Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E08: Client On The Go

Drogo
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, DasFlavorPup said:

Re Shawn:  To paraphrase one of my favorite movie characters, her shtick had everything but the bloodhounds snapping at her rear end.

HAHAHAHA!!!!  That's just what I was thinking!  I guess it really was a bumpy night - and will be next week too.

• Love 6

I do have an issue of Claire is using a measuring tape at night and using her own, existing garments to figure out proper proportions. That's the same as looking at pattern making books which got someone in trouble before. Now if Claire had worn her pants to the workroom, stripped them off and used them as guidelines, like designers have done for menswear challenges, that would have been fine. But working on the structure of your garment outside the allotted hours is a problem.

Thank you! I was wondering how a measuring tape figured into it. I looked up when they were speaking spanish and thought I saw the word "measuring" spelled out in a caption. (My eyes are definitely not what they used to be.) So ... Claire was using a measuring tape and her own pants as a pattern during their downtime from the workroom. Did she do it right in front of everyone or were they spying on her? If she was doing it in front of her roommates, she must not have a clue that that would not be allowed, but, then again, both Claire and Shawn are and have been just too precious to recognize their own questionable behavior. However, Margarita is also to blame for focusing so much on Claire at her own expense. Plus, her design for JCP wasn't exactly the most original thing I ever saw. In fact, I'm sure I've worn a dress like that two decades ago.

• Love 12

Margarita must have a very high opinion of herself, since she can evidently only fail when others distract her from her innate greatness.  Her video fly girl look, which she suggested, designed, bragged about, and called "totally her aesthetic," was her model's fault, and this week's tragedy, brought to us apparently by Margarita's poor decision not to buy enough fabric, was Claire's fault for distracting her by ripping Margarita off by making a shirt that looked nothing like Margarita's last design.

Now that Claire has been put on somewhat involuntary mute by the absence of her screaming and running partner, I'm find with her staying at least until we get rid of the Mean Girl.

• Love 23

I have a crappy TV and didn't catch all the subtitles.  Did Margarita say she saw Claire working in the apartment?  Was she measuring a pair of her own pants or something and writing down the numbers?  If so, I would consider that cheating, like using a pattern reference book (S3 Keith, anyone?)

If it was just studying a pair of pants, it's more of a gray area, because you can't police someone's thoughts.

Whoever wins this season, it will always be known as The One With the Twins.  Eyeroll.  Hey, PR, I'm bored with this.

Edited by backgroundnoise
  • Love 12

Someone who gives a f*** should figure out what three days in real time this was, and go to the gossip columnists and find out what was going on in Heidi's private life, you know the private life that gets photographed and shared and shared and shared.

Something has made Maedchen Heidi an unhappy camper.  

• Love 5

I never liked Margarita, so happy to she is no longer fooling anyone, she is a nasty one.

I did like Heidi's half-hearted "aw" to the bald one when she said she was conceding...sounded like a distracted mom when kid is whining about stubbing a toe. Lol

I love Heidi as a model and a personality...not for her style (though I love her casual travel looks). I don't think Kentaro's woman was swallowed, she looked glam and classy, perfect for an East Indian wedding. You could tell she was small and slim without making the dress tight. She looked very regal.

I did not like Claire's pants or the so-called print at all. Looked like a weird bad tie-dye from a distance. I am afraid Kentaro won't win as Dixie (!!! Lol ) may not want fushia cups. Dixie. Good grief.

• Love 12

As much as I liked Kentaro's look, I thought that the model was swimming in it and that it looked more like a nightgown than a dress.

That one outfit definitely had the peplum on the wrong spot, it needed to be, what, 4-6 inches lower?

• Love 8

I thought Claire's pants were in her room, the ones she was making. I hate tattletales but also cheaters, hope she is booted if so. Sick of both the twins, their antics and unprofessionalism. But also M&M are intolerable.

• Love 7
16 minutes ago, Nordly Beaumont said:

They're all supposed to stop work at the same time. Apparently she was working at night after the work day was done. That seems to be what Michael was saying.

I would think this is the reason because when Tim questioned him after he walked out, he said something like, "It has nothing to do with the design."  

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, Bebecat said:

I thought Claire's pants were in her room, the ones she was making. I hate tattletales but also cheaters, hope she is booted if so. Sick of both the twins, their antics and unprofessionalism. But also M&M are intolerable.

