Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

Ahh okay. Now I get it. They had Claire hold a knife to Tripp's throat to put him through what he did to Kayla, thereby absolving him because now he had it done to him as well. Karmic payback wipes the slate clean...I guess..?

Poor Claire. They're just using your character to solve other narrative problems. Flee Salem!

• Love 6
15 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

They had Claire hold a knife to Tripp's throat to put him through what he did to Kayla, thereby absolving him because now he had it done to him as well.

All I could think of during that struggle was, "Geez, Tripp, that girl is a twig and you can't get the best of her?" 

• Love 4

Which is rather contrived there are tons of things Julie can do I mean she's a Horton she can comment on JJ/Haley. Be in the storyline with Claire/Ciara(where she actually should be), throw shade at Jack/Eve and Rafe/Carrie as well. 

Instead we get this? I mean outside of defiling her office why would Julie care? I think she would be relieved Gabi is moving onto another family.

• Love 2

So, is this all they're going to have Gabi and Stefan do? Yawn.. Let's move this story along. After that horrible DID story, I just don't think the writers know what to with Stefan's character now. He has to do more than sit around that depressing mansion having sex with Gabi.

The Kristen reveal is happening fast.

Thanks for posting.

• Love 4
(edited)
12 minutes ago, Sidney said:

So, is this all they're going to have Gabi and Stefan do? Yawn.. Let's move this story along. After that horrible DID story, I just don't think the writers know what to with Stefan's character now. He has to do more than sit around that depressing mansion having sex with Gabi.

The Kristen reveal is happening fast.

Thanks for posting.

Like I said it doesn't matter if a couple on this show has chemistry(which I think Stefan/Gabi do)  if there's no decent story to go with it it fades fast. A lot of these characters/pairs are so directionless and its glaring. That being said I'm ok with Stabi together because well they have some entertainment value being messy/inappropriate and well containment I don't want characters I like with either of them.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Which is rather contrived there are tons of things Julie can do I mean she's a Horton she can comment on JJ/Haley. Be in the storyline with Claire/Ciara(where she actually should be), throw shade at Jack/Eve and Rafe/Carrie as well. 

Instead we get this? I mean outside of defiling her office why would Julie care? I think she would be relieved Gabi is moving onto another family.

Yes, but Julie never comes out except to trash Gabi.  Oh I forgot that time Julie trashed Ben to Ciara.  Ciara put the witch in her place.l

Edited by bobcat1946
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, bobcat1946 said:

Yes, but Julie never comes out except to trash Gabi.  Oh I forgot that time Julie trashed Ben to Ciara.  Ciara put the witch in her place.l

Can't agree where Ben is concerned. As far as I am concerned, anyone can and should trash SERIAL KILLER! Ben. Even Julie. And Ciara can just suck it up and STFU about it.

• Love 13
7 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

And Ciara can just suck it up and STFU about it.

I think it would go a long way in making Ciara not so horrible if they didn't have her defend Ben to everyone. Like sometimes she needs to just suck it up and let the people whose (Who's? I never know lol.) family Ben murdered be upset that he's free.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
(edited)
13 hours ago, bobcat1946 said:

She also trashed Jack/Eve. Rafe a few months ago. Gabi is the one people seem fixated on though... despite not interacting with Julie for months until this upcoming scene.

2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I think it would go a long way in making Ciara not so horrible if they didn't have her defend Ben to everyone. Like sometimes she needs to just suck it up and let the people whose (Who's? I never know lol.) family Ben murdered be upset that he's free.

Some of the people that were affected by him were her own family members which makes her even more callous and awful. I mean if Ciara didn't care I could accept it but don't push her as some heroine over it either.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 3
On 6/27/2019 at 12:36 PM, Frozendiva said:

Too bad the Salem PD couldn't take Ben's fingerprints for his 'crimes' and then discover that he isn't the real Ben Weston. That would make an interesting story.

Perhaps Kristen also has a “Ben” mask and committed the crimes.

Later Ben was brainwashed thinking he did them 🤔

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c8975d18ef7e4162775959

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

Perhaps Kristen also has a “Ben” mask and committed the crimes.

Later Ben was brainwashed thinking he did them 🤔

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c8975d18ef7e4162775959

The magical mask that morphs you into a man? Probably Clyde wearing it.

