Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E00: Being Vee

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

Bolded my me - AMEN, @SPLAIN.  Vee is obviously hurt but doesn't use it as an excuse to be a giant turd to everyone. 

I wish there was some kind of way to court order Kail and Jenelle to have to listen to Vee give lessons explaining this (not that either of them would really listen). Maybe Leah could come by as well...to see how someone should do public speaking....

Ugh, please don't make me defend Kail or Jenelle, but to be fair, look at the parent that stayed. I like Barb, but we know how she can be. And Suzie? OMFG. Neglectful, narcissistic, alcoholic. I'm amazed I dislike Kail as much as I do after the glimpse of how she grew up. Vee's mom seemed loving and supportive.

I'm not saying Kail and Jenelle couldn't work on bettering themselves, but first they'd have to realize they could improve. I don't think they'll ever get there. Those F'ed-up family dynamics are really ingrained and etch into a personality in ways that seem impossible to change. Personality disorders are usually untreatable and from what I understand are caused by abuse/neglect and/or are congenital.

• Love 7
52 minutes ago, nikita said:

Ugh, please don't make me defend Kail or Jenelle, but to be fair, look at the parent that stayed. I like Barb, but we know how she can be. And Suzie? OMFG. Neglectful, narcissistic, alcoholic. I'm amazed I dislike Kail as much as I do after the glimpse of how she grew up. Vee's mom seemed loving and supportive.

I'm not saying Kail and Jenelle couldn't work on bettering themselves, but first they'd have to realize they could improve. I don't think they'll ever get there. Those F'ed-up family dynamics are really ingrained and etch into a personality in ways that seem impossible to change. Personality disorders are usually untreatable and from what I understand are caused by abuse/neglect and/or are congenital.

I agree.

However, at some point these so-called adult women need to own up to their shit. They can't continue to blame their issues on their upbringing, their mothers, and the fathers who abandoned them. I think @MyPeopleAreNordic was only pointing out the two things those two have in common and how they believe it entitles them to behave the way they do. Those two have constantly drop the blame on other people's laps regardless of whatever mental issues they suffer from. Nathan suffers from PTSD but he doesn't get a pass for his behavior. He shouldn't. When adult people can admit they suffer from mental problems, it is time for them to do something about it. The people they inflict their abuse and pain on don't care what they endured growing up. If anyone came up to me and beat me up, I don't want to hear about their upbringing. I want to hear them admit they are wrong and they will seek help. The statue of limitations ran out on Kail and Jenelle long ago.

• Love 17

I love you, Splain and Nordic. The thing that makes me the craziest about Jenelle and Kail is that they have the time and the money to seek counseling and to work on improving their coping skills so they can have better lives. Neither Kail or Jenelle are stupid women, I just don't get it.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, jacksgirl said:

I love you, Splain and Nordic. The thing that makes me the craziest about Jenelle and Kail is that they have the time and the money to seek counseling and to work on improving their coping skills so they can have better lives. Neither Kail or Jenelle are stupid women, I just don't get it.

I don't have much hope for both of them but I think if either one ends up being an emotionally healthy person one day it will be Kailyn. Kailyn has a lot of nasty awful personality traits but 1. She isn't a drug addict (addiction takes a lot out of you and messes up your brain chemistry) and 2. I do think she is capable of human emotions such as empathy and sympathy....she is able to interact as a social being in a way Jenelle is not. 

If anything Kailyn might have a break through mid life when her boys cut her off unless she agrees to play nice with their partners. I think Kailyn does want emotional intimacy and all that she just doesn't know how to go about it. Jenelle is souless. 

• Love 17
35 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I don't have much hope for both of them but I think if either one ends up being an emotionally healthy person one day it will be Kailyn. Kailyn has a lot of nasty awful personality traits but 1. She isn't a drug addict (addiction takes a lot out of you and messes up your brain chemistry) and 2. I do think she is capable of human emotions such as empathy and sympathy....she is able to interact as a social being in a way Jenelle is not. 

If anything Kailyn might have a break through mid life when her boys cut her off unless she agrees to play nice with their partners. I think Kailyn does want emotional intimacy and all that she just doesn't know how to go about it. Jenelle is souless. 

