Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E08: Client On The Go

Drogo
  • Start Topic

4 hours ago, lh25 said:

This.  A million times this.  I was yelling at the TV for her to go quietly talk to a producer about it.  Then move on, and do her best work.  She's really lucky she had immunity for this one.

What I wondered about was that her design didn't seem all that great in the first place- her screwing up the cutting and having to switch to the hot pink fabric didn't force her to change the design itself, did it?  I know most of the designers ended up making rather boring outfits - mostly all things that we've seen before, but if hers was meant to be something else that was more exciting I missed it.

I  LOVE this look and always watch for it when I'm watching 50's movies.  I've been waiting for years for someone on PR to use it in a design!

Something like this would have fit well with Ashley's Havana nights collection.  The  thing I ended up liking most about that collection was the flower hats.

Edited by lizzyp
accidental double post
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, lh25 said:

This.  A million times this.  I was yelling at the TV for her to go quietly talk to a producer about it.  Then move on, and do her best work.  She's really lucky she had immunity for this one.

My guess is that she was furious, but wanted to let Claire do her "original-design-replica" in the hope that judges will eventually tell something...

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, Diane Mars said:

My guess is that she was furious, but wanted to let Claire do her "original-design-replica" in the hope that judges will eventually tell something...

You are probably right.  Maybe she was hoping for Claire to get called out finally on the runway.  Not realizing it's not about fair, but drama.  Heidi's wide-eyed, badly delivered "What is going on" that made it clear she knew full well tells me that.

• Love 10
18 minutes ago, lh25 said:

You are probably right.  Maybe she was hoping for Claire to get called out finally on the runway.  Not realizing it's not about fair, but drama.  Heidi's wide-eyed, badly delivered "What is going on" that made it clear she knew full well tells me that.

Yes. And that explains also the reaction of Michael...

ETA : and Tim telling Claire in the workroom that it reminded him of something SHE (Claire) had already made before (instead her her, Margarita) was the "icing on the cake" regarding her "I'm pissed" level :D

Edited by Diane Mars
  • Love 8
24 minutes ago, lh25 said:

Heidi is impressive in a lot of areas, but acting is not one of them.  That was soooooo fake!  

• Love 14
On 10/7/2017 at 10:24 PM, jackjill89 said:

I think it is interesting that Yolanda Foster went back to Hadid...which is another married name of hers. I guess it is so everyone knows she's the mom of her famous model offspring. 

**Ding! Ding! Ding!**  I spent too many hours watching her on RHoBH.  I just cannot with her.  

• Love 12
2 hours ago, Diane Mars said:

Amy gave an interview in which she said that they'd all been complaining privately for weeks to production about the twins and their cheating, but were ignored.  After all, production decides what will be filmed or not; they write the storylines.  She said that that is the reason Michael walked off the runway, he knew they wouldn't be able to avoid filming it and their complaints would finally get aired.  In other words, TPTB let the situation build until an explosion was inevitable in order to up the drama quotient.

• Love 21
23 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Amy gave an interview in which she said that they'd all been complaining privately for weeks to production about the twins and their cheating, but were ignored.  After all, production decides what will be filmed or not; they write the storylines.  She said that that is the reason Michael walked off the runway, he knew they wouldn't be able to avoid filming it and their complaints would finally get aired.  In other words, TPTB let the situation build until an explosion was inevitable in order to up the drama quotient.

Yep, and this is probably why Margarita felt so especially and impotently enraged. They had been complaining about the cheating all along, and nobody in production did a thing about it. I agree this was designed to get them to finally explode and create "drama." 

• Love 13

You know, I'm not naive enough to believe that reality competition shows are **actually** reality-based, but this goes too far, in my opinion.  Allowing...or perhaps even requesting...contestants to boldly and blatantly cheat, copy from other designers, etc., in order to create a storyline is beyond manipulating the editing to make someone the hero and someone else the villian.  Knowing that this has been an issue since the beginning, and it being ignored because STORY! leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

• Love 21
On 10/6/2017 at 6:26 PM, hoodooznoodooz said:

Shouldn't that print design program have a "print preview" option?

But does print preview translate to something you're utilizing for something as large scale as fabric, as opposed to printing out a piece of paper with your printer?  I'm sure Batani was looking at the print on screen -- and remember the designers had some type of tech assisting with the computer program as well.  

