Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

On 8/29/2019 at 4:47 PM, QueenSerena said:

Well, this is apparently a preview (that should air next week) of Robin Strasser as Vivian and giiiiiiiiiiirrrrrrrrrrllllllllll that wig. 👀

After the show ruined Jack's return and conveniently still had Steve off canvass (and my beloved Kayla in no storyline limbo). I promised not to return until Steve and Jack were reunited, or the show was just outright cancelled . However, seeing Robin Strasser has made me change my mind. I'm back in and will try to only comment on things I like on the show (of course, this might mean I post once a month, but hopefully this will not be the case).

• Love 3
On 8/30/2019 at 7:54 PM, CanaryFan98 said:

Days does a good promo but the end product tends to be a disappointment. If they wanted Julie to have someone's heart they should've just killed Tripp off. It would give Kayla some material, facilitate Steve's return and lead to the possibility of a vengeful Ava BFTD making Stayla, JJ/Haley, Julie etc suffer 

That being said it sounds like I'm getting more JJ/Jack scenes before he leaves the only good JJ related spoilers these days. I hope he gets a haircut at some point.

Let me get this straight,

1) JJ is leaving now that Jack has pulled his head out of Eve's asscrack?

2) The insufferable Lani is still a thing and she is marrying super hot Eli (who was more interesting without the Lanitross around his neck).

3) My guess on the thing never been seen on daytime before -- a well-crafted, interesting and good from beginning to end storyline from Ron C.

• LOL 9
  • Love 2

I'm happy to see Claire.  Do we know how long she's back for?

The J&J scenes look good but I kind of hate that it's probably going to simply be Jack getting her memory back and they reunite.  Part of what I looked forward to was potentially having them fall in love before he gets his memory back.

They spoiled so much that I'm surprised they didn't spoil Steve.

• Love 4

Hope wonders if she will ever find love again? Gimme a break. Spend some time single. She has had quite a few men in her life - more than a lot,of women have. Focus on yourself, your children and grandchildren. Doubt she spent more then a few hours with Claire in the past year.

• Love 12
11 hours ago, cmahorror said:

They had better not do a time jump. BTW, that is how Guiding Light ended, with a time jump. Just saying...

That was also how The OC, Felicity, and Lost ended. 

The OCs actually made sense since the previous cliffhanger had everyone leaving for college and a leads violent death while they were departing. So when they returned it showed how everyone was after coping or not coping and their estranged places. It was more significant w the time passed (if that makes sense). 

• Useful 1
3 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I'm happy to see Claire.  Do we know how long she's back for?

I'm thinking she's back for the Halloween episode, which has been a standalone under Ron. There were a number of things I'm betting were just for that episode - the hand (Kate's) rising out of the grave, Jordan and Claire, Xander in the wig, then I think Jordan and Rafe kissing since she was still in the skimpy nurse's outfit. And I don't think Steve shows up until November, which is a little later than this preview covers. I'm not sure if there will be another extended preview before November, but he might show up in the Day of Days extended promo.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Whose is the hand coming out of the grave?

How I wish the Gina stuff was just another Halloween thing...

Gina was only fun when they had the budget for big sets and lavish balls and fancy costumes. Brainwashing on a budget? No thank you.

And with Stefano, Bo and SeanD all gone.... what's the point of bringing her back?

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Whose is the hand coming out of the grave?

Since not even in Salem could anyone be so incompetent to bury someone without a coffin, I imagine it is part of the annual Halloween episode that they been having since Ron started.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
14 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

How I wish the Gina stuff was just another Halloween thing...

Gina was only fun when they had the budget for big sets and lavish balls and fancy costumes. Brainwashing on a budget? No thank you.

And with Stefano, Bo and SeanD all gone.... what's the point of bringing her back?

Are there any spoilers that indicate Gina is back for a longer return? I agree the character is of little relevance to the current show. Perhaps she is also only back for Halloween. I sure do hope so. That accent is definitely the stuff of nightmares.

Edited by BoldDays
  • Love 4
On ‎8‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 8:05 PM, Happytobehere said:

Let me get this straight,

1) JJ is leaving now that Jack has pulled his head out of Eve's asscrack?

