Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E08: Client On The Go

Drogo
  • Start Topic

33 minutes ago, AudreyHorne said:

I think Michael was saying that Claire took some existing pants (either what she was currently wearing or something she'd packed) into a bathroom and measured them to pattern the pants she made for her client.  If that's true, then that would be cheating.  I am unclear how Michael came to know this.  I'm not sure if he was an eyewitness or if someone staying the women's apartment told him.

I'm a huge Project Runway apologist, but I'm going to need to call shenanigans on two things:

1- I've never missed an episode of this show and so I'm pretty good at picking the top and bottom based not only on my own tastes but also what the judges will like.  I was more certain than I've ever been that Kentaro would win this one.  I think Claire was picked as the winner to deliberately stir up this shit storm.  Kentaro would have been SO CLEARLY the winner on any other episode that didn't have this drama going on in the background.

2- If Marguerita and Michael were speaking about this to each other in the workroom, ON CAMERA, the day before, why didn't a producer say or do anything to investigate this before the runway?  They wanted the drama for the runway and manufactured Claire's win to get it.

It was so glaringly obvious, especially with Heidi insisting, "No, really, tell us what happened in the workroom?" because she KNOWS what transpired in the workroom and just wanted a good bloodletting.

It's a shame the other designers even made an effort, because that $25,000 check had Claire's name on it before a single look hit the runway.

• Love 16
53 minutes ago, sheetmoss said:

When I saw Kentaro's ensemble on the model I thought of Endora from Bewitched

OMG, yes!  I have been liking Kentaro's designs, but not this one.  Perhaps on a different model with a totally different body, but it was just too voluminous and shapless on that little lady.

As much as it pains me to say this, Claire's design probably looked the best on her model.  I do think she started out with something very similar to Margarita's dress from last week, but she ended up with something totally different.  When that became evident Margarita needed to let it go. 

For everybody's sake, I wish that designers would stay away from peplums.  I'm glad Kenya's model liked her design, but something tells me she would have liked it even more without that flounce below her boobs.  It looked like the bra was eating the blouse..  I know the model wanted to look youthful, but that was bringing things into the toddler range.  

Michael's design looked like a costume of some kind.  Like some kind of folk costume.  That fringe (or trim) and that peplum like thing around the back!  Ugh.   

Amy's outfit looked like she was desiging for a remake of 1984.  

Ayana really went off her usual this week.  Same can't be said for Brandon though.  Getting a little tired of the streamers hanging off of everything.  

I'm guessing the drama is not going to work in Michael and Margarita's favor.  First of all a little hard to prove considering it appears whatever was supposed to have happened occurred while Claire was behind a door. 

Finally, I would say a round of applause was in order for Shawn's selfless act of withdrawing for the sake of her sister...except that, in my opinion, it was painfully aware the jig was up regarding her ability to design and create independently.   

Edited by ichbin
grammar
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, avecsans said:

Can we just call Kentaro the winner right now?  I liked his look the best, although it was a little oversized on his petite model, and that beautiful pleating was covered up by the jacket. I really hate the manufactured drama and the cliffhangers.  Margarita is a passive-aggressive pain in the ass. Kenya is a lovely person but holy crap that outfit she made should be burned.  Just hideous.  And as someone who doesn't warm up to new people quickly, I have to say that all the hugging and all the tears between the designers and their models astounds me. I get that creative people are often dramatic, but come on. Kenya knew this woman for several hours, and already thought of her like a mother? Please.  And finally, the twin who won was smart enough (or maybe lucky enough) to come up with the fabric design that was probably the easiest to reproduce onto a coffee cup.  You have to play the game, people.  Or at least you did until Project Runway went full Lifetime channel and all it entails.

All signs seem to be pointing to Claire winning this shit-show, or at least coming in 2nd.   They do this every season, build up a designer nobody can stand and take them right to the end.   Erin Robertson, anyone?   Ashley?   And now Claire has a good sob story to bolster her chances: forcibly separated from her emotionally-conjoined twin who sacrificed herself crying "Spare Claire!", now tasked with winning the competition to make them both whole again. 

Star-Trek-Whom-Gods-Destroy-4.jpg

Edited by millennium
  • Love 13

Who was tha boring gal with saggy hippie clothes that won over Mondo? I think that was the most unfair thing in reality show history. Karma's a bitch since nobody remembers her and Mondo has a successful career

• Love 19

Since this was supposed to be a design for a "woman on the run", I can see why they chose Claire's look over Kentaro's.