I also think Margarita fell victim to the color not looking the same on the monitor as it did on the fabric.  I wouldn't trust picking makeup or nail polish colors from my computer screen, so I can absolutely see where her disappointment came from there.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, Tikichick said:

I'm sure Batani was looking at the print on screen

But it seemed the real problem was the ratio of "print" to "white space" which was much too small. She should have been able to tell that from the screen. I don't disagree that "spatial reasoning" is not necessarily a skill everyone has.

• Love 3
Just now, dleighg said:

But it seemed the real problem was the ratio of "print" to "white space" which was much too small. She should have been able to tell that from the screen. I don't disagree that "spatial reasoning" is not necessarily a skill everyone has.

What I'm suggesting is that the density of the pattern may have looked suitable on the screen and translated to a whole lot of white, empty space on fabric.  Creating various things over the years on my computer for different projects and simply printing them out on paper has generated some surprises compared to what I'm looking at on the screen.  I can only imagine the results of extrapolating my ideas to fabric.  I can understand where Batani got caught there.  I cannot explain any of the choices she made with her garments however.

• Love 3
On 10/8/2017 at 8:47 AM, Desert Rat said:

To compound the difficulty, they only have one fitting with the model.

Potentially something that needs reconsideration if you're now using models of varying curves.

• Love 5

Oops, gotta go, so i apologize if anyone else already addressed this (I haven't gotten through the last two pages)...

On 10/6/2017 at 0:18 AM, millennium said:

I think your criticism strikes at the heart of Michael's complaint -- he felt that Claire's look is a knockoff, and couldn't accept that in a competition allegedly devoted to design (ha!) a knockoff was awarded $25,000.

I didn't like anyone's design but given the effusive praise lavished upon Kentaro's, it seems unfair that the prize was  handed to Claire.  It leads me to think she won simply because everyone hates her and the producers knew it would get a bad reaction.

On 10/6/2017 at 11:56 AM, gingerormaryann said:

I would think that since Dixie was going to have the design placed on a cup, they would have had a representative on the judging panel.  Similar to last week where no JC Penney representative was allowed to judge which design they would produce and sell.  I don't think the concept of design on a cup ever came up during the judging and since that was an integral part of the challenge, it might have informed.  I think Kentaro's design was non-descript while Claire's definitely had the broad stroke visuals that quite popular.

Dixie didn't have a judge on the panel, buy I do think they had some input. I specifically remember all of the main judges having a discussion about the color combination of Kentaro's design and how much they loved it - even Heidi liked the color combination - and Nina asking: "How about Dixie? Did they like it?" And Heidi responding with an emphatic "no!" as in "not at all." So although we didn't see it, I think Dixie's input did have some effect on who won the challenge. I am thinking that Dixie got a copy of the designers' fabric designs to look at and comment on.

Also, remember weirdo Vincent from Season 3 who took his pants off in the design room and used it for a pattern when they were doing menswear.  Though we were terrified we would see Little Vincent peeking out through his boxer shorts, it seemed like a great idea.  If Claire did something similar at home, that was a violation.

Yes, and as weirdo an sometimes annoying as Vincent was... that was a great idea, and apparently not a problem as long as it was done in the work room as you said. In fact if I remember correctly not only did Vincent take off his pants, he took them apart to see how they fit together. Ahhh season 3 - season of Robert Best and Kayne of many colors.

On 10/6/2017 at 9:57 PM, Desert Rat said:

Poor Dixie got screwed with that design, not at all interesting and won't help sell one damn cup.  Dixie should demand a refund of sponsorship fees and the award paid to Clair, and an apology for allowing the good name of a reputable disposable beverage cup company to be associate with such nonsense. 

Actually as I mentioned above, I think that Dixie did have input, which if that is the case, they have only themselves to blame for the semi boring design... though I suspect they could go with Claire's original design rather than what it looked like on the garment... in which case it might sort of look like those pretend oldfashiony monogram things that were somewhat popular a few years ago on jewelry and handbags(?) It was something like that. (I am out of touch with handbag trends as all of my "bags" are brightly colored fabric castaway things made out of old material, jeans, men's ties and/or woven fabric that I get from craft fairs or the countries I visit on annual vacation. I am particularly found of the styles I find in Central America, especially Honduras (where I go to a lovely island to snorkel.) My latest bag I especially love, and it gets commented on - and threats of stealing it - often.)

• Love 3

On 10/8/2017 at 2:21 PM, jrlr said:

I  LOVE this look and always watch for it when I'm watching 50's movies.  I've been waiting for years for someone on PR to use it in a design!

Those are called hostess pajamas.  Yes, very big in the 50's. 