That's what I got too.  I think Margarita said (in English) "she hid it well".   It might also explain why she won the challenge because the producers almost certainly knew about this if she was taking the pants with her and they can dramatically give the prize to Kentaro, which Nina very strongly argued for during the judging.  Or more specifically, she argued against Claire because it wasn't fashion forward.  I was surprised by the win after that but then again, this is PR.

Edited by gingerormaryann
  • Love 7

I wasn't crazy about any of the designs tonight; they were all fairly disappointing, to varying degrees.  Kentaro's was the best of the lot but given that his model was so tiny, the voluminous look overwhelmed her.  Claire - who I loathe - came up with something bland and boring but was named the winner. ?!?! 

All of this behind the scenes drama seems manipulated by TPTB.  That's why they cast the Terrible Twins in the first place, with the intent of eventually splitting them up amid the chaos that they were sure to sow.  After tonight's show, with bad acting by Michael, Heidi, et al, I find it hard to believe that this all isn't totally scripted. 

As was stated above, they're ruining this show with all the needless overblown drama.  There was always enough of that anyway, from the beginning.  No need to pile on more.  And the challenges are getting boring and senseless.  Dixie Cups?  I'm guessing PR is getting paid handsomely for that product placement/focus.  It makes me nostalgic for the hokey days of dresses made out of paper plates, Easter grass and Friskies.

• Love 12

Ugh, the drama. Margarita and Michael are insufferable. They are not the judges, and they both had crappy designs. Get over yourselves, and get off my tv. They have both shown themselves to have highly questionable taste throughout the season, and they are gossipy mean girls. If Claire had actually cheated, wouldn't the crew have seen it? And screw them for making me defend one of the twins!

• Love 9
1 minute ago, Whodunnit said:

Well I don't know about New York, but in some places it's illegal to install cameras in the bathroom so she could have done it there and not get caught.

There are multiple cameras in the workroom and they always photograph when the designers leave so if Claire took the pants with her, the chances are good she was caught on camera.

• Love 5

Maybe it's just me but if I'm in a competition that could jump start my career and i cought someone cheating you better believe I will rat your ass the second I catch you. I wouldn't casually whisper about it like Margarita did when you do something this pisses me off. However unlike Michael I would never make a big to-do about something that I only have second hand knowledge of. I would be to busy scratching my head about why Margarita hasn't said anything. I/he doesn't really know what Claire was doing in the bathroom with a tape measurer if that even happened. No body(footage) no crime. So if it turns out he is wrong he's up shit creak not Margarita because she's not the one that said anything. But if it's true why the hell wouldn't she say anything. Its not like she own anyone anything. 

They just looked like basic black skinny jeans with artfully placed bleach stains. Shouldn't pants be one of the first garments they learn to sew. Why cheat on skinny jeans. 

I think even though Kintaro look was better his pattern might not worked on a tiny cup. But maybe next week he wins. Who knows with show.

• Love 13
6 minutes ago, Nordly Beaumont said:

I thought he said she was measuring her own pants in the bathroom. If she had done it in the workroom it would show she couldn't sew without a pattern, but it wouldn't be cheating because she would still have the same amount of time as the others.

Was it the workroom bathroom or the apartment bathroom when they go home. If it was the workroom bathroom I can't blame her from not wanting to take her pants off in a room full of people. But I think it might have been when they go home for the night.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, MinorL said:

Did the judges actually really like any of the designs? I thought Clare's looked like something from Ann Taylor Loft. 

I was thinking more along the lines of Chico's.  It was nice, but I'm not a fan of prints on pants, and those pants weren't even fitted well.  They were baggy in the knee area and in the butt.  Claire's model had a fabulous figure, and those pants made her derriere look saggy.

1 hour ago, Cindyluwho said:

Heidi seemed rather pissy this episode.

Probably because she was forced into "acting" as if she didn't know what was going on, and she was forced to play into the drama.

• Love 7

Ugh, this episode.... Heidi was really on a rampage against almost all the looks. And surely the drama is the reason for the 4 bottom and 2 top looks this week. Some weird looks went down the runway this week, Amy and Brandon both were way to odd for my taste. I liked the blue dress that the modest designer did (I can't remember her name) I thought it fit nicely and wasn't just a sack to put a bigger model in. The pattern was cute, too.

I wanted Kenya's to be better. She is so good at the construction side, she needed to take Tim's advice about the peplum.

I liked Kentaro's though it did seem a little voluminous, so I do sort of see the swimming in fabric comments.  Batani's was boring, even making it purple. It's too bad she was so bad at making her print- I wonder if they had a different program or something this time, or were rushed? It seemed like a lot of the prints didn't turn out as planned.

