Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E04: Joy and Austin's Camping Trip

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, ariel said:

If that's true, I'd still rather see hands on a counter than a baby in diapers.

Neither really even registers with me in particular. The world is full of germs everywhere you go, and trying to blast them all into oblivion is not only impossible but can be counterproductive. I know the rules and make sure to do my best to follow them when out in public or cooking for guests, etc; I don't have any intention of being a menace to pubic health, but for myself it mostly doesn't occur to me to worry about it. I very rarely get sick and haven't had anything that lasted more than 48 hours in probably 20 years. I know there are people who have real reasons for needing to have an environment as sanitary as possible, but for most of us, exposure to germs really does help boost the immune system.

• Love 24
1 hour ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Neither really even registers with me in particular. The world is full of germs everywhere you go, and trying to blast them all into oblivion is not only impossible but can be counterproductive. I know the rules and make sure to do my best to follow them when out in public or cooking for guests, etc; I don't have any intention of being a menace to pubic health, but for myself it mostly doesn't occur to me to worry about it. I very rarely get sick and haven't had anything that lasted more than 48 hours in probably 20 years. I know there are people who have real reasons for needing to have an environment as sanitary as possible, but for most of us, exposure to germs really does help boost the immune system.

Yeah, what's that statement, "if you knew a tenth of what really goes on inside restaurants, nobody would ever go out to eat again"?  In chain restaurants, at least theoretically, they have a regimented cleaning schedule (I know because in high school a friend worked at McDonalds and the bathroom was her brigade), and all those lists on the back of the doors in bathrooms, etc.; but you have to trust they're being followed everywhere you go, which depends upon the conscientiousness of the folks whose job it is in the first place.  Theoretically the counter will be swabbed at the end of each day.

(Disclaimer:  I come from a family of germophobes who'd rather eat with their elbows than touch anything in a food court type environment even after washing hands.  As a probable immature knee-jerk result, if I'm not with them, I never bother to wash mine.)

• Love 2

You know....the diapers on counter thing varies with me. A clean looking, fully clothed baby doesn't phase me but a dirty looking bare squishy diaper kid does....Im a fanatic about diapers always being covered and socks always on tiny little tootsies since they can't regulate their body temps. I doubt Joy's baby will feature a lot of either although the Seewald babies seemed to.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, asuwur said:

You know....the diapers on counter thing varies with me. A clean looking, fully clothed baby doesn't phase me but a dirty looking bare squishy diaper kid does....Im a fanatic about diapers always being covered and socks always on tiny little tootsies since they can't regulate their body temps. I doubt Joy's baby will feature a lot of either although the Seewald babies seemed to.

My big worry about kids on countertops is that mom or dad often puts them up there so he/she can look at their phone, root through their purse or deal with other kids and frequently, I see little kids/babies in precarious positions with their parental unit not paying enough attention to them.  It just takes a second for a little one to wriggle away, fall off the counter and crack their skull.  I am sick of seeing people treating their electronic devices with more care than they treat their kids.

I also agree, a diapered bottom, particularly when covered with other fabric, doesn't much bother me as far as germs are concerned.  Most fast food counters don't directly contact the food anyway.

ETA: I worked at Burger King when in high school 40+ years ago and we wiped down the counters quite a bit; every time using a sponge that was kept in soapy water in a sink that was filled every morning at opening and emptied at closing.  That water was no doubt just a soupy bacterial rinse by afternoon and far worse than any diaper.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 14

I watched with my teen daughter and we were both thought Joy looked AMAZING after hair and makeup, and Kendra too. So we were like "WHAT HAPPENED on the wedding day??" Herhair was a hot mess on the actual day! 

In thinking about it longer, I seriously wonder if these girls are uncomfortable looking too good?

Or maybe just looking good in a non-Gothard way?

So sad!

I also suspect that Joy showed Austin photos from the trial and he put the kibosh it.  Which would explain why Joy was freaking out on the actual day about what he wanted her to do with her hair.

• Love 3

Joy said that the only camping the Duggs did was in the yard...and probably only one gender at a time because of Josh's perverted actions.

Bin had his balls...they were in Jess' purse that he carried as she shopped for snot ladened stick horses.

I have dibs on the all wooden horsey that I can bleach and boil before I ride.....

• Love 1
On 10/10/2017 at 0:37 AM, MamaMax said:

I watched with my teen daughter and we were both thought Joy looked AMAZING after hair and makeup, and Kendra too. So we were like "WHAT HAPPENED on the wedding day??" Herhair was a hot mess on the actual day! 

In thinking about it longer, I seriously wonder if these girls are uncomfortable looking too good?

Or maybe just looking good in a non-Gothard way?

So sad!

I also suspect that Joy showed Austin photos from the trial and he put the kibosh it.  Which would explain why Joy was freaking out on the actual day about what he wanted her to do with her hair.

The hair and makeup people from the salon would have expected to be paid to work at a wedding. The Duggars were just too cheap for that. 

• Love 6
On 10/4/2017 at 8:59 PM, ariel said:

Is that pottery safe to use for cooking purposes or is it more for decoration?

That pottery is mostly for putting food in, but not for cooking in or putting it in the dishwasher. I have some plates like that in my apartment, and I use them mainly for putting chips, lettuce, tomato, etc. in when I have people over, which is what I'm assuming Joy & Austin will use them for at the rehearsal dinner.

• Love 1