Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E01: eXposed

Bort

Set in the "X-Men" universe, family adventure series THE GIFTED tells the emotional story of a suburban couple whose ordinary lives are rocked by the sudden discovery that their teenage children possess mutant powers. Forced to go on the run from a hostile government, the family seeks help from an underground network of mutants and must fight to survive.

When Strucker contacted Marco on the phone, the ringtone was the first few notes of the 90's X-Men cartoon.

And another Stan Lee LMD shows up at the diner  (oh wait, according to GotG 2, "Stan Lee" is a celestrial being, I forgot).

The X-Men are missing, but Deadpool will probably make a cameo (via TV monitor) during sweeps.

"Don't you just hate these cheap cameos?  You're expecting a lot more, but then nothing happens."

• Love 3

I became unreasonably happy at the X-Men theme being used as a ringtone. 

But I also really enjoyed this without needing the fan service. I liked all the characters in their own way. The dialogue was believable and witty. I knew within ten minutes that I was in. 

Not sure I like Amy Acker's hair color, though. 

• Love 17

Stan Lee! This was pretty good, not much diversity in the main cast though. Is the Asian chick a mole? The writing and the cast was pretty strong, much better than Inhumans.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 2

I really like the cast and the writing. The two kids can actually act and the characters felt like siblings; the caring and the bickering was well done. I smiled when she asked the brother who taught him how to swim and he replied, "you did" and then the bickering in the car. So many shows missed those little moments that make relationships real. I have always thought that Amy Acker was just okay and still do, but Stephen Moyer is a good actor who can make it work.

6 minutes ago, Xantar said:

Not sure I like Amy Acker's hair color, though. 

Yeah, I wasn't a fan of her hair either. I guess they wanted consistency with the daughter's hair color.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, Last Time Lord said:

I was enjoying this well enough, but then Amy Acker's character used a pay phone in 2017. 

I just don't know if I can take this show about people with Mutant abilities and powers seriously, after that.

I see pay phones here and there so that didn't bother me. Not sure I buy that she knew her husband's phone number, though. I don't know ANYBODY'S phone number anymore. If I end up on the run from Mutant Sentinels, I'm screwed.

• Love 20

I love superhero shows, but I was a little bit uncertain about this one...but I thought this was a really promising start to the series. The ring tone using the cartoon X-Men theme made me super happy.  

The acting is all solid, and while we dont know the characters super well, I like what we have seen, and I`m interested in following the story from here. Seeing Stephen Moyers character probably having to team up with the mutants he put in jail will be really interesting and fun to watch. 

So the X-Men AND the Brotherhood are missing? Space shenanigans? Time Travel hijinks? Magneto and Professor X on an extended honeymoon? 

• Love 5

That was very strong as pilots go. I'm in for at least a few episodes!

Amy Acker and Stephen Moyer carried the episode acting-wise, but I was really impressed with Natalie Alyn Lind (the teenage daughter) and Percy Hynes White (the teenage son) as well, especially Lind. They were surprisingly strong while still clearly being teenagers, not 20-somethings pretending to be teens. Good for them! Aside from Jamie Chung, the mutant underground actors were the weak links acting-wise, especially Polaris' stubbly boyfriend (Marco? Marcos?). Though Proudstar/Thunderbird/Warpath wasn't great either. I'm reserving judgment on Lorna until we get to see her do something other than be Jessica Jones lite.

The ep was a bit overstuffed--I would have focused less on the mutant underground and more on the Strucker family, since their situation is way more compelling and you can find out about the mutant underground through them--but I am also impressed at how much world-building the script packed in. It was very efficiently done. Agree that the family had a real family vibe, which is nice; I particularly liked Reed and Kate with the worst principal ever, the kids talking about their powers and blowing up the vending machine, and the bickering in the car at the end. Reed is a little too action hero-y for a nebbishy lawyer type right now, but maybe they'll reveal some backstory in the coming episodes that explain his Secret Agent Man skills. I am calling it now though: the season finale will be Kate tapping into some crazy latent mutant powers herself. If both kids are mutants, one of the parents must be I think, and you don't hire Amy Acker if you're not going to turn her character into a badass. I'm excited to see where she goes in Reed's absence in the next few eps.