2) The insufferable Lani is still a thing and she is marrying super hot Eli (who was more interesting without the Lanitross around his neck).

3) My guess on the thing never been seen on daytime before -- a well-crafted, interesting and good from beginning to end storyline from Ron C.

1) Yes the show let Casey Moss(JJ) and Thia Megia(Haley) go they'll air till February

2) Yep and if I cared more for Eli I would feel bad for him as I think he can do a lot better than her.

3) Yep to all of this.

I don't know if a time jump will make things better or worse I do know if its really bad and Days gets renewed this can be undone at least. If it gets cancelled....

23 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Hope wonders if she will ever find love again? Gimme a break. Spend some time single. She has had quite a few men in her life - more than a lot,of women have. Focus on yourself, your children and grandchildren. Doubt she spent more then a few hours with Claire in the past year.

That's what they did with Jennifer and it worked for her however for most characters unless you're in a pairing you don't get storylines/airtime. Look at Kayla.

• Love 2

They could have kept JJ and gotten rid of Haley 😞

i feel like Kristian Alfonso’s acting has gotten worse so not looking forward to Princess Gina’s return. Also for the love of God are Ron or Corday capable of NOT having a crazy bitch front burner and doing back from the dead storylines??? giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c897055045653061f7d5ba

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

I like the idea of a time jump. I’ve seen people say it’s going to be a year so there will be changes but it’s not as drastic as 5 years like AMC online did. 

It speeds up Sarah’s pregnancy and Gabi’s grieving (if Stefan is gone). If she’s already moved on which is likely it won’t be “too fast.” Also Sarah’s baby will be a couple months old, perfect age for a sickness and needing blood. Soap staple even with a time jump. 

We will see how it works out but I’m optimistic it can work. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

But if they already did a time jump on GL then that's hardly 'a twist never before seen on daytime.' Although, the promo could just be lying lol.

Kind of like when they said we would be shocked at Ben being the necktie killer lol 😂 

who is the little girl walking in the promo?

maybe the twist is Sami returns and doesn’t once mention EJ or 

Eric is happy for a whole week 

Marlena actually gives good advice 

Lani has a good hair day 

Ciara gets a friend 

Sarah doesn’t lie about baby  

Roman has a date 

Edited by tribeca
  • LOL 9
  • Love 4

Days is clearly on its last leg but was GL already announced as canceled when they did it? I did not watch Guiding Light. 

I don’t know anything but a lot of soap connected people have confirmed it. I guess now that it’s leaked, the powers to be won’t be happy. Only a little  can probably be changed though because of the 8 months ahead taping schedule. 

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, tribeca said:

Kind of like when they said we would be shocked at Ben being the necktie killer lol 😂 

maybe the twist is Sam returns and doesn’t once mention EJ or 

Lani has a good hair day 

Ciara gets a friend 

Roman has a date 

Hahahahahaha!!! 

Pretty much anything from your wonderfully funny list would be a first!  Though I think Eric is happy for a whole week or Lani has a good hair day might stretch possibility too far....

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, tribeca said:

maybe the twist is Sami returns and doesn’t once mention EJ or 

Lani has a good hair day 

Ciara gets a friend 

Roman has a date 

John actually remembers Brady's name and doesn't refer to him as kid.

Julie talks in a voice below 120 Db's 

Victor says something respectful about a woman who isn't Maggie.

Marlena goes an entire year without being in a coma/shot/or somehow almost dead.

Nicole comes back and goes a week without weeping.

Rafe gets a brain.

The possibilities of them doing something they never have before are endless.

• LOL 12
  • Love 3

Holly 🙂

I won't lie, I'm intrigued and a bit concerned about this time jump. It's apparently not going to happen until November sweeps, so there's time to prepare and maybe find out more, but I hope they have a plan in place if the reception to it isn't great. When they jump ahead, will they tell the story of how they got there backwards (meaning the story doesn't really advance forward beyond November 2020 the entire time)? Or maybe continue to tell the story moving forward and go backward a bit with flashbacks at the same time? Will it turn out to be a dream at some point, and then everything goes back to the existing timeline?

