Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

(edited)
2 hours ago, Harmony233 said:

Not that I really care but who's drugging Abigail?

Let's blame Julie.  It'll take the heat off the rest of us.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 12
  • Love 1
27 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

Chabbys entire return has been a massive FLOP. 

I don't even understand why there back and why do they get more airtime than say belle and Shawn when there brought back for story arcs 

• Love 5

Is it too late to start a Free Mickey campaign to keep her away from Kristen and Brady? She's a homicidal maniac and he is so stupid you wonder how he remembers to breathe. I'm surprised that she left the knife behind, most serial killers keep trophies from their kills. I would hazard a guess that there is a stethoscope from Hayley hidden in a drawer at her house.

In the article you can almost see the knots EM is twisting himself into in order to justify this latest plot twist. I would be interested in hearing his reactions when he first read the script although I imagine the language is NSFW.

• LOL 5
  • Love 5

Dear Brady,

Kristen deserves no happiness. None. Zip. Zero. Zilch. 

Signed,

99.9% of the viewing audience

I'm sure with top cops Eli and Lani on the case things will be cleared up in no time. #sarcasm

Edited by lb60
  • LOL 3
  • Love 12
46 minutes ago, howmanywords said:

Oh god that promo. Its so cliche that he is the one to help her when she faints but screw it! My Stabi heart is bursting lol

I was kinda over Stefan/Gabi by the end but boy did I love that promo. That's my type of shit! Now, let him actually be a new character and not just Stefan with amnesia and I'm good.

• Love 7

Just a thought . . . if Jake the mechanic is really a totally different character and maybe just a nice guy, maybe he won't like Gabi's manipulations and her smug attitude and she will really have to "change" to win over this guy. At one point she was more likable.

I just have no idea why they are trying to make Kristen work. She just doesn't and never will. I don't even think I would buy it if Eileen Davidson would be playing her.

And I love all the Chabby hate. I read that although Kate Mansi was just on reoccurring status, she signed a full contract last month. That does not make me happy. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I was kinda over Stefan/Gabi by the end but boy did I love that promo. That's my type of shit! Now, let him actually be a new character and not just Stefan with amnesia and I'm good.

He looks good and I like he’s a working class guy not some wannabe CEO or thug or unemployed loser. Maybe they’ll be a miracle and he’ll have some working class common sense as well. 

Maybe Failure has a brain tumor? If Vivian is drugging or poisoned Abby why wouldn’t she do the same to Lani, who I’d imagine she’d have more a grudge against? I hope both Abby and Lani die 😂 

There’s no reason Abby has just been given a contract but Will and Sonny we’re fired. Show is so tone death to fan feed back and storyline potential. 

• Love 8

Even though I liked Chabby once upon a time I do agree their return storywise has been rather meh but I do like they actually are dealing with their problems together for a change.

They were brought back for Jennifer's coma and they have do have a fanbase considering Days needs all the viewers they can muster from a business standpoint I get it.

That being said unless you have a direction for any of these characters don't bother bringing anyone back and do nothing with them.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Retired at last said:

Just a thought . . . if Jake the mechanic is really a totally different character and maybe just a nice guy, maybe he won't like Gabi's manipulations and her smug attitude and she will really have to "change" to win over this guy. At one point she was more likable.

I just have no idea why they are trying to make Kristen work. She just doesn't and never will. I don't even think I would buy it if Eileen Davidson would be playing her.

And I love all the Chabby hate. I read that although Kate Mansi was just on reoccurring status, she signed a full contract last month. That does not make me happy. 

You and me both.  I hate that evil Abigail and her pretending to be goody two shoes when she is not.

• Love 5

Completely over StefaNO and the idiot who forgave him yet still holds a grudge with his other victim who had no control over her actions.

Hopefully this mechanic or whatever he is is just a lookalike.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, cmahorror said:

In the article you can almost see the knots EM is twisting himself into in order to justify this latest plot twist. I would be interested in hearing his reactions when he first read the script although I imagine the language is NSFW.

I like to imagine that there's a restaurant or bar they hang out at after filming and laugh about the absurdity of the writing.  This time spent together allows them to bond, and these friendships are the main reason they're able to work on the show and keep their sanity.  

34 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

No one has thought to do an actual DNA test to determine who belongs to who?

The baby that Sarah took to Paris is a DNA match for Brady/Kristin.  

I'll be surprised if Jake isn't Stefan's long-lost-secret twin brother, that way he gets to be a DiMera somewhere down the line.  They don't like to introduce characters who aren't connected to someone already on the Show.  

• Love 7

From soaps.com:

Monday May 4:
Believing he’s really Stefan, Gabi accuses Jake of lying about his identity.
Abigail has another hallucination.