Oh the drama.... I missed the talk about measuring or doing something at home... but I suppose if they showed us clear proof of the cheating this week, there wouldn't be anything for us to wonder about waiting for next week. Though maybe she didn't do anything wrong and Tim is mad about the accusations? Either way, I would be fine if Claire goes, and Michael and Margarita.... I wish this show could ditch some of the drama, just let them make clothes!!

• Love 6

Honestly, I think that Tim Gunn gently steering Claire in another direction with regards to the blouse should have been enough to calm Margarita down. (On that subject, anyway)

None of the designs truly wowed me today (Kentaro's came the closest, and that was more the half hidden details than the distance read).

That blue dress should have been a top look.

Edited by Whodunnit
Blue dress
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, vibeology said:

Amy actively saying she didn't want to be in on the drama was the only adult thing that happened all episode. 

That's because Amy is the only adult in the room.

1 hour ago, Marmiarmo said:

To be honest, I'm getting more than a little tired of the show turning into Project Cliffhanger.  Amy''s rise above it attitude and the flow and back of Kentaro''s gown were the only positive things about this episode.

I want a final 3 of Amy, KEntaro, and Brandon. Headscarf girl can join them as a tie-breaker 4th. I'm not wild about anyone this season as a designer, so I'd like to see professional behavior rewarded.

And YES to the Project Cliffhanger reference.

1 hour ago, BlackberryJam said:

I do have an issue if Claire is using a measuring tape at night and using her own, existing garments to figure out proper proportions. That's the same as looking at pattern making books which got someone in trouble before. Now if Claire had worn her pants to the workroom, stripped them off and used them as guidelines, like designers have done for menswear challenges, that would have been fine. But working on the structure of your garment outside the allotted hours is a problem.

I wasn't clear on what the cheating was.. something about measuring her own pants? Unless she and the model wear close to the same size, I don't see how that could possibly help, but then I also can't sew....

The idea that none of them are "working" on their looks or designs after hours is daft. Who can go home in a situation like that and NOT be making at least mental to do lists and stuff? I think I've even heard them (not this season) talk about thinking through things overnight and coming in with fresh ideas or more organized plans. I imagine there's specific contract language about what they can and can't do, but they clearly often do SOME things.

1 hour ago, ratgirlagogo said:

HAHAHAHA!!!!  That's just what I was thinking!  I guess it really was a bumpy night - and will be next week too.

Ah, Eve.. Eve.. Eve the golden girl... full of fire and music.

Edited by slothgirl
  • Love 11

I wonder if the designers are suppose to leave all their design tools in the workroom and not bring them back to the apartment. I would love for Claire to be shown the door especially soon after her twin. I doubt it will happen though. Tim will probably just be mad that Michael is saying something or making accusations that cannot be proven. 

I would have given Kentaro the win, because his seemed to be more designed than Claire's, which you might have to travel back in time to buy.

I actually liked all the designs of the designers that were safe and Kentaro's. No one really wowed me though.

Claire's first shirt design that was basically Margarita's dress from the previous challenge cracked me up. I kept thinking Claire does not think it is the least bit familiar?

I really dislike the real women challenge, especially this season with different sized models (though the models are probably more proportional), because some of those women really love their outfits. Then they get in front of the judges and the judges tell them they look awful. I would be fine if someone I was close to told me my outfit sucked, but on national television I would be embarrassed especially if I loved the outfit prior. I am probably not making any sense. I blame the wine.

Ugh Yolanda. I cannot stand her.

• Love 18
5 minutes ago, slothgirl said:

Gone... I think the word you're looking for is "gone"

You made me laugh.  So true!  I can't even sew on a button without a wad of thread underneath as big as a marble, but even I wouldn't have put that peplum on that top.  But I hate peplums in general, even in the right spot.  So, so many fugly outfits tonight.  It had to have been on purpose, right? to give Last Twin Standing the "win". 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, DasFlavorPup said:

Re Shawn:  To paraphrase one of my favorite movie characters, her shtick had everything but the bloodhounds snapping at her rear end.

Watching this little melodrama play out, it confirms to me that Claire is the talented one of the two, and this is just my perception, but her emotions during this whole thing seemed a lot more genuine than Shawn's, who is probably the biggest phony I've seen on this show since I-don't-know-when.  I'd even go so far as to say if you split those two up, Claire might actually be a smidge OK to hang out with in real life.  MAYBE.

