Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Drogo

S16.E09: A Little Avant Garde

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, leighdear said:

Look at this jacket.  The shortcuts are that they don't actually make them.  To me, there is NO WAY that either twin would be constructing the jacket then cutting the leather designs and sewing them onto the jackets.  They MIGHT have come up with the original applique designs, but I refuse to believe that they make the base jacket and then hand-piece and sew the designs on the back.  I just don't.  I think they buy the individual jackets wholesale and have someone outsourced to do all the embellishment labor.   4 to 6 weeks for production means somebody else is doing all the work. 

https://shockandawww.com/collections/mens/products/concrete-jungle-leather-bomber

And yes, these views a just my opinion, based on watching these 2 cheating cheaters who cheat.  

The Shock and Awww site proclaims:

Watch our Creative Directors, Shawn and Claire Buitendorp, on Project Runway, every Thursday at 9pm on Lifetime

Not this Thursday, BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

(sorry)

Why on earth would anyone give their company a name that calls to mind the Iraq war?

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post

10 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

 

I think this is an absolute horror show

 

The hat is over the top, but the rest of it looks fine.  Remember, many runway looks are not meant to ever be worn exactly as they are shown.  Production models will be very pared down.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, gingerandcloves said:

I definitely think the twins should have been warned before that of the constant helping and the blatant copying.

Why should they have been warned?  Surely, they signed the same contract/rules the others did.

  • Like 22

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, millennium said:

The Shock and Awww site proclaims:

 

Quote

Watch our Creative Directors, Shawn and Claire Buitendorp, on Project Runway, every Thursday at 9pm on Lifetime

If they're calling themselves 'creative directors' then the odds of them actually sewing their stuff go way down. They're 'directors'; they may not even be doing the actual design, let alone the construction and --it's been said before--there's no way in hell they made those leather jackets. The contestants whose sewing skills don't include zippers making leather garments?  Love the S&A garments or hate the things, working with leather calls for a special set of sewing skills and those embellishments were too well done for me to believe for a second that the twins made them. Conceive of them after seeing some similar stuff elsewhere? I'd accept that idea, but come up with those jackets themselves? The peddlers of the hoodies with lettering and pants with crotch sayings? Oh please.

I'm calling BS.

And BTW, there's an article in the PR in the Media thread about Harvey Weinstein's problems possibly affecting PR. I believe it said that he was a major owner of the show and I'm guessing meetings are happening about what's going to happen going forward.

Edited by Beden
  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
20 hours ago, pinguina said:

The runway was fine.  Just some thoughts:

Regarding Claire's blatant rip-offs throughout this season (along with her sister!!!) I have something about that.  In the season of Kelsey, she made a dress - it was really good.  Yet, Kelsey was in the bottom.  The judges told her it was tooo close of a copy of a recent (at the time) show by a famous designer (can't remember name).  She said she'd never seen his work, but the judges still chastised her because they said she should keep current to what others are doing SO that there would be no copying.  Kelsey got scolded for copying without even realizing that she was copying.  And now??? Claire gets, "Well, we get influenced by the people whose work we are seeing." And apparently that is okay now.

Although I really don't care for Brandon's aesthetic (I do think he is a very nice person with a go with the flow vibe) I kind of liked what he did.  However, he did not do what the challenge required and should have been on the bottom.  This happened with the guy who got caught with the pattern books.  In one challenge he clearly made a beautiful dress.  Seriously, a great dress!  Here comes the "But" , but he did not design or include a dog outfit to go with the dress. He made a cloth collar to go around the dog's neck.  So he was in the bottom, he was declared safe due to the great dress he made.  The judges told him that if he had included a dog outfit, he would have won.

I thought that Ayana should have won.  It met the perimeters of the challenge and it looked good (Liris did a great job selling it!!).  I did like Margaria's - as others have said it gave a princess vibe without being princessy.

I loved Kentaro's simplicity and yet it was striking in my opinion.