I definitely agree. Kailyn shows a great deal of love and affection to her sons. She is awful in romantic relationships and fucks them up terribly. But her sons are obviously close to her and benefit from time with her. They communicate well and seem happy in her presence. Jenelle's children are demonstrably neglected and don't have any real relationship with her. I think that says a lot. When people call Kail a "sociopath" that's why I think that's too much. Jenelle also has absolutely no friends, while Kailyn has always had them, and in fact, prioritized them over her partners. 

If anything, I think Kailyn is one of those people who should stay single. I know she won't, but it would solve most of her issues if she just had protected sex with a hookup once in a while or stayed entirely alone until she's done a TON of therapy. Unfortunately she is not introspective and she is highly selfish and impulsive, so she likely will not decide that on her own. 

Jenelle, meanwhile, should not have children or a relationship. 

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 13

Jenelle is a vicious, cruel, and abusive person with Barb in the picture. Remove Barb, and there you have Jenelle who is still a vicious, cruel, and abusive person. Kail is an asshole like Jenelle in many ways. Many children could have a loving mother and a stable environment and still, the abandonment by one parent could be devastating and traumatic to the child(ren) left behind. Barb is not an alcoholic. I think Jenelle took out her rage on Barb for her dad not being in the picture. To this day, she still longs for that loser. 

2 hours ago, jacksgirl said:

I agree.  

The statue of limitations ran out on Kail and Jenelle long ago.

This can't be said enough. 

• Love 9

I'm commenting while I watch so I may edit this post several times lol.

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet but there is a HUGE contrast between the way Janet communicates with Vee versus the past correspondence with Kailyn pre-breakup.

When Janet talked with Kailyn it felt like Janet had to keep walking on eggshells or having to go against her own son to help woe is me Kailyn feel comfortable at all times. It must've been EXHAUSTING for Janet to have to baby Kailyn in order to keep the peace and ensure a future relationship with her grandchild without strife.

Watching how Vee and Janet were together I would have thought Janet was Vee's mother (aside from Jo sitting in the backseat as Vee sat upfront) if I had never seen this show before. There was a lot of love for her future Mother-law and vice versa with future daughter in-law. There's respect.

I'm on my second marriage (and my last - I snagged a great man), but my ex-husband's mother was (she's still alive just sharing past experience) so selfish, self-centered and snobbish. She treats her children like strangers unless they have something to offer her (Kailyn's benefits package) and would give me backhanded compliments. It was exhausting maintaining a cordial relationship with her.

Fast forward to present time and I hit the lottery with mother in-laws. My mother in-law REFUSES to call me her daughter in-law as she considers me her real daughter. It's so easy to have a relationship with her because she's so kindhearted and the conversations just flow so naturally and are genuine. Much like Janet and Vee. I love my mother in-law like my own and also refer to her as mother but for identifying purposes on here, I'm referring to her as MIL.

I get happy when I see her name on my caller ID. With all of that said, seeing how caring Janet is and how great of a grandmother she is I'm so happy she dodged a bullet when Jo and Kailyn broke up so she can experience a real bond with her child's wife. Bonus: You KNOW Kailyn is raging with jealousy over their bond with her ten million emojis while going to bed. #Vee&Janet

I also don't mind Vee repeatedly mentioning how she misses her home. She made a selfless sacrifice for someone she loves and that is noble. With all of the whining the TM franchise mothers do, Vee's homesick complaining is nothing but a normal homesick mom that wants her mother to see her grandchild grow up. Family is important to her and that is a great trait to have in a wife. Jo snagged a great girl.

Update: Oh I'm up to the part where Vee is crying about her dad. ?

Poor thing. She's such a beautiful person inside and out with a GORGEOUS baby girl and should NOT be blaming herself for her father being a douchebag.

Edited by Calm81
  • Love 21
11 minutes ago, Calm81 said:

I'm commenting while I watch so I may edit this post several times lol.

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet but there is a HUGE contrast between the way Janet communicates with Vee versus the past correspondence with Kailyn pre-breakup.

When Janet talked with Kailyn it felt like Janet had to keep walking on eggshells or having to go against her own son to help woe is me Kailyn feel comfortable at all times. It must've been EXHAUSTING for Janet to have to baby Kailyn in order to keep the peace and ensure a future relationship with her grandchild without strife.

Watching how Vee and Janet were together I would have thought Janet was Vee's mother (aside from Jo sitting in the backseat as Vee sat upfront) if I had never seen this show before. There was a lot of love for her future Mother-law and vice versa with future daughter in-law. There's respect.