I thought it was hilarious when Tim warned Claire not to copy HERSELF with that top. In other words, Margarita, you stole Claire's look with that fugly dress.

Then Marg moves on to talking about Claire measuring her pants in their room? If that's true, why didn't she call her out when it happened? It really doesn't make any sense, when Claire can easily measure her pants onsite. And I'm sure they have no proof, anyway. So it's just a disrespectful smear.

As far as I'm concerned Michael can just walk out the door and never come back. I wish Margarita would too.

• Love 6

There were some horrible prints all around.  Claire won because hers was the only print of the top 3 that would look decent on a Dixie cup.  Kentaro's had a better clothing design (even if I agree with Heidi), but a cup in his print would look leftover from the Boogie Nights set.

• Love 4

Dixie cups, really? I suppose it's better than Red Robin.

I liked Kentaro's design the best and it was the most fashion forward, but Claire's design will look better on a cup.

And Margarita, not raised to throw people under the bus? Then why mention it at all, you know the judges will ask more about it. Also, blaming her bad design on what was going on in the workroom is a poor excuse. You have to get over it.

That said, if Claire was working at night then she should be disqualified. I think it will turn out she was cheating as Tim seemed besides himself in the previews at the beginning of this season, or maybe that was clever editing.

Like others have said, all the drama was so produced. Bad looks with immunity might get a warning in past seasons, but they never end up being judged. And I'm getting sick of these cliffhangers! Do they really have to rely on that now for views?

• Love 9
On 10/5/2017 at 9:51 PM, hoodooznoodooz said:

I'm surprised that there is a word for "Dixie" in Arabic.

She just spelled it phonetically - dksy, basically.  Maybe an extra e/y character between d & k, although it would be a design choice.  I couldn't really see it well enough to tell.  

[edit:  I looked at it more closely - it's d-kh-s-y ]

Edited by akr
too/to correction
  • Love 19

Yet another "cliff-hanger"?

GMAB. 

And yes,  Claire should have won.  Best use of print AND best sense of "on the go."

LOVED Kentaro's amazing  pleating and stunning colors!

HATED Anya's too-short length and too-high slit dress.  

Margarita, she of the erstwhile Mariachi Costume Dress, sees an asymmetrical pattern and somehow thinks she originated it? 

Michael,  he of the Let Me Add 30 Pounds to Your Hips With a Folded Blanket look,  has a breakdown over Claire's win,  because he's been entranced by Whinging Margarita's speaking Spanish with him. He needs to go. 

And peplums (pepli?) need to disappear. 

Over all, I didn't think any designer made a really attractive print.  

ETA: Teutonic Heidi very much dislikes any show of emotion, especially crying.  Tonight's example was "Tears don't need to come; you have immunity." And as a judge, let's just say that Heidi minces no words.

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Love 12

Best line of the night came from a client saying she was a PR superfan who watched episodes several times. “I don’t know if anyone does that anymore...” HA, even the superfans know the show has gone downhill. 

• Love 14
7 hours ago, gingerormaryann said:

I also liked Claire's design.  The best part of the judging was the shock Nina and Zac had when Heidi said she didn't like Kentaro's look. 

That was super interesting.  Nina and Zac are pro-fashion and Heidi is pro-sex or apparently, putting "a small woman" in skimpy clothes.  It was kind of gross.  You listen to the client, you don't try to sexualize them just because they have a smaller frame.  Weird.  It seemed like a very 1980s mentality or something.

7 hours ago, Whodunnit said:

That one outfit definitely had the peplum on the wrong spot, it needed to be, what, 4-6 inches lower?

Sure, but also, as soon as peplum "came out" again I already thought the look was over.  I can't believe how often it's used, again and again!  I'll just never find it a modern looking trend.  It annoyed me so much it's like I've come around back to it again.  I just don't think I'd ever wear it.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 9
10 minutes ago, LadyNebula said:

Can we please stop with the peplums?  Seriously, why are they a thing?  They don't look good on anyone, in any circumstance. Just stop. 

Is there any way to start a national petition to ban it?  I'm thinking it would get a better turnout than the election.

• Love 13
6 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

Effing Dixie Cups??? Unbelievable. Next season it'll be a company that makes vinyl tablecloths or plastic cutlery.

