasting Claire.

11 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Christy Clark no longer lives in the States if I recall correctly, so getting Carrie back I think would be a bigger challenge than they might be willing to deal with.

They seemed to set up something for her--a potential "who's the daddy" story when she slept with Rafe during her last visit but since he's gone, it's unlikely she has much going on for her in Salem.  Maybe he leaves to go be a daddy to that surprise pregnancy we don't know about yet. (Just speculation).

• Love 2
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

My mind is going a mile a minute with this news that Ciara is leaving the show. They now have five characters to write off the show. If it were me, I would pay off Ben's only consistent character trait and have him go back off the deep end and attempt to murder Ciara...and maybe even Will too. In the process he could accidentally kill Rafe, which could prompt Hope to whisk her daughter off into Witness Protection or just flee overseas after Clyde gets wind of the news. And Will would be redeemed, at least in my eyes, for buddying up with the guy who tried to kill him as part of TPTB's Ben campaign.

Will, Gabi, Ari and Sonny could decide to leave Salem as a group, with Clyde and Ben left behind as villains to stir up trouble until they are inevitably caught and killed.

....I know, I'm dreaming here. They love Ben waaaay too much. But that's the best exit strategy I think for these characters.

Do you guys think they are going to bring back Belle and Shawn D full-time now? They need characters and they seem to be hemorrhaging them. I just can't think of what the story would be for those two since Claire is not staying on the show because the actress has found other work.

Christy Clark no longer lives in the States if I recall correctly, so getting Carrie back I think would be a bigger challenge than they might be willing to deal with. I personally think bringing Theresa back to the show would be wise since Jennifer Lily seems quite well liked. I would also bring back Theo...

...their lack of young characters is really problematic right now isn't it? If the veterans don't want to come back for more filming because their lives could be in danger, who will be filling that void? Of course the irony is covid-19 also effects young people so it's not as if they are automatically immune either.

I would love this scenario tbh.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Wait, Ciara is leaving, too?!

Yes.

This explains why they screen tested Allie for Ben.. course I'd take a Cin HEA if he would leave too but we're stuck with him.

Watch Cin finally be interesting by the time she leaves.

• Love 2

I was thinking having Sami come back full-time might make up for these other high-profile departures, but the truth is I really don't like the way Ron writes Sami. She's usually quite hysterical under his pen....

This show really needs some good news and soon.

• Love 2

I can't see Allison Sweeney wanting to come back full time.  She has a sweet gig as it is.  It seems as if she can pretty much come and go as she pleases which allows her to do Hallmark movies and other things. 

It's probably cost effective for the show as well as short stints here and there cost less than having her around full time.  And all of her love interests are gone or will be gone so would that mean we'd have to have EJ back?

• Love 2