Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

23 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

But I was wondering if the rumored story that could get Ron fired might be related to Steve's return.  Weren't people on Twitter talking about how Steve and Kayla fans probably wouldn't like it...tho I'm not sure how they know.

Oooh, yikes. I don't like the sound of that one bit as a Steve fan. 

• Love 5
19 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Ben and Hope?

Boy is Aiden looking better and better....

Aiden never looked bad to me... 

He had the right amount of shadiness and decency plus chemistry with Hope. I liked that he was different from Bo.  Course they ruined it so she could be paired with Rafe and Hope has been downhill ever since.

9 hours ago, SueB said:

So what is the Will/JJ connection (besides cousins - but EVERYONE is EVERYONEs cousin)?  Why is Will using his leverage over Jack to save JJ?  

I loved Marlena saying that was a stupid plan but seriously Doc --you are SOOOOO late to the "Claire is craxycakes" problem.  And Shawn & Belle -- you are absentee parents.  I appreciate Claire is an 'adult' but she really has never acted like one.  She's definitely acted like a soap-opera teen with no parental guidance.  If Eve has been picking up your collective slack, I'd say you all (Shawn, Belle, Marelena) have failed this problem child.  

Well its that they're cousins mostly and JJ was very accepting of Will/Sonny as a couple I think Nick wasn't so much. My memory is a bit fuzzy on that one.

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Yes although Doug was her husband at the time.

Yeah, Doug married Addie. From all I have read, he actually grew fond of/to love Addie, making his return to Julie, while probably inevitable, also skeevy. Just as the beginning of his relationship with Addie after her own daughter likely was. (Before my time, but...ick?)

As an aside, I wonder if we will ever see/hear about Julie's brother/Hope's half-brother, Steve Olson, ever again? (Last I recall reading, the last time he was ever shown was in the late '70s with pre-AW Stephen Schnetzer in the role.)

Edited to add link about ol' Steve-O's history.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Yeah, Doug married Addie. From all I have read, he actually grew fond of/to love Addie, making his return to Julie, while probably inevitable, also skeevy. Just as the beginning of his relationship with Addie after her own daughter likely was. (Before my time, but...ick?)

As an aside, I wonder if we will ever see/hear about Julie's brother/Hope's half-brother, Steve Olson, ever again? (Last I recall reading, the last time he was ever shown was in the late '70s with pre-AW Stephen Schnetzer in the role.)

I didn't know SS was on Days I loved him as Cass Winthrop see a character that was shady and grew into a family man but could still be interesting. You would never see that type of character in today's soap.

I didn't exist back then and it was a different era however back then there was nuanced writing. Not everyone was one note and characters/couples were more complex unlike today so it was written with a well thought out storyline. I think Doug got drunk and married Addie after he and Julie fought/broke up  which produced Hope in the first place. It also helped that Addie died shortly after having Hope. I don't think it would've worked as well had she lived.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I didn't know SS was on Days I loved him as Cass Winthrop see a character that was shady and grew into a family man but could still be interesting. You would never see that type of character in today's soap.

I didn't exist back then and it was a different era however back then there was nuanced writing. Not everyone was one note and characters/couples were more complex unlike today so it was written with a well thought out storyline. I think Doug got drunk and married Addie after he and Julie fought/broke up  which produced Hope in the first place. It also helped that Addie died shortly after having Hope. I don't think it would've worked as well had she lived.

True, nuance is gone now.

Reading up on Steve Olson's history from the Days Wiki, which I edited in, and he sounded more like a gray/black hat. Interesting that a Horton back then was bad! GASP! LOL!

Would love to see what became of him.

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Also, Addie did not care that Doug wanted her for her money, she just wanted Doug, period.  Addie died saving Hope from getting hit by a car..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I adored Cass Winthrop.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

True, nuance is gone now.

Reading up on Steve Olson's history from the Days Wiki, which I edited in, and he sounded more like a gray/black hat. Interesting that a Horton back then was bad! GASP! LOL!

Would love to see what became of him.

Julie was bad too but she's somewhat tamed now. She's probably the only one to be somewhat shady all the others either written out(Nick, Claire, Steve Olson etc) or they become neutered from that type of role you wouldn't have guessed they were bad in the first place(JJ)

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, Harmony233 said:

This is so random since Carrie isn't staying only thing I can think of is that Carrie will return with rafe jr a year or so down the line.

I actually read hope walks in on them lol.

Or maybe it's a twofer in grossness and Noah is Rafe's. But God...Sami, Hope, AND Carrie?! Two sisters and their aunt (by marriage). Ick! By the way, SOD confirms Hope walks in on them.

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, QueenSerena said:

Prepare yourselves (yes, it's an actual spoiler):

It's already been spoiled that Carrie has a secret; speculation is that she and Austin split (off screen). 😐

Well of course.  They split Lani and Eli up so they can explore what became a nice vibe between Lani and Rafe but probably brought that to a halt once they decided to briefly bring Carrie back. So now Lani and Eli will reunite, without an interesting story, and it'll all be for naught.

• Love 7
30 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

Well of course.  They split Lani and Eli up so they can explore what became a nice vibe between Lani and Rafe but probably brought that to a halt once they decided to briefly bring Carrie back. So now Lani and Eli will reunite, without an interesting story, and it'll all be for naught.

Well, Carrie isn't staying (unless the role gets recast, anyway!), so maybe Eli/Lani will split again. But Rafe needs to go outside of the Brady females dating pool!

• Love 2

If they have a teenage Carrie/Rafe offspring show up a few months from now then it will totally have been worth it. Just lean into that absurdity.