• Love 2

well, i am guessing that the lecture about unprofessionalism is for the other contestants picking on poor claire and she gets to keep the money only to be eliminated on the next show for not having an original idea.  And nothing is learned except you can't trust a reality show. I want the magic elves back, they were tougher about he rules.

• Love 10
On 10/6/2017 at 6:47 AM, LadyNebula said:

Can we please stop with the peplums?  Seriously, why are they a thing?  They don't look good on anyone, in any circumstance. Just stop. 

Totally disagree. Done right they are very flattering, but perhaps not on every body shape. Too bad they haven't really done it right since the 40's.

This suit is modern and vintage in one:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/547437892/vintage-1940s-suit-fantastic-40s-four?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=1940s suit&ref=sr_gallery_8

i would wear this in a heartbeat if I had a need for a dress suit:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/486233488/1940s-suit-40s-pink-peplum-suit-special?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=1940s suit&ref=sr_gallery_18

I actually kind of like the swallowtail on this one, but it's the dancer in me:

http://www.sovintagepatterns.com/1940s-McCALL-Pattern-7019-Cocktail-Dinner-Dress-Striking-Swallow-Tail-Back-Peplum-Totally-Glam-Film-Noir-Style-Bust-32-Vintage-Sewing-Pattern_p_3841.html

Peplums do seem to be better on suits than say, adding a ruffle to a dress, which so many of these crazy designers have started doing and calling it a "peplum". And they should start low on the waist, fit smooth on the front, and have minimal flounce on the hips.. I think in general they look better on women who are low waisted and slender because they give an illusion of curves to a ruler shaped body. They aren't as flattering on someone who is very busty and/or has a high waist.

Edited by slothgirl
  • Love 6
12 hours ago, holly4755 said:

well, i am guessing that the lecture about unprofessionalism is for the other contestants picking on poor claire and she gets to keep the money only to be eliminated on the next show for not having an original idea.  And nothing is learned except you can't trust a reality show. I want the magic elves back, they were tougher about he rules.

Maybe Magical Elves will take the show back now that Weinstein is in trouble.

• Love 12

I wonder if the contestants actually said anything directly to the producers or if they danced around it and passive-aggressively mentioned it in the talking heads only. Amy said something like, we talked about to each other and in the interviews and thought the producers would do something, but they never did. That's why Michael did what he did. Maybe I am misremembering.

The producers maybe should have stepped forward, or they might have just thought it was a couple contestants being catty and singling the twins out. I guess we will find out soon.

I did think it was ironic that Margarita didn't want to throw someone under the bus and then just let Michael hang by walking off. She just drove the bus right over him. Then tried to make herself look good by saying she was going to find out what happened. Girl, please.

Margarita did herself in with the stewing and backbiting in another language. None of that was a good look for her. The only one at fault for her terrible look was her. If she can't pull herself together because someone makes a shirt that looks like hers, but actually ends up looking nothing like it, she needs to take a step back and evaulate her coping skills. Either say something or let it go.

Edited by Arynm
  • Love 4
23 hours ago, Diane Mars said:

ETA : and Tim telling Claire in the workroom that it reminded him of something SHE (Claire) had already made before (instead her her, Margarita) was the "icing on the cake" regarding her "I'm pissed" level :D

Had Claire made something similar, or did Tim remember incorrectly? 

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Had Claire made something similar, or did Tim remember incorrectly? 

I don't remembre Claire having already done something like that... BUT wasn't it was she was starting to do during the "aborted" face-off-elemination-1hour challenge between the twins ? With the blue jersey on the form (I can be wrong !)

Edited by Diane Mars
  • Love 1

Either way though, the point was clear both from Tim and from Nina "we've seen this already", the former about the looked-too-much-like-Margarita's, the latter about the end result. It made it extra odd she'd get the win, but the impression I'm getting here is maybe the fellow contestants are ready to hulk out on Claire (and both twins, when they were both there) for doing all-knock-offs all the time. The judges seem to be aware of it in a general sense, but also...nothing is completely original...so the proportion of the response, so far, is different. Usually "we've seen this before and it's fine" does not win on this show, not the whole show, and not usually individual challenges. So the contestants are sitting around fuming and the judges are, not impressed, but also not perturbed. Yet. And that's the disconnect because the contestants are ready to blow their tops, and apparently keep waiting for the judges to be as annoyed as they are, and it ain't happenin'.

