Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E13: This Land is Your Land

• Start Topic

On 07/10/2017 at 10:52 AM, EyesGlazed said:

Also: With the grenade launcher and a truck, Nick and Troy couldn't lure the herd away from the Ranch?  And why did they drive to the helicopter and then sit in it doing f--k-all to help the people in the Pantry?

I know,  and laughing and having fun while doing it.

For me they are "Dumb and dumber" every time I see them together. Even Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels looks less stupid in their movies.

• Love 1
On 10/7/2017 at 9:52 AM, EyesGlazed said:

It's so unrealistic that nobody but Alicia survived the Pantry.  Come on.  There was no kid who didn't need as much air as the others, or no adult who was laying off to the side and wasn't attacked by the infected?  

19 hours ago, rmontro said:

Yeah, that bugged me too.  She also had someone laying on top of her, which could have constricted her breathing. 

Thought on it a while and I think the writers' badly-communicated intention was something more along the lines of the following:

1. The idea wasn't Alicia being the sole survivor of a quasi-instantaneous mass suffocation - but everybody including Alicia succumbing to the rising CO2 levels in the pantry, and passing out.
  2. As Alicia wavers in and out of consciousness on the verge of passing out, though, she encounters a walker in the pantry - one of the earliest casualties from asphyxiation - and engages in a struggle which ends with Alicia pinned under the (fortunately) self-impaled walker.
  3. Exhausted from the struggle in the oxygen-deprived atmosphere, Alicia then passes out same as everybody else.
  4. As Ofelia and Crazy Dog continue their therapy session to examine the root causes of his claustrophobia, the pantry CO2 levels continue to rise, rise, rise - in response to which more people die, die, die - and turn, turn, turn.
  5. The freshly-turned infected start munching on the remaining alive-but-passed-out pantry people, which kinda removes them from that classification; the freshly-dead Undead under which Alicia is pinned, however, acts as a "walker gut suit" for her, and protects her from being bitten while passed out.
  6. Ofelia and CD eventually get their heads out of their collective asses long enough to remember they're crawling through this ductwork for, like, a particular reason, and get the airflow going again.
  7. The restored airflow eventually revives Alicia (still under her infected camouflage), but by then everybody else is dead - either from asphyxiation, for from being bitten while unconscious.

That's better than claiming Alicia has the World's Greatest Lungs, or something similar.

• Love 7
On 10/7/2017 at 8:52 AM, EyesGlazed said:

Why do FTWD and TWD always have to have a bad guy who drives all the action?  

TWD I can kind of see because they have the comic as the source material, and that's basically how comics are. I thought here on this show it would be a chance to go in directions that TWD couldn't. 

Wow though are these people dumb. All this time and no one at the range figured out that they needed preemptive walker defenses besides a metal gate? 

I know dealing with a huge herd is very complicated, but there's zero innovative thinking on any of these shows. 

On 10/1/2017 at 8:17 PM, oakville said:

They had weapons & ammunition. Why bother trying to suffocate to death?

Actually, yeah. Let in a few, kill them, move the bodies, repeat. It would be inordinately tedious, but very low risk if everyone grew a brain and just executed a plan for once.