Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E14: Oh, The Places You’ll Go

nikita
  • Start Topic

Ok so here is what my delivery nurse said about the drug testing. This is for the state of New York  and more specifically I delivered at a some what prestigious  hospital, J-lo had her twins there. Anyway my nurse said that no, not every baby is tested for drugs out of the womb. She said that they tested Jenelles kids because of her history. Her medical history has to have the heroin use documented especially since she was getting a script for suboxone for a while. Also she said if there is reasonable concern based on looks, personality, comments made, into the office smelling of pot, acting stoned and in her case a tv show about her that documents her full support of smoking pot that they will test both mother and baby. They probably also tested her original prenatal blood work and urine and saw traces of pot use. 

So her answer to the question was no, most babies are not tested unless their is history or suspicion of drug use. 

• Love 20
7 hours ago, Rebecca said:

I don't know where she got engaged but she definitely loves the Cracker Barrel meatloaf. Gary brought her some when she moved into that motel with Leah in an early season  and she practically orgasmed at the sight of the stuff.

Yikes! Was she wearing her gray onesie?

• Love 2

I'm surprised Luis lasted as long as he did.  He's certainly no prize but my goodness they werent happy he was there/they werent happy he left.  And after Luis leaves Briana's mom says "should I call him?"  Really Briana Luis makes you uncomfortable.  To bad you didnt spend any time to actually get to know him before you got knocked up.  Nope it's all his fault.  Side note.  Briana has the weirded shaped fake butt ever.

• Love 9

LOOOOOOooong time lurker first time poster! Made an account just to respond to this (sidenote the security rules for this are more strict than anything I've ever done and it took so many tries! ?)I can't believe I'm defending the coven but  I don't agree with this criticism of Brianna. If you are breastfeeding a brand new baby you typically don't give a bottle or even paci so early as it can lead to nipple confusion/most moms don't pump yet. Also another poster said they should have fed her before...most newborns just cry for comfort it's not necessarily a hunger thing. I've totally done this before when nothing else would calm my son down in the car and there is really dangerous about it. 

• Love 3
11 hours ago, vmcd88 said:

BTW OMG we had our rehearsal dinner at Olive Garden back in 2002.  It was a swanky affair.  

I think it sounds lovely.  We had ours at one of those "wonderful" local spaghetti joints and the air conditioning wasn't working.  Have you ever tried to eat pasta in 85 degree heat?  That wouldn't have happened, methinks, if I had chosen OG.

• Love 3

My rehearsal dinner was at Buca di Beppo. It was awesome! Budget friendly too - since my husband insisted inviting all the out of town guests. Which was basically all of them. Thank goodness I held the line on serving beer and wine only.?More thank goodness my in-laws paid for the whole thing. 

Now there's the PR picture of Jenelle there. She's probably at the Pope table too. My fond memories are now compromised.

• Love 3
On 10/5/2017 at 9:29 AM, Pepper Mostly said:

Wow. you can barely see her among the mob of guests! Snort.

Briana cannot be apart from the Coven. She loses her life essence and weakens and if not returned to the family cauldron post haste, will fade away and die.

The Coven are not in the least invested in problem solving. No one is interested in solutions. They lay out the plan (something they saw on a Lifetime movie once, I think. Maybe a rom-com. You know, guy meets girl, guy knocks up girl, guy tries to duck responsibility, guy "steps up" by providing diapers and wipes--for real, that is all anyone talks about! "We need diapers and wipes!"-guy saves baby from drowning in tub or falling off the changing table, suddenly realizes that he loves the baby and his eyes are opened to how heroically and steadfastly girl cares for baby and deals with all the assorted drama in her life, realizes he loves her too and asks if she can ever forgive his foolishness and can they be a family forever, the end). God knows why they want this since Luis is no prize. They just love making their drab, boring lives into a big soap opera any time, any where.

@KittyKat133--congratulations! glad all went well and welcome baby Jack!