Only my favorite movie ever, and Thelma Ritter delivered some of the best zingers in cinematic history.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, slothgirl said:

Yeah, but most of them aren't very good at that.

True... I wonder if the designs would be better if they had more than a day to make an outfit... and also if they focused on designing and not work room drama...

• Love 2

Okay, PR did do an effective job because of all the discussion.  I went back and watched my DVR, something I never do anymore.  It was Ayana who said to Margarita that this was too much drama and Amy agreed in the talking head.  The only one who went for it was Michael and he got way too involved and it showed in his design.

The timeline is important.  Claire had not started her pants on the first day because they didn't get the fabric.  When she did get the fabric on the second day, there was the consult with Tim about how the pants should be designed.  This was also the day Margarita was talking about seeing the pants in the bathroom.  The only chance she had to take the pants was the end of the second day. However, in the shot from first thing in the morning on the day of the runway, the pants are on the form.

• Love 11
30 minutes ago, Nordly Beaumont said:

I wish it was just a scootch longer. It looked a bit like a skater's costume to me. But other than that I thought it was really pretty. And I liked that the design was "Dixie" in Arabic.

I'm surprised that there is a word for "Dixie" in Arabic.

• Love 13
2 hours ago, Bebecat said:

I muted that whole first part...this show is way too long, my stone cold heart does not care about faux dramas created, apparently, to use up time.

I only liked Kentaro's. Why are they always so bad at making things for real people who even tell them what they like?

Because they are always told that it still has to be in “their style”....and “real” people don’t wear crazy which is what most of these fools make. Ergo, you get trash.

• Love 4

I like Michael and think he is among the more talented designers this season. I don't like his behavior in this episode, though we have to wait until next week to see if there is more back story. Somehow I doubt it, but you never know. I do fee;l as if Margarita made a concerted effort to get Michael worked up; I hope he quickly realizes how unattractive and unnecessary that type of drama is, and goes back to focusing on his work. I still don't understand what Margarita's problem was. I understand what she thought  had happened, but I just don't see it. And I HATE this cliffhanger nonsense. One more episode that leaves the resolution until the following week, and I'm out for the season. 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, CherryMalotte said:

There must be something wrong with me because I liked Michael's top, at least the print - I will make an eye appointment in the morning.  Maybe new glasses.  And I loved Kentaro's dress, I imagine the client didn't want to wear a short dress to the wedding.  Shut up Heidi. 

I'll see you at Lens Crafters Cherry because I liked it too.  And I gave him extra points for crafting something that fit his model without being a potato sack. 

Oh Kenya.  I was SO worried for you.  That peplum?  No.  That print?  All I could think was hospital scrubs.  But she has a new adoptive mommy so there's that.

I am over this bullshit show with the producer-manufactured drama.  There's no way that Heidi wasn't tipped off to Margarita's workroom meltdown.  She is not that perceptive.  And just for fun?  The Producers ensure a win for the "designer" who everyone has been seething about from Day 1.   Kentaro gets screwed in the name of drama yet again.

• Love 10

Claire & Shawn knew they couldn’t both win & one would have to leave the competition when they started, why all the ridiculous drama? They’re not being separated for the rest of their lives. At least one of them is gone now.

LOL, the prize is a having a disposable cup made that is influenced  by your fashion? That is just sad.

I honestly didn’t see how Claire’s top was in any way the same as Margarita’s dress was, & I don’t understand the whole thing about Claire having a pair of pants & a tape measure in her room.

Margarita, either say what’s wrong, or STFU. Don’t keep dropping little hints & saying you weren’t raised to throw people under the bus.

As for the clothes:

I Liked: Amy & Brandon

I Thought They Were OK: Batani, Margarita & Kantaro

I Didn’t Like: Claire, Ayana, Michael & Kenya

• Love 2

When I saw Kentaro's ensemble on the model I thought of Endora from Bewitched

Kenya's print reminded me of something you'd see on pajamas - it would be great used on Dixie bathroom cups

Also,Claire's print pants reminded me of cowhide print 

Edited by sheetmoss
  • Love 14
23 hours ago, MinorL said:

Did the judges actually really like any of the designs? I thought Clare's looked like something from Ann Taylor Loft. 

Claire's design was in the Talbot's catalog 8 or 10 years ago. I bought it.  Claire won $25,000 for designing an outfit I already own (or used to own before I gave it to Goodwill).

Edited by Desert Rat
  • Love 8