Type keyword(s) to search

Season 5 Discussion

Drogo
  • Start Topic

27 minutes ago, Sprockets said:

She threatened to take Mae away and go live in Morocco.  Even thuogh she would never be allowed to do tht nbpy the Moroccan authorities.  She has developed into the whiny, manipulative, underemployed thing she is because her family has allowed it.  I was shocked to see her mother complaining about her temperament.  Who does her mother think is responsible for that?  

The son is repeating what he has heard others say.  

Exactly. Nicole is a monster, but the monster was created! And, the dad made it much worse by agreeing to sponsor Azan.

I said this before, but he deserves whatever financial problems befall him.

Nicole's poor mom is recovering from a stroke. The last thing she needs is more stress. I get that she brought it on herself, but it's so hard to watch!

You make an excellent point about the son. He's feeding into that sibling rivalry by parroting all of the Nicole-bashing, none of which does any good. If anything, it just causes Nicole to become inured to criticism, and to argue with it. Azan is not going to be able to offer her gentle criticism. He's going to have to beat her over the head verbally if he wants to try to make inroads into her character, and then good luck with that because she still probably won't budge. Azan will be beating his own head against the wall just to get his wife to eat a vegetable. And, good luck doing anything around the house because she'll be tired. I would be tired, too, if I were carrying 100 extra pounds. That's exhausting! She's not done gaining weight because she has zero self-control. I don't mean to fat shame, and I hope it doesn't come off that way. It's just sad to see someone so young and so unhealthy because of her own bad choices.

Azan will get Nicole pregnant, and then bring his family over here to help care for the baby. Maybe they'll all go on welfare, courtesy of Nicole's dad. Serves him right for fueling his daughter's fantasy.

Siblings tend to polarize -- especially when there's rivalry. It's always seemed to me to be that way, anyway.  Maybe her brother holds down a job and stays in school. Also, her brother doesn't appear to have brain damage.  Seriously, Nicole seems brain damaged. Not mentally r*******, but mildly brain damaged. (I've ruled out Prader Willi.)

Edited by CoachWristletJen
had to add that about Prader Willi
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, Bugfrey Von said:

My heart breaks for her mother but I wonder what part she had in Nicole's upbringing that helped create this huge walking Id, whose only focus in life is to glut and get her rocks off at the expense of anyone around her.

Oh my gosh, I just said the same thing! I hadn't yet read this.  

She's completely id-driven.

Needless to say, I agree 100%!

That's Nicole -- sex and food, sex and food, sex and food. Me, myself, and I.

And, the monster was created -- by her parents.

(I know I'm just reiterating what you said with dashes -- I can't seem to write much without them.)

8 hours ago, Desert Rat said:

This is child abuse. Someone should call child protective services. Pronto!  I hate Nicole. She blackmailed the grandparents into sponsoring Azan with the threat of taking Mae to Morocco. Horrible bitch. 

She is horrible. It's just a matter of time before Mae gets taken away.

She's going to get knocked up a few more times before all is said and done.

And, I have serious doubts about giving the baby to the grandmother because she's weak. Heaven forbid she raise another Nicole!

• Love 3

Can someone explain the sponsorship deal to me and how that works? How much does it cost and why the person sponsoring is still on the hook if the relationship doesn't work out, etc. Thanks!

I noticed that every time Nicole called 'Daddy', he didn't answer the phone! Ditto on what everyone else has said about Nicole (and I'm so glad she's back!)

Oh, Molly. How can you be that desperate? No fucking way would I bring a 25 year old horndog around my 17 year old daughter. Yes, you deserve to be happy, but Jesus, think!

• Love 9
7 hours ago, mamadrama said:

I can't decide if Nicole is a legitimate dumbass or if she has some kind of actual disorder. Considering that even her family treats her like she's a few fries short of a Happy Meal, I go back and forth.

