Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E00: Being Vee

• Start Topic

I haven't even finished this yet but it seriously SO REFRESHING! Jo and Vee are adorable together and they are such good parents! It's in such stark contrast to the other people on this show. They need to show more of Jo and Vee every TM2 episode!!!!

• Love 16

I'm dealing with a sick horse, and only saw the first few minutes.  I like Vee and it sounds like she presented herself well.  I do have a question, was Isaac on the show?  I wondered if Hulk would allow that.

• Love 6
Just now, Abmis said:

I'm dealing with a sick horse, and only saw the first few minutes.  I like Vee and it sounds like she presented herself well.  I do have a question, was Isaac on the show?  I wondered if Hulk would allow that.

Yes, Isaac was there.  Vee said on twitter it was filmed over 5 days so it looked like Isaac was with them for that whole week.

• Love 12
1 minute ago, AirQuotes said:

Yes, Isaac was there.  Vee said on twitter it was filmed over 5 days so it looked like Isaac was with them for that whole week.

Thanks.  I'm glad to hear that.  

• Love 3
4 hours ago, TeeMo said:

One thing that stuck out to me while watching this special was how much the crew really seemed to love Vee. She is probably a breath of fresh air after dealing with the rest of this shitshow. 

I was also struck by that scene at the end when Vee told Jo that one thing that gives her comfort is knowing that if anything ever happened that caused their relationship to end Jo would never walk away from Vivi the way her dad walked away her. What a stark contrast to Kail who would love it if the assorted fathers of her children would drop off the face of the earth as soon as she is done with them so she could move onto her next victim unencumbered, who cares what is best for the kids? 

I think that is a very mature and great way to look at a relationship. I know people don't want to ever think they will break up with their partner, but it is very insightful to see how their partner treats an ex-partner with whom they share a child or children with.  That will tell you how you will be treated should the relationship fail. If Javi had really looked at his relationship with Kail this way, he might have saved himself the heartache and drama. Javi didn't see the bigger picture.  We called it many times - the way Kail treats Jo is the way she will treat Javi one day.  

Jo may not be good-looking to many, but damn, his heart and commitment to his children and future wife makes him a great catch. Looks aren't everything. 

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 24

If Javi had really looked at his relationship with Kail this way, he might have saved himself the heartache and drama. Javi didn't see the bigger picture. 

The only picture Javi has EVER cared to see is his own on a television screen. 

• Love 9

Garbage Pail Kail must be so full of hot, jealousy magma right now when looking at Vee.   Her fake ass bubble butt will explode soon. Eat your heart out Kail, with lots of hot sauce!

Hat's off to Vee - that snap back body is to be given credit. Probably just good genetics but still... damn. She also seems to be pleasant to be around which makes her even more attractive. Yes, I'm sure being on camera makes everyone behave better - but then one can only imagine how much worse Kail is when the cameras are off!! 

And Jo is right.. Mmmm DAT ASS.

Edited by BabyDaddy
  • Love 13

That was so refreshing!!  Jo and Vee seem very well matched and have a great little family.

I wish Kail had an ounce of self reflection because watching this she should feel terrible for ripping Isaac from his dad and grandparents when she moved him out of state without considering anyone else but herself.  And the ripple effect that Vee is missing out on time with her mom, and Vivi is missing out on grandparent and cousin time.  Kail acts like she is all about family ("the boys must be together on the holidays at my house!") but doesn't give a rat's ass about family.  

Really enjoyed seeing someone pursue a career at something they are actually good at and enjoy.  Kail, Amber, Leah, Cate, Tyler, etc. should be going to Vee for career counseling.

Where was Jo's dad at dinner?  I haven't watched religiously, has something happened to him?

Vee's friends were actually believable as her friends.  She and Chelsea are probably the only ones on this show with real friends instead of props.

Lastly, this should be required viewing for Amber.  For all of her BS talk about being a "grown ass woman", this special might clue her in that being a grown ass woman is someone who takes care of her family and herself; not someone who is an emotional and financial suckhole to those around them.

• Love 22
23 minutes ago, Booger666 said:

That was so refreshing!!  Jo and Vee seem very well matched and have a great little family.

I wish Kail had an ounce of self reflection because watching this she should feel terrible for ripping Isaac from his dad and grandparents when she moved him out of state without considering anyone else but herself.  And the ripple effect that Vee is missing out on time with her mom, and Vivi is missing out on grandparent and cousin time.  Kail acts like she is all about family ("the boys must be together on the holidays at my house!") but doesn't give a rat's ass about family.  

