Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E13: Don't Rock The Boat

• Start Topic

On 10/2/2017 at 10:03 PM, rideashire said:

There's no hope for Shannon and David. He's antagonistic toward her now. Once you reach that place where all you wanna do is poke at someone to get a reaction then it's all downhill.

Why does she wanna save that anyway? He cheated on her, she can't get over it (not saying she should but whatever), they hate each other now and he's going in for the kill every chance he gets, get a damn divorce already.

I think they might want to stay together for the kids. I felt bad for the kids having their dad attack Shannon at Easter.

David is clearly fed up with Shannon. However, I would not have taken a shot at Shannon with the Silver Spoon comment

• Like 1
  • Love 2
On 10/3/2017 at 7:05 PM, notnowimbusy said:

Vicki is really missing out on a potential business opportunity.   Casserole Catering & Delivery.  Friend gets sick?  Send them a casserole.   Somebody dies - order a casserole to be sent.   Casseroles for all occasions. 

When Vicki was having her colonic and crying, and listed all the reasons, the biggest one, and I think the major one she left out, was she is now terrified of being booted off the show.  This season her role has almost been downgraded to friend of the show.  She has nothing new to offer, nobody will talk to her, she isn't included in events - and those she has been invited to, she ends up leaving early because nobody is interacting with her.    So, while she was lying on that table she might as well have been sobbing "Oh Kelly, Andy is going to fire me, I just know it.  And if Tamra would just be my friend again, I know I have a chance to stay".       Kelly feels sorry for her, so it shows how low she's fallen.   Tamra is going to hold out until there is absolute begging from Vicki.   Lydia & Peggy - who cares if they like you or not - they are both hanging by a thread.  And Meghan will film with anybody.    Even Vicki's relationship with Steve isn't going to save her.  How many times can we watch him cook, him play with the grandkids, etc.  Not riveting TV.

I think Vicki should leave the show. It's tiring to watch her. She should focus on Briana & the grandkids.

• Love 7
On 10/3/2017 at 0:26 PM, ElderPrice said:

I notice that Super Mega Christian Lydia did not go to Mass, or mention going to church at all, on the holiest day of the Christian calendar. It was all colored eggs and stuff. Which is fine, but a real Christian would have at least thrown in a "He is risen!" somewhere. 

But I loved her stoned mom trying to remember what day it was and what they were doing. "It's the real meaning of Christmas. Or Easter.  What day is this again?" Too funny. 

That was very strange. Did Lydia & Doug ever film a scene going to church the first season that she was on the show?

Alexis always used to film scenes at a mega church

On 2017-10-04 at 8:30 PM, lezlers said:

Admittedly, I've only made it halfway through page two, but I'm surprised no one mentioned the beginning of the boat party when all the women kept saying "no she planned the dinner, no she did" with Lydia standing right there.   That came across as extremely juvenile and mean girl and I don't even like Lydia!  Was anyone else as turned off by that little scene as I was?  I hate it when they make me feel bad for Lydia because Lydia is kind of the worst. 

I didn't mind what they did at all because Lydia has been a dog with a bone when it comes to Shannon. Shannon is a lot to take but Lydia has gone out of her way to throw digs at Shannon and even admitted that she doesn't like Shannon. The women passing around the blame I thought was a nice gesture because they didn't want Shannon to get lectured by Lydia yet again. And given that all of the women know that Lydia doesn't like Shannon, it's not such an unreasonable thing to expect that Shannon would invite Lydia. Lydia doesn't get a pass for being 'inclusive' when her motivation is really to ensure her camera time. You're not being a nice person by inviting someone to a dinner because you're 'nice' but admitting to others that you don't even like said person without even really getting to know that person. 

The bright side to no one wanting to film with Vicki is that we don't have to see much of her on the show. 

I don't think that David did anything wrong. While David is not the most expressive person, it was clear that his questions were based on being confused with the information that Peggy's husband OFFERED to share with him. Both Peggy and her husband have done a poor job of explaining her medical situation and they have no room to be offended when others don't understand and ask questions so that they can better understand the situation Peggy and her husband have so willingly shared with basically everyone. Despite the fake cancer drama with Brooks, it's not like the women have jumped on the bandwagon and attempting to insinuate that Peggy is lying about cancer. So far their questions and discussions have been about trying to sort out the information properly so that they understand correctly. Who wouldn't someone be confused when you tell a story and literally contradict yourself as you tell it? 