• LOL 2
7 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

It's "whose".  😉 Who's is short for who is. Just a quick guide.  🙂 And I agree here.

• Love 5
14 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Totally agree on this one. I’m a Ben and Cin fan but think it’s crazy that Ciara believes people can or should accept him. Particularly Eve. Ben is showing much more self-awareness on that score. The people in this town have a long history of living alongside their sworn enemies. It’s part of the fun - no need for everyone to get along. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, tribeca said:

Or maybe a root canal that controls the weather 

For some reason JER's outlandish stories worked probably because there was a slow burn and we had family connections that weren't just something slapped together like Claire right now. Also they had a budget where you can get lost in the glossy production values. Now the writing matches the bad production values.

• Love 3

I don't hugely defend Ben, but at this time, he is someone who overcame horrific abuse at the hand of his father, committed some heinous crimes, has gotten psychiatric help, and is on his way to maybe having a decent life and making better choices. He has a lot to overcome,, and has a lot to live with in terms of his actions, but if he works hard, at least he can maybe get himself some opportunities to turn his life around. It's rare, but can happen. He takes his medication, he sees a therapist, he understands his actions, and is trying hard to make a difference, which is a lot more than some Salemites do.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
33 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

He takes his medication, he sees a therapist, he understands his actions, and is trying hard to make a difference

But he also uses his past to threaten people in the park just because they don't feel like talking to him. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
(edited)
1 hour ago, Frozendiva said:

I don't hugely defend Ben, but at this time, he is someone who overcame horrific abuse at the hand of his father, committed some heinous crimes, has gotten psychiatric help, and is on his way to maybe having a decent life and making better choices. He has a lot to overcome,, and has a lot to live with in terms of his actions, but if he works hard, at least he can maybe get himself some opportunities to turn his life around. It's rare, but can happen. He takes his medication, he sees a therapist, he understands his actions, and is trying hard to make a difference, which is a lot more than some Salemites do.

Thanks Frozendiva, you’ve articulated well why I’m vested in his story. For me, they’ve given some good glimpses into how horrific his childhood was, which clearly doesn’t excuse his behaviour but does explain it somewhat. And I do see him genuinely wanting to be better. He goes backwards sometimes - with the kidnapping of Gabi being an obvious one, and the threatening of JJ’s friend (forgot his name) being another. He definitely used his reputation in those cases when he shouldn’t have, but I didn’t believe in either case that it was more than threats - and in the second instance felt RSW played that quite clearly. I liked that he owned both of those backwards steps though, admitted it was wrong and in the case of Gabi, was ready to quit his job because of it, and told Stefan he wouldn’t be involved with intimidating women again. And honestly I’m ok with characters being grey. It wouldn’t work for me if he was suddenly a white hat, given he’s clearly damaged, and has trust issues. That said, most of all I like that he has a decent level of self-awareness - which is sadly lacking generally in Salem - and doesn’t expect to be accepted or liked.

Mileage varies of course though, and I totally understand why many will never accept him. The reason I like this board is having the opportunity to express different opinions respectfully. Thanks to you all for that! 

Edited by BoldDays
  • Love 8
11 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Tripp reconnects with Haley.

No thanks.

9 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

But he also uses his past to threaten people in the park just because they don't feel like talking to him. 

LOL right. And that would be OK if they were doing it to try to show he makes mistakes still or whatever but it's so obvious they just want us to see him as some grand hero and they have Ciara acting like people should be happy he's around even though he murdered their children and it's like no that doesn't work. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, tribeca said:

How old was Ben when he left and ran off with Jordan? 

Wasn't this after Jordan got in the car accident that killed her mother and the baby that she was carrying after Clyde raped her? She was still a teenager, so Ollie/Ben was younger than Jordan.

• Love 2

What I need from Ben is a "I can't, I've got therapy" comment from time to time.  When Eric came back after murdering Daniel in the DUI, we FELT Eric's remorse.  It got tiresome to feel his remorse.  But it was there.  And he dedicated his life to helping others thru the Horton center.  

I need to see Ben do something altruistic - not just be a hero to Ciara. Not just acknowledge his sins and that he knows he can't repay.  Let's see Ben working on a the rage issues he has with his abuse as a child.  Let's see him paint, journal, write freakin' poetry to express his problems.  Let's see him raise funds for charities that help foster kids.  SOMETHING.  

