Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

12 hours ago, Rafael said:

Eric finds Lucas and Nicole in a compromising position

Source: SOD

As Iv said before, I still say Lucas and Nicole should have hooked up around 2008 when Nicole returned to Salem to divorce Victor. I think they would have been better than Lucas/Chloe . Nicole could have later cheated on him with EJ . remember when Nicole and Sami fought at the Brady pub and Nicole was caught in the middle ? she openly pointed out that all 3 of them have slept with Lucas and that Lucas was a super horn dog who wanted to do it all the time  while he was married to her and she said it with fondness in her voice . I think Lucas hooking up with Nicole after seeing Sami in bed with EJ would have worked . 

Actually that really would've been better as Eric wasn't around but I don't think Brady was around back then either. 

That would've added something more to Sami vs Nicole as well. However I think they wanted to put Lucas/Chloe together because they are characters that are popular but the show doesn't really care that much so they just throw them together and have them be filler. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Actually that really would've been better as Eric wasn't around but I don't think Brady was around back then either. 

That would've added something more to Sami vs Nicole as well. However I think they wanted to put Lucas/Chloe together because they are characters that are popular but the show doesn't really care that much so they just throw them together and have them be filler. 

Brady showed up in Salem in time to renew his friendship with Nicole long enough to be there when she miscarried and she started her quest to steal Sami's daughter.

Rather than keep Chloe involved with Philip, they connected her to his brother whom she promptly lost interests once she had a doctor's appointment with Dan. Meanwhile Philip was forced into mindless relationships with females a near decade younger than him.

They didn't care to write for Lucas so they ended up sending him to prison, then rehab then off to the somewhere in Asia within a 2 year span. They promptly jettison out of any triangle with Sami and EJ by inserting Rafe into what was Lucas' role.

Not that I blame the show as I find Lucas to be the least interesting of Kate's kids. Even Austin is more interesting than him.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Brady showed up in Salem in time to renew his friendship with Nicole long enough to be there when she miscarried and she started her quest to steal Sami's daughter.

Rather than keep Chloe involved with Philip, they connected her to his brother whom she promptly lost interests once she had a doctor's appointment with Dan. Meanwhile Philip was forced into mindless relationships with females a near decade younger than him.

They didn't care to write for Lucas so they ended up sending him to prison, then rehab then off to the somewhere in Asia within a 2 year span. They promptly jettison out of any triangle with Sami and EJ by inserting Rafe into what was Lucas' role.

Not that I blame the show as I find Lucas to be the least interesting of Kate's kids. Even Austin is more interesting than him.

Yes but was that around 2008 though? I figured it was a bit later he arrived. 

I liked Phillip/Stephanie she's my fave pairing of his its when they trashed that for him to be with Melanie it went downhill for him which is why I'm not really looking forward to Jay's return because I don't expect it to be better this time around.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Yes but was that around 2008 though? I figured it was a bit later he arrived. 

November 2008. I think Sami was pregnant and in witness protection in the safe house with Rafe. But EM and GG showed that year after Passions ended in that same year.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Lucas and Chloe were shockingly bad as a pairing. It was easily the most randomly thrown together pairing of all time.

• Love 2

Lucas wanting Allie to keep the baby so it stays in the family yet balking at Will and Sonny adopting it...which would keep it in the family, is just nonsensical writing.  Come up with a motive and stick with it, show.

Yay to Jack and Steve.

Kristen and Lani--it's love.  So is Kristen's return short?

• Love 9
29 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

Kristen is back for 2 days or so to see Lani. No word on any run ins with her "true love" Brady. Wonder where Rachel is?

I'd assume Kristen left her either in a locker at the airport, or at home with extra food in her bowl and a clean litter box, because she's a really good mother.  

• LOL 20
(edited)
Extended version:

Spoilers for the week of June 29th - from soaps.com and DR:

Monday June 29:
Gabi’s verdict is delivered; Marlena comforts Brady, who longs for his family.

Tuesday June 30:
Kristen and Brady reunite; A shocking guest crashes Lani and Eli's wedding!

Wednesday July 1:
Chaos erupts at Lani and Eli’s wedding; Claire and Ciara bond over wedding planning.