A few fries short of a Happy Meal? OMG that cracked me up!  Nicole really reminds me of Danielle. I think there possibly could be a learning disability coupled with a narcissism and a high sense of entitlement. I don't believe in armchair diagnosis, but it wouldn't surprise me if she had some sort of learning impairment. It wouldn't surprise me if because of that she was coddled as a child and that's why she's so self-centered and thinks the world owes her. They expected her to grow up, and she can't. 

• Love 10

Elizabeth has NINE siblings ? I smell a great backstory on this family! Igor will never make it to the USA... 

Poor May. Someone should call CPS. Shoveling food down her gullet on someone else’s dime while they watch her kid saying she’ll be aok in Morocco. Sheesh. I still say that Azan is gay and clawing for any possible way out of Morocco to practice a gay lifestyle in the wonderful freedoms of the USA...... Nicole and May are just his vehicle to use and that is so wrong for that innocent child.

Molly looks like she’s is with her daughters boyfriend in the pics. Molly is making a huge mistake bringing in her fiancée who is just a bit older than her daughter. Agree with the poster up thread. This is a tinder box of hormones ready to explode. 

Edited by Alonzo Mosely FBI
  • Love 4

Did Mae’s father work with Nicole to get the child’s passport? I know that when I have to get my daughter’s passport (every 5 years for minors), my exhusband has come with me.  Then, for each trip he gives me a notarized note stating that he knows our daughter is traveling out of the country with me and that we have his permission. It’s not required for every country but the State Dept. recommends it. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
Just now, CofCinci said:

Did Mae’s father work with Nicole to get the child’s passport? I know that when I have to get my daughter’s passport (every 5 years for minors), my exhusband has come with me.  Then, for each trip he gives me a notarized note stating that he knows our daughter is traveling out of the country with me and that we have his permission. It’s not required for every country but the State Dept. recommends it. 

I'm just guessing here, but if there's no father on the birth certificate, and therefore no child support/custody order, Nicole gets to do whatever she wants - and whatever she can "guilt" her parents into paying for.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 11

To everyone who commented about Nicole threatening to take Mae and go live in Morocco so she can get what she wants.

I don't understand how stupid family Nicole are.  It's not moving from one state to another.  She would need some type of visa or citizenship to live there.  And if parents thought that Azan would marry her to stay. Please.... Azan wants to LEAVE Morocco - not have lazy ass Nicole move there.  He would have dropped her like a hot potato at the first suggestion.  Actually, if I was Mother Nicole, I would say, oh ok.  Just call him up right now and tell him change of plans you are moving to Morocco and let's see his reaction. 

Next, neither parent has skyped with this guy but he wrote "a very nice letter" to the dad?  And with this and Nicole's whining they are giving in?  Again, not sure if this is Sharp plot contrivance or what.  

Lastly, Father Nicole - when you want something from your kids (i.e. to do their homework, get a job whatever). FIRST then do what you want, then you do what they want.  That's how it works. Not, I'll sponsor Azan and then you get your life together. 

• Love 16
1 hour ago, Cranky One said:

Can someone explain the sponsorship deal to me and how that works? How much does it cost and why the person sponsoring is still on the hook if the relationship doesn't work out, etc. Thanks!

I noticed that every time Nicole called 'Daddy', he didn't answer the phone! Ditto on what everyone else has said about Nicole (and I'm so glad she's back!)

Oh, Molly. How can you be that desperate? No fucking way would I bring a 25 year old horndog around my 17 year old daughter. Yes, you deserve to be happy, but Jesus, think!

You have to earn 125% of the current Federal poverty level guidelines. If you don't a sponsor in effects co signs the loan for you. Now for 10 years if the spouse you petitioned for goes on government assistance, general relief, food stamps... then you have to reimburse the government

• Love 6
1 hour ago, CoachWristletJen said:

Nicole's poor mom is recovering from a stroke. The last thing she needs is more stress. I get that she brought it on herself, but it's so hard to watch!

I didn't know that.  But it doesn't give her the license to bash the Frankenstein monster she created.  

He's going to have to beat her over the head verbally if he wants to try to make inroads into her character, and then good luck with that because she still probably won't budge. Azan will be beating his own head against the wall just to get his wife to eat a vegetable.