Bhatana (sp?) made a terrible design!  I really like her but what she made was awful (coming from a person who thinks a shirt with buttons and jeans is dressy enough).  And poor Amy!  I really wanted to like what she made but it was not cheerful nor exciting nor fun which is what Shopkins are (or so I am told by my second graders!) I like her too but yeah, she had to go.

And just one more humble opinion - although, we may not like how Margarita and Michael handled the whole Claire situation, I have to give them a benefit of a doubt.  They did speak up, as did others to producers apparently regarding the twins'  "helping" each other, clearly copying their own clothes as well as others (Addidas, the model's outfit) and were disregarded.  I really think the producers wanted a blow up of some kind, and Michael gave it them.  Margarita and Michael both felt bad about Claire but she did it to herself because she did the cheating not them.  So we might not like or agree as to how they handled the whole thing, the bottom line is that Claire cheated.

.

You are so right! I had completely forgotten about this. Michael Kors and Nina Garcia criticized Kenley Collins for making an Alexander McQueen knock-off. 

And Heidi told Keith Michael that he might have won, but he did not fully complete the task by making an outfit for the dog. 

I wonder when they decided to change the rules and if they ever told the contestants.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

A cheating scandal and a double elimination?! This episode was jam packed with the drama.

I wasn't expecting Margarita and Michael's protests to lead to Claire's elimination, but then the tape measure came up so it was only fair that she was eliminated. I didn't feel that Claire's apology for cheating was sincere though like most of her and her sister's behavior throughout the season. 

I actually did feel bad for Margarita and Michael because I don't think they intended for it to blow up the way it did at the judging panel, but it seemed that it was something that they wanted to speak up about for a while now.

For the Shopkins challenge, my favorite looks were Michael, Margarita, and Kenya's, but I thought that Ayana's look was going to win. Batani's design looked unfinished and like a bunch of scraps thrown together so I agree with her elimination. I didn't think Amy would get eliminated too, but her design was very plain.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

44 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

You are so right! I had completely forgotten about this. Michael Kors and Nina Garcia criticized Kenley Collins for making an Alexander McQueen knock-off. 

And Heidi told Keith Michael that he might have won, but he did not fully complete the task by making an outfit for the dog. 

I wonder when they decided to change the rules and if they ever told the contestants.

Nothing has changed.  You are not kicked off the show for making something close to a famous designer.  That is not cheating, breaking a rule is.  Claire was booted because she had a tape measure, paper and pen.  Not because she was copying clothes from others, a designer or her closet. 

I remember Kenley's white dress with a feather skirt that was a lot like McQueen. I liked a Kenley and her pèrsonal style. 

Edited by wings707
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Jobiska said:

Kentaro was definitely full of beans this episode, what with the Sauna-to-Santa progression, trying on the ruffle-bow dress, and just generally.  I wonder if he was feeling the general lightness of being free of the cheater (I think they all were) and this is how it came out in him.  

I wasn't a fan of the twins before this episode...but the change in vibe of the work room makes me wonder how awful they really were...the fact that she stood on the runway oblivious that anyone had an issue with her means a lot.  

Her and her sister seem to be a walking "millennial" stereotype...self absorbed and entitled, may never have heard the word "no" let alone be criticized.

Full disclosure I think this stereotype (like all of them) is BS....at least the ones I work with currently.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/13/2017 at 3:45 AM, SuburbanHangSuite said:

Ha!  Great minds think alike!  I ain't gonna lie---I had to Google his name.

SuburbanHangSuite...you're a Maxwell fan I take it ?

I don't think I've ever seen so many red posts on this board or even on our dearly departed TwoP. One even had 99 likes at last count. This episode pushed some buttons lol.

SingleMaltBlonde beat me to it but...Although I wasn't a fan of the twins I never like to see people ganged up on. While Claire wasn't "ganged up" on per se, it seemed like she was genuinely surprised that every other contestant had a problem with her. I'm the type of broad to bring my issue to you first before I go to any authority so I get Margarita's reaction.