Ben is not stable enough to be a counselor or directly engage with victims.  But he needs to start showing that he's spending his most valuable commodity  - his time - working to both improve himself and support the community in a humble way.  

• Love 13
12 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

I am sorry but everybody has pain and you have free will. Ben made the choice to stay with his shady girlfriend Abigail when he should have kicked her cheating trifling ass to the curb. He is a young handsome man that could have gotten another woman. No, he chose to take out his rage on innocent women who did nothing to him. Paige's brutal death sealed his fate for me. There was no coming back from that..

• Useful 2
  • Love 13

Yeah...they can write whatever tf they want but Ben, even if reformed and kind, angers me.

We've said it here a hundred times, but the show is more interested in writing for the villains then for good people who are normal.

• Love 9
(edited)
40 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

We've said it here a hundred times, but the show is more interested in writing for the villains then for good people who are normal.

I definitely agree with you on that, Disneyboy. I don’t understand why or when soaps decided that the bad guys were more interesting than the good guys. When they are written and portrayed well, I actually like both - but for me one does not have to be featured at the expense of the other.

When I first got into soaps it was without doubt the good guys that I was rooting for. But unfortunately over time so many of those have done such out of character things that I almost “trust” the villains more - or at the very least I find them more consistent in terms of their motives and characterisations. 

Edited by BoldDays
  • Love 4

Making RSW, a young gorgeous, talented actor a serial killer was a big mistake imo. It’s why I am mixed on Cin. Of course I don’t want to root for a serial killer, but I can’t completely hate Ben because I enjoy RSW.

• Love 8
(edited)

A few points:

1) he's not that gorgeous

2) the show needed to lose some boring characters (Paige the whiner dullard, Serena the stuck in an elephant story from hell redhead....not Will) and thought a murder mystery would spice things up for the 50th. It did.

3) SERIOUSLY, HE IS NOT GORGEOUS. HE LOOKS WEIRD. HE HAS DEAD EYES LIKE ABIGAIL AND A BIZARRE PLASTIC PHOTOSHOP BODY. STOP LUSTING AFTER THAT. CRIPES.

4) Nobody thought he was remotely talented before the show let him fiddle with a necktie and purse his lips, tilt his head back and stare blankly. He wasn't even an interesting serial killer. I don't remember a single one of his line deliveries. If he was talented, there would be something in my memory. There isn't.

5) After the show made him a killer, they brought him back to repeat his schtick several times. And he's even used his murderous history as an intimidation tool. If Ben was ever supposed to be a good person or likable character, the show wouldn't have had so much fun constantly underlining the fact that he's crazy and violent.

5) We've seen other male soap opera characters commitment unspeakable crimes like rape and still manage to become fan favorites over time. Tom Eplin made Jake McKinnon lovable in spite of his rape of Marley. And even though he was a fan-favorite on Another World until the very end, there were still viewers, like me, who never completely accepted the fact that he managed to marry his victim's twin (!) sister and become a part of their family. That was hella weird, but Tom's good heartedness and sense of humor and playfulness and chemistry with his co-stars made it possible to just get engrossed in the Jake you were watching today and put out of your mind the Jake that existed a few years prior and hurt Marley so badly.

I wasn't watching DOOL when Jack raped Kayla, but from what all of you have said here, the show did a pretty good job of having them both recover from that to some degree and move forward. But the shadow of what Jack did still hangs over the show's history, as was referenced when JJ first came onto the series. I can't say I love Jack as a character, but I believe you when you guys say that he is lovable and likable and has great chemistry with the other co-stars (not that any of that is on display in his current storyline unfortunately).

RSW, no matter how much of a hard sell they are pushing on me, is not in Tom Eplin's league. He is not Jack either. We didn't get time to understand him as a character, and the writers really didn't do the work of making Ben an interesting character before they turned him into a serial killer. Turning him into a serial killer was what made him a character. It's the thing that everyone remembers about him. He was pretty much invisible prior to that. He was a very dull obstacle for Chad and Abigail's romance. And now they're trying to erase that one character trait, or rather eclipse it by showing Claire losing her mind and saying she's worse than Ben. Bullshit. BULLSHIT! If you take away the serial killer, what is Ben? A guy who was abused by his father? You can say that about half the characters on the show. It doesn't make any of them interesting. What makes any character interesting on DAYS is a combination of interesting writing, and the likeability of the performer. RSW still has all the likeability of a store mannequin to me. Only those don't talk. And I don't see any chemistry with his co-stars either. When he is with Ciara in a scene all I see is plastic and hair.

