Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

(edited)
4 hours ago, Harmony233 said:

IA they won't have lani abort.American soaps are so afraid to write abortion stories.They write so many on the British soaps and it's no big deal lol.

They've done it in the past on Y&R Ashley aborted Victor's baby(course FF years later she thought stealing his sperm which produced Abby was a better option) 

Then there was Erica's abortion on AMC which was a good story and then they undid that storyline near the end of the show and nothing more needs to be said there.

The only abortion this show has done and they stuck with was Lulu aborting Dillon's baby on GH. 

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

Do we know if it's the original actress coming back to play Claire or will it be a recast?  And I look forward to seeing Shawn and Belle again.

I'm also wondering about Jake's former girlfriend Gwen and how she'll fit in with the storyline with Gabi.

Yes its Olivia returning to the role but she's also been cast in another series so I don't think she's sticking around tbh.

I think Gwen is the Emily O'Brien role we heard about earlier. 

• LOL 1
31 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I'd laugh if that happened but knowing this show it will probably be Gabi which also works.

Why would Gabi want that corrupt cop's baby?

28 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

They've done it in the past on Y&R Ashley aborted Victor's baby(course FF years later she thought stealing his sperm which produced Abby was a better option) 

Then there was Erica's abortion on AMC which was a good story and then they undid that storyline near the end of the show and nothing more needs to be said there.

The only abortion this show has done and they stuck with was Lulu aborting Dillon's baby on GH. 

Remember Mimi aborted Rex's baby.

• Love 2
(edited)
6 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

The whole Lani, Eli pregnancy spoiler is one BIG yawn.  No way will show allow Lani to NOT go through with the pregnancy.  Even with no details, I can map out this whole story: 

• Lani expresses doubt about the pregnancy.   
  • Something (accident, illness, etc.) will happen and she will almost lose it. 
  • She will now want it more than ever. 
  • She will AGAIN get an illness or injury where we are supposed to believe she is in grave danger of losing the pregnancy she now wants more than ever. 
  • There will be drama. 
  • She will have a "miracle" baby who is 100% perfect.

Through this whole thing, we will watch Sal woodenly try to pretend to cry.

I have absolutely NO interest whatsoever in this story line.

Yup, either  Steve will come charge in in some over-the-top way (motor-cycle, white horse, battery powered skateboard, roller skates.........) and declare his undying love for Kayla (who will then declare her undying love for Steve) or Adrienne will walk in - right before they finish the vows.  Possibly both.

Or the show could tackle the epidemic of  preventable Black maternal deaths in this country with Lani becoming aware of this issue because she is now pregnant and scared that she may fall victim to racism in the healthcare system.. Serena Williams and Beyonce almost died having their babies.  I doubt Ron could do a story like that but it would be a different story instead of the same old same old..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

First round of spoilers for the week of June 1st, from soaps.com:

Monday June 1:
Lani grapples with her fears about her pregnancy.

Tuesday June 2:
Jake comes clean with Ben.

Wednesday June 3:
Claire pleads with Marlena to help her gain early release from Bayview.

Thursday June 4:
Hope goes to bat for Rafe in his custody battle with Zoey.

Friday June 5:
Jake reveals to Ben and Ciara that Gabi has been kidnapped!
A drunk Steve is tempted to tell Kayla the truth.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Yes its Olivia returning to the role but she's also been cast in another series so I don't think she's sticking around tbh.

What series is she gonna be in? 

11 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Or the show could tackle the epidemic of  preventable Black maternal deaths in this country with Lani becoming aware of this issue because she is now pregnant and scared that she may fall victim to racism in the healthcare system.. Serena Williams and Beyonce almost died having their babies.  I doubt Ron could do a story like that but it would be a different story instead of the same old same old..

That's a great idea, but I really don't wanna see Ron try to do it lol.

• Love 4
(edited)
3 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

What series is she gonna be in? 

That's a great idea, but I really don't wanna see Ron try to do it lol.

17 hours ago, bobcat1946 said:

Why would Gabi want that corrupt cop's baby?

Remember Mimi aborted Rex's baby.

I forgot about that it was referenced during her last visit then she apparently apologized for it and ended up having Emily afterwards.

