Type keyword(s) to search

Season 5 Discussion

Drogo
  • Start Topic

22 minutes ago, Bugfrey Von said:

My heart breaks for her mother but I wonder what part she had in Nicole's upbringing that helped create this huge walking Id, whose only focus in life is to glut and get her rocks off at the expense of anyone around her. Maybe her parents tried to one up each other with the whole "Well, if your mom/dad won't give it to you, I will!" In any case, it's waaaaaaaaay too late for her, and frankly, who cares?

I wonder if she was raised by her dad for some reason, and the mom couldn't undo HIS bad parenting on her scheduled visits. It's not always the mother's fault.

• Love 13
6 minutes ago, ChiCricket said:

I wonder if she was raised by her dad for some reason, and the mom couldn't undo HIS bad parenting on her scheduled visits. It's not always the mother's fault.

Mom seems like the no nonsense parent and dad like the enabler. 

• Love 10

This is just a complete and utter train wreck. Nicole is a younger Danielle. How can Azan even consider wanting to be with her after he was glad she left the last time? He's going to be just like Mo -- very disappointed when he gets to the US and finds out they live in a dumpy one room motel and she's batshit crazy and has the mental capacity of a two year old. He's a fool. If I were Nicole's parents I'd play her bluff. Let her go away. Azan won't go with her anywhere but the US. She'd be back very soon because she wouldn't survive in Morocco or anywhere else.  Her eye rolling and shrugs -- she honestly doesn't care about anybody but herself. She sure doesn't care about her daughter. 

David and Annie...his third girl that he's wanted to marry? Oh man -- just happened to meet her in a bar in Bangkok and it was love at first sight? I love the friend's wife. She needs to reason with all these dopes on the show.

Molly, who has already been on a reality show, um, she really is Darcy 2.0. 

Elizabeth is absolutely the baby of the family. I am too. I get the whole being picked on thing. However, importing a guy and marrying him just to show you're all grown up? Not the best way to prove your maturity. 

There are plenty of people who meet and marry people from other countries. What I don't get about these losers is they all fall madly in love in a week and just HAVE to get married right away. This isn't a Disney movie. It's real life. If it's meant to be, it will be meant to be in a year. 

I just can't with these people. Of course I'll be watching every stinkin' minute. 

• Love 20
12 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

I am confused about Dave. So he got a divorce lost his job and home,then got on a plane to Thailand? Has he been there ever since? How does he support himself? He hasn't seen his kids in a long time? Did I hear that right? 

I don't know what to make of Elizabeth, so I'll withhold judgement . She works for dad so that's going to be awkward. 

Trying to withhold judgement but I already dislike her. She is the new Cortney. 

• Love 7

I think Molly's daughter is the voice of reason, but needs to know a child's place. Mom doesn't have to ask your permission to make a bad decision. Also, what make a house 'yours' is paying for it and having your name on the deed. 

• Love 8

Why does Elizabeth's father feel it's a mans responsibility to look after her? I understand what he's saying in that he doesn't want to be financially responsible for them, and for that I don't blame him. Has he no expectations of his daughter? Why can't she support herself? 

• Love 15

I really don't know who anyone is.

Nicole, the 22 year old going off to see Azan, prospective baby daddy? Let her go to Morocco and get a taste of life and reality. And quite the life lesson. Her step parents shouldn't be enabling her. Work and save up some money for a plane ticket first.

Seriously, getting some education and a skill and a decent job to support her young daughter and her is part of growing up. The poor kid may be facing a revolving door of 'daddies'.

David and Annie? David, please listen to 'One Night in Bangkok'. You just don't propose to every girl you 'date'. Annie is looking for a ticket out of Thailand. Listen to your friend and his wife.

Is Elizabeth the one with the European guy?

Molly, listen to your daughter. My former neighbour was on to wife #3 a month or so after #2 dumped him. He had barely changed and washed the sheets. Yes, you want and deserve love and someone special to share your life with, but this? It is your life and your choice to make the decision - whether it is good or bad is up to you. Unfortunately it may also affect your children.  And will be your karma.

