Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E02: More Extinction

I think the Romantic aspect is messing up the EQ vs. IQ function of Paige for one thing, she should have caught it if nothing else as that is her job function, not mired in longing glances and relationship goals!

it really pisses me off that they messed with Cabe! 

I know I missed almost a whole season of the show at one point but it just doesn't seem to have the heart that it used to when say Sylvester was with Megan.

The Geniuses without the kid seem to be kind of lost and Paige going on these these life-threatening Adventures without the kid seems totally out of character. Somehow the heart of the show is missing even though the whole show is dealing with matters of the heart supposedly.

The fact that the guy could play them is just pitiful. But I'm wondering if the whole thing might have been a setup for from the new boss to get Cabe from the get-go? 

The show was never that strong but it used to work as an ensemble lately that's just doesn't seem to be the way it's going; this will probably be my last season sporadically. And it might be the shows as well.

4 hours ago, Jlina said:

I think the Romantic aspect is messing up the EQ vs. IQ function of Paige for one thing, she should have caught it if nothing else as that is her job function, not mired in longing glances and relationship goals!

it really pisses me off that they messed with Cabe! 

I know I missed almost a whole season of the show at one point but it just doesn't seem to have the heart that it used to when say Sylvester was with Megan.

The Geniuses without the kid seem to be kind of lost and Paige going on these these life-threatening Adventures without the kid seems totally out of character. Somehow the heart of the show is missing even though the whole show is dealing with matters of the heart supposedly.

The fact that the guy could play them is just pitiful. But I'm wondering if the whole thing might have been a setup for from the new boss to get Cabe from the get-go? 

The show was never that strong but it used to work as an ensemble lately that's just doesn't seem to be the way it's going; this will probably be my last season sporadically. And it might be the shows as well.

The heart has been long gone and now I am too.

• Love 1

I just could not get past the stupid. For one thing -- they are in the far north. It has to be FREEZING. Yet they don't have their hoods pulled up, wear no hats (or gloves most of the time), and just don't act like it is cold at all. I understand that TPTB don't want to hide the actors' faces, but it just doesn't work in that environment. They'd all have frostbite -- and the ones who fell into the water would be suffering a LOT more.

It's gotten to the point where you can't suspend your disbelief anymore -- you just have to blast it with a rocket launcher.

Also, just not fun anymore. I think I'm out.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, LucidDreamer said:

I just could not get past the stupid. For one thing -- they are in the far north. It has to be FREEZING. Yet they don't have their hoods pulled up, wear no hats (or gloves most of the time), and just don't act like it is cold at all. I understand that TPTB don't want to hide the actors' faces, but it just doesn't work in that environment. They'd all have frostbite -- and the ones who fell into the water would be suffering a LOT more.

It's gotten to the point where you can't suspend your disbelief anymore -- you just have to blast it with a rocket launcher.

Right! Not to mention they must have beamed themselves home again. I heard one of them say something about "today" indicating everything that took place was that recent, yet there they were back at their office. 

So, Ralph....who keeps him when Paige is so far away? I know they can't show everything, but a mention? 

Yeah this show is so far out as to never be believable, but I like it. 

On 10/3/2017 at 2:09 AM, Kilcanon said:

I figured Collins was playing the team.

I thought that last week, then thought maybe not before realizing it was a 2 parter.  Then I knew for sure, especially when Cabe took off the ankle bracelet.  It is ridiculous that Collins pulled one off on four geniuses and one experienced FBI agent; it makes them all look dumb.  I suppose we're supposed to think it's because Scorpion cared enough about the world or something, but I don't like it.  It's like the show figured they needed an antagonist for the team, which only makes sense if he's never caught, which makes them look dumb.

Paige mentioning Cabe's girlfriend, then of course his arrest, makes me worry (again) that they want him off to the show.

Not a fan of this one.  Happy and Toby are still cute together though and Sylvester is a sweetheart.

• Love 1

I thought they were more or less in the middle of nowhere when it comes to walking. Wouldn't Collins die of something being alone out there with no food or shelter? Also, this show has really upped the stupid, but that is something they tend to do the first episode of the season, then it goes back to normal (which is to say a lower level of stupid/slightly higher level of believability).

15 hours ago, illini1959 said:

So, Ralph....who keeps him when Paige is so far away? I know they can't show everything, but a mention? 

I think they mentioned that he stays with a neighbor, but that was in another episode. 

• Love 2

He stole a vehicle so the walking distance didn't really matter. We know he speaks Russian but does he speak Norwegian? Sure he escaped, with no money or ID. So genius or no, seems he's in a tricky position unless he'd also prearranged more resources for himself.

• Love 1

I don't usually comment on the show because it is what it is and I can generally let my peeves go. This episode bugged though. Norway, Sweden, Finland and Russia are all geographically close to the extinction event and all four countries were oblivious to the event, and not dispatching their scientists and military to investigate?  It never occurred to Team Scorpion to ask the Russians for help?

Were the writers confusing Norway with Finland, which does share a border with Russia?  Norway is separated from Russia by Finland and Sweden, how could a Russian spa to be that close to Norway?  Happy's missile would cross two or more sovereign airspaces before striking anything in Norway. The entirety of Scandinavia would be on high alert. 

• Love 1