Pantyliners.  Lightbulbs.  Garden hoses.  

20 minutes ago, LadyNebula said:

Can we please stop with the peplums?  Seriously, why are they a thing?  They don't look good on anyone, in any circumstance. Just stop. 

Even the word is horrific.  I vote we do it backwards: smulpep.  Now it sounds like a chip dip for hobbits.  

• Love 12

Since this was supposed to be a design for a "woman on the run", I can see why they chose Claire's look over Kentaro's.

Problem is, Kentaro's client wanted a look (a dress) for a wedding, so not as easy to do "woman on the run" since most women aren't running around during their day with a wedding stuck in the middle of the schedule -- unless the party is just doing a quick something at a courthouse. Weddings are a special, separate event, which people prepare and dress up for. What I fault Kentaro for is immediately jumping to the conclusion that his client *must* want a long dress, and his client -- being rather passive, to my view -- just agreed. Maybe that's what she really wanted, but Kentaro could've easily designed a shorter, cocktail type dress that could've transitioned from a work environment to a dressier environment -- especially since most women guests *do* wear shorter dresses or pantsuits to weddings, unless they're actually in the wedding party. But, I chalked it up to Kentaro not being familiar with all things "western" and not up on what most Americans wear to weddings.

• Love 8

It sounds like a cutesy name for rabbit poo. "Time to clean out Bugsy's cage, you can start by scooping out the peplum."

Margarita. Oy. I get why she was initially angry, but she could have ended it right away by talking to Claire directly instead of launching a whisper campaign behind her back.  

If Claire was doing actual work outside of class time then her sorry cheating ass needs to go home. Those idiot twins are less than half a designer between them.

• Love 16

Why were there so many scenes of Kenya eating? I did think it was fast how she bonded with her model and that they want to do Thanksgiving together. Even after she was given the peplum outfit. I understand that the judges are there to judge but if I was a everyday person-model and they were criticizing the outfit while I was wearing it (especially if I was happy with it) it might hurt my feelings. Good for Kenya's woman who refused to give up her joy. 

• Love 10

Yuck.   Did we really need all that time wasted on the uber drama queens?  Neither of them ever had a chance of winning the competition, they should not even have been selected for the show.  And now Claire gets $25K for the only outfit she did that was kind of cute, nothing really special, but kind of cute. 

Unfortunately, Michael's outfit really was awful in so many ways.  The fit was horrible on his woman.  The print was ok and fashioned differently as a top would have been nice, but those arm holes emphasized her arms, that mess from the waist down looked bulky and did not fit.  Just ugh.

I also thought Amy's was a horrendous mess.  Who on earth wants those flaps down the side? Ugly patterned material, ugly structure.  I like her as a person but have liked nothing she has made and don't understand why she doesn't end up in the bottom 3 most of the time.

Kentaro's was just beautiful and flowed elegantly and she loved it.  Heidi needs to shut up - she wears some of the most unflattering outfits ever.

I also loved the purple number that everyone seems to dislike - simple but flattering.

I agree with others that say that Brandon's all have his signature fabric strings and I just don't get it.  Super nice guy but I don't get his fashion.

• Love 9

I would not have believed the twins could be more annoying than they were on Twinning, but I was wrong. On that show, they were at least separated most of the time, so they could only be individually annoying, whereas here, we got the full enmeshed and codependent deal.

I am perplexed by how they got their jobs. Claire, at least, could be of use in a design house, as she seems to know how to sew. Shawn, not so much.

I will not miss Claire at all, and I hope she is off my screen very soon now.

• Love 4

Is there any way to start a national petition to ban it?  I'm thinking it would get a better turnout than the election.

Peblums aren't fetch and no amount of trying will bring them back.

As to the cheating thing, I got the impression that --however it was discovered, if it was--Clair was using a tape measure to check a pair of pants she owns, secretly, when they weren't supposed to be working--in an effort to recreate the seaming and general construct. I also thought I caught a comment about how she had a pair of pants 'exactly like the ones she made' back at the dorm. Clearly the twins had no problem in copying other designs as shown with Clair making that lumpy sweatshirt with the side zip; a direct steal from a dress she'd worn and her sister stole the model's outfit a week or two ago, though I assume that Claire sewed the thing and knew exactly what she was doing. Everything they've shown has been deeply derivative and unoriginal. The judges, especially Zac, seemed to be cluing in.