And I think I'm ranting a little bit now, even though I respect everyone else's opinion, because I feel like some combination of the producers and the casting director are trying to convince me that viewers prefer mediocre actors with "perfect" bodies over fantastic actors who would never be booked to appear in an underwear catalog. WRONG. WRONG!

Even if Lani and Rafe and Ben were given fantastic scripts, I still don't feel they could deliver on the level of say, Victor, or Kate, or Sami. They don't connect to me as a viewer, I don't believe the stuff that comes out of their mouths and it's embarrassing watching them try and fail for so long. I am not fond of them, and if nothing else, no matter how stupid the stories are, I should at the very least enjoy spending time with these actors in their pretend world. When I watch Kayla, or Eileen Davidson's Kristen or John, I do. I suffer through the crappy writing because they bring a warmth and kind of magic to their scenes. Ben does not.

And I'm not just saying this because RSW doesn't have much of an acting resume. GG has been on the show for years and still stinks.

If Ben was going to have all of this screen time and fan adoration, I would think he would at least have some warmth and likeability. He doesn't and that's partly to do with RSW.

6) The show is likely to turn him back into a violent nutjob/killer again at some point (see: Stefano, Andre, Xander, etc, etc) so I wouldn't get too attached.

7) I'm annoyed that he is a pet of Deidre Hall and Ron (for very different reasons) and that that's why he's getting the red carpet rolled out for him. Not because it makes sense narratively, and not because fans were clamoring for more of him. There are literally dozens of young male actors in Los Angeles who would give their left foot for a steady paying gig like DOOL. The show could have brought on anybody to be Ciara's bad boyfriend.

😎It is in such appallingly bad taste to take the girl whose father died, whose stepbrother raped her and took her virginity, whose stepfather tried to murder her mother, whose mother went to jail for murder, and who once dated a boy who is (unbeknownst to her) the exact physical duplicate of her dead brother....and force HER to be the other half of a love story featuring a serial killer. I don't even like Ciara, and I can't stomach putting her through this. Yikes.

9) why does the eight have to turn into a smiley face? Da fuq?

10) I hate to have to say this, but I prefer Daniel to Ben. Yes. Tan Man over plastic man. These two have both been shoved down our throats hardcore and propped left right and center, but I think Daniel was at least able to act somewhat. Somewhat.

11) in a universe where the core families constantly back each other up and come out on top, Ben's beatification comes at the cost of the integrity of the other characters loyalties to each other. Eve is related to Shane, and should have some support from his friends in dealing with her grief over losing Paige. Will is alive and well, and has the love of most everybody in the town, from Kate and Marlena and John and Roman, to Sonny and Lucas and Gabi and Sami and Claire...ALL of whom should hate Ben's guts with a fiery passion for the years he kept Will away from them. Yet instead, Eve is constantly scapegoated as the villain and all of Will's family are conveniently never around to say a negative word about Ben. And now, possibly because of Deidre's fondness for her co-star, we have Marlena - fucking Marlena!! - standing up to talk about how wonderful it is that Ben has overcome his demons when Will was the grandson she loved more than anything in the world and had to bury after Ben choked the life out of him.

Reality check: it is only by the flimsiest excuse of science that Will is still alive. Ben 99% killed him. That Will is alive right now has nothing to do with the fact that Ben is a so called good person who was led astray. It's dumb luck. If someone tried to kill someone I loved and by some random coincidence they happened not to die, I wouldn't be forgiving the attacker just because they were thwarted.

But because they want to force Ben on us, family loyalty has gone out the window and so has logic. Kate will criticize Chloe for months for daring to date Lucas, but has yet to slap the shit out of Ben? Yeah sure....that's believable.

11) It makes no fucking sense in the world that Marlena would be called upon to deem Ben sane enough to re-enter society, or that she would trust him as a patient. He attacked her in her office during the 50th! Does nobody remember that?

