Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

On 7/16/2019 at 12:29 PM, QueenSerena said:

Honestly, I just want a soapy surrogacy story for Will & Sonny before the show gets canceled, and another DID disaster would be so far from what I'd expect for them to have to go through.

A surrogacy story would be great.  The co-parent Ariana, but I could see Sonny wanting to have a biological child of his own.

• Love 3

I've thought this on other soaps in other stories, but a surrogacy story would also be a good way to introduce a new character.  No convoluted backstory or connections we've never heard of, just someone who agrees to do the surrogacy  and then meets some other people in the couple's orbit and it builds from there.

• Love 8

SOD Spoilers for the week of July 22nd

Kate conks Sarah over the head
Marlena and Roman are at odds
Gabi shares disappointing news with Stefan
Brady pressures Xander
Rex and Sarah decide to move out of Eric's apartment
Jennifer asks Dr. Shah out on a date
Eve administers the serum to Jack
Rex witnesses a close moment between Eric and Sarah
"Nicole" shares a plan with Brady
Xander brings Eve the REAL serum
JJ breaks Jack's confidence
Jack and Eve have a major blowout
Stefan and Gabi face a problem together
Gabi swipes Xander's briefcase
Ciara catches Ted and Hope kissing
Ben faces off with Rafe

• Love 4

This is for next week:

67178058_2369084223128288_37364213161446

They had me and then kind of lost me. The two interactions with "Susan" and Susan could absolutely be chalked up to "It's Susan," but then when the two interact you're telling me that Susan doesn't recognize her own sister? I don't know, hopefully it'll still be some fun hijinks.

• Love 3
47 minutes ago, QueenSerena said:

More for next week:

67049382_10100200656497667_1356644688358

D_uuOf5XYAAQn8H?format=jpg&name=medium

I guess it's possible for Tripp to get dumber but I don't really see how.

As for Haley having nightmares, well, she's given me a few herself.

• LOL 10
  • Love 3

Is there a legal requirement that Days has at least one 20 something going through a mental illness storyline at all times? 

Stefan and Gabi are getting married already? Whatever. 

Sounds like Lani and Eli get pregnant. I hope she gives birth to a new wig. 

This Kristen story gets stupider by the day. Idiot Susan comes back for mistaken identity hijinks. Next it’ll be real Nicole. Maybe they could switch places for school and dates like the Wakefield twins. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 4
(edited)

YouTube is the only version I'm seeing right now, will update with a Twitter version asap so everyone here outside the U.S. can also view it. Edit - here you go:

Edited by QueenSerena
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Do we think that Eve will actually be administering the real serum to Jack?

Its a placebo.

I'm relieved JJ is removed from his own storyline it seems his interactions will mostly be with his family which at this point is the best thing for him if he's going to be "nice" much to my dismay.

• Love 1
(edited)

Ah. The triangle I wanted instead of the immigration story.  A triangle they could have been building up during the fake marriage but really haven't.  They immediately pivoted back to JJ and Haley.  At least we'll get to see who has the most chemistry and could end up together---but oh wait.  Tripp is already gone so no.

5 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Do we think that Eve will actually be administering the real serum to Jack?

Considering he's asking for a divorce in the promo, I'm guessing not.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

Ah. The triangle I wanted instead of the immigration story.  A triangle they could have been building up during the fake marriage but really haven't.  They immediately pivoted back to JJ and Haley.  At least we'll get to see who has the most chemistry and could end up together---but oh wait.  Tripp is already gone so no.

Considering he's asking for a divorce in the promo, I'm guessing not.

This is what I would've preferred to see: Claire/Tripp/Haley triangle where Claire is just scheming and not attempting to murder people.  Haley does find out Melinda is her mom and we get a backstory for both.

JJ/Haley are just friends both realizing its a bad idea to date being coworkers and all(what do you know an organic obstacle no suicide attempt or immigration storyline here) maybe be a couple down the line if it works.