If that's all true (and that's an 'if') then they/she was working illegally during down time and copying garments. Also, while we've previously seen people take a measurement off some other garment, it should be assumed that they can use a models written measurements to make a garment fit so the only reason to do what they seemingly allege is to copy seaming and patterning. That would be as illegal as having pattern books hidden under the bed.

But since we were just given cryptic hints and little else, we'll see next week.

• Love 12

I also had to rewind to try and figure out what Claire had done.  From the way they kept zeroing in on the grey and white Dixie cups (with stylish yellow flower) in the break room I thought maybe she copied her pattern from an existing cup.  But then I realized it was just product placement.  

PS, in the late 80s, when I was thin, but with a big chest and a short waist, I had a couple of outfits with a dropped waist, and a non-fussy peplum, that looked fabulous on me.  But as someone now whose look is closer to that poor woman, I screamed NO when I saw the peplum under that poor woman's breast line.  

Edited by Thalia
  • Love 8

cinsays, It remains to be seen if Claire wins, so the past tense of "Neither of them ever had a chance" can apply only to Shawn.

Re: Heidi and her "All I see is fabric!" for Kentaro's gown---She has a line of undergarments. She has spoken of her family's in-house nudism. She walks her "show more skin" talk. And she is European. I don't share it, but that's her thing: Less is more. 

• Love 1

Frankly, it was dumb to have an ‘on the go’ theme, then have a client say she wanted a dress for a wedding. Those two things don’t go together. It seemed like the designers mostly ignored that theme and just made something their clients requested. Except for Michael, who thoughtfully included an emergency blanket as part of his look. That could come in handy when you’re on the go. 

• Love 22

Well its all mostly been said here, agree with all.

I don't understand how PR could have known ahead of time that the designers were so totally boring this season and so would need the twin drama followed by the cheating drama but seriously..it just seems like they are desperate and went back and manufactured stuff.  

This has got to be the most boring bunch of designers on PR. Brandan is a little different but his stuff looks the same all the time. Kentaro seems like the one with the most growth potential? Maybe? Kenya, love you but I've been saying - quit running to the peplum! I can't figure out if its a response to time pressure that causes that or lack of ideas. I know when I'm under pressure my brain quits working. 

The Margherita cheating thing - what happened there? The twins shirt might have looked like her dress a little initially but looked nothing like it in the end so.....why did ? run off stage? She didn't put a copy down the runway. You can't fault her for copying. It was a totally conventional shirt!

I guess I missed the whole copying the pant thing.  

And please *****, I saw a dress with that side front design on tv a few weeks ago, so its not like it as some new innovative thing on your part. You didn't come up with anything new Miss Margherita. 

So.............no one got auf'ed this episode?

• Love 4
10 hours ago, Sprockets said:

Claire should never have won the round.  Her outfit was so so ordinary.  The judges even said they'd seen it before.  Kentaro produced a masterpiece.  He was the clear winner by a mile, IMO.  

I don't know how you look at Claire's basic Macy's separates next to Kentaro's dress and declare Claire's better, I really don't. 

There was entirely too much crying from the twins. This isn't The Hunger Games. Jesus Christ. Maybe Shawn was upset that she couldn't hide behind her sister anymore.

Kenya's peplum was awful - the proportions were all wrong. I love that the model clearly adored it, but no.

• Love 18

I can picture Christian Siriano giving that peplum in a passive-agressive manner to a client he hated...but otherwise peplums are no good for anyone.

I guess I turned it off too soon...did not realize they named a winner...

• Love 2

I don't have a twin sister, but if I did, I doubt we'd be calling each other "babe" all the time.

The clients were all a very pleasant group of people. And I agree that Maggie Gyllenhaal will one day look like Kenya's client. 

Did they give everyone Dixie labels, or did Kentaro somehow create one (cutting out the logo from a Dixie cup?) and attach it to his garment? If the latter, very cute.

I liked what I think was a fabric-covered button on Brandon's garment, but the rest was just the same as his previous designs.

I wish Tim did not interrupt their work each episode to tell them that they have one hour to send their models to the hair and Avon makeup salon, blah, blah... If it's just because they are contractually obligated to promote Avon and JCP, he could still announce it, without making them stop working or come back from the Brother sewing room. 

Did anyone see Zac making all these head movements while Nina was chastising someone?