Thought the main Sentinel guy's line "it changes when it's your kid" might have been foreshadowing a discovery that his kid is a mutant and he turned the kid in. The kids' coming out scene to Amy Acker was really, really well done.

Nice job, all involved with this pilot. Hope they can build on it!

Edited by stealinghome
  • Love 13
1 minute ago, kariyaki said:

I see pay phones here and there so that didn't bother me. Not sure I buy that she knew her husband's phone number, though. I don't know ANYBODY'S phone number anymore. If I end up on the run from Mutant Sentinels, I'm screwed.

I've not seen a pay phone that wasn't a hollowed out husk in years. 

It's kind of sad, really

• Love 3

I suspect that one of the parents might be a mutant, or maybe one of their grandparents. In most continuities, the mutant gene is genetic, and since the two kids have it, I would assume someone else in their family would. Maybe its the dad, and he takes something that suppresses it? 

• Love 5

Not sure how to make a spoiler? Imbd had some disappointing news on Root and Bill.  Fine start! And I don't even love X men :)

Aha directed by Burn Notice creator? Well, hello Coby. And Brian Singer isn't he formerly Supernatural? Lots of talent!

Edited by Jlina
  • Love 1

Okay start, though I don't usually turn away from a genre show that quickly. Heck, I didn't mind Inhumans, though I confess that I like the giant teleporting Bulldog. Maybe the dog at the Resistance has a power. I suspect something, but I'd be way off.

Kinda cliche incident to kick things off, what with Troubled Outcast getting triggered by the Typical Larger Bullies. I don't know how to classify his powers, though. I mean, the kids won't become Fenris, but at least the girl can be pushed into "Susan Storm with air force fields." And after so many seasons of True Blood, I have to remember that Stephen Moyer is English. Shit, so are one-third of the principle players in TV and movies on superhero shows. But if you suggest an American as the Doctor, you get pummeled for that. Where was I? Right . . . like @AimingforYoko said, this isn't Legion. That was the arthouse project from a Marvel property, and I don't think they'd mesh well.

I know about Polaris and Blink, and I think that was (an) Eye Guy keeping guard. I suspect the tracker guy's nickname. Also kinda like how Jamie Chung isn't painted up like Canon Blink, but they gave her a scar resembling a mark to go with the weird eyes and ears. As somebody who enjoyed Jamie's work on reality television, I'm hoping she'll have more to do than last year on Gotham. I'm amazed Valerie Vale lived after getting shot.

28 minutes ago, Xantar said:

You too? I laughed out loud. Clarice wrecked the dog's favorite squeaky toy and then I heard that. I think the only ringtone that can top that was back in Spectacular Spider-Man, where Peter's phone played "The Itsy-Bitsy Spider."

• Love 1
37 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

I suspect that one of the parents might be a mutant, or maybe one of their grandparents. In most continuities, the mutant gene is genetic, and since the two kids have it, I would assume someone else in their family would. Maybe its the dad, and he takes something that suppresses it? 

I can see the father being a mutant. He looked shocked when he heard and then witnessed the kids' powers so maybe he doesn't take something to suppress his power, but rather hasn't had a situation arise where the stress causes his power to burst out or maybe he didn't recognize that the power was his? It could be an interesting development since he will be locked up with mutants which could trigger his power.

32 minutes ago, Last Time Lord said:

Perhaps I've missed it, but this show is set in the X-Men movie continuity, correct?

I think that this show is set post-Logan, the movie, since they mentioned that the X-Men were gone.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 3

I liked it, for a pilot with a lot of introducing of characters and world building it kept my interest. 

I tuned in for Amy Acker (I agree with her hair, blonde does not suit her), but the "kid" actors were pretty good. I believed them being siblings with them fighting about every little thing then protecting each other when someone else bothered them. The family part being the most interesting I wasn't expecting. Maybe the other mutants will get better as the story moves along. 

Does this take place post-Logan? Since they mentioned the X-Men being gone and the mutants are on the run. 