The  twins were probably so caught up with each other they didn't have a good read on how they were preceived by the others. I actually feel sorry for them being home watching this season and the talking heads. Lord knows they should stay away from social media and damn sure not this board lol.

Edited by Negritude · Reason: SingleMaltBlonde beat me to it
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I got the impression that Claire and Shawn never have a good read on how other people perceive them. Based on their behavior I saw on the show, I don't think they ever give it even a first thought because how could anyone not love them? I don't think it occurs to them to wonder what other people think about them.

  • Like 24

Share this post


Link to post

I just finished watching "The Beguiled." Back in Civil War days, they used "indeed" quite a bit. I couldn't help but smile whenever I heard it. Indeed.

So happy we can just get on with the show now. 

What was Batani thinking with her color combo? Her design was horrid, but the blue with the prints? Hideous.

...today I was at Kohl's...guess what I saw while walking past the junior section? A gray sweatshirt with slits at the sleeve seams. I've never, ever seen that before! So revolutionary! So amazing!

I agree with the posters who question what the twins bring to their company as "creative directors." The twins aren't designers. Claire has some sewing talent, but they are simply embellishers. They don't even bedazzle the stuff themselves, I'm sure. They come up with lame-ass ugly embellishment ideas and someone else does the work. They use the most basic shapes for their garments, then cut a slit here, cut a slit there and glue on some crap. Like other posters said, I can imagine them buying pre-made garments to "shock and awe" them. Even Katy Perry's dress was basic. 

Edited by jackjill89
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
48 minutes ago, wings707 said:

Nothing has changed.  You are not kicked off the show for making something close to a famous designer.  That is not cheating, breaking a rule is.  Claire was booted because she had a tape measure, paper and pen.  Not because she was copying clothes from others, a designer or her closet. 

I remember Kenley's white dress with a feather skirt that was a lot like McQueen. I liked a Kenley and her pèrsonal style. 

No, you're not kicked off, but they kind of scolded Kenley, whereas now they are defending Claire, reminding them that designers inspire one another. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

I watched that Behind the Seams with Shawn and Claire and I call bull on Claire's rationalization that they are using models of all different sizes so how is measuring her own personal garments going to help (if a model is a totally different size)? I'd think it would help with the proportions of the garment.  I'm not a designer or sewer, but I'd think you could measure yourself, let's say waist to crotch, then measure waist to crotch on the pants you're wearing, then figure, "Well, if I'm xx inches from waist to crotch and my pants are xx inches waist to crotch, then my model who is xx inches from waist to crotch should have her pants be measured xx from waist to crotch." Or it would help with the sizing of pieces that are attached to each other. I'm curious if those of you who sew think this is valid.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
45 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

No, you're not kicked off, but they kind of scolded Kenley, whereas now they are defending Claire, reminding them that designers inspire one another. 

I wonder if the "defending Claire" will continue when we see more "facts" come out.

Share this post


Link to post
45 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

No, you're not kicked off, but they kind of scolded Kenley, whereas now they are defending Claire, reminding them that designers inspire one another. 

Kenley's dress was so close that it was glaring.  And just recently on the runway. 

Claire was copying others and items from her own wardrobe.  They were not aware or didn t  mention the zip shoulder rip off.  They were defending her right to be inspired by anothers work. 

There is a slight difference.  But neither are an offense that gets you booted. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Steph619 said:

 I didn't feel that Claire's apology for cheating was sincere though like most of her and her sister's behavior throughout the season. 

 

Wait. What apology?

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Steph619 said:

I didn't feel that Claire's apology for cheating was sincere..

When did she apologize?  It certainly wasn't on the show I watched.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

2 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

No, you're not kicked off, but they kind of scolded Kenley, whereas now they are defending Claire, reminding them that designers inspire one another. 