• Love 7
On 10/6/2017 at 7:06 PM, Sprockets said:

From the evidence we have, it seems to me they were both kicked in the head one too many times.  Also, no one knows what happens in utero except for the very brief snapshots they have on ultrasound.  And, before they were born, no one knew which one was Shawn and which one was Claire.  

I'm stepping on your joke, but Baby A is furthest from the cervix, so they absolutely would have a sense for Baby A and Baby B, and which was named what.

Edited by fallaway
  • Love 2
On 10/7/2017 at 5:53 PM, sleepyjean said:

Not quite. According to this article, they studied fashion in college and worked in fashion before Twinning, which was 2 years ago. It looks like they've pursing fashion as a career for about 5-7 years.

"The two studied fashion technology at Lansing Community College and entrepreneurial business at the University of Michigan-Flint. So far, their fashion credits include creating a candy-themed dress for Katy Perry, interning for designer Betsey Johnson and being featured in Teen Vogue."

My personal opinion is that their father (a stage manager or part of production for a couple big name bands and a couple of presidential inaugurations - I forget exactly) most likely had connections in the industry that got the girls the Betsy Johnson gig and reality TV. That’s the only explanation as they have so little skills or talent. 

• Love 9
15 minutes ago, fallaway said:

I'm stepping on your joke, but Baby A is furthest from the cervix, so they absolutely would have a sense for Baby A and Baby B, and which was named what.

It was stepped on previously.  It suffers no longer.  

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, Elizabette said:

My personal opinion is that their father (a stage manager or part of production for a couple big name bands and a couple of presidential inaugurations - I forget exactly) most likely had connections in the industry that got the girls the Betsy Johnson gig and reality TV. That’s the only explanation as they have so little skills or talent.

My armchair (OK, office desk chair) analysis of the twins is that they were always big fish in a little pond.  They grew up hearing how fabulous they were, and took it WAY too much to heart.  

Edited by Wouldofshouldof
  • Love 12
4 minutes ago, Wouldofshouldof said:

My armchair (OK, office desk chair) analysis of the twins is that they were always big fish in a little pond.  They grew up hearing how fabulous they were, and took it WAY too much to heart.  

I’m interested in hearing what their small town really thinks of them. 

• Love 7
17 hours ago, slothgirl said:

And they should start low on the waist, fit smooth on the front, and have minimal flounce on the hips..

I do agree.  Kenya's look more like misplaced and oversized ruffles than the peplums of the past....worst of all they are entirely unflattering to the wearer.  

Spoiler

If the fashioin week collection attirbuted to her is correct it appears she clued in about toning them down.

• Love 4
On 10/8/2017 at 4:20 PM, Jesse said:

Even if they are all wearing clothes they made themselves, presumably they made them over a longer period of time, and with fewer challenge constraints, than anything they are making on the show.

Exactly! Every time Nina says "I like what you're wearing better" I want to scream "that's because I had more than one day to make it, and I didn't have to make it out of twist-ties and recycled beer cans!"

• Love 7

I'm so exhausted of the to-be-continued-ality of this season, I can barely bring myself to post anything.

Everyone here has already stated pretty much what I feel, but I will add I think the "fashion" with this group of designers is seriously lacking, except for some things from Brandon and most things from Kentaro.

I firmly feel there is no way Claire should have won for "this is nothing new, but meh, it's the winner"... clearly done, in this case, to maximize drama.

I want everyone to leave at this point except Kentaro, Brandon and even Kenya. Let's just call it a day and have the finale already.

• Love 11
On 10/6/2017 at 11:17 AM, LAFR said:

With Heidi being the Executive Producer I don't believe she wasn't informed prior to filming and knew what questions to ask Margarita. They also did the judging differently - the three bottom and then the three tops instead of alternating them. Had to be part of the set up for the drama.

We actually have no idea what order people get their critiques. They can edit them together in any order they like. From what I've read, the runway portion of the competition takes HOURS (all day). The judging comments are much longer than we get to see. We don't know everything that gets said, or when, by the judges or the contestants.

On 10/7/2017 at 11:42 PM, ChiefWiggum9-1-2 said:

Since when is an immune contestant chosen to be among the bottom three?  On more than one occasion I've heard Heidi tell a contestant that was announced as "safe" - if you didn't have immunity, you'd be going home tonight.  The producers wanted Margarita on the stage for a whole other reason. 

I remember them putting the person with immunity in the bottom 3 on other occasions. It adds to the drama because then the 2 other bottom people know it's between them because they 3rd person in the bottom has immunity.