• Love 2
33 minutes ago, janeta said:

Ok, i'm in.  Hopefully it'll be more than constant running and chasing though.

Yes, the "constantly on the run" show gets old quickly.  Then we have to ignore questions about how they manage to pay for things and where the regular meals come from.

I could do without the troubled younger brother who always messes  things up and always blames himself for everything.

The "underground mutant headquarters" title was funny.  It looked like something you could find on Google maps.

• Love 2

Yes, the "constantly on the run" show gets old quickly.  Then we have to ignore questions about how they manage to pay for things and where the regular meals come from.

I wouldn't mind the "constantly on the run" stuff going away because I thought it was the most unconvincing part of the episode. One thing I DO think the pilot failed at was instilling much of a sense of urgency. The Struckers came off like they were on a mildly inconvenient family road trip, not being hunted by the government. (This is part of why we should've stuck with them more and left the mutant underground more mysterious imo--they would've felt more helpless and hunted.)

They also should've made made the father a more hard-line anti-mutant guy earlier on, I think. His "there is nothing more important to me than my family" didn't feel earned as a Big Moment. Really the family needed more time in general....

I tuned in for Amy Acker (I agree with her hair, blonde does not suit her),

I agree that the hair wasn't great in this episode, but I've seen more recent pictures and the color looks MUCH better. I mean, she still looks better as a brunette than blonde, but the blonde should improve in future episodes.

• Love 1

Really enjoyed this show.  Love the fact that a superhero show isn't afraid to spend money on special effects and actually showed them (looking at you, Jessica Jones where we only see her land from "flying" and not actually flying, and Agents of SHIELD which has really cheaped out on Quake's powers).  Inhumans was promising in terms of showing powers at first but then they had Crystal only using flames once and chopped off all of Medusa's hair to save on CGI.

I think Stephen Moyer is a terrible actor.  The man just can't do accents.  It was obvious he was struggling with an American accent.  

Loved the powers we saw.  Marcos was identified on a dossier as a Colombian codenamed Eclipse and has some kind of solar absorption/manipulation and light generation power.  Sounds almost like Havok, who is supposed to be the one with Polaris.  I don't think Eclipse is in the comics, is he?   Lauren seems like a less powerful telekinetic and Andy seems like he has some kind of earthquake powers like Rictor or Quake.

I too am confused about the timeline since we saw Blink already in the movies.  I suppose the Blink in the movies was from the future.  But there she was played by the great Fan Bingbing and here we get the awful Jamie Chung.  She wasn't as bad as she was in Gotham but she still wasn't great.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, SimoneS said:

I can see the father being a mutant. He looked shocked when he heard and then witnessed the kids' powers so maybe he doesn't take something to suppress his power, but rather hasn't had a situation arise where the stress causes his power to burst out or maybe he didn't recognize that the power was his? It could be an interesting development since he will be locked up with mutants which could trigger his power.

I think that this show is set post-Logan, the movie, since they mentioned that the X-Men were gone.

It's not post Logan, since in Logan they said no new mutants had been born in 25 years.... but I could see it being somewhere during the timeline before Logan- X-men were gone (though I'd think they'd have mentioned more than 'disappeared' if Xavier had killed them all accidently as implied by Logan.)   But, I don't actually expect this show to fully fit in with any of the movie timelines... because not everything has to be connected.

Overall I really enjoyed the pilot and will be looking forward to this show each week! I like the cast a lot, having always been a fan of Stephen Moyer and Amy Acker, but the rest of the cast rounds out nicely.

The little easter eggs were fun, Stan Lee's cameo... the cut to the picture of a Wolverine :)

Edited by roctavia
5 hours ago, Xantar said:

Loved it too, those kind of little touches really improve an adaption and I also like how it wasn't excessive or commented on, just "there" instead of throwing it in our faces like they're saying "huh? Huh? Ya get it?!?"

5 hours ago, AimingforYoko said:

This was a pretty decent pilot. It wasn't Legion, but then again what is?