Sometimes you do meet someone from another country or just anywhere and it is meant to be - not just at that time.  Enjoy the moment and see where it goes. Sometimes he or she goes away and comes back a little later.

I don't get why these people want to exploit themselves except for being on TV.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Gigglepuff said:

Why does Elizabeth's father feel it's a mans responsibility to look after her? I understand what he's saying in that he doesn't want to be financially responsible for them, and for that I don't blame him. Has he no expectations of his daughter? Why can't she support herself? 

The dad and the brother were acting like they needed to approve of all of this. If she is a self-supporting adult, she doesn't need anyone's permission for anything. It may be a custom to ask the dad for his daughter's hand in marriage, but it isn't necessary. She's not his property. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Standard Staples said:

The girl literally said her dream was to get to America. Not to find love. Not to marry a wonderful man. Certainly not marry this guy that she loves "90%, maybe."

Just to get to America.

Well, she's going to end up in Kentucky with no money.

So... his friend sent him to Thailand for the sex (trafficking) tourism, right?

• Love 12
2 hours ago, Standard Staples said:

Wow. Only in the preview section, and I'm already blown away that she dragged Mae over to Morocco...

This is child abuse. Someone should call child protective services. Pronto!  I hate Nicole. She blackmailed the grandparents into sponsoring Azan with the threat of taking Mae to Morocco. Horrible bitch. 

Edited by Desert Rat
  • Love 18
56 minutes ago, Mercolleen said:

Elizabeth doesn't look like her pictures. At all. We keep pausing and rewinding.

I think it's the makeup, or lack of. She looks much better without the awful eye makeup and lipstick, imo.

Less is more with Elizabeth.

Edited by peaceknit
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, guilfoyleatpp said:

b) I thought the bride came WITH a dowry. As in, the bride's family sends money to the groom. This situation seems like he's paying the family to take their daughter. And now he's trying to get a discount or a payment plan or whatever.

Yep, they should really be using the term "bride price" (wiki also lists "bridewealth" and "bride token").  Wiki lists Thailand as one of the places where the practice is common.

• Love 5
36 minutes ago, brillia79 said:

Well, she's going to end up in Kentucky with no money.

What is it with Kentucky, specifically Louisville? No women there? Isn't this the 2nd or 3rd guy from Louisville featured on this show or one of its various flavors?

• Love 13

Are we gonna have to look at bras and bras and bras hanging all over Molly's house in all her scenes? So this show is just an infomercial for her bra business?

Her teen daughter, Olivia, makes sense.  She has every right to express her opinions on her mother's stupidity, and I'm glad she feels free to speak.  Do you know how many homeless, teen runaways living on the streets of big cities end up there because of situations similar to what Molly is setting up? It's a national epidemic and a total sin against nature.

Nicole.  If I were advising her parents and their spouses, I would have found a lawyer and started proceedings to declare Nicole legally incompetent and indigent (she's unemployed, right?).   ANYTHING to prevent her from taking Mae on this potentially life-threatening trip.  The parents would not have won in court, but the time, effort and delays would have, AT LEAST,  forced Nicole to leave Mae at home.  She is INSANE bringing that little girl to Morocco.

Where is Mae's dad?  

I guess we need to depend on TLC's omnipresence to protect Mae from traffickers, kidnappers and other perverts? Okay.  But...

I hate you, Nicole.

Dave, age 48, looks 68.  And he's already regaining the weight.  His assertion of a  "true love" (Annie) is ridiculous.  He says they dated "for a week or two," when he proposed. "And, of course, she said yes."  Of course? OMG.

Kentucky?  What's going on down there?  Please explain why Kentucky is so disproportionately represented on the 90 day shows.

• Love 18

Elizabeth - got the impression that her father subsidizes her lifestyle, and he has zero interest in subsidizing a dude from another country who cannot afford her.  Can't blame him.  Elizabeth also made some sweeping statements at dinner about "everyone" which offended people who are are probably trying to be supportive on this cray cray train.  ITA with the poster who mentioned she's related to a bunch of alpha males and is hooking up with another one...wonder who will win the war of the worlds in that scenario.  Also, Elizabeth did not appear to be charming or sweet to her family, so their attitudes matched hers.  