Edited by RHJunkie
  • Like 1
  • Love 13
6 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

I didn't mind what they did at all because Lydia has been a dog with a bone when it comes to Shannon. Shannon is a lot to take but Lydia has gone out of her way to throw digs at Shannon and even admitted that she doesn't like Shannon. The women passing around the blame I thought was a nice gesture because they didn't want Shannon to get lectured by Lydia yet again. And given that all of the women know that Lydia doesn't like Shannon, it's not such an unreasonable thing to expect that Shannon would invite Lydia. Lydia doesn't get a pass for being 'inclusive' when her motivation is really to ensure her camera time. You're not being a nice person by inviting someone to a dinner because you're 'nice' but admitting to others that you don't even like said person without even really getting to know that person. 

The bright side to no one wanting to film with Vicki is that we don't have to see much of her on the show. 

I don't think that David did anything wrong. While David is not the most expressive person, it was clear that his questions were based on being confused with the information that Peggy's husband OFFERED to share with him. Both Peggy and her husband have done a poor job of explaining her medical situation and they have no room to be offended when others don't understand and ask questions so that they can better understand the situation Peggy and her husband have so willingly shared with basically everyone. Despite the fake cancer drama with Brooks, it's not like the women have jumped on the bandwagon and attempting to insinuate that Peggy is lying about cancer. So far their questions and discussions have been about trying to sort out the information properly so that they understand correctly. Who wouldn't be confused when you tell a story and literally contradict yourself as you tell it? 

IMO, the others each saying that someone else forgot to invite Lydia to that dinner was their way of telling us production left Lydia out, not Shannon. They also stopped Lydia from playing her little blame "crazy" Shannon game and she knew it. LOL

• Love 18
11 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

IMO, the others each saying that someone else forgot to invite Lydia to that dinner was their way of telling us production left Lydia out, not Shannon.

I think you might be right on that - when Tamra told  Lydiot over the phone that the dinner was Shannon's idea, Shannon looked startled rather than angry.  And we never saw her ask Tamra later why she ratted her out - it being production-related would explain why she kept her mouth shut.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, WireWrap said:

IMO, the others each saying that someone else forgot to invite Lydia to that dinner was their way of telling us production left Lydia out, not Shannon. They also stopped Lydia from playing her little blame "crazy" Shannon game and she knew it. LOL

I hadn't thought of that...but why would production intentionally leave Lydia out? Unless they wanted to ensure drama would unfold at Doug's party. They were definitely protecting Shannon, even Peggy understood and played along but of course Kelly had her moment until she got a death glare from Tamara and then she realized what was going on, lol.

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

I hadn't thought of that...but why would production intentionally leave Lydia out? Unless they wanted to ensure drama would unfold at Doug's party. They were definitely protecting Shannon, even Peggy understood and played along but of course Kelly had her moment until she got a death glare from Tamara and then she realized what was going on, lol.

Yes, it was about the drama and I love how the others shut both production and Lydia down. I get the sense that Lydia thinks she is productions little glitter fairy darling, under their protection and the others are tired of it and let her know it. LOL

• Love 8

I've always wondered why, if they were so gung ho Armenian, did Peggy and her husband name their girls with Italian names?  Even worse, Gianella is a form of Gianna, which in turn is a shortened version of Giovanna.  It's like naming your kids Kimberly and Kimmie.

I also think it's a bit odd how excited Lydia gets over her rituals with her mother.  You've seen them do goofy stuff like routines that end with them nose rubbing, how Lydia gets ecstatic when her mother "crowns her".  That's the kind of thing you leave when you become an adult and it just serves to remind me how childish Lydia is in a lot of ways with her yays and Grover arms.

Edited by Eater of Worlds
  • Love 10

One more take on the silver spoon comment... Shannon tells the gas pump story, which is like a joke at her own expense. David takes that and runs with it, completely ignoring the fact that Shannon said it with good humour, poking fun at herself.  Kind of low. He seems to have some contempt for her.

