Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E01: Chapter Fourteen: A Kiss Before Dying

MarkHB
  • Start Topic

OMG! What a start!!!

I had no idea what to expect and I wasn't let down at all!!

First thing! OMG! the retro hospital look! That was way cool! And Yes! Mr.Andrews lives!!!

Nice acting from KJ and poor ARchie going through a lot of shit in a short period of time! PTSD is going to mark him for a while!!

And the Lodges! My god! What a 180 from Hermione! My god!! Turns form flustered wife to this mafia-wife! I'm so happy that Veornica called her up on her mom being a potential culprit, you go girl! And Hiram didn't disappoint.. And we thought the coopers and the blossoms were weird... Here's hoping Veronica can stand up to them for all its worth... Oh yeah, and Veronica did a good thing by sticking around and helping Archie! Here's hoping the whole shower thing was not "out-of-duty / a pick-me-up" thing...

And really Betty?!?! She should learn to shut up!! Spewing all the inside info on what happens between her and Jughead, to her judgy mom and gosspy friend....really?!?!

And jughead,, oh juggie... doesn't seem too promising when it comes to his commitment with the serpents, doesn't it? He's going to fall for the dark side any time soon now.... I Felt sorry for Betty since it seemed a bit forced that she would support him no matter what... It's going to cost her mental health in the end. or she might end up hurt....

And the whole jughead eating a hamburger next to the crime scene... lol....

Cheryl interests me a lot though, bring on the flames lol!

THe ending got me hooked though, I mean, was Mrs. Grundy's killing random or has it something to do with the Andrews? Poor ARchie, even if its random, it'll be fuel for his revenge / PTSD / viligante...

Loved Seeing Grundy again and doing her thing, yet again!!! I had heard rumours that she was going to come back and I was happy it was just this short appearance..

I might also add that I was initially scared that archie would automatically blame the serpents but instead jughead went out on his own to help out with his friend's blessing....

And yeah, the character going a bit 180 degrees is a bit disheartening... especially with betty and the serpents.... I guess maybe it became a reality and now she's scared... 

Edited by PeekaBoo
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, jewel21 said:

Don't killers usually stick with the same M.O.? Fred was shot and Grundy was strangled, right? It's just weird that he didn't just shoot her.

Cheryl is mad crazy. Chick freaks me out and in real life I'd be walking on the other side of the street every time she walked past, but as a TV viewer, I find her whole story line fascinating. I can't wait to see what she'll do next.

Hermione and Hiram are super shady. I'm actually a little worried for Veronica.

I think this isn't a crazy killer. I think it's a hired killer. Not Jason Bourne but still paid. Also they may not want connection to be immediately obvious to everyone, like police. 

Cheryl is staying in her lane. 

• Love 2
11 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

This show is still so very crazy and I love it so much. Its utterly ridiculous and knows it and thats why its amazing. 

Cheryl is so deeply crazy, but her mom really was awful, and I can really appreciate how she can coordinate her white and red outfits so well after a suicide attempt and her house burning down over the course of about a day. 

I love that in the Riverdale hospital, orderlies and nurses still dress like its the 40s. It adds to the weird, timeless atmosphere of Riverdale?

The Lodge parents are scary, and are getting scarier and scarier. Also, I thought that the Coopers came off a little better than usual this week. I mean, still snobby and judgmental, but they at least were being somewhat supportive by coming to the hospital and checking up on Archie a little bit. Or maybe they just look better next to the increasingly intense Lodges. 

I was actually into Archie/Veronica this week, and I generally liked and felt for Archie here. The group hug with the main four kids was sweet. 

The nurses' uniforms and whatever the hell the doctor was wearing was hilarious. I love how the show blends retro and modern in ways that are so stylish and anachronistic.

Yay, Dylan McKay lives!

I got seriously creepy pedo vibes when Veronica's dad insisted she come kiss him. I thought he was gonna tell her to sit on his lap while he stroked her hair or something.

I missed hot Skeet, and continue to crush inappropriately on Jughead.

• Love 7

Veronica mentions “Bean & Beluga” (Dean & DeLuca), “Barnaby’s” (Barney’s) and Manolo Blahnik (a real brand!!). I don’t get it.