You know, a blind item I read months ago makes sense now.  Supposedly Briana was being "made to shack up with guys for money" at the orders of her mother.  Which sounds like being prostituted, but maybe instead her mother was pushing her to get pregnant again for this show?  She ends up sleeping with a bunch of guys either way.

This also explains why her mother is ragging on Luis so hard.  She's doing it for the show, forcing him away because being a mother to another child without a father is an ideal thing for Briana in her mother's mind.

Edited by Eater of Worlds
  • Love 1

Briana is boring to me. I do think she seems to be a good mom though. Nova is a cutie and Briana smiles so much at her and talks sweetly to her. I'm confused, does her mom, sister and Briana all share that apartment? The sister is always laying on the couch lol. 

Chelsea seems to have matured a lot as a mother too and her daughter is a cutie. 

Jenelle just seems evil. I can't quite explain it. She seems in love with her daughter when she was a newborn but it was short lived and now it seems she just goes thru the motions of caring for her with those dead eyes 

Kail has blotchy skin and needs to wear some foundation, holy crap. She does seem to enjoy her boys. I think it means a lot to her to be the exact opposite of the mom she had. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, shedevil1111 said:

Briana is boring to me. I do think she seems to be a good mom though. Nova is a cutie and Briana smiles so much at her and talks sweetly to her. I'm confused, does her mom, sister and Briana all share that apartment? The sister is always laying on the couch lol. 

Yes, they share a 3 bedroom apartment. Brittany and Roxanne both have a room. So Briana, Nova, and Stella all share one. I feel badly for Nova, being woken up by A. a crying baby and B. Briana's dramatics all hours of the night. They need their own place. 

Jenelle just seems evil. I can't quite explain it. She seems in love with her daughter when she was a newborn but it was short lived and now it seems she just goes thru the motions of caring for her with those dead eyes 

Ensley was born with pot in her system. So I'm guessing that what appeared to be adoration with the baby was really just Jenelle being high. 

Kail has blotchy skin and needs to wear some foundation, holy crap. She does seem to enjoy her boys. I think it means a lot to her to be the exact opposite of the mom she had. 

If it means a lot to her, you'd think she'd try harder. Kail, IMO, is Suzy without the alcoholism. One of Kail's biggest complaints was that Suzy put men first. And now here's Kail, jumping from man to man, never giving her children time to process. She wasn't even there for the boys after Javi came back and they announced their divorce. She was busy getting pregnant by Chris. Now she's just had Chris's baby and some OTHER dude is making appearances at the house. NONE of this is putting her children first.

• Love 13
1 minute ago, ghoulina said:

If it means a lot to her, you'd think she'd try harder. Kail, IMO, is Suzy without the alcoholism. One of Kail's biggest complaints was that Suzy put men first. And now here's Kail, jumping from man to man, never giving her children time to process. She wasn't even there for the boys after Javi came back and they announced their divorce. She was busy getting pregnant by Chris. Now she's just had Chris's baby and some OTHER dude is making appearances at the house. NONE of this is putting her children first.

I think the more accurate way to put it is Kail finds it important that she THINKS she's the opposite of her mom. All she is, really, is her mom, with money, a couple extra kids, an over inflated sense of self-importance and accomplishment, and a different personality disorder manifestation. 

• Love 16

If Ensley was born with pot in her system (which seems supported by the fact that Doris isn't being slapped with a slander lawsuit) and DCFS was witness to this episode - likely due to viewers that have called them -- there will be a huge, huge liability claim against DCFS should any of those kids end up harmed if they failed to act on an investigation.  It's my personal belief that Barb - and maybe Doris - will end up with full custody of the other two kids at some point in time. Barb needs to file an immediate TRO on Jase's behalf and Nathan for Kaiser after seeing this episode -- it may be dismissed due to lack of evidence - I do not know, but likely domestic violence coupled with written texts to the producers from the victim (and she's a victim as dumb and bad a parent as she is) and the rough treatment of Kaiser should be enough to get another investigation going at this point. I cannot believe they didn't take that baby from them the moment she tested positive. We had a chick in Pennsylvania whose baby was taken away after she ate an everything bagel right before labor and tested positive for opiates.