Tuesday May 5:
Xander breaks devastating news to Maggie.

Wednesday May 6:
Zoey tries to intimidate Sonny as he prepares to testify at Evan’s trial.

Thursday May 7:
Ben finds himself in a dangerous situation.

Friday May 8:
Lani explains to a furious Eli why she helped Kristen escape.

We'll see if DR releases anything tonight, but it might not be until tomorrow. We'll see........

• Love 4
(edited)

It's hard to believe that once upon a time, Chad was one of my favorite characters.  He's become almost as insufferable as Abigail.

Maybe she could hallucinate being a decent human being for once.  Nah, that's just too unrealistic.

Edited by boes
Speeling
  • LOL 4
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, enchantingmonkey said:

I'll be surprised if Jake isn't Stefan's long-lost-secret twin brother, that way he gets to be a DiMera somewhere down the line.  They don't like to introduce characters who aren't connected to someone already on the Show.  

Oh yeah, like 90% of the time a soap introduces a dead character's lookalike it turns out to be their long lost twin. By next year (if the show resumes filming), Jake The Mechanic will be wearing a suit & tie and working at DiMera Enterprises while Gabi pushes him to fight for his "right" to the family fortune.

2 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

So. Zoey has Mickey, and apparently Orpheus and Christian stole her and gave her to Zoey after Zoey's baby died on the same night as Mickey and Rachel were born.  Apparently.

JFC, if true, this is getting beyond ridiculous. If Zoey becomes a fan favorite will they introduce a 4th mother & baby who were also at the hospital that fateful night so that Zoey's baby can be miraculously alive and returned to her too? This story had promise but now I just want it all to end and for Sarah and Xander to move on with their lives. 

10 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

Chabbys entire return has been a massive FLOP. 

This is the first time I've seen them onscreen and I find them so damn dull. I wanted to like them because Abigail is Jack & Jennifer's daughter and they were my favorite super couple back in the day. But Chad & Abby don't do anything but sit around and talk about their kids, family, or business. Where's the romance, the fun, the chemistry?? They don't make super couples the way they used to, I guess.

• Love 5
13 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

So. Zoey has Mickey, and apparently Orpheus and Christian stole her and gave her to Zoey after Zoey's baby died on the same night as Mickey and Rachel were born.  Apparently.

I knew it! I called that earlier this week. It will be Ron's version of ironic considering she is trying to take David away from Rafe, the man that raised him, and return him to his birth father. Now she, the woman who raised the child, will have to give up her daughter to the birth parents.

Edited by cmahorror
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, cmahorror said:

I knew it! I called that earlier this week. It will be Ron's version of ironic considering she is trying to David away from Rafe, the man that raised him, and return him to his birth father. Now she, the woman who raised the child, will have to give up her daughter to the birth parents.

I am okay with this if it means Mickey is alive, and Maggie didn't kill her granddaughter.  Otherwise this story was too dark and painful.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
17 hours ago, QueenSerena said:

I don’t care.  I really, really, really, really don’t care.  I can say that about a lot of the show right now, but this mess...

It’s full of characters I don’t care for.  I’ve never liked Gabi.  Stefan shouldn’t have even been created and the serial killer can fall off the earth and take his idiot girlfriend with him.  I just do not care.

This show is just not interesting to me right now.

• Love 7

I totally agree about Kristen not being allowed anywhere near a child. I wonder if Abby's hallucinations are going to lead to some time off getting "help" sInce they originally thought she didn't want to be on full-time? And now that she has signed a contract (WHY???), they can bring her back once they start shooting again?

Lani needs to be charged with a crime in aiding and abetting a criminal if she lets Kristen go free and helps her find Sarah. Lani also needs serious therapy if all anyone has to do is mention losing a baby and she will break laws to help them. Let her go work in the pub since she has no business on a police force.

• Love 7
10 hours ago, bunnyblue said:

This is the first time I've seen them onscreen and I find them so damn dull. I wanted to like them because Abigail is Jack & Jennifer's daughter and they were my favorite super couple back in the day. But Chad & Abby don't do anything but sit around and talk about their kids, family, or business. Where's the romance, the fun, the chemistry?? They don't make super couples the way they used to, I guess.

The best version of Chabby was from 2014-2016 they had a slow burn and a more interesting story to go with it. Plus Psycho Ben. 

Its on YT I would recommend watching that personally. That being said romance/fun/chemistry for soap couples died in the 90s. Soaps don't write relationships and romance anymore just hookups and once in a while by dumb luck they manage to get a hit pairing out of it.

• Love 3

Times like these I'm glad my faves are either on the backburner or off the show. 