Really enjoyed seeing someone pursue a career at something they are actually good at and enjoy.  Kail, Amber, Leah, Cate, Tyler, etc. should be going to Vee for career counseling.

Where was Jo's dad at dinner?  I haven't watched religiously, has something happened to him?

Vee's friends were actually believable as her friends.  She and Chelsea are probably the only ones on this show with real friends instead of props.

Lastly, this should be required viewing for Amber.  For all of her BS talk about being a "grown ass woman", this special might clue her in that being a grown ass woman is someone who takes care of her family and herself; not someone who is an emotional and financial suckhole to those around them.

Kail has never had a family so I doubt she thinks of it this way. Her frame of reference for what constitutes a family unit is living with her mom and her mom really isn't worth much. She probably doesn't think fathers are necessary because she 'never grew up with a father either and she's totally fine'. It doesn't look like she had other relatives around to provide a reference point as to other ways families can operate. Kail wants Jo and Javi to go away because she wants to recreate the independence Suzi had with her, which is interesting considering how much she loathes her mom. 

Vee, on the other hand, had relatives around who doted on her and her mother. She understands what love and support looks like and while it mostly feels good, it also comes with responsibility and that you have to demonstrate integrity in order to maintain it. Kail wants all of the good things but none of the responsibility or integrity. I guess I can't blame her because these are all new things for her-- but I honestly think she was surprised that maintaining a stable family unit would require work on her own part. She targets these dudes with big loving families thinking she can have that for herself by extension but she was caught off guard by the fact that in order to be loved she would also need to be trustworthy and loving herself. Love to Kail is adoration for Kail alone, she doesn't understand that others also need love from her. I don't understand why she doesn't have empathy but it's clear to me that she doesn't. 

Edited by evilmindatwork
  • Love 17
1 hour ago, BabyDaddy said:

Garbage Pail Kail must be so full of hot, jealousy magma right now when looking at Vee.   Her fake ass bubble butt will explode soon. Eat your heart out Kail, with lots of hot sauce!

Don't you mean ranch?! :)

• Love 8

I really liked watching Vee. But think both of them tried to hard.  Vee is much better quieter and calm.  I'm sure they are trying all of these couples out on the audience for a spinoff!

Poor Vee with that dead beat dad.  What's wrong with parents that turn their back on their children.  It's so hard to explain go a kid with a broken heart that your absentee mom or dad is an asshole.!!

Also Jo has NO clue on buying property. A rundown $300,000 maybe is NOT a good start.  Goodness.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, DangerousMinds said:

So what exactly is Joe's business? Does he work from home?

Nope he does nothing.  But he put on a suit and is thinking about buying some properties to rent out.

Not to fix up..that would mean getting up off the couch!   Uggg. Vee sees the writing on the wall with this dumb idea.  

• Love 3

She just started back to work, too.  She tweeted about having to leave Vivi and it was hard.  I think leaving some of their life quiet is by choice.  I totally take her word that she and Jo work than I ever would if Kail claimed, well, anything. 

• Love 12

I don't think Jo has ever worked.  He and Vee always seem to be home like most of these 'reality stars'.  Vee is just more likeable.

I do think Vee refers to Jo as working because he seems to be looking into real estate.   Vee and her friend are going into the 'Make up business' which can be very lucrative if in the right area but the partners are 2 1/2 hours apart so we'll see.

The one they showed him looking at looked to be more than 100 years old and very run down and I think they said $300,000.  That's a lot of moola for somebody just starting out and knowing nothing about real estate.  Right now we are in a boom but an old house that expensive in a neighborhood that might someday 'rise up' is very risky.    Property is expensive right now but I surely would not sink that kind of money that is borrowed in that..no way.

I could see him picking up something fixed up in the $100,000 range and renting it out as a learning period.  Lets face it Jo is no handyman.  He lounges like Amber lounges during her season. 

And he's planning on financing the cockomanny plan with the big expenses of a wedding coming up next year.  I wonder if MTV will be paying for the production?

Edited by Jeanne222
  • Love 4
29 minutes ago, gunderda said:

The only thing that bothered me was her constant whining about how far away their families are.  2.5 hours is  not that far away.  Try having your parents move 15 hours away from you!