14 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

Kenya's peplum was awful - the proportions were all wrong. I love that the model clearly adored it, but no.

7 minutes ago, Bebecat said:

I can picture Christian Siriano giving that peplum in a passive-agressive manner to a client he hated...but otherwise peplums are no good for anyone.

Kenya did warn us in her application video, I think, that she looooves peplums. 

• Love 2
11 hours ago, mwell345 said:

And now we have.....drumroll...the Dixie Cup Challenge?

When that chick came in and said she was from Dixie I assumed that was some clothing chain that I was unfamiliar with.  But, no.  Dixie. Cups.   

I actually liked Claire's outfit and would wear it myself, but Nina was right--it was hardly fashion forward.  Michael, Kenya and Batani made absolute messes.  Kenya's was especially horrid.   I LOVED Kentaro's! The colors, the draping, the back pleats - so beautiful.  I also really liked Amy's shirt. I wish she'd get some recognition at some point.

As far as the drama--those first 15 minutes were so embarrassing.  The crying, flailing, whining.  Bye, Shawn.   I sure hope that there's a bit ,more to the "cheating" than what we've been told so far.  I had a hard time understanding what exactly Margarita was saying about Claire having pants and a measuring tape in her room.  And Marg--if you stand there and say you weren't raised to throw people under the bus you're practically begging people to ask what's going on so let's stop pretending. 

• Love 10

When you miss Wendy Pepper, you know this show has become a disaster.  

The camera zoomed in on 2 black and white striped to go cups in the break room.  Lol.  A clue Dixie did not approve Clair's print. 

Michael mentioned Claire  had similar pants in her room.  Wonder if we will see those.  A clue saying Claire is done.

I like this scandal!  It is something of interest in this dull season. 

Poor Michael gets another plus size woman. I understand why he made those pants. He wanted to give her something stylish.  Didn't work, but he tried.  

I loved Amy's print and garment. Couldn't quite see what it was exacty. I think it was pants with an over skirt thingie with her print. 

Edited by wings707
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, millennium said:

She was wise not to call Claire out on the runway because she would have looked petty and maybe a bit nuts, especially since Claire's finished product bore no resemblance to Margarita's winning design.

She deliberately implied something shady had happened, but then stated she's too good a person to bring it up.   Except she had brought it up with her implication.  She wanted to show shade and still cover herself with beneficence.

• Love 15
10 hours ago, CherryMalotte said:

ng the crushing cry myself but sheesh, she's been doing that quite a bit.  I'm just glad she is gone.  

The other twin...I can't say I care for her much either, because she's not designed anything spectacular.  Even if she's got a winning look I'm not feeling any particular emotion. 

This season just turned the corner for me into nothingness.  The producers, thinking they can turn the drama up to eleven for viewers, have so missed the mark.  If they'd take the time to seep the show with some more carefully picked challenges, more time in the work room, and perhaps rethinking how they select designers for the show they'd not only have a better show, but there would be a lot less of this filler 'did she/he or didn't she/he?' crap that wouldn't even cut it as the plot of a subpar bad B movie mystery.  I mean, what does that say about your show if you are supposed to be all about finding the best in undiscovered designers but all you can come up with is back of the house nastiness and mediocrity?  

I think I've been watching this show too long.

Embarrassed to admit I once watched "America's Next Top Model" until there came a time it became so shallow and nonsensical  I was wasting an hour of my life every week. Feel that way about "Dancing With Random People Found on the Street," and now Project Runway. Started when it devolved into a product placement focus, but for me, as of last night, the shark has officially jumped.

Still love Tim, though.

• Love 7

My 2 cents. Kenya's pattern was the cutest for a Dixie cup.

I did like Kentaro's dress - minus the extra material on the back - she reminded me of Wonder Woman with that.

Brandon's was same o -same - o and should have been a bottom look - no way would I wear that on the street and what the heck was he wearing on his feet? I don't like his personal design style - he looks the same each week with funky sandals. I had high hopes for him in the beginning.

I liked Bhatani's dress. Tim said the print had to be used in the look - he didn't say the print had to be the look and her model looked wonderful.

Loved Kenya's print but she could have gone without the peplum.

Ayana's look was too short or the slit too high for her client in my opinion. It was beautiful but it too accented her hips.