It will be like punching a giant marshmallow.  As for not consuming vegetables, you really can't expect her to eat her own kind.  

And, good luck doing anything around the house because she'll be tired. I would be tired, too, if I were carrying 100 extra pounds. That's exhausting! She's not done gaining weight because she has zero self-control. I don't mean to fat shame, and I hope it doesn't come off that way. It's just sad to see someone so young and so unhealthy because of her own bad choices.

Nicole makes bad choices on all levels, and she has zero self-awareness.  I've met trees who were more conscious.  Her size is the literal and figurative elephant in the room, and I see it as the outward manifestation of her inner misery.  

Azan will get Nicole pregnant, and then bring his family over here to help care for the baby. Maybe they'll all go on welfare, courtesy of Nicole's dad. Serves him right for fueling his daughter's fantasy.

That seems terrifyingly likely!  Eeeeeek!  

Seriously, Nicole seems brain damaged. Not mentally r*******, but mildly brain damaged. (I've ruled out Prader Willi.)

At the very least, she's dumber than a giant marshmallow, or a tree.  The world can count on her to make nothing but disastrous decisions for the rest of her life, driven by her need to fill the echoing Grand Canyon of need inside of her.  Poor little Mae.  

Edited by Sprockets
  • Love 7
12 hours ago, Standard Staples said:

Nicole's mom is a legitimate enigma. She has been the voice of reason every step of the way (she even just called Nicole out for holding the family hostage!)... and yet somehow she raised Nicole to be this person. But she also raised the son, who seems to have his head on pretty straight. Very confused.

Now Nicole is going to drag Mae to Morocco for TWO MONTHS to see "Daddy." At least the production crew will be there to watch Mae when Nicole decides to throw down with Azan again.

where is she getting the money to fly to Morocco for 2 months? Is he show paying her to go over there for filming? Because she is Broke, she can't afford 2 airline tickets to Morocco. For the 2 months she is there ..she can't work. And as for her threat to take Mae and move to Morocco? She would not last more than a week actually living there- no fast food, no kissing in public etc. 

I don't quite get how she is going to Morocco and paying for it. Maybe the show sees her as a big fat Ratings Cow...so she would get more money to go than staying home...but she didnt want to leave Mae for 2 months. At least the film crew will be there to keep an eye on Mae. Jeez

• Love 7
11 hours ago, AmyBre said:

Molly (41 going on 52) you have two daughters and you want to bring a 21 year old boy, full of hormones into your home where your 17-year old lives.  Your home and the 70K Infiniti SUV parked outside look nice.  You co-own your own boutique.  Great.  But you are a desperate housewife who must impress her family by marrying a bartender from a poor country.   That has failure written all over it.   But at least that poor guy will have a chance at upgrading his life a little bit.

Molly also thinks that she will take her little brat to New York and that Luis will stay sitting at home.

I'm seriously hoping that this woman, former reality TV vet, is only doing this to promote herself but her daughter's reactions make me think she is really serious about this.  And those were EXACTLY my thoughts!  I have a 15 year-old and even if I were to eventually date my crushes, they wouldn't set foot in this house.  I'm not about to expose my gorgeous 15 year old to potential predators.  

And holy fuck, I never thought I'd see someone tackier than Darcey on this show.  

• Love 16

I wrote about the selection process on September 5th.  Here’s the gist of it and why Nicole and Azan are picked again.

Sharp and TLC explicitly pick the ones in the worst circumstances or least likely to make it as a couple.

N&A are picked because Sharp/TLC know that their circumstance are ripe for drama.  I wouldn’t be surprised if Sharp has someone scanning forums to see what people are saying about their shows.  As a matter of fact, this is a formal position within their marketing, along with their focus groups.

Hundreds of couples apply to these freak shows, they will receive financial and legal assistance with the process and their 2 minutes of fame.  Of these hundreds, they select 10 to 20 and from those, they pick the final 5 or 6 couples that they will feature.  You need to picture this selection process.   A big round table of producers, each indicating which couple is weirder than the next.  Which aspects of their lives can be exploited?   All the things we write about and find absolutely crazy/stupid, have been planned or predicted by producers who have been doing this for a long time.