• Sad 1
  • Love 8
On 10/2/2017 at 6:24 PM, MJS said:

Colonic? Oh god, no. 

I was screaming at my tv why the fuck are you showing these ladies having colonics?  WHY?  I wouldn't want my husband or cat in the room with me let alone a buddy or a GD camera!  At least we have confirmation that Vicki is indeed full of shit.  

Come on Bravo.  Just when I think you have sunk to new lows, a lower low is found.  

On 10/2/2017 at 6:50 PM, Mindthinkr said:

Did she call Lydia Princess Uvula? That's that dangling punching bag shaped thing that hangs in the back of our throats. Does that mean we can punch Lydia in the throat? 

Can I go first?  

My other thought about this episode is Peggy is thirsty for some air time.  She actually shows an emotion and its about what David says?  David who never pays attn to his wife so wouldn't have the total story and who was probably just making small talk?  That David?  She's lame.  Perhaps getting the deets out there might help someone else and he ended up just moving it along since neither you or Diko could actually clearly say what happened.

• Love 6
13 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

I don't think that David did anything wrong. While David is not the most expressive person, it was clear that his questions were based on being confused with the information that Peggy's husband OFFERED to share with him. Both Peggy and her husband have done a poor job of explaining her medical situation and they have no room to be offended when others don't understand and ask questions so that they can better understand the situation Peggy and her husband have so willingly shared with basically everyone. Despite the fake cancer drama with Brooks, it's not like the women have jumped on the bandwagon and attempting to insinuate that Peggy is lying about cancer. So far their questions and discussions have been about trying to sort out the information properly so that they understand correctly. Who wouldn't someone be confused when you tell a story and literally contradict yourself as you tell it? 

This would be true if Shannon had in fact planned that dinner, but she hadn't.   I really don't like Lydia, I posted on last weeks thread that I knew a woman like her in college and watching Lydia with Shannon totally gives me flashbacks, but, at least in my opinion, that doesn't make what the ladies did any less bitchy.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Yes, it was about the drama and I love how the others shut both production and Lydia down. I get the sense that Lydia thinks she is productions little glitter fairy darling, under their protection and the others are tired of it and let her know it. LOL

Well either Lydia feels protected by production because of the energy she's putting into all the shit stirring she's been doing or maybe she doesn't even realize that the women don't buy her 'I just want everyone to get along' attitude. I gave her the benefit of the doubt at the beginning but for all her talk about Tamra and Vicki's situation, you would think she would have handled her petty issues with Shannon a lot more kindly than she has. Lydia hasn't been very forgiving or considerate in getting to know Shannon. Hell, Shannon is annoying so Lydia may get to know Shannon and still not like her but don't try to convince me you're some John Lennon hippie that just wants peace and love in the world and then you talk about someone behind their back and to their face the way she does with Shannon without even trying to move past one stupid and 'not that big of a deal' first impression.

• Love 8
9 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

Drah-mah. They tell Lydia that they are planning on filming her calling people to invite them to the party. They tell the other women they want to film a lunch or dinner with some of the women and Kelly post surgery. Also be available to pick up the phone. Drama. It's the same reason production gives the women different call times. Everyone is told to show up at Sonja's townhouse at 10 for their trip, but the car doesn't show up until 11 and Sonja hasn't cleaned her house for filming. She makes everyone wait in the rain. Drama. I think they decided to protect Shannon because they know Lydia has a hate-on for her. I think Shannon's sole contribution to the dinner was suggesting the location.

• Love 8
21 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

I don't think that David did anything wrong.

Me either.  IMO, he was asking Diko questions the way a man usually asks about those things, without a lot of emotion, and just wanting the facts.  I didn't see it as interrogating him.  YMMV.  

• Love 16

Note to Charo, Jr. regarding: "I stooopeed." "I no know nutheen even though I leeeeeeeeve in Ameericah forty year" "Who dees Sheech and Shong?": 

1. A woman just secured the Democratic nomination for President of the United States. Dumb hags aren't cute anymore. (Especially at your age)

2. No one perceives you as "living the American Dream." You sound like one of the skanks from the 'Me So Horny' video. 

Edited by StevieRocks
  • Love 10
16 hours ago, ChitChat said:

Me either.  IMO, he was asking Diko questions the way a man usually asks about those things, without a lot of emotion, and just wanting the facts.  I didn't see it as interrogating him.  YMMV.  