I guess my biggest concern is that if things are shaken up too much by the jump, and there's no end in sight for fans of certain pairings or individuals, will too many viewers peace out? Admittedly, I might be one of those viewers if it's too out there. 😬 Additionally, there are child actors that might not be able to appear anymore. They're not particularly great, but it's still nice to see the kids from time to time...

Edit - and it apparently might not be a jump of a full year? I dunno, this is one of those deals where I want to know everything because it could be awesome or a total disaster.

Edited by QueenSerena
  • Love 3

The only kids affected would be Holly and Ari, really.

I kind of wish Corday had mandated the jump forward in time to skip over Ron's crappy stories. But Ron will be writing this stuff so who knows what we're going to end up with.

I say "crappy" but Ron has done a lot of good things. He keeps the energy of the show up, has all the characters interacting with each other and acknowledging history, he brought back Will, has some fun with humour and campy characters, and seems to respect certain couples like John and Marlena and Nicole and Eric. Dena was far worse.

...but the show is overly plotted and Ron recycles his ideas constantly.

• Love 9
18 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

I kind of wish Corday had mandated the jump forward in time to skip over Ron's crappy stories. But Ron will be writing this stuff so who knows what we're going to end up with.

I say "crappy" but Ron has done a lot of good things. He keeps the energy of the show up, has all the characters interacting with each other and acknowledging history, he brought back Will, has some fun with humour and campy characters, and seems to respect certain couples like John and Marlena and Nicole and Eric. Dena was far worse.

...but the show is overly plotted and Ron recycles his ideas constantly.

All of this right here. I'm forever grateful to Ron for correcting the atrocity that was Will's death, but I've been done with his writing for a while now. There are things outside of his control, sure, I just can't bring myself to get excited about anything he writes anymore. Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

• Love 5

Is the rumour just that they're jumping one year into the future? That wouldn't put Julie and Doug into their hundreds.

...it would, however, speed up the process of everyone in Salem accepting and falling in love with Ben. I suspect that's why we're getting to see Victor choke the life out of him now, just to push through the last of the objections before we leap forward into a happier time, a golden age where all serial killers are revered and adored *eyeroll*

• Love 6
51 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Is the rumour just that they're jumping one year into the future? That wouldn't put Julie and Doug into their hundreds.

But how would Doug Julie by affected?  They would be in their 100.  

Age-wise, I guess, but when it comes to I.Q., Julie would still be in single digits.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 4
18 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

They could have kept JJ and gotten rid of Haley 😞

LOL at you thinking this show cares about JJ they don't.  Plus they only cast Haley to be with JJ in the first place as forced as it is much easier to write both of them out than keeping a character they don't care for. He's the spare J&J spawn. If they could've gotten Abby to stick around on a regular basis they would've dumped him a long time ago. They don't see Casey Moss as leading man material either. With Chad coming back full time and Abby on recurring basis so KM can have outs to do Lifetime movies there's no need for JJ anymore Jack/Jennifer have Abby. The child they truly care for. 

This works to my benefit less damage this way they already ruined JJ when they turned him into the emasculated nice guy loser he is today and hopefully Casey can find a better gig elsewhere here's hoping. 

5 hours ago, Bwill3133 said:

Days is clearly on its last leg but was GL already announced as canceled when they did it? I did not watch Guiding Light. 

I don’t know anything but a lot of soap connected people have confirmed it. I guess now that it’s leaked, the powers to be won’t be happy. Only a little  can probably be changed though because of the 8 months ahead taping schedule. 

GL announced cancellation in April 2009 went off the air in September they were filming months in advance at that point themselves. I didn't know about GL till September(the time jump).

Edited by CanaryFan98

Based on Kate's perfectly manicured nails today, I'm guessing she's the one who was buried in the dirt in the teaser.

And speaking of Kate, I know we're lucky to be getting Lucas back for her hospital scenes but boy would it have been nice to see Billie. I don't even particularly care about the character, but Lisa Rinna doesn't seem to pop up on the show very often or with much significance. She was around when John was poisoning Patch (but only had like two scenes with her family) and before then she popped by when Kristen was first seducing Brady in 2012. They're very irregular sightings, and yet I feel like Billie was one of Kate's closer relationships, as her only daughter (wait, is Cassie of the Gemini Twins Kate's daughter too?)