That was my point regarding Kenley (I misspelled and wrote Kesley in my original post).  Not that she was disqualified or kicked off.  But that she was scolded or chastised for having a design that was sooo similar to someone else's design.   The judges have commended designers who are inspired by and give a hint of someone's design, style or an era of clothing without it actually being a direct copy.  Claire's designs (as well as her sister's) seemed to be almost an exact copy of something that someone had or that they/she saw.  Yet the judges seemed oblivious and actually seemed to say, "Hey, it's okay to blatantly rip off someone else." 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

A few seasons ago, Tim Gunn was posting blunt assessments of the episodes and contestants on his Facebook page. It. was. awesome. I really wish we could hear from him now. They have also taken away the snarky blogs from prior contestants on the PR website. It seems like they have really clamped down on anyone saying much from an insider's perspective. I appreciate Amy speaking somewhat candidly on her interview. I am really hoping that Tim brings her back next week with his save. If he doesn't use it soon, he will lose it.

I think Michael Kohrs would have come down harder on the twins for copying styles and patterns. Wasn't he the one who came down so hard on Kenley for her feather dress? 

Kentaro is my absolute favorite contestant in a long, long time. He is adorable, yet uber-talented. I think this season will be one of the more memorable ones. For me, Season 4 with Christian Siriano, Rami,  and Chris March has always been my favorite. Now that we're free of the Twins, I can enjoy the talented designers who are left.  

p.s.  Please bring back Amy. ty

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post

Oh, AppleCore!  I miss Christian Siriano, Austin Scarlett, and Chris March so much.   CHRIS MARCH!!!!   Jay McCarroll, Mondo, Santiano.   These guys were good TV and FABULOUS DESIGNERS!   Kentaro comes close, but I don't think we're getting the great new designers anymore.

Edited by Former Nun
  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, HZAnita said:

In all the seasons I've watched (and I've watched them all), Batani was the happiest auf'ed contestant I've ever seen at the beginning of the episode.  In fact, I think she was so happy that she purposely created that monstrosity so that she could be auf'ed again.  She probably ran out of that studio so fast she didn't even get the, "You haven't seen the last of me" montage!

Batani has a beautiful smile. 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, SingleMaltBlonde said:

Her and her sister seem to be a walking "millennial" stereotype...self absorbed and entitled, may never have heard the word "no" let alone be criticized.

Full disclosure I think this stereotype (like all of them) is BS....at least the ones I work with currently.

thank you for adding the second sentence. I have two millennial children myself, and I absolutely hate the stereotype. But you're right, they do seem to fit it pretty well.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
22 hours ago, gingerandcloves said:

Claire has no remorse, and doesn't think she cheated: http://www.mylifetime.com/shows/project-runway/playlist/season-16-behind-the-seams

 

Yes, unbelievable !!! And Shawn telling Katie about their jackets !!!! #noShameAtAll

(So, according to their working ethic, I'm a "creative director" too ! Cool ! I learnt something today, lol !)
ETA : this model is just to illustrate the similarity in the "creative" process between the "PR Twins" and me, as the "nobody-who-cares-next-door girl"... I wanted to do an "architectural perspective" on the back of a jacket -I have a few here-  so I went on the web, trying to find an example of what I had in my head, I found it, recreated it and put it on the back of this jacket...

archi.png

Edited by Diane Mars
  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

9 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

I watched that Behind the Seams with Shawn and Claire and I call bull on Claire's rationalization that they are using models of all different sizes so how is measuring her own personal garments going to help (if a model is a totally different size)? I'd think it would help with the proportions of the garment.  I'm not a designer or sewer, but I'd think you could measure yourself, let's say waist to crotch, then measure waist to crotch on the pants you're wearing, then figure, "Well, if I'm xx inches from waist to crotch and my pants are xx inches waist to crotch, then my model who is xx inches from waist to crotch should have her pants be measured xx from waist to crotch." Or it would help with the sizing of pieces that are attached to each other. I'm curious if those of you who sew think this is valid.