I actually loved Claire's outfit and liked a couple of the outfits the girl's made when they didn't go all alien - but it's something easily picked up at JCP. The Dixie challenge - should have been separate from the winning look.

As far as the controversy - the twins all season have been sewing each others designs - designing each other's looks and we saw this episode after episode. Yes designers sometimes help each other out or run ideas past each other - but the twins in conjunction actually made each look - none were done individually. They always worked as a team and I think the others saw this and were upset by this. Whenever you are upset about something - each and every future incident - no matter how small - is blown out of proportion and added to your complaint. The fact she won after copying someone else - even if that item wasn't the end product - already had the designers over the edge - Each and every designer besides Amy, pretty much was disgusted and you could see it in the eye rolls and whispering. It does not excuse the rudeness exhibited by Marguarite and Michael speaking Spanish.  

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, dosodog said:

Hi.  My name is Dosodog.

Hello, Dosodog.  

And I like a well placed peplum. 

Good for you!  Bark when you see one.  

Edited by Sprockets
being more inclusive.
  • Love 9
2 minutes ago, dosodog said:

Hi.  My name is Dosodog.

Sue me, make fun of my fashion sense.  I don't care. I like peplums.

I wish I could find my peplum.  I think I'd be more relaxed at work.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, LadyNebula said:

Especially bad ones?  Kenya's peplum top was one of the worse things I've ever seen!  Peplums look different on everyone because we all have different waists.  Unless that thing is made to your specific measurement, it's going to look horrible - AND, even when it is made to your specific measurement, it can still look horrible, as we've seen here.

Kenya would have been better off going with a more fit and flare or modified A-line type of top, something tailored to accentuate the client's waist but not highlight it.  And, while the top was really bad, I thought the skirt was kind of hideous too.  

• Love 2
(edited)
10 minutes ago, dosodog said:

Hi.  My name is Dosodog.

Sue me, make fun of my fashion sense.  I don't care. I like peplums.

I like them, too.  I think they're very flattering on the female body. 

Spoiler

95b5f701d750d3e039d6e94a0e3dd787.jpg    PREPEP1_2.jpg   838b90ba0fd6c1bd440ad04c4ce247e8.jpg    1_290242_ZM_BLACK.JPG

Edited by Drogo
Photo evidence.
  • Love 20
10 hours ago, notcreative enough said:

Maybe it's just me but if I'm in a competition that could jump start my career and i cought someone cheating you better believe I will rat your ass the second I catch you. I wouldn't casually whisper about it like Margarita did when you do something this pisses me off. However unlike Michael I would never make a big to-do about something that I only have second hand knowledge of. I would be to busy scratching my head about why Margarita hasn't said anything. I/he doesn't really know what Claire was doing in the bathroom with a tape measurer if that even happened. No body(footage) no crime. So if it turns out he is wrong he's up shit creak not Margarita because she's not the one that said anything. But if it's true why the hell wouldn't she say anything. Its not like she own anyone anything. 

They just looked like basic black skinny jeans with artfully placed bleach stains. Shouldn't pants be one of the first garments they learn to sew. Why cheat on skinny jeans. 

I feel the same way. 

I still don't quite understand what supposedly happened that just SO AWFUL. If Margarita believed Claire cheated, then she should have said something immediately. If I were Margarita, I wouldn't go around spreading the rumor that Claire cheated because that could backfire on me. Michael should stay out of it. This isn't the hill he should choose to die on. 

I would never make cheating accusations about someone, unless I already had the evidence in hand. 

I really believe that Margarita and Michael are digging themselves a hole. Margarita was an early favorite of mine, but she's acting like an idiot. I don't care for Claire, but I haven't seen her do anything or act in a way that makes me think she's been cheating. Like the rest of you, I'll have to wait and see. There's a slight chance I will be eating my words.

Edited by Surrealist
  • Love 7
14 minutes ago, beaker73 said:

As far as the drama--those first 15 minutes were so embarrassing.  The crying, flailing, whining.  Bye, Shawn.   I sure hope that there's a bit ,more to the "cheating" than what we've been told so far.  I had a hard time understanding what exactly Margarita was saying about Claire having pants and a measuring tape in her room.  And Marg--if you stand there and say you weren't raised to throw people under the bus you're practically begging people to ask what's going on so let's stop pretending. 