I mean hey, Philip and Austin should be there too if Kate is dying...but they've seemed more "useful" to the show overall and had longer stints in the last decade. It's like unless Lisa has a friend asking for her (Eileen perhaps?) Corday doesn't remember the character exists...

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 3

I'm still a bit dubious about this time jump theory. Where did the rumor come from? I can't get my head around why they'd do that -- but I guess that doesn't matter anyway, lol. 

Is the rumor from a reliable source? I think I need receipts or I won't believe it, lol.

Edited by Lastwaltz
Just more to add.
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, Lastwaltz said:

I'm still a bit dubious about this time jump theory. Where did the rumor come from? I can't get my head around why they'd do that -- but I guess that doesn't matter anyway, lol. 

Is the rumor from a reliable source? I think I need receipts or I won't believe it, lol.

Yeah from the people who predicted a lot of other things that happened on the show and it makes sense given how Days tapes far in advance as is.

• Love 1

I don't mind time jumps in other series but as someone posted here the other day, that's kind of the antithesis of what soaps are about.  The real time pace allows soaps to develop characters and plots in ways weekly shows can't.

• Love 4
41 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

I don't mind time jumps in other series but as someone posted here the other day, that's kind of the antithesis of what soaps are about.  The real time pace allows soaps to develop characters and plots in ways weekly shows can't.

Exactly. They can make sense when a series is ending as a way of closure, but assuming (and hoping) that’s not the intent here, it seems odd. It kinda says to me “we think the stories are crap so this is a hard reboot”.

The only way I could see this working is if we jump forward and then find out about the missing year(s), or parts of them, like an unraveling mystery. I guess that has the potential to be interesting and does give flexibility to the writers to retcon more stories down the track, as we didn’t actually see them. But Days already retcons too much for my liking (especially with back from the dead’s) so I’d be concerned to trust any story sticking.

That does pose the question though - if we didn’t see it, is it really a retcon?!? I’m confused! 😳

• Love 3

I actually welcome the idea of a time jump. And because they screwed with Ben's character, I'd like to see a Dallas-type reboot prior. This way all the "dead people" really never died (along with some of the more ridiculous storylines) and we get back to what made this show so popular in the first place.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Yeah from the people who predicted a lot of other things that happened on the show and it makes sense given how Days tapes far in advance as is.

“The people who predicted a lot of things” who? Jason47?

If he’s says it we know it’s based in reality or actual intel. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 2

Rumor has it they're going with a Lani/Eli/Gabi story. I have to admit that I wouldn't hate it.  I could see Gabi going after Eli as payback for what Lani did to her. LOL. Sal and Camilla have great chemistry as rivals.

• Love 4

Gabi and Eli would be physically attractive together and could possibly have an opposites attract zany bantering romance. Lani as a character and her wig have never worked for me and Elani is Snoresville. 

For those who didn’t get my reference above Jason47 is probably the worlds biggest Days historian and often has casting and productions leaks or back stage intel. Kinda like Matt Hanvey being the foremost Bold & Beautiful expert and insider (though he rarely leaks juicy stuff. He’s become real life close friends with KKL/Brooke now so that makes him more cautious I’d guess. It’s cute btw the lead of the soap of 30 years has baked and hand delivered a birthday cake to the shows biggest super fan). 

This twist teased as “SoMeThInG nEvEr dOnE oN DaYtImE” like what dude? I’m not intrigued but wary. What if it’s a time jump but back? This show needs a hard resent can’t deny it, but not w lazy ass Ron and Corday at the helm that’s for damn sure. I think they will make it’s something like more web based content or you’ll need an app to see the cliff hangers or understand some of the story or some shit. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 6

Eli and Gabi would be better than a rehash of Chad and Gabi assuming they get any kind of writing and the focus doesn't become Lani vs. Gabi more than Eli's relationship with either of the women as so often happens with Ron.

I will admit, the thought did occur to me since I felt that Lani being the one to attack Gabi today felt random.

• Love 10

Chad was completely ruined in his Abby Gabi triangle. The actor is quite attractive and charismatic but phoned it in and personality was dulled. Abby is the kryptonite to male leads. She ruined EJ and Ben and now Austin too. It’s like Sub Zero in Mortal Kombat when they suck the life force out of the partner. 