Yup, that's pretty much it, though clearly adjustments would have to be accounted if you're going from, say, size 2 to size 16 or whatever. But , though it wasn't brought up that I saw, in addition to measuring it would obviously have been a very small step to checking out the actual seaming and shaping of the various pattern pieces which made up those pants or top; how the pockets were set in, where the pleats were placed, what ruching was involved. All of those details which, while seemingly minor, can make or break a design.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, rhys said:

Wait. What apology?

I watch Judge Judy every day.  Whenever one of the litigants uses the phrase "it is what it is" in the interview after the case, it feels like they're saying, "I was wrong, I knew it, but I got caught."  So as soon as Claire said, "It is what it is," I yelled BINGO!!!!

ETA:  When they said their website was now getting an amazing amount of traffic, I remembered that "My Sisterwives Closet" got a lot of traffic in the beginning when the TV show "Sisterwives" mentioned it with every episode.  The problem is, it was drive-by traffic.  Nobody was stopping to buy.  Window shopping doesn't bring in any money.  But their currency seems to be measured in attention, not cash . . . so they're probably happy anyway.

Edited by AZChristian
  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
25 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

I watch Judge Judy every day.  Whenever one of the litigants uses the phrase "it is what it is" in the interview after the case, it feels like they're saying, "I was wrong, I knew it, but I got caught."  So as soon as Claire said, "It is what it is," I yelled BINGO!!!!

Yes!  Great observation.  But I have a funny story about "It is what it is."  My kid has been bringing home math homework where it's not enough for you just to solve the problem---they want you to "explain" or "justify" your answer.  I get so frustrated helping him because I'm like, "How are we supposed to explain that 635,435 + 198,612 = 834,047???  It just is what it is!"  So jokingly, I told my son to write that as his explanation. It cracked him up.  I feel like he should receive full credit for that answer too.  Claire?  Not so much.

10 hours ago, wings707 said:

Claire missed the point. What she was measuring was not up for debate!  You are not allowed to have a tape measure in your room at all, you self absorbed  twat. 

This is about as concise as you can get.  Well done.

11 hours ago, Negritude said:

SuburbanHangSuite...you're a Maxwell fan I take it ?

I don't fan out as a rule but everyone has their kryptonite. 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
47 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

I watch Judge Judy every day.  Whenever one of the litigants uses the phrase "it is what it is" in the interview after the case, it feels like they're saying, "I was wrong, I knew it, but I got caught."  So as soon as Claire said, "It is what it is," I yelled BINGO!!!!

ETA:  When they said their website was now getting an amazing amount of traffic, I remembered that "My Sisterwives Closet" got a lot of traffic in the beginning when the TV show "Sisterwives" mentioned it with every episode.  The problem is, it was drive-by traffic.  Nobody was stopping to buy.  Window shopping doesn't bring in any money.  But their currency seems to be measured in attention, not cash . . . so they're probably happy anyway.

Morbid curiosity is driving the traffic.  That is why I checked it out.  

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, wings707 said:

Morbid curiosity is driving the traffic.  That is why I checked it out.  

And in real traffic situation, we call them "lookey loos."  They are not stopping . . . just passing by to look at the mayhem. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

20 hours ago, leighdear said:

Look at this jacket.  The shortcuts are that they don't actually make them.  To me, there is NO WAY that either twin would be constructing the jacket then cutting the leather designs and sewing them onto the jackets.  They MIGHT have come up with the original applique designs, but I refuse to believe that they make the base jacket and then hand-piece and sew the designs on the back.  I just don't.  I think they buy the individual jackets wholesale and have someone outsourced to do all the embellishment labor.   4 to 6 weeks for production means somebody else is doing all the work. 

https://shockandawww.com/collections/mens/products/concrete-jungle-leather-bomber

And yes, these views a just my opinion, based on watching these 2 cheating cheaters who cheat.  