Thursday July 2:
Jake and Gabi reel over his DNA test results; Ben and Ciara confront Claire about the damaged wedding dress; Vivian is stunned to learn about Jake.

Friday July 3:
Jake is rattled by his encounter with Vivian; Eric gives Will and Sonny disappointing news; Eli and Lani have a romantic wedding night.

Edited by QueenSerena
  • Love 3
On 6/19/2020 at 2:05 PM, QueenSerena said:

Kristen and Brady reunite;

Barf. 

Chaos erupts at Lani and Eli’s wedding

Jesus, the wedding is happening already? Didn't they just get engaged like 3 weeks ago? Which in Salem-time is actually like 1 week ago. 

Jake and Gabi reel over his DNA test results

I'm guessing he is Stefan's long lost twin, so the test results will show he has similar DNA. Which will confuse Jake and convince Gabi he is indeed her dead husband. She'll never give him a moment's peace now. 

• Love 5
6 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I don't like Cin as much as the next person but it makes sense they think Claire did this given past history even if they're smug and annoying.

Yeah same. I'm TeamClaire, but why wouldn't anyone automatically assume she is the culprit? A massive fire also breaks out at the wedding. Even though its spoiled Claire is framed you couldnt blame them for suspecting her of that either.

There was a preview clip a couple of weeks ago of Vivian sitting in a police station and crying upon seeing Jake saying "my son". Either she thinks he's Stefan or that's when we learn she had twins. Stupid and typical soap plot.

• Love 6

I think it's hard to really stand with Ben/Ciara even though it makes sense for them to suspect Claire because they're the same people who get butthurt or downright dickish when people sorta kinda think maybe Ben isn't now the greatest American Hero.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I'm more butthurt that it seems like Eric and Nicole are going to get a wedding and reception about as exciting as the free sample stand at Costco.

Maybe less so.

Of all the couples to get a church wedding its the serial killer not the ex priest and the woman he worked with and the same church which really began the GV version of Ericole. This would've been a full circle moment for them as the church was a part of their history.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
6 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I'm more butthurt that it seems like Eric and Nicole are going to get a wedding and reception about as exciting as the free sample stand at Costco.

Maybe less so.

There's a new promo on the DOOL app for National Kissing Day and it shows a brief clip of the Ericole wedding and what can be seen of her dress looks so boring. Sad so little effort is being put into a wedding for a couple with their history.

And maybe a little spoiler but the same promo shows Jake/Stefan & Gabi smiling and kissing. It looks new because he's wearing the garage shirt. So maybe he does end up being Stefan.

Eta: here's the promo for anyone who doesn't have the app

Edited by howmanywords
  • Love 3
46 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Of all the couples to get a church wedding its the serial killer not the ex priest and the woman he worked with and the same church which really began the GV version of Ericole. This would've been a full circle moment for them as the church was a part of their history.

An ex-priest is not going to be able to get married in a Church to a woman who has been married and divorced multiple times, especially not since Nicole has already been married in a Church (first wedding to EJ) and got a divorce.

So they get married at the Pub. Lame. But since I think Eric could do better and I don't like Nicole, it is just hilarious to me.

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, nilyank said:

An ex-priest is not going to be able to get married in a Church to a woman who has been married and divorced multiple times, especially not since Nicole has already been married in a Church (first wedding to EJ) and got a divorce.

The real world has no place in this show! Ben murdered 4 people and he’s getting married in a church! 

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Nicole has been divorced.  All Ben did was kill a few people and he has changed. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
57 minutes ago, tribeca said:

Nicole has been divorced.  All Ben did was kill a few people and he has changed. 

Ben could confess to a priest his crimes which coincides with his mental illness, and the priest can give him absolution of he believes that Ben is completely repentant of his crimes.

Now if Ben had actually married Abby and then tried to kill his spouse to be will Ciara or divorced her, then he would not be allowed to received the sacrament of marriage from the Catholic Church.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, nilyank said:

So they get married at the Pub. Lame. But since I think Eric could do better and I don't like Nicole, it is just hilarious to me.