It bugged me that Archie didn’t thank the surgeon. He was like “OK, got it, move aside.” ?

Edited by Bugs Meany
  • Love 1

Yay my favorite show about twenty-somethings teens is back!  They sure wasted no time getting Veronica in the shower with Archie.  Cheryl's mom was taken to the hospital for smoke inhalation, but she was basically in a body cast like a burn victim.  I have to guess once the bandages come off her skin will be smooth and supple like a moisturizer ad though, because this is magcal Riverdale fire!  Veronica's dad brings yet another creepy parent into the show.  Liked Fred's dream sequences.

1 hour ago, Bugs Meany said:

It bugged me that Archie didn’t thank the surgeon. He was like “OK, got it, move aside.” ?

To be fair, he's a terrified fifteen/sixteen year old who witnessed his dad getting shot and almost dying. I'm sure he was very, very thankful for what he did. 

I was more bothered by Veronica deciding that sexing Archie up in the shower was a proper way to deal with Archie's fear about his dad possibly dying.  

• Love 15

Overall decent return to the season.

Archie (or the actor) seemed better(?)

There was a reference to Pureheart the Powerful, which was sorta thing in Archie Comics.

It seems like with Archie's father nearly dying in a robbery at Pop's, it's sort of awkward to bring free food from Pop's. "Hey, here's burgers just like you had when your dad got shot!"

I was more bothered by Veronica deciding that sexing Archie up in the shower was a proper way to deal with Archie's fear about his dad possibly dying. 

I don't know for sure, but it seems like a time-honored tactic of distracting someone from such difficult issues.

Edited by Chicago Redshirt
  • Love 6
12 hours ago, phoenics said:

And remind me - does anyone else but batshit crazy Cheryl and her mom know that her dad killed his own son and NOT Jug's dad?  We gotta get Jug's dad out of jail!

Yeah, the gang found a video clip of the elder Blossom shooting Jason, and gave it to the Sheriff. But FP obstructed justice and tampered with evidence, so he's still gotta serve a little time.

• Love 2

I am side-eyeing that Josie, Valerie, Melody, and Reggie got a combined total of one minute of screentime in the ep. This is why I don't trust all those media interviews with the showrunners promising to actually write for the characters of color (who aren't the Lodges) in S2.

Also, for me, watching Archie / Veronica was like paint drying. I thought they had a little chemistry in S1 but I didn't see even that little bit in the S2 premiere ep. 

• Love 3
40 minutes ago, Chick2Chic said:

I am side-eyeing that Josie, Valerie, Melody, and Reggie got a combined total of one minute of screentime in the ep. This is why I don't trust all those media interviews with the showrunners promising to actually write for the characters of color (who aren't the Lodges) in S2.

Also, for me, watching Archie / Veronica was like paint drying. I thought they had a little chemistry in S1 but I didn't see even that little bit in the S2 premiere ep. 

I was surprised he had sex. They are kids and he saw his father shot.  I'd think sex as distraction is more an adult response although he is not presented as a virgin. 

Im also not sure what could have been written for those characters on this particular story beyond a few murmurs of support. 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Chick2Chic said:

What would any of those characters have done this episode, which was quite tightly focused on Archie and the aftermath of Fred's shooting (moreso, really, than any other episodes of the series)?

With the full-season order, the writers now have more room to accommodate the show's very large cast of characters.  If there's still no manifestation of this over the next few weeks, then I'll be right beside you in terms of being annoyed, but at the moment I'm fine with taking them at their word.  The previous season, by all accounts, had to delete a lot of material due to time constraints.

Edited by SeanC
  • Love 12

I thought in the previews Archie comes out of the restroom and the gunman turns the gun towards Archie and then you hear the gunshot. It is possible that the gunman was trying to shoot Archie and Fred jumped in front of the bullet. Archie may not have even realized there was a gun until his father was shot. This doesn't explain why the gunman didn't shoot Archie afterward, but it might explain the connection with Ms. Grundy. 

• Love 5

After binging the first season on Netflix earlier this year, I'm glad to get to watch in real time going forward!  Well, kind of.  On Demand counts, right?!