I agree. I'm clear across the country from my family. I'd kill to have a two and a half hour drive. I was also bothered by the way they discussed not liking Delaware in front of Isaac. He's a smart kid. He knows Jo and Vee moved because of him. I hope he didn't feel bad thinking he was responsible for their unhappiness.

Regarding the makeup business, Vee's skills are on point, but I wonder about the friend? If she's just so-so, that could end up hurting Vee's reputation. I haven't seen any of the girl's work, so I probably shouldn't judge, but it was the first thing that came to mind when Vee mentioned sending the friend to meet with the bride who had initially contacted her.

• Love 4
37 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Yeah, I lived 3000 miles from my parents for most of my adult life. Never did I whine like this.

One of my friends years ago would meet her mom once a week for lunch while she was in college and then at some point she wasn't able to work that into her schedule anymore and she had the balls to whine to me about it.  I really wanted to tell her where to shove it because I only get to see my mom (and dad) a handful of times a year.

7 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I agree. I'm clear across the country from my family. I'd kill to have a two and a half hour drive. I was also bothered by the way they discussed not liking Delaware in front of Isaac. He's a smart kid. He knows Jo and Vee moved because of him. I hope he didn't feel bad thinking he was responsible for their unhappiness.

Regarding the makeup business, Vee's skills are on point, but I wonder about the friend? If she's just so-so, that could end up hurting Vee's reputation. I haven't seen any of the girl's work, so I probably shouldn't judge, but it was the first thing that came to mind when Vee mentioned sending the friend to meet with the bride who had initially contacted her.

I thought that was a little weird too.  I thought I heard her wrong. But I would like to think she has vetted that friend if she wants to go into business with her.  Her makeup did look good when they were out for dinner. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Jeanne222 said:

I don't think Jo has ever worked.  He and Vee always seem to be home like most of these 'reality stars'.  Vee is just more likeable.

I do think Vee refers to Jo as working because he seems to be looking into real estate.   Vee and her friend are going into the 'Make up business' which can be very lucrative if in the right area but the partners are 2 1/2 hours apart so we'll see.

The one they showed him looking at looked to be more than 100 years old and very run down and I think they said $300,000.  That's a lot of moola for somebody just starting out and knowing nothing about real estate.  Right now we are in a boom but an old house that expensive in a neighborhood that might someday 'rise up' is very risky.    Property is expensive right now but I surely would not sink that kind of money that is borrowed in that..no way.

I could see him picking up something fixed up in the $100,000 range and renting it out as a learning period.  Lets face it Jo is no handyman.  He lounges like Amber lounges during her season. 

And he's planning on financing the cockomanny plan with the big expenses of a wedding coming up next year.  I wonder if MTV will be paying for the production?

"Looking into real estate" = working? Sign me up!

• Love 2

@Jeanne222 Vee tweeted a few weeks back that Jo works. She also tweeted when MTV is filming, they make sure to be at the house for that reason. The real estate thing is not Jo's job. It is something he is looking into for investments.  Someone here had posted that information when it was tweeted. 

Jo can do the investment thing. We own a small multi-unit apartment complex on top of the house rentals. I am sure Jo can handle owning some homes to rent. 

ETA: Thanks @Mkay for confirming he owns four homes.  

I see nothing wrong with Vee missing her family.  She is accustomed to having her family near her. I am the same way. It is one of the major reasons I will never move from where I live. I told my husband before we married that if he ever wanted to move, he should reconsider being with me because I wasn't going to leave my family behind. This was when he was working out of town constantly.  My family means too much to me. I lost both my parents. My siblings, nieces, nephews, and their children are my family and it means so much to me to be able to see them often and spend time with them.

Besides, there is a difference between someone crying and whining about something ALL.THE.DAMN.TIME versus someone who happened to mention it on a special about her life with her husband. She rarely mentioned her family on the actual series, and the focus of the show is not really about Jo and Vee's private life as much as it is how Jo and Vee interact with the Hulk. 

I don't want to come off as if I am generalizing by posting it is a Latino thing, but it is not out of the ordinary for Latino families to be close and live near one another. I forgot which comedian said it, but he said Latinos take care of their families so much that when they have an elderly person who needs care, they take care of them instead of putting them in a nursing home.  

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 23
14 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

Vee tweeted a few weeks back that Jo works. The real estate thing is not his job. It is something he is doing for investments.  Someone here had posted that information when it was tweeted. 