And this is sticking in my craw, too. As a blended family --- why were the 4 children not included in the engagement photo? Ridiculous.

Edited by LegallyRed2
  • Love 4
On 10/11/2017 at 10:45 AM, LegallyRed2 said:

If Ensley was born with pot in her system (which seems supported by the fact that Doris isn't being slapped with a slander lawsuit) and DCFS was witness to this episode - likely due to viewers that have called them -- there will be a huge, huge liability claim against DCFS should any of those kids end up harmed if they failed to act on an investigation.  It's my personal belief that Barb - and maybe Doris - will end up with full custody of the other two kids at some point in time. Barb needs to file an immediate TRO on Jase's behalf and Nathan for Kaiser after seeing this episode -- it may be dismissed due to lack of evidence - I do not know, but likely domestic violence coupled with written texts to the producers from the victim (and she's a victim as dumb and bad a parent as she is) and the rough treatment of Kaiser should be enough to get another investigation going at this point. I cannot believe they didn't take that baby from them the moment she tested positive. We had a chick in Pennsylvania whose baby was taken away after she ate an everything bagel right before labor and tested positive for opiates.

And this is sticking in my craw, too. As a blended family --- why were the 4 children not included in the engagement photo? Ridiculous.

Barb would need an OSC - Order to Show Cause, just like what Doris did when she filed her documents. Barb cannot file a TRO without just cause.

MTV would have to provide their footage to the courts. Going by what happened during the Cory and Leah custody issue, no footage would be considered due to the show being highly edited. In fact, MTV informed the court the show itself is highly edited.  We didn't see anything happen inside Jenelle's home. All we know is from the texts the producer and photographer read off and even that doesn't seem enough to prove there was any domestic violence. Jenelle didn't text she was being held against her will. Jenelle said David was cursing at her and putting her down. That doesn't fall under the perimeters of domestic violence. It show a toxic relationship, but that is not enough for the courts to do anything.

• Love 5

Actually, for a TRO you don't need an OSC. She goes to the court and has a hearing. She doesn't need the footage - she can subpeona the producers who were there. Like I said, it may be dismissed due to lack of evidence but at least everything can be throw on the table. This is ludicrous at this point.

• Love 1

I wonder how much CPS response varies by state/area.  Where I live if a report is made it takes on average 2 months for them to start the investigation.  They will only respond immediately if it is an immediate life threatening situation (ie, obviously drunk parent is picking up child in car).  It’s very sad, but they are not staffed to respond quickly to non-life threatening situations like drugs in system, bruises, undernourished child, etc.

• Love 4
50 minutes ago, LegallyRed2 said:

Actually, for a TRO you don't need an OSC. She goes to the court and has a hearing. She doesn't need the footage - she can subpeona the producers who were there. Like I said, it may be dismissed due to lack of evidence but at least everything can be throw on the table. This is ludicrous at this point.

What exactly happened to Jace that Barb would need a TRO? I know Jace is in a highly volatile and toxic environment, but from a legal standpoint, nothing happened that would be construed as being abusive and nothing indicates his life was in harm's way or that he felt imminent danger. Having filled out many TROs myself when I was working as a paralegal, we had to show good cause. I am sure you know that already. I just don't know what would be the point for Barb to file a TRO.  MTV won't cooperate. Crew members can be subpoenaed, that doesn't mean they will testify in an honest manner as to what they witnessed. I am not even sure they have witnessed actual child abuse. As Booger666 mentioned, CPS is overwhelmed and they only tend to the most dangerous situations. Dysfunctional and toxic families just don't cut it. 