I'd say it was a LOT better than Legion's pilot, the characters worked a lot better and were much more defined, and since they weren't going for that "through the eyes of madness" angle that Legion's first couple episodes did to a massively excessive degree it was much easier to follow what was going on.

After all those years of playing Root, it's weird seeing Amy Acker playing someone normal again.

Acker does really well with playing somewhat unhinged characters. Before Person of Interest the last time I remember seeing her was as Fred in Angel so it'll be interesting to see her as someone normal for once. That's assuming they don't just kill her off 2 or 3 episodes in of course.

5 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

Maybe, but in X-Men continuities the mutant gene is recessive so it goes unexpressed for dozens if not hundreds of generations and just pops up in seemingly random children. Most of the mutants of note have human parents, grandparents, and any other family members presented are perfectly human. In fact, other than Magneto's children Quicksilver, Polaris, and Scarlet Witch (if we're talking about a week when the writers have decided they actually ARE Magneto's children) there hasn't really been any mutants of note that have had one or more mutant parents.

3 hours ago, roctavia said:

It's not post Logan, since in Logan they said no new mutants had been born in 25 years.... but I could see it being somewhere during the timeline before Logan- X-men were gone (though I'd think they'd have mentioned more than 'disappeared' if Xavier had killed them all accidently as implied by Logan.)   But, I don't actually expect this show to fully fit in with any of the movie timelines... because not everything has to be connected.

I'd say it's really best if they leave it as it's own timeline rather than tying it to Logan or the Days of Future Past timeline, as it really just predestines everything to go to hell at some point and prevents a happy or even bittersweet ending to this series from being possible. Not much point in watching it if the endgame is already written.

I'd say this is overall a pretty good pilot, and if they keep up this momentum going forward I can see myself watching it to the end.

Edited by immortalfrieza
  • Love 4

I'm an X-geek dating back to the Claremont/Byrne days, so I'm obviously in. But here's a question I haven't been able to fanwank: If Blink's power generally causes things to splinch when she's teleporting blind, why didn't she try 'porting the Sentinel spider things into oblivion? I mean, I suppose it would've taken several tries since those things didn't need all their parts to function, plus Andy had to utterly obliterate them for dramatic purposes...but aside from that.

Wonder if we'll see some actual large Sentinels at some point,provided they save up enough money in the budget lol

At times this show reminded me not only of Heroes,but also Mutant X(syndicated show from the early '00s)

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Last Time Lord said:

I've not seen a pay phone that wasn't a hollowed out husk in years. 

It's kind of sad, really

I saw a working one complete with new yellow pages a few weeks ago, it was such a marvel I took a picture and now I have noticed the here and there.

Not an Xman fan but liked it well enough to give it a few episodes.

7 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

I liked it, for a pilot with a lot of introducing of characters and world building it kept my interest. 

I tuned in for Amy Acker (I agree with her hair, blonde does not suit her), but the "kid" actors were pretty good. I believed them being siblings with them fighting about every little thing then protecting each other when someone else bothered them. The family part being the most interesting I wasn't expecting. Maybe the other mutants will get better as the story moves along. 

Does this take place post-Logan? Since they mentioned the X-Men being gone and the mutants are on the run. 

This show exists in its own timeline. It is not connected to any of the movies.

• Love 1

Yes, the show is in its own timeline, according the producer:

“The idea is that this is definitely its own universe. We’re not in the same exact timeline as any particular movie or comic, but that said we do share some characters with the movies and comics. The idea is we’re doing our own thing. As they say, there are many streams.”

https://io9.gizmodo.com/how-the-gifted-connects-to-the-x-men-movies-while-avoid-1797156730

However, I think that the Sentinel technology does suggest that it is set in the future.

• Love 1

When they mentioned going to Mexico there was also a mention of having to go over or under the wall. That would also suggest a setting in the future because that wall is not there in 2017.

I didn't love it because I have problems with the premise. I had hoped they would make me a believer but... they didn't. I just find it hard to believe Mutants would be hunted like this. Xmen is pretty clear that for the most part humans accept them. And it makes sense that if there are bad mutants you don't want to hunt down the good ones. 