As to why Gabi would want Lani's baby why did she want Eli? To take something of hers same thing here.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 2
(edited)
20 hours ago, QueenSerena said:

Weekly previews, sorry for the delay!

Do Sonny even have a job? It would be nice to have one before expanding your family. This couple is so boring.

Edited by Sidney
  • Love 1

Here's some more spoilers from DR:

Tuesday, June 2, 2020
Sarah lays into Victor for what he did to her.  
John questions Brady's motives. 

Wednesday, June 3, 2020
Eric and Ciara share their concern for Brady.
Ben offers to help Jake locate his ex-girlfriend.

Thursday, June 4, 2020
Jack gives Steve advice about Kayla. 

Friday, June 5, 2020
Claire confides in her new friend and fellow patient, Gwen.

There is a new show in the 1st, as evidenced by the first round of spoilers. DR just chose not to release anything else from that day.

• Love 2

Oh Lord, if Claire gets tangled up with crazy Gwen it's pretty much guaranteed she'll be thrown under the bus all over again. It's a shame that they give the good actresses (Gabi, Kristen, Claire) the "going insane" storylines because they have the range to do more than just stand there being dull and self-righteous (exception: Abifail).

The funeral had better not be Victor. John Aniston is legitimately the only one I can count on anymore. They use them sparingly and well.

They are making a lot of people angry with him right now... I just don't trust Ron to write something good for him. There's no chance in hell of us getting Sherri back?

• Love 2

No Sonny doesn't but since he and Will are leaving soon I don't care as much. I never understood why they didn't let Sonny keep his coffeehouse that was when the character was it his best or even TBD that worked too. 

I think Claire is brought on for Cin angst nothing more if ORK isn't sticking around long term.. just watch.

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

No Sonny doesn't but since he and Will are leaving soon I don't care as much. I never understood why they didn't let Sonny keep his coffeehouse that was when the character was it his best or even TBD that worked too. 

I think Claire is brought on for Cin angst nothing more if ORK isn't sticking around long term.. just watch.

Sonny has always said that he wanted to make it on his own when it comes to business.  I always felt that Alex should have been introduced shortly after Wilson's wedding coinciding with the arrival of Paul as an antagonist for Wilson.  Alex should have pulled Sonny into the Kiriakis sphere funneling money through Sonny's coffeeshop causing tension for Wilson and creating conflict between Sonny and his older brother..

• Love 2
5 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

To me it sounds more like she's back to "introduce" Gwen into the storyline, since they're  friends at the mental clinic.

• Love 2

9 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

Hot Take: Claire and Ben had way more chemistry than CIN. 🤪

💯Man, I wish they would've went there.

They're bringing Claire back for 2 reasons, to prop up a serial killer/his shitty girlfriend and to introduce a new character into the retread Jake/Stefan story. What a waste lol.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

Hot Take: Claire and Ben had way more chemistry than CIN. 🤪

I don't see them as a romantic option(although he's one of the few people in Salem not related to her) but I think they had a frenemy chemistry. Where they could be co-conspirators but they shouldn't really be a couple. Of course they couldn't let Ben be bad though..

1 hour ago, Harmony233 said:

Eve is supposed to be coming back too.you know either her or Claire will be used for angst for Cin.

While I'm all for Eve having a visit that doesn't involve J&J for a change this is not what I had in mind. Although I will enjoy her briefly tormenting Cin before she gets thrown under that bus.

(edited)
On 5/22/2020 at 8:52 PM, CanaryFan98 said:

Sal Stowers had an abortion on the brief All My Children online reboot where she got pregnant after being sex trafficked. They made sure to emphasize it wasn't a viable pregnancy because she had been pumped with drugs. I guess because the fact that she was raped day in and day wasn't enough to "justify" the abortion. They still had her mother be against it, though.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 3
On 5/22/2020 at 8:52 PM, CanaryFan98 said:

Ashley went crazy after her abortion and do not forget that Victor berated her for making that choice.  

• Love 2
On 5/23/2020 at 4:06 PM, QueenSerena said:

Jack gives Steve advice about Kayla. 

9 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

Make sure DVR is set!