Very interesting that Nicole's Mother mentioned how she doesn't take care of Mae, so how is it going to be over there when SHE is responsible for her 24/7?  These are a bunch of enablers and whoever said that they should get a court order taking custody of Mae from her had the right idea.....The snippet where she "jokes" that she is jealous of Azan hugging and kissing Mae in public was just gross.  GROW UP.  

• Love 18
54 minutes ago, Toaster Strudel said:

Nicole lived in that motel when she first appeared last season. I think it’s subsidized housing that was once a motel. 

55 minutes ago, Toaster Strudel said:

She lives on the grounds of a cultish religious compound.

Hmmmm, Florida........as in Scientology???  This would be the beat all.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, kacesq said:

does Nicole live in a motel? It looked like the bed was right next to the entrance. And she can't afford the visa, so she emotionally blackmails her idiot father into sponsoring a guy who said "take care" to her when she left. Move over, Danielle, Nicole is moving in...

Nicole is 1000 times worse than Danielle. Danielle's children were all teens or older and smarter than Danielle. Mae is a helpless toddler who desperately needs safety and security.  God help that precious baby. I just hope the grandparents are vigilant and able to step in to protect this child.   

• Love 11

Molly is delusional. She recounted the night she met Luis who immediately said "I'm going to marry you". Luis is a resort worker (bartender I think) and knows how to read people. He took one look at the chesty, loud American with the screechy voice and thought "here's my ticket outta here." When Olivia her daughter mentioned Molly had promised her a trip to New York that hadn't materialized presumably because Molly was putting all her energies into the K1 process, I felt sorry for her. Molly seems like the type to chase after a guy at the expense of both her daughters. Just like Danielle in that respect.

Annie thinks Dave is a rich American Prince Charming. He's lying coming and going. He's lying to her about his financial status and to his family about her very existence. Annie's in for a rude awakening. She's not going to be a lady of leisure when she gets here, if she ever does.

Nicole is beyond ridiculous making her two and a half year old daughter call some guy who she's never met "Daddy". The expression on Robbalee's face when Nicole told her the ex-husband was sponsoring Azan was priceless. Nicole doesn't care what's best for her daughter, she's going to do what she wants even if it means dragging her kid through sand and camel dung to be watched over by strangers who, to May, look like they're wrapped up like mummies. 

• Love 17
3 hours ago, kacesq said:

does Nicole live in a motel? It looked like the bed was right next to the entrance. And she can't afford the visa, so she emotionally blackmails her idiot father into sponsoring a guy who said "take care" to her when she left. Move over, Danielle, Nicole is moving in...

I think it's Section 8 housing. As a single mother, Nicole is going for all the governmental programs she can get.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, greekmom said:

Father Nicole – now I know where the stupid came from. The apple doesn’t fall far from that tree.  BTW Where the heck is Nicole living in? A motel?

I feel so bad for that little girl that she has an idiot for a mother.

Well, in fairness to Father Nicole, she did explicitly threaten to take the child to live in Morocco permanently so the grandparents could not see the baby again. So, it seems they felt they had no choice if they wanted to keep the granddaughter living in the US where they could still have influence. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, peaceknit said:

I think it's the makeup, or lack of. She looks much better without the awful eye makeup and lipstick, imo.

Less is more with Elizabeth.

Its the way she poses in pictures, chubby girls notoriously shoot from above and it makes to look thinner.  She poses in ways that make her face and body look thinner. Plus the MU. 

• Love 3

I can't decide if Nicole is a legitimate dumbass or if she has some kind of actual disorder. Considering that even her family treats her like she's a few fries short of a Happy Meal, I go back and forth.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, sleekandchic said:

Kentucky?  What's going on down there?  Please explain why Kentucky is so disproportionately represented on the 90 day shows.

Ha ha, really! As a Kentuckian married to a foreigner (British) I have yet to meet another K1 visa couple in my state. Apparently it's because they are all too busy being on TV. ☺

• Love 19
2 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

I really don't know who anyone is.

Nicole, the 22 year old going off to see Azan, prospective baby daddy? Let her go to Morocco and get a taste of life and reality. And quite the life lesson.