Just now, Frozendiva said:

Too bad the writers probably won’t have Gabi turn this Jake lookalike to Stefan and she can get DiMera back.

I actually could see that and in a "twist" turns out he really is Stefan.

• Love 4

From DR - as was the case last week (and as indicated by the other set of spoilers), the show does air on May 4th, they just chose not to release any spoilers for that day:

Tuesday, May 5, 2020
Nicole sets up a special day for Eric, who's still reeling over the loss of his daughter.

Wednesday, May 6, 2020
Maggie slaps Xander as Sarah opens up to Rex about Maggie's role in Mackenzie's death.
Lani helps Kristen track down Sarah's location.

Thursday, May 7, 2020
Gabi kisses Jake!
Marlena questions Kayla about her feelings for Steve.

Friday, May 8, 2020
Ciara tends to an injured Ben.

4 hours ago, superdeluxe said:

I don’t care.  I really, really, really, really don’t care.  I can say that about a lot of the show right now, but this mess...

It’s full of characters I don’t care for.  I’ve never liked Gabi.  Stefan shouldn’t have even been created and the serial killer can fall off the earth and take his idiot girlfriend with him.  I just do not care.

This show is just not interesting to me right now.

Wish I could like this more than once, lol, hard same. 🤝

• Love 4
On 4/24/2020 at 8:00 PM, Retired at last said:

I read that although Kate Mansi was just on reoccurring status, she signed a full contract last month. That does not make me happy. 

Oh I'm sorry, Retired, but this makes me happy. At least if they give them more to do than be insufferable, which I admit they kind of are lately. As CanaryFan put it:

On 4/25/2020 at 12:09 PM, CanaryFan98 said:

The best version of Chabby was from 2014-2016 they had a slow burn and a more interesting story to go with it.

I'm intrigued by Jake/Stefan -- hope this is as promising as it sounds. It'll be fun to see Gabi do something more than (as someone awesome here said) flare her nostrils and huff and puff. A little romantic tension is just what the doctor ordered while we suffer through Kristen being a lunatic, Brady propping her up, and Ciara/Ben doing whatever the hell it is they're doing. Here also for the Kayla/Patch redux, too, of course. And if Chabby are around more, hopefully Jack and Jenn will have more to do than be Tom and Alice Horton -- hell, even Julie gets more actual plot than they do. 

• Love 4

Ugh Lani helping Kristen. I just can't fathom anybody wanting this psycho near that baby

So Paul Telfer said Xander would make an unlikely friend soon; I am thinking since everybody currently in Salem hates him it has to be Zoey, and that would put him in the orbit of her kid. Want to bet she has some birthmark that Xander noticed when delivering Real Mackenzie? If Xander returns the real baby to Sarah maybe she could get over her little tiff with him? Lol

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
On 4/25/2020 at 11:29 AM, Retired at last said:

And now that she has signed a contract (WHY???), they can bring her back once they start shooting again?

Wait, someone just told me they saw a commercial with Abigail in it for some other TV series or movie or something. I thought Mansi was finally leaving the show for good...!!

Eileen definitely couldn't have pulled any of these stories off. It's why I'm so glad she isn't playing the character anymore.

The character pretty much nearly jumped the shark when she raped Eric, then a year later they almost made up for it by having her save John's life, exposing Theresa....but then they had to go and have her snuggle up to Daniel, whom earlier she tried to stab with a box cutter. That was beyond stupid. And then of course she stole Theresa's fertilized embryo, and it all just became cartoonish. I kind of liked how they wrapped things up in Italy, though it was way too fast, and at that point it just seemed clear that, as Eileen had always said, if Kristen kept coming back around they were going to do increasingly ridiculous things with her (I'm paraphrasing here, but she has basically said that in interviews more than once.) A little goes a long way. Ron doesn't get that. That's why Kristen has been a constant yo-yo since she came back for John and Marlena's wedding. To his credit, he's kept her in Brady's orbit, and that makes sense given their history, but the combination of the plotting and the acting have completely turned me off. You can't try to make the audience feel sorry for someone and then have them turn around and stab someone else for no logical reason. You can't just go back and forth like that!

Ron likes to use his villains like a shiny object and wave them in front of the audience to make it seem like interesting things are happening when in fact they usually aren't. The Nicole Mask story was stupid, the nun story was stupid, and the pregnancy story was stupid. I'd rather Kristen wasn't on the show anymore, but Ron refuses to let her go and in her absence, regain some of her dignity.