Finally! It's been over a month since they shared a scene. I was hoping they'd have a chat in the hospital on Friday since Steve knew Abigail was there and I thought he'd surely run into Jack while he waited for Marlena, but NOPE they couldn't even give us 1 measly scene. So I'll take what I can get at this point. I just hope the Steve/Jack scene doesn't get cut like so many Sonny/Will scenes do. 

8 hours ago, tribeca said:

Hopefully Belle will get to interact with her brothers.  

Man, I had to think far too hard to remember her brothers are Eric and Brady. It's weird that her half-brother (Eric) is her husband's cousin; and it works with the other brother too! Only in Salem...and Alabama!

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
15 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

Ashley went crazy after her abortion and do not forget that Victor berated her for making that choice.  

I remember reading about this but I wasn't watching Y&R back then.

• Love 1

Degrassi TNG which aired in the US on The N had a major storyline where a character had an abortion. But Manny was 14, her parents were really conservative, and the father Craig (15 or 16) had a gf the entire time and was bipolar. So there was no back lash by her choice. 

I looked back at some of the storylines just summarizing in a convo about characters recently and the storylines were 20x more daring and whoa than the soaps geared to adults. Like people where getting raped, mugged, cutting, working full time jobs, the 🌈 having frontburner relationships and many love scenes, 2 suicides depicted vividly on screen 😖, realistic bi polar disorder depiction (Craig), realistic schizophrenia depictions, abuse. 

I’m digressing! I honestly only think this storyline is problematic since Lani has screeched and cried for damn near 4 years about having a baby or caring for babies or motherhood being revered above all else. Now she wants to abort? Now all the sudden she’s scared when she practically stole David to raise as her own and wasn’t afraid of SIDS or failing then? If her cuddle buddy psychopath friend Kristen knew she’d probably Hulk Smash one of the plywood set decorations in her back. 

• Love 8

Lani is so BORING. Apart from Haley never seen an actress this bland before

I hope her being preggers does not mean that Sarah can't be as well. Her and Bonehead Black pretending they are having a baby together could be good entertainment when Kristen returns. I'm hoping spoilers that Gabi and Xander start doing their own fake relationship is true too. That would also be entertaining. Lani monotoning her way through her baby drama is fasts forward material for sure

• Love 10
(edited)
35 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

If her cuddle buddy psychopath friend Kristen knew she’d probably Hulk Smash one of the plywood set decorations in her back. 

I love that you were shading Lani (deservedly) but also snuck in a better burn about the set! High five.

Fake relationships are so lame. What is this, High School?

But then again Ron struggles to write real relationships so...

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

I looked back at some of the storylines just summarizing in a convo about characters recently and the storylines were 20x more daring and whoa than the soaps geared to adults.

Well, of course, It Goes There™

4 hours ago, brisbydog said:

I'm hoping spoilers that Gabi and Xander start doing their own fake relationship is true too. That would also be entertaining.

Oh, I hope that's true. I love a fake relationship! 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

Degrassi TNG which aired in the US on The N had a major storyline where a character had an abortion. But Manny was 14, her parents were really conservative, and the father Craig (15 or 16) had a gf the entire time and was bipolar. So there was no back lash by her choice. 

Original Recipe Degrassi which aired in the 80s had an abortion storyline. The character went through with it,

On topic: the pretending you're with someone and having their baby storyline was done not that long ago with Nicole and Rafe. Do we really need to revisit a similar story so soon? (Answer: Ron)

• Love 3
1 hour ago, RunningMarket said:

Original Recipe Degrassi which aired in the 80s had an abortion storyline. The character went through with it,

On topic: the pretending you're with someone and having their baby storyline was done not that long ago with Nicole and Rafe. Do we really need to revisit a similar story so soon? (Answer: Ron)

Degrassi was also made in Canada and not the puritanical USA so they had more freedom to tackle controversial subjects with sensitivity and nuance without arousing the ire of some people. I loved the original Degrassi and it always aired on channel 13 in the states.. Channel 13 has always been very avant-garde and freer than the major networks at that time..

Reron is living up to his name on Days. We have had doppelgangers, women losing their minds via DID, creepy sexual encounters that is basically rape, baby switches, villains with face masks pretending to be another character, campy nonsensical stories.. 