I'm on my second marriage (and my last - I snagged a great man), but my ex-husband's mother was (she's still alive just sharing past experience) so selfish, self-centered and snobbish. She treats her children like strangers unless they have something to offer her (Kailyn's benefits package) and would give me backhanded compliments. It was exhausting maintaining a cordial relationship with her.

Fast forward to present time and I hit the lottery with mother in-laws. My mother in-law REFUSES to call me her daughter in-law as she considers me her real daughter. It's so easy to have a relationship with her because she's so kindhearted and the conversations just flow so naturally and are genuine. Much like Janet and Vee. I love my mother in-law like my own and also refer to her as mother but for identifying purposes on here, I'm referring to her as MIL.

I get happy when I see her name on my caller ID. With all of gat said, seeing how caring Janet is and how great of a grandmother she is I'm so happy she dodged a bullet when Jo and Kailyn broke up so she can experience a real bond with her child's wife. Bonus: You KNOW Kailyn is raging with jealousy over their bond with her ten million emojis while going to bed. #Vee&Janet

I also don't mind Vee repeatedly mentioning how she misses her home. She made a selfless sacrifice for someone she loves and that is noble. With all of the whining the TM franchise mothers do, Vee's homesick complaining is nothing but a normal homesick mom that wants her mother to see her grandchild grow up. Family is important to her and that is a great trait to have in a wife. Jo snagged a great girl.

Well said. 

• Love 4

Just watching this to calm my nerves before my marathon tomorrow and realized that no one mentioned how hideous the lipstick shades on the vineyard women were!  

21 hours ago, jacksgirl said:

The thing that Kailyn and Jenelle have in common is a diagnosis of bipolar / borderline personality disorder.

They desperately need intensive clinical therapy and medication. So ironic that they are in a position to have the time and financial resources to seek the type of help they need, unlike so many others who share their diagnosis, but they seem to have no awareness of how negatively their lives are being impacted or any desire to change their behavior.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, guilfoyleatpp said:

The thing that Kailyn and Jenelle have in common is a diagnosis of bipolar / borderline personality disorder.

They desperately need intensive clinical therapy and medication. So ironic that they are in a position to have the time and financial resources to seek the type of help they need, unlike so many others who share their diagnosis, but they seem to have no awareness of how negatively their lives are being impacted or any desire to change their behavior.

They can afford to receive treatment with Marsha Linehan (developer of DBT) but why bother? Their bad choices are rewarded by MTV and praised by their fan base. 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, CofCinci said:

They can afford to receive treatment with Marsha Linehan (developer of DBT) but why bother? Their bad choices are rewarded by MTV and praised by their fan base. 

I happened to mention to a friend who is a therapist about that one teenage girl who was on Dr. Phil. She is known as the Cash me outside girl. I don't care to know about this young girl. I can't help but see her pop up every so often on my Facebook. I follow music sites and entertainment news sites. Well, she recently was "news" for her having been signed to a record label. I mentioned to this friend how I am disgusted with how someone like her is being rewarded for her atrocious behavior. I then mentioned the same about these girls on TM. She told me these reality show participants are not being rewarded. They are being paid for their foolish behavior. They are being taken advantaged of by the companies so they can make money off of their outlandish behavior. I told her although I agreed with her, I also felt they are being rewarded because these are girls who are committing crimes, and they get paid for that behavior. She reminded me the behavior would still be happening with or without the show. I told her how they wouldn't be getting offers to plug various items on their social media and all the other little perks they get from the show. It went back and forth like this for a good 20 minutes. Well, there goes 20 minutes of my life I won't get back. 

• Love 6
18 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

I happened to mention to a friend who is a therapist about that one teenage girl who was on Dr. Phil. She is known as the Cash me outside girl. I don't care to know about this young girl. I can't help but see her pop up every so often on my Facebook. I follow music sites and entertainment news sites. Well, she recently was "news" for her having been signed to a record label. I mentioned to this friend how I am disgusted with how someone like her is being rewarded for her atrocious behavior. I then mentioned the same about these girls on TM. She told me these reality show participants are not being rewarded. They are being paid for their foolish behavior. They are being taken advantaged of by the companies so they can make money off of their outlandish behavior. I told her although I agreed with her, I also felt they are being rewarded because these are girls who are committing crimes, and they get paid for that behavior. She reminded me the behavior would still be happening with or without the show. I told her how they wouldn't be getting offers to plug various items on their social media and all the other little perks they get from the show. It went back and forth like this for a good 20 minutes. Well, there goes 20 minutes of my life I won't get back. 

