Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E08: Client On The Go

Drogo
  • Start Topic

I think Tim Gunn had  some very much needed critiques. 

Loved that the designer (bad with names) re-dyed that fabric. The turquoise color really brought some life into that pattern as well as toned down the fuchsia. 

Edited by Mindthinkr
  • Love 4

It looks like Michael leaves the runway because his monstrosity is deservedly on the bottom.

We knew the producers knew they had something good because in the past, someone with immunity is called safe if they're in the bottom but not tonight.

Edited by gingerormaryann
  • Love 9

Maybe if Margarita hadn't been so obsessed with Claire and what she was doing and focused on her design she wouldn't have tanked. 

The designers were lucky they had nice clients. Kenya and her lady were so cute together but that top was not flattering. But why did the judges excuse it as 'well, your client likes it so that's all that matters'. Batani's client liked her dress too but the judges blasted Batani ' you can't just brush it off as it's what the client wanted'. Not fair. 

And when are they going to comment about Brandon always sending hanging car wash strips of fabric on all his designs down the runway almost every week?

I liked Claire's design. It's something I would wear. Not sure if she deserved to win though. Kentaro's was pretty cool too. 

and now we have to wait AGAIN to find out what's going to happen with this cheating drama!? Ugh! 

• Love 24

I muted that whole first part...this show is way too long, my stone cold heart does not care about faux dramas created, apparently, to use up time.

I only liked Kentaro's. Why are they always so bad at making things for real people who even tell them what they like?

• Love 18
1 minute ago, Nidratime said:

I missed the part where Michael and Margarita were speaking spanish and they were subtitling it. I wasn't looking at the TV at the time. What did they say to each other?

Margarita called Michael over.  I can't remember what they talked about other than Margarita saying she didn't love her look.

• Love 1

Did the judges actually really like any of the designs? I thought Clare's looked like something from Ann Taylor Loft. 

Yes, that was definitely not fashion, but when they have these real world challenges, it's harder to go all high fashion when people need to wear their outfit in the real world.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, Nidratime said:

Yes, that was definitely not fashion, but when they have these real world challenges, it's harder to go all high fashion when people need to wear their outfit in the real world.

They also had the added challenge of picking something that looks good on a Dixie cup!

ETA: Now that I think about it, who was even in the top 3? They didn't like Batani, Kenya, Margarita or Michael.

Edited by MinorL
  • Love 12

I was playing on my computer during the show.  Did I miss something about Claire cheating?  I just read the article and they talk about Claire in the bathroom.  I've already deleted the episode so I missed something important.

Well, that was dumb. I don't know what Michael thinks is "unfair" about Claire's design. It's nothing spectacular, but there were so many missteps tonight that it was elevated just by a lack of competition. Margarita has always seemed like a "mean girl", and, while I am sometimes amused by her observations, she clearly went after Claire once she was weakened by her sister leaving, as she has disliked the twins for some time. Her anger got the better of her, and she lost the ability to focus on her own project. I think Michael was so invested in her drama that he lost perspective and went off the rails as well.

44 minutes ago, DasFlavorPup said:

Brandon, you seem like a sweetie, but I've had enough of looking at your dangly bits.

I think I wouldn't mind...oh, that's NOT what you meant! I agree, though, in seriousness, his design was a mashup of the stuff he's been doing each week, and the lack of an interesting pattern really emphasized that. I liked Kitano's, and would be interested to see it on a model type. (Nothing against the woman he designed for, but not everyone walks clothes well.) Ayana's also looked pretty good, and I think the judges gave it a pass again because of the model's figure.

Kenya's model looked a bit like an older Maggie Gylenhall (SP?), and I liked their vibe together, but the judges were right about the outfit being wrong for the model.

And I just realized that Shawn's departure with her haircut made it seem as if she were auditioning for the role of Joan of Arc!

• Love 17
Just now, backgroundnoise said:

Poor Claire, having to valiantly go on after her sister is gone forever, and she's never, ever going to see her again.  /sarcasm

Yes, she is the bravest insincere, pompous, sniveling, aggravating cheater (?) I have ever seen.  What a trooper!  

• Love 22

There must be something wrong with me because I liked Michael's top, at least the print - I will make an eye appointment in the morning.  Maybe new glasses.  And I loved Kentaro's dress, I imagine the client didn't want to wear a short dress to the wedding.  Shut up Heidi. 

Concede my ass.  Shawnie was confronted by her own lack of talent in assembling an outfit.  Yes I've been that frustrated where I'm doing the crushing cry myself but sheesh, she's been doing that quite a bit.  I'm just glad she is gone.  

The other twin...I can't say I care for her much either, because she's not designed anything spectacular.  Even if she's got a winning look I'm not feeling any particular emotion. 

This season just turned the corner for me into nothingness.  The producers, thinking they can turn the drama up to eleven for viewers, have so missed the mark.  If they'd take the time to seep the show with some more carefully picked challenges, more time in the work room, and perhaps rethinking how they select designers for the show they'd not only have a better show, but there would be a lot less of this filler 'did she/he or didn't she/he?' crap that wouldn't even cut it as the plot of a subpar bad B movie mystery.  I mean, what does that say about your show if you are supposed to be all about finding the best in undiscovered designers but all you can come up with is back of the house nastiness and mediocrity?  

I think I've been watching this show too long.

• Love 24

I don't understand what the controversy was all about. Yes, at first Claire's design looked just like margaritas buy then Tim told her to change it and her new design looked nothing like the other one . And I don't get what the problem was with the pants. 

Oh Kenya, what a mess. That empire peplum was so bad. And batanis looked like a cheap maxi dress from Walmart. I liked kentaros but it was basic. Brandon's was terrible and he should have been in the bottom. Michael's model looked like she was wearing a diaper. Ugh. 

• Love 6