There are thousands of couples applying for K9 visas every day.  But these normal couples don’t generate clicks, or viewers who come back and stay for the commercials.    It is the 48-year old with no money and no common sense buying her Thai love slave, or the “41” year old cougar Bra impresario with her bartender Luis who get viewers (intelligent viewers like us who spend money).

As a very serious side note, I think Sharp Entertainment is overdoing the “exploit the poor” angle.  If they don’t tone it down a bit, they may face a backlash or “viewer fatigue”.  To exploit the poverty of Jenny's and Karine's families is just nasty and very low.  Darcey we laugh.  But to make fun of people's unfortunate circumstances to sell commercials is just wrong.

Edited by AmyBre
  • Useful 1
  • Love 21

If Elizabeth is not supporting herself and Nicole isn't supporting herself...well, then, the parents DO have complete right to dictate who, what, where, when and why, even if they are legal adults. If you want to adult, then support yourself and THEN you can make your own (stupid) decisions.

• Love 8
44 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

Interesting.  I don't remember Nicole's story, but perhaps the bio-dad has given up custody?  If so, do the same rules apply?

Does anyone understand how the sponsorship works? If Azan gets a green card eventually but won't get a job, they have to pay his bills? or is it that he just would not qualify for any government aid? I don't think the sponsors have to literally pay all his bills for ten years. I just think he can't apply for government assistance. I wish I understood more what it actually is. The wife kept saying we are responsible for him for ten years, which sounds INSANE.

Ideally when he can work, he will work and all of them will have a better life. I mean he doesn't strike me as someone who won't try to get a career...and get far away from Nicole as soon as he can support himself and gets the green card. I don't think the dad should worry too much about Azan becoming a leach.

I think they would have broken up except for the show - it benefits him to stay with her to be on the show. 

I also think that Molly's daughter when she said "you are forcing me to do this and I never agreed, I am just supposed to go along with it"-- I think she meant the SHOW and having cameras there. I think her mom signed up on purpose for this reality show- called TLC the second she got the fake proposal to get her business back on TV. SHe IS going to attempt to do this because she IS familiar with 90 day Fiance.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, sasha206 said:

Oh geez, so Evelyn is essentially using this for her musical career.  And while she has a great voice, I am so tired of these breathy, indie singers.

which one is Evelyn?

Just now, Granny58 said:

which one is Evelyn?

I'm watching the 2nd episode and there's a young woman named Evelyn who has a band with the family.  And of course, they are showcasing the talent on the show.

12 minutes ago, Bellalisa said:

Does anyone understand how the sponsorship works?

The basic premise is that immigrants are not to become dependent on the government for support.  Found this online at a website called nolo.com.

===========================

The fiancé visa is an unusual one. Although technically it's a nonimmigrant visa (which lasts only 90 days), its purpose is not only to allow the K-1 visa holder to enter the U.S. and marry the U.S. citizen sponsor, but to allow the immigrant to apply for a green card if desired.

So, while the financial standards for most nonimmigrant (temporary) visas require simply showing that the applicant has enough money to cover his or her time in the United States, fiancé visa applicants must show a bit more. It depends in part on the consular officer conducting the visa interview. Each consulate has a lot of discretion in evaluating the income needed for a fiancé visa to be approved.

Fiancé visa applicants are often asked to show that their sponsor is able to support them at 100% of the federal Poverty Guidelines. (For Nicole, Azan, and Mae, this would currently be about $20,000.)  These guidelines are published annually and can be found on Form I-864P, published by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). The sponsor may be asked to submit an Affidavit of Support on USCIS Form I-134 (which is much shorter than the I-864 Affidavit that sponsors of immigrants for green cards must fill out).