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 4

What happens if Jenelle gets pregnant agai? Grandparents don't go in wanting to raise their grandkids unless they have to. Babs is what 64? Jenelle should not get pregnant again

Cps is overwhelmed and they have a foster home shortage. They already have the drug crises overwhelming the system. Jenelle should give Ensely up for adoption and get her tubes tied. She's still young enough. Unfortunately I don't think they'd do this. Two idiots shpuld my reproduce

• Love 7

She shouldn't have gotten pregnant the first three (four? five?) times, but she did and I'm sure she will again. She's either going to try again with UBT to give him a son since he can't see his first one or she'll move onto another soulmate (provided Dave doesn't kill her) and have a baby with him so they'll be too busy to fight. 

• Love 7
7 hours ago, LegallyRed2 said:

I didn't comment that she needed an OSC for a TRO. I pointed out Barb would need to do an OSC. I then commented without just cause, Barb can't do a TRO.  As it was pointed out above, if Jace is not in any danger, filing a TRO is pointless. All that would happen is Jace would not be allowed to go to Jenelle's until the actual hearing for the permanent restraining order happens. Think of the Kail and Jo situation where she filed a TRO on him and she was able to keep Isaac from him for two weeks until the court hearing where she was informed there was no evidence to back up her claim of abuse by Jo and the TRO was dropped. Barb would gain nothing from filing a TRO except a more hostile situation. Jenelle and UBT will eventually screw up and Barb will be able to follow through with a TRO.  Sadly, that is the norm in these kind of cases.

• Love 2

But there is more than enough evidence that Jace IS in danger. If that man is hitting Janelle - which he likely is -- or at least acting in a violent manner and that kid has to live in that house for 2 weekends a year, she has enough to obtain a temporary order of protection for the child she has custody of. Never mind his past criminal history. And the producers were there - something happened in that house. There is video evidence of him being rough with Kaiser. A TRO, if granted, would GET JACE OUT OF THAT HOUSE. If I were her, I would be doing everything to achieve that. The courts do not want to wait for something to happen which is why they grant TRO's with scant evidence. And when you say, all that would happen is Jace would not be allowed to go to Janelle's <---- YES EXACTLY WHY SHE NEEDS TO DO THIS. (I'm a former public defender and have seen TRO's granted for much less...true story.) It's already a hostile situation. She needs to show Janelle she ain't fucking around anymore.

3 minutes ago, LegallyRed2 said:

But there is more than enough evidence that Jace IS in danger

Suspicion is not evidence.  Unless Janelle steps up and charges UBT with abuse - or until there is some definite evidence on film - it's not going to happen.  

10 hours ago, SPLAIN said:

Barb would gain nothing from filing a TRO except a more hostile situation. Jenelle and UBT will eventually screw up and Barb will be able to follow through with a TRO.  Sadly, that is the norm in these kind of cases.

Exactly.  We all hope for sufficient evidence before the damage is irreversible.  

Edited by Sprockets
typo
  • Love 5
On ‎10‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 7:31 PM, BabyDaddy said:

Good question - looking back in my past, I seem to remember that kind of screaming and hollering during graduations and it was usually coming from the relatives who didn't have an education and who had a child that was the first in the family to graduate from high school/college/etc. I used to wonder why my parents didn't make a big deal out of my high school, or even college graduation, but now I know. It's like those Jewish mothers who are only happy when you are finally a lawyer or a doctor. Different standards for different folks.

in the video of  boy-child's receiving of his bachelor's degree, my voice is clearly heard screaming "ALLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX!!!" and I am not ashamed.

On ‎10‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 0:21 AM, KittyKat133 said:

i can't wait to read the new episode thread. I watched it in the hospital lol. After delivering  a brand new little baby I never wanted to bitch slap Jenelle more. If she said "out if the box" one more time I was gonna track her ass down. She wasn't even using it in a context that made any sense!!! 

BTW my delivery nurse was a huge teen mom 2 fan and we spoke a lot about Jenelle. She had some answers regarding the drug test on her babies. 

Congratulations on your little man!

that is amazing that you found one of Our Own at a time like that!!

• Love 5

There is video evidence of him being rough with Kaiser.