Crazy return as expected.  Glad Fred pulled through, but I imagine his recovery won't be very easy and I'm sure Archie is going be messed up by for this for a while. I know he's an idiot sometimes and K.J. Apa isn't the strongest of the cast, but I felt bad for him.  I could understand his guilt and feeling like a coward, although realistically, trying to charge the gunman or do anything else could have easily just made things worse.  But I now he's at the point where he's actually going to the guard the house every night since he worries the shooter will come back due to possibly having Fred's wallet.  I suspect Archie won't be getting much sleep going forward!

I love how Jughead continues to pretty much be a part of the audience and is automatically like "Yeah, this was no robbery.  There is totally something else going on.  Because this is Riverdale and nothing is what it seems!"  At this point, I don't know what to think.  I guess the guy killing Miss Grundy at the end is trying to add to the theory that someone is after those who are closest to Archie, but I suspect there will be way more to this.  And that the foursome will be the ones who figure it out, because we all know Sheriff Keller is not up to the task, considering he probably looses his keys each time he leaves the house.  Can't wait to find out!

Cheryl is crazier then ever!  But I love that she's now got Penelope in her clutches after everything her parents put her through.

Favorite part of Fred's hallucinations (other then Veronica in that wedding dress) was Jughead wearing his cap to the wedding.  He would so do that.  Hell, he'd probably wear it to his own wedding!

Hiram is here, baby!  Loved the over-the-top mobster like introduction to his character and how he and Hermione are already acting like a don and his wife.  Those Lodges are scary!  Veronica better be careful, but I'm glad she knows what her parents are truly capable of.  That said, I suspect they will end up not being involved in Fred's shooting.

Oh, Betty!  Don't fret: if things go back with the Southside Serpents, just go all Dark Betty on them, and they'll probably run for the hills!

Brief sighting of Josie and the Pussycats and Reggie 2.0.  I see Kevin is a regular now too.  Not enough Alice, but her reaction to Betty/Jughead was Classic Alice!

I said in almost all of the episode one threads but Camila Mendes is truly one of the most stunning women out there.

Glad Riverdale is back!

Edited by thuganomics85
  • Love 6
20 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

That moment With Cheryl/Fred and Archie was strange. I hope this isn’t a thing where Cheryl gets an inappropriate crush on Fred or something . No. Ew.

Well, Madelaine Petsch keeps saying in interviews that Cheryl is getting an unexpected love interest this season...we know Fred has a thing for redheads. Just saying. (Jokes though, because this would be crazy gross!)

20 hours ago, opus said:

Where was Grundy? Did they say Greendale?

Yup! Which makes me think of Community! Anyone else? 

18 hours ago, phoenics said:

The Lodges creeped me out - I really liked Hermione last season but this season the creepy is too much and now I don't like how she's acting.  I can't tell if it's a red herring or if she's really shady - but the creepy Stepford-family vibes they gave off tonight with Hermione and Hiram ... creepy.  It's probably some sort of red herring like last season with Betty's parents but still... 

I don't think I've ever seen a TV character do as much of a 180 as Hermione Lodge. She started off last season seeming like a geniunely good person and good mom, and then episode by episode, it all changed, and now she she is scary and creepy and sinister as @#$%. However, I'm all for it. It's ridiculously fun to watch, like it was for the Blossom parents last season. Also, Mark Consuelos is RIDICULOUSLY good looking. He may perhaps have usurped the "Sexiest Dad on the show" crown from FP Jones...perhaps. 

17 hours ago, Snookums said:

Can somebody please change that bloody, soggy cast on Archie's hand? It probably smells like a chum bucket mixed with a dumpster by now.

Haha!! I was thinking about the cast needed to be changed too. But this description of how awful it must smell is perfect, and now I feel like I can actually smell it, and the nausea is real! 

8 hours ago, luna1122 said:

I missed hot Skeet, and continue to crush inappropriately on Jughead.

I hardcore agree on both of these points. 

All in all, I really enjoyed the premiere. KJ Apa was especially impressive. Just goes to show how great he can be when they're not trying to make Archie Troy Bolton 2.0. I though Camila Mendes was also really great last night, and I loved all of the Archie/Veronica scenes. The shower scene was hot and all, but the scenes aside from that were excellent, as they showed that there is an actual emotional connection between them as well. 