Oh, she's already been. Go back and watch her previous season with her first trip to Morocco. Quality entertainment. And it taught her zilch.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Desert Rat said:

This is child abuse. Someone should call child protective services. Pronto!  I hate Nicole. She blackmailed the grandparents into sponsoring Azan with the threat of taking Mae to Morocco. Horrible bitch. 

100%!

Nicole is an unfit parent. I'm surprised Mother Nicole hasn't tried to get custody of her granddaughter. 

• Love 8

The really awful part about David, his friend paying for him to go to Thailand for depression. That is maybe the worst possible thing he could have ever done for his friend. Not only ignoring and not treating the depression but landing him into the hands of a person who will drain David financially and emotionally.  Its hard to believe any man could be that dumb, and here we have two of them. 

• Love 12
2 hours ago, jackjill89 said:

The dad and the brother were acting like they needed to approve of all of this. If she is a self-supporting adult, she doesn't need anyone's permission for anything. It may be a custom to ask the dad for his daughter's hand in marriage, but it isn't necessary. She's not his property. 

But that's just it, Elizabeth is not a self supporting adult. Father Elizabeth repeatedly expressed concern that he would have to support both Elizabeth and what's-his-name. Right now, she works in dad's business, but it seems like he's carrying her.  So, it is kind of her dad's business. A better plan would be to cut Elizabeth off and let her struggle and make her own way. Or she should do it herself, if she really does not want dad butting in her business. 

2 hours ago, ChiBurbsMama said:

What is it with Kentucky, specifically Louisville? No women there? Isn't this the 2nd or 3rd guy from Louisville featured on this show or one of its various flavors?

Yeah, and what a shock to go from Bangkok to Louisville.  And we thought Paola was bored.  

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Standard Staples said:

Wow. Only in the preview section, and I'm already blown away that she dragged Mae over to Morocco...

The whole Nicole situation is despicable. So she has her child calling a stranger in another country "daddy" and now she is taking her away from everything she knows to Morocco for 2 months. She's knows nothing about those people and is potentially exposing her child to god knows what! Just sickening.

• Love 12

Almost as despicable as moving a strange man, half your age, from another country into your home with two young daughters. That is insane! Go have your fun with him outside your home, but don't put your daughters at risk like that. It makes me sick just thinking about it.

• Love 19

Nicole still looks like a linebacker. Her dad did say that Nicole needed to get a real good job if he was going to sponsor Azan, so maybe the Tampa Bay Buccaneers would be a good fit.

Poor Elizabeth inherited her father's weak chin and double chin. She also applies her lipstick in thick strokes on the corners of her mouth. Yikes. But for the amount of time she puts into her appearance (hair's freshly highlighted and straightened, full make-up), I'm surprised she's not better looking. I wonder what she looks like without makeup. 

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Gigglepuff said:

Elizabeth's father knows exactly how much he pays her. He knows she'll be struggling to support the two of them on her salary, and the fact that Andrei is without "skills" makes the situation all that much worse.

I mean, her dad probably expects the husband to be the breadwinner in the relationship, which is pretty standard for men his age. I know my father and his friends believe the same thing. I have a graduate degree and I can support myself, but that doesn't mean my dad is going to be okay with me marrying someone with a low salary potential. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Desert Rat said:

Well, in fairness to Father Nicole, she did explicitly threaten to take the child to live in Morocco permanently so the grandparents could not see the baby again. So, it seems they felt they had no choice if they wanted to keep the granddaughter living in the US where they could still have influence. 

He should have called her bluff, she will barely make it through her two month visit. As someone mentioned earlier watching this Nicole POS makes me violent.

• Love 10

I totally believe Azan wants nothing to do with Nicole. He even hung up his phone on the tell all

he is being paid to continue this story but boy he's going to be pushed and shoved by Nicole again.  He's going to earn this money the hard way

• Love 9
9 hours ago, greekmom said:

Father Nicole – now I know where the stupid came from. The apple doesn’t fall far from that tree.  BTW Where the heck is Nicole living in? A motel?