To you, me, and countless others it was a child being grabbed and treated in a rough manner. But in the eyes of a judge, it is not abuse. What happened to Kaiser would not fall under the criteria for what constitutes child abuse in the eyes of the law. If that was child abuse, millions of parents would be guilty of abuse.  An attorney would argue on David's behalf that he was just an impatient parent who quickly moved his step-child out of the way and in no way harmed him. He/she would argue many parents do a lot worse and it is still not considered child abuse. It is not proof that Jace is in danger. David or Jenelle would have to be charged with domestic violence in the presence of children (like Amber) or actually be charged with abusing any of the other children before a judge would even view it as a dangerous situation for Jace. 

I wish it was enough evidence because it would mean those kids would be removed from those two assholes. Unfortunately, the courts need something more concrete. 

Edited by GreatKazu
Had to remove that "W" from the word "no"
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

To you, me, and countless others it was a child being grabbed and treated in a rough manner. But in the eyes of a judge, it is not abuse. What happened to Kaiser would not fall under the criteria for what constitutes child abuse in the eyes of the law. If that was child abuse, millions of parents would be guilty of abuse.  An attorney would argue on David's behalf that he was just an impatient parent who quickly moved his step-child out of the way and how many parents do a lot worse and it is still not considered child abuse. It is not also proof that Jace is in danger. David or Jenelle would have to be charged with domestic violence in the presence of children (like Amber) or actually be charged with abusing any of the other children before a judge would even view it as a dangerous situation for Jace. 

I wish it was enough evidence because it would mean those kids would be removed from those two assholes. Unfortunately, the courts need something more concrete. 

I know you're right, but it's just so awful to have to wait until someone becomes collateral damage before anything can be done. These poor kids. Jenelle is a monster.

• Love 3
36 minutes ago, Tatum said:

I know you're right, but it's just so awful to have to wait until someone becomes collateral damage before anything can be done. These poor kids. Jenelle is a monster.

It is a very tough situation for these kids because that is what is going to have to happen. Sit and wait. Until Jace speaks out and says something has occurred, Barb's hands are tied.  The systems would be clogged with cases if every case like Kaiser's was brought into a courtroom. Think of all the phony cases that are brought in such as what Kail and Javi have done. The courts are overwhelmed. The same holds for CPS. When they get overwhelmed, it puts more kids in danger because not every case can be handled thoroughly and the poor kids fall through the cracks.  

9 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

It is a very tough situation for these kids because that is what is going to have to happen. Sit and wait. Until Jace speaks out and says something has occurred, Barb's hands are tied.  The systems would be clogged with cases if every case like Kaiser's was brought into a courtroom. Think of all the phony cases that are brought in such as what Kail and Javi have done. The courts are overwhelmed. The same holds for CPS. When they get overwhelmed, it puts more kids in danger because not every case can be handled thoroughly and the poor kids fall through the cracks.  

This is exactly why Kail will forever be an unredeemable little bitch for filing her phony protection orders and abusing the court system to exact revenge on her exes.

Edited by Tatum
  • Love 5
15 minutes ago, Tatum said:

This is exactly why Kail will forever be an unredeemable little bitch for filing her phony protection orders and abusing the court system to exact revenge on her exes.

She is now claiming Chris has been abusive to her. The common denominator in all these claims of abuse is Kail herself. She is the abuser. She is the typical abuser who victimizes her partner and then claims they are the ones harming her. Even O.J. pulled that shit after her murdered Nicole and Ron. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, GreatKazu said:

She is now claiming Chris has been abusive to her. The common denominator in all these claims of abuse is Kail herself. She is the abuser. She is the typical abuser who victimizes her partner and then claims they are the ones harming her. Even O.J. pulled that shit after her murdered Nicole and Ron. 

I would bet she victim shamed both of her exes too. She probably called Javi a pussy for getting beat by a girl and made him feel too ashamed to tell people.  And then she runs down to courthouse making up stories in an effort to settle some score against them. She's better than Jenelle or Amber, but not by much.

• Love 3