Loved all the Betty/Jughead scenes too. The motorcycle "drama" provided some levity with Jug joking about calling Alice for a ride, and I adored the swoonworthy kiss in the rain. The Pops scene with them was great too. I also got a laugh out of Jughead saying he was always hungry, and Betty incredulously watching him eat. The Jughead/serpent scenes were INTENSE though. Yowza. That dude they beat up legit made me shudder when the showed him. 

Cheryl is batshit cray, and I'm totally here for it. I love it! I can't wait for her antics this season.

• Love 5

I really hope they don’t go anywhere with Cheryl and the Fred thing. Hope it was just a random odd thing that happens in this show.

This was a good episode, probably the best Archie one they’ve ever had, hopefully it’ll stick. But who knows. I could go back to Disliking him soon, depending on what they do.

Hermione really did a 180 in the season finale last year but as I said in my first post of this episode, many of the characters seem to hit a reset button on their feelings since last finale- which is hilarious because the timeframe has only been like a day, but whatever.

The core four all seem to be going down a rabbit hole this season.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Dobian said:

Yay my favorite show about twenty-somethings teens is back!  They sure wasted no time getting Veronica in the shower with Archie.  Cheryl's mom was taken to the hospital for smoke inhalation, but she was basically in a body cast like a burn victim.  I have to guess once the bandages come off her skin will be smooth and supple like a moisturizer ad though, because this is magcal Riverdale fire!  Veronica's dad brings yet another creepy parent into the show.  Liked Fred's dream sequences.

I thought she had burns + smoke inhalation? When did they say she didn't have burns?

2 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

I thought in the previews Archie comes out of the restroom and the gunman turns the gun towards Archie and then you hear the gunshot. It is possible that the gunman was trying to shoot Archie and Fred jumped in front of the bullet. Archie may not have even realized there was a gun until his father was shot. This doesn't explain why the gunman didn't shoot Archie afterward, but it might explain the connection with Ms. Grundy. 

I thought they had shown Archie coming out of the bathroom to see the masked man pointing a gun at Fred.

I can't remember, did we already know that Penelope (+/- Cheryl) killed Cliff (or that his death wasn't suicide)?

Anyone know roughly how much time has passed from the beginning of the first season? I feel like that started around September and we are now somewhere around January, but we didn't see Christmas or anything so I'm not sure.

Cheryl is definitely unhinged, but oddly, when she said that she 'cured' Fred or whatever, that was when I was reasonably sure he wouldn't die (though I'm still not 100% convinced).

Prior to this episode, in an interview someone from the show likened it to "The Body" from Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I have to say, I didn't get that at all.

• Love 1
22 hours ago, RogerDodger said:

It seems weird that Ringwald was such a big star back in the day, yet doesn't merit a "special guest star" title or even the "and" credit in the opening.    

Not strange to me at all...I wish she was not on the show.  A big star to whom?  By that reasoning, so was Lindsay Lohan. 

1 minute ago, catrice2 said:

Not strange to me at all...I wish she was not on the show.  A big star to whom?  By that reasoning, so was Lindsay Lohan. 

I think the poster was mostly saying that given that Molly Ringwald was a big star in the day it would be expected that she would get credited as "Special Guest Star" or "And Molly Ringwald.."

FWIW, I think that if Lindsay Lohan guest starred on the show, she would also get a "Special Guest Star" credit. 

4 minutes ago, secnarf said:

I thought they had shown Archie coming out of the bathroom to see the masked man pointing a gun at Fred.

I watched it again and Archie definitely saw the gunman and jumped in front of his dad. The gun was pointed at Archie, but the dad was shot.

• Love 1

After saying the opposite I checked on the app. Cheryl's white dress, which she was wearing at the fire, is artfully sooty. 

Ms grundy was killed with some long rigid item and we saw blood dripping from her toes. 

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, secnarf said:

Prior to this episode, in an interview someone from the show likened it to "The Body" from Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I have to say, I didn't get that at all.

No the body, excepting the one obligatory vampire, tried and succeeded in replicating Buffy's reactions and feelings. There were many points of view here, less fugue and more detecting. 