However, the information provided on Form I-134 or otherwise will stay in the applicant's file. And, within a mere few months of arriving in the U.S., the applicant should have married and may have chosen to apply for a U.S. green card. So, it is to the fiancés’ advantage if, at the time of the consular interview, the sponsor can show an income level at or above 125% of the minimum in the guidelines. (Showing anything less at this point may raise questions during the eventual green card interview that takes place in the United States.) In addition, some consular officers are particularly strict in dealing with fiancé visas, and will be more likely to deny the visa if the sponsor’s income is not at the 125% level.

Other officers may simply apply the “eyeball” test for fiancés—if the applicant looks young and healthy, that's enough to justify granting the K-1 fiance visa (which is, after all, good for only 90 days and comes only with the requirement that the couple marry, not that the immigrant apply for a green card—he or she can always choose to return home after the wedding).

If you are having trouble meeting the consulate’s standards for getting a K-1 fiancé visa, you won’t be able to have a “joint sponsor” sign an affidavit of support the way you can when it comes time to apply for the green card. However, if you have family members who live with you and have income or assets that could be used to support the fiancé, definitely let the consulate know about that. The best way may be for that person to fill out and sign an I-134 form, with proof of income and/or assets. Although the consular officer is not required to accept the I-134, it may help convince the officer that the fiancé will be taken care of in the United States.

Both the advantage and the disadvantage of the Form I-134 Affidavit of Support is that it is not considered to have much legal weight. In other words, although a U.S. government agency could take a sponsor to court to enforce it, they never seem to do so. Perhaps they realize they wouldn’t win. That’s an advantage because makes it easier for the U.S. citizen fiancé to sign the form, knowing that it won’t endanger his or her financial future if the marriage never happens. It’s also a disadvantage: Because the consular officials know that the affidavit is hardly worth the paper it’s written on, they may disregard it and rely on other facts about your financial condition. In most cases, though, a signed I-134 from the U.S. fiancé showing income or assets at or above 100% of the poverty level for the household size will be all you need.

• Love 6
11 hours ago, Bugfrey Von said:

Maybe her parents tried to one up each other with the whole "Well, if your mom/dad won't give it to you, I will!"

I think it was more Dad wasn't much of a parent for whatever reason and made up for it by indulging Nicole.   Mom could only do so much to counteract that.    This is why parents need to be on the same page when it comes to rules and disciplines -- manipulative kids will play the parents off each other and you wind up with this mess.

I somehow don't think this is the first "daddy" Mae has had.   Molly's daughter is what Mae will be in 10 years.  

• Love 9

To me it didn’t seem for sure Elizabeth’s family is supporting her.  If she is doing a real job for her dad and paid fair wages then just because she is employed by him doesn’t mean she is supported by him.  However, he seems a bit like the type who wouldn’t see it that way.  I work with family businesses, acting like your kids aren’t proper employees just creates a lot of issue both in the business and in the family.

Elizabeth’s boyfriend seems a bit aggressive from the description but we will see what he is like in person, maybe the Alpha make stuff is played up and his is assertive but not aggressive.

I will admit I am looking forward to the train wreck that is Nicole.  The parents are crazy to take on the risk of sponsorship.  I would be leery of even co-signing a car loan for a relative!  It doesn’t seem Nicole has made any effort to improve her health or her financial situation since we last saw her. While the comments Ayzan make about her weight seem really mean, it is hard not to side with him because she is way too young to be so obese.  At her age, she could lose weight and probably all the skin would even bounce back.

ETA I read the K1 info posted and it seems the sponsorship isn’t much risk really.  I am shocked though at the low income requirement!  125% of $20k to bring someone there to the US.  I am just really surprised that minimum wage levels of income allow sponsorship.  I could see if the finance can prove he/she has a lot of marketable skills that add to the US economy. Getting into the US via the K1 seems pretty easy actually.  I am Canadian and growing up I had always thought the only way into the US was to get into a big multi-national and sent to the US or have an in demand skill that the US needs.

Edited by fountain
  • Love 6
21 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

The basic premise is that immigrants are not to become dependent on the government for support.  Found this online at a website called nolo.com.

Thank you.  With any luck Azan will not be approved for entry.  