I honestly think the questions he asked were not wrong, it's his delivery that was odd (and often is).  There's just something about the way he talks that makes him sound insincere -- I can't quite put my finger on it, but I have thought that before in his convos with Shan -- his "yes Dears" for example.

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, Jel said:

I honestly think the questions he asked were not wrong, it's his delivery that was odd (and often is).  There's just something about the way he talks that makes him sound insincere -- I can't quite put my finger on it, but I have thought that before in his convos with Shan -- his "yes Dears" for example.

True - he’s sort of spacey and detached, a bit better around his daughters but still awkward, maybe because of the cameras.

• Love 7
On 10/6/2017 at 3:07 PM, HunterHunted said:

Drah-mah. They tell Lydia that they are planning on filming her calling people to invite them to the party. They tell the other women they want to film a lunch or dinner with some of the women and Kelly post surgery. Also be available to pick up the phone. Drama. It's the same reason production gives the women different call times. Everyone is told to show up at Sonja's townhouse at 10 for their trip, but the car doesn't show up until 11 and Sonja hasn't cleaned her house for filming. She makes everyone wait in the rain. Drama. I think they decided to protect Shannon because they know Lydia has a hate-on for her. I think Shannon's sole contribution to the dinner was suggesting the location.

Agreed. This is a rerun of Meghan King blind calling Shannon and telling her she got her number from someone who didn't have Shannon number.  Production needs to stop stirring up the drama.  Meghan saying it wasn't by accident Shannon didn't invite Lydia, is just Meghan stirring up drama for drama's sake.  It was pretty clear to me production wanted to have some drama going into Lydia's plug for her advertising client's boat.  

Idiotic statements by Lydia such as, "it has been such a hard road for Tamra and Vicki.  My hope is they can really hear each other's pain and move forward."  What is the hard road all about?  Tamra the fake needs to realize for the better part of five seasons she and Vicki have been going at each other and leave quite a wake of casualties in their friendship road.  Vicki has expressed her pain and that is the assault on her "character", no one is buying it and Vicki just doubles down at every opportunity and proves Tamra, et al, correct that she is essentially the very definition of malice with her abandoned and malignant heart.   Not that Tamra is a saint but Vicki is determined to hurt Eddie and David with her comments and then recoils and strikes when asked to take responsibility for her actions.  I doubt Vicki's new beau Steve would tolerate Tamra or Shannon making comments about him.  Then again they just don't care about Steve.  Quite frankly Vicki with her phony act around him makes he wonder what he sees in Vicki.  He must set the character bar pretty low.  

Bottom line with Vicki is she is still reeling from Brooks dumping her once and for all and the others not being there for her after she and Brooks 

6 hours ago, StevieRocks said:

Note to Charo, Jr. regarding: "I stooopeed." "I no know nutheen even though I leeeeeeeeve in Ameericah forty year" "Who dees Sheech and Shong?": 

1. A woman just secured the Democratic nomination for President of the United States. Dumb hags aren't cute anymore. (Especially at your age)

2. No one perceives you as "living the American Dream." You sound like one of the skanks from the 'Me So Horny' video. 

Peggy is another one of those who is absolutely so self-absorbed, as is her idiotic husband.  If you don't want people inquiring or responding to your vague statements about your medical condition just spit it out.  Shannon asked point blank if Peggy had breast cancer, she said no.   The same thing applies to Diko, how do these women know when to bring a casserole if you don't give them a straight up answer.  I understand that having extenders can cause discomfort, but every time someone tries to be empathetic Peggy cuts them off at the knees.  Something as innocent as asking about if she can work out with extenders becomes an interrogation.  How would anyone know the answer to Peggy's particular situation if they don't ask?  She and her husband were ridiculous in regards to David's comments.  A question by definition is an effort to elicit information.  Her comments to her daughters were off base and she and DIko made matters worse with their appearance on WWHL. 