I don't care for Ericole either but mostly because I think Nicole needs a far edgier guy than Eric who I don't think really accepts the true Nicole.  I also think Eric could do better as when it comes down to it he's never been her first choice while she's always been his. That being said none of the couples getting married do anything for me but its a lot more justifiable to dust off the church set for those two than it is for Ben/Ciara.  Meanwhile every other couple on this show has to settle to get married at Julie's Place or the Horton Town Square yet they get a church wedding.

• Love 4

8 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Meanwhile every other couple on this show has to settle to get married at Julie's Place or the Horton Town Square yet they get a church wedding.

Oh its even worse than that. This CIN wedding they ponied up $. Apparently RSW said last week when talking about how beautiful the wedding will be that the show even brought in special cameras or something 🙄

• Love 6
(edited)
2 hours ago, howmanywords said:

Oh its even worse than that. This CIN wedding they ponied up $. Apparently RSW said last week when talking about how beautiful the wedding will be that the show even brought in special cameras or something 🙄

That seems like a waste of money.  They just have gotten the photographer who already knows him, like the one who did his police lineup shots when he was arrested for his multiple murders.  Maybe they could put some sort of a wedding filter frame on those and give them out to the guests at the reception?  I wonder what the centerpieces will be.....maybe some sort of necktie/floral thingy?  Something romantic like that?

The wedding I feel bad about is Eric and Nicole's.  Not her so much, since she's been married at least 4 times before.  But with this being Eric's first, you'd think he'd at least get to wear a great wedding dress.  Geesh, Show!

Edited by boes
  • LOL 10
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, nilyank said:

Ben could confess to a priest his crimes which coincides with his mental illness, and the priest can give him absolution of he believes that Ben is completely repentant of his crimes.

Now if Ben had actually married Abby and then tried to kill his spouse to be will Ciara or divorced her, then he would not be allowed to received the sacrament of marriage from the Catholic Church.

Religion is wild lol.

2 hours ago, howmanywords said:

Fucking fuck. I shouldn't be surprised though.

40 minutes ago, boes said:

But with this being Eric's first, you'd think at least he'd get to at least wear a great wedding dress.  Geesh, Show!

Seriously though! Poor Eric, a true legacy even if I don't give one fuck about him, having his first wedding in the Brady Pub. That's cold!

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Religion is wild lol.

Fucking fuck. I shouldn't be surprised though.

Seriously though! Poor Eric, a true legacy even I don't give one fuck about him, having his first wedding in the Brady Pub. That's cold!

I only cared about Eric when he was Jensen Ackles, to be honest.

• Love 3

Eric/GV are lucky that he's part of a popular pairing in Ericole because otherwise he would've probably been written out ages ago as he's treated as an afterthought on this show. However he ranks really low in the Marlena children totem pole.

The only Brady spawn this show has ever cared to write for is Sami and she's the one I hate go figure.

(edited)

Aw geez...now you have me thinking about the fact that none of Eric's other siblings will be in attendance for his first wedding. Will Belle even be around, or has she vanished now that they have finished reintroducing Claire? She and Shawn D must have some invisability cloaks or something because they come and go at the weirdest times...

I can't wait to deliberately miss Ben's Big Beautiful Bullshit Wedding!

....although, if Eve shows up and shoots him through the head multiple times in slow motion, I will not only watch it on a loop, but also completely withdraw ALL of the bad things I've ever said about her storylines and love her forever and ever, amen.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • LOL 3
  • Love 7
14 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Aw geez...now you have me thinking about the fact that none of Eric's other siblings will be in attendance for his first wedding. Will Belle even be around, or has she vanished now that they have finished reintroducing Claire? She and Shawn D must have some invisability cloaks or something because they come and go at the weirdest times...

I can't wait to deliberately miss Ben's Big Beautiful Bullshit Wedding!

....although, if Eve shows up and shoots him through the head multiple times in slow motion, I will not only watch it on a loop, but also completely withdraw ALL of the bad things I've ever said about her storylines and love her forever and ever, amen.

I bet it will be Abe officiating with Roman, Kate(because they don't know what to do with her so she's forced into scenes) and possibly Jarlena/Brady there's the guest list. 

Maybe Lucas might show up too since Sami will crash it but that's about it. 

...if they leave out Belle, I'll be pissed.