• Love 1

Elizabeth may have a job but it's courtesy of her father. He pays her salary. unconsciously she's seeking his approval because she's wants to keep him happy. He could easily cut her loose (and sabotage the whole K1 process in doing so) if she doesn't toe the line. She's assuming the role of helpless female caught between two alpha males. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Lion18 said:

I totally believe Azan wants nothing to do with Nicole. He even hung up his phone on the tell all

he is being paid to continue this story but boy he's going to be pushed and shoved by Nicole again.  He's going to earn this money the hard way

I think it's probably the TLC paycheck and pressure from his family. Last season they seemed more than willing to accept Nicole, no matter what she said or did. Azan coming to the US may be a pathway to bring the family over. 

9 hours ago, Miss Chevious said:

I think it's Section 8 housing. As a single mother, Nicole is going for all the governmental programs she can get.

Are there any rules surrounding people on govt benefits to qualify for sponsoring a K1? If not, there should be. 

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

Are there any rules surrounding people on govt benefits to qualify for sponsoring a K1? If not, there should be. 

The reason Nicole's father had to sponsor Azan is because Nicole is on welfare.  If something happens and Nicole's father loses his job and can no longer support them, father is responsible to pay back any government benefits that Azan receives.  Yes, immigrants can apply for welfare, Section 8, and food stamps.  

• Love 1

Evelyn's best friend thinks she is moving too fast; despite her mother's resistance, Nicole leaves for Morocco with May; David struggles to come up with enough money to satisfy Annie's family; Molly's conservative father questions Luis' intentions.

51 minutes ago, fountain said:

I read the K1 info posted and it seems the sponsorship isn’t much risk really.  I am shocked though at the low income requirement!  125% of $20k to bring someone there to the US

The amount is different depending on the family size. It's 20,300 for  a couple (sponsor and the person being sponsored). If there are children in the household, either immigrants or children of the sponsor, the amount goes up. Because Nicole has Mae, her amount would be $25,525. Think of Dani, with 3 kids, plus Mo, her threshold was 36K. 

Maybe I'm just being unrealistic, but supporting yourself on 20K is nearly impossible. Much less another person. I just don't see it without some kind of support. They need to raise those minimums to at least 200%. JMO.

• Love 6
14 hours ago, poeticlicensed said:

So the 48 year old guy has no money ? I don't get it. 

Nicole and azan are Dani and mo 2.0. when her dad and stepmom voiced their concerns, her face couldn't have said I don't care any louder. Mae calls azan daddy? Ugh. Who thinks she will get a job? Anyone? Anyone? 

I don’t understand how he can afford to live in Thailand with no job or money. 

I hated nicole last season and I hate her again. Her brother summed it up. She’s not very observant. 

Edited by CourtneyCourt
missing a word
  • Love 4
12 minutes ago, CourtneyCourt said:

I don’t understand how can afford to live in Thailand with no job or money. 

It was implied that his friend has been bankrolling him.  Note how the first words out of his mouth were all about how he needs more money.  I suspect his friend sent him to Thailand to get laid, and this has taken on a life of its own.  Hopefully the friend refuses his request.  That would be the friendliest thing to do.  

• Love 3
14 hours ago, Godfrey said:

She's an awful piece of work. I feel so sorry for Azan.

I don't know if I'm going to be able to stand listening to her mispronounce his name all season.  

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Cranky One said:

I agree.

2 hours ago, AZChristian said:

But then the first thing I noticed in the previews about Azan was that he was holding and kissing Mae quite freely.  I know that kissing an adult is different from kissing a child, but it set off red flags in my non-objective mind.

You.and.me.both.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

===========================

The fiancé visa is an unusual one. Although technically it's a nonimmigrant visa (which lasts only 90 days), its purpose is not only to allow the K-1 visa holder to enter the U.S. and marry the U.S. citizen sponsor, but to allow the immigrant to apply for a green card if desired.

So, while the financial standards for most nonimmigrant (temporary) visas require simply showing that the applicant has enough money to cover his or her time in the United States, fiancé visa applicants must show a bit more. It depends in part on the consular officer conducting the visa interview. Each consulate has a lot of discretion in evaluating the income needed for a fiancé visa to be approved.