Whoever posted that idea about Gabi having to prove her worth to Jake and redeem herself was right on the money. They've done to Gabi what they did to Theresa, which is take her way too far off in the other direction and now she needs an excuse to be a good person again. At least Theresa tried to be a better person for her child. Gabi seems oblivious to Ari's existence except when she's trying to get out of going to jail. And while I would hate to see her begging Stefan for a chance to prove she's as good as he is (puke!) it would certainly be better than the two of them getting roped back into more business-related arguments.

I hope the scenes of Nicole giving Eric a special day are fun. I want to see those two happy for a change.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Wait, someone just told me they saw a commercial with Abigail in it for some other TV series or movie or something. I thought Mansi was finally leaving the show for good...!!

Marci Miller has a TV movie on Lifetime.

Regardless I know KM was taking a leave for her wedding which has now been postponed due to COVID-19

• Love 3

Marci Miller was the only time I’ve EVER saw Abby as palatable and fragile. I have always hated Abigail but her take had me understand her more and was nuanced. The  MM version I found interesting.  

Not that it matters but she looked more like the child of Jack and Jen too and an Irish Horton: I also bought her as more of a foil or obsession of Stefan and rival vs Chloe and Gabi from her acting choices and looks. 

• Love 8

I don't recall this when did she say this. I also don't get why young actresses want to work with Woody Allen but that's another post entirely...

I didn't care for MM's version of Abby way too flat for my taste. I did think she had decent sibling chem with Casey Moss though that seemed to be the only relationship I enjoyed. However Abby was still self absorbed and thoughtless(although compared to Ciara these days not so much). I think Abby was ill conceived since her teen years. The show aged her then de-aged her at one point and didn't commit to a direction with her(its worse for JJ tbh). It also didn't help that they domesticated her way too soon with Chad and vice versa they shouldn't be stuck with two kids already.  They domesticate the young characters way too soon and this show writes the older characters as teenagers/young people. 

I mean at least Carrie/Austin had years of angst before they had their first kid. Shawn/Belle only had one and Eric still has none yet I never understood giving Chad/Abby two.

Thomas was fine because it involved psycho Ben but Charlotte was totally unnecessary and a terrible reminder of the DID storyline. 

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I am pretty sure that I read that while she was on contract, she is exiting in June, so only two months of Abigail and whatever mental issues that she will have now.

• Love 1

I think MM brought a lot of humanity back into the role, but she was ultimately fighting against the character, who has been a mess for years. I'm sure she was glad to leave the part behind. She had some truly cringey plots to push through.

I would love an Ericole wedding but I don't want Ron writing it. His "romantic" scripts come off as generic mush. You don't feel like the characters are talking as much as having words shoved in their mouths.

Abe and Kate are such a hard, hard pass. Stop just pairing up whichever vets have no current storylines. Hope/Steve and Kayla/Justin and Abe/Kate? Ugh. No thanks.

I'm looking forward to Louise Sorel's return because I'm reasonably certain Ron will give her some great bitchy lines. Who knows how bad her actual story will be...but hopefully there will be zingers.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

Abe and Kate are such a hard, hard pass. Stop just pairing up whichever vets have no current storylines. Hope/Steve and Kayla/Justin and Abe/Kate? Ugh. No thanks.

THANK YOU! None of these interest me. Not one.

• Love 4

I like Abe with Sheila or single. I like Kate with Roman or Justin.  Justin would be even better with Eve. I don’t like Eric or Nicole and don’t like Ericole together but glad they’re together so they’re away from others. 

• Love 7

I really wish I could enjoy the scenes of Hope and Steve sharing in their feelings of mutual shame, but now that I know it's all about working them towards banging each other....I'm grossed out. They're maneuvering Hope from stealing Marlena's husband to stealing Kayla's. I just wish she was off the show at this point if this is all they're going to do with her. I would think she would focus on Ciarra and the serial killer, but no.

...I don't really want Abe with anybody on the show right now, and even though I like Valerie I'm not 100% convinced she's the right woman for him. But if they were going to smoosh two vets together....you would think it would be a Abe and Hope, who at least both worked in the police station for decades now.  (NOT THAT I WANT THAT. I DON'T.)

• Love 2
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

I really wish I could enjoy the scenes of Hope and Steve sharing in their feelings of mutual shame, but now that I know it's all about working them towards banging each other....I'm grossed out.

Ugh, really, they're doing this? I thought it was speculation, if good spec. UGH. 

2 hours ago, Lastwaltz said:

Ugh, really, they're doing this? I thought it was speculation, if good spec. UGH. 

I'm pretty sure it's still spec but even the spoiler overviews for the upcoming weeks alluded to the show potentially going there.

It looks like they're setting up a quad with Jason/Kayla/Steve/Hope and maybe they'll swing around to Steve/Kayla and Hope/Justin.

• Love 4