Yeah, I get what they were saying, thank you.  Again, in any day, who was she a big star to?  If you liked those teen movies, sure, but she has not had a career in years. Webster, Corey Feldman and a few others were stars in that same "day," and I would not expect them to get a special credit.  The industry for the most part is about what have you done lately.   Sad to say she was not a sex symbol , pretty girl type or a pin up like Kirk Cameron or someone so big movies or not, I don't see her getting special treatment, or even deserving it.   Her acting was never great and she was more related to as the average girl next door.  

I'm pretty sure Molly Ringwald was the mom on Secret Life of an American Teen for quite a while. She's still been working. 

I hope she stops doing whatever it is she's doing to her face though. She's looking better this season than last season. 

Yeah, so I'm definitely a married, adult, woman but Imma need some Jughead on a motorcycle gifs ASAP. Thanks!

I'm still all in on the Bughead. I could take or leave Varchie, or whatever that portmanteau is. Though, I will say that KJ must have taken some good acting lessons over the summer. He was much improved.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Glory said:

I'm pretty sure Molly Ringwald was the mom on Secret Life of an American Teen for quite a while. She's still been working. 

I hope she stops doing whatever it is she's doing to her face though. She's looking better this season than last season. 

Yeah, so I'm definitely a married, adult, woman but Imma need some Jughead on a motorcycle gifs ASAP. Thanks!

I'm still all in on the Bughead. I could take or leave Varchie, or whatever that portmanteau is. Though, I will say that KJ must have taken some good acting lessons over the summer. He was much improved.

Molly was the Mom and yes on Bughead and Jughead everything.

KJ did improve but they also wrotE Archie better. Hopefully it sticks. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, secnarf said:

I can't remember, did we already know that Penelope (+/- Cheryl) killed Cliff (or that his death wasn't suicide)?

They didn't say it outright, but they certainly hinted at it strongly.

I'm glad that in Fred's vision, the dead squirrel was still perched atop Clifford's head.

Also, where was Polly?

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, starri said:

Also, where was Polly?

She went back to the 1960's for a visit to her old pals in the Home for Unwed Mothers.

3 hours ago, AdorkableSars said:

Also, Mark Consuelos is RIDICULOUSLY good looking. He may perhaps have usurped the "Sexiest Dad on the show" crown from FP Jones...perhaps. 

Yeah. He's definitely gotten even better with age. Well, that, and being the pampered husband sponsored by Kelly Ripa Entertainment Co. It'll be interesting to see how Veronica deals with her father being back.

• Love 5
36 minutes ago, starri said:

They didn't say it outright, but they certainly hinted at it strongly.

I'm glad that in Fred's vision, the dead squirrel was still perched atop Clifford's head.

Also, where was Polly?

Polly is the question. 

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, carrier76 said:

I listened to a Riverdale podcast today that suggested that Grundy was killed with the cello bow that Archie gifted her...

Yeah I thought that was what it was when I watched but couldn't figure out why she was bleeding. Are cello bows sharp or something? 

I also saw no chemistry between Archie and Veronica in this ep and... when did I get old ....but I'm so uncomfortable with how quickly and easily kids who are supposed to be what 15? Are sexing it up.  When did it become no big deal? To be fair PLL freaked me out with that stuff too. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, MissL said:

I thought that was what it was when I watched but couldn't figure out why she was bleeding. Are cello bows sharp or something? 

No, cello bows are actually pretty fragile. They'll break if you look at them funny. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, catrice2 said:

The fact that you would compare Lindsay Lohan to Molly Ringwald gives me a hollow feeling in my stomach. 

• Love 5

Cheryl truly is a VC Andrews character come to life. Also, Kevin's complete fascination with Cheryl's theatrics remains hilarious.

Speaking of characters coming to life, Hiram & Hermione are straight out of a Mario Puzo novel.

Madchen Amick is having the time of her life chewing the scenery.

The "Core Four" can go away at any time. All of them seriously bug.

Who has shower sex with pearl accessories?

Glad Grundy's gone. Everything about her was seriously gross.

Nice to see the minority characters remain window dressing. Some things never change.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, MissL said:

Yeah I thought that was what it was when I watched but couldn't figure out why she was bleeding. Are cello bows sharp or something? 