This might be off topic but in the case of that girl, I actually feel really bad for her. She's only 13 or so and has an adult boyfriend, which is statutory rape and no one is trying to stop it. Her mother has encouraged the behavior and even got her an agent and a manager to appear as the "Cash me Outside" character on various shows, and her father is trying to get custody of her and the mom is fighting it because she herself makes so much money off of her antics. The mom has even participated in some of the videos and had physical fights on camera. She's 13 and has zero guidance. 

I compare that to the MTV girls and don't see the same thing. For one thing, she's only in middle school and deserves the protection of the adults in her life. The TM girls range from, what, 22 to 26 or something? Yet they still act like MTV is "exploiting" them. They are stuck forever in child mode, except for maybe Chelsea. I don't know what drove that in all of them but the laziness and lack of accountability is common to nearly all of them, well into their 20s. I keep waiting for any of them to grow up. 

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Lm2162 said:

This might be off topic but in the case of that girl, I actually feel really bad for her. She's only 13 or so and has an adult boyfriend, which is statutory rape and no one is trying to stop it. Her mother has encouraged the behavior and even got her an agent and a manager to appear as the "Cash me Outside" character on various shows, and her father is trying to get custody of her and the mom is fighting it because she herself makes so much money off of her antics. The mom has even participated in some of the videos and had physical fights on camera. She's 13 and has zero guidance. 

I compare that to the MTV girls and don't see the same thing. For one thing, she's only in middle school and deserves the protection of the adults in her life. The TM girls range from, what, 22 to 26 or something? Yet they still act like MTV is "exploiting" them. They are stuck forever in child mode, except for maybe Chelsea. I don't know what drove that in all of them but the laziness and lack of accountability is common to nearly all of them, well into their 20s. I keep waiting for any of them to grow up. 

I certainly didn't mean to compare a minor to the actions of adult females. I was only comparing the fact that bad and criminal behavior was being rewarded. 

I had no idea that girl has an adult boyfriend. I don't follow her, I don't even like hearing or reading about her antics, behavior and criminal behavior. Sounds like too many so-called adults are using her as a cash cow, and that is never a good thing when it pertains to minors. 

Back to Vee (what a breath of fresh air *takes deep breath* It is such a contrast to watch this young family as they go through the motions of preparing for a wedding, planning for their future, and assuring Isaac has stability in his life while we watch his mother bring a third baby into the mix. I can't imagine what it must be like for him to go from Lowry Shack to Casa Rivera. . 

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 7
On 10/9/2017 at 0:05 PM, GreatKazu said:

I certainly didn't mean to compare a minor to the actions of adult females. I was only comparing the fact that bad and criminal behavior was being rewarded. 

I had no idea that girl has an adult boyfriend. I don't follow her, I don't even like hearing or reading about her antics, behavior and criminal behavior. Sounds like too many so-called adults are using her as a cash cow, and that is never a good thing when it pertains to minors. 

Back to Vee (what a breath of fresh air *takes deep breath* It is such a contrast to watch this young family as they go through the motions of preparing for a wedding, planning for their future, and assuring Isaac has stability in his life while we watch his mother bring a third baby into the mix. I can't imagine what it must be like for him to go from Lowry Shack to Casa Rivera. . 

He probably breathes a deep sigh of relief and is able to relax since Jo and Vee don't expect him to meet any of their emotional needs. 

• Love 14
5 hours ago, Birdee said:

He probably breathes a deep sigh of relief and is able to relax since Jo and Vee don't expect him to meet any of their emotional needs. 

Isaac is going to wind up being one of those boys who is expected to be his mother's partner/husband in every way but sexually (obviously).

• Love 6
Just now, Lm2162 said:

Isaac is going to wind up being one of those boys who is expected to be his mother's partner/husband in every way but sexually (obviously).

I definitely see Kailyn leaning on Issac to be her companion and fulfill her emotional needs. She's already started with all that "my king" shit. 

I don't ignore the challenges of raising a boy as a single mom, nor do I think that's it's wrong for sons to be close emotionally with their mothers (even as grown men), but he's not your KING, he's your child, you're the parent- YOURE the monarch! My Mommy used to say "this isn't a democracy this is a constitutional monarchy"?.

• Love 15
1 minute ago, Scarlett45 said:

I definitely see Kailyn leaning on Issac to be her companion and fulfill her emotional needs. She's already started with all that "my king" shit. 