I've always wondered how much the "scores" count once the bottom and top are determined... is it a level playing field again for each group of 3? They already have scores that rank someone highest and someone lowest. Is this like Who's Line Is It Anyway, where the points don't matter? I'd be curious to know who did score the top and bottom scores and how often that person wins or gets aufed. Seems a little suspect to give someone who wasn't the highest scorer the win and eliminate someone who wasn't the lowest scorer. So once I start down this path of questioning the scores, I have to wonder if there are actually scores AT ALL?  Or is it like that non-existent light that the eliminated person is always switching off at the table after they've "gone to the workroom to clean up their space"... there is no light or light switch and maybe there are no scores either. The top and bottom are determined .... some other way.... (insert sinister music here)

Edited by slothgirl
  • Love 5
On 10/7/2017 at 8:01 AM, Beden said:

Thank you. I think that was Michael somebody and a nastier little turd never walked; he also had 'disappeared' during filming, went AWOL, called various friends when phones were forbidden and was just generally a snotty PIA. As I recall one or more of his roommates went to Tim and told him that--yes--he had pattern books hidden under his bed or wherever. When confronted and tossed off the show he was the most put upon, bullied, wronged victim you ever saw. At the end of season reunion he played the same tune, unapologetic, unrepentant and still as nasty and victimized as ever.

The point is that his fellow contestants turned him in, outraged about his not even slightly subtle cheating and flaunting of the rules.

My personal theory is that most people are generally nice, don't want to make waves and wish to just get on with things and hope that the problem people will be fingered by someone else and wrongs will be righted without them getting involved. While there were lots of eye rolls and private complaints about the twins, I suspect that no one wanted to actually wanted to be the finger pointer...until now. Plus this way TPTB get the upped drama factor.

Shrugs. I get frustrated at work. We all do. Sometimes I'm bitchy. Sometimes I'm nice. Oh wait, that makes me human.

On 10/7/2017 at 6:40 PM, carrps said:

That's the first thing I said! Wow, Tim has gotten old. You don't notice it as much when you see it gradually.

Of COURSE he got older! He was in his 50's when this started. He's at or pushing 60 now. I think he looks wonderful and if he wasn't gay I would go to NYC and stalk him until he married me and dressed me for the rest of my life.

On 10/8/2017 at 9:58 AM, wings707 said:

The skill level is very low this year.  I blame the casting director. They went for what they thought was entertainment.  Cha Cha and the twins being the most glaring examples.  

I sure hope Top Chef maintains its quality.  It is the last of the big ones still standing. The others are on their knees. 

Top Chef is still on Bravo too. Runway WAS really better than. I, personally, think there are plenty of talented designers out there but most don't want to be on reality tv or work under the conditions they are made too. ANd yes, there casting this year sucks!

If you want a good creative show where the contestants help each other, there is no backbiting, no drama, no ridiculous time constraints go watch Halloween Wars on Food Network. THAT is how PR used to be! And it's a pleasure to watch. Creativity on overdrive! 

Thanks to whoever said the first episodes are on youtube. I know they're on Amazon but I don't have the $ right now to buy it. So off to Youtube I go. It's really a shame Lifetime doesn't show them and acts like they never occurred. 

• Love 3

I wonder how much changing the network had to do with the demise of what used to be an excellent show.  Heidi wanted it moved to CA to be with her family, ok that made sense.  Did she lose interest or did Lifetime fuck it up?  It lost its edge moving to LA but it should have still been doable even though NYC is a fashion center and LA is not.  

Sadly I don't think there is a way to resurrect this to its previous quality and I don't think Heidi or Lifetime care anyway. 

• Love 2
53 minutes ago, Miss Ruth said:

I think a lot of the dissatisfaction with the show has to do with the fact that it's in its 16th season, and it may just have run its course.

A new production team could help greatly.  However, it is still first and foremost a TV show.  Even if the show reverts to the fashion emphasis, they have to find some drama.  The first season of PR was when competitive reality TV was in its infancy.  It's just a whole new ball game now.

• Love 4
On 10/11/2017 at 0:47 PM, gingerormaryann said:

A new production team could help greatly.  However, it is still first and foremost a TV show.  Even if the show reverts to the fashion emphasis, they have to find some drama.  The first season of PR was when competitive reality TV was in its infancy.  It's just a whole new ball game now.

Without planning it, season one offered plenty of drama with Wendy Pepper.  Season two had the now famous "mother fucking walk off!"  Drama happens organically in any competition.  There is no need to cast for it.  Get contestants who are skilled and want to win.  That should be easy enough.  Well, now skilled designers don't want any part of the clown show. 