I see nothing wrong with Vee missing her family.  She is accustomed to having her family nearby. I am the same way. It is one of the major reasons I will never move from where I live. I told my husband before we married that if he ever wanted to move, he should reconsider being with me because I wasn't going to leave my family behind. This was when he was working out of town constantly.  My family means too much to me. I lost both my parents. My siblings, nieces, nephews, and their children are my family and it means so much to me to be able to see them often and spend time with them. 

Thank you! She also explained they always film at home because thats where they like to film, at home. I just looked up property records for Jo in Kent County Delaware and there are at least 4 properties he owns, so there's that. 

Edited by Mkay
  • Love 16
6 hours ago, FlowerofCarnage said:

Hmmm....makes me wonder if Jo's request for 50/50 custody was granted?

I think it was  granted. Vee also said on twitter  they have himevery other week sounds like one of those 50/50 custody agreements 

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, Mkay said:

Thank you! She also explained they always film at home because thats where they like to film, at home. I just looked up property records for Jo in Kent County Delaware and there are at least 4 properties he owns, so there's that. 

I love your sleuthing skills. :-) Thanks for putting that to rest.  

Jo may not have the skills to renovate, I sure don't. He can hire someone to fix up the properties. That is what I did. Matt and Jeff were skeevy con artists with their so-called property investment business. Gary and Jo are planning their futures. 

• Love 12
7 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

I love your sleuthing skills. :-) Thanks for putting that to rest.  

Jo may not have the skills to renovate, I sure don't. He can hire someone to fix up the properties. That is what I did. Matt and Jeff were skeevy con artists with their so-called property investment business. Gary and Jo are planning their futures. 

Welcome.  It's fun for me. Even reading a new (non-fiction) book, I go look up people, address, etc. I need visuals sometimes to see the story play out in my head.   I don't know who renovated the inside of Jo's house but do y'all remember what it looked like? It looks good now.  I've already scooped out some of the (old)property listings.  haha If they do ask well with those as they did with their own home they will sell very well.  Link to Jo's house when we first saw it  

https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/255-Merion-Rd_Dover_DE_19904_M62802-77239

• Love 14

Speaking of the homes in Dover, I can't help but notice where Kail lives, the homes are pretty spaced out. I like that the homes aren't on top of one another. One thing I have been wanting to ask is, why don't any of the homeowners have a fence? Me personally, I'd fence my property. I love the big area, but I also love my privacy. 

• Love 4

I'm sorry but this episode was so incredibly boring I could only get through the first half. You know why it was boring? Because Vee is a good decent person who has a normal wonderful family and has created a stable kind and loving home with Joe. She is wonderful with issac and loves him like her own. 

• Love 17
59 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Wow, props to Jo on owning four properties. I guess we didn't know about it because he doesn't feel the need to constantly humble brag the way Kail does with her "degree."

Yes! Now she is probably gonna go buy some properties because no one can out do Kail. It's exhausting building an empire like Oprah! 

• Love 8

Jo and Vee have accomplished more in their lives, and with less money, than Karl has done in the same amount of time and with a lot more money at her disposal. Kudos to them.

I found this episode to be such a breath of fresh air from the series.

Vee's mother is very beautiful. I remember seeing her image posted somewhere on this board. I was saddened to hear Vee's dad is not in the picture.

You see Karl and Jenelle, people can have a parent who is absent from their lives, but they still manage to be a good person.

• Love 15
42 minutes ago, Mkay said:

Yes! Now she is probably gonna go buy some properties because no one can out do Kail. It's exhausting building an empire like Oprah! 

Oprah is uber intelligent, dedicated, hard-working, versatile, polite, interesting, and a caring decent person and lovely to look at. Everything that Kail is not.

Empire of the greasy ass bubble butt splash puddle is what she is.

Edited by BabyDaddy
  • Love 9
8 minutes ago, BabyDaddy said:

Oprah is uber intelligent, dedicated, hard-working, versatile, polite, interesting, and a caring decent person and lovely to look at. Everything that Kail is not.

Empire of the greasy ass bubble butt splash puddle is what she is.

Oprah also doesn't marry a man for benefits. She doesn't need to marry Stedman in order to have a relationship.

Re the greasy comment, interesting how Hulk named her son after a brand of soap and yet, she looks as if she hasn't touched any soap in a long while.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

Speaking of the homes in Dover, I can't help but notice where Kail lives, the homes are pretty spaced out. I like that the homes aren't on top of one another. One thing I have been wanting to ask is, why don't any of the homeowners have a fence? Me personally, I'd fence my property. I love the big area, but I also love my privacy. 