I feel so bad for that little girl that she has an idiot for a mother.

I was under the impression she lived in her mums home.  And the daughter and her share a room. I didn't notice a motel look.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, TrininisaScorp said:

BUT giving that baby false hope for a “family” is so risky to me!  “Do you want to see daddy?” was very “what the fucking fuck” for me.  Additionally, Nicole using moving the baby as emotional collateral to get her folks to sponsor Azan is pure bullshit.

This seems like something child services should follow up on.  Surely somebody in the local office watches.  Not because of THAT specific statement (that's just a clue), but the entire shit storm that is Nicole.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Awfarmington said:

I think Molly's daughter is the voice of reason, but needs to know a child's place. Mom doesn't have to ask your permission to make a bad decision. Also, what make a house 'yours' is paying for it and having your name on the deed. 

technically yes.  But is is her "home," which mom provides for her.  I think there's a reasonable expectation of what "home" means.  It broke my heart when Molly's daughter said she already had chosen boy toy over her, when Molly chose to go to the DR instead of taking her to NYC.  Plus, when Molly said I've done this this for them, I've done that...when do I get to do something for me (or words to that effect).  OK, her oldest is 17, but her younger child is 6.  No Molly....you're not off the hook yet.  

• Love 15
5 hours ago, Desert Rat said:

Yeah, she threatened to do it permanently, but if they thought about it...that would never ever happen.  Because, that would mean that Azan marries her.  And if she stays in Morocco, then so does Azan and there's no reason for him to marry her.  He doesn't love her, it's to move to the USA.  So they should have called her bluff since it appears that poor little Mae went to Morocco anyway though just for a visit.  

5 hours ago, eggsnbacon said:

chubby girls notoriously shoot from above and it makes to look thinner.

Oooohhh....I'll have to remember this.  

• Love 11
10 hours ago, NinaH said:

Her dad & stepmom, who are partially responsible for that, are idiots for caving in to her. 

She threatened to take Mae away and go live in Morocco.  Even thuogh she would never be allowed to enter by the Moroccan authorities.  She has developed into the whiny, manipulative, underemployed thing she is because her family has allowed it.  I was shocked to see her mother complaining about her temperament.  Who does her mother think is responsible for that?  

10 hours ago, Standard Staples said:

But she also raised the son, who seems to have his head on pretty straight. Very confused.

The son is repeating what he has heard others say.  

Edited by Sprockets
typo
  • Love 6
10 hours ago, NinaH said:

Her dad & stepmom, who are partially responsible for that, are idiots for caving in to her. 

Agreed! They deserve what financial woes they get.

Does Azan even have a job? He didn't seem to be working when Nicole was visiting. (Sorry I didn't get to watch the whole thing last night so I'm re-watching it now. Maybe we will see him actually work, but I doubt it.)

Nicole is a bit of a monster, but that monster was created by her entire family. She's got very little empathy for the people around her, and she uses her daughter as a tool to get at them.

Her family should have said, "Fine, take your daughter and go to Morocco to be with Azan."  He would have dropped her like a hot potato.

What is it with these people who think they can marry four or five levels out of their league? I wouldn't be so critical of the disparity in appearance if it weren't for the fact that the Americans were so shallow.  And selfish.

Dad expected Nicole to give up a long time ago, but he underestimated his daughter's horniness. And no, she doesn't realize how much responsibility they are taking on. I don't know if her dad is trying to get back at her mom through Nicole or what, but he's making an incredibly stupid decision. Stepmom seems to realize it, but she's in lockstep with dad.

Nicole is one gigantic id.  Food and sex. Food and sex. Food and sex. Me, me, me.

• Love 19
8 hours ago, jackjill89 said:

The dad and the brother were acting like they needed to approve of all of this.

It looked like they simply do not approve of any man they don't know.  I got a strong whiff of Fundamental Christian from them.  And she has said her father is "Type A," by which she means he's a controlling bastard.  

8 hours ago, jackjill89 said:

If she is a self-supporting adult, she doesn't need anyone's permission for anything.

The contract in that family is dad is in charge.  As long as she lives by that contract, she does need his permission.  

• Love 10