I also was reminded of Mutant X  but that had a better premise for Mutants being hunted. The mutants weren't a purely natural phenomenon. Most having either been experimented on or their parents experimented on via gene therapy. So it was a smaller subset. And they were being hunted by a black ops type agency that as attempting to find out how utilize them for weapons and other nefarious means. 

I also didn't like the powers which, sorry, were mostly lame. It was like watching the JV team. 

Stephen Moyer still looks like a vampire... starting to wonder if he is one. 

• Love 1

I liked it.

Jesse is going to help the Struckers out, that's my guess.  He'll wind up helping the dad escape, and working with the mutant underground because his kid will be a mutant.  He just better say that he's got a friend that can help out.

The kids were really good, and I liked their relationship.

• Love 1

I thought this was the best pilot I've seen this season so far. I've been very critical about all the new shows, and this one definitely has its flaws, but I actually can see myself watching the rest of this season. I really did like it. I am a superheroes girl, but I could never quite get into X-Men so until I've seen more than the first three movies once upon a time, I'm going to have to only comment on this show not in relation to the X-Men universe. 

A major plus for me was the realistic sibling relationship. I loved Lauren and Andy's relationship, and so many shows with siblings just don't get the right balance. They sniped at each other, they fought, but when it mattered, they were there to protect and care for one another. I also love that Lauren has had her powers for years and kept it hidden. It allowed for her protection with Andy to be at full force with her teaching him to control his powers. Honestly, I am impressed that I didn't hate either kid outright. Maybe it also helps that they only have these two as the kids of the show at the moment, and no random relationship drama pushed in my face. 

I think what they faltered on was how they used Stephen Moyer's Reed. I think this needed to either be a two hour pilot, or they needed to stretch this episode out into the second episode. They barely set up Reed's dilemma with working against mutants and then having to discover his children's powers. They attempted to show his morality through his scene with Lorna, but I think there needed to be more time dedicated to him hunting mutants. 

Also, I do think they spent a little too much time on the Mutant Undergrounds. I think this pilot needed to be balanced better, and either they had one too many characters, or they just couldn't find the right balance. I did like Blink a lot, and think that her introduction for me was well done. Eclipse was also introduced pretty well.

I think how they showed the powers was very, very cool. I especially loved the many shots of Lauren's power.

All in all, I'm in for the season. 

• Love 4

I enjoyed this pilot way more than Inhumans. The little nostalgia callbacks were certainly nice, but I think there was a lot of good story crammed into an hour here.

Amy Acker was very believable as a mom trying to struggle with rapidly changing circumstances. But I'm not surprised. I remember her as Fred on Angel, and she's part of the reason I tuned in. I did like the kids bickering in the backseat of the stolen truck. It felt like a real family.

My only complaint was that I would have liked to see more of Polaris being a badass before she was captured. I thought she was the most interesting of the mutant underground characters. And shallowly, the actress is easy on the eyes as well.  All in all, I think I'm in for this series.

• Love 1

It took a little while but I ended up enjoying the pilot.  Nice action, good dynamic between the characters, also a great opportunity to utilize some lesser known characters.  It's hard to believe that this is the first instance of Lorna Dane being adapted for an X-Men property.

7 minutes ago, Lantern7 said:

@benteen . . . I think Lorna was in the original cartoon, albeit in one episode. #nitpickery

Jesse is the de facto leader guy, right? What is his power set? Something about intense heat?

The leader seems to be John Proudstar / Warpath (or maybe it's Thunderbird).  His powers seem direct from the comics... enhanced strength and senses.  I think the one you are calling Jesse is named Marcos, from that bio sheet we briefly saw he is from Colombia, code named Eclipse, and has some kind of solar absorption and discharge power, as well as light generation.  

• Love 1
11 hours ago, immortalfrieza said:

Maybe, but in X-Men continuities the mutant gene is recessive so it goes unexpressed for dozens if not hundreds of generations and just pops up in seemingly random children. Most of the mutants of note have human parents, grandparents, and any other family members presented are perfectly human. In fact, other than Magneto's children Quicksilver, Polaris, and Scarlet Witch (if we're talking about a week when the writers have decided they actually ARE Magneto's children) there hasn't really been any mutants of note that have had one or more mutant parents.