I absolutely agree.  They send the design to China and it is put on a jacket that they also make right there.  

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, Former Nun said:

Oh, AppleCore!  I miss Christian Siriano, Austin Scarlett, and Chris March so much.   CHRIS MARCH!!!!   Jay McCarroll, Mondo, Santiano.   These guys were good TV and FABULOUS DESIGNERS!   Kentaro comes close, but I don't think we're getting the great new designers anymore.

I think Kentaro would have held his own in Bravo seasons.  There is something to be said about the energy in a room helping you achieve vs a negative atmosphere holding you back.  I love all you mentioned and will add Laura to the list of standouts.  Even those we didn't like were better!  Seriously.  It was so much fun to hate Wendy Pepper!  

22 minutes ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

I notice that under the first jacket description it says, "Due to increased demand..." I wonder if that is true. 

Marketing ploy to explain a delay in filling your order.  

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
30 minutes ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

I notice that under the first jacket description it says, "Due to increased demand..." I wonder if that is true. 

Oh sure.  Because who WOULDN'T want to spend $3250.00 on an eye-poppingly ugly jacket that looks like a coked-out costume designer's idea of a cross between Miami Vice and Sons of Anarchy? 

  • Like 17

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, jrlr said:

Oh sure.  Because who WOULDN'T want to spend $3250.00 on an eye-poppingly ugly jacket that looks like a coked-out costume designer's idea of a cross between Miami Vice and Sons of Anarchy? 

LMAO!! 

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, wings707 said:

I absolutely agree.  They send the design to China and it is put on a jacket that they also make right there.  

 This is how I do it ^_^

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, Seelouis said:

Her protests make no sense. If it wasn’t helpful to her to measure her own clothes, then why was she doing it?  Obviously she was getting some benefit from it or she wouldn’t have done it.  

These Cheatin' Twins have probably covered for each other and lied to their parents from the time they could smile.  They continued their shenanigans throughout their 30+years and it will continue.  They're just sneaky and dishonest.  I hope their hometown loves 'em because we don't.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, pinguina said:

That was my point regarding Kenley (I misspelled and wrote Kesley in my original post).  Not that she was disqualified or kicked off.  But that she was scolded or chastised for having a design that was sooo similar to someone else's design.   The judges have commended designers who are inspired by and give a hint of someone's design, style or an era of clothing without it actually being a direct copy.  Claire's designs (as well as her sister's) seemed to be almost an exact copy of something that someone had or that they/she saw.  Yet the judges seemed oblivious and actually seemed to say, "Hey, it's okay to blatantly rip off someone else." 

Exactly. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Former Nun said:

These Cheatin' Twins have probably covered for each other and lied to their parents from the time they could smile.  They continued their shenanigans throughout their 30+years and it will continue.  They're just sneaky and dishonest.  I hope their hometown loves 'em because we don't.

I suspect their hometown does not love the twins, but I'd love to hear someone who's from there tell us how they are regarded.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Claire absolutely should have been eliminated for cheating.  She knew the rules and broke one.  Bye!

What bothered me about Margarita was her behavior in the workroom.   She complained about Claire stealing her design, went to everyone but Claire to talk about it and let herself get derailed in the process.  I'm more of a "if you have something to say about someone, say it to that someone" kind of person.  Claire did not end up using that top and yet Margarita was still blaming her for M's own inability to stay on track.

Michael also could have gone to Claire with his accusations of cheating and didn't. What bothered me the most is that when Claire was trying to leave, he grabbed her wrist and Claire literally was trying to dislodge from his grip.  That wasn't cool.  

The whole mess could have and should have been handled better but the producers wanted drama and they got it.  I just want to see good clothes.

Ayana should have won, IMHO.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, jrlr said:

I suspect their hometown does not love the twins, but I'd love to hear someone who's from there tell us how they are regarded.