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

Gabi and Eli would be physically attractive together and could possibly have an opposites attract zany bantering romance. Lani as a character and her wig have never worked for me and Elani is Snoresville

I enjoy Stabi but with BB gone this could be interesting. I quite liked Gabi and Eli their first go round - and Eli as a character has improved a lot since then. IMO, he’s wasted on Lani.

3 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

Eli and Gabi would be better than a rehash of Chad and Gabi assuming they get any kind of writing and the focus doesn't become Lani vs. Gabi more than Eli's relationship with either of the women as so often happens with Ron.

I will admit, the thought did occur to me since I felt that Lani being the one to attack Gabi today felt random.

Yeah - once Abigail came back from the dead in that ridiculous floppy hat, I hated that triangle. Abigail sucked the life out of it, and BF’s acting. So I really hope Gabi isn’t put back into a Chabby triangle. 

Given Gabi is not the Horton’s most favorite person, at least with Eli they’d have a storyline to work with. I like Eli, but there is no story with Lani - she is about as interesting as Sarah’s 84-millionth conversation about Eric 😫 And a Gabi/Eli relationship would piss off Julie, Abigail and Lani. I think I love it already!

Edited by BoldDays
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5

For the week of the 16th:

"Nicole and Eric make love; Jordan returns to Salem; Jennifer is held against her will; Lucas returns to upsetting news about Kate’s condition"

https://tvsourcemagazine.com/2019/09/days-of-our-lives-spoilers-september-9-13-2019/

And according to one of the articles this week, Vivian really does bury Kate alive next week. Like for realsies, that hand rising out of the grave in the fall preview might have been for real (unless they repeat it during the Halloween episode for some reason). 😲

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, QueenSerena said:

And according to one of the articles this week, Vivian really does bury Kate alive next week. Like for realsies, that hand rising out of the grave in the fall preview might have been for real (unless they repeat it during the Halloween episode for some reason).

Oh come on Ron - come up with your own stuff.

• Love 5
56 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Jason47 just confirmed that there will be a time jump of several months.

He seemed to indicate in his facebook comments that Friday, November 8th is a likely date for it to happen. That's conveniently the day before Day of Days, where the November-December preview occurs.

It's not so much the time jump that concerns me, it's more about how confusing/jarring it might be for the general audience (especially anyone who doesn't read spoilers), the casual audience, and then what Ron is going to do for everyone's storylines. I'll take a wait and see approach, but I dunno....................like I said before, I hope they have an escape hatch in the event it isn't well-received. 😬

• Love 4
1 hour ago, QueenSerena said:

He seemed to indicate in his facebook comments that Friday, November 8th is a likely date for it to happen. That's conveniently the day before Day of Days, where the November-December preview occurs.

It's also the date of the show's 54th Anniversary. (The show debuted on November 8, 1965. I recall, when Soapnet existed, it once showed the first episode on its anniversary years ago.)

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, QueenSerena said:

It's not so much the time jump that concerns me, it's more about how confusing/jarring it might be for the general audience (especially anyone who doesn't read spoilers), the casual audience, and then what Ron is going to do for everyone's storylines. I'll take a wait and see approach, but I dunno....................like I said before, I hope they have an escape hatch in the event it isn't well-received. 😬

Given the tape-ahead schedule even if they do have an escape hatch, it would be a year before they could fix it, right? Given we are 8-9 months ahead and they’d need a few months to see reaction... so here’s hoping it’s good! 🤞😳

• Love 2
55 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

That is so beyond stupid lol. I mean, if you're gonna do a time jump you might as well go all in and make it at least a year. 

Yeah I mean I think GL did a year later and OTH etc did a few years afterwards.

20 hours ago, Sidney said:

Rumor has it they're going with a Lani/Eli/Gabi story. I have to admit that I wouldn't hate it.  I could see Gabi going after Eli as payback for what Lani did to her. LOL. Sal and Camilla have great chemistry as rivals.

I rather see Gabi go after Eli than Chad for the 344546th time. It would give Eli/Lani a story and makes more sense to me to see a woman chase after Eli than Chad. Plus JJ will have nothing to do with them this time around which makes it even better for me.

• Love 3