Nightcrawler is prominent and he is the son of Mystique and unless it has been retconned, both are mutants.   And isn't Sabretooth also supposed to be a son of Mystique?

The alternate timeline daughter of Cyclops and Jean Grey, originally called Rachel Summers, is also a mutant and for a while called herself Phoenix   Not sure if this is the same person who now goes by Rachel Grey.  

Cable is the son of Cyclops and is also a mutant. 

I'm not that familiar with Hope Summers but I think she is also an alternate child of Cyclops?

David Haller aka Legion is the son of Professor X.

I believe Sebastian Shaw's son Shinobi is also a mutant.

Edited by blackwing
  • Love 4

I thought this was a decent beginning. Certainly better than Inhumans. I wouldn't mind them somehow ditching the son. He was pretty bad and damned annoying. I wouldn't worry about how this fits in with the movie continuity since the movies themselves don't even care about continuity. Thinking about it will just make you angry.

And isn't Sabretooth also supposed to be a son of Mystique?

Nope. Sabretooth and Mystique, in the comics, had a son together who was a regular human being, Graydon Creed. Also Rachel Summers is Rachel Grey, same person. Hope Summers is Cable's adoptive daughter. She was the first mutant born after the No More Mutants storyline and Cyclops sent Cable to get her and take her into the future to raise her in safety because everyone was fighting over her.

Edited by TiffanyNichelle

DVR'd the first episode and excited to read most here giving it a thumbs up - can't wait to watch ! 

? I L O V E Amy Acker and thrilled she's back on my TV screen again ?

Fingers crossed the show gets the ratings needed to stick around?

The first ep rated a 1.5, which is a little lower than I was hoping but still good. Given Fox's ratings problems in the recent past, they should definitely get the full-season pickup at least. And given that reaction to the pilot seems generally to have been positive, I'm hopeful they hold most of that audience next week.

1 hour ago, blackwing said:

Nightcrawler is prominent and he is the son of Mystique and unless it has been retconned, both are mutants.   And isn't Sabretooth also supposed to be a son of Mystique?

The alternate timeline daughter of Cyclops and Jean Grey, originally called Rachel Summers, is also a mutant and for a while called herself Phoenix   Not sure if this is the same person who now goes by Rachel Grey.  

Cable is the son of Cyclops and is also a mutant. 

I'm not that familiar with Hope Summers but I think she is also an alternate child of Cyclops?

David Haller aka Legion is the son of Professor X.

I believe Sebastian Shaw's son Shinobi is also a mutant.

Nightcrawler in some comics is the son of Mystique and Azazel, the devil looking mutant seen in First Class. So both his parents were mutants. I just wonder how some of them have similar powers to their parents and others have completely different powers. Especially Magneto's children. 

3 hours ago, TiffanyNichelle said:

I thought this was a decent beginning. Certainly better than Inhumans. I wouldn't mind them somehow ditching the son. He was pretty bad and damned annoying. 

Agree about the son.  I found him incredibly irritating, the way he would sit there and rock back and forth.  Reminded me of Kiefer Sutherland's son (the actor who is now on Gotham) from that show Touch a few years back. I found that character uber annoying as well.

Unfortunately I think he isn't going anywhere, he represents the mutant who just discovered his powers in a painful way.  At least this show broke the typical trope of having a helpless weak girl be that character.  Here we have the strong experienced older sister guiding her young innocent little brother instead of the other way around.

• Love 1
19 hours ago, Jlina said:

Not sure how to make a spoiler? Imbd had some disappointing news on Root and Bill.  Fine start! And I don't even love X men :)

Aha directed by Burn Notice creator? Well, hello Coby. And Brian Singer isn't he formerly Supernatural? Lots of talent!

Spoiler

Only two episodes? That sucks.

Vampire Bill and Ms. Groves are exactly the reason I watch this pilot as other mutant shows (Mutant X, The Tomorrow People, Legion) did not interest me.

• Love 1

I spent the longest time trying to figure out where I knew the husband from and then when they got surrounded by the cops my brain suddenly went "Bill!"