I'm from the area. No love lost here. People who watch the show are quite ashamed of their behavior and the cheating. Gives us a bad name!

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post

35 minutes ago, SopranoKris said:

Gives us a bad name!

Not to worry.  I don't know Harvey Weinstein's hometown...let alone blame even one of those citizens.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
21 hours ago, HZAnita said:

In all the seasons I've watched (and I've watched them all), Batani was the happiest auf'ed contestant I've ever seen at the beginning of the episode.  In fact, I think she was so happy that she purposely created that monstrosity so that she could be auf'ed again.  She probably ran out of that studio so fast she didn't even get the, "You haven't seen the last of me" montage!

Not sure if this has been addressed anywhere, but did we ever see the scene of Batani crying hysterically (with other contestants comforting her) that was featured prominently in the season preview? I assumed it would be from her elimination, but as you noted, she seemed far from broken up about that!

I don't have much to add to the cheating scandal. Re: the challenge, I think (as a few others have noted) that Ayana was robbed. I'm usually not a fan of her aesthetic, and she's the last person I would have expected to thrive in an avante-garde challenge, but that was the only truly striking piece on the runway and seemed to best meet the challenge parameters. I thought she was the weakest of the remaining designers, but now I actually see her as a dark horse. I also think that, after Kentaro, she's the most likable one there.

The biggest laugh-out-loud moment for me was this exchange between Kenya and her Shopkins kid:

Kid: It needs to be fierce

Kenya: You know what would be cool… How about if it went like this? (sketching)

Kid: What’s that?

Kenya: A jacket.

Kid: That looks so weird.

Kenya: You’re not seeing the vision?

Kid: No, I’m not.

Kenya: You’re not seeing it?

Kid: No.

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

I notice that under the first jacket description it says, "Due to increased demand..." I wonder if that is true. 

Technically speaking, that could mean that somebody actually tried to order one jacket. That would qualify as an increased demand.

  • Like 18

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/13/2017 at 2:13 PM, wings707 said:

They are made by Moose Toys out of Australia.  I think they are trying to make them happen here in time for Christmas thus the product placement. 

Oh, they're happening here!  I worked as Mrs. Claus at an amusement park for Christmas season 2015.  I could tell in advance exactly what every 6 year old girl who sat on Santa's lap was going to ask for... SHOPKINS!  I had to go home and look them up because that was easily the most requested girls' toy of the season.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Beden said:

With respect, I disagree about this and others here who have complained about the other designers choice to not call out the twins until it had become the proverbial final straw. Evidently several did complain to the producers and were ignored or their complaints were back burnered. Coming down on Michael and Margarita strikes me as a form of blaming the victims. It was they and all the other designers, throughout the entire season so far, who were cheated out of possible rightful wins and higher placings. They had no obligation to confront the twins, went to the authorities to handle things and weren't given they credit they deserved in having their complaints addressed.

JMO, but it seems like blaming the kid who got bullied, told the teacher and the teacher decides to let it ride, leaving the bullies to continue.

100 LIKES!  I absolutely agree.  

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
58 minutes ago, Beden said:

With respect, I disagree about this and others here who have complained about the other designers choice to not call out the twins until it had become the proverbial final straw. Evidently several did complain to the producers and were ignored or their complaints were back burnered. Coming down on Michael and Margarita strikes me as a form of blaming the victims. It was they and all the other designers, throughout the entire season so far, who were cheated out of possible rightful wins and higher placings. They had no obligation to confront the twins, went to the authorities to handle things and weren't given they credit they deserved in having their complaints addressed.

JMO, but it seems like blaming the kid who got bullied, told the teacher and the teacher decides to let it ride, leaving the bullies to continue.

NOTE TO Mrs. Hadid-Foster-Hadid.   Does this help you understand how reckless your comments were?

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

NOTE TO Mrs. Hadid-Foster-Hadid.   Does this help you understand how reckless your comments were?

High five! 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size