I also saw no chemistry between Archie and Veronica in this ep and... when did I get old ....but I'm so uncomfortable with how quickly and easily kids who are supposed to be what 15? Are sexing it up.  When did it become no big deal? To be fair PLL freaked me out with that stuff too. 

I think fewer in real life if that helps. 

They also have sex like they're forty and married.  No timidity, hesitation, shyness. 

Edited by Affogato
  • Love 1

I don’t see why it’s a given that Josie & the Pussycats must play a big part. (I don’t find “they’re in the comics” a compelling reason.) Archie’s musical aspirations made for a terribly weak storyline that I hope they never revisit. Murder & mayhem in Riverdale should be the focus; IDGAF about a high school band.

• Love 12

I agree on Josie and Friends.  I think the stories should be woven out of the core four or one of them.   Nothing will kill a show faster then "Everyone is an A-list character.". Ask Ryan Murphy.  2nd tier characters should rotate.  The only Pussycat I feel I don't have a sense of is Melody and I'm hardly on the edge of my seat.

And I have to disagree with people who think Hermione has changed.  I think she was down on her luck and played "I mean no harm" when she and Veronica were barely keeping their heads above water, but the Hermione we are seeing now is Hermione fully revealed.

She is a long time foe of both Penelope Blossom AND Alice Cooper, that alone convinced me she was a wolf in sheep's clothing.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Bugs Meany said:

I don’t see why it’s a given that Josie & the Pussycats must play a big part. (I don’t find “they’re in the comics” a compelling reason.) Archie’s musical aspirations made for a terribly weak storyline that I hope they never revisit. Murder & mayhem in Riverdale should be the focus; IDGAF about a high school band.

I don't care so much about the music aspect so much but I do care about diversity. Don't hire people of color and shit on them when it comes to writing for them. We need to be past tokenism. Representation matters and I don't want to see all the Black women on the show shoved to the side for no good reason. There's no legit rationale why Josie, Melody, and Valerie can't be more integrated than they have been written so far. That goes for any character of color who isn't a Lodge.  It shouldn't be hard,  The show simply needs to try.

• Love 4

KJ did improve but they also wrote Archie better. Hopefully it sticks. 

They did indeed; the whole "string o' love interests" really dragged him down and separated him from the main point of the show--crazy ass situations and teen detection! It's hard to play an All American Boy type when the scripts are having you behave like a ol' fashioned cad/twerp.

• Love 1

I wonder if Veronica's mispronunciation of "bon mot" is supposed to be a clue that she isn't quite the sophisticate she pretends to be. Or, rather, that much of the sophistication she has is something she's acquired through deliberate study to try to put a nicer polish on her family's obviously shady wealth, and not the life she's naturally led before moving to Riverdale. Or maybe it's just a sign that she's young and much of her attempt at maturity and wisdom is just from stuff she's read rather than lived.

I thought the shooter's eyes and build looked like Hal Cooper.

Not sorry to see Miss Grundy gone. Although, since that was an alias, maybe The Real Miss Grundy whose identity she stole will turn up at some point?

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Chick2Chic said:

There's no legit rationale why Josie, Melody, and Valerie can't be more integrated than they have been written so far. That goes for any character of color who isn't a Lodge.  It shouldn't be hard,  The show simply needs to try.

Josie could somehow be important to the story because she's the mayor's daughter. It would only look forced and contrived if Melody and Valerie were suddenly part of the Scooby gang.

33 minutes ago, Enginerd said:

I wonder if Veronica's mispronunciation of "bon mot" is supposed to be a clue that she isn't quite the sophisticate she pretends to be.

Right, like she's book smart.  She's seen bon mot in print but has no idea how to pronounce it.

Edited by sugarbaker design
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Bugs Meany said:

Josie could somehow be important to the story because she's the mayor's daughter. It would only look forced and contrived if Melody and Valerie were suddenly part of the Scooby gang.

If TPTB bothered to put in the effort, all of the underused characters can be woven in as well as matter on their own merit and not in relation to someone else's subjective 'value.' With the show having multiple arcs feeding an overall story, there's no excuse not to incorporate. 

• Love 5

And even that wasn't too bad, considering he suffered appropriate consequences for his actions. Which is way more then can be said for most of the other characters, both young & old, on the show.

• Love 1