Type keyword(s) to search

The Toy Box - General Discussion

Lisin
  • Start Topic

I was tickled that Olivia wanted to take it to the park and zoom the hovercraft around everywhere.

Olivia and Gregory seem to be the best at "well, I wasn't interested, but I bet others kids would love it."

The hula hooping mom annoyed me.

I expect to see Noah on Masterchef, Junior any season now.

• Love 2

I was surprised by "Rocket Bob" since he lives not that far from me, yet I've never heard of him and have never seen him highlighted on any local tv channel, even though we get news reports on locals being on The Voice, American Idol and other shows. Go figure. I did like the hovercraft best, though. And thank goodness that obnoxious wannabe child "star" wasn't on. Is that Noah? He's just too cool for school ... in his opinion.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, saber5055 said:

I was surprised by "Rocket Bob" since he lives not that far from me, yet I've never heard of him and have never seen him highlighted on any local tv channel, even though we get news reports on locals being on The Voice, American Idol and other shows. Go figure. I did like the hovercraft best, though. And thank goodness that obnoxious wannabe child "star" wasn't on. Is that Noah? He's just too cool for school ... in his opinion.

I'm from RI and I didn't watch any of the local news but it was on the front page of the business section of the Sunday Dispatch.

The noon news just had a segment on Rocket Bob, saying he was on Toy Box "last night." Only problem, Toy Box airs on Sunday here and it's now Tuesday. Good job, fact checkers. At least he got a shout out. I was pretty creeped out by Eric turning it into a dating show for Bob. Jeez, just let the guy show his cool hovercraft made for kids without making it creepy -- for kids AND adults.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, saber5055 said:

I was pretty creeped out by Eric turning it into a dating show for Bob. Jeez, just let the guy show his cool hovercraft made for kids without making it creepy -- for kids AND adults.

Yeah, I also hoped Eric had checked first that Bob is actually into women before going on that whole spiel. 

• Love 2

I liked the Eardorables and thought the Ninja card throwing game would be good for parties.  I agree with the kids that the president game is more for teens/adults.  When he couldn't even tell about the scandals that was a tip off.

The Eardorables were awesome and I would buy 5 right now if I could.  I also liked the tiny finger puppets with the container that turned into a house.  Very cute.

The girl whose dad invented the hover board was weird in that the success of his first toy surely would get him face time with this one.

• Love 1

I thought Orbit Wheels and Ninja Darts would make good gifts for some family members so I looked for them online ---

Orbit Wheels are sold on Amazon ($70-100), Walmart ($67) , and a few other stores.

Ninja Darts are sold on their website, which states "As seen on Shark Tank."  I have a vague recollection of Mark Cuban throwing the cards (the memory is really fuzzy though).  The version on Toy Box is Ninja Darts II.  Not sure which version was on Shark Tank.  I guess they didn't get an offer from the Sharks or the deal fell through.

I was disappointed the Hoovercraft didn't win, although maybe it will get made and sold anyway. It's something that can be played alone or with others, kids and adults would have fun with it, play inside or outside, on the lawn or in water/pool. The winner (I've forgotten the name already!) would cause a disaster played inside ... water, plus broken "stuff" and kids falling over coffee tables, etc. Plus you can't play alone. Oh well. I'm not buying any of them. And congrats to all inventors for making it to the finals. I hope they all find success. (I'd like to play the Ninja Cards though!)

• Love 3

I was going to complain about the weird elimination system that seemed to only exist to drag the show out as long as possible, but I think the final two were the right final two and that the best toy won. I personally loved the Hovercraft, but I think Waterdodgers is more versatile and accessible to the widest audience and it gets kids running around outdoors to boot. It's also a toy that I can see kids finding lots of creative uses for, which isn't the case with so many of the toys on this show. It's true you can't play alone or inside (although I think most kids will also repurpose the shields for sword fighting and role playing games indoors) but the same could be said of the frisbee and that is still a great toy. 

I really could've done without the interviews with the kids. 

• Love 1
On 11/19/2017 at 10:35 PM, saber5055 said:

I was disappointed the Hoovercraft didn't win,

Me too!  I looked online and saw that ToyRUs has many versions of hovercrafts so now I see the issue.

I also saw that eardorables got a deal.  I loved it and thought it was a very creative idea for sleepovers or going to grandma's house.

7 hours ago, jumper sage said:

I looked online and saw that ToyRUs has many versions of hovercrafts so now I see the issue.

I'm surprised they didn't pre-screen it out in that case. That's why I miss when everything went through an adult panel first. Kids are dumb. 

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, sab85 said:

So I just talked to my mom - Bob (inventor of the hovercraft) died today.  I'm glad he got to see his toy so widely praised before he went. 

Oh man, he seemed like such a lovely guy too. I am also glad he got to share his creation with the country before he died. Vale, Rocket Bob. 

On 10/5/2017 at 12:39 AM, jumper sage said:

Came in on this a bit of the way through it.  So no more adults in the industry do a preview/vote of the toys?  I like the age range of the kids but I agree that 6 years old is too young.  Toys aimed for that age group should be a room with toys and 5/6 year olds and see who plays with what.

Great idea!

Definitely a good idea! My 6 yr little girl is addicted to the Dolls. One more thing I quote out that. The Dolls are fine, I have seen many people putting up the games on teh same names as my 6 yr old likes the dolls but now she is more into gaming. She is like playing her Shopkins games that are totally free

• Love 1