Knowing Carrie she and Austin are still together without any problems whatsoever. She'll just sleep with Rafe cause she likes cheating on Austin and for no other reason.

• LOL 3
37 minutes ago, scarynikki12 said:

If they have a teenage Carrie/Rafe offspring show up a few months from now then it will totally have been worth it. Just lean into that absurdity.

Knowing Carrie she and Austin are still together without any problems whatsoever. She'll just sleep with Rafe cause she likes cheating on Austin and for no other reason.

No, Carrie and Austin broke up. So glad they didn’t make her a cheater again.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

Why must Carrie be used this way, Ron is such a hack. Why can't Carrie help Marlena and John with Claire.

That's too family oriented for this show. For me its pointless above all else(besides the fact it sucks on so many levels for me) she's not even sticking around. At least when Mike/Carrie broke up and she got back together with Austin she was sticking around. That's not the case here.

This also won't get Rope to breakup either.

• Love 3

For the week of July 8th, sorry for the low quality pic:

D-BiW_KWsAUqlPG.jpg

"Claire shares emotional goodbyes with her friends and family; Ciara comforts Victor; Tripp apologizes to Ben; Kristen makes a shocking discovery."

• Love 2
1 hour ago, tribeca said:

Rafe is like the Salem welcome wagon 

1 hour ago, Frozendiva said:

Not sure I'd want Rafe's basket of goodies.

So stale, past their "sell by" date and the portions are so small.

• LOL 10
(edited)
9 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

That's too family oriented for this show. For me its pointless above all else(besides the fact it sucks on so many levels for me) she's not even sticking around. At least when Mike/Carrie broke up and she got back together with Austin she was sticking around. That's not the case here.

This also won't get Rope to breakup either.

Hope who was part of a supercouple pairing with Bo has to be demeaned this way by competing with her nieces is just sad.  I am really over Hope and her pathetic drama over Rafe. How the mighty has fallen.. The show is not giving me any reason to stick around as a faithful viewer who used to watch Days as a kid to learn English..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 5
29 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

The show is not giving me any reason to stick around as a faithful viewer who used to watch Days as a kid to learn English..

Judging by the pathetic ratings you are definitely not alone.

• Love 3

I wonder if Chloe tells Stefan the truth. 

I'm glad to see Eve get dragged although I don't buy Hope's sudden concern over Claire but I digress.

Why does it have to be Marlena/Ben that talk Claire down. If they couldn't get John because of the wildfires etc that I get but Marlena/Hope or even Marlena or one of Claire's parents would be so much better than Ben.

• Love 5
48 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I wonder if Chloe tells Stefan the truth. 

I'm glad to see Eve get dragged although I don't buy Hope's sudden concern over Claire but I digress.

Why does it have to be Marlena/Ben that talk Claire down. If they couldn't get John because of the wildfires etc that I get but Marlena/Hope or even Marlena or one of Claire's parents would be so much better than Ben.

2 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Because the main goal of this story is to show us what an amazing hero Ben is.

Just think how sweet it'll be when they hang his ornament on the Horton Christmas tree.

What color does one choose to celebrate a serial killer, I wonder?

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Because the main goal of this story is to show us what an amazing hero Ben is.

Yeah I know I just hope for something different which is always a mistake on my part.

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, boes said:

Just think how sweet it'll be when they hang his ornament on the Horton Christmas tree.

What color does one choose to celebrate a serial killer, I wonder?

Gotta go with red, the color of the neckties he used on his victims. And I'm going to pull my hair out when it happens, but I'd love if the rest of the family peaces out of the Horton house one by one until it's those two left with maybe Hope and Jennifer (because you know Victor won't let him near the Kiriakis mansion). Let them both see the reality of what it would mean if they become more serious.

Who am I kidding, everyone is going to fall in line and worship the reformed serial killer, aren't they? 🙄

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, QueenSerena said:

Gotta go with red, the color of the neckties he used on his victims. And I'm going to pull my hair out when it happens, but I'd love if the rest of the family peaces out of the Horton house one by one until it's those two left with maybe Hope and Jennifer (because you know Victor won't let him near the Kiriakis mansion). Let them both see the reality of what it would mean if they become more serious.

Who am I kidding, everyone is going to fall in line and worship the reformed serial killer, aren't they? 🙄

JJ said he wants to see Ben put away or something to that effect so that gives me some solace plus he's skipped out on the last few Horton Xmases so that's also a good thing.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Hope who was part of a supercouple pairing with Bo has to be demeaned this way by competing with her nieces is just sad.  I am really over Hope and her pathetic drama over Rafe. How the mighty has fallen.. The show is not giving me any reason to stick around as a faithful viewer who used to watch Days as a kid to learn English..

Nieces?  Do you mean Claire and Ciara, who are her granddaughter and her daughter?  Do you mean Sami, who is a distant cousin?

30 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Nieces?  Do you mean Claire and Ciara, who are her granddaughter and her daughter?  Do you mean Sami, who is a distant cousin?

Nieces= Sami and Carrie. 

Sami/Carrie are her nieces through her marriage to Bo.

• Love 3
(edited)

Oh Olivia...if only Marlena was someone we saw Claire confiding in. But in your last two years on the show...you guys had how many scenes together? Five? Maybe?

Here's hoping Abifail will set Ben on fire again in time for the holidays. That would make my Xmas!

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4

OK, what the hell is that cabin made of?  Asbestos?  It's been burned TWICE yet it AND THAT BED (with, I'm guessing, clean sheets since the old ones are all smoke damaged) are still somehow there.  Let me guess Ben and Ciara are going to renovate it as their honeymoon cabin, right?

• LOL 9
  • Love 1