On 10/11/2017 at 2:02 PM, carrps said:

They were only in L.A. for one season.

Then Lifetime killed it and Heidi didn't help.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 4

Lifetime didn't kill the show.  It's still on, doing well in the ratings and this particular episode has ten pages of comments, while other episodes maxed out at around 7, which shows that amped up drama sells and people want to talk about it.  People will always say earlier shows of anything were better.

And Wendy Pepper brought the drama because she already understood the game.  She even admitted it on the show. It got her a spot in the Final 3 and reality show notoriety.  Contestants on any Competitive Reality Show will do it, talent or no.  

• Love 4

One of my least favorite contestants ever was also accused of cheating.  He is Jeffrey Sebalia, from season 3.  Laura Bennett thought that he was outsourcing sewing.  I think some kind of investigation was done.  When he was on All Stars there was also some controversy; can't recall if it was cheating or maybe Tim Gunn confiscated something from him....  Perhaps tomorrow we will be treated (meant sarcastically) to an "investigation".

• Love 2

Heidi was beyond repulsive with her wide-eyed questioning on the runway. That would offend me if I were a contestant-so obvious that they know what is going on and are just jerking the designers strings. 

The editors did the impossible and made me actually like Claire this episode and feel that she is being unfairly targeted. I guess if more comes out, and she's cheating, so be it. But Margarita was just awful and semi-crazed this episode, and did come off as sour grapes jealous. Plus, I have a daughter in middle school so I see this dynamic where a queen bee stews and frets and then her minions break and do her dirty work of the actual accusations. The whole thing reeked of mean girsl ganging up, but again-it's all in the editing and come tonight maybe I'll think Claire is a terrible cheating villain. Go ahead, manipulate me some more....

I think Batani should go home, even though I really like her personality and sense of color-she doesn't seem to have a lot of skills. Amy has skills, but her style is such a snooze. 

The challenges have not been very fun or creative this season and the designs have been boring. I can't fault Claire for designing ready to wear, because it was a appropriate for a Dixie Cup challenge. Kentaro designed the only beautiful thing on the runway, but I did think that his print was too subtle for Dixie Cup.

• Love 2
54 minutes ago, Heathrowe said:

Kentaro designed the only beautiful thing on the runway, but I did think that his print was too subtle for Dixie Cup.

Your comment started a thought process for me (I've had a cup of coffee, so the brain is waking up).  Kentaro's beautiful design was in pink and orange.  If they were designing for a "to-go" cup, those colors may have been judged as too feminine for the end product.  Their current cup is black and white.  Claire's rip-off of that design was also black and white.  I can see where they might not want to go with a lovely pink and orange soft pattern.  It's a thought.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

Your comment started a thought process for me (I've had a cup of coffee, so the brain is waking up).  Kentaro's beautiful design was in pink and orange.  If they were designing for a "to-go" cup, those colors may have been judged as too feminine for the end product.  Their current cup is black and white.  Claire's rip-off of that design was also black and white.  I can see where they might not want to go with a lovely pink and orange soft pattern.  It's a thought.

It's hard to know what the thought process was. I never buy actual sleeves of dixie cups-the only paper cups I use are when I buy coffee and then I don't care what the cup looks like, as long as it has COFFEE in it! 

I don't exactly think Kentaro was robbed, but his outfit was my favorite. I did think Claire executed the challenge the best.  But as someone upthread said-was it a pattern challenge or a real person challenge? 

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, Heathrowe said:

I don't exactly think Kentaro was robbed, but his outfit was my favorite. I did think Claire executed the challenge the best.  But as someone upthread said-was it a pattern challenge or a real person challenge?

The challenge is whatever the producers decide will make the best story.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Heathrowe said:

It's hard to know what the thought process was. I never buy actual sleeves of dixie cups-the only paper cups I use are when I buy coffee and then I don't care what the cup looks like, as long as it has COFFEE in it! 

The challenge was very poorly executed by the entire production team, but the idea was people on the go take their coffee with them so shouldn't they have a stylish cup to go with their wardrobe, similar to the cellphone challenge a few seasons back.  I mean, I get it but as said earlier in one of the early posts, they should have had some fabric covering a cup and the model walking the runway with it.  If you see Dixie's overall designs for the to-go cup, they're going for a whimsical look.  Even the black and white stripes had the green butterfly "X" insignia on it. 

mobileSlide4.png

• Love 1