JJ would be in the middle of his parents story as despite his age he fits better with the vets than the younger set. Eve is driven to make Ben's life a living hell as soon as she returns to town and JJ is an unlikely ally in this quest. Eve still torments J&J but still has a purpose beyond that(making Ben suffer). While Jennifer/Eve battle for Jack's soul and yes Eve does marry Jack in my version of events but its a MOC for both. Jack is drawn to Jennifer and his past going down memory lane while Jennifer tries to find out about his missing years while Eve is consumed with revenge vs Ben right along with JJ and they end up reigniting their affair with Jack walking in on it this time.

Claire isn't crazy. Eve has a story that makes sense with her, Ben is less neutered from his SK persona, Haley isn't forcefed on the audience, Tripp might have something to do, JJ gets an edge back and is a bit more messy and shady again, Jennifer is actually involved in her story. Jack has a POV trying to figure out who he is. 

Instead we got something else....

• Love 1
(edited)

I think Tripp started off fine and had potential then after he tried to kill Kayla and Joey left they totally took away what edge he had until he tried to set up Ben then it was gone again. 

I think he should've been the Joey recast instead of making him Steve's long lost kid or at least he could've been a con artist who pretended to be Steve's son hired by one of the Vitali's to destroy Steve/Kayla but ended up bonding with them because they became parents he never had. But they had no clue what to do with him plus Ron inherited him and had no interest.

Instead we got this.

I do wish this show would give JJ a love interest I actually like but they end up getting rid of those girls(Bev, Roxanne) or won't revisit(Eve, Gabi but that one I don't want anymore I did like them once). I just want JJ fixed individually before he gets paired again. Go back to the messy bad boy he used to be instead of the nice guy loser he is now.

That being said I don't see Days lasting much longer so I think by default Haley is his endgame its not my first choice but honestly the show is so bad across the board and won't improve at the rate its going it doesn't make a difference anymore.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 1

Thaao Penghlis is a true team player to promote his storyline and suggest that it could be anything like the stories of the past, when we all know it's more likely to be the same plot-driven nonsense that the show only seems capable of at this point.  

• Love 4
3 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

Thaao Penghlis is a true team player to promote his storyline and suggest that it could be anything like the stories of the past, when we all know it's more likely to be the same plot-driven nonsense that the show only seems capable of at this point.  

He is, isn't he?  I know I'm in the minority but I'm very happy he's returning.  I've always liked Thaao, loved his quirky take on his characters and his idiosyncratic sense of humor.  

At the very least, he can't make anything on Show any worse.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9

For fans of Thaao Penghlis, maybe you all knew this already, or maybe not, but back during the 1988 writers' strike, Mission Impossible somehow came back on ABC. (How that worked with a strike, I'm not sure. But that's the story!) It actually did well enough to warrant a second season of the revival.

It featured Thaao as well as the actor, Antony Hamilton, who ended up replacing the late Jon-Erik Hexum on the ill-fated CBS series, Cover Up in 1984/1985 [ironically, Hamilton himself died young in 1995], and also featured the son of one of the actors in the original series, Greg Morris. His son Phil is in this cast.

Discovered this a few years back and have the DVDs. Amazon has both Season 1 and Season 2 (from 1989) on DVD, if anyone wanted to check it out.

Someone uploaded the first season intro on YT and Thaao is in the thumbnail.  🙂

• Love 4
20 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Total rumor but apparently EJ has been recast...

....I don't see the point. AS won't come back full time, so what is he going to do?

Is he sticking around full time though? Sounds like he's just there with Sami is my guess I'd be surprised(pleasantly so) if the show actually ended Ejami but I doubt it.  At this point it would be pointless to end them.

• Love 2

For next week:

Brady and Sonny discuss the future of Titan and DiMera.
Jack names Eli commissioner.
Will questions Hope about Ted.
Eli and Lani celebrate his new position at Doug's Place.
Sarah makes a horrifying mistake.
Hope has doubts about Ted.
Sarah makes a confession to Rex.
Jennifer confides in Julie.
Jack and Eve face off over her lies.
Gabi presses Stefan to marry her.
Brady questions "Nicole."