• Love 3
12 hours ago, brisbydog said:

I'm hoping spoilers that Gabi and Xander start doing their own fake relationship is true too. That would also be entertaining.

I only want it if they REALLY appear to have fun with it.  I don't want any weepy apologies from either one.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

I only want it if they REALLY appear to have fun with it.  I don't want any weepy apologies from either one.

that is what I want too, especially for Xander. I want to see him have some fun. He has been stressed out for over a year covering up the baby swap and I'd like to see him be silly again

• Love 6
35 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Thirded! I'm over Gabi being so OTT crazy and PT is much better at playing Xander as more of a fun scoundrel, so I'm hoping to get a lighter Xander and Gabi out of it. I'm sure we won't but it's fun to imagine lol.

Remember him in bed with Leo after he pretended they had a hot gay night? That was hysterical "It was my first time and I'm hurt you don't remember". Xander and Gabi could be a hoot together especially if they both are in it just for messing with Jake and Sarah. Honestly I could go for Gabi and Xander for reals. They have a lot in common and they would not judge each other. 

• Love 8
36 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Thirded! I'm over Gabi being so OTT crazy and PT is much better at playing Xander as more of a fun scoundrel, so I'm hoping to get a lighter Xander and Gabi out of it. I'm sure we won't but it's fun to imagine lol.

1 minute ago, brisbydog said:

Remember him in bed with Leo after he pretended they had a hot gay night? That was hysterical "It was my first time and I'm hurt you don't remember". Xander and Gabi could be a hoot together especially if they both are in it just for messing with Jake and Sarah. Honestly I could go for Gabi and Xander for reals. They have a lot in common and they would not judge each other. 

I'm sure we, as viewers, could come up with MUCH better scenarios than the writers will.  It would be great if Xander figured out what Sarah and Brady were trying to do and really went for it.  Imagine how fun Xander and Gabi could be.  They could even flaunt their relationship in front of Julie, Lani and Eli - just to watch all of their sanctimonious heads collectively explode.

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
21 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

I Imagine how fun Xander and Gabi could be.  They could even flaunt their relationship in front of Julie, Lani and Eli - just to watch all of their sanctimonious heads collectively explode.

Lani would have to have human emotions in order to react to anything. I think she is a robot

My favourite pairing ever on a soap was Keith and Gina on Santa Barbara. They were both awful people who loved each other and didn't really care what the other characters thought of them

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

Hot Take: Claire and Ben had way more chemistry than CIN. 🤪

This is true; but I was most intrigued by the brief scenes that he had with MM's Abigail when she was hallucinating.  They had great chemistry; and I wish that we could've gotten more of that dynamic.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Lani would have to have human emotions in order to react to anything. I think she is a robot

My favourite pairing ever on a soap was Keith and Gina on Santa Barbara. They were both awful people who loved each other and didn't really care what the other characters thought of them

I adore Robin Mattson.

• Love 3
(edited)
18 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Where are people getting Xander/Gabi? All of the spoilers I have seen have Gabi stuck firmly in Not!Stefan's orbit and soon to be involved with some Gwen chick.

Spoiler - something like "Xander makes a new friend" and we're all just hoping it's Gabi.  It probably won't be but we were speculating how much fun they could have if it was.  Two characters who kind of get off on pushing certain people's buttons - and know they're never really going to be accepted - would be awesome if they teamed up.

Edited by DaphneCat
Clarity
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

Spoiler - something like "Xander makes a new friend" and we're all just hoping it's Gabi.  It probably won't be but we were speculating how much fun they could have if it was. 

Gotcha! Thanks! I was just genuinely confused.  🙂

• Love 3
9 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Gotcha! Thanks! I was just genuinely confused.  🙂

It was literally a tweet from the horses mouth, so to speak, Paul Telfer, who in the midst of the baby swap angst told us that "Xander makes a new friend". Unless he is lying to us the only option on the show is Gabi really. Everybody else has a justified grudge against him

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

Unless Xander befriends new crazy Gwen? I am just tired of Gabi's ranting and being so unlikeable.

Maybe he and Eric bond over their mutual judgement of Brady lolz. He could be best man at the wedding

• LOL 3
  • Love 1