Many communities don't allow fences unless it is to fence in a pool. Maybe it's an East Coast thing.

• Love 5

TBH, we see so little of some of the dads since breaking up with the moms that they could do "Being Corey" or "Being Adam" (gag) as well...that is, if the latter weren't too fragile/dumb to throw away an MTV paycheck. I hate the guy, but why was he so concerned about how bad the show "makes" him look? Jenelle & Kail sure aren't worried -- and have plenty of fans.

Edited by nikita
  • Love 3

I admire anyone who can buy rental properties and make a profit.  I looked into it and searched for several years to find even one suitable property but I couldn't find anything that had suitable profit margins.  What I finally figured out is (at least in my area) real estate agents have first access to investment properties and they snatch them up.   I wasn't interested in getting my real estate license or really being a landlord so I gave up that dream. lol

• Love 8

Geez, I can't believe the before and after for their house.  That said, I agree with you @AirQuotes.  The last realtor I used told me that the first question he asks is "how much do you want for it" and if the seller replies with around 10% below market or better (which the seller usually doesn't know) he buys it, gives it a fresh coat of paint, cleans up the landscaping if needed and relists 3-6 month later for 15%+ of what he paid.  Plus, he saves the realtor fees so its quite the side business.

• Love 7
23 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

I think that is a very mature and great way to look at a relationship. I know people don't want to ever think they will break up with their partner, but it is very insightful to see how their partner treats an ex-partner with whom they share a child or children with.  That will tell you how you will be treated should the relationship fail. If Javi had really looked at his relationship with Kail this way, he might have saved himself the heartache and drama. Javi didn't see the bigger picture.  We called it many times - the way Kail treats Jo is the way she will treat Javi one day.  

Jo may not be good-looking to many, but damn, his heart and commitment to his children and future wife makes him a great catch. Looks aren't everything. 

I'm gonna derail, but this reminded me of something...someone once said that her therapist or parents or someone told her that when you're planning to marry someone, you should think about how they would behave in a divorce. If that thought alarms you, then you shouldn't marry them.

It was so reasonable and level-headed it stuck with me. Since it's pretty much a 50/50 chance you'll get divorced, it seems thoughtful. It's like breaking up with someone on the spur of the moment. I don't believe you should tell someone to pack their shit and get out in a moment of anger. It should be a thought out plan made in the light of day without rage.

Further evidence that Vee is awesome and Jo hit the damn lottery with her.

• Love 18
16 hours ago, SPLAIN said:

Jo and Vee have accomplished more in their lives, and with less money, than Karl has done in the same amount of time and with a lot more money at her disposal. Kudos to them.

I found this episode to be such a breath of fresh air from the series.

Vee's mother is very beautiful. I remember seeing her image posted somewhere on this board. I was saddened to hear Vee's dad is not in the picture.

You see Karl and Jenelle, people can have a parent who is absent from their lives, but they still manage to be a good person.

Bolded my me - AMEN, @SPLAIN.  Vee is obviously hurt but doesn't use it as an excuse to be a giant turd to everyone. 

I wish there was some kind of way to court order Kail and Jenelle to have to listen to Vee give lessons explaining this (not that either of them would really listen). Maybe Leah could come by as well...to see how someone should do public speaking....

• Love 11
25 minutes ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

Bolded my me - AMEN, @SPLAIN.  Vee is obviously hurt but doesn't use it as an excuse to be a giant turd to everyone. 

I wish there was some kind of way to court order Kail and Jenelle to have to listen to Vee give lessons explaining this (not that either of them would really listen). Maybe Leah could come by as well...to see how someone should do public speaking....

Oh man, this would chap Kail's hide like nothing else. Let's make it happen!

• Love 9
3 hours ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

I'd be willing to pay to watch this happen.

I can hear Kail now. She would say Vee didn't have to live with an alcoholic mother who went from boyfriend to boyfriend. Kail is sure living her life just like her mother.

2 hours ago, Lusterleaf said:

It was nice to watch a mom that was mature for once!

Very much so.

• Love 2

The only thing that bothered me was her constant whining about how far away their families are.  2.5 hours is  not that far away.  Try having your parents move 15 hours away from you!

Yeah, this got a massive eyeroll from me since I drive 3 hours from DC to NJ every weekend in the summer. But as you said, otherwise a breath of fresh air.

• Love 1