EARiwLRWkAAjKGT?format=jpg&name=small

EAQ-pajWkAc-1XO?format=jpg&name=900x900

For the week of August 5th:

Gabi stuns Stefan. Kristen and Ted face off. Hope confronts Kate. Sarah makes a passionate declaration to Eric.

• Love 2

Brady/Sonny in a business story where I'm supposed to believe either of them are movers and shakers show how far this show has fallen...

Jack dumping Eve finally some movement and I do like Julie/Jennifer scenes and for once its not about Abby.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

Ugly stuff. But he'll get his memories back anyway....

Are Kristen and Tony going to kill Ted??

Or maybe Ted and Tony kill Kristen? At this point, I know that is what I am hoping for! (Sorry, @DisneyBoy!) But yeah, probably your idea comes to pass.

• Love 3

I don't quite get Eve's goal here.  Once Jack realizes that she's actively working against him getting his memories back, she has nothing to gain if he's prepared to dump her even not knowing about his past. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I don't quite get Eve's goal here.  Once Jack realizes that she's actively working against him getting his memories back, she has nothing to gain if he's prepared to dump her even not knowing about his past. 

This whole story should have never been. It should have been Eve going after her child's killer from word go. All it has done was ruin Eve Donovan and just make this mess seem interminable.

Once Jack cuts her loose (and I am so glad he is!), she needs to leave town again. It's clear these writers have no idea of how to craft nuance anymore, and Eve was a character that needs it.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, oceanblue said:

Who is Tripp's mother?  And where do you buy a mask that change your voice to match the person you are portraying?  One that allows you to wear low necked shirts with no line.

Tripp's mother is Ava Vitali, whom Joey murdered after sleeping with her.

• Love 2

Joey never actually slept with her, IIRC. She just carried on a secret "be my friend/I'm vulnerable and dying/you're cute/but we can never be together" texting seduction with him and his teenage hormones. She claimed she wanted his help to reunite Steve and Kayla and therefore atone for her past misdeeds...but in time it was revealed she was faking her illness and kidnapped Kayla and left her to die and forced Steve to boink her if he wanted to save his Sweetness.

She was a piece of work.

Joey smothering her with a pillow was messed up though because we never knew conclusively whether part of him did it because she never put out for him.

Tripp was her son with Steve from the last time she slept with him...

• Love 2

Clearly Tony and ‘Nicole’ don’t consummate their marriage - GoT aside, incest generally not cool amongst most people.  Maybe Kristen reveals herself to Tony?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, SueB said:

Clearly Tony and ‘Nicole’ don’t consummate their marriage - GoT aside, incest generally not cool amongst most people.  Maybe Kristen reveals herself to Tony?

Kristen is adopted, not real incest.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, SueB said:

Kristen and Tony were married in the '90s. And Kristen and her brother, Peter, were adopted. So no blood involved.

• Useful 1
3 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Kristen and Tony were married in the '90s. And Kristen and her brother, Peter, were adopted. So no blood involved.

Ha.  I remember that.  I think I liked them.  I wasn't online then so that makes me weird, right?

3 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

Ha.  I remember that.  I think I liked them.  I wasn't online then so that makes me weird, right?

Except Tony seemed more like Andre because Kristen (this was before she turned batshit cray-cray) loved John and tried to kill him. Hee. I remember that much! (Maybe it WAS Andre as Tony? I can't keep that straight anymore.)

• Love 1
(edited)

Okay, Linsey Godfrey's face when Sarah accidentally says Eric's name in bed with Rex is classic.  The writing for Sarah has been bouncing around too much, but Godfrey is just such a pro, she's always energized and bringing it.

Oh, I will gladly take Queen Gabi's revenge wedding to Stefan O. over Rafe's dead body!  That's a win-win, y'all! 

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, WendyCR72 said:

Except Tony seemed more like Andre because Kristen (this was before she turned batshit cray-cray) loved John and tried to kill him. Hee. I remember that much! (Maybe it WAS Andre as Tony? I can't keep that straight anymore.)

With the retcon that Stefano had vanished Tony to a Pacific Island for over two decades, it was really Andre pretending to be Tony that married Kristen.

• Love 2