I'll stick around for a few more episodes before making a final judgement. There's some things that could be interesting in the long run in there.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, TV Anonymous said:
  Hide contents

Only two episodes? That sucks.

Vampire Bill and Ms. Groves are exactly the reason I watch this pilot as other mutant shows (Mutant X, The Tomorrow People, Legion) did not interest me.

I wouldn't read too much into IMDB, it has the entire strucker family listed as only 2 episodes... based on all the marketing and that the whole premise of the show is a family on the run, I'm sure they are sticking around. Not to mention that no way was the preview only for next episode- too much was happening, too many different situations for the same characters... so I'm sure there will be more of the Strucker Family. IMDB doesn't know everything :P

• Love 1
On 10/2/2017 at 6:54 PM, Twilight Man said:

When Strucker contacted Marco on the phone, the ringtone was the first few notes of the 90's X-Men cartoon.

And another Stan Lee LMD shows up at the diner  (oh wait, according to GotG 2, "Stan Lee" is a celestrial being, I forgot).

The X-Men are missing, but Deadpool will probably make a cameo (via TV monitor) during sweeps.

One of those corporate things No MCU including GotG vol anything counts for nothing in the Xverse. It is too bad that The Inhumans showrunner wasn't sat down to study Bryan Singer before he got started on his job. So the tune was the cartoon, I recognized it and never saw them  was a variation of it used in any of the movies?

I was bored throughout this one. But it's a pilot and pilots are often boring and shows need time to get into the swing of things, so I'll give it a few episodes.

Is this in the same Universe and timeframe as Legion? The styles are drastically different.

On 3.10.2017 at 3:54 AM, Twilight Man said:

They didn't, really. He was just questioned by the watchers, who eventually got bored of him and then he was stranded on that asteroid. I think a celestial should be able to get his ass back home on his own.

On 3.10.2017 at 4:10 AM, kariyaki said:

She could have just ditched the SIM-card and then used the phonebook from her phone to look up the number.

On 3.10.2017 at 4:23 AM, tennisgurl said:

the mutant gene is genetic

Well, I would hope so, otherwise reality might break down. :D

On 3.10.2017 at 4:32 AM, SimoneS said:

Post Logan there weren't any mutants anymore, due to some gene therapy in the air. Also that would put us waaaaaaaay into the future and this seemed to be kinda current time.

22 hours ago, immortalfrieza said:

In fact, other than Magneto's children Quicksilver, Polaris, and Scarlet Witch (if we're talking about a week when the writers have decided they actually ARE Magneto's children) there hasn't really been any mutants of note that have had one or more mutant parents.

What about Nightcrawler? He's the son of Mystique and Azazel.

I think it's more the fact that mutants having a sizeable number is a relatively recent thing, that is the cause for most of them having human parents. If the gene is recessive you would have a higher chance to be a mutant yourself if one or two of your parents were mutants. In fact if both of your parents are mutants, it should be guaranteed that you turn out to be one, too.

Back when the X-Men began the mutants were called "children of the atom" because everyone was freaked out that the advent of nuclear energy and advancements in science would cause a higher rate of mutation than simple evolution. (Also it's much easier to create superheroes when they don't require an origin story.) The original X-Men were kids of normal powerless folks initially. Then writers noted that people who were "different" would probably be treated badly in the fictional world as were those in the real world, even though most of the mutants depicted were different in that they were better looking than normal folk. They also recognized that the "coming out" of mutants would be similar to that of gay teens, and eventually they got some real soap opera stuff going on, which resulted in a LOT of the kids discovering that parents had powers they hadn't been aware of, and mutations were just another trait ion some family trees, like hair color. I think it would be cool if the Vampire Bill and Root do not turn out to have any powers, but, then, why both kids? And I get that the girl's seems sort of like TK, but is the boy's just a less controlled version, or something else?

The school dance reminded me of "Carrie" without the pig's blood. I actually like the spiderlike sentinels better than the giant robot version. They are creepier. I'll stick with this for a bit. Better than the Inhumans.

• Love 3