Tamra going back and sucking up is just evident of the 10 seasons of Tamra on RHOC.  I thought it laughable they showed, the one time Tamra was called to task she uses as some example of her own personal victimhood.  Tamra has usually been the leader or organizer of gang ups.  What happened with Peggy wasn't a gang up-it was Peggy deciding she would show her tough chick mean persona.  With Peggy it has become, "sorry the extenders are uncomfortable," move on, don't let this run your life.  How typical of Tamra to point the finger at everyone else.  

• Love 4

Zoeysmom, you are so smart! Seriously, that last post says it all. And I can tell you've thought about this. Such logical thinking! Thank you for your well thought out words. I need this! Otherwise, I want to just lash out at the sheer stupidity of Lydiot and Peggy.

Edited by goofygirl
what else? typing! Talking now.. great!
  • Love 2
On 10/5/2017 at 9:54 PM, stcroix said:

With her hair pulled up and those ears showing I'd swear she was Boots the monkey.   (I've seen too many Dora the Explorers with my grandkids)

I don't know Boots the Monkey, but she sure looks like a monkified lemur.  I'm not sure what a lemur is.  Probably a rodent, but it could be some messed up kind of monkey.   Bless her heart, she's a homely little shit. 

• Love 8

Lemurs are not rodents; they're primates from the island of Madagascar. They would be most closely related to apes. I, personally, think they're adorable and Lydia only WISHES she were half as cute as lemur!

• Love 10

Lydiot reminds me of either a Troll doll or that toy monkey with the symbols.

This episode should've been called "From Poop to Nuts".  Either way I could've lived just as long and died just as happy without seeing these dramas.  I can't believe these broads do not have anything more interesting things in their lives to share.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Lemurs are not rodents; they're primates from the island of Madagascar. They would be most closely related to apes. I, personally, think they're adorable and Lydia only WISHES she were half as cute as lemur!

Thanks.  So, some messed up kind of monkey.  Yay!  Lydia only looks like two kinds of messed up monkeys and not like a rodent at all.   

• Love 1
On 10/8/2017 at 10:59 AM, Mu Shu said:

I don't know Boots the Monkey, but she sure looks like a monkified lemur.  I'm not sure what a lemur is.  Probably a rodent, but it could be some messed up kind of monkey.   Bless her heart, she's a homely little shit. 

Your post made me laugh out loud!  Lemurs are cute lil buggars!  I do think  Rainbow Brite NEEDS her hair.  The Charlie Chaplin outfit was a good test of her with short hair.  Not a good idea.  She must take after dad.  Her mother is gorgeous.

• Love 3
On ‎10‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 10:12 AM, mytmo said:

Lydiot reminds me of either a Troll doll or that toy monkey with the symbols.

This episode should've been called "From Poop to Nuts".  Either way I could've lived just as long and died just as happy without seeing these dramas.  I can't believe these broads do not have anything more interesting things in their lives to share.

They are all a bunch of pathetic losers, who have NOTHING to offer.

• Love 1
On 10/5/2017 at 8:18 PM, oakville said:

That was very strange. Did Lydia & Doug ever film a scene going to church the first season that she was on the show?

Alexis always used to film scenes at a mega church

Tamara doesn't ever talk about going to her Christian church either. You know, the one that Bravo wasted a whole episode on for Tamra's "born again baptism" that looked more like a wet T-shirt contest. 

• Love 4
On 10/4/2017 at 2:32 PM, gundysgirl said:

We didn't see it, Shannon just talked about him doing it in her TH interview. God, the man is such a dick to do that to his kid. But she isn't much better talking about something that happened between David and their daughter - and was no doubt extremely hard and emotional - with the whole world months later on camera.  So the kid had to live it again when she watched the show. 

I sort of do and don’t believe that story. I think it happened, but I think there is likely more to the story then Shannon said. I’m vaguely remember  David confirmed it happened at one of the reunions, but it was in a way that made me think there was a lot of context he wasn’t talking about. I feel like David is usually really reluctant to say anything bad about Shannon, which is kind of strange given how little problem he has being nasty to her face. I always wondered if Shannon had told the girls to ask him if he wears his ring when he’s having his affair or tell him he shouldn’t wear his ring if he’s cheating on their mom or something like that in some play to guilt him back into the marriage and he told the girls to give the ring back to Shannon.