Fiancé visa applicants are often asked to show that their sponsor is able to support them at 100% of the federal Poverty Guidelines. (For Nicole, Azan, and Mae, this would currently be about $20,000.)  These guidelines are published annually and can be found on Form I-864P, published by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). The sponsor may be asked to submit an Affidavit of Support on USCIS Form I-134 (which is much shorter than the I-864 Affidavit that sponsors of immigrants for green cards must fill out).

However, the information provided on Form I-134 or otherwise will stay in the applicant's file. And, within a mere few months of arriving in the U.S., the applicant should have married and may have chosen to apply for a U.S. green card. So, it is to the fiancés’ advantage if, at the time of the consular interview, the sponsor can show an income level at or above 125% of the minimum in the guidelines. (Showing anything less at this point may raise questions during the eventual green card interview that takes place in the United States.) In addition, some consular officers are particularly strict in dealing with fiancé visas, and will be more likely to deny the visa if the sponsor’s income is not at the 125% level.

Other officers may simply apply the “eyeball” test for fiancés—if the applicant looks young and healthy, that's enough to justify granting the K-1 fiance visa (which is, after all, good for only 90 days and comes only with the requirement that the couple marry, not that the immigrant apply for a green card—he or she can always choose to return home after the wedding).

If you are having trouble meeting the consulate’s standards for getting a K-1 fiancé visa, you won’t be able to have a “joint sponsor” sign an affidavit of support the way you can when it comes time to apply for the green card. However, if you have family members who live with you and have income or assets that could be used to support the fiancé, definitely let the consulate know about that. The best way may be for that person to fill out and sign an I-134 form, with proof of income and/or assets. Although the consular officer is not required to accept the I-134, it may help convince the officer that the fiancé will be taken care of in the United States.

Both the advantage and the disadvantage of the Form I-134 Affidavit of Support is that it is not considered to have much legal weight. In other words, although a U.S. government agency could take a sponsor to court to enforce it, they never seem to do so. Perhaps they realize they wouldn’t win. That’s an advantage because makes it easier for the U.S. citizen fiancé to sign the form, knowing that it won’t endanger his or her financial future if the marriage never happens. It’s also a disadvantage: Because the consular officials know that the affidavit is hardly worth the paper it’s written on, they may disregard it and rely on other facts about your financial condition. In most cases, though, a signed I-134 from the U.S. fiancé showing income or assets at or above 100% of the poverty level for the household size will be all you need.

According to this, the whole thing sounds like even with the "sponsorship" of her dad, he may not get in. She has nothing. Except possibly some savings from doing this show.  But it also sounds like the dad does not have to support Azan for 10 years as the stepmom keeps saying- according to this. Because if they fill out that form, it must say something about the ten years. But immigration does not have to agree to it AND looks like it carries no legal weight at all. They really could just let him rot on the streets and they would be in absolutely no trouble at all. 

• Love 2

I'm just guessing here, but if there's no father on the birth certificate, and therefore no child support/custody order, Nicole gets to do whatever she wants - and whatever she can "guilt" her parents into paying for. 

On the first go round with Nicole and Azan there was a quasi explanation about this. Apparently Nicole was prone to running away from home as a teen. I know I'm not 100% on the details - but as I recall it was once or twice maybe. And she got pregnant with Mae one of those times and they either found her in Texas with a Mexican national or in Mexico? But the implication was that Mae's father is an illegal immigrant from Mexico and has nothing to do with them at all. At least that's kind of what I remember.

Literally the second Molly's daughter started crying I thought  "she's done this before and whoever the hell she brought into the house molested that girl."  

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, Bellalisa said:

They really could just let him rot on the streets and they would be in absolutely no trouble at all. 

I'm guessing  it becomes a problem if the immigrant applies for government benefits. They can look back at the sponsorship form and go after the person who signed it to repay the benefits, much like non-custodial parents get garnished for the welfare benefits their ex uses if they don't provide child support. 