12) He's not that attractive. I realize I have said this already but I think it bears repeating. Y'all have better taste than this.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • LOL 1
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

He's not that attractive. I realize I have said this already but I think it bears repeating. Y'all have better taste than this.

Whatever happened to 'beauty (or attractiveness) is in the eyes of the beholder'??  Just because you don't find him attractive, doesn't mean he isn't to some of us.

It makes no fucking sense in the world that Marlena would be called upon to deem Ben sane enough to re-enter society,

Considering Marlena is the only shrink on canvas, it's pretty much a given that she would be the one to deem him sane enough...

I hate to have to say this, but I prefer Daniel to Ben. Yes. Tan Man over plastic man.

Tom Eplin made Jake McKinnon lovable in spite of his rape of Marley.

Agree on both counts

RSW still has all the likeability of a store mannequin to me. Only those don't talk.

And that's because his main profession was as a model, so no surprise there. Sure he could be more animated, but maybe he's going for the 'silent type' with his acting. Doesn't always work, and agree he could use some charm, but that's Rob...and apparently casting doesn't have a problem with it.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, MsTree said:

Whatever happened to 'beauty (or attractiveness) is in the eyes of the beholder'??  Just because you don't find him attractive, doesn't mean he isn't to some of us.

Yes to this. Many things piss me off about Ben but I find RSW extremely good looking. Finding someone attractive or not is a matter of personal taste and not a fact.

• Love 10

I don’t find the character Ben attractive because of the things he had done in the past.  I know people hate Abigail but before he was a killer and she cheated he was so possessive and had every sign of an abuser.  I never truly understood how people will blame Abby for Bens violence.   Yes she cheated on him but that doesn’t excuse him.   He should be held accountable for his own actions.  

• Love 6
2 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Sigh.

Okay... explain it to me. I will listen with my heart (cue florescent leaves). Is it his abs? His skin? His nose? Break it down for me. I'll try to understand the appeal.

All the above for me. :) If I saw him out and about, my first thought would be, that guy looks like a model! As other posters said, we all have our own taste. Some people prefer blondes with light eyes, dad bod, looks that aren't remotely Ben. 

• Love 3
(edited)
6 hours ago, QueenSerena said:

For the week of July 15th:

"Stefan is completely blinded-sided; 

I read somewhere else that Brady tells Chloe about Gabi’s plot to bring down Stefan so I wonder if this is what blindsides him. 

Edited by BoldDays
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2

Speaking of Ben being hot, so am I the only one that wondered yesterday if that was the very, very beginning of that frightening Ben/Hope rumor? That 180 Hope did made me see the potential of her possibly wanting to bang him one day 🙈 before I couldn't even fathom it.

7 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Some people prefer blondes with light eyes, dad bod, looks that aren't remotely Ben. 

Exactly! I never analyze why i find certain men attractive. And god knows I have seen men I don't find attractive all to be called hot so I don't question taste.

Anyway, did you guys see that Days tweeted about this new clip on the DOOL app..I really hope Austin being there means he's filming. He looks great!

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, howmanywords said:

Speaking of Ben being hot, so am I the only one that wondered yesterday if that was the very, very beginning of that frightening Ben/Hope rumor? That 180 Hope did made me see the potential of her possibly wanting to bang him one day 🙈 before I couldn't even fathom it.

Exactly! I never analyze why i find certain men attractive. And god knows I have seen men I don't find attractive all to be called hot so I don't question taste.

Anyway, did you guys see that Days tweeted about this new clip on the DOOL app..I really hope Austin being there means he's filming. He looks great!

Perhaps Carrie will reunite with Austin. I have never had any use for Austin but his hatred for Rafe was so endearing.. 

• Love 5
5 hours ago, howmanywords said:

Speaking of Kate’s sons and the hot men on Days, whatever happened to Jay Kenneth Johnson? I’d love to see him back as Philip. He was extremely cute. 

• Love 7

Speaking of Ben being hot, so am I the only one that wondered yesterday if that was the very, very beginning of that frightening Ben/Hope rumor? That 180 Hope did made me see the potential of her possibly wanting to bang him one day 🙈 before I couldn't even fathom it.

I had the same thought when she touched his chest when he was yelling at Eve.

13 hours ago, howmanywords said:

Wow, Lucas and Austin both look super hot there. 

• Love 4