Seriously. I am not a fan of Claire and I do think she's a lazy designer who often replicates looks that she owns or that she sees around the room. BUT, Margarita was being awful. Either say nothing on the runway or say something to Claire in the workroom. But you can't gossip about Claire in the workroom and then refuse to be specific on the runway. That isn't fair to Claire and it's just playing up the drama.

I get that when it comes to fashion there really isn't anything "new" left to do but that doesn't mean you should copy someone's look from a week before. Claire was doing just that. That muslin looked nearly identical to Margarita's look. The right thing to do would have been to pull Claire aside early on and say that she was upset by the similarity. Then Claire could decide what she wanted to do about it. She probably would have ended up with a top very much like what went down the runway but it would have spared Margarita the anger. Ultimately, Claire has copied other designs already. I don't think she's very creative but if Margarita had said something I think Claire would have apologized, claimed it wasn't intentional and taken it apart right away. She's annoying, thoughtless and can be catty but I don't think she'd intentionally upset a fellow competitor.

I want to defend the peplum. I used to own a dress with a very cute peplum. It worked because the scale was right and it hit me in the right spot. I've probably tried on a dozen peplum dresses and tops in my life and have only found one that suits me though, so I do know they are incredibly tricky. But when they hit in the right spot, they can be very flattering. Kenya's was bad because it was too big and it sat way too high. Plus the skirt had a similar treatment and it was too much volume all around.

• Love 10
10 hours ago, Sprockets said:

And she got Michael all worked up and then stayed on the stage when he walked off.  

Claire should never have won the round.  Her outfit was so so ordinary.  The judges even said they'd seen it before.  Kentaro produced a masterpiece.  He was the clear winner by a mile, IMO.  

There was something about Claire working when she wasn't supposed to be.  The way it has been presented to us is ridiculous, because we don't have enough information to be as upset as the producers want us to be.  Jerking us along for another week is absurd.  

Michael irritated me, but I honestly don't think he meant to cause a scene.  He acted a little embarrassed by the whole thing, and I don't think he would have done it if Margarita hadn't been pumping him up for two days.  And great point that Margarita stayed on stage and acted just SO shocked that such a thing would happen.

I'm very disappointed in the win because it was clearly done to manufacture this drama.  Everyone but Heidi was enraptured by Kentaro's look, and while most thought Claire's was pleasant, nobody crowed about it.  The win was for drama.  Now the judges may have thought the drama was strictly Claire's great achievement after dropping dead weight Shawn, but the producers for sure knew it was to fire up Michael and Margarita.  I can't rationalize it any other way.  And if Claire did not cheat, which they've been very vague on, it's very cruel to leave this accusation out there for a week.

While I've been rooting for the twins to be dumped or separated since week two, this episode made me uncomfortable.  It reminds me of how Michael C was treated, and while that wasn't quite as calculated, Queen Retched Gretchen was surely the ringleader.  I think it's even worse here because Margarita is fronting as Claire's friend.  And she's valiantly struggling against that affection and the way she was raised (yeah right), and it's totally Claire's fault that her look sucked.  Which sucks more because if she hadn't won last week she wouldn't have immunity.

Anyway, Michael is quiet and intense, and I have to believe Margarita knew exactly what she was doing by pumping him up the entire challenge.  But it wasn't good enough to simply have her BFF on her side.  She had to also runtelldat to Kentaro, and I'm guessing Brandon.  And sadly, Kentaro is sucked in.  Ayanna is the only one who expressed it was a little OOT, but it seems Amy, and maybe Batani and Kenya primarily stayed out of it.  If this is true, I really think Margarita was totally drama queening.  As much as the twins were despised, if everyone truly believed Claire was cheating, there would have been outrage across the board.  And other than Margarita, everyone else seemed like they wanted put their faces in their hands when Michael walked off.  They no doubt see very clearly how Margarita has manipulated him.

And while it's always rude to speak about someone in the same room in another language, I will say that I only ever see it commented on when the "other" language is Spanish.  This is not an attack on those who've commented on it, just a general observation on society.

• Love 13
11 hours ago, notcreative enough said:

Oh and thanks you little twerp for making me defend a twin. I spent the last how many weeks talking about how much I hate them.

The concerns regarding cheating ( collaboration, retooling what they were wearing,etc) should have been brought up weeks ago. Although M&M are fed up, it's too late. Now it appears to be petty.  Exhaustion and emotions seem to be taking over. 

• Love 7