Who am I kidding, I'll be pissed anyway. This should have been a week long build-up, with clips dating back to Nicole's first appearances back in the day and a whole hoopla about the trajectory of their relationship over the years. It's kind of crazy that these two star-crossed lovers have been going at it since the mid-90s and this is only their first wedding. That's like unheard of in the soap opera realm...

• Love 5
8 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Who am I kidding, I'll be pissed anyway. This should have been a week long build-up, with clips dating back to Nicole's first appearances back in the day and a whole hoopla about the trajectory of their relationship over the years. It's kind of crazy that these two star-crossed lovers have been going at it since the mid-90s and this is only their first wedding. That's like unheard of in the soap opera realm...

I don't care about about big huge weddings but it's crazy that they won't get something decent considering how long it took them to get here.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
15 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Well that could've worked if Jensen Ackles stuck around as Eric. However I think Eric/Nicole was never intended as a meant to be couple despite the show saying otherwise. She waffled back and forth between EJ and Brady for the decade Eric wasn't around and didn't give him a second thought. 

I believe she's the only one for him but I don't really get that from her not when she always seemed to choose someone else over him most of the time. That being said since there's nobody else for either of them at this point its whatever lol.

• Love 3

Yeah, I also do not see Nicole/Eric as star-crossed lovers. Double-crossed? Sure, as Nicole willingly left Eric high and dry to marry Lucas for money. And Nicole has never seemed to give Eric a thought unless there were no other options in the offing.

Eric does seem into her, but vice versa? I personally don't see it myself.

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Yeah, I also do not see Nicole/Eric as star-crossed lovers. Double-crossed? Sure, as Nicole willingly left Eric high and dry to marry Lucas for money. And Nicole has never seemed to give Eric a thought unless there were no other options in the offing.

Eric does seem into her, but vice versa? I personally don't see it myself.

Yep she has more  on screen romantic history with Brady than with Eric but for some reason the show insists otherwise. They are also insistent having Brady be a middle aged F Up which I could accept if the show didn't give him two kids that were never needed in the first place as they don't add anything to the character. 

If they wanted to give Brady a stable relationship it should've been Chloe not Kristen of all people. I'd even go for Brady/Nicole as she doesn't seem to have to stifle her true self with him like she does with Eric however he's always her second choice as well so I rather they stay friends.

• Love 1
(edited)
6 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Well that could've worked if Jensen Ackles stuck around as Eric. However I think Eric/Nicole was never intended as a meant to be couple despite the show saying otherwise. She waffled back and forth between EJ and Brady for the decade Eric wasn't around and didn't give him a second thought. 

I believe she's the only one for him but I don't really get that from her not when she always seemed to choose someone else over him most of the time. That being said since there's nobody else for either of them at this point its whatever lol.

The show has never invested in Eric like Sami.. Eric should have been recasted after Jensen left the show.  We also should have had stories with Sami and Eric's bond as twins on the show and how that drives stories for both of them.

I too never saw Eric and Nicole as a major couple even back in their original run.. Eric was always into her more than she was into him..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 2

I just saw a pic on Twitter and it looks like Viv storms the Elani wedding - payback for shooting Stefan I suppose.

Also - IVAN RETURNS! Loved him with Viv. I hope his plot is a good one this time around. Someone on Twitter posted a clip of when Ivan last showed up as a Bollywood filmmaker to whisk Viv away from Salem.....and in the clip Viv's (forgotten) son Quinn is at a Brady Pub table with Abe and a gal I thought was Ava Vitali....but she's referred to as Taylor. Huh?!? Someone please explain that one to me.

• Love 1
57 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Also - IVAN RETURNS! Loved him with Viv. I hope his plot is a good one this time around. Someone on Twitter posted a clip of when Ivan last showed up as a Bollywood filmmaker to whisk Viv away from Salem.....and in the clip Viv's (forgotten) son Quinn is at a Brady Pub table with Abe and a gal I thought was Ava Vitali....but she's referred to as Taylor. Huh?!? Someone please explain that one to me.

Natalia Livingston was hired to play Taylor but within a few months the show replaced her Tamara Braun who had previously played Ava a few years earlier. Then some more years later TB comes back again to play Ava.

• Love 2