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, jumper sage said:
3 hours ago, AZChristian said:

But then the first thing I noticed in the previews about Azan was that he was holding and kissing Mae quite freely.  I know that kissing an adult is different from kissing a child, but it set off red flags in my non-objective mind.

You.and.me.both.

In North African countries like Morocco and Egypt, you'll often see shop owners in the streets giving sweets and other treats to kids and people make a huge fuss over them in general. It's cultural, I know saying it's cultural is a cliche but they really are very fond of kids. Some things they do seem strange to us but it's the norm over there. I remember being shocked at how men walked around holding hands and hugging each other. It doesn't mean a thing, it's just cultural. Azan's family will probably treat Mae like gold. 

Nicole is an idiot and that's the problem, not Morocco itself. Children live there and holiday there all the time, it's a popular destination for Europeans especially. 

• Love 15
13 minutes ago, shockermolar said:

On the first go round with Nicole and Azan there was a quasi explanation about this. Apparently Nicole was prone to running away from home as a teen. I know I'm not 100% on the details - but as I recall it was once or twice maybe. And she got pregnant with Mae one of those times and they either found her in Texas with a Mexican national or in Mexico? But the implication was that Mae's father is an illegal immigrant from Mexico and has nothing to do with them at all. At least that's kind of what I remember.

Literally the second Molly's daughter started crying I thought  "she's done this before and whoever the hell she brought into the house molested that girl."  

Whoa! Wait... how old is Nicole and how old was she when she had Mae???

Because knowing what they did about her lack of stability, birth would've been a great time to get legal custody of Mae for her safety!

Unless there's more to the story. Like why she kept running away and if she was pregnant before she ran away. 

Something about this family...

10 hours ago, Cranky One said:

Luis is 21, not 25.  It's worse.

Correction, Luis is 26, still not someone I'd bring around my 17 year old daughter.

Edited by AmyBre
age of Luis
  • Love 5

I said I wouldn't comment on Nicole because I find her repulsive as a person and as a mother, if she can be called that.  But I'll say this.

Nicole is so "gold" for the Sharp/TLC that she is the only participant to be featured on two separate seasons, of the same series.   I could see the producers milking her for all the drama she has.   The producers know about the polarity of her parents and will suck that dry as well. 

What does that say about us as a society?   and what does it say about the sad state of creativity on television and in the entertainment in general.

I second someone's observation that Nicole's issues may be clinical and might have been diagnosed.   This doesn't excuse her behaviour, but her father's enabling screams of feeling sorry for her and perhaps he knows that she is a sick person who will eventually destroy herself and her poor daughter.    If Sharp/TLC are knowingly exploiting a sick person (schizoprenia, bipolar, etc), Matt Sharp and his crew will burn in hell.  

Edited by AmyBre
  • Love 5
19 minutes ago, brillia79 said:

Whoa! Wait... how old is Nicole and how old was she when she had Mae???

Because knowing what they did about her lack of stability, birth would've been a great time to get legal custody of Mae for her safety!

Unless there's more to the story. Like why she kept running away and if she was pregnant before she ran away. 

Something about this family...

She's 23 now, and Mae is 2.5, so she had to be 18 or 19 when she got pregnant. I got the sense last season that Nicole was not underage when Mae was born. or when she ran away. I think the parents probably told her she had to take care of Mae and they would help, hence the section 8 housing and welfare. They probably thought being responsible for a small child would make Nicole grow up. Boy were they wrong. What she did instead was to get online and start looking for a guy in a foreign country. In her magical thinking, she thought it would be fun and romantic, (she is Jasmine, he is Alladin), plus my understanding about men on some dating apps from certain countries are ready to pounce on any American woman who goes there. 

It looked like family Nicole was in an all you can eat buffet restaurant. Which just goes to show what rotten judgement  the entire family has. You have a Nicole, who is morbidly obese and the brother who isn't too far behind, and where do you go? A place where shoveling it in is encouraged. 

Edited by poeticlicensed
  • Love 5