I don't ignore the challenges of raising a boy as a single mom, nor do I think that's it's wrong for sons to be close emotionally with their mothers (even as grown men), but he's not your KING, he's your child, you're the parent- YOURE the monarch! My Mommy used to say "this isn't a democracy this is a constitutional monarchy"?.

Yep, as soon I hear about "kings" and such I immediately get uncomfortable and feel like it's probably going down that road.

• Love 3
On 10/5/2017 at 10:13 AM, BXD said:

I haven't even finished this yet but it seriously SO REFRESHING! Jo and Vee are adorable together and they are such good parents! It's in such stark contrast to the other people on this show. They need to show more of Jo and Vee every TM2 episode!!!!

Oh, no! Now I'm going to have to watch it! :)

• Love 2

you know, I was honestly wondering what the hell was wrong with Vee! 

She planned an activity centered around something her child would enjoy?  Then she interacted with her friend while watching their children, instead of randomly screaming about nonsense while said children endangered themselves elsewhere. She joked around with her future MIL while checking out wedding venues?  Then she proceeded to be *really nice* to her mom, and then was upset because the car ride to Jersey (?) was getting to be too much for Vivi.

Seriously, girl, this is Teen Mom!  What the hell show do you think you're on??

(j/k, obviously I loved her and her special was delightful.)

• Love 19
On 10/18/2017 at 6:13 AM, teapot said:

you know, I was honestly wondering what the hell was wrong with Vee! 

She planned an activity centered around something her child would enjoy?  Then she interacted with her friend while watching their children, instead of randomly screaming about nonsense while said children endangered themselves elsewhere. She joked around with her future MIL while checking out wedding venues?  Then she proceeded to be *really nice* to her mom, and then was upset because the car ride to Jersey (?) was getting to be too much for Vivi.

Seriously, girl, this is Teen Mom!  What the hell show do you think you're on??

(j/k, obviously I loved her and her special was delightful.)

I know right she is the shame of TM2 :P

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, crazychicken said:

Isn't that Kail's yard, they must be trick and treating together again. Vee has way more patience than me after what that heffalump has put her & Jo through I would be avoiding her like the plague.

I know Jo has a pool as well, but the yard in the background looks bigger than his. If she's at Kail's then she's a way better person than I am. 

• Love 7
20 hours ago, crazychicken said:

Isn't that Kail's yard, they must be trick and treating together again. Vee has way more patience than me after what that heffalump has put her & Jo through I would be avoiding her like the plague.

I think its Joes house but not entirely positive. Compared to some Instagram pics of Kails pool I don’t see brown decking. 
Edited by Mkay
  • Love 4
32 minutes ago, Mkay said:

I think its Joes house but not entirely positive. Compared to some Instagram pics of Kails pool I don’t see brown decking. 

You are right I just watched the episode and that was the pool Jo & Isaac were swimming in. I didn't know Jo had a pool and the fence looks the same as Kails. Still weird and Vee still gets huge ups from me from putting up with Kail regularly.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, crazychicken said:

Vee & Jo know Kwale so well they knew before she even left the hospital that Suds needed a new name. I love their attitude towards Chris he is now part of their dysfunctional family and the will lay down the law to him.

http://www.mtv.com/video-clips/x06mvl/teen-mom-2-deleted-scene-baby-names

So, Chris is Black, White, and Mexican according to what Vee said Kwale said to her. 

Jesus. She needs Jesus looking down on her. lol 

• Love 4

The Mexican thing confuses me. It totally sounds like something someone who isn't Latinx uses as a placeholder for <insert-Spain-colonized-country-here>. 

But then there aren't a lot of Mexicans in that part of the country (or there weren't when I lived there in the early 2000s) but a lot of Central and South Americans who definitely wouldn't define themselves as Mexican. 

I guess we could assume that it is correct and hasn't gone through some "telephone game" like morph. 

• Love 2

I’m pretty positive chris has family in PR.  On his Facebook most of the Lopez friends/family should they either live in PR or moved here from PR.  So her “baby moon” vacation that she took by herself (yea right) She took Chris.  It’s around that time he mentioned not packing he would just buy when he lands. When they got back it seems like Kail posted some tweets like “I should have known” and things like that. They probably argued the whole time so she wanted attention in St Thomas so they could have